[Graded]The Chuunin Exam Team forms!

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:32 am

Hayasu was positioned into a handstand, balancing perfectly with Kureiji sitting on his legs. "One...two...three.." he chanted, lowering himself down and then back up. He was hoping his exams would be coming soon, and he needed to be fully prepared. While he was already in fantastic shape due to the long isolation he spent up in the mountains, he couldn't get over the need to improve as much as he could. Without hesitation and as soon as he hit a hundred, he pushed himself up, Kureiji leaping away. "Raiton: Bolt!" He chanted, forming the neccessary seals as three small lightning spears hovered around him. He targeted three cans with his eyes, sending all three crashing into them. The cans rattled and sparked; bullseye. He grinned as he turned to Kureiji. "Alright buddy, time for speed. Run!" he grinned, Kureiji frantically darting away to run all over the training ground. Hayasu was hot on his tail, sprinting after him while keeping as focused as he could.

Raiton: Bolt
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Making a single seal then holding it to charge, he concentrates his chakra and forming it into a Lightning Bolt, before finally throwing it at his opponent as if it was an electrically charged spear. As a perk, the spears are still of pure energy, and will float near him as long as he has chakra. This pierces slightly better than a steel kunai, only with the Raiton charged chakra.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:30 am

Takihime was making her way back home from her morning run up the mountain. She had been taking it relatively easy on herself (at least by her standards) because she had gotten word that she would be getting another crack at the chunin exams pretty soon. She had come a long way from her previous failure, and she was sure that she would definitely make it this time around. She was faster, stronger and all around a much better ninja than she was before.

I wonder if I'm going to be partnered with anybody..., she thought to herself.

As she neared her way back to the village, she heard what sounded like muffled screams and a somewhat loud zap about 50 yards west. No longer walking, she made her way at a brisk pace over to the origin of the sound. Although her field of vision was block by a number of trees and boulders, she made out what looked like 2 people, one chasing the other. "Somebody is in trouble." she said out loud to herself, now breaking into a full sprint to get to the area.

Leaping over a boulder, she landed in the center of the clearing, her sai daggers in her hand, ready for combat. "Stop!", she yelled commandingly, a look of determination upon her face. The look of determination on her face quickly turned into one of bewilderment, and then to one of embarrassment. Anybody, even somebody without her unique vision, would be able to see that it was a boy and his monkey just, pun intended, monkeying around.

Blushing ever so slightly, she quickly placed her sai daggers in her pouch, standing up straight once again. She scratched her head in embarrassment, letting out a soft chuckle. "Hehe... Sorry. I heard a noise and I thought somebody was getting attacked. Didn't mean to cause a scene."
Hyuuga HinoiriGenin - Konohagakure
Nagatomo KenC-rank Samurai - Land of Miracles

RIPShow
Ote Takihime - Genin - Kumogakure no Sato

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:39 am

Hayasu and Kureiji stopped, both raising an eye at the female Genin who appeared. Listening to her remarks, Hayasu and Kureiji laughed a little. "It's fine, if someone was under attack at the training area, there would be a lot more going down then a Genin interfering by now." he smiled, deciding now was a good time to break. "My apologies if we made too much noise, we're practicing for the Chuunin exams. We need to be in tip top shape if we're to pass, though we still need a team." he explained further to lighten her feelings up a bit. He approached her a bit closer and extended his hand. "I'm Hayasu Juko, and this is Kureiji." he said politely, Kureiji curiously circling and examining the Genin..even a tad inappropriately via use of hands. A vein throbbed in Hayasu's skull. Here they go again.

