[Graded][PB] Colliding Mercenaries -- Dogs of War

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Chikara sighed, he knew that meeting would have to go smooth or else they would lose out on another deal. Chikara didn't have the fondest memories of Yutaka growing up in Konoha yet he knew of their clan and how well they could handle close quarter combats, which meant that he would spot him where he failed to impress. Chikara knew that he would most likely cause trouble for Yutaka but if they managed to complete the mission then he would make certain that he got payed well and even got a more stable job.

"Remember, this isn't Konoha so be sure not to overstep your boundaries, we don't have back up or a kage to yell at us for fucking up. It's just us out here." Chikara had found Yutaka out by some random village, since he recognized him he felt that it was worth bringing him along.

The mission they were handed was classified as a high ranking mission, for the client they were payed to protect was known for causing trouble, meaning that since two mercenaries was payed to protect him then shit was going to hit the fan. All they knew so far was that they got payed once they reached the village he was located in, they would get further details once they entered his palace, which was a good way to go.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 am

Yutaka was close behind, letting Chikara lead the way. Naturally wary of strangers, even ninjas he had known from his village days, he was not about to extend any vulnerabilities to the former shinobi of Konoha. Tsume moved beside him, making doubly sure of this. The canine's stubbornness and hostility towards strangers made Yu look like a beacon of friendliness.

"I know," Yutaka responded sharply, patting his ninken on the head. Maybe when he was younger and more hopeful, he would have thought the Hokage had his back. What a joke.

The brown-haired man glanced at the Nara, his inquisitive nature flaring up. He wondered, for what reasons did his brother's former comrade leave the village? As a kid, the Inuzuka had never understood the desire of wanting to leave home, leave your family behind, until he himself had left. But every rogue ninja's story was different. He wasn't interested in forging any bond with this guy, but he did want some kind of grasp on just what kind of ninja he was working with.

What was a delicate way to ask? Did it matter? From what he did know, Chikara was a right asshole.

Deciding to be forthright, Yu asked, "Why did you leave the village? I'm not looking for your life story, but I want to know what kind of person you are if we're going to be working together."
Inuzuka, Yutaka - A-Rank Missing Nin

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:29 am

Chikara rested his arms behind his head as he took lead, he knew that he didn't have to fear being attacked by any random stranger at the moment as no hunter would be able to sneak up on an Inuzuka and his dog. He chuckled as he shook his head, he didn't think that this mission was going to be tough, he just didn't like to do everything on his own.

Chikara turned to face Yutaka as he spoke to his dog before he cracked his neck and chuckled, he still couldn't believe that they talked to their animals. Saying words as if they truly understood each other, or maybe they did? He was able to manipulate shadows (If he knew how to work with Ninjutsu) so why would it be strange that they could speak to their dogs? Chikara shook his head as he listened to the Inuzuka.

He was backing towards the village in the same speed and kept his eyes on Yutaka. "Yeah, so. . Now you want to know huh? Well! Basically, shit was boring in Konoha, parents passed away and I had fuck all things to do. So I thought. . Why not step outside and start a mercenary business. . See all the great countries out there and not rot away inside walls doing god knows what for other reasons than your own. I hate not being in the knowing circle you know?" Chikara shrugged as he turned around.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:39 am

Yutaka almost staggered in his footing. Chikara Nara had left the village... because he was bored. Yutaka could help but smirk, and an incredulous chuckle soon followed suit. A Nara who actually wanted to see the world... how incredible.

"That's pretty unlike your Clan, isn't it?" the Inuzuka mentioned, riding on the coattails of his laugh. He wasn't judging, though. Yutaka himself had begun to feel a bit out of place within his family, especially with his... unrealistic ambitions. Or perhaps it was only next to his brother, Isuma, that Yu looked cool-headed? The man's smirk faltered.

As for knowing everything he could, wouldn't the be easier in the Hokage's office? Not even as the Kage, but even as an assistant? Chikara must have been imagining a pretty big circle.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am

Chikara shrugged, he knew that he was very unlike most of his clan members, the very thought of being compared to those lazy bastards got him riled up, yet all he could do was laugh for he was exactly the same. In fact, the only reason he worked was so he could hang back and be lazy, it was just that he wasn't going to be the shadow of a Kage he didn't want to risk his life for.

"Yes, that is true, but what I do know is that I am not someone's shadow. I will not lay down my life for something which I know nothing of. . . That's why I'm not like my clan." Chikara shook his head as he looked down at his shadow, it was a metaphor which only a Nara would understand.

"How about you beast boy, why did you leave the village? Not enough variety in dog food for ya?" Chikara chuckled, he loved to mess with people, especially if it was essentially harmless.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:58 am

"So a master of shadow jutsus doesn't want to be someone else's shadow? Go figure," Yu mumbled dryly, humoured by what he was learning about the missing-nin.

He was startled, however, by the eerie familiarity of his reasoning. The two former Konoha shionbi both, essentially, left because of the Hokage, in that... neither wanted to die for them. Supposedly, neither really... respected them.

Tsume growled angrily beside him when the Nara decided to tease, but the Inuzuka was easy to shrug it off. It was no different than hearing it from the academy kids. If Yutaka still let comments like that bother him, well... maybe he was never Hokage material.

"Politics," the man grunted simply, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Kind'a... same as you. Not really eager to lay down my life for someone who's never made eye contact with me."

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 pm

The dogs growl did not escape Chikara's ears, so another chuckle escaped his lips as he turned around yet again. A smile grew on his face and once Yutaka finished his answer he would clap his hands. "Thank you" Chikara chuckled once again, this was all true, to die for someone you had no clue about was the worst. At least mercenaries could chose their work or not work at all.

