[Lonely] I Want to Believe

Oak

[Lonely] I Want to Believe

Post by Oak » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Anika sat at her campfire, glimpsing into it for hours. Today was most likely the most interesting day of her life. Her friends, were not her friends, legends are real, her lover died? To her left, sat a scroll which she inked out all the details in immaculate occurrence. Even what she recalled on the scroll was nearly verbatim. However, she has no true proof. The scroll was still in the now destroyed cave, along with dead Sora, and dead Takiwa. Would someone be coming after her now? All this was flying through her head.

Sleeping seemed like not an option. Every image kept replaying over in her head. Looking at the scroll, she analyzed all the information for around the 50th time. Ink dried now, she stroked the words searching for the truth contained within them. No one would believe her. It seemed like a wives tale. She might as well shred the scroll now. Or sell it and write the next hit fiction/fantasy novel. Both were sad, but true options at this point.

Untapped power.

What was this wellspring actually? All chakra apparently originated from there, along with the genma themselves. This thought process occurring, she started writing down hypotheses from the opposite end of the scroll. If one could harness a massive source of chakra, they'd be sustained in battle forever. They'd never grow tired and weary. If what these people were saying were true, now wonder why there would be a group after it. Think what were Sora and Takiwa wearing?

She couldn't remember. Nothing distinctive stood out that she could recall at the present time. The faces were what she was looking at most; not to mention she was in information retaining mode. Anika could spout back that scroll's words and Takiwa's to a tee, but not any other real information. Redistributing her weight, she let out a small sigh. Her eyes began to get heavy. One blink after another, she grew closer and closer to sleep.
'Where...am i?' she thought to herself, clearly in a dream. She was in attendance at the dig in which she was at as a child. No one was there, her alone. Night time. Dark like it was when is real time. She stepped cautiously forward, examining the ground mainly. Everything was hazy as it was in a dream. Suddenly, she darted towards the side of the quarry where there was a caven entrance.

"I WILL MAKE YOU POWERFUL." spoke a booming voice, seemingly coming from all directions. Looking forward, she saw a giant, statue-like creature. Intimidated, she just stared at it, not sure of how she got to that exact spot.

"YOU WILL SEEK ME. I MAY BE HERE, I MIGHT NOT BE. TOGETHER, WE CAN FIND THE WELLSPRING, AND CONQUER ALL. I MAY NOT EVEN BE IN THIS FORM."

Seemingly not even in control of her own body, thoughts and sayings, she began to reply. "Where can I find you."

"YOU EXPECT ME TO TELL YOU?! HA!"

"Yes, I do."

"FATE CHILD. FATE WILL BRING US TOGETHER."

"Very creative and original..." dream Anika responded with sassily and with sarcasm.

"BRING YOUR COMPANIONS TO SIGN THE CONTRACT."

"I don't have any friends. I'm alone and free."

"NOT FOR LONG. CHOOSE WISELY, FOR THESE PEOPLE WILL BE THE ONES YOU SHAPE THE WORLD WITH."

Her dream, cut out and jumped at this point. Next thing she knew, dream Anika was being rushed by thousands and thousands of people in all directions. Looking around and assessing, she was with other cloaked members, all with their hoods up. She felt good. She felt pure power flowing thru her body. instinctively, she flicked her hand and thousands of people were seemingly swept across and destroyed in a bloody manner. Another formed a handseal and all she could see was a bright light.
She woke up to her fire out, and her body not even in her shelter, all contorted laying down by the fire. At this time, yesterday seemed so long ago. It seemed to just be a blur, but the emotions were so strong. Her dream was fresh in her head, but she didn't really think too much in it. Dreams are dreams right? Slowly, she got up and stretched looking at dawn about to break.

What was on the docket to do today? Life seemed to stop now that she had no friends. She completed the task she wished to complete, but had no one to go back to. Quickly, she began to pack up her site. Within minutes, the ground was complete and spotless like no one had ever been there. Taking a step going to the nearest town, her foot stepped on something.

The scroll.

If she would have lost this holy shit, that would have been MAJOR. Picking it up she opened it, but she let it go quickly with a soft scream. As it unraveled, "FATE WILL BRING YOU TO ME." was written in blood across the scroll. Well, it was a red substance, presumed to be blood.

Her dream. Was it real? She analyzed every inch of her body for scrapes or marks. Nothing. She couldn't have slept-wrote it. Felling her chest, her heat was racing. Was it true? What can of worms had she opened? Pandora's box, maybe? Anika is a highly analytical person, leaving her to be skeptical. Her face grew a new emotion, seemingly more dark, filled with passion. Something even ruins hadn't even done for her. Letting all skepticism out the door, she picked up the scroll tightly, and rolled it back up. Putting it in her bra, right next to her heart, she darted east. 'For the first time in forever:'

As she began picking up speed, she let out a loud yell to the vacant forest.

"I BELIEVE."
NinjaShow

Return to “Other Countries”