Kumo Genin

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Arsenal grew fond of the mini training grounds at the base of Kumo mountains. It was a semicircle terrain, the arc a lake and the diameter the mountain's base. There, it was always cool with all the shade clouds provided overhead. Soothing winds always managed to brush against the mountain base. There was even a nice little river running down the mountain making a weak water fall into the lake. The sound of the wind and water together made the area so relaxing. The teen just wished he could live there. A few days ago Arsenal meet his Teisatsu Butai comrades at the beach. It was his first experience in the grounds and he loved it. Since then he couldn't think of anything but the land there.

I have to name this place, he thought while laying upon one of the mountain ledges by the waterfall. He closed his eyes and thought about the other genin in the cell. I wonder if he has anything against me? Pfft.

Arsenal's ledge was six feet up. He either watched the clouds or dozed off right beside the river. Kyoya was his only genin peer on the team and he wanted to be friends with him. Though, he couldn't just come out and say that. It would have been awkward. So he found out where he lived from Testosterone-sensei and sent a mailed invitation to gather at the little beach. The genin tried not to think about it anymore than that. Inviting someone to an abandoned location was definitely a topic starter. Arsenal did have bad luck with the ladies, what if others thought . . . After a sigh, he remembered not to think about it.

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Kyoya would be at the training grounds holding the letter in his right hand as he said, "Am I early or something? where is the rest of the cell?" Kyoya would cover his face with his left hand as he said, "I hate being early to anything, it makes me look like I'm superior to people." He would remove his hand from his face and thought to himself I hate mistakenly being superior to anyone else. I just want to be free and do what I have to. Which is why I have to tolerate that Arsenal guy. Besides I don't know if I can make any friends in this cell I'm in. During his thoughts, Kyoya's Eyes would be closed and looked like he was happy, he then opened his eyes and said, "What the hell am I thinking. Get your head together Kyoya." He would look at the letter and would proceed to look around the training grounds to find the other members of his cell.

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Arsenal's torso rose so that he sat on the ledge. He heard Kyoya's voice, was he talking to himself? . . . Weird. The genin just hoped he wasn't the type to talk and answer to himself. His mother told him stories of people like that. Though, at times he felt that way about his mother . . .

"Yo," Arsenal said, waving the genin to come. "Over here."

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Kyoya would start walking over to Arsenal and would ask as he came to him, "Where's the rest of the cell? Am I really early or something like that?"" Kyoya would show the letter as he was talking since he thought that one of the chunnin sent him the letter. Kyoya never really learned who sent the letter in the first place, he only assumed that it was from the chunnin of the cell.

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Here was the awkwardness . . . "They aren't coming," uttered Arsenal. "I wrote the letter and since we are the only genin on the team I thought we hang out for a bit. Maybe you can show me some of your kenjutsu and likewise I'll showoff my epic marksmanship!"

Arsenal then leaped down from the ledge. "But yeah, what do you think about the cell thus far?"

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Kyoya would crush the letter in his right hand and would answer Arsenal's question, "How am I supposed to know? I've only meet them once and was never told anything. So I'm as lost as you are." Kyoya would have his left hand on the butt of his sword as he said, "Trust me, I have a feeling you won't even be able to full examine my kenjutsu."

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Arsenal raised a brow from shock as Kyoya crushed the letter. Was the genin mad? A normal person would would of at least folded it up all nice and neat, put in there pocket, and got rid of it letter. Dude just crushed it letter in front of him. It was rude and it annoyed Arsenal.

"Are you trying to say none of them left a single impression on you?" he asked, it was hard to believe that was the case. "Full examine your kenjutsu? . . . I guess you're right, I don't care much for it. It's not, my style." Arsenal stared at Kyoya. Was he trying to start a fight?

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Kyoya chuckled as he responded to Arsenal, "Yeah they left 1 impression on me, they're better to be around than you punk." Kyoya would grab his sword and hold it behind his neck with his arms around it and would say, "Now if there isn't anything else you want then to waste my time then say it now, or else I'll leave." Kyoya would have a serious look on his face and in his eyes showing that if Arsenal didn't have anything worthwhile for him to do there, he'd leave the genin where he stood.

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:36 pm

(OOC: Whoa, sorry for having you wait five days for my post. I promise to reply faster.)

