Anika's Training Thread

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Takiwa-Senpai sat down with Anika for their training of the day, while Sora went to go gather food and other resources for the night. This week was focusing on fuuinjutsu, and in an effort to increase her knowledge in sealing, she has to be able to release seals. Currently, she can only release very small, practically minimal damage seals, and that needed to change. Takiwa-Senpai was about to teach her how to remove higher ranked seals.
Takiwa and Anika sat across from each other in a wooded area, like a serene forest. In between the two sat a scroll with a seal on it. It was black, and looked complex to Anika.
”Okay,” began Takiwa, ”Today we are going to learn to remove seals at approximately C-Rank. You’re knowledge of sealing isn’t well…progressed compared to most sealers. You can remove only tiny, minor seals from what you’ve shown me. Well, this is the next step up, and be prepared to unseal it.”
”So what do I have to do?” replied Anika, only slightly aggravated at his comment confirming her lackluster ability in fuuinjutsu.
”Well its rather simple…” replied the man, ”You know how to unseal smaller seals? So try doing the same thing for the bigger ones. I mean, obviously, you’re going to need to meld more chakra to remove it, but all in all, the same principals still apply.”
Anika nodded and placed her hands on the seal, but before she flowed her chakra through it, she paused and drew back her hands. ”This isn’t going to explode or anything if I do it wrong, right?”
Takiwa smiled and stood up. ”Meh, maybe. I’m going to go check on Sora’s progress, and then I’ll be back. If you haven’t unsealed it by then, I’ll be disappointed.” he turned from her, and darted off.
Anika had a look of pure, unbridled, annoyance across her face. ’He would totally pick a seal that would go kaboom on me if I didn’t do it right. Ugh’ she thought. With a groan, she put her hands to the seal and traced the seal. After, she began to flow chakra through the seal as if she normally would have with a lower ranked seal. After the chakra was applied, she added more, as Takiwa said she would have. She could feel her chakra filling up every nook and cranny of the seal, the chakra of the seal beginning to weaken. A determined smile crossed over her face. Abruptly, added more chakra to the seal, and low and behold, it exploded in her face, slightly charring her skin.
A rather annoyed look crept over her face, as it now, began to rain. 'Like I said, he would give me some seal that would explode.' With a groan, Anika tucked her now wet hair behind her ear and returned to the seemingly unphased seal.
Repeating the necessary steps and handseals, Anika traced the outline of the seal, and began to flow chakra through it. This time, it was slow, and steady. She could feel it filling up, it was working. Anika could feel the chakra weakening the given seal, and when she couldn’t add any more chakra to it, she removed her hands to find that the seal had vanished.
”Well…That was easy enough… she said aloud. Anika picked up the scroll, looked underneath it, on it, around it to make sure she didn’t move it or something. Putting the scroll down, Sora and Takiwa appeared through the treeline. Takiwa congratulated her as he rolled the scroll down further to another similar looking seal.
”And now show me your new technique!” spoke Takiwa with a small laugh. Anika sighed, repositioning herself to the scroll again. She traced the new design, and formed her handseals as instructed. Channeling chakra through the seal, she felt it weaken, and weaken, until the illustrious shape had disappeared. Anika looked back to her teacher for approval, to which he smiled, and gave a thumbs up. Beaming, supplies were shoved into Anika’s hands.
”Lunch isn’t going to cook itself!” Takiwa spoke, with a chuckle. Anika’s achievement was short lived, but at least it was another technique mastered.

720/650 Words Required.
Jutsu LearnedShow
*[Remove Sealing: Lesser]
C-Ranked Fuuinjutsu
Requirements: 5 control, *[Remove Sealing: Tiny]
By doing the needed hand seal, the user traces the outline of a C ranked fuuinjutsu. After doing so, the user places their hand over the seal, removing the seal.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 pm

It was quiet and tranquil as Anika sat at on a lake. Large fluffy clouds passed in the sky, covering the sun. occasionally. Kicking her feet back and forth splashing up water, she knew she was just procrastinating on training today. Reaching into her backpack, she pulled out a small blue scroll labeled with the kanji, Suiton on it. Tied with a cute auburn piece of yarn, she pulled one edge of it as the scroll began to open. Within were different instructions on different techniques that required a suiton affinity; she had recently picked it up off another ninja.

