[Graded]A winter wonderland!

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 am

Kinosei had made it to Blizzard Country without much trouble, it was cold, even during the day, but at least the cold didn't bite as hard as it did at night. The sun was high in the sky and with no cloud cover the air had a unnatural chill that somehow pierced his winter gear. The road he was on was fresh with snow and mud, there were tracks from all sorts of vehicles, with few foot prints. Apparently it wasn't wise to walk into Blizzard Country, however Kinosei wasn't normal. He liked a challenge and Kareki jested that it would make him tougher, it would but Kareki just liked to push the boy, and make him do stupid things.

Kinosei walked down the side of a cliff, and he could see it finally, the village that he had been searching for. It was here that he was told he could find caves with great vegetation. There were even some that would supposedly glow. Kinosei was excited, he wanted to know more about them and what kind of soil that they grew in.

He questioned the villagers as he walked only stopping long enough to ask for directions to a local guide, most of them produced the same name, yet there was a separate group of brothers had been trying to make a name for themselves as guides. However when approached Kinosei just held up a hand, "I was told that Zen'ichirou was the best and so I will be offering him my business, but thanks anyway."

To be honest the boy's tone was a bit harsh but he wasn't trying to be nice, he wanted the best guide and Zen'ichirou was said to be the very best in this village. Kinosei searched until he found the man he was looking for. "Zen'ichirou Zanto? My name is Kinosei and I am looking for a guide to take me to the cave with florescent plant-life."
KINOSEIShow
Characters
RankCharacterVillageMissionsSocials/Lonlies/TrainingsJutsu BreakdownCompanions
D-RankNaegi KinoseiSunagakure no Sato
  • S: 0
  • A: 0
  • B: 0
  • C: 0
  • D: 0
  • Socials: 0
  • Lonlies: 0
  • Trainings: 0
    • Naegi: 5
    • Iijutsu: 3
    • Suiton: 3
    • Fuuin: 3
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
GeninIsobe UyedaKonohagakure no Sato
    • Taijutsu: 10
    • Katon: 0
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Wed May 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Zanto had been holed up in his home at the time the boy entered the town. He slaved away at his work bench, an idea in mind that he wasn't even sure was possible. He was scarcely clothes, but the fire was roaring to keep the small abode warmed. A knock came at the door, “Aye?!” he hollered, not even drawing his attention away from his crafting bench for a moment. He already knew it was his sister by the uniqueness of her heart beat. She promptly opened the door, standing in the doorway with her hand keeping it open.

“Whit is it, Sister?” His sister was one of the select few who knew of his extraordinary ability, so he felt no need to feign ignorance.

“There's a lad, reeks ay a foreigner. He's lookin' fur ye. Needs a guide fur somethin'.”

Zanto stopped working, turning his gaze to his sister, “A guide fur whit?” Zanto could assume whomever it was desired to go to a cave. Surely, that would be the only time his name would be mentioned as a reputable guide.

Sure enough, his sister confirmed his suspicions, “Wants tae go tae a cave, ur somethin'.” Following the words, a shrug. It was clear she was not certain.

A deep sigh came before his next words. His eyes turned back to the work bench. He really hated to put it off, but his services were being called. “Lit me jist gie ready an' Ay will go look fur heem.” the chair slid back with a horrible moan against the stonework.

“Lest Ah saw heem, he was headin' towards th' center ay toon." she said before vanishing out the door, which automatically closed thanks to a little tinkering by the miner.

It was not long before Zanto was completely geared in his warm fur clothes, pickaxe and all and he set out to find the boy who was looking for him. Sure enough, he found the boy who was looking for him. He must have given off a signal, perhaps the purposeful walking in his direction. Spotting a foreigner in a land with very few foreigners never posed as a difficult feat. Additionally, any description of Zanto the boy had received would have made it easy to pick him out of a crowd. Whatever the reason, the boy approached him. Zanto nodded, attempting to stifle his thick accent as much as he could which takes conscious effort, “Aye 'at is me. Whit can Ah do ye fur?” and the boy introduced himself and stated his reason for needing a guide.

“Florescent plant-life, eh? Ye talkin' abit th' glowin' vines? We call 'em the Blood Vines.” The vines only grow in one cave and their glow was strong. The glow is also limited to only the flowers that sprout from them rather than the vines themselves. They were quite famous in the land, though only a select few people actually knew where they grew. "Why do ye want tae see them?"
Koizumi, KuodachiKonohagakure no SatoJounin214 Stats

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 am

That question might have stumped some, but Kinosei had practiced his deception. He didn't want to lie to the man so he told a half truth. "I am interested in viewing this cavernous flora, for study. I am an aspiring Botanist." The last part was kind of a lie, but he liked the sound of that. An aspiring Botanist, it would be a fine occupation, and from that moment on was no longer a lie. The whole time he looked the man in the eye, his mother had always told him that to pull off a good deception, misdirection, or whatever would require you look that person in the eye.

A few moments after he explained his cause, he pointed to the sky. "Do you think we will be able to make it, before nightfall. I have only spent the night outside once and I have no desire to do it again." Kinosei chuckled. He could only hope the man was willing to take him he had no desire to enter the wilds with his competition. "Oh and just so you are aware there appears to be a bit of competition coming your way. A pair of twins, they seem very adamant that you aren't the best. Seems to me they are trying to steal your business."

Kinosei needed the man to focus on something else other than him. His competition did seem fierce like they were trying to discredit the older gentleman. "I wonder what that's about Kareki... You think they might try something?" Kareki just chuckled, and Kinosei could feel the hunger growing yet again. "NO... I mean, no-thing like the present to get moving. What supplies do you think I am going to need?" Kinosei cleared his throat. "Damn you Kareki, I can't believe you! You can't thrust your hunger at me like that, not only does it creep me out, it feels like my skin is crawling."

Kinosei's heart had skipped several beats, he tried to cover his tracks by changing the subject several times, he could only hope that his potential guide didn't notice his outburst, as well as his fumbled attempts at recovering. "Oh and how much would you be charging me for this venture? I don't have much but I can give you what I have." Kinosei scolded Kareki, then finished off his conversation with a smile.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Thu May 28, 2015 6:41 pm

“An aspirin' botanist, ye say? These plants 'ill surely be a brain teaser then!” Deep down, Zanto felt uneasy about leading a foreigner to the site. He didn't want to be responsible for their desecration should the boy before him actually have other plans. Still yet, he could sense the goodness from the boy making his decision a bit easier. There was undoubtedly some oddities about the boy standing before him, yet, Zanto couldn't place his finger on them. Like the acquaintance who got their hair trimmed.

As the boy pointed to the sky, Zanto looked up, pausing for a moment. After some careful thought came his response, “Mmm. Probably nae. We can tak' th' cart system only sae far. Beyond that, the trek 'ill be a lang one. Dependin' on hoo lang yer observations tak', we'd be back in toon quite late.”

Then, Zanto heard the boy's comment of the twins. The twins. The comment caused a bellowing chuckle to come forth from the miner, “Twins, eh! Ah assure ye, Ah am th' best especially when it comes tae caves. Better than two goons who can barely fin' their beds efter a nights bevvy!” Zanto knew the twins fairly well. They were fellow miners. He'd even drank with them on a few occasions. Suppose, they could be chalked up to a rivalry, though they were hardly worth the word. They were always trying to knock Zanto down a peg. Frankly, Zanto didn't much like them, and found them to be more of a nuisance than anything else. Ever since he stepped down from mining they had tried to fill his shoes, trying to make a name for themselves in a similar way. But, Zanto didnt show any obvious detest for them, as his words were of a friendly, poking fun nature.