Arsenal released a sigh. Becoming friends with his cat was not going to easy. The genin actually had doubts on whether he really needed to befriend this kid? Since they first met all he did was bash him. But in the end, they were comrades. It was for the best and Arsenal had to just make sure he kept that in mind. Comrade, Comrade, Comrade!

"How about you and me go to the academy and show the students some of our skills?" He suggested. "My dad is an academy sensei. We can crash his class and give the students a combat demonstration. My old man wouldn't care. He's cool like Testosterone-Sensei."

The boy was sure Kyoya didn't have anything else to do. So why not accept? Plus he acted like he wanted a fight, a perfect opportunity to spar with the kid. Arsenal didn't like fighting but his father would be there. He could show his growth and development.

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Kyoya would shiver when he heard Arsenal say academy, since he hasn't been there since the day he got his scar, Kyoya would hold his sword at his side with his right hand and turn around to face Arsenal with his left hand over his scar as he said, "Fine, I'll be uncomfortable, but I'll go just to help any students that want to follow the same path as me."

Kyoya would think to himself, I should give this guy a shot, besides I have to trust him on missions. But I don't know why I just can't stand him for some reason.

Kyoya would ask Arsenal, "Why are you so eager to show people your skills?"

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Arsenal knew Kyoya would agree to his proposal, but he was still shocked for some reason. Arsenal couldn't explain why either. Kyoya was just a questionable one.

"Uncomfortable?" Arsenal reiterated. He noticed Kyoya's behavior. Hell, he seemed uncomfortable now. The genin assumed Kyoya wasn't the one to show any other expression besides 'macho, macho!' and 'I'll bite the annoying one to death.' When Arsenal noticed him placing a hand over his scar the young Fuuma was speechless, and that was a big deal for the genin. He never zipped his lips. He didn't know whether to ask about the scar or not.

Then he smiled.

"Why am I so eager to show people my skills?" He repeated again. Arsenal was prepared to make up a loud shounen style, resolve proclamation. Kyoya asked a good question but the truth would have been, embarrassing. Arsenal didn't like to open up to people but, he went through all this effort to hang out with his teammate and he wasn't about to feed into his act anymore . . . well, anymore today. Arsenal turned his back to Kyoya, he held was held down. As he began to speak he played in the sand with his foot. "Umm, well, you see, my dad . . . he wanted to be the Raikage since he was, well my age. He was never good enough to surpass chuunin and gave up on that dream. He tells me all the time that I have the potential to be the next Raikage, but, that was his dream. I don't want to take that from him. He maybe getting old but I believe he can do it, I believe he can become Raikage. Though, I have to admit. Being recognized as strong as a Kage would be nice. But even stronger is better. Since I also believe I have the potential, I want to challenge the Raikage. And to do that, I have to be strong. I don't really like showing off, but I do like people recognizing my strength. Since the latter only comes from the former, I have to show off. I have to be eager. That's the only way for others to see me as superior to Kage. As Banin material."

Arsenal glanced back to Kyoya.

"I ask people to call me Arsenal because it's cool and sounds tough, but I think I'd prefer you to call me Deme since you can now see past my 'Arsenal' persona." He turned around and extened his hand for a shake. "How about you? Got any embarrassing secrets?"

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 pm

Kyoya would smile when he heard that Deme didn't like showing off, he then said, "I never thought we'd have something in common." Kyoya would feel feel like he was getting to know the real Deme, sort of, he would answer his question, "Well I don't have anything I'm embarrassed about, but the way I got my scar can be considered embarrassing by some people I guess." Kyoya would pause as he looked back on that day, he would then say, "I'll tell you about it when we're at the academy Deme." He turned around and thought to himself, You'll know especially if your father knows how I got my scar.

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:31 pm

And with that, they were on there way. Arsenal climbed up the mountain that lead them to the sandy training grounds, all while pondering how Kyoya attained his scar. Why Kyoya choose to wait until reaching the academy to tell Arsenal about the scar? Who knew? The genin simply assumed he had his reasons.
* * * "Alright class," said the instructor. "I want everyone to line up. We'll be practicing our clone jutsu again to--Dememaru?"

The student's sensei was interrupted as Arsenal entered. His appearance also stopped the childrens whining at the assigned activity.

