Deep Fried or Grilled?

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Click....Click....

The back's of Anika's shoes clicked against the fallen leaves and natural flora of the forest, most of which, was burnt. As the steam began to clear, around twenty or so ninja corpses lay about her feet. They all had consistent heavy burns scattered across their body. She crouched down to view one's face clearer. Removing the small cloth bandanna, he seemed to only be around 14 or 15. In dismay, she turned her head and covered the boy's face with his bandanna. Anika rose from her kneeled position and looked at her wreckage once more. She shrugged; that's what happens when you try to collect too big of a bounty with unskilled ninja.

With a labored sigh, the next task at hand would be to dispose of the bodies. Best way would be to burn them right? Glancing down, Anika noted one rather large ninja. That's going to be a lot of lifting. Looking to the horizon, she realized a dark black sky coming in: a storm. Last thing she wanted to do was to be frying bodies as it's lightning and thundering. She lifted a body on top of the big guy, beginning to form a pile of corpses.

Before Anika fully continued disposing of her wastes, she stopped. Someone was there. She could sense them right at the range of her sensory abilities. Fixed at the point between the trees, an intense glare was directed by her to the chakra signature. Was it another bounty hunter? Quickly, she jumped into a nearby tree, perched in it's cover while she waited for this presence to cross by. Depending on who it was, she may have to kill them too; not good going around killing twenty ninja in one foul swoop and letting that get out.

Quietly, she waited.
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Gai was completely unaware of the powerful shinobi around the area until he noticed an absurdly large amount of shinobi in front of him. He was simply walking towards wherever he felt, but this... This was something different, for a change. At this point he'd experienced his fair share of deaths and even kills, but this was a massacre. As he neared the puzzling amount of dead bodies, he took in his surroundings.

It was evident that a battle hadn't happened to long ago, and he didn't question the possibility of the killer being around. Still, he was curious and confident in his abilities, so he took a few steps forward before leaning down into a crouching position and observing the carcass in front of him without so much as touching him. It was a sharp contrast: the young boy in front of him had sharp features that were abnormal; he had an abnormal nose, hamburger-like lips, and extremely long eyelashes, all of which were further degenerated by the damage from the steam. Gai, on the other hand, was... Beautiful. He didn't care about that nor was he aware of the difference between himself and the dead body in front of him, other than the fact that he was, well, dead.

He continued on and looked at each dead body, one by one, as he returned to the thoughts he had when he was in the snow village with that one girl who so commonly spoke of "two idiots". It was intriguing how such unique lives and situations, lives with voices and opinions, could be ended just like that. How their minds would cease to exist somewhere between life and death, and how they were nothing when he died. Intriguing.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Perched in the tree canopy, Anika viewed aerially the chakra signature grow closer and stronger. Soon enough, a boy appeared into the clearing. A teenager of sorts. Shifting her weight forward, she scrutinized him even closer. On his arm hailed a slashed leaf headband. So he was a ninja, but was he after her? Highly doubtful. He was young, and was observing; nothing really stood out that he really knew anyone.

Next phase: does he need to be eliminated? Quite possibly. Reading his body language however, he seemed to not know anything. Not even hastening to look to see in a panic if she was still around. He just went from body to body seemingly innocently. Not looking for anything in particular, but just observing. None the less, the best approach would be to directly confront him. Anika definitely had an ample amount of chakra left in her reserves, so taking out a mere child would be no match if it came to that.

Quickly, she jumped from her tree perch directly in front of him. Her cloak flowed in the wind ominously as she landed. She looked to his face, as hers was shrouded by her hood. He'd grow up to be a good looking man one day; duely noted. The wind began to pick up as the storm grew closer. The two didn't have much time before the storm was upon them; Anika needed to discern quick if he was to be killed or not.

"So kiddo..." she began with a cold, sarcastic tone, "Give me a reason not to add you to the list of corpses I've gathered here. Got a name, or maybe what your doing out in these woods?"
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:28 am

OOCShow
Pls Oak. Change dat ava.
Gai was a strange person at best, and storm clouds meant one of two things: either he had a shower, or he needed to find shelter. Having not washed for the past two days due to being on foot for almost all his time, he decided it meant the former. As he almost ignored the bodies around him, he began stripping his clothes. If they wanted to kill me that bad, they would have done it by now. I'm obviously a shrimp compared to whoever did this.