"You..dumb..ass..monkey...YOU NEED TO LEARN MANNERS!" he growled as he sprang after him. These fights happened at least once every day, typically in fun, but once in a while people might thing Hayasu wanted to actually strangle Kureiji. It wasn't an impossible thought in this situation. He chased him off into some higher boulders and immediately sprang back. "Ha-ha! Sorry about that, he's a bit new to actual customs." he laughed nervously, Kureiji turning around and slapping his own rear to taunt Hayasu. In a flash he threw a Kunai over at him, causing him to scamper away.""I promise we're not as bad as we look."he murred nervously. They were almost as certainly bad as they looked. But antics aside, they were still quite loyal to each other and could be serious when the time was needed to be. Typically Hayasu wouldn't of been bothered by Kureiji's antics, but he was in need of Genin whom would join him in building a small team. He wanted Chuunin so bad he could taste it, and the only way to do that was teamwork.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Takihime was beginning to say something, but stopped when she saw the monkey circling around her. She felt a little embarrassed, but tried to be courteous. She was about to bow before the boy started yelling at his little monkey, chasing him off and apologizing to Takihime. "Oh, it's fine." she said chuckling softly. She faced the boy and gave the slightest of bows. "I'm Takihime of the Ote clan, it's a pleasure to meet you.". As she returned to her normal standing position, she flashed a very bright, happy smile at the boy.

"You said you were training for the Chunin exams? I was too. I was actually told my exam date was coming up fairly soon, how about you?". Judging the emotional aura of the boy, she could see he was being very genuine. Judging by her gut, she had a good feeling about him. He had said that he didn't have a team, and neither did Takihime. Perhaps this was going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Hayasu sighed in relief as he saw she wasn't chased off by their antics. And Ote clan user? Very interesting, and good for Hayasu, he could use someone to spar with when he wanted to practice Taijutsu. "Indeed I am. The same as far as the date goes. I'm pumped. I've trained for far too long to not." he smiled, Kureiji slowly creeping back over to Hayasu. Hayasu didn't attack him which was good, so he hopped onto him and scratched his head.

"Are you out training today? I could use a partner to train with if you feel up to it." Hayasu said grinning, weighing the possibilities. Not only was having a taijutsu user great for training, but would be beneficial for whatever tests the Chuunin exam would represent. She also seemed quite friendly, which would make things a helluva lot easier to build teamwork with. They would need a third however if they wanted to stand a chance, and he had a feeling Hayate would have his hands in it.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 am

Takihime cracked her knuckles. "I could go for a good training session." she replied, already beginning to stretch and loosen up her muscles. She had been going light, and this would be a nice change of pace for her. It would also help her scout the ninja, knowing that a strong ally was a good thing to have during such a rigorous exam.

She wasn't exactly in the mood for sparring, but decided to just do whatever the boy felt comfortable with. She tightened her headband and her tool pouch, preparing herself for what she hoped was a tougher training session than she had been doing the past week. "What did you have in mind?"

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:53 am

Hayasu grinned as he was already warmed up. "Well, I hear the Ote clan is pretty badass when it comes to Taijutsu. How about showing? Just a friendly Taijutsu spar, no harm no foul." he announced, taking a basic stance. If the Ote clan's Taijutsu reputation was as legitimate as he though, he knew he was about to get a can of asswhooping in hand to hand, but he wanted to make sure.

To try and catch her off guard, he threw a light jab with his left hand, wondering how she'd react. A grab? A parry? He wanted to see just how she fought, and simply watching her would do neither of them any good. Kureiji hopped off the moment his fist extended, scurrying to a boulder nearby to watch. He had no intention to try and hurt his possible new teammate, and he was sure if she was ready for a Chuunin exam she was capable of holding her own.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Takihime swelled with pride upon hearing her new friends words. "Yeah, we're good. I'm actually studying the-".

She weaved out of the way just in time of the oncoming fist, doing a quick back flip to move away from the male ninja. She smirked, and then assumed her stance. This was going to be a lot of fun. "Alright, I'll try and take it easy on you."

She leaped forward, swinging her leg around, aiming to deliver a roundhouse kick to her opponents stomach. This being a simple sparring session, she moved just over half of her speed and strength, to avoid harming herself and her opponent.

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 am

Hayasu barely was able to catch the kick in time, smirking to himself as he raised his arm to block it. It was fast, easily at his level, but if that was her just demonstrating he knew she had to be able to go faster. His muscle was enough to prevent her from overpowering him so far, but he wanted to test her further. He slid his free hand to grasp her ankle and attempted to tug her towards him, slipping his hand he used to block her kick towards her stomach. It wouldn't be a hard punch, but it was more the movements that were important to him then it was raw speed or strength. Just how much faster or stronger was he them him? Would it be enough to rely on if he needed?