Anika perused the weaker ranked techniques, but none really seemed to pop out at her. As the scroll began to open around a foot, the technique she would learn today seemed to hit her in the head like a well-trained marksman: Suiton: Water Vortex Technique. Sounded deadly, sounded risque! Sounded right up her alley. She didn't fight on water often, as fighting on water is a weakness to her steam. Any steam technique could just be dodged by someone dodging underwater. Maybe this technique could punish those users that tried to dodge her super heated steam.

As Anika scrutinized the scroll, she read the technique step by step.The words were small, she was starting to get a headache by just reading the text. According to the scroll, the user focuses her chakra into a body of water, churning it in a spiral motion. However the whirlpool must be created within around 5 meters of the user. Didn't seem too hard right?

Anika stood up, clutching the parchmental instructions for her new technique. The techniques required handseals were sprawled across the side of the description of the technique.Quickly, she memorized the order, and refolded the scroll back to it's natural state. Retying it with the auburn yarn, Anika tucked the small scroll into her bosom. She inhaled and exhaled slowly, calming herself to ready her mind for learning.

Carefully, she performed the handseals, slowly but concise. From within her, she began to gather up a mass of suiton chakra throughout her body. While it was flowing vigorously, she began to slowly leach it into the lake about a meter from her. The lake seemed to resist the chakra a bit, certainly more than if the water was made by herself. Feeling a large pool of chakra within the lake near her, she inhaled and exhaled again. Focusing on the imbued water with her chakra she began to shift and swirl her chakra, rotating it in a counter-clockwise direction. From this point, Anika could not remember clearly which steps came next.

Reopening the scroll, she began to read it's contents even further. The vortex needed to spiral downward so it could trap foes within it, acting on the same principal as an actual whirlpool. Having seen one or two in her life, grasping the concept was easier than most. Quickly retying it, and stowing it away, she formed her handseals again. On the water she had imbued chakra into, it began to swirl again, but this time, Anika added a large downward lurch to it. Within seconds, a large frothy whirlpool spirialed within the lake. It seemed powerful. Holding the handseal, she grew closer to the massive torrent. It was meters deep to the bottom. Snaring a foe within could surely drown them if done properly. Smirking at this thought, she released the handseal, and the spiraling waters slowly came to a stop. Within the minute, the lake top was still again, and nature seemed tranquil.

However, Anika wasn't done yet. Forming different handseals, a steam clone formed, and darted off away from her; about a meter away. She had to see the destructive capabilities of her new technique. right? The clone took position, and gave a thumbs up to Anika. She nodded, and formed the handseals and the chakra at an exponentially faster rate. Within seconds, the water beneath the clone churned into a roaring whirlpool. A moment after being sucked under, a cloud of steam rose to the surface of the water.

"Well, this will be nice in my arsenal," she thought to herself, silently, now walking to the edge of the lake. Training was done for the day. 713/650 words needed.
Jutsu LearnedShow
*Water Vortex
C-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: The intended target must be on top of water
This technique is meant to immobilize and capture a target without dealing any type of fatal blow. After performing the required seals, the user will churn chakra in a body of water. The water will then engulf the target, trapping them in a vortex about two meters in diameter. However, for this technique to be used, the user must be within five meters of the target when the vortex is initially created and must stand within one meter of the vortex after the target is caught. Once the target is inside, the user must hold the last seal and cannot use any other techniques. The technique lasts one post for every two points of stamina the user has. In order to escape, the target must have a strength higher than the user’s control and physically make their way out, or the user must be disrupted. Most shinobi would pass out after two posts due to a lack of oxygen. However, if a target possesses a stamina stat of six or seven, it would require three posts for them to pass out. Should the target possess a stamina stat of eight or nine, it would require five posts for them to pass out, but anything higher would allow them to resist passing out altogether.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Takiwa-Senpai sat down with Anika for their training of the day, while Sora went to go gather needed supplies from in town, and prepare dinner for the night. This week was focusing on creating new jutsu, all on her own; in an effort to mix up her fighting Takiwa thought her learning Taijutsu. However, Anika rarely uses taijutsu, so this will be quite interesting to see how she navigates this new task.