After clearing up that, he delegated the next course of action to the boy, “So, woods ye like tae bide till morn, 'en?” Almost instantly, the boy responded with a far more intense “no” than the situation called for. Strange, but Zanto didn't think much of it. “Alrecht. Ah can cover ourr needs, fur th' most part. Jist need tae make a stop at mah place tae pack. I've still got half a bear left in mah icebox dyin' tae be eaten!” Then, with a grimace, he remembered something the boy would need. “Ice climbin' gear.” he signed deeply before starting his directions, “If ye heed 'at a way, thaur shoods be some merchants tradin' their goods. Soon as ye enter th' circle o merchants, on yer left ye shoods see an auld geezer Wi' a scruffy face fungus. Teel em Zantae sent ye an' ye be needin' ice climbin' gear. May ask heem fur some warmer clothes as weel.” after finishing his explanation, complete with gestures, Zanto pointed to the direction of the rail system. “Meet you by the rails over yonder in thirty minutes.”

Just as he was about to step off, Zanto was met with the question of payment. Given how the society operated, it was an odd question. “Apart frae abroad merchants, we dornt generally deal in currency aroond these parts. I'll jist say, Ah am happy tae help ye thirst fur knowledge... ur somethin' like 'at.” He responded with a big smile before turning to head towards his home. He would gathered everything they would be needing for the journey into a giant backpack and be waiting at the tram system. On his door, he nailed a note saying, "Guide work has called."

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Kinosei went to the market but found that most were closed or had no interest in selling him gear. He chalked it up to being an outsider. He did eventually find himself face to face with the two twins that had offered to take him out on his maiden voyage into the mountains. He was hesitant at first but as the only supplier Kinosei literally had no other options available. Letting himself be suckered the young man gave them the last of his hard earned coin and grabbed the special gear that they had laid out for him.

Winter gear, looked to be a polar bears hide, and there were a few shiny new picks, a pair of snow shoes, spiked mountain climbing gear. He had more than enough rope for the climb and they had even packed a flint and tender. Kinosei grabbed the pack that came with it and placed the items in with care. When all was paid for the boy looked like a true mountain man, except for the beard.

Kareki whispered in his thoughts, ["Doesn't this seem a little to convenient... I mean they are the only sellers? I think it is fishy!"] Kinosei thought is was a little weird, but he had no choice in this matter, figuring that the duo had just sowed mistrust of an outcast and therefore cornered the market.

It was a brilliant plan to say the least and Kinosei silently gave them their congrats, however thanked them outwardly. He met up with his guide at the tram, but before he got there he could tell as soon as he began his trek to the mountain lift system, his range of movement was deterred. So far it wasn't too bad, but if there was a fight he would be slower than normal. He made his way up some stairs and turned a few corners and saw Zanto off in the distance.

"Hello Zanto I am ready for our trek, I am looking forward to this. Also is this the proper attire it feels kind of restrictive? Though to be honest I am not used to wearing such things." Kinosei looked at Zanto, then down at himself looking for approval in the older gentleman's eyes.

Most of the boy's gear was in his pack and all that was visible was a stark white coat, made of polar bear hide. It was heavy and the arms were slightly longer than the young mans. Inside the tanned leather was thick, making the thing weigh quite a bit. It looked like a nice coat and for the amount of money he paid it felt like a steal.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Zanto, too, had a large backpack filled with his own climbing gear, food, and various odds and ends they might be needing on the trek. His own jacket was made up of a gray fur that held white undertones. Of course, his own clothes fit him nicely, unlike the recently acquired clothing the boy sported. He gave the boy a wave as he approached the tram system. The boy would see a little critter clinging to his shoulder as he stood there. It would a appear to be wearing some kind of clothing. Tufts of her white fur would be visible underneath what seemed to be a brown bear cub camouflage.

“Aye. Shoods be a braw trek! Pure gie th' bluid pumpin'!” he would state with a chuckle. After the boy made his concerns of his clothing, Zanto moved his hand to his beard and began twirling it with his fingers, his eyes squinted as if examining. “That's aw th' auld geezer coods scroonge up, ay? Woold nae bid ye wear it if ye intended tae stay long, but it will dae fur a simple trek! It shoods loosen as ye move in it.” he made the motions, shoving his arms back and forth in his own jacket as he mentioned loosening. The coat looked well enough, but Zanto could tell it was not waterproofed with seal leather. Polarbear fur, while waterproof for awhile, eventually lose that after enough wear, unlike seal leather. “Ye almost look like a native!” once again, he bellowed out a hearty chuckle.

With that, he turned to the cart that rested behind him, “Weel, best gie movin'. We be wastin' daylecht!” he said before removing his backpack, which was slung over one shoulder, and affixing it to one of two hooks that were on the outside of the carts. There, it would dangle until their journey on the tram system came to an end. Then, he would step through the metal, inward swinging door on the side of the cart, and relax in his seat. “Hop in!” he would say, motioning to the other side of the cart. The cart had a bench like seat on each side. Generally, they were roomy enough for two to sit comfortable with plenty of legroom, though Zanto's size put that into question. They were the same carts that are used to tote minerals, designed for the multipurpose of carrying people.

Should the boy take a seat, Kiriko, Zanto's fox would immediately leap down from his shoulder to his lap and begin sniffing the air while looking at the stranger. “Be nice, Kiriko. He's a friend!” he would say before giving the lever on the left side of the cart a pull and setting the cart, with an initial hard jolt, into a smooth, quick motion forward.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Kinosei watched as the man showed him how his gear was supposed to move, and his looked nothing like that. However he took the old mans advice, and would move around in it until if felt so. The young missing nin truly had a difficult time understanding the gentleman that was his guide. He got bits and pieces that he could then string into a full sentence and then and only then would he grasp what the bear of a man said.

Kinosei would nod and then proceed to chuckle as well. Kareki however didn't too much care for the man. He didn't hate him, or even want to eat him, there was just something about their guide that Kareki didn't like. Kinosei pused passed his companions dislike

When the tram showed up Kinosei was very relieved, he wanted out of the cold and hoped that the tram would be a nice sanctuary, it wasn't. It was older than he was and possibly older than Zantou if he was being honest with himself. He kept his thought to himself, moving to the seat that Zanto had motioned towards. Kinosei sat and looked at the fluffy thing that had on the clothes made of bear fur. It was a beautiful animal, but Kinosei had truly never seen one before. His time had been spent training and studying botany. This left little time for the study of the outside world.

"What kind of animal is that?" Kinosei didn't make any sudden movements, he had seen animal companions before just nothing quite like this. Animal companions could be vicious if their master was threatened, or if the animal didn't like the company that its companion kept. When he heard Zanto speak to his animal friend his suspicions were confirmed. The animal meant to check Kinosei out, in the back of his mind Kareki spoke in his raspy voice. ["Just make sure the beast doesn't urinate on us! I hate it when they do that."] Kinosei felt the same and added that to his conversation with his guide. "So I have never seen this kind of animal before, but all animals usually have the same response to me, they usually try to relieve themselves on me. I couldn't begin to tell you why but it happens every time."

