Akio and Kaemon's second spar

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Fri May 01, 2015 9:51 am

Akio had spoke with Kae the previous afternoon, despite training together regularly they hadn't sparred since they first met so they figured now was as good a time as any. Akio had got ready nice and early, 3am as it happened and he made his way towards Kaemon's home, he lived in one of the few actual houses in the village so it was easy enough to find.

Akio looked around before he came across what appeared to be Kaemon's room and gave his window a rap with his knuckles, he kept it fairly quite so it wouldn't wake others up, but hopefully it would be enough to wake Kaemon up.
My charactersShow
Kumaoro, Akio - Kirigakure - Genin

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Fri May 01, 2015 11:55 am

Kaemon wasn't a morning guy. His usual morning routine consisted of waking up at the latest time possible, and then laying in his bed for the next half hour. But this time, he was woken up by a sound. Kaemon slowly rolled over, till he realized what the sound was. He raised his look only to say a familiar face, his teammate Akio. Even though Akio scared the crap out of him first, Kaemon greeted him with a wave. Pushing his thick covers off from his bed with his feet, Kaemon stood up in his dark, cold room. Opening up the window, the cold air made him shake. He looked around, only to notice that it was still night.

"This ought to be good" he yawned. "What is it, an invasion?" he cracked his neck as he looked at his friend.
Sugawara Kaemon - Kiri Genin#1 - #2 - #3 - #4 - #5 - #6 - #7#548B54Dreyar Satoshi - Konoha Genin#1#15AABC

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Fri May 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Akio was rather surprised to see such a calm wave as greeting, he thought he would crap himself or something, well, at least he had some backbone, that was always good in a partner. Before long he came to the window, he'd obviously forgotten their agreement so he reminded him "We agreed to spar today, remember? If we get there after four it'll be a pain to get space. I know you're a sissy when you wake up so I figured you'd need half an hour to get ready. Don't want me kicking your arse again do you? This time it's knock out or serious injury. You need to toughen up for when we're given a mission" his words had concern in them, both for himself and Kaemon's safety on their first mission, whatever it was.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Fri May 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Kae remembered the agreement. He pushed his head out the window as he looked around.

"That was for tomorrow! It's still night!" he had an annoyed tone, but he still figured he shouldn't be too loud. He yawned once again. "Ohh, what the hell, I'll go. Get in and make your self comfortable while I go get prepared to get my teeth knocked out" he said, while turning around and slow walking out of his room.

It was rather dark in it, the light bulb was hanging off the ceiling, but it was rather weak lighting, so the room resembled more of a basement than a boy's room. The window was on the east side of the room, while the bed was one the north-west, pushed up to the corner. The room was aproximately 3 meters wide 4 meters long, with the door that Kae went through being on the south side of it.
Sugawara Kaemon - Kiri Genin#1 - #2 - #3 - #4 - #5 - #6 - #7#548B54Dreyar Satoshi - Konoha Genin#1#15AABC

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Akio Couldn't help but laugh at Kae's comment at the end and replied as he jumped through the window "If you go in with that attitude you'll loose teeth and have a busted nose" if you go in immediately assuming you're going to loose, you're going to loose, even if there was a chance they could have won. He looked around, it was somewhat dark so he couldn't see much so just sat at the edge of the bed as he tried to see more detail about the place, it was the first time he'd ever been in a bedroom other than his own, though, his bedroom was also his kitchen, and living room.

Akio would wait patiently, resting his hands on the bed and swinging his legs, not much else to do other than nosey about but others were sleeping.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Fri May 01, 2015 12:30 pm

A few minutes later, Kae's head showed up on the door. Much more decent-looking, he combed his hair and put on a shirt.

"So, my mom's still asleep, so we'll just climb out over here. Go ahead. he showed back to the window, as he put on his boots. By following Akio, he stepped outside. Using a simple kunai-string trick, he managed to close his window from the outside, as he started to walk by side Akio, to the training grounds.

