[Mission] Rock Hard

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 am

Kumogakure was in such a state that the word panic did not begin to explain. That morning, at dawn, a spirit had attacked the village only to be beaten back by the Raikage, a group of elite black ops members and a jounin. However, the destruction left behind was devastating, as the summit of the eastern mountain had collapsed after a series of explosions. Rubble was all over the place on the mountain, and it had to be moved.

That was where the two Genin, Jinrai, Soru and Fuyuki, Eiko came in. They had both received orders when assembling for the state of emergency to clear out the rubble. It was quite the boring job, but it had to be done. They both stood now on a bridge in the middle of the village, having just been told of their mission.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Bright

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Bright » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:26 am

Soru remained eerily still as he allowed his brain to process the information he had just been slapped with. Gigantic chaos, spirit destroys and kills Raikage and his Elite bodyguards, Jounin beats the spirit back, mountain completely fucked up, rubble everywhere.

There'd be some that could make for an easy transport, but of course, they'd have to also deal with the bigger, most troublesome part as well.

It would all just end up being one boring pain in the ass.

"How do you want to do this? We break it all up with explosives and such first and then just clean and level the place out?" He asked Eiko, who had just received the information herself.

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am

Eiko slowly nodded as they received their instructions. The information they had received about the chaos that had ensued was a lot to take in and she wasn't completely sure what to think of it. In the end it could have been a lot worse but the Raikage had gotten killed and a mountain had gotten almost completely destroyed leaving rubble everywhere.

Of course they needed someone to clear it out and that was where she and Soru came in. They were being tasked with first removing the rubble and then leveling the area. It wasn't the most exciting job nor was it going to be easy but she was needed and that was what mattered.

"Well we should probably get to destroying the bigger pieces and then we can just take care of the smaller bits as we level the area. No need to do everything completely seperate."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Bright

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Bright » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:57 am

"Fine with me, let's head off. The sooner we can get this done, the better for the village and the better for all of us."

With that, he signaled for her to run after him towards the mountain. It wasn't one of the easiest tasks to arrive at the place, since Kumo was a large, heavily populated and labyrinth-like village. Just getting by the various obstacles was troublesome.

However, they'd eventually reach the place. And only then would Soru truly understand the damage that had been inflicted on the spot.

The surrounding buildings were destroyed, the "hole" in the mountain simply seemed like someone decided to play with S-Rank storm techniques and overall, the place was a giant mess.

"Tschh...this is big. How do you think your dad has it going after this thing? The Jounin are probably going haywire trying to figure out what went exactly on, no?"

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 pm

She nodded and with that they were off towards the mountain. The village still seemed to be in a bit of chaos after the attack and it was hard not to see why. There was rubble everywhere and it only seemed to get more prominent as they got closer to their destination.

It was once they arrived however that the full extent of the damage that had been done was revealed to them. Eiko let out a small gasp at the sight. It was almost enough to make her start crying. "Th.. this is horrible."

She gulped as she answered Soru's next set of questions. "I can't even imagine how terrible the fight must have been. I feel so bad that I couldn't do anything to help." She really did feel terrible for not having even known what was going on at the time but for now they had a job to do. "Well regardless now we have to do what we can. Sure this job is probably going to be relatively boring but if this is what we can do to help out then so be it. Now how do you want to go about getting rid of these bigger pieces. We could either blow them up or just move them out of the way a bit at a time. An explosion would be quicker but it would leave more of a mess while simply moving them would take forever. What do you think we should do?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Bright

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Bright » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 am

"Awh man, the worst part is that this is nothing. We have to go up the mountain to see the real damage. After all, it's tip was almost blasted off." Soru replied to her as he proceeded with his trip, accelerating slightly. After all, the faster, the better.

With that, he'd head up the mountain, hoping Eiko would follow him. "Honestly, I don't know what else we could have expected. Raikage-sama was involved in a battle to the death, after all. This kind of damage was bound to happen."

He hoped to get to the top soon, so as to get a clear sight of everything they had to do. The whole job seemed almost inhuman. They'd have to get help, from someone. That was for sure.

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:07 am

Eiko let out a groan as she imagined what waited for them at the top. "Worst job ever! The top is going to be an absolute nightmare. I just hope it doesn't collapse on us while we're up there." Sure she might be a bit of a worrywart but she felt like that was a legitimate concern as who knew how much longer it could stand having taken that much damage.

With that she and Soru were on their way up the mountain. "I suppose you're right but I still feel guilty about not doing anything." She knew that she wasn't the only one who felt that way but there were very few shinobi in the first place who would have been capable of fighting something with power of that magnitude.

"I just hope they don't expect for this to be a two person job. If the damage is much worse than it was down there we're definitely going to need a lot of help. I really hope assistance is available."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:54 am

The mountain had lost about 300 meters of height, most of which was obliterated. What remained were ten Very Large Boulders, twenty Medium Boulders and thirty Boulders. The Very Large Boulders were 10 meters in diameter, the Medium Boulders were 5 meters in diameter and the Boulders were between one and two meters in diameter.