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Takihime felt the boy block her arm, nullifying her kick. Normally she would've at least made her opponent budge, but the boy was definitely stronger than her. Added to that, she saw him send a fist straight for her gut. Was he stronger? Yes. Faster? No, although the difference in levels between the two weren't all that drastic. She felt him grab her ankle, once again, the boy's strength making the difference as Takihime was unable to release herself from his grip.

With her planted foot, she hopped up, and sent her heel in the direction of his chest, aiming to push herself backwards, or at least break the boy's grip, and create enough of a distance to where she could once again use her speed to his advantage.

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Quicker then Hayasu could counter against, he felt her leg hit his chest, letting go of her arm. While he could of kept a death grip on her, he was also just seeing what she was capable of. The kick was much faster then her first, showing she was indeed holding back. He chuckled as he hopped back and waited. "Not bad at all!" he said, clearly pleased and brushing his chest off. "So it appears I'm a tad bit stronger, but your speed far surpasses mine. We would need that against a Chuunin. Come at me as fast as you can if you would!" he asked, excited that he was in a fight. The only time Hayasu was ever not goofy, outgoing, and hyper, was in a fight. Kureiji whooped in the distance, clearly excited by the sparring match.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Takihime smiled, getting into her formal Gouken Ryuu stance. "Not so bad yourself! My ankle's definitely going to be bruising tomorrow"

If there was one thing Takihime loved above everything else was combat. She was born with a gift, and the village of Kumo had nourished it, bringing her up to be fierce and dominant in battle. She was a ninja of the clouds, a prodigy of the Ote clan, and she was going to make sure that she would live up to that name. Every fight, whether mission-related or a simple training session like this one, was a stepping stone to get there.

She gave the boy a slight nod, as if indicating to him to prepare himself, before she darted forward, aiming a high kick at the boy's head as she closed the distance.

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 pm

"Oh please, don't try and guilt trip me, I barely even grab-" he immediately stopped as soon as she sprung forward. Shit, she's fast. He thought to himself as the kick and her speed flew at him. He knew there wasn't enough time to block so he ducked instead, crouching as low as he could before lurching forward in an attempt to grab her. He had a feeling she was going to be too fast for him to catch, but it was better then taking a kick, if not several, to the face. He didn't want to use ninjutsu on her, as that was a bit unfair in a Tai match, but she was definitely a superb combatant.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 am

Takihime's kick swung over the boys head. She immediately planted her kicking foot, and would try to follow up with her left. Before she could do that though, he was lunging forward at her. She jumped up and over the boy, landing about 10 yards behind him. She turned to face him, taking a minute to catch her breath.

He's pretty good. she thought.

The sweat trickling down from her forehead to her face making her lips taste salty. Her muscles felt a bit tense, the result of a couple of weeks of simply not training as hard as she normally would. Normally completely focused, she couldn't help but let her mind drift to the thought of her chunin exams coming up soon. It seemed like a daunting task at first, having to take it on alone, but it was beginning to look like she was going to have a little bit more help than she originally thought.

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:35 am

Hayasu felt her wriggle free and leap over him, causing him to jump back as well and take a stance. He laughed and nodded at her. "Excellent!" he said taking a bow, making the handseal of Reconciliation to show their match had been paused. "You're definitely faster. If I didn't spend years training my strength to it's utmost limit right now I would of been getting hammered." he laughed, heading over to her calmly. He had no intention to keep going for now, and figured they'd take a small break. He whistled at Kureiji who scurried over with two water bottles, offering one to her as he chugged on the other. With a nice gasp of air and cool water in his belly, he smirked. "So, any ideas for a third to join us?" he asked calmly, sitting down as Kureiji started climbing around him.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:30 pm

"Thank you.", she said, gratefully accepting his water and giving a slight bow of respect to the little monkey.

"A third? Up until now, I thought I'd be doing it alone."

She sat down right where she stood, crossing her legs while taking a sip of water. Off the top of her head, Takihime couldn't think of any of her former classmates that were as ready for the exams as she was. She had a strong feeling that the 2 of them could do it, but in the world of shinobi, unnecessary risks often meant failure.

"Do you know anybody?"

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Hayasu cheers'd her and smiled, chugging down a nice cold swig of water. It was glorious, though he was mostly warmed from the minor scuffle. The mountain air of Kumo was always great.

