[Graded]The results of boredom

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Boredom had struck, and Izumi needed something to keep her entertained. She had found herself a bench and was sprawled out on it, her hood pulled up and her eyes appeared to be closed.

However just ahead of her was a bucket of water on top of one of the stands there, in the marketplace. Soon some poor unwary soul would come along and trip the wire and the water would splash all over them, and Izumi would have her entertainment.

It was childish to be sure, a simple prank really and definitely hadn't taken much imagination, but it was one of those days.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Seni loved music. To be honest, he loved a lot of things, but music was one of his special loves. Humming to his favourite song, the small boy stepped to the beat. Half-dancing half-walking, Senji took his time to appreciate everything about his home, his village, as it struggled to recover from the grievous wounds it had sustained a few weeks prior. In his absent minded assessment of everything he liked about Kumogakure, he failed to notice that he was walking right into a very bored girl's trap.

The wire pulled and the bucket of water fell down on top of the small child. A very unique combination of shock and dismay held Senji paralysed, unable to do anything but stand in the exact position he had been in when the water had fell upon him. His massive hat drooped over his face, and his coat tails sagged forlornly onto the ground. He was totally sopping wet, and had no idea whether to scream, cry, or laugh. So he just stared straight ahead, totally unsure of what to do.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Izumi burst into a fit of giggles, the chunin really couldn't help it. She hadn't expected someone so... colorful, to step into her trap. Fact was, she was laughing so hard that she rolled right off the bench, barely landing on all four.

She wasn't the apologetic sort, never had been really, and never understood why some people got so upset when she pulled pranks. She had no way of knowing if this kid was going to get upset or not, but right now the look on his face was enough to keep her laughing.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:32 am

After a preliminary check to see if anyone was watching, Senji noticed the girl on her knees laughing her lungs out. More than any amount of water landing on his head could ever do, this girl's lack of sympathy totally ticked him off. He marched right over there with the saddest face he had ever worn and pointed right at her. "You are a meanie!" he yelled at her, watery eyes glaring at her in frustration.

He still didn't quite know how to react properly, so the girl's laughing had given him something to respond to in this situation. In a way he kind of hoped she was the one that poured the water on him. He liked to meet new people, but people that enjoy other people's displeasure were not very nice, and not the type of people that Senji wanted to meet at all.

CharactersShow
Character

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 pm

It was at the point of being called a meanie that Izumi realized she needed to calm down her laughter. She took a moment and step by step slowed her rather and soon was breathing normally, all in all the process took only a few minutes. "I'm sorry..." she said as she calmed down. "When I get too bored, I just can't help it. I wind up pulling pranks here and there just for my entertainment, I'm afraid you got caught in the crossfire." As she finished talking, she smiled sheepishly, knowing full well he probably wouldn't accept her apology, after all, she had obviously been quite entertained by it all.

Honestly she didn't know the kid well enough to care if he accepted her apology or not, but it'd be completely rude of her to just ignore his protests and feelings and not offer some kind of apology, and of course an introduction. "I'm Ishiguro Izumi."

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:05 am

Senji stood and stared quietly as the girl slowly calmed down. The little boy was appalled at the older girl's idea of fun. Killing time and boredom by harassing others was the exact opposite of Senji's personality. So long as everyone around him was smiling, he could enjoy himself as well. To think that someone with a perspective that was practically an antithesis to him lived in the same village was almost unbelievable. However, as time went on and the girl slowly quietened, Senji's surprise and outrage had already dissipated. Hearing somebody else laugh was always nice. After a period of silence, the girl introduced herself. "You have a pretty laugh.." he said, having completely skipped over her introduction as he was lost in thought.

After a quick shake of his head, he extended his hand and said "I mean, my name is Senji." while his cheeks burned a bright red.

CharactersShow
Character

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:23 pm

Izumi was a little caught off guard by Senji's sudden compliment about her laugh. He seemed to have gone from being mad at her to complimentary so quick, though has he seemed to recover, blush, and introduce himself, the Ishiguro girl couldn't help a smile as she reached out and shook the hand he had extended. "Well it seems I need to make this up to you, Senji-san." she replied with a little chuckle.