This job could be done in a multitude of ways. They could move the rocks to another location first or they could break them up into their manageable sizes now, but those were only the most obvious ways. While there was nobody miraculously waiting to assist them at the top of the mountain, they were in the middle of their ninja village.

CharactersShow
Character

Bright

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Bright » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:58 am

Soru whistled with his lips in appreciation of the gigantic task they had been prompted to do. It certainly would not be easy nor quick.

One thing was for sure. They alone wouldn't be able to take care of it soon enough. The village NEEDED the space empty and cleared of rubble and debris. Their job was to ensure that this was to become reality as soon as possible.

"Eiko, as you can see, we've got way too much on our hands." He said, pointing at the gigantic boulders that had to be cleared out.

"What say I go and find someone to help us and leave you my explosives so you can start toning some of those boulders down?"

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Eiko visibly grimaced at the task that lay before them. It had seemed pretty bad to begin with but it was much much worse than she had expected.

The worst part was that there was nobody around to assist them but luckily enough due to the disaster most of the villagers were out and about doing whatever they could to help the cause and they happened to be in the middle of the village.

She nodded as Soru pointed out the obvious. She could clearly see the mess that absolutely needed to be cleared out as soon as possible."This is definitely not a two person job."

"Yeah that sounds like a good plan. We're going to need a fairly large crew for this."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Bright

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Bright » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:40 am

Soru nodded at her as she replied.

"Ok, fantastic. Here, take my explosive tags." He told her, handing over all...five of them. Yep, they would definitely need assistance.

"I'll be back soon." He spoke, turning around and dashing back down the mountain. Luckily, the whole wrecked area was fresh news, and thus, a lot of people had come to see it. He'd just have to find those who were willing to help.

But where and who? It wouldn't make sense to go around the streets asking civilians to help them, since they wouldn't have much of a way to do it.

Hmm, maybe a ninja shop? There I can probably find ninja who aren't doing anything at the moment, and maybe even get the assistance of the owner itself. Even if I can't, I'm Jinrai. Money's not something that's cut short.

Nodding to himself, he dashed off, heading into the village again and attempting to find a ninja tools shop. As soon as he did, he would walk right in.

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Soru ran through the village, but everyone he found that was a shinobi was terribly busy working on other projects, as the bannin Syaoran hastily sent shinobi out of the village on tasks. Soon, he found himself picked up by Syaoran, who had totally forgotten he had already given the boy a task, and briskly sent him off on another job.

With Soru now out of the picture, Eiko was left waiting for about an hour. It was clear that he was not coming back. She did have all of his explosive tags though, which was a plus.

CharactersShow
Character

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Eiko patiently waited for Soru to return. As time passed she was beginning to grow more and more impatient. Where the hell is he? After about an hour it was clear that he wasn't coming back. Letting out a quiet sigh she just decided to get to work.

Between her own tags and the tags Soru had given her she only had a grand total of ten. She groaned as she began to wonder why she didn't carry around more. What she had was going to have to work though. I'll probably have to use the tags to take care of the bigger rocks. I can take care of the smaller rocks through jutsu if absolutely necessary.

Nodding to herself she began getting to work, first walking over to one of the largest boulders and slapping a tag on it. Backing up she detonated it, wanting to see just what she was dealing with.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 am

The large boulder broke into 5 boulders due to the explosive force of the fuuinjutsu on the tag. Small rocks scattered the area as it cracked apart.

CharactersShow
Character

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Alright so it seemed this job was going to be slightly easier than she had expected. That was a relief but it was still a big job so it left her wondering whether she should go get help or not.

No not yet. I'll take care of what I can before going to get help. Whatever help I get can finish up with the leftovers. With that thought in mind she got back to work, first by gathering up the smallest rocks and placing them off to the side so that they wouldn't be in the way and so they would all be in a single location for when she was ready for them.

After that she got to work with the rest of the largest boulders, placing tags on them and detonating each in turn, gathering up the resulting boulders and placing them with the rest before she moved onto the next. It was fairly tiring work but she felt this was the best way to go about it. The only problem was she wasn't quite sure how to go about taking care of the medium boulders just yet though.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:40 pm

The large boulders all broke open thanks to the explosive tags that Eiko was using, becoming 5 variable sized boulders, between 1 and 2 meters in diameter, although none were perfectly spherical.

Moving such large rocks with Eiko's strength as she was doing took most of the day, and night was falling. She only had an hour until sundown, and if she couldn't get it done by the end of the next day, she would fail.

CharactersShow
Character

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:16 pm

It was a slow job but eventually the largest boulders were gone and the resulting smaller boulders were stacked in a neat pile. Now that just left the medium boulders. She had no explosives left and she wasn't strong enough to break them apart with physical strikes. At that moment she realized that she had completely forgotten about her Doton affinity. The problem was that she didn't really have any techniques that would help her in this case.. or did she? There was only one way to find out and that was by trying it out.