"Hopefully, this time, we can make it last longer, huh?" Kaemon giggled to his own sentence by realizing how inappropriate it may of sounded to someone not knowing the context. Good thing there was not a single soul on the dark streets of Kiri.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Fri May 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Akio nodded and whot up on Kae's swift return, he jumped out of the window and landed quietly outside as he awaited Kaemon to do the same. Before long they were heading towarss the training field when Kaemon made a rather amusing comment and Akio couldn't help but tease "It's alright Kae, I'm sure some girls won't mind you being a two minute wonder" he was referring to how long their last spar lasted but he knew it could be taken a different way, either of which are quite embarrassing.

They were almost at the training ground when Akio turned around and started to backpedal as he raised a concern "Are you sure you're ready Kae? If you're really not ready for a spar I won't think any less of you, just know I expect you to go all out right from the begining, same as me. No hard deelings either way " He held out a hand for a handshake, which might be quite awkward given they were still moving.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 12:02 am

The whole walk to the training grounds was spent in awkward silence, especially because Kaemon was busy thinking up a tactic to fight his teammate. The last time, he had a straight close-combat approach, which ended up badly for him. Maybe he should stay away and defend himself, till he catches a chance for an attack? He couldn't help but wonder, if Akio's thinking of a tactic as well. As they entered the training grounds, Akio asked him a question of being ready or not. Waiting his whole life to say these words, Kaemon made a half-smile:

"I was born ready" he looked around. There was no-one around.

"By the way, I have an idea. Why don't we make this a full on, hide and seek game? We both start on opposite ends and then search. he asked. It was definitely more appealing then just fighting on one spot.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 1:10 am

Akio couldn't help but laugh when Kaemon stated he was born ready, he sounded so proud and excited to say those words, at least he was ready for a good fight, he looked forwards to seeing just how good his team mate was when he was in the right frame of mind.

The suggestion was quite interesting but he just wasn't feeling it and said "Eh, that will be a pain and we might get in the way of some guys. We could have a free roaming fight though, so we can move anywhere we like as we fight" he figured that would be a fair compromise, it wasn't like there was much to hide behind anyway, not near by at last.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 2:51 am

"Alright, that's cool I guess" he said, obviously disappointed that they're not gonna go with his idea, because he really wanted to hide somewhere and take a nap. He backed away a dozen meters, so the distance between him and his teammate was relatively large.

"Start when you're ready!" he yelled, grabbing out a kunai from his holster, and swirling it in his right hand.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 6:11 am

Akio smiled as Kaemon told him to start when he was ready, and start he did. He charged forwards and started to form some hand seals as he ran. He would start to form a ball of water in front of him, Kae would probably recognise the attack, only this time the ball expanded much larger than it was before.

Akio jumped up a few feet off the air and shot the bobble towards Kae's upper chest, it was quite a powerful technique so if it hit Kaemon would be in deep trouble.
SpoilerShow
*Bubble Bomb
C-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
After performing a set of seals, the user will be able to produce a bubble by condensing the water vapor in the air into a ball about three feet in diameter. Once the bubble is formed, it will then be shot at a speed of five in a single direction. As soon as it makes contact, it will explode with a force of three exploding tags, travelling a maximum of twenty meters before falling due to gravity.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 7:46 am

As he felt his adrenaline rush, Kae smiled when he saw Akio deciding to charge. It all felt like deja vu, especially when Akio formed a couple of handseals and used that old jutsu on him. Kae was well prepared for it, but this time, the ball looked rather larger then the previous one. Kaemon, not being able to think of anything else for his opener, decided to just defend himself for a while. Using the force from his adrenaline rush, he jumped back seconds before Akio launched his attack, and he was able to rotate himself vertically to gain more distance between the two once he finally landed. And when he did, he threw the kunai straight into Akio's attack, just to see what was the impact.

That would, of course, give him just the time to prepare for the attack if it didn't respond to the kunai, or if Akio managed to dodge it.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 7:51 am

Akio had expected quite a few reactions, but he never thought Kaemon would have the balls to launch an attack straight at the ball. He muttered a single word "crap" as the kunai made contact with the bubble it exploded with a great amount of force, sending the kunai away and Akio flying back a few meters.