Tonight however, Sora had came back early, and Takiwa was rather exhausted. He had trained himself earlier in the day, and possibly had overdone it. Not wanting to tire himself out anymore than he was, he waved Sora to come over.

"Sora come here I have a task for you" said Takiwa, calling out for his son. Sora set down the set of bags and trudged over.

"Yeah Dad?" responded Sora.

"You are to spar with Anika. She lacks Taijutsu skills for her rank. By the morning, make sure she can execute one taijutsu or nintaijutsu, or it's your butt that will be punished. Not hers. Understood?"

Taken off guard, Sora nodded, and turned to Anika. Takiwa went back in the metal hut, and presumably went to bed. he assumed a fighting stance, and spoke to Anika with a smile. "Shall we begin?

The two sparred for a good hour, with no progress to be found. It seemed regular taijutsu move training wasn't going to work tonight. Sora had suggested she try a nintaijutsu. Modeling off a variant of his own technique, Anika copied it, but with her own twist: Yugiton. After building up chakra in her fist, she would punch, releasing a large cloud of steam along with the concussive force of a punch. Sora noted the cloud of steam bursted at about the strength of an exploding tag. The two lovers highfived, hugged and then kissed. Heading to bed, the two cuddled around the fire, waiting for the morning.
Anika awoke to being thrown about 4 feet straight on the ground. She opened her eyes to find Takiwa over her about to make a punch directly in her face. She jumped back.
”Show me your developed technique!” he barked at her. The two ninja clashed multiple times, until Anika released her new technique right into Takiwa’s lower abdomen. A large burst of steam ensued, and Takiwa went flying back a ways. Once the steam had dissipated, Anika noticed that he had small burns and a hole where the fist had burned into his shirt. Using *mystical palm* he healed himself, and his injuries. Anika felt slightly bad, but after all, he did ask for it.
”Very good. I wasn’t expecting that from you” spoke Takiwa, healing the remainder of his wounds. ”You can have the day off. Sora is waiting in town for you, romantic day or something supposedly. Shouldn’t keep him waiting!”
Anika jumped up, and hugged Takiwa who smiled. She then flicked into town, awaiting her hopefully epic date with her even more epic teammate.

501/400 Words Needed.
Jutsu LearnedShow
+Punish the Scum with Heavenly Mist
D-Ranked Nintaijutsu
This is a technique developed by Anika Jouchaku utilizing her steam bloodline in a taijutsu combat sense. Anika focuses Yugeton chakra into her fist, and upon making contact, or fully extending her arm, an explosion and a cloud of steam is created with the force of 1 exploding tag. The steam is hot enough to cause first degree burns, and dissipates rather quickly after use.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Takiwa-Senpai sat down with Anika for their training of the day, while Sora went to go gather food and other resources for the night. This week was focusing on fuuinjutsu, and in an effort to increase her knowledge in sealing, she has to be able to release seals. However, Anika generally has had to guess at what level the seal is to unseal it. This can lead to wasteful chakra, and not to mention wasted time! Today Takiwa would teach Anika how to determine the complexity of a seal.
He sat Anika across from him in this wooded area, and rolled out a longer scroll with different seals placed on it. All different intricate lines and spaces filled the scroll.
”Okay,” began Takiwa, ”We are going to learn how to, well, delve into seals and figure out there properties, and approximately what rank they are. One of your faults at the moment is not being able to determine complexity of seals. This leads to fatigue and wasteful efforts. The technique I’m going to teach you today allows you to determine just that with chakra.”
”Okay, that seems rather on the simple side…” replied Anika, glancing down at the scroll laden between the two individuals.
”Now!” continued Takiwa, ”To perform *Seal Sight*, you must make this handseal. While making it focus your chakra, then put your hand to the seal. This should be a minute amount of chakra applied to the surroundings of the seal. Too much tampering with some seals can be…catastrophic. How your chakra flows through it will determine how complex it is. The more permeable the seal, the easier it will be to remove. Now try it on this one.” He pointed to the first seal on the page.
Anika nodded, and formed her handseal, and began focusing chakra. She applied her hand to the first seal, flowing chakra through it. It flowed very easily around the border, almost effortlessly. Removing her hand, she glanced back to Takiwa for further instructions.
”That was an E-Rank seal. Almost felt like nothing there? Right. Try the next 5 seals, they rank all the way to some of the strongest seals I can produce.”
Doing as told, Anika formed the handseal, and slowly crept her hand across the remaining seals of the scroll. Her chakra was getting more and more resisted as she continued the scroll, as implied to happen by Takiwa. After scrutinizing the group of seals she returned her eyes to Takiwa, who was standing over her at this point.
”I think I’ve got it.” said Anika, with a determined look on her face.
”Good. Nice work, We will continue tomorrow. Be prepared.” replied Takiwa, walking away from her into the distance.