Forming the necessary hand seals she walked over to one of the medium boulders and placed her hand on it, channeling chakra through it and watching satisfyingly as it took the form of an Earth Clone. Goodie it worked. She then had the clone walk off to where it would be out of the way. She then repeated the process with a few more of the boulders and had the resulting clones walk off. There was still a problem though.. she had only managed around five clones and she was running low on chakra. Ugh. Dammit I need more. It's too late to get any help though.. I do have a few clones to do the job for me. With that she had the clones come back to her and them begin punching the boulders hoping to at least cut them down in size at least a bit at a time.
JutsuShow
*[Earth Element • Earth Clone]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals and flooding the ground around them with chakra, the user will cause a clone to materialize out of the ground. The clone is made of rock, and is quite strong and durable, but can only move within a quarter mile of the user. The clone is only able to use taijutsu attacks, and has the following stats: 1 Taijutsu, 4 Stamina, 2 Strength, and 1 Speed.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Eiko had successfully reduced the small boulders to manageable sizes for the stone masons. However, the problem still remained of flattening the area, and the sun had gracefully slipped below the peaks that surrounded her. Eiko had to move the stones to the stone masons in the trade district and flatten out the rugged terrain of the mountaintop, which was a massive area.

It was her choice whether to work through the night or take a break until tomorrow morning, but she only had 24 hours until the job had to be complete.

CharactersShow
Character

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:31 pm

It had taken pretty much all day but she finally had the first part of the job done. Now she had to move the stones to the stone masons and then come back and flatten the mountaintop. As much as she wanted to take a break she knew that she was probably going to have to pull an all-nighter to get the job done in time.

So after just a moment's rest she and her clones started gathering up the stones and heading towards the trade district, where the stone masons were located. I can do this. Just have to take it nice and easy while at the same time not slacking at all.

It was slow going as she headed down the mountain though as given her current burden and the fact that the only real light she had was whatever there was lighting up the village and moonlight.

Once she safely reached the bottom though she and her clones were off on their way to the trade district, eventually arriving at their destination.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:43 pm

One of the stonemasons waved the girl and her clones over, having to do a double take after realizing they all looked exactly the same. "Thanks for that girls, we'll take it from here. You run along now." He said dismissively, waving the group away.

All that was left now was for Eiko to find a way to flatten a massive surface in twenty four hours.

CharactersShow
Character

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:52 am

Soon enough Eiko and her clones arrived at the stone masons and dropped off the stones, immediately turning around to head back as they were dismissed. All they had left to do was flatten the mountain top but the area was massive and they only had twenty four hours to get it done. They headed back at a rather quick pace but along the way she kept her eyes out for anything potentially helpful with the next task. She did have her I have to use jutsu sparingly so.. what I need is a tool, something that can flatten a large area in a short amount of time. Not wanting to waste any time she kept up the pace as she looked, never once stopping.. unless she found what she was searching for.

If she did find what she was looking for then upon arriving back at the mountain she would immediately get to work, using the tool to flatten one are at a time while her clones cleaned up whatever mess may have been left from earlier.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:02 pm

As Eiko walked up the mountain, she passed many people trying to help out, and several that stood by due to a lack of room to access certain pieces of fallen rubble. There were also other Genin running around handing out pickaxes and mattocks to all that wanted them.

All Eiko had to do was smooth out high areas and fill in low areas of the flat surface, however it was gigantic, a task that would be very difficult for one person and 5 clones to complete.

CharactersShow
Character

Kabu

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Kabu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Eiko visibly groaned as she reached the top of the mountain and saw the task ahead of her. It was a gigantic area full of high areas to be smoothed out and low areas to be filled in. She and her clones had each grabbed a pickaxe or a mattock on the way up so they had the tools to get the job done. The only question was how they were going to get it done by the end of the day. The area was huge so it seemed unlikely if not impossible that they would get it done without assistance.

They really couldn't afford to waste time looking for help though, so she and her clones would get to work first breaking down the high areas and then using the remnants to fill in the low areas while she went around asking all the shinobi within the immediate area for assistance, but more specifically looking for doton users to assist with the job. The search would only last for a few moments though and regardless of whether she succeeded or not she would head back to the clones and help them with the job. There wasn't any time to waste. This was a really big job and it had to be done by the end of the day.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Nafan~

[Mission] Rock Hard

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Eiko's decision to look for help was the right one, and had she not gone searching there was no possible way that her and her clones would have gotten it done in time. Countless of the men that had been standing around waiting for an opportunity to help out followed her, assisting in her task. Just as the sun set, the mountain top was a level plane and ready for the laying of foundations tomorrow.

[Pass]

CharactersShow
Character

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”