[mission] Chicken's Bane

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 am

The house stood before Koutaishi as a small bungalow with several pieces of debree in front. It looked as if the client was trying his best to make sure this place was a filthy as possible and yet surprisingly intriguing. Paper was everywhere with several thousand types of writting all over them. The wind blew around scraps of parchment that had been discarded. The only thing that hinted that someone here cared about anything was the sounds of frantic work coming from inside.

[OOC: Pony up, let's see how you handle this fight.]

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Taking an odd job was all Koutaishi could hope to do as he let out a sigh before walking toward the general area where the mission was supposed to take place. It wasn't long of a walk but the trip was enjoyable as the teen braced himself for the worst as he thought about teaching someone else how to write, something he learned quite well from his clan as well as the Academy back in Iwagakure.

At least I can supply all the paper if this guy is truly that terrib- his train of thought would end as he saw hundreds, possibly even a thousand sheets of paper scattered all around the person's house.

"This is like the forest back home.." he started to mumble to himself before walking through the endless paper. After each crunching sound of paper his feet would create he found the door where he started to knock on it gracefully speaking, "Did someone hire a professional writer?"
CharactersShow
Aburame, AkkiVillage: Konohagakure no SatoRank: GeninThread: Insects Guide Me Genkouyoushi, KoutaishiVillage: Iwagakure no SatoRank: C-RankThread: Paper Guide the Way Ouji, TatsumiVillage: Sunagakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: Artist's Move Yuusha, JuzoVillage: Kirigakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: The Stranger Things

Das Kirb

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:49 pm

"Graaaaahhhhhh!" A sound came from within that resembled wood cracking then shattering. The original knock wasn't heard but the call was in the silence that followed. "Yes, just a sec. Let me bandage my hand."

A few seconds later a man answered the door in a long bloodstained robe and a banaged hand. He looked pale and lanky with a short crop of brown hair and deep blue eyes. "Thank you, please forgive the mess and come in. The couch is safe, trust me. I'll put on some tea. We'll get started after a break." As he walked back into the house one could head him muttering something about his writting hand having been injured.

A few moments later he emerged from the kitchen with a platter of cups and a pot of steaming water. "Always good to know a little Katon, helps with daily stuff." He set the pot down and dug in the paper scraps for some cream and suger, placing those on the platter that now sat on the table in a small clearing. He took a seat in a chair across the table. "Anyway, I don't believe I know your name. Mine's Morin"

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 am

The events that had happened within the next few minutes were a bit confusing for Koutaishi as he let out a groan underneath his breath. This might be more difficult with the injury on his hand, but who knows, maybe the guy is better as a lefty anyways. the teen would start to think to himself as his eyes would shift all around the room, checking everything out and taking in all information that he could of the area.

"My name is Genkouyoushi, Koutaishi." he would bow before taking a seat across from the writer. "I am here to assist you with your writing, so is there anything in particular that you need help with?" he would add as he wasn't sure if asking for a cup of boiling water would be met for him or not.

It was a lot to take in, but the ex-Iwa teen was more than determined to finish this task up and get back to training.
CharactersShow
Aburame, AkkiVillage: Konohagakure no SatoRank: GeninThread: Insects Guide Me Genkouyoushi, KoutaishiVillage: Iwagakure no SatoRank: C-RankThread: Paper Guide the Way Ouji, TatsumiVillage: Sunagakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: Artist's Move Yuusha, JuzoVillage: Kirigakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: The Stranger Things

Das Kirb

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Morin looked around the littered room with a frown of both depression and aggravation. He almost looked like a defeated man. "No matter what I try my penmenship just can't get legible. It seems that when I push the brush to the paper that all blood leaves my hand and I go numb." He rummaged through a pile and pulled a seemingly random piece of paper that was covered in completely unrecognizable symbols and passed it over the table. "I don't understand if it's my form or my simple artistic lack. Maybe it would be best if we started at the beginning, any ideas?"

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:58 am

Hearing the sad story of the man gave Koutaishi enough reason to want to help, besides the fact that he would pocket a bit of money. "Well starting from the basics can always be of good." the teen would say as he pulled out his small Book of Seals and released one of them as clean sheets of paper would scatter out onto the table before them both. He made it so all the old and used ones the man had were now on the floor and out of the way.