453/400 Words Required.
Jutsu LearnedShow
*[Seal Sight]
D-Ranked Fuuinjutsu
By doing a single hand seal, the user focuses chakra to a seal that they are touching. After half a post, they are able to tell the complexity of the seal.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Takiwa-Senpai sat down with Anika for their training of the day, while Sora went to go gather food and other resources for the night. This week was focusing on Suiton and Katon ninjutsu, seeing as Anika had never delved into them while amidst her stay at Kirigakure no Sato. Currently, she can only use her steam justsu, and not any of its combinationary elements.
Takiwa led Anika to a nearby lake, of rather large size. Off in the distance, she could see the other end but not with much clarity. It was quite misty out. Takiwa stepped onto the lake and walked to the middle, Anika followed.
”As you know, my primary and only release is Doton, and its super, Koton. We need to get you proficient in Katon, and Suiton what make up your Yugiton. We’re going to begin with Water release, and I am not going to teach you, a friend is.”
Anika tilted her head in confusion, but Takiwa continued. He put his hand to the water and summoned a rather adorable golden retriever looking dog. It stood on top of the water with grace and regalness.
”I’m Inumaru. After talking with Takiwa, we decided seeing I’m a suiton user, I am to teach you how to teach you Suiton ninjutsu.” Inumaru barked and panted in excitement. Takiwa smiled and flickered away as soon as Anika darted him a look.
”Today I’m going to teach you a basic suiton technique or two. Start by drawing suiton chakra deep within yourself using these handseals. Eventually, you’ll build an amount inside able to be spit out in a large ball form. This is called *Dense Cannon*. It’s a low ranked suiton ninjutsu that you should be able to grasp rather quickly. Providing slow, blunt damage, it should be rather useful. Try it.”
Anika was confused as to why a retriever was teaching her water style but hey. Whatever right? She nodded, and started to knead suiton chakra, deep within her gullet. She noted it was heavier, and more dense then when she used Yugiton chakra. When it reached a certain point, she could feel it becoming more and more of a ball form within her. Then it started to rise.
With a great cough-like motion, she expelled the basketball sized glob of water. It flew a little ways almost hitting inumaru, before splashing hard into the pondwater. Anika rubbed the remaining water, which at that point looked like drool from her mouth. Nodding, she gave Inumaru the cue to proceed.
”You know Anika, this could be good for the day…” Inumaru replied, taking a few steps forward and turning away sheepishly. Anika presumed he was bored or something and just wanted to be done, but this was not about to stop her at all.
”Teach me more, Inumaru. I grasped this technique rather easily, and I haven’t used like any chakra today. Getting a headstart on suiton would make learning katon that much easier. I figure you would be able to understand, right?”
Inumaru put his head down and sighed in a dog-like manner. ”I guess…” spoke Inumaru in a rather depressed fashion. Anika didn’t know what the fuss was all about anyway. She’s a fast learner.
”Hmm…what to teach you, what to teach you?” he began, speaking to himself. The next thirty seconds or so was full of random thought, and words spoken like ”well that coul—nah that’s elementary. She coul—no. And that one’s gonna be difficult. Finally, he came up to a decisive decision. He made a handseal and water appeared in his hands. Slapping it on Anika’s face, she was appalled from the contact, and well that a layer of water covered her eyes. But somehow the water acted as a binoculars of sorts, allowing her to see clear across the lake. Stunned by this new jutsu and disorientation of her eyes, she clawed at the water layer, tearing it off her eyes.
Shaking her head free from the excess water, she turned to gaze back at the dog. It was panting and had a grin on its face. Anika sighed.
”That is the *Vision Modifier* technique. By forming suiton chakra in your hands after forming the proper seals, you can apply the layer to your eyes…or realistically anyone’s eyes! Think of them as binoculars. And the stronger your chakra control of it is, the farther out you can see!”
Anika thought about it and realized that actually could be quite useful. She nodded, and formed the handseals as Inumaru was. Kneading the chakra in the palms of her hands, a small layer of water appeared.
”Flow a little more chakra into it, and stick it on your eyes.” Inumaru instructed. Anika did as she was told and increased the amount of chakra in the film. Then she looked to Inumaru, who nodded, signaling to put it on her eyes. She nodded back, ducked her head down, and put it on her eyes. Bringing her head back up she could see Sora and Takiwa gathering supplies across the lake.
”Cool…so very cool…”she said under her breath, viewing sights she hadn’t seen yet.