Kinosei let out a nervous chuckle and then steered the conversation elsewhere. He honestly couldn't wait to see these caves and asked how far into the cavern they would have to go. He inquired about once they got there would there be any more climbing involved. He was jabbering away, and it was nice to talk to someone else besides the voice in your head. Kareki had a chuckle at that thought, since he felt the same.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Kiriko never liked being left home alone., and she could always tell when Zanto was preparing to leave. Of course, Zanto had a soft spot for her whimpers, he usually caved and brought the pup along for a trip. “She's a wee arctic fox whelp. Foond thes lass freezin' tae death. Saved 'er life, an' we've bin best friends ever since.” The words was accompanied with acting, grabbing her and rubbing his face and beard against her, making her look completely pitiful as she dangled from his massive hands. After the helpless moments, he set her back down. She returned to sniffing the stranger, moving her black, button nose close to his knees.

As the boy made it clear that animals enjoying peeing on him, Zanto snatched her up, moving her to his hood as he spoke, “Weel, we wooldnae want that. Ah hink ah've dain weel oan potty trainin' 'er, but she is still yoong. Nae need tae test it, reit?” he chuckled heartily at the jest. She popped back up to his shoulder, staring at the stranger. It seemed as if she could tell something was odd about him, but much like Zanto, she couldn't tell what it was.

As the trip on the tracks would take awhile, Zanto would not stray away from keeping the conversation going, jabbering away right with the boy. Despite his young age, Zanto found the boy's company to be quite welcomed. His maturity seemed far past his years. He told him how the blood vines were in the far back of the cave, which was about 500 yards in. Though, once in the cave, it was simply walking. The climbing was just to get there. The trip on the tram passed relatively quick. It would have been a good half days trek should they have walked it, but it was only an hour on the tram. Were it not for the makeshift addition on the top of the mine cart, it would have been horribly chilly. Though, Kinosei was probably feeling it as the chilly wind still made its way through the cracks in the ancient machine.

Over the trip, Zanto would spend time examining the oddities in the vibrations of his new companions body, as well as the images created. There were definitely strangeness about them, but Zanto was no biologist. He didn't even know if some people from different lands had differences in their innards. Additionally, being in such close confounds, Zanto picked up on the differences of his outward appearance as well. For now, he would leave his findings undisclosed. Though, he may feel inclined to probe later. Perhaps after he kindles a bit more trust within their brief relationship.

As they approached their destination, Zanto made it clear, “Thes is our stop.” Over the horizon, the boy would see structures, much like the rock ones back in Seichou, but he would see no people. It was a small mining district no longer in use. It was completely abandoned for the time being. Of course, only until an surveyor found additional signs of minerals in the area, At which point, the district would have life breathed back into it. As the cart neared, Zanto would shove the lever into the break position and it would come to a screeching halt right at the edge of the district. He would pull the door open and step outside.

Almost right away, he would take a deep breath of the cool air, as if relieving himself of the stagnant air within the cart. Zanto hated traveling on the carts. He felt so confined and claustrophobic. Though, he never really did show it. It was simply relieving to finally be off the device. He would state, “Some quick stretches an' we'll be aff. Sittin' fur sae lang leaves mah bones stiff.” as he began a routine stretching of the muscles in various ways, starting with a toe touch, and ending with jerking twists of his back that left sickening pops in the air.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Kinosei watched this man that was in front of him, his moves, mannerisms, gestures, and phonic inflections. He found this man intriguing to say the least. The man had a lot to off in the conversation, but with his accent Kinosei sometime found it hard to keep up. He would have to travel with Zanto for a while before any of this mans speech seemed normal. He could make out a good enough percentage of what Zanto was saying to make sense of what was being said. What he didn't understand he asked to be repeated, while it was was blunt and straight forward Kinosei felt it better to grasp what The Bear as Kareki called him was saying rather than make a wrong step.

When the tram finally screeched to a halt Kinosei waited for Zanto to move, exiting after he guide did. He could hear the snaps, crackles, and pops as Zanto stretched, and when he did the same there was no noise. Kinosei often mimicked his companions, he wanted to see what they were like in social situations. When they were with a loved one, be it pet, or significant other. He studied the older gentleman until he felt that he had enough info and then continued with the conversation offering up a bit of himself. He truly didn't need the man to be on his side, but he wanted him to be for some reason. Zanto was truly the first person Kinosei hadn't mistrusted immediately since he left Suna. This mans jolly demeanor made Kinosei feel safe, and he hadn't felt that way since he left the village.

Kinosei moved to the side and looked out and surveyed his surroundings. "Where is our destination from here?" He could see mountains in the distance, the view was great but it was getting chilly. He shivered and moved to the end of the walkway, in truth he really wanted to use one of the structures and start a fire to warm up. He honestly couldn't tell why but the coat that he had on wasn't keeping out the frigid weather. Zanto had said that it would take some time for the coat to work to its fullest potential so Kinosei kept his mouth shut on the subject, and Kareki called him a child for wanting cry about the cold. In truth though Kareki wasn't happy about the situation and wanted the youngster to say something, he was just so used to chastising the young man that it came naturally.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:59 am

Of course, Zanto would not realize the cold the boy was feeling. Shivers were pretty normal, even under warm clothing. Plus, Zanto still assumed the equipment and clothing were from his good friend in the market with nothing to tell him otherwise. The appearance of the jacket looked normal enough, though it may have been lacking in thickness, or the under of the fur may have been worn. Whatever the case may be, the frigid of the area could freeze flesh if not properly kept at bay.

Letting out a deep breath, signaling his completion of stretching, Zanto pointed off into the distance, “Second peak Frae th' left abit midway up.” Now, the distance of the trek became evident. They would need to head down the current peak they were on, cross a sea of snow in the form of a low valley before finally climbing three stretches of ice and rock to the entrance of the cave. If all went well, they could make it back to the tram by nightfall. After pointing, he couldn't help but look back to the boy with a smile, “Lang way tae go!” he would say. He knew this would be the moment that the boy would either decide on canceling the trip, or fully set on continuing. He had little doubts the boy would cancel as he seemed far too intrigued by the plants.

He would then snatch his bag up, slinging it over his shoulder. "Aye ye hungry? Fur a bite, if yoo'd like. " he would question as he remembered the cuts of meat he packed. He also had nuts if the boy just wanted something little for now. Zanto wasn't particularly hungry, through he could always eat. He figured he would chalk the decision up to the boy. Should the boy decline, Zanto would continue along the path that led down the side of the current peak into the seemingly endless valley of snow, no climbing necessary. Should the boy accept, he would lead him to one of the rock hovels of the mining district.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:05 am

Kinosei was a bit famished but he had his clumps of dirt that he kept handy and pulled a small pouch from beneath his coat slightly just to show the big bear that he had prepared some food knowing that the trek would be a bit harsh. He slid them beneath the layers of his poncho and then nodded in the direction of the path. To Zanto this must have been a sight that he saw every day but to Kinosei, seeing the snowy mountains this up close and personal was magnificent. There were few plants at this site that Kinosei could examine, but he made due stopping whenever he saw a shrub to take a small sample.

"How many times have you made this trek Mr. Zanto? Also how deep does the cavern go? Have you ever followed it to its conclusion?" Kinosei was truly interested, though he was sure that very few people wanted to come here for his reasons, he assumed that the man had made this run before. Kinosei made it a point to keep talking and moving, the cold was beginning to seep in something awful, and yet when he moved it seemed to make the chill dissipate. The young missing nin trudged behind his guide making as much small talk as he could. "Do you have any family Zanto, It is me... my bra... brother... and my mother, my father passed and I don't really have a memory of him." Kinosei as well as Kareki was shocked at what had just exited his lips. He had told the truth to a complete stranger. He had stuttered a bit when he named Kareki his brother, and though it felt like a falsehood it wasn't a lie. Kareki had been given life by his mother, and thought Kareki and Kinosei shared a symbiotic relationship, they were closer than most family members. Even the Dasu could separate, and so Kinosei had called Kareki his brother.