It started with his shirt and sweater; he pulled then off rather quickly revealing an extremely well-built torso, albeit accompanied by pale skin. After tossing them on top of another body, he was about ready to pull off his sandals as he sat down on top of the corpse of an older man's head until he actually noticed the person perched in the tree in front of him like an owl. The woman was eerie, yes, but not scary.

He didn't mind what the lady said. For some reason, he wasn't scared. He felt like he wasn't going to die. It was somewhat of a euphoric feeling where he almost knew his fate, even though he didn't. All he took out from the woman's cold voice were the words "corpse, name, and woods". He had already experienced enough questioning to know where that was going.

Though seeing the woman had halted his stripping progression, he began again while he answered her questions. He felt lax, maybe it was because the corpses around him made him feel serene. Or, maybe it was because he was finally getting to have a chance to wash the dirt off of his body. Either way, it was clear that the boy was not completely sane, as any normal person would have shit their pants at this point. Most of it was acting, though. He liked to keep his inner demons away while he washed.

"Hmm... I'm not harming you, so why would you want to harm me?" He unbuckled his sandals and threw them in the same direction that he threw his shirt and sweater.

"My name is Gai, I don't know why you need that, though." He smiled happily as he began to take off his pants. At this point he was simply in black boxer shorts, practically naked.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:30 am

oocShow
Never
So, is this guy a stripper? Ninja? Or both...'

Anika lowered her hood slowly as the most puzzled, confused, and distraught look crept across her pretty face. He began taking off his hooded clothes, then his shirt. Decent body, however she remained unattracted to him based on her love for Sora. She crossed her arms now that her hood was adducted to it's resting position in a judging manner. Not bad judging; simply trying to assess the situation. The kid wasn't even phased be her demeanor. Was he out of his mind?

He spoke his few words promptly after her's. His voice was rather deep for a teenager, perhaps he was older? Continuing to assess the situation, he did bring up a good point that he wasn't here to harm her and by this time, that was quite evident. Why he kept continuing to take off his clothes, Anika didn't know.

Gai. What a plain name. A missing ninja named Gai from konoha. Nothing she could remember like that in the bingo book. Her arms returned to a normal position. As be began to remove his pants, she began to speak again.

"Well, Gai" she said with crass, "Why don't you run along. I've got quite a bit of mess to clean up, as you can see, and you're in my way. Continue to be in my way, and I'll dispose of you too. I'm being nice, ya know.-- And put back on your clothes for christ sake. Not a sight I, or anyone else for that matter in the vicinity, care to see."

Rechecking her surroundings with her sensory abilities, no one else was around.
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Gai smirked with a sharp and short snort of laughter when she told him to go away. "But look. Look at the sky. What does that tell you?" At this point, he was fully naked, and he picked up his clothes and began to walk somewhere where the bodies weren't, taking into consideration that she might actually do something if he didn't move. "You're supposed to be naked when you take a shower."

He stood only about 2 meters away from the area with the dead bodies as he looked up at the sky. It wasn't raining, but there certainly was precipitation. It was more like a mist of small drops rather than rain, but at any rate, it felt refreshing. Gai took the liberty of tearing tree bark off of a tree and flipping it so that the rough side would be facing him in front of him.

He didn't wonder much why the woman was there, or even why the bodies were there. This is normal, right?

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Anika quickly turned away as he removed his last article of clothing. It was not her place to look-- nor did she really care to see. Awkwardly, she turned her back to him as the misty precipitation began to fall. With her sensory, she kept her focus on him as she turned her back. He did take off all his clothes and weaponry, so he clearly wasn't apt to kill her anyway. But ya know, you can never be too sure.

As the boy spoke, it was clearly evident he was using the rain to shower. How...ghetto. Was he that poor as to where he couldn't afford normal bathing needs? She began to pick the bodies up and put them all into a uniform pile. The rain was starting to come down harder once she had collected most of the bodies into the pile. Fire was not going to be an option seeing as the onslaught of rain. She would have to use steam, possibly giving away her kekkei genkai to the boy. But in all honesty, he was so young he probably still had never heard of her.