858/800 Words Required.

[/b]
Jutsu LearnedShow
*Dense Cannon
D-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
Replacing speed for power, this technique creates a dense ball of water meant to cause heavy blunt damage. Once the seals are formed for this technique, the user will create a ball of water from within their body and will expel it through their mouth. The ball sits at about two feet in diameter. It will travel at a speed of three, up to five meters, but strikes with a force of four.

*Vision Modifier
D-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
Meant as a supplementary technique, the user will use water as a medium to enhance their vision. After performing the needed seals, the user will create a circular shape with their hand. They will then generate chakra to create a film of water that expands in the void created by their hands and will increase the distance one can see comfortably, depending on the user’s control stat. The user is also able to use this as a magnifying lens, in the sense that they are able to adjust the distance to meet their wanted field of vision. This technique lasts for three posts before dissipating.
  • Control Stat – 1 to 2 – Able to see distances up to thirty feet as if they were at twenty feet.
  • Control Stat – 3 to 4 – Able to see distances up to one hundred feet as if they were at twenty feet.
  • Control Stat – 5 to 6 – Able to see distances up to two hundred feet as if they were at twenty feet.
  • Control Stat – 7+ – Able to see distances up to five hundred feet as if they were at twenty feet.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

It was a quaint, cloudy morning over the forest they were camping in. They all woke up and were out of the hut, toasting freshly caught fish over the fire. The aroma was pleasant and the mood calm. A breeze blew through their hair. Today, Anika would start sensory training.

”Anika, I’m unsure, but I’m going to start you on a new project…” said Takiwa-Senpai, finishing off his last fish, ”Sensory Training.”

”Honestly Senpai, I never really thought of myself much as a sensor…” responded Anika in a slightly worried tone. ”Shouldn’t I be more worried about barrier style? We’ve barely delved into the surface of that.”

”In combat, sensory provides to be quite useful. If for some reason someone is blinded, deafened, etc., they can still always have a grasp on where their opponent is. Eventually when you get skilled enough, you’ll be able to sense far enough away to detect stealth opponents, or sneak up on some. Either way, it is a coveted skill to possess and I think I should pass it on to you—That being if you can learn it.

Some people cannot learn sensory, similar to those who just can’t grasp genjutsu for instance. As hard as they try, genjutsu just does not come naturally. Sensory is the same way, however, it has a much higher rejection rate. Are you willing to give it a shot?”