Kinosei waited to see if the man would offer up any info about his life, but in that moment Kinosei was happy that he hadn't lied, and felt that he wouldn't for the rest of the trip seeing that he would more than likely never see Zanto again after its completion. Kareki was in deep thought, he had always figured that his and Kinosei's relationship was strictly business, though with the previous statement Kareki saw something in himself lessen. He grasped at it as it tried to leave him as it was all he had though he had to keep him sain while being trapped in this body with a pubescent boy. His anger was all he had even known and he did his damnedest not to let go.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:31 am

With a simple nod, Zanto would lead the way down the mountainside in the direction of the mountain in the distance. Of course, he would allow the boy time to take his samples of plants as he kept an eye on the surroundings. Thus far, everything looked clear, but, he knew, in Blizzard Country, rogue blizzards were not an uncommon occurrence. Meanwhile, Kiriko simply climbed down his coat and delved into his kangaroo pouch-like pocket at the front his his jacket, sticking only her head out as the trekked forth.

Zanto, of course, would entertain the conversation with great vigor, still finding the boy's company to be enjoyable. Zanto explains that he has not made the trek too many times, simply lacking reason to make it. Of course, he assures the boy that he knows the path like the back of his hand! He lets him know that the cave is old, and as a result, quite deep, but the path downward is walkable.

Additionally, he decided to tell the boy the hearsay that surrounded the Blood Vines, thinking he would find it interesting. He explained that some say the plants were grown from “magic”, being the reason they grow with no sunlight and yet create their own luminescence. Finally, as a result of their magical origins, they never wilt even when picked, and given to a loved one. All the while, Zanto would seem to fully subscribe to such lines of throught as he told Kinosei these seemingly wild myths.

When the question arose about his family, Zanto could immediately feel the sadness set in. “Sorry abit yer faither, Lad.” he would let the condolences linger before lightening the mood with a question, “Did ye tussle much wi' yer brither?” he chuckled a little at the thought. Zanto had wanted a brother to horse around with when he was younger. Always liked the sound of it. His sister never enjoyed the same things as he did, especially horsing around.

Zanto willingly offered up a plethora of information on his family, basically telling his life story. Of course, he left out any information about his tremorsense. He told Kinosei about how he was found in a cave as a little baby, seemingly abandoned. He talks about how he was adopted by the man who found him and his wife. Talks briefly about his lazy sister. All of this came before he mentioned the recent passing of his father. He would brush off any apology attempt, though it would be painfully clear that the event was still fresh with the miner.

In what would seem like no time at all, they would be at the base of the mountain. Suddenly, it would become clear as to why they needed the climbing gear. After treking up a good way, the mountain would suddenly become very upright with no path to avoid such a climb. The cliff already had the implements set to make getting the operation started much easier. After reaching the point, Zanto would question, “Sae, yoo've ne'er climbed before, aye?”

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:42 am

The question about his brother, made him kinda stutter step a bit, but he recovered quickly. He hadn't even thought about how having a brother had sounded. A traditional brother was an outward entity, but his brother was within him, a constant drain on his sanity, and at times his goals. He chuckled, "Yes we bicker, all the time actually. We are in constant competition For control!, and when ever we get together watch out. He has been known to cause some mischief." Kareki laughed, and if he had been in control, Kinosei's body would have been on the floor in a gut busting laughing fit.

Kinosei could feel the tickle in the back of his psyche, and it was compelling him to laugh as well, but he refrained not wanting to draw unneeded attention from Zanto. It wasn't until the man spoke of his own family that Kinosei could feel the sadness in himself rising, and offered up the same heartfelt apology that he had received only moments ago. The barrage of emotion coming from Kareki were still present and, just to piss Kinosei off Kareki pushed them forward. The young missing nin ran a hand through his hair, and then looked up at Zanto, a smile on his face.

"The memory of family can always bring with it a smile as well as joy." The smile faded and as much as Kinosei wanted to scold the Living Seed he didn't have the time to placate to a child's cries for attention. Kinosei had barely gotten through that by the skin of his teeth. Had he not been quick on his feet, he would have been on the ground laughing and possibly in a fight with a barrel of a man, Kareki would pay for that later.

Finally reaching the ascending portion of their trek, Kinosei dropped his pack to the ground and fished out his climbing gear. He was excited to finally get to this portion. He had never been climbing before but he was sure it would be awesome. He looked at the face of the mountain, if he was lucky he would be able to use his tree climbing technique if something went wrong but, there were some areas of ice and snow that might make that difficult.

Kinosei would follow the mans lead he looked over his gear and made sure that it was all in order. He finished quickly fastened his climbing boots, then swung his pack onto his back. He walked over to Zanto patting him on the shoulder, and with a big smile said, "Ready!"
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:48 pm

As the boy explained his relationship with his brother, he imagined that would be how his own would have been if he had a brother. OF course, Zanto would not pick up on the oddities, simply responding with, “Family is th' one greatest shoolder we can hope will always be thaur fur us.” the thought actually reinforced the sadness thinking about his father already brought him. The disowning his mother promptly placed on him following his father's death was contradictory to the statement. In one phase of his life, he lost two shoulders. Now, for all intents and purposes, he had a single family member, his sister.

As they approached the climbing area, Zanto examined the face of the climb. Pretty much the entirety of the stone had been enveloped by ice. Luckily, the permanent anchors where still usable. Someone thought ahead and drilled them deep enough to account for the prospect of ice build up. Problem was that ice-climbing differed from rock climbing in many ways. It was not for beginners, that was for sure. In the end, Zanto could likely make the climb and simply set things up to allow the boy to climb up with safety measures ensured from Zanto's end up top.

Zanto also took to readying himself for the climb. Being a, more or less, professional at climbing, he decided on the course of action for the climbs. The boy, looking up at him, made his claim of readiness. “Lit me make sure ye got everythin' sit correctly.” He said as he moved without hesitation into the boy's personal space. Leaning down, he began tugging on the harness in various places. Should the boy allow it, Zanto would take only a few moments to so. He would tighten some spots, but overall, the boy would have had everything set pretty well. For the finaly touch, he would snap rope that attached to a device onto the boys harness. Thus, they were now connected by what appeared to be a sturdy rope, though, without thinking about it, the device used was from the twins rather than Zanto's own. “That shoods do,” he said before started into a lecture on how the operation worked.

He would retrieve two additional ice axes from his pack, handing them to the boy. As he did so, he would explain to be gentle with the ice as it was an unpredictable beast. “Too much hackin', ur diggin' yer feet in tae hard an' the ice will crumble reit frae under ye.” He continued to explain that the boy should be wary of the fact that they are about to climb slippery ice. While the boots should help in traction, it would still take a keen eye to find suitable spots to place feet and avoid slipping.

“Ultimately, ye dornt hae much tae worry abit. Ah will be going up first tae sit up th' safety devices fur ye. Shoods ye fall, ye will be tethered tae both me an' th' anchors." And with the lecture at an end, Zanto simply smiled before stomping both his feet to reveal his special clawed shoes in their activated form. Immediately, he would begin up the mountainside, slamming both of his ice axes into the ice as he quickly pulled himself up to the first anchor. He would latch a tool that rest on a rope leading to the boys harness before shouting back, “Give it a go, Laddie!”

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Kinosei snatched up the lead and took his first step. The first hold was good, he let himself feel between the cracks of the ice even though his hands were covered with heavy mitts. The crack ran up the face of the climb a fourth of the way then stopped. There were spots that he could tell would be easy and those that he wondered how on earth he would make it. The climb itself was going to be exhilarating. He had always relied on his ability to water walk and tree climb to get out of these situations. This was an adventure, an uncharted zone where he had no safety net.