As the lightning and thunder cascaded above them, she formed handseals. With quick inhales, she blasted the pile of carcasses with superheated steam, effetively melting off skin muscle and bone; repeating this until the bodies were no more. She picked up some of the wet ashes in her hands, observing them closely. A few seconds later, she flicked them off as if they were mud or dirt and she was trying to remove the substance. No evidence left but some ash, which really, could have been burnt from anything. Perhaps it was good it was raining; the ash would settle into the dirt faster, guaranteeing no clear trace left behind.
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Gai took a glance at his piece of bark and noticed it was too big. As he began breaking off small chunks of bark as if it were chocolate, he watched the woman begin to pile up the bodies. He looked up at the sky once again to check the status of his shower. Indeed, at this point in time he was poor--such was the life of a nukenin. Being on the run for most of his time meant that he didn't have as much time to work in missions for money, but he didn't mind. Nature was where it began, after all. It began to pour harder and harder as if the heavens were crying at the evil deeds the woman had done.

Drip, drop, splash.

The sounds of the rain began to surround Gai with serenity as he began scrubbing his body, starting with his chest with the piece of bark. He watched as the woman in front of him casually disposed of the bodies, and he really wondered what her motive was. Sure, he wanted power, but what did she want?

"Why'd you do it?"

It was all he asked, but in the midst of the sounds of the rain sloshing on trees, mud, and ashes, his voice was clear and smooth like the water itself.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Why'd you do it.

The words echoed in her head like a yodel down a cavern. At first thought, immediately began the thought premise of "Well they were hunting me, so I had to kill them." But was this morally alright? She looked to the ashes thinking of the boy, who not much in age difference to the naked boy across from her. Maybe she could have averted the process? Saved the innocence? No. Not again Anika. There were ways she could have averted the situation, like she could have invented some mind wiping technique. Clearing their minds of everything would be an effective tool. Duly noted.

Anika turned to the boy raising her hood to prevent her already soaked face and hair from getting more soaked. Within seconds she formulated her answer:

"I killed because I was weak."

Thunder cracked loudly from overhead. When it subsided, she continued:

"It's how you measure power in a person. I am weak, in the sense I am referring to, because killing was the only available option I had when 20 ninja jumped me. I possess no form of ninjutsu or genjutsu at the moment able to suppress that many and be able to skip away without them having the ability to recollect that much information about me, my whereabouts, etc. If we are judging this situation on killing potential, then I am very powerful highly skilled; hence why 20 of them tried to jump me at once. I think it is foolish to judge power strictly on killing potential.

The thunder cracked again, but further away.
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:43 pm

It was clear that the woman in front of Gai was thinking really long and hard about his question. He was expecting some dumb bullshit excuse about how she had to defend herself--in nature, that was the answer, yes, but it came to him in a much more philosophical manner than he wanted her to answer. After hearing it, nonchalantly, he shrugged as he tossed the bark aside. It was raining, but he didn't have any extra clothes. Nudity was an option--it wasn't too big of an issue, as long as he covered his... You know. Actually, that didn't matter. Nobody was around for miles.

After stuffing his soaked clothes into his backpack, he looked up at the sky again. The rain was an everlasting elixir, but dauntingly cold. He swung his sack behind his shoulder as he began walking toward the woman. He knew more than wished, that the woman would not hurt him. He lifted his arm and held it straight out to the woman's as a gesture to shake her hand. "It was a trick. You don't need a reason to kill anyone." He smiled as if what he said was no big deal; it was simply a hint at the way he viewed life.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 pm

"Your clothes aren't going to dry if you wad them up in a backpack, kiddo." Anika said as the naked boy began to stuff his clothes in his bag. His naked self came to her with an outstretched hand, which she gripped normally. He said a cold, chilling philosophical statement. Immediately, her grip tightened painfully around his hand. She disapproved. Leaning in to his ear as if she were to whisper, her normal vocal volume was produced in a cold, cynical, manner.

"If I didn't need a reason to kill, you'd be dead too; and I'd be desecrating, standing on your ashes like we are at the moment, of that gang that tried to harm me." Sharply, matching the tone of her voice, she let go of his hand violently.