”I guess…” spoke Anika quite apprehensively. ”Should I like be feeling you right now or something? Because if that’s the case, I don’t…”

Sora, who was in the middle of taking a bite laughed quite hard, spitting out bits of fish across the campfire. Anika was slightly disgusted. Takiwa-Senpai had a smile on his face as well. ”No, Anika. It’ll come in time. Come follow me. Sora clean up, and start taking down camp. We’re moving tonight. We’ve already stayed in this location too long.”
Sora groaned loudly in distain. Takiwa-senpai got up, and motioned for Anika to follow him. He walked her out of the campsite and into a dense patch of forestry. Anika fought through the brush, following Takiwa. Eventually, he led her to a clearing in the woods with a large stone pillar in the middle. Takiwa paused, and turned towards her. He reached into his cloak and pulled out a smaller green scroll.

Upon opening the scroll, Anika noted that there were many intricate markings on it. He bit his thumbs, spreading blood on his palms. Suddenly, he slammed his hands to the ground, yelling, ”Summoning!”

Immediately, a bronze-colored urn of an intricate design appeared over the scroll. It was quite large, standing at around 6’5” or higher. Takiwa-Senpai appeared from the other side of the urn.

”To start…” Takiwa began, ”You’ll place your hands on the urn. This urn is specifically made to train people like you into sensory ninja. The urn has been specifically made to let non-sensory ninja feel what It’d be like to feel another person’s chakral force upon your body. Feel as though, your allowing the chakra to flow within you. It might feel a little weird at first, or you might not feel anything at all—That’s bad. Try it!”

Anika nodded and approached the urn. Taking a deep breath, she affixed her hands to the side of the urn. Immediately, she felt a rush of energy, vibrant with life. Her hair frayed out in all directions as if she was being blown on by a very strong wind. Everything felt fuzzy, and eventually she needed to take a step back. The feeling was quite interesting.
A few seconds after she had stepped back, she felt a rush of pain to her head which made her collapse on the ground. A few tears were shed and Takiwa rushed to her side. He helped her up as the pain slowly subsided.

”I forgot to mention the rush haha…” chuckled Takiwa-Senpai nervously, ”Normally people get a rush of pain to their head after this sort of training due to the overload of your sensory nerves activating. At least we know you’re compatible as a sensor.

Now, we’re going to do it again, though I’m going to increase the amount of chakra your body gets dosed with. The theory behind Takimitsu’s Urn, is that by exposing a ninja to a high level of chakra, his or her sensory nerves get put on overload. This trains them to be highly receptive towards chakra and sensing it. Eventually, they will be so sensitized you won’t need to be close to someone to be able to feel their chakra. This is going to be highly painful, but it should pay off in the end, alright?”

”It hurts so bad…” replied Anika breaking eye contact with Takiwa in shame, ”But if it’s going to help me further being a ninja, I guess I should. Let’s get it over with…Wait, how many times will I have to do this?”

”All day…” Takiwa replied. Anika let out a sigh of anxiety, but put her hands on the urn.

For hours, Anika was exposed to these high levels of chakra, which repeatedly ended with her on the ground, writhing in pain. Takiwa would help her up, and expose her to more and more until eventually she collapsed, passing out at the base of the urn, her brain feeling like mush. It was near dusk anyway. He picked her up, and quickly sprinted back to the campsite. Sora was quite mad that her father used that method of training her for sensory. It once killed someone by practically turning their brain into mush.
Anika would fade in and out of consciousness for a few seconds at a time. She overheard small bits and pieces of Takiwa and Sora arguing while traveling to their next campsite. Sora carried her along the way. Eventually, she was out cold for two days. She awoke to raindrops hitting her face and Sora still holding her. It was a stormy day out, and the father-son duo were dashing from tree-branch to tree branch in the Land of Grass, making it close to the boarder of the Land of Rain.

”You awake sleeping beauty?” spoke Sora with a grin, excited to see her wake up.

”What, ugh…Happened?”responded Anika holding her forehead. It was still slightly in pain, but nothing as serious at the rushes of pain she’d get from the urn.

”Pops fried your brains!” said Sora with a comedic tone. Takumi-senpai was offended, scoffed, but turned his head forward leading the way. He threw a small pink pill at his son to give to Anika.