He paused and let Zanto make his way up the cliff face, he took note of how he chopped at the ice. He had said not too much hacking and he took his own advice, with a few hacks here and there Zanto was almost at the top. Watching him work was kind of like watching an artist paint. Kinosei was amazed at how quickly the man made it as far as he had with ease and grace, like an ice monkey.

He would make it to the top in no time and Kinosei would be up, he was sure that Zanto did this so that he could watch and train the boy on procedure as he climbed, which was a smart move seeing as this was Kinosei's first attempt at climbing on a slick surface. The boy took the picks into his hands and began the climb once he saw Zanto disappear over the cliffs ledge. He moved slow, but he did his best to follow the mans route which probably saved him some time. He had to hack three times, since his strength wasn't on par with the burly mans.

In any case Kinosei made his way up the cliff face. It was cold and damp and miserable, but the young missing nin was having a great time. In the time it took Zanto to make it halfway up the cliff it took Kinosei four times that. He searched for holds, and had forgotten several times to latch himself to the anchors that were already in place, having to reach back and secure himself before continuing. After he almost slipped the third time he never forgot again.

The halfway point was great, he celebrated mentally for a moment and then brought his foot up and slammed it into the ice. He pulled himself up and then did the same with his other foot. He got into a rhythmic repetition and was so focused that he didn't notice as the metal spikes on his shoes slid loose as he went to jam his foot into the ice once again.

He slipped and panicked, under the weight of a fall the boys rope snapped. Free falling is supposedly a grand experience for some, but for Kinosei it was not. In the seconds that he had before he hit the ice, he managed to launch a kunai rapped with wire. It was a miracle but the boy was able to thread the weapon through one of the anchors. He slammed into the ice and the wire bit deep into his hand. A green sappy mucus began to soak into the glove. The pain was horrid, but it was better than the alternative. Hanging there wasn't an option for his so he swung himself to a small ledge just to the right of an anchor. It was only temporary, and was only large enough for him to sit indian-style with his pack in his lap. He nursed his hand, "I don't know what happened, I thought my boot came off but, it seems just the spiked part did..."

Kinosei paused and stared up to the top of the cliff, he was more than halfway from his destination, he would need to get his head out of his ass if he was going to get out of this mess.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:12 pm

As Zanto pulled himself over the top of the cliff, he would peer down at the boy. It seemed he was fairing well, quickly getting the hang of it. Much quicker than Zanto did on his first climb. “Jist keep it goin', slow an' steady. Nae a race.” And with that, feeling confident in the boy's ability, Zanto would turn towards the next cliff. He was in the first safe zone, a ledge. The cliff the boy was currently climbing was the smallest of the three, good for a first climb to acquire a taste for the sport. The second was the largest, going on a long way. This one still had rock present along with a great, rough surface that would make climbing easier, but, the height would be far more burdening on endurance.

He would continue raveling the rope which Kinosei was attached to, ensuring that any fall would ultimately be halted fairly early on with Zanto as the anchor. Additionally, his traveling companion was also attaching to the anchors. So, the metal anchors as the first of the fail safes, and Zanto as the second. Zanto began setting up the first stretch of the next climb, not climbing any higher, but getting the gear set up at the base.

Suddenly, Zanto felt a hard tug on the rope before it suddenly went limp again. Zanto's heart sank deep into his abdomen. He could sense the boy falling by the quickly descending vibrations of his heart. Both fail ropes broke! How was that possible?! Zanto, acting quickly and fearlessly, with a few quick tugs on his own anchor rope, threw the knotted circle around a nearby rock protrusion before running, ready to dive over the cliff edge. He would likely be too late, with no way of catching up, but he would not let the boy fall to, potentially, his death without at least trying!

Suddenly, the boy's direction chanced before Zanto felt the hard landing vibrations when the boy somehow made it to a protrusion of ice. Zanto, his heart racing with adrenaline, stopped just short of launching himself over the cliff edge, peering down to where the boy sat, nursing his wound. A great sigh of relief would come seeing the lad was safe. “Oh, thank goodness! Are ye alrecht, laddie?” he would holler down. “I'll pull ye up! Lit me get ye a rope!” He would immediately see to doing just that. Moments later, a rope would be lowered for the boy, a fancy knot making a loop at the bottom for foot placement and another further up for a hand grip. Upon reaching the top, Zanto would barrage him with questions, ultimately asking, “Whit happened?” before finally saying, “Perhaps we shoods go back. Ah can come by anither day, when yer hain heals, an' get everythin' sit up tae simply pull ye up th' moontainside.” He would need a little convincing from the boy to continue this journey.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:15 am

Kinosei wrapped the rope around him, and once he reached the top he already knew that Zanto was more than likely going to try and cancel the expedition. Kinosei would refuse and state that, "I realize that I almost died here, but I need you to know that I do plan to go on this expedition with or without you. It was my fathers dream to see the flora that resides in these caves, and while I never knew him I feel that I must complete his work. So that I might feel closer to him."

Kinosei was seriously playing towards the mans love for his father in this instance, he lowered his head at certain intervals and spoke softly as if wounded. He didn't want to lie to Zanto, but half truths weren't really lying were they... He had never met his father that much was true, however the man was no botanist. Kinosei didn't even know what his father had done before his untimely demise, for all he knew his father was a ninja, or maybe a traveler from another country. His mother had never talked about him, and he had never asked.

"You could have been cooked up just like I was don't forget that, just because she birthed you doesn't mean that you weren't an experiment..." Kareki's raspy voice chimed in making the boy feel insecure about his place in the world with a single sentence. His hand was dripping a greenish sap when he unwrapped it, and he held it out in front of him. He hadn't thought about it, or maybe he had in the back of his mind he had wondered if he was a lab rat. She had been so secretive, and kept him in the dark about his past. Not only that she kept him to his studies and training night and day not allowing much chance for play or friend making.

In that instance he decided that he would be what and who he wanted to be, no more lies. Zanto had probably seen the boys wound by now. It would look foreign, nothing akin to a normal wound, there were hairline crack marks around the wound instead of bruising similar to crack lines that happen to warped and mistreated wood. The wound oozed a lawn green sap that was sticky to the touch. Upon closer examination there was an indication of grain that could also be found in lumber. Kinosei stood and took a step forward.

"If you decide not to take me after this I will understand, but I must tell you something. I lied to you earlier! I am not the son of a botanist. I am not sure what I am at this point suffice to say that I am not of flesh and blood. I do know that I have the characteristics of a plant. I get nourishment from the sun, soil, and water, and sometimes when Kareki takes over I eat meat. I was implanted with something as a child and the thing I was implanted with was also alive. The brother I told you about earlier, he is within me, and his name is Kareki." Kinosei ran his fingers though his dreads and look up at the sky realizing how all of this sounded. Before he began again he took a deep breath and looked at his burly companion. "Sounds crazy I know. I am not sure why I am telling you all this, you could kill me where I stand, but I think I have ceased to care about that. The woman who created me... my... my mother she wanted me to hide who I was, and I have lived in fear. I was basically instructed not to let anyone find out my secret, but I don't really want to live that way anymore. I am tired of hiding and running from who or what I am. How am I to give my all in a world if I can't be who I want to be."