"Yo, pops!" Greeted Arsenal.

"W-why are you here?" He asked. "Don't tell me you were demoted? Not with all your potential."

"W-what? No! I stopped by to assist you and the Acades." Answered Arsenal. "This is one of my cell mates, Kyoya."

"This the one that bullied you yesterday?"

There was an awkward moment of silence. All eyes were on the three at the front of the class; Arsenal, his father, and Kyoya. The academy students then began to laugh out loud, mainly at Arsenal.

"Erruhh, what? No!" He glanced back at Kyoya, giving him a looked that seemed to imply Arsenal didn't know what his father was talking about. He then turned back to his father and gave him a dirty look. Next his eyes landed on the AS's. "So, um, yeah, clone jutsu, huh?" He began steady handsigns until finish and calling out the jutsu name. Afterwards, three weightless clones appeared before him after a poof of smoke.

"No one cares about clones!" Said a random child. "We practiced that yesterday! Boring~!"

"Yeah, we wanna see something cool!" Said another. "Dimimaro-sensei wont show us anything! Lame~!"

"Yeah," "Right," "Mmmhhm," Chanted the students altogether evenly.

"Well," began Dimimaro-sensei. "You two are youthful genin, show them something to look forward too upon graduation next year."

Arsenal smiled. He was still a little embarrassed from what his father said and the students laughing at him, but now that he got the approval to show what he could do, he planed to go to town.

"The liberty is all yours, Kyoya." Said Arsenal and the clones, letting Kyoya go first. They began to walk around each other switching places with one another. "You can tell me about your scar after class, we don't want to bore these kids, do we? They obviously want to see some action. Spar? Daddiyo here will monitor, right pops?" Arsenal and his copies stated together.

Arsenal's father raised a brow as his son mentioned Kyoya's scar. Did he know about? It took him a moment to answer his son. It was like someone grabbed a remote and pressed paused on him.

"Hmm? . . . Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah, I'll observe. Make sure you guys don't go berserk and scare my students."

"Fight, fight, fight!" Continued to chant the children.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Clone Technique]
E-Ranked Bushinjutsu
After completing a set of handseals, the user forms a slight chakra 'body', thus creating a single, massless clone. The clone created from this technique is very basic and will dissipate when hit with anything. These clones do not possess vital signs or a unique chakra signature, meaning they don't disrupt the environment, and anything on their person is superficial. The clone has 1 in each stat. They are limited to basic movements.

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 am

Kyoya would be annoyed by all of the students nagging and would say, "If you're this way with your sensei, you'll be a liability on a cell. Just do what your sensei tells you here and work on the cool stuff outside of class like I did." Kyoya would then smile to the students afterwards. When Deme suggested a battle, Kyoya asked Dimimaro, "Can I have a boken with a sheath please Dimimaro-sensei? I don't want a repeat of the last time I had a mock battle here." Kyoya would stretch as he was waiting for a boken when he asked Deme, "You going to use your weapons on me or are you going to use some replacement weaponry like me?"

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:20 am

Arsenal's father nodded. "Yeah, I heard about that mishap between you and Yasu. I wasn't quite sure if it was you, but the scar says it all."

Arsenal's eyes rolled from Kyoya to his old man. It appeared as if he did know about his scar. And from what the genin gathered, it obviously came from a spar.

He dispersed his clones.

"Yeah, bring me a tool pouch and holster filled with those wooden tools."

Dimimaro went from the front of the class to the back. There he went into a closet filled with weapons. Arsenal remembered sneaking back there and taking some of the tools. This was the same classroom he had and earned his nickname. The chuunin then left the room and walked over to the genin tossing them their items.

"Heh, thanks," Arsenal caught the two items and strapped them to his person after removing his metal ones.

"Now," said Arsenal, he made the seal of confrontation. "Let's try this again." He began to observe his surroundings. There was about 15 feet between them. About a yard to the left of them was Arsenal's father, his desk, the board, ect. Two yards to their right was the class.

He started things off simple, he took out a wooden shuriken and kunai. The boy then cast the shuriken then entered a defensive stance with the kunai.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Sighting
D-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Wit 4
After many hours of training with ranged weaponry, the user is much better able to estimate distances and track moving targets in hectic situations. Such assessments become completely instinctive, allowing the user to change targets seemlessly without losing time between attacks. This technique forms the basis for many of the other techniques in this style.