After hearing her remark he chuckled. "I don't think that will be possible unfortunately. I happen to be moderate friends with Lord Hayate, and I do believe he's going to meddle with my exam. He's always pushing me to doing stuff." he grinned, thinking on it. He still hadn't heard back, but with recent events, he knew that Hayate had to be extremely busy.

"As for if I know anyone, not first hand, but I've found a few names of solid Genin. If we can get at least one more I do believe we stand a solid chance." Hayasu explained, finishing his water with a loud gulp. "How is your Ninjutsu?" he asked curiously, wondering if she was also as great at Ninjutsu as she was at Tai. While he was pretty confident in his Ninjutsu, he knew for a fact he was going to need to come up with a few surprises. If he could get someone to compliment her Taijutsu and his general ability in both they'd have a very serious shot in passing.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:00 am

Takihime put a hand on her head, rubbing it gently in slight embarrassment. "It's... average at best. I'm skilled in my clan jutsus but... not so good at other ninjutsu."

One Suiton and a handful of clan jutsu does not a good chunin make. This was something she would have to improve upon, and it was naive to think that her physical abilities would be enough to carry her past any chunin worth his weight. She would have to worry about that at another time.

"What other genin do you know?"

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:19 am

Hayasu laughed and gave a thumbs up. "Don't sweat it! I can always handle the ninjutsu portions, we can rely on that kick-ass taijutsu of yours!" He added reassuringly, soon relaxing again and resuming their discussion.

At her next question he shrugged, honestly without an answer to give. "I don't have anyone to be honest. It's pretty shitty, but I'm hoping I should find someone fairly soon to match us. A genjutsu user would be great, though I'll take what I can get. How about you?"

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:49 pm

OOCShow
Kabu is down to do the exams with us, so I think we should get right to it. Once we finish this social, I'm good with all my prerequisites, so if it's alright with you, I'd like to start wrapping things up and dive right into the exam.
Takihime felt a little embarrassed. All her free time was spent on training and missions, at least since Sakki left, so her social life wasn't exactly thriving. The only genin she knew were herself... and the boy that stood before her. Perhaps she could ask her parents to ask their fellow jounin if they had any mentees that they could pair up with.

"I really don't... but I'm sure my Mom and Dad do, I could ask them. There has to be other genin in the village in the same situation as us, it's silly to think there isn't!" Her eyes lit up in excitement, already beginning to picture what her exam would be like. She was determined, and knew that this time would be a success.

RIPShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Hayasu nodded and gave a warm smile. "Well, we should get to searching then. Once we find one we can get things started, I'm more then ready for Chuunin!" Hayasu said happily, flexing and stretching a bit before collecting his equipment. "Let's go shall we?" he laughed playfully, throwing his hands behind his head and whistling as the free spirited Shinobi headed out to search the village. "Where shall we start? The academy roster?" he called out, figuring Taki had followed him.

((Im ready whenever though I need to get more points to grab my training caps))

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 pm

"Sure.", she said, shrugging her shoulders slightly and following the other ninja.

As she strolled down the mountain, she took a gaze at the clouds that blanketed the village, almost as if shielding them from the world. Scattered beams of sunlight pierced through the clouds, giving the general air around Takihime a slight warmth. It felt nice, and was refreshing, as most mornings in Kumogakure were much cooler. Wait a second...

She didn't have a watch on her, but Takihime could already guess she was already late for her clans training session. Judging by the position of the sun in the sky, she surmised that she was probably about an hour late, if not more. Without even realizing it, she had spent the rest of the morning in the mountains with the boy.

"My dad isn't going to be too happy." she said quietly to herself

Having already shifted her focus from her previous task to training mode, she began to run towards her house before quickly realizing that she had almost forgotten about the boy. She turned around so that she was facing the boy while still moving backwards.

"Hayasu! I totally forgot... that I was supposed to... because my clan they..."

She stopped herself, realizing that she was simply babbling. "Meet me at Chahitsu House of Tea in the morning and we'll pick up where we left off!" she yelled over to him, giving a wave goodbye as she made her way to her clans compound as quickly as she could.

RIPShow

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”