The boy paused long enough to gauge his guides reaction and if it wasn't hostile he would continue. "What I told you about my father was true, I didn't know him, and I am not even sure I had a father to be honest. He was no botanist or at least if he was I have no knowledge of it. Truth be told I am the one that is interested in plants because I want to find out what I am, and why I am here. By coming to this cave I am hoping to find some answers. I found some notes of hers when I was younger which describes florescent plant life, so I believe she came here, or at least used some of these plants in her research. If these are the plants she spoke of then maybe I can learn a bit about myself."

Kinosei hoped the man was going to help him but he had no way of knowing. With his hand re-bandaged he smiled and focused on his near death experience giving Zanto a chance to absorb all he had just laid at his feet. He pulled up the rope that had snapped and under careful scrutiny he could see cuts in several places. This rope was made to break, sabotage. With proof that the rope was faulty he went to his boots. He was missing the metal claws on his right boot, they had slid out of the metal housing, and sure enough Kinosei found the latch that snapped if given enough force. He estimated that it would have taken him about twenty times to slam is boots into the icy mountain before the metal latch broke and the teeth slid free.

He had bought this from the twins, and let that be known to Zanto, before they continued. "Looks like your competition is trying to discredit you. If enough people die on your expeditions you will be out of business." Kinosei moved over to Zanto, wondering what the man's next move was.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:03 am

As quick as Zanto mentioned canceling the expedition, the boy spewed words of protest. He seemed to care little of his near death experience as he made his resolve clear. Additionally, he gave information about his reasoning for such a trip to blizzard country. Mentioning his father certainly accomplished the goal. Zanto's own father came into his mind, the wound still fresh on his heart. Who was he to keep a boy from completing his father's dying wish? It was a touching thought. As much as Zanto wanted to cancel the trip, he could continue with a little work.

As he was bout to concede his approval for continuing the trip, the boy began unwrapping his wound. It was immediately apparent that the boy was no normal boy as the liquid that seeped from the deep cut was bright green. It was an astonishing sight to behold. Was he some sort of alien? He had noticed the oddities throughout the time they had spent together. His appearance, his hair, the vibration images, all had their oddities. By this point, Zanto knew he was different, but the green ooze that seemed made it all real in that moment.

Zanto stared at the boy's hand as it was revealed, “Whit th'..?” right then, the boy stepped forward and began speaking. The reveal of the lie about his father and reason for wanting to continue so badly, along with the half truth about his brother, were rescinded in the words. With that came and explanation for the green blood. As the boy continued to speak, Zanto simply propped himself against the mountainside and listened, his eyes set on the strange boy. With a blank face, he simply stared, listening to every word. The boy would find no hostility from the miner.

As the boy finished in laying everything out in the open, Zanto would simply turn his gaze towards the beautiful sight that behold them as they perched on the crack in the mountain. He wouldn't say a word, truly taking a moment to sift through all the information for a reaction. He assumed much of what the boy had to say was a result of the same magical chakra stuff he has had the pleasure of witnessing from Taro and the spirits. Seems the stuff truly was all around him, littered throughout the world, with most never even finding out about it. Strange that he has encountered so much in such a short time. Yet, his own power was likely a byproduct of the magically world without him even realizing for much of his life. His situation was quite similar in the secretive aspect. He has largely kept his ability to himself apart from a select few people, for fear of scorn.

Finally, only a moment after the boy turned to himself, Zanto spoke, keeping his gaze off in the distance. “Ah am nae surprised as ye might think.” His gazed turned to the boy, the familiar smile returned to his face. “Ah've me own secrit as weel. While, nae nearly as complex as yoors, Ah can definitely relate. Ah was born with a sixth sense tae vibration. Ah see them all aroond me all th' time in mah mind. When yer heart beats, when ye talk... Ah can see those vibrations in yer body.” The boy before him was now one of the very few who knew of Zanto's secret, but Zanto felt compelled to return the trust the boy had just shown him. With a deep sigh, Zanto continued, “So, needless tae say, Ah am nae going tae hate ye coz of whit ye have told me. Ah am honored ye foond me worthy of yer troost in tellin' me all of thes.” Now, his intentions were clear. After a short pause to let it set for Kinosei that he had an ally in a field of what seemed like enemies, he would make it undoubtedly clear, “We will continue thes trip, one way ur anither. If Ah can help ye reveal th' secrets that surroond ye life, Ah will dae everythin' in mah power tae dae sae.” He would save his questions for the boy for the time being, though he had quite a few. His main question.. could Kareki actually hear him?

“Now 'en, lets see that boot of yoors.” The rope, Zanto had replacement for, but the boot would need fixing. Luckily, Zanto was quite the tinker and handyman. With any luck, he'd be able to quick fix the boot to at least allow it to hold for the rest of the trip. He would make his complaint before getting to work on the boot, “I dornt ken why ye didn't get th' gear frae th' auld man Ah told ye aboot! Those twins are trooble.” Granted, Zanto would never have thought they would take it this far. They nearly cause a boy to fall to his death! He would see to a fitting end for those twins as soon as he was back. For now, though, he had to see this trip through to the end.

As Zanto sat down, examining the boot, Kiriko, who is known to be able to sleep through anything, popped her head out of the pocket with a small yawn. Seems the situation had woken her, or she just wasn't tired anymore. She would begin looking around at her surroundings. Either way, she was wide awake now. Her eyes landed on the stranger before she hopped from the pocket and began making her way over to the plant like boy. What were her intentions? She had to pee of course! She just woke up, after all. Zanto, being completely into the repairs on the boot, was far too enthralled to may any attention to his pet. Kiriko would waltz over to Kinosei and, if not prevented in some way, would proceed to try and relieve herself on him.

Zanto, using his ice axe, clinked away at the broken latch. His intentions were to jury rig the contraption. It only needed to last through the next two climbs. The trip down would be much easier, no crucial need for spikes. After a few solid moments, the repairs would be finished, essentially bending the metal together to create a very makeshift latch. It could probably be uncomfortable to wear, but it would hold.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:01 am

Kinosei was surprised to learn about Zanto's skill, but it would be handy when learning if someone was lying. That made Kinosei curious if Zanto could tell when he lied. ["No you idiot, he can't I am your heart, and its rate is controlled by me only if I lie will he be able to tell. I have never had to lie though, you do it well without me! That wench taught you well."] Kinosei nodded outwardly, and then on instinct looked at Zanto to see if he had noticed. The young nin felt a chuckle lingering in the back of his mind and it took only a minute for it to surface. It was poorly timed as it so happened when he chuckled he was being urinated on by a young snow fox. He took two quick steps to the left towards the cliff wall watching as the animal turned white snow into yellow snow.

Kareki laughed and Kinosei sighed, that hadn't happened in a long time, but even so it had happened one time too many. Kinosei was interested to know if Zanto had been experimented on but the man was so engrossed in his work that the young missing nin didn't want to disturb him. Kinosei took some snow and used it to clean off his other boot, the smell of urine was not the most appealing. He could only imagine his mother and what she would do were she to learn what he had told Zanto. She would learn about it though because he would tell her once he met her in Tea Country. This was just a detour, and he was interested to learn about his condition.

once his boot was fixed Kinosei would try it on and sure enough it was uncomfortable, but it was good enough that he would be able to climb, plus there was rock visible on this part if all else failed he could use his wall walking to help him scale at least part of this, too bad it didn't work on ice Kinosei would have had fun with that. He shivered a bit as he stomped the boot on the ground to check its durability, he had faith in Zanto but falling wasn't a great sensation.