He was going to fall on his back but he had enough about him to place a hand in the dirt to push himself up and he landed on his feet. He quickly drew his katana, breathing fairly heavily as he faced Kaemon down. It was quite a shock and his arm was quite sore from the manoeuvre.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 am

Kae was quite surprised that his move worked. As the impact sent Akio flying meters back, he smiled as he realized he had gotten more than he expected

"Told you I was ready" Kaemon shouted, a bit proud of his move, but also a bit frightened about the fact that Akio drew out his katana, which was the first time he saw him do that. Stuff's getting serious.

Not really knowing how to react to this, he drew out two more kunai and placed each of them in one hand, which he supposed was the only tactic he had. He needed to get Akio without his katana.

Hoping that it's not chakra-infused or anything else, Kae thought that two kunai should do the trick against the sword, or so he prayed. Taking a few deep breaths, he was still in his place, and waiting for Akio's attack.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 8:10 am

Akio smiled, an odd combination with the menacing look in his eyes. He waited for a second before slowly advancing, taking one step at a time, both to intimidate Kae and to buy time for his arm to regain its strength. After walking three quarters of the way there he started to sprint, only at half of his speed before kicking it up to his maximum thing when he was two meters away. He would make a standard vertical slash going down, it was a very closed strike so there wouldn't be that easy to block and counter.

He wasn't putting all his strength behind the strike though, if the strike was blocked he would swiftly step out to the right and pivot on the spot. He would attempt to land a left elbow at Kae's ear before attempting to launch a shallow slash at Kaemon's back.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 8:17 am

Kae got really scared when Akio started running towards him. He even made a few steps back, but by the time he could raise both his kunai in the air, and get a firm and strong, but shaky grip over them. That's when Akio's attack struck, and it almost came through his defense. He heard a large *clink*, which was a signal for, get the f**k out the way. As Akio stepped to the right, Kae wasn't quick enough to react. With his peripheral vision, he noticed he was going in for a physical, elbow attack. He attempted to dodge it, but he only got in even more trouble, as the attack missed his ear and hit the back of his head. He knew it was a time to move out of the place, so he attempted to just jump forward, and run a couple of meters away from Akio.

Even if he managed to do that, he'd still be reasonably dizzy from the hit, and not be able to defend himself well for a good couple of seconds.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 8:26 am

Akio was rather glad his elbow strike was more effective than he hoped for, sadly his slash missed but he knew after a hard elbow to the back of the head he would be dizzy so he was going to make the most of it whilst he could. He charged forwards after Kae and he would attempt a thrusting motion towards Kaemon's lower right abdomen. He was aiming for a relatively deep cut but not enough to keep him out the fight.

From here Akio would remove one hand from his katana and attempt to land a low uppercut towards Kaemon's solar plexus to wind him, hopefully buying him more time. If all went well he would attempt to step behind Kaemon and slam the hilt of his katana into the back of his head.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 8:37 am

Kae couldn't think of a strategy anymore, he just knew he needed to get away. He thought of launching both his kunai at Akio, but before he could do that, he felt a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. Finally getting to his senses, he looked down and saw a short cut that ripped through his shirt, that was now getting bloodier. He expected that the fight will be stopped, but Akio was dead serious. Next thing he knew, a dull pain in his solar plexus area, which sent him back on the floor. Letting out a yell, he didn't know better but to perform a low round kick, hoping that Akio wouldn't be able to approach him that way. All he knew is that he must get away, hide, and treat his wounds.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 am

As Kae fell down Akio started to advance, he was about to go down and try and stick him in an arm lock when Kaemon yelled out in pain. It shocked him a bit, he never knew the wound would hurt him so much. This caught him off guard long enough for the sweeping kick to catch him, causing him to fly face first into the mud next to kae, he even dropped his katana.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 am

Kae, seeing that this was a good situation for him, decided not to make this too easy and take away his katana, but to swiftly run away into the forest and come up with another strategy, while treating his wounds. The forest was large, and the trees were high. As soon as he entered the forest, he jumped on one of the trees, and climbed it's dry branches. The branches on the top were thick, and that's where he started to jump from one tree to another. He repeated the process until he got tired of jumping, and decided that he needs to stop for a while, since all of this jumping made his shirt soaked in blood.