”Take it…” began Takumi, ”It’s the next step to your sensory training. The pill will help get rid of the excess overload still occurring in your sensory nerves. Eventually, it would calm down on its own, but this pill was crafted in an emergency situation to prevent death to overexposure to the urn’s chakra… One more and you should be calmed down to the point of where we can begin the final steps.”

”One more?” replied a confused Anika, but was eventually shrugging off her coma. ”How many have I had that I don’t know about?!”

”I’ve administered you 17 pills, this will have been the 18th.” responded Sora. ”Like I said, Dad fried your brains.”

”I am sorry Anika.” added Takumi, ”I nearly killed you by overexerting you at the urn. You’ve been in a coma for a few days and we’ve been giving you these pills to speed up your recovery. Without them, you probably wouldn’t have been able to recover from the damage. We’ve calculated you’ll only need one more and everything will be healed. I’m terribly sorry.”

”It’s alright, I guess,” responded Anika, taking her last pink pill. The pills drowsy side effect kicked in almost immediately, knocking her out for a few more hours. By this time, the party had arrived in the Land of Rain, where they made camp under a vicious downpour. Anika awoke into being in a snuggly warm hut made of rock. Sora was crashed out, while Takiwa was awake preparing a seal near the fire.

Anika’s pain was completely gone and her nerves apparently healed. But she felt slightly different after all the events. Near her she could feel two presences, similar to the chakral sensation she was succumb to by the urn, however, it was much less violent and harsh. She couldn’t explain it. It just felt like someone was around her akin to how a psychic medium senses the presence of a ghost. She could just feel chakra now, but couldn’t pinpoint where it was located.

”You are feeling mine, and Sora’s Chakra Signatures.” spoke Takiwa succinctly.

”I feel like there’s someone there, but I just can’t…I don’t know.” said Anika frustrated.

”From here forth is the easy part,” began Takiwa, ”Make the handseal and focus. Visualize the chakra, feel the different signatures between Sora and I. Coming closer to us would help too. The closer you are, the easier it will be to pinpoint our chakra signatures.”

Anika nodded and stepped a few paces closer. Immediately, it was as if someone had put glasses on her sensory abilities. About 5 yards in front of her she could clearly sense Takiwa, and a couple of feet further, Sora. Anika had an expression of deep love for this new ability, though, it seemed to only work precisely when she was close to the people she was sensing. A look of determination grew across her face.

”Hey senpai…” she began, ”I’m ready for round two.”

1597/1000 words required.
SpoilerShow
*[Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Ninjutsu/Control/Wit stats of 5
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 25 yards. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of 10 feet. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area. There is no set range, but generally, with greater Ninjutsu and Control abilities, a ninja can see further and further out. The maximum range for this technique is 30 yards for those with average required stats of higher than 6.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Anika sat down in the midst of her makeshift campsite. It was a sunny day, with not a cloud in the sky. Today, she was camping alone, on a side of a cliff. The side of the cliff had a long way to the edge, around 60 feet or so from the earthen wall itself. Even the wind was calm. It was going to be a good day. Observing her campsite, she noted a great deal of kindling remained unburnt. At this thought, it never occurred to her that she never really dabbled in katon. Maybe today was the day!

She scooted closer to the edge of the makeshift campfire. Okay, so katon. It was essentially half of her Yugeton chakra, but amplified. She knew how to knead suiton chakra, so the other ingredient to her steam, in theory, could be produced by forming that other kind of chakra. Knowing the tiger seal is usually performed with katon ninjutsu, she began with that, and closed her eyes.

In the back of her throat, she felt a slight tingling. It was heating up. However, it was a lot more of a dry heat than her Yugeton. It was kind of ticklish. The sensation began to creep up the back of her throat into her nostrils. Almost instantaneously, she sneezed, expelling a large flare of fire from her nostrils. Wincing in pain, she assessed the damage of her nostrils with the pads of her fingers. A minor first degree burn. Well, at least she knew she could do it!