The path up this next part was clear, there were two ledges one two thirds up the cliff and then the final, after that they only needed to make one more climbing attempt and they would be done with this part of it. Kinosei had been intrigued by this at first now he missed his ability to climb without the use of ropes. Kinosei wondered is Zanto knew how to climb without the use of ropes if not he would have to teach his burly friend some of his tricks if he was willing to learn. He would question the older gent about his experiences with jutsu, what he knew and if he would like to know more.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Post peeing, Kiriko would begin making awkward fox calls as she meandered back to Zanto. It was her way of begging for some attention. Zanto would not be swayed, of course, as he worked on the boot. Kiriko would quickly give up and plow her face into a pile of snow until Zanto noticed. Upon completing the quick repair, Zanto would finally see the cub freezing her face off in the snow to show her detest for being ignored. As he handed the boot back for Kinosei to try, Zanto would reach over and snatch the she-fox from the snow, “Whit ur ye daein' lassie? was Ah ignorin' ye again?” He would begin the atrocious baby speak, “Ah'm sowwy, ye wee cutie!” She would proceed to perk up, licking his cheek and making a few more fox noises. Zanto would give her a little peck on her nose before setting her on his shoulder and saying, “Ye can ride haur noo 'at ye ur waukin'!” Before setting her on his shoulder and getting the gear ready for the next climb. It was clear his accent was even thicker when not talking to Kinosei, obvious that he toned it down whenever talking to the boy for his sake.

Upon the boy's approval of the boot repair, Zanto would declare, “Haur we go then!” With a few more minor adjustments of the gear, Zanto would begin the climb up, delving his tools into the ice and making his way up at a steady pace. There would be a good deal of rock surface the boy could use wall walking on, should he choose to do so. The climb, this time, would hopefully complete without any unfortunate events. The boot, though uncomfortable, perhaps even causing rubbing that might result in a blister, would be bearable and would hold together. The ropes being used, no longer the ones Kinosei received from the twins, would not snap with light pressure, or even heavy pressure at that. They were enough to hold Zanto, after all. as he climbed, Kiriko would delve her small claws into Zanto's shoulder, though they would not pierce the fur coat. She would cling on, occasionally making noises if Zanto moved too abruptly.

As they climbed, Zanto would ask his own questions along with answering any from his companion. He would return the questions about knowledge of chakra as well as the question of where he learned it from in the first place. Zanto had a feeling that the boy he originally learned about the existence of chakra told half truths and lies. So, there was no telling what knowledge he knew was actually correct and what was entirely wrong. Additionally, Zanto would question about Kareki, the seed within him. He just wanted to know how that generally worked. Could the seed hear him and respond?

To the questions about Jutsu, Zanto would not hesitate to make his ignorance known. “Donae ken a lick of that magic. Ah've only seen it in action on a few occasions.” To the offer of teaching, Zanto would be very interested, “I'd loove tae learn, if ye hae time tae teach me.” For Zanto, an opportunity to learn how to use magic was far too useful to pass up. As it stood, his ability seemed like some nature of a fluke instance of innate magic. It was not learned, nor did it add to his knowledge of chakra. Zanto simply had his pickaxe and his well honed body. He didn't even know how to tap this apparent energy source he had within him. The prospect of learning actually excited him. His sources of this type of knowledge were limited. One he had not seen in some time and the other was always too busy.

Finally, they were at the surface below their last climb. This last one was going to be the easier, as least for Kinosei. The path up seemed to have recently been freed of the ice that once coated it. It was almost entirely rock surface, easy to walk up, but the smoothness of it would give Zanto the most trouble of the three.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Kinosei was actually exited that he would actually have someone that he could confide in as well as actually talk with. He had only had his mother and Kareki growing up. Kinosei didn't bother showing off his ability to walk on walls, he felt that it would be in poor taste seeing as his new companion couldn't perform such skills. "As for your questions about Kareki. Yes he can hear you, and he can answer through me, if I am asleep or unconscious. Though for some reason while unconscious he can't move our body. It is my guess that he isn't networked throughout the entirety of this body. Yet anyway it is something that he is aspiring towards, and since we are stuck together I see no reason not to help him." Kinosei smirked at that last bit, yet Kareki wasn't amused.

Kinosei had been working on a technique that would allow him to sleep and let Kareki take hold. This wasn't too far fetched he just needed to effect the right part of the brain and cause a comatose state. "I do have to admit I am afraid to let Kareki loose, he has never had control for more than a few hours. I am usually at the forefront. I am kinda scared I won't come back." He voiced his fears plainly not wanting to hide anything, even from Kareki, who just smiled devilishly within the boys mind. "It would do you well to be cautious... Brother! Was all he said, then there was an eerie silence that gave Kinosei chills.

In any case the young missing nin, would move up the mountain following after Zanto, watching him as he reached out and grabbed certain hand holds. Some were too miniscule for Kinosei to grab and so from time to time he did use his technique. He was amazed that the mountain man could get his beefy fingers into some of the crevasses and dips that the mountain provided, as well as pull himself up by them. This is what life was like without ninjutsu, it was an interesting and hard life and he would have never learned this without witnessing here.

"Perhaps when he are done with all of this I can teach you something, I don't have anywhere to be for a while. Let me know If not I can always come back and visit." The thought that he had a friend that he could come back and visit with was more than amazing, he would have to tell his mother, and she wouldn't be pleased but he cared not she would have to get on board cause he was going to visit Zanto whether she liked it or not.

When Kinosei reached the top of the second climb he was almost out of breath, the air was getting thinner he could tell. He managed to pull himself over the ledge, and prepared himself for the next climb. He was ready to see the caves so he didn't want to waste any time with a delay. He had one near death experience, and he had made a friend all in all today was a good day, and as soon as they got to the cave it would hopefully get better.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:37 am

To have something of a parasite growing in your own body, calling it a home. It seemed like a trouble Zanto would never willingly accept. The feeling of fear would only begin to describe what Zanto might feel in a similar situation. Of course, he didnt know Kareki or what kind of being he maintained within the boy. He didn't know if the seed was some kind of benevolent being, or a more mean spirit. Regardless, to be forced to share a body with anything would be a pain, at least in Zanto's mind. “That woods be scary. Ah woold nae be fond ay lettin' anythin' tak' control of mah body, but Ah suppose yer situation is quite different...”

To the offer of teaching, Zanto quickly accepted, “That woods be great! Since Ah first saw the magic, Ah was curioos if Ah coods ever learn it meself.” In excitement for the possibility of learning the magic, he suggested, “Hoo about we start in the moorns, after a good rest?” Of course, that prospect assumed a happy end to this ice climbing trip, but Zanto expected nothing less. Zanto took a break before the final climb to catch his breath. It was hard work, even for a man of his stature to climb a vertical surface. However, he enjoyed nothing more than stretching his muscles. Since ending his work in the mines, he did not get to do so enough. His muscles would soon turn to flab if he kept on that path!

After the short break, he looked to Kinosei, “Lest one! Then, jist a trek intae th' cave an' ye will get tae see th' Bluid Vines, an' maybe learn somethin', aye?” With a smile, Zanto would turn to the cliff face and begin the climb. This climb was almost entirely rock, giving less use out of the ice picks. Zanto would climb with one with his axes sheathed. As he began up the side of the mountain, he would jest to Kiriko, who sat on his shoulder, “Yoo shoods climb thes yerself, pup. Sae lazy!”

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:43 am

This cliff face wasn't as bad and to quicken things up a bit seeing that Zanto was making good time Kinosei decided to break with his rule and use the tree climbing technique. He was to the top in a flash moving out of the way of any ice obstructions and finding a clear path to his destination. Soon he was at the top and trudged down the path as quickly as his tired legs would allow. He could see the cave in the distance, and he stopped just at its maw not wanting to enter without the company of his new friend.