She laughed in a cynical, demeaning, laugh, and looked him straight in the eye. "You've got so much to learn, kid."
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 pm

He ignored her remarks about drying his clothes. The hood was torn off long ago when he used it to start a fire in that niche with the aggressive girl. About that... What was with him and meeting aggressive women?

She squeezed his hand and it hurt. It really hurt--but all pain was, was fear, and all fear was, was ignorance. That's how Gai put it. He resisted the pain, the ignorance, the fear--all that was left was some physical hindrance that he didn't need to be dragged down by. Although it felt like his hand was getting crushed, he kept his smile as he listened to the woman speaking coldly to him. He politely waited for her to finish, and responded,"So, why haven't you killed me yet? Because I'm not a threat? What if I pulled the blade out of my backpack and held it to your neck? Is that your reason to kill me? To survive? That's not a reason. That's instinct. It's not a weakness. You are a predator." He spoke just as coldly as she, with a face of annoyance as he rubbed the knot out of his hand.

And then, the frown turned to a smile, and his eyes closed and squinted happily. "But enough of that. I haven't had the pleasure of knowing your name." His composure, his reactions, everything hinted that he wasn't even human, even though he was. Perhaps it was just the absence of humanity in his actions, but unlike the woman in front of him, he didn't justify himself. He just did.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:33 pm

"The name is Ana." she said with no hesitations. Anika was a good liar, and even then, like its only missing a couple of letters, right? No big deal, that was enough information to get by. Calling her a predator made her uncomfortable, but for the first time she happened to accidentally look down and catch a glint of his junk. Not like it impressed her or anything, the tension just got a tad more awkward. Not in a rushed fashion, she took of her cloak and held it out in an outstretched hand.

"Put this on for now, while your clothes dry." She spoke with kind generosity. A cloak is easy to come by anyway, she could just pick herself up a new one at the next market she went to if the kid decided to run off with it. It was better than his appendages protruding in her line of vision. Annoyed by the whole situation, she'd hoped he just put it on. Vaporizing him would be a good next step to solve his nudity issue right?
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:43 pm

The name was given a bit too quickly. After all, she was cautious enough to threaten to kill him when they first met, so why would she have given her name? He thought for only a short moment before coming to the conclusion that 'Ana' wasn't really her name. Nope. It wasn't like it really mattered to him. There were a lot of people in the world, and pretty soon, she would just be another insect that he would unknowingly crush under the heel of his shoe. She looked at his genitalia, and her initial reaction may have been one of awkwardness, but he found it quite amusing that people cared about such things.

The generosity was accepted, and he put the cloak on. At that moment in time, he had the set-up of a classic flashing pervert. That didn't matter either. It was pouring, but the cloak was water-resistant enough to shield him from a bit of the storm.

Suddenly, lightning flashed a several dozen meters away from Gai. It was almost as if the force of the lightning blew him back as he flinched and jumped in the opposite direction of the lightning. His eyes grew big for a second, but just as quickly they returned to their lax state.

The two needed to find shelter, and fast. The only problem was, he didn't know where he was at all.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Anika smiled as he donned the cloak. It fit him nicely, actually. Perhaps he could just have it. Who knows, she'd see when they returned to the next town a mile or so ahead. It was wise to keep moving, as she had spent an hour or so in this in this area. She looked to the boy who seemingly was comfortable in her attire. However now, she was pretty much drenched.

Out of nowhere, lightning reigned from the sky a few meters away from the boy. He jumped. Despite his outward, apathetic, cold personality, he was still a kid, and prone to get scared. She needed to get to the next town, asap, but what about this boy? If he couldn't afford a shower, how would he afford shelter? As thunder reigned overhead, she made her decision.

"Can you run. If so, fast?" Anika spoke louder to the boy to make sure he could hear hear over the thunder. "We need to get out of here before this gets more ugly." If he couldn't go fast, she would carry him at this point. The wind began to roar and debris from the forest began to sweep up everywhere. They didn't have that much time.
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:32 pm

It fit him nicely. He planned to keep it whether the woman in front of him wanted it back or not.