Trying to be completely calm and not to produce any sounds, Kae took of his shirt. It was dark so he felt like it was the perfect hiding spot. Using a kunai, he made a one piece bandage out of his shirt, and started wrapping it around his wound. He almost let out a whimper as he tied it together, but he managed not to do it.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 9:00 am

Akio got up fairly quickly, but by the time he was up Kaemon was already gone. He knew their speed was quite even and given the distance it would take him a while to catch up. Instead he just took his shirt off and started to pick the mud off his face and out of his eyes and ears. It was a little cool but it didn't matter, he could take the temperature.

Akio would pick up his katana and sheath it before walking into the forest slowly and calmly. There was no use rushing in like a mad man, he was going to take his time, and keep his senses alert for any movement.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 10:09 am

Kaemon waited as patiently as he could on his branch. As he saw Akio carefully strolling down the forest, he took a few shuriken out of his holster, and was waiting for Akio to get in the right position. However, so concentrated on getting his teammate on target, he forgot that he had way more weight than these branches could hold on to.

A crack noise was followed by the branch breaking in half, and Kaemon let out a slight scream as he fell down, on the lower branches of the trees. Still on his feet, he attracted Akio's attention for sure, but he was still having the upper hand, simply because he was off the ground. Free to fight now that his wounds have been taken care off, Kaemon looked like his former self.

Reaching into his hip pouch, he drew one of his 2 smoke bombs out of the holster and threw it on the ground. As he let out a slight "ha!", he threw two kunai's, each on the opposite sides of the smoke that was around Akio, hoping that he'd fall into the trap.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 10:17 am

Akio had been walking for a while when he heard a cracking noise, he swiftly turned around to see Kaemon falling down, even screaming a little bit. He would be sure to tease him about that later, it was quite amusing really, a tough ninja screaming because he fell out of a tree.

He reached into his leg pouch and pulled out two shuriken, before he could throw them though, two smoke bombs hit the ground and he dived to the right. He couldn't see where he was aiming but as he was darting to the side, he threw them towards Kaemon's direction though much of the accuracy would be lost due to a lack of sight and movement.

As the shuriken left his hand, a kunai sunk itself into his right thigh, right at the front on the centre. He cured himself, he used his shirt to wipe the mud out of his eyes and ears earlier so he had nothing to bind the wound. He pulled out the kunai, letting out the tiniest of yelps, barely audible as he threw it to the ground.

He couldn't go charging after Kaemon now so he was left with one real option, he hid the other side of the tree as he watched his leg wound starting to bleed. The sight of blood didn't bother him but his leg was in quite a lot of pain and he'd rather not run on it.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 10:26 am

In anticipation to see if his attack landed or not, Kae completely forgot about his defence. That's why he didn't notice a kunai flying, but when it was meters away. He turned his body from the core, so the swift kunai flied right past him, but managed to take a scratch in his exposed left arm. It wasn't a deep cut, but it made Kae realize that he had one too many cuts today. He couldn't exactly see if Akio got injured, as the smoke was expanding, and where he'd previously thrown a kunai, now was just thick, gray fog.

However, once the smoke had dispersed, there was no sight of Akio. Did he got hit? Where is he? Kaemon couldn't help but get down from the branches on the firm ground, exposing himself. He was a still target, but his curiosity got the best of him.

The night was dark, and hours were parting them from being visible. He did hear some rustling out in the open grounds, so it seemed like there were already ninjas slowly starting their morning routines.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 10:33 am

Akio popped his head around the tree, it took him a few seconds to get focus in his vision in the dark but eventually he spotted a figure in the dark. He figured what the hell and stood up carefully and stepped out before Kaemon in the open and spoke clearly "We've both got a few injuries, and I intend to see this through to knockout or serious injury, just to get ready for our first mission. Save getting too injured, how about we end this in a nice brawl?" Without even waiting for an answer he put his uninjured leg forwards and pulled up a guard, Kaemon could probably see his injury so he wasn't trying to conceal the leg, he was just making sure his uninjured leg would be leading the way.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 10:37 am

Kaemon was glad to see that his attack hit, but in the same he felt a bit bad for hurting his friend. Seeing that Akio wanted a classic brawl, he was glad to nod in approval, because he was positive he'd have the upper arm in this. For him, this is just another clash of strength, which he felt he was superior in.