"So to start, let me get some supplies for you to write with." he would mumble as he reached out into one of his pockets and pulled out some ink and a brush. "Take the brush and without even applying ink I want you to apply light up and down strokes against the paper." he would add, hoping the small exercise would be of use.
SpoilerShow
~Sealing: Paper Summoning
D-Ranked Fuuinjutsu
This is a seal known only to the Genkouyoushi clan members. Through the use of kai, the user is able to summon up to 200 sheets of Hakushiijin at a time. This is taken from the clan forest.
CharactersShow

Das Kirb

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 am

He made gentle strokes up and down the paper. His hand trembled with each stroke, making it look like he was making a wave across the ocean on the paper. "Dammit, hold still."

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm

The turn of events were a bit troublesome for the paper ninja as he just placed his palm against his forehead, taking in a deep breath before looking back down at the man with the paper. Just got to help him out and I can be out and own my own way. he started to think to himself as tried thinking of other ways that he could help the man.

"Well I see that you're wrist trembles when you write. So for starters, now that I can see your style of writing, I want you to make the figure eight up and down as well as side to side so that your hands are getting used to the motions of writing."
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44 pm

OOC: Taking over

The man nodded before placing his brush against paper again and started moving it again. The top of the first figure eight looked smoother than the bottom, but the bottom part was horrendous. It barely even looked like a figure eight in the end. The sideways figure eight looked more like a drawing of hills resting above a source of water than anything. The man groaned as he looked at what he'd produced, "This will never work, I'm doomed."

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 pm

This guy needs to stop getting down on himself. the teen would start to think to himself as he looked down at the writing, grabbing another brush and starting to do the same exact thing, though on a separate sheet of paper.

"You need to keep practicing, don't give up just yet." Koutaishi spoke.
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:53 pm

The man watched as Koutaishi did what he'd failed to do and sighed and he put his brush down. "Easy for you to say, you don't have to overcome this problem. How am I going to get anyhere, especially with this injury?" The man stood up and paced a bit as he mumbled to himself incoherently. A handful of words could be heard as he tried to think of other careers apparently.

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:32 pm

"You can't be down on yourself. Not anything anyone ever does comes easily. When I was younger I could not write to save my life, and now look at me; I can write the most intricate of words and designs without a huge flaw. It only takes practice for you to succeed fully. Just please trust me and try once more, take a deep breath and concentrate on the image in your head before trying to place it out on the paper."

The speech was aimed to boost the confidence of the man and hopefully get Koutaishi over this mission so he could get on to more important things, though that may be unlikely since he needed to work with this man first.
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

"When you were younger? You're still a child now! When you were younger, it made sense you had trouble, we'd be just a baby or a toddler if anything. How can you be expected to write perfectly?" The man sat down and put his head in his hands as he sighed, trying to at least attempt what Koutaishi was saying. At this point he was willing to try anything. He took a moment to steady himself before picking up his brush and holding it to paper.

He visualized what he wanted, which was a straight up and down line. He moved his brush and started well, but near the bottom it visibly wavered a bit as he finished.

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Koutaishi listened to the man and watched as he continued to write, though it was not as perfect as what it should of been. This was not a problem and the teen knew how he was going to keep it going steady as he grabbed another sheet of paper.

"Do not open your eyes, just gently lift your brush and stroke down with it once more in a straight line. Visualize what you want to see and remember that this is your art that you are creating." he would speak as he laid the new sheet of paper out for the man to write on, making sure his eyes would stay closed so no judgement would be passed on the writing. He would do this over and over until the man got the hang of his hand strokes without the judgement of his eyes telling him that its bad.
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 pm

The man did as Koutaishi said and kept his eyes shut while and made continuous strokes up and down. His stroke all started out straight, but near the ends they'd squiggle a bit, only two lines coming out properly so far. He continued to make his strokes as Koutaishi provided more and more paper for him to mark up. The only problem is, how was the man to know if he got better without looking? At this point all he could tell was that he was making lines on paper and he couldn't tell if they were improving or getting worse.