"I can't run fast," he said as he gasped for air. His facial expression didn't show it, but he was still in shock. He was moderately fast, but he knew he probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the broad who called herself Ana. The girl carried him, and he didn't resist--it was better than walking. His feet were sore, anyways.

Meanwhile, it looked as if a twister was beginning to form. Indeed, they didn't have much time; he assumed that the soft-hearted woman was going to take care of him. Being poor had its benefits: being babied around by a young adult was one of them. If something could come to him free, he would take it. He was hungry, too. Food would be nice once they got somewhere safe.

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Quickly, Anika cradled the boy in her arms and darted off in the northern direction-- the direction of the nearest village. The wind was picking up as she jumped in a haste from limb to limb of the canopy of the trees. Lightning nearly struck the duo a couple of times, but they were surviving. Where did this severe of a storm come from anyway? There was no chakra she could sense behind it, so it was all natural. Nature is something scary.

Within minutes, the woods cleared to an even more severe storm occurring near the new found port town. Perhaps the large seascape escalated the severity of the storms power with no foliage from the forest to protect them. With no haste, she darted into the town.

Tearing down the main street, the wind almost swept the ninja off her feet. Some storm. In the distance, she could hear many waves crashing along the pier. The were hitting hard and ruthlessly, it would not be a surprise if damage were done to the outskirts of town based on the sea itself. Out of nowhere, she came to a complete halt. In front of her, in a large sign blowing ominously back in forth in the wind, read: INN.

Seeing as her hands were full, Anika kicked open the door to the inn, revealing a vacant, cozy, lobby with an innkeeper rushing to her position, yelling about her her crassness. Setting the boy to his feet, another innkeeper ran to the room, slamming and barring the door shut. Anika followed the first angry innkeeper to the front desk, to work out arrangements for the time being.

The lobby was quaint, but all windows were storm windows and locked not revealing much of what was taking place outside. It sure sounded bad. The wind howled loudly through the town constantly blowing debris everywhere. However, they got to the inn, safe and sound. The most damage the inn would see at the time would be a power outage, as the lobby was now illuminated by candle light.
NinjaShow

Meth

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Meth » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:21 pm

It all happened in a flash. One moment Gai was out in a raging storm, the next he was swooped up by a woman whose grip was almost like a man's, and the next he was in a calm inn with a funky yet home-like smell. It had a quaint lighting of candle and fire, but he could make out what was around him.

He didn't have any money, so he assumed the woman would pay for him. He yawned as he was set to his feet. "Okay..."

Oak

Deep Fried or Grilled?

Post by Oak » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:21 pm

Anika and the innkeeper of the service desk bantered back and forth for a few minutes. The price, Anika believed, was too high given the geography and quality of the inn so far. The innkeepers did note the price is usually lower, but in storms the damage is usually high, therefore they require more money during this time. Scoffing, she set the needed amount of currency on the table, and was handed a key.

Looking at Gai, she motioned to him in a waving motion to follow her. Turning back, she proceeded out of the lobby and down the hallway, passing rooms as she went. Occasionally, she'd pass a staircase. The hotel staff noted that the inn was at nearly full capacity but she hadn't seen anyone yet. Strange. Turning to one of the stairases, she climbed up three flights to the top floor where her room awaited. Turning right down the hallway, she finally reached her room: #349: the last room of the floor. Popping the key into the door, she turned it, and it opened revealing her place of stay.

Upon first entering, it was dark, illuminated by a single candle on the nightstand that stood in-between two immaculately made queen sized beds. To their immediate right, was a small door leading to a quaint bathroom, containing a sink, toilet, and bathtub. Across from the beds was a small table with chairs, and a dresser. On the wall farthest to the door, was a large glass sliding door, opening to a balcony. Anika put her stuff on the farthest bed, closest to the glass.

"Make yourself at home, kid." she said trailing off, and assuming he followed her. Drawn to the window, she paced to it, gazing to see the weather detriments outside. The visibility was very very small, as she could only really see the harbor off in the distance. Logs, trash, and other debris pelted the window with large clanks, but the windows were enforced to deal with this kinda thing. Folding her arms, she continued to watch.
NinjaShow

Return to “Other Countries”