Kaemon, copying his teammate, also pulled up a guard, which he was using to protect his abdomen and slowly started moving towards him in almost a boxing-like manner, until he was close enough. Not waiting for an opening, he launched a light jab with his good, right arm, and immediately backed away from Akio, if the jab hit or not.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 10:44 am

Akio saw Kae coming towards him and he abandoned his guard and took the jab to his face which connected solidly with his nose, causing it to go red but it wasn't broken or bleeding thankfully. He didn't abandon his guard for no reason though, ignoring his pain he launched two swift and compact left hooks towards Kaemon's earlier wound, he felt a little guilty doing it to his friend, but it was a fight and targeting weak points was common sense.

He wouldn't be done here yet though, he would attempt a rather underhand but highly effective technique which wouldn't put much pressure on his leg as it was grip based. He would attempt to grab and twist Kaemon's bollocks with his right hand before following up with a few more hooks towards his wound.
SpoilerShow
*Grab and Twist
D-Ranked Taijutsu
In a similar vein as One Thousand Years of Death, this technique looks to violate the target, though in a much more painful manner. When in the opponent's vicinity, the user will fiercely grab onto the opponent's nether region (male) or chest area (female) and give it a violent twist. Generally, this causes quite a lot of pain for such a simple maneuver unless the area is heavily covered by cloth or another material and getting a grip is not possible.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 10:52 am

As his jab connected, Kae backed away, but he was soon after met with the excruciating pain, of being hit in his wound. It sent shivers down his whole body, as he released a loud cry that attracted some of the Jounin ninja. His guard was up, but weak, and he didn't even notice Akio coming in. The pain before was nothing compared what he was about to face. As he felt Akio's arm on his scrotum, he knew what was next. After he twisted it, Kae shouted even more, and two Jounin ninja appeared a dozen meters away from them.

"Hey, you guys okay?!" one of them yelled, but he soon realized that it was a spar, and him and his friend just stood there and watched how it's gonna end up.

From all the adrenaline and pain that Kae was in, he felt how anger was quickly filling his right arm with almost beast-like strenght. He launched, what was probably the most powerful hook in all of his youth, right onto Akio's unprotected temple, hoping that it will end the fight right there.

If it did get Akio off his bollocks, Kae would, barely standing on his legs wave to the guys and respond:

"Oh... we're all right"

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 10:59 am

Akio felt he was going to win as Kaemon let out a loud cry, he did feel guilty but it was needed to make sure they would stay safe in the long run. It seemed Kaemon's yelling attracted some attention but he ignored them, Akio would launch one final hook towards Kaemon's wound as his head was hit with a powerful hook.

The world seemed to become blurry and he could feel himself falling to the ground, he saw a brief, blurry glimpse of the floor before he completely passed out. Despite the pain in his leg he has an innocent smile on his face, Kaemon had really stepped up his game since last time, he was honestly quite proud of his team mate.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 11:08 am

As he knocked him teammate out, Kae felt yet another blunt hit to his wound, before Akio fell to the ground. With a hand motion, he called over the two Jounin to help the poor guy to come to his senses.

"This might of been a bit extreme" he explained, while the two took Akio and sat him leaning onto a tree, where they'd gently bitchslap him until he came around.

shinobiant

Post by shinobiant » Sat May 02, 2015 11:11 am

Akio was out cold for a good ten minutes, he came around the the sensation of being slapped. Mercifully the slapping stopped when he came around and he let out a dull groan as he rubbed his head and looked around. After a few seconds he waved over to Kae and said "Hey Kae, good work, you're quite a strong guy you know that? It's just a shame you scream like a girl when you fall or are in pain" being Akio he had to tease in some way or another, but he was showing respect for his team mate.
My charactersShow

Paraf

Post by Paraf » Sat May 02, 2015 11:19 am

"Thanks guys" he told to the two Jounin once he noticed Akio opened his eyes. The two both backed away with a nod, like it was their job doing this sort of thing. He was glad Akio was talking. He even teased him about screaming before, which Kae could vividly remember. As he stood up and picked his teammate up, he answered:

"Yeah, I'll remember that the next time I swipe the floor with ya" he said, as they both limped away from the training grounds. The sun was finally coming out, and a bunch of ninja started entering the training grounds, just as the pair was leaving.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”