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Kyoya would catch the boken and would say to the students, "Watch what you can become if you work on the cool things outside of class." Kyoya would notice that Deme would take his time to analyze his surroundings, during that time Kyoya would try to move in, he would draw his boken upward to get the shuriken out of his way and would quickly draw the boken and would redraw the his boken to hit the side of Deme's ribs, but he would move the sheath as soon as the boken was unsheathed so he could block whatever attack Deme was going to try to make next.
Jutsus usedShow

*Iaido • Clash Draw
D-Rank Kenjutsu
Prerequisite: 4 Speed
In this technique, the user assumes a firm stance and then draws their weapon in an upward arc. This sort of draw makes it easy to bat away projectiles moving at a Speed and Strength equal to or lower than the user's Speed and Strength. This also enables the user to cut through advancing techniques or to clash with an opponent's weapon. This movement, however, may leave the user without the ability to sheath his weapon for some time, limiting the effectiveness of their techniques until they can.

*Iaido • Sheath Draw
D-Rank Kenjutsu
Prerequisite: 4 Speed
As the style favors sheathed swords, the user will pull both the sheath and sword free, using the sheath for defensive purposes as well as granting a greater range of attack than normal 'at the waist' draws. When used properly, this can allow a user to perform a quick switch from a sheath block to an attack. The user must be careful, however, as with a damaged or missing sheath, the proficiency of many of their attacks will decrease.

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Arsenal said nothing to the students, he just wanted them to watch and see what actual shinobi could do. He believed nothing he could say would be as powerful as their demonstration. When Kyoya gave his advise to the children, Arsenal simply nodded. After Kyoya deflected his tools, and moved in for an attack Arsenal was force to navigate his kunai in front of the sword. He was shocked with the adversaries swiftness, perhaps Nui was rubbing off on him?

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Kyoya saw a way to counter attack Deme with the sheath, but he didn't counter attack Deme because it's his nature to hold back against people. Kyoya would move his blade back and would back off to his starting position as he sheathed his blade, he thought to himself, I think he knows that his projectiles are useless as long as I go back to this position. But it looks like he's not that bad at close danger, only with defense. An offensive approach might benefit me here. Kyoya smiled and took his stance and said to Deme "This all you got? I guess you are only good at long range if defense can be all you got when someone gets close." Kyoya said that to try and taunt Deme to attack him with more of his weapons, and if he did use his weapons Kyoya would start moving in a zig zag pattern to try to make it difficult for Deme to hit him, and when Kyoya got in range he would unsheath his sword and would try to hit him twice, once on the shoulder and once on his elbow. Kyoya would then back off after his attack is finished.

Demenyx

Kumo Genin

Post by Demenyx » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:30 pm

The student's eye's widen as Kyoya backed off and leaped back, gathering more ground. Arsenal's did too, he expected an offensive reaction from Kyoya. The boy figured he must have specialized in hit and run tactics, or was holding back for some unknown reason. Either way he didn't care. He already had a plan and was sticking to it. Keep ground and spam this tools even if it appeared useless. After assessing his foe's speed, he knew he couldn't keep up with him. The kid was as swift as his father and perhaps even Nui. Dodging was too far fetch an idea, so, blocking was the next best option for defense.

Arsenal nodded as the game plan was set. He took out three more shuriken, loosing them towards the zigzagging man. Once he would reach Arsenal, the boy would move his kunai to intercept the strike to the shoulder.

He winced, his elbow was struck and it burned. The boy kept his ground though. Arsenal went into his tool pouch and cast a smoke ball at the ground to immediately engulf him and the area around him. He then ran out of the smoke to the wall behind him until he stood on the ceiling with chakra.

MasterZero76

Kumo Genin

Post by MasterZero76 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Kyoya would just stand in the smoke surprised, he would the just start walking towards where he remembered the desks to be and he would hide behind the first row of desks. Kyoya would then think to himself, I bet he's thinking I'd try something while there's smoke out. I'll just wait for him to lower his guard so I can get him. Kyoya then sighed and said to himself, "Man but I don't want to win this." Kyoya would wait with his free hand on the hilt of his boken.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”