The opening to the cave was quite large, big enough to fit an army though, but Kinosei could see that it thinned out about thirty feet in to almost single file. The veins must have been near the caves main opening due to a faint light that exited the cavern. Kinosei would have to take a sample and hopefully find a use for it, as well as learn something about himself.

As soon as Zanto was with him he would make his way to into the rocky grotto. He was right about having to move single file, the cave narrowed, and around certain corners Kinosei was surprised Zanto was still with him. He would not have been hurt if the old man told him to go on and that he would meet him back at the entrance.

Kinosei turned a corner and the room before him brightened. There was florescent foliage everywhere. Kinosei hurried and took a sample before he forgot. But the young man was in awe at what he saw. It was as bright as a sunny day in this cavern, and not of the plant life looked as though it had even been disturbed. Kinosei thanked Zanto profusely, bowing to the older gentleman and then walked though the garden, examining all he could.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Zanto would be amazed by the boy walking up the mountainside, his jaw dropping in astonishment. “Think ye will hae tae teach me that one!” he said with a chuckle. To be able to walk up walls, now that was something. Of course, Zanto would continue the normal people climb, the fatigue setting into his muscles on the final climb. It was tough work to pull such a thick body up a mountainside. Even if he was strong, his muscles only held so much stamina to continue the intensive task.

He pulled himself over the top of the cliff a short while after the boy made it. Kiriko would immediately leap from his shoulder, excited to be on the ground again. She never liked climbing with Zanto, but always refused to be left at home. She would just stand there for a moment, staring at the ground in a strange way. Of course, Zanto knew she likely felt a little sick to the stomach, as she usually was. He would give her a moment, lying down himself on the snowy ground. “Give me a moment, laddie!” he would call out. Kiriko would give the sign to continue, leaping onto his chest. “Okay! Time tae go, Ah got it!”

Zanto would follow behind the eager boy as he trekked right into the cave. It was practically a straight shot to the vines, of course, the cramped conditions only a few meters in left the miner struggling to fit. He would fit though. Despite not being fairly certain this boy was not seeking to desecrate the legendary plants, he loved seeing them himself. Rarely making the trek, for obvious reasons, this trip was a treat for the miner.

Once they turned the corner, it would be clear why that was the case. The cramped path opened into a large, hollowed out room in the rock. The area had been largely untouched by the hands of man, and nature took its own course. At the far end of the cavern, a pool of water rippled forth as a small flow from the ceiling trickled forth. It was no waterfall, but it was the source of the water. The walls would be noticeable slick with moisture, the entire area bringing a humid, but lovely scent to the nose.

Zanto watched as the boy charged forth with great excitement. They made it, after a nearly catastrophic event. The sight made it all worth it for Zanto. The happiness in Kinosei's eyes was more than enough of a payment for Zanto. Plus, he made a friend on this journey. Despite his young age, he held deeply embedded secrets which Zanto could relate to. He would nod to the boy as he bowed, “Take yer time. Fin' out as much as ye can. Th' joorney back will be far easier, Even shoods th' sun go doon.” He was not about to rush the boy when this was an opportunity for him to learn about himself.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Kinosei was so over whelmed, he had been here for less than an twenty minutes and already he bouncing from place to place trying to get a look at all of the plants that were inside this magnificent cavern. Not all of the plants were florescent, and the ones that weren't looked amazing as the lights danced off of them creating gorgeous shadows that waltzed on the ceiling and walls. Kinosei was so star struck that he had almost forgot that he was not alone.

He maneuvered a few samples into some of the pouches located in his poncho, and the boy still wanted to take more with him, but he couldn't without disrupting the natural habitat and ecosystem. Since becoming a plant he had learned a lot about what it meant to disrupt the growth/maturation of a plant. Not only did his clan teach him this but Kareki as well.

Despite being younger that Kinosei by a few years the symbiotic plant seemed to know what it was talking about, and while the Living Seed still messed with Kinosei, he had yet to drive the boy into a situation that was detrimental to his health. To be honest Kareki felt that Kinosei did that enough for the both of them.

With several samples at least five under his belt the young missing ninja decided it was time to go. The sun was setting and Kinosei didn't want to traverse this place at night. He was happy to have visited this place, he took one last look around and sighed, taking it all in. This was not a sigh of frustration this was a sigh of relief.

He would take a look at his mothers notes and see what he could find out about his childhood. Kinosei didn't know what was the truth anymore, and if we were being honest with ourselves he didn't care. After a moment of silence the boy nodded to Zanto that he was ready to leave.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
    N/A

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:28 am

Zanto gently picked one of his own fluorescent flowers. This was the first time he picked a flower, but he wanted something to remember this journey by. As the myth goes, these flowers never wilt, so this will stand as a permanent reminder. The travel posed as a milestone for both parties involved. Kinosei may find out more about his origins, as well as revealed a deep dark secret to a stranger. Zanto revealed his own secret, as well as befriended someone who could teach him about chakra and, as a potential result, the origins of his own secret. Zanto knew, since learning of the existence of chakra, that his own power found its source in the magical energy.

Now, the boy gave him the signal that it was time for the journey back. Zanto expected the boy to take longer, but it seems he just gathered a few samples to study later. That worked well, as the temperatures would only further plummet with the suns decent. Ideally, given the decent time they had made, they would be able to made it halfway through the tram ride before darkness would be upon them. “All set then, laddie?” with confirmation, Zanto would squeeze back out of the cavern with Kiriko in tote. The journey down the mountainside would be much easier, as it was only a matter of climbing down rope rather than climbing up ice. A trek back across the snow and a ride on the tram and they were arriving back in town only a short while after the sun vanished from the skyline.

“Weel, apart frae th' near death experience, Ah hope Ah was a good guide.” He said with a hearty chuckle as he exited the cart. Then, he would begin explaining to the boy how to get a bed for the night complete with gestures. “Now, if ye go up th' road, ye will see a sign fur th' “Sleepin' Giant Groghoose”. They hae beds thaur. Look fur a blonde lass by th' nam ay Yuki. Teel 'er Zantae sent ye an' she will sit ye up fur th' night, Aye?” Zanto just hoped that this time the boy would listen to him after the near death experience that resulted from not listening to the miner.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:34 am

Zanto hadn't lied about the trek back it was way easier that the trip up the mountain had been, Kinosei was sure that he would be able to find his way back to the cave as he marked it in his book. Before they took off he managed to shove a feew clumps of soil into his poncho for later.

The tram ride was calming and nearly rocked the boy to sleep, he's had a long day and was ready for some sleep. It was even better when the his new found companion told him about an inn where he could get some shut eye. With his day now done and saying farewell to Zanto the boy made his way to the inn that the man had suggested.

He swung open the door only to find the twins sitting at a table playing cards. They both exchanged glances and then made a quick retreat past the young ninja, Kinosei just smiled. Knowing that starting anything in a town he wasn't familar with could end up very badly, plus he just wanted to sleep. He requested a room and when his head his the pillow his vision faded to black. Even Kareki was tired from the days ordeal, and decided not to roam, plus if he had he would probably have killed the twins, and it would look really bad if they turned up missing, the day after he had purchased gear from them.

Surprisingly the symbiote didn't want to upset Zanto, knowing that any wrath that came down on them might hit Zanto as well and this was his home. Kareki didn't want to take that away from him and he didn't want to lose the only friend that he and Kareki had ever known. They were both fast asleep in no time with a free room for the night thanks to dropping Zanto's name.
KINOSEIShow
Characters