Quicker, she inhaled forming a couple handseals, ending in tiger. The katon chakra filled her mouth too fast, ending in a laborious cough of flames. Trying again, she kneaded it slower, more precise and breathed out slowly. a steady stream of small flames spewed from her orifice. She did it! But looking like a dragon wasn’t going to aid in combat. Putting her hand to her mouth, she hoped this would guide it into a fireball format.

Anika breathed in, and kneaded katon chakra fast, putting her hand to her mouth. Spewing the chakra out, it produced a small, slower moving fireball-esque projectile from her mouth. Success! Forming the handseals once more, she kneaded her katon chakra in her throat, and put her hand to her mouth. Blowing out quickly, she sent a small fireball shooting into the kidling, which it responded with a roaring flame.

Words 403/400 needed.
Jutsu LearnedShow
*[Fire Element • Mini Fireball Technique]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the needed hand seals, the user draws in a deep breath before emitting it in the form of a fireball. This fireball is shot at a speed of four. This fireball can only travel in a straight line. If the target is hit by it, the ball of flame causes a first-degree burn to be inflicted. The fireball must be shot within the same post the hand seals are done in.
NinjaShow

Oak

Anika's Training Thread

Post by Oak » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 pm

A soft breeze blew across the ocean; Anika sat in the middle, meditating. She listened intenly to the soft sounds of the water's waves brush up and fall against themselves. It was quite peaceful, calm, and away from civilization. Not a human in sight for a few miles, at least until you the pier with all it's docks and boats. Shadows eclipsed the water for a few seconds at a time, as the gulls and pelicans flew over her head. The sunbeams radiated from the sky, pouring onto her face and body as she concentrated her technique.

For an hour or so now, Anika had not moved a muscle. She was sitting cross legged, focusing intently on her posterior, keeping the layer of chakra on it so it wouldn't go through the water; similar to the act of surface walking. Little by little, she slowed the amount of chakra into the technique, trying to increase the bare minimum of chakra needed to supply the technique. The moment she could feel her butt hitting water, she knew the amount was too thin, and she needed to increase the amount.

Thus began her meditations in chakra control.

Another hour or so passed, as she sat upon the ocean, being swept back and forth by it's currents. A couple of times, a larger wave or so would buffet her, causing her to lose concentration; with a large splash, she'd fall into the water. Clearly annoyed, she'd swim back to the bright surface above, and perch herself back on to the surface of the water. Finally, once she thought all was calm, another current of water pushed her over, but not into the water. It wasn't a wave, for she would have fell in. What could it have been?

Anika opened her eyes, red and bloodshot from the salt in the salt water. Low and behold, a rather large ship was passing about 75 feet from her position. With her scrutiny and sensory, she could pick up on 5 chakra signatures in the boat. True, she was off in ocean waters not dominated by any sort of Major Country, and the fact it was coming from the pier she came from; it still was best to hide until the ship passed. Naturally, women don't float on water. Instantly, she cancelled her technique causing her to fall through the surface of the water.

While underneath the water, she formed the needed handseals, causing water to film over her eyes. This water was her own created water, and being fresh water, it hardly stung at all. It enhanced her view of the ocean, allowing her to see far away details, at a close up distance. She noted that this technique too used about the same chakra as her surface walking.

The ocean was a beautiful blue, filled with bountiful aqueous life. Everything seemed so peaceful compared to her worrysome life. 'Man, why couldn't I have been born as a fish?' As soon as she finished that thought, a big fish came about and ate the little fish she was watching. 'I guess it is no different then the real world...' Anika began to run out of breath, so she swam back to the surface.

With her head poking out from the top of the water, Anika treaded water for a few seconds, determining if the coast was clear. After a quick scan and noting that boat off now in the horizon, she quickly picked herself up, now standing on the ocean itself. Looking off to her horizon, she noted the sun setting; she had been out on the sea for hours. Perhaps it was time to call it a day. At a brisk, even pace, the kunoichi dashed back to the shore line. By the time she had gotten there, most of the sailors and their crews had already headed in for the night. It was quite quiet, just the way she liked it. She hopped back onto shore, and began heading back to her inn.
The next few days proved to be the same in training, working on specifically her control over her chakra.
NinjaShow

Return to “Other Countries”