She glanced around to see what there was and saw that just up the road was a good little restaurant. Izumi hadn't been there for a while and knew for a fact that their bulgogi was rather tasty. An idea now sprung in her head, an idea that didn't include a prank, and she turned her attention back to Senji as she smiled once more. "Tell ya what, you hungry? My treat." she offered, pointing to the restaurant just up ahead.

It would do her some good to spend time with someone else rather than sitting there bored anyway. Besides, it was interesting to see him blush. Was that all boys thought about around girls? First Tokaido had flirted with her, and now Senji had blushed. Granted, Tokaido was obvious far bolder than Senji, but it seemed to her that both boys had their mind in the same place.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:42 am

Senji was totally surprised that this older girl was asking him to eat with her. After all, she had just been so mean to him, and now it was like she wanted to be friends. Then it occurred to him. Such a sudden request to eat with him, perhaps, could it be? Was she asking him on a date? He took a step back and waved his hands in front of him as he did his best to stammer out a reply, "Uhh I think.. I mean.. Don't you.." after a few immediate failures of coming up with a complete and coherent sentence, he dropped his arms with steam almost visible running out of his ears. "Sure." He finished, doing his best not to meet Izumi's eyes. He felt like the biggest idiot, and had no idea what exactly was going on.

CharactersShow
Character

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Izumi raised an eyebrow at Senji's obvious display of shyness and confusion. Of course for her it hadn't even entered her mind that he might think it was a date, and to her it seemed like he didn't really want to go. Perhaps she had upset him more than she thought? "I mean, if you don't want to, you don't have to." she added. "I'm not going to force you, but I want to try and make up for upsetting you earlier. I wasn't thinking about how mean my prank would be to most people."

As she awaited his response, she reached up with an off-hand, twirling her hair around her finger, not sure if he'd realize she really hadn't meant to be so mean, she really was just trying to have fun. And for Izumi, boys and dating were so far from her mind that it seemed it would never occur to her that Senji had thought she meant a date.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:31 pm

A little flustered, Senji raised his hands and replied, "Nonononononono, don't even worry about that! Of course I'll go with you." The younger boy had totally forgotten about the prank until water droplets sprayed off of him in magnificent arcs as he waved his hands. "Uhh, I might need to dry out first though.." he added a little bashfully, the colour showing no sign of draining from his cheeks. He only hoped that this girl didn't think badly of him, and started to think that maybe this 'date' hadn't started off so well.

CharactersShow
Character

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:35 pm

Izumi grinned and couldn't help the chuckle that came from her lips at his obvious embarrassment and she inclined her head in the direction of a couple of restaurants. "Come on, I know a good place, and I know the owner. I'm sure he'll have something you can dry yourself off with." she told him with another chuckle.

She checked her gear quickly, barely even showing that she was doing it at all, before she turned and led the way. "So tell me about yourself, Senji." she said, smiling over at him as she finally quit toying with her hair. She figured if the two were going to get a bite together, she might as well get to know him a bit better right?

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Senji took a moment to gather his thoughts before beginning to speak, wringing out his hat as he went. "Well, I graduated from the shinobi academy last month. I've only been on one mission, but I'm doing my best. Oh, and I'm a magician!" He exclaimed, spreading his hands wide and showering Izumi in water. "Sorry.." he said awkwardly, looking away from her and dropping his arms. Totally filled with embarrassment and indecision, Senji just walked along awaiting Izumi to ask him a question, or perhaps start talking about herself to fill the silence.

CharactersShow
Character

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Izumi laughed out loud as she led the way to the little restaurant. "It's alright." she said. "It's only fair after all." When they arrived, she made her way to the counter and got a towel from the person working there and brought it over to Senji.

"Well you already know I'm an Ishiguro I'm sure, and I'm a chunin. I also like archery." she said with a smirk. So far Senji was an interesting person, and rather energetic it seemed. Izumi would love to see how he uses that energy from day to day.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:00 am

CharactersShow
Character

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:42 pm

OOCShow
Turned in as incomplete...

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”