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Koutaishi was watching as the lines were getting progressively better as he ordered the man to stop. With that he grabbed each of the sheets of paper and placed them out from worse to best as he had the man open his eyes before revealing them.

"Now look, this is you when you first started to write, and this is you now? You have gotten better by practicing the lines over and over but I noticed that you make small squiggles at the end which means that you can make your writing have more creativity and beauty." he would speak as he grabbed a brush and wrote a bit of calligraphy, using the swirls to make the words look nicer. "now you try."
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Opening his eyes, he saw the progression of his improvement. He was then given a new task but he looked at the calligraphy. The man swallowed as he looked from what Koutaishi had done to his simple lines. "I don't know, that's a bit of a leap don't ya think? Isn't there something simpler I could try?" The man asked as he looked at Koutaishi's work and tried to figure out how he'd even make the symbol without screwing it up.

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm

"Yes there are simpler ways to do this but calligraphy is a form of art that is done through your own eyes. Never think of anything you do as a failure because if you think that its great then it will always be great." the teen would speak as he grabbed some clean sheets of paper before writing out a few basic symbols, the alphabet. With each symbol he wrote arrows to show the proper ways to write each of them as he looked up to the man once more. "Try practicing and following along the lines of these. Do each letter three times each and move onto the next but you need to remember that whatever work comes from your practice is considered excellent in your own eyes.
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

The man sighed with a nod as he took a clean sheet and looked at what Koutaishi had written. He tried to visualize how he'd move his hand and took a deep breath before letting it out slowly. He picked up his own brush and upon the fresh sheet he started to make the first letter. in his mind he repeated a chant that he was the best, he was the greatest, and tried to focus on making that a reality while writing.

He eventually finished the first three copies of the first letter, then moved on to the next. the first symbol of each new letter looking a little shoddy but improving with the other two. It was still a bit difficult for him and he stopped after getting 7 letters of the alphabet that Koutaishi had written up. "My hand is starting to hurt."

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 pm

"That is fine, it usually hurts after excessive writing but here take a quick break and a sip of hot tea or something. It will relax you and make you feel better for when you start up once more." he stated as he sat there waiting patiently for the man. "Once you are ready, you can start up again and finish. You are doing great and everything looks much better than what it was!"
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:38 am

The man did just that as he reclined for a moment and rubbed his hand. After several moments he took a tea break as well, letting himself relax before he'd have to take up his brush again. After he felt less tense, he turned his attention back to the paper and began writing the letters again. When he finished he sighed and looked over his work before presenting it to Koutaishi, "Is it legible?"

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:50 am

The letters were outstanding, or at least way better than what they were when the teenager first came into this man's house. He was impressed with the work as the man asked him if it was good enough? "Wow, you have improved drastically. I can read your writing now!" he stated with a smile.
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:46 pm

The man blushed a little as he shook his head, "Can't be that much of an improvement, can it? I mean it's still hard to read isn't it? Should I keep practicing?" the man asked still unsure of himself or his improvement. He looked at what he'd produced and saw the letters but still felt self-conscious about them.

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 am

How many compliments was Koutaishi going to have to give this guy? It was like the dude would not stop complaining about his work when it was obviously better than what it already was, but that didn't matter now because reassurance as Koutaishi's thing. "Well it does look great and you should acknowledge that your own work is fantastic. You have definitely improved and it has only been a couple of hours." he would smile.
CharactersShow

Tsedas

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Tsedas » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:42 am

The man was still iffy, not used to praise about anything. But he looked at his work and tried to believe Koutaishi, wondering if there would still be complaints or some such. He looked to the younger person as he put a piece of paper with his improved writing down on the table, "Now what? Do I practice more or what?"

Retired CharactersShow

Jeff

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:16 am

"Yes, practice makes perfect. Without it, getting better at something you wish to do will be a lot harder!" he would continue smiling, hoping the man took his words of wisdom.
CharactersShow

Checkmate

[mission] Chicken's Bane

Post by Checkmate » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:03 pm

((Taking this over, since it just needs a closing post.))

The man nodded his head. "Yes, I suppose so. Thank you, ninja, I will take this to heart." He said, getting back to his practice. The kid had done his work.

"Oh, here's your money. Thank you."

Pass

Return to “Other Countries”