It wasn't about loyalty, it was about the fact that they were raised to see things one way and one way only. You die for your village, you die for your Kage, even if you don't know who he was. Chikara shook his head and turned around yet again as they were nearing the village.

"You know, you and I aren't so different Yutaka, if only you could realize it while you are on top, then maybe we can work some magic together. All I can promise you is money and that you get to explore the world. Gather some knowledge and eventually maybe meet a woman that you can settle down with. . " Chikara chuckled once again. "Or man? Dog? Whatever gets you hard!" Chikara busted out laughing, this was good, for when the mission started there wouldn't be anymore laughter.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 pm

"I am noticing it," Yutaka countered, "and it's making me feel gross." The man's tongue poked out of his mouth and the skin between his eyes scrunched up. Tsume whined beside him, and shot another bark at the Nara who was leading them.

His repulsed expression exaggerated as Chikara burst out laughing. Akin to the comment on dog food, Yutaka wasn't sure whether it was worth entertaining a response. Romantic partners with a dog..? He could actually throw up. "...Listen, I'll play wingman for Tsume, but that's it. Human women for me. Though, I can't imagine there are queues of them eager to settle down, or even hook up with a missing-nin," Yutaka scoffed. Romance had never been at the forefront of his brain, aside from a few suppressed years as a teenager, but the thought of anything blossoming now, with the path he had taken? He'd had enough with unrealistic dreams.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Chikara rested his arms behind his head again as they began entering the village, it looked half deserted but that was probably for the best as they didn't want to experience any casualties, or at least he hoped that they wouldn't but for all he knew the rich guy could have sent them away to give more space for Chikara and Yutaka to play with, he could always fix their houses once the mission was complete. He knew that whatever was after him had to be bad because why else would he hire want more than Chikara for the job?

He ignored his thoughts and returned to the conversation, "Dude, no, you have no idea how much women love strong men and we are able to destroy mountains and give people brain damage via a few hand seals and the likes. You have no idea how sexy that can be if you play your cards right. . . Be her white knight and then when you close the door, be her dark knight." Chikara laughed and shook his head, he nodded at a few citizens as he continued down the road that would lead them straight to the small palace where the rich man would be located.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Yutaka's brows furrowed, a light blush dusting his cheeks. The nerve of this guy... He scratched the back of nape awkwardly, his knuckles brushing against his ponytail.

Was it true, though? If strength and power was all a woman was after, sure, Yu probably wouldn't have the worst luck with his taijutsu, katon and sankaton. Certainly, he was no fanatic of romance but he wasn't certain how he'd feel with such shallow relationships either. For his days in the village, few were interested in the Clan that smelled of dogs, and his own interests were focused tightly on his aspirations to be Hokage.

Side-eyeing Chikara, he wasn't sure they had the same taste in women anyway. Chikara's ideal partner probably came three at a time...

Sighing, Yutaka looked up, his eyes widening at the sight of the palace. This sure was some rich dick they were guarding. He was almost tentative to step inside, and even Tsume seemed to be glancing at the dirt between his toes.

"...You first."

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:04 am

Chikara chuckled and wiped some dirt of his ninja sandals and began walking on the fancy wooden floor, he opened the door that would take them into a large hall. It was decorated with fancy objects that meant little to Chikara, from expensive samurai armor to paintings that revealed his exquisite taste in women and men alike. Chikara chuckled as he continued to venture deeper within the halls, it was here that he first stumbled upon the first set of guards.

"So they have guards, but still they need us? Strange huh?" Chikara shook his head as he continued, he opened the door and soon found himself standing inside what he could only describe as a living quarter, yet it was rather devoid of anything that could distinguish it as a living room.

Chikara tended to be a paranoid bastard when he was on a mission, but not to the point of removing most of his household. He sighed and continued to walk deeper into the palace, soon they would find themselves standing right outside his office, two more guards stood in front of it and with a little hand waver they let them pass.

Yamiro, the client, turned around and revealed himself standing behind a desk. He turned to face Chikara and Yutaka with his arms closed, his blonde hair was rattled and his eyes squinted, he was visibly stressed as his closed seemed to lack that pristine look rich assholes used to have. "You are late! Where were you!?"

"You do know that it's not easy to find another ninja out there right? It's not like we have this magical handbook that allows us to contact one another." Chikara replied slyly.

"I did not pay you to be sarcastic! NOW! Who are you? And why have you brought in that. . Furrball in here!?" Yamiro wasn't really a people person.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:54 am

Yutaka and Tsume begrudgingly rid their shoes and paws, respectively, of any dust and dirt they could find. They didn't want to cause a stink with this client if it was avoidable, but Yu could still feel his ears warm at the gesture.

Following Chikara inside, Yutaka felt more out of place than he had just being on the estate's property. Tsume's claws clicking against the floor seemed to echo for ages, and the mansion was already properly guarded with eyes. That was unnerving. What the hell did this guy need two mercs for with guys already at his disposal?

Meeting the stout blond, Yutaka already decided he didn't like him, and let Chikara do all the talking. That is, until, the man felt it necessary to call him out on his ninken, to which Tsume curled his lip.

"This 'furball' is my ninken," Yu corrected sharply, the muscles around his mouth tense. Trying to put it in a way to get the rich Lord to shut up, the dark haired man added, "Essentially an extra guard, free of charge. I don't work without him."

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:47 am

Chikara chuckled at the thought of being lectured by a pansy, he had half a mind to bring out his blade and place it under the contractors chin but knew that it could severely damage their reputation and Chikara was here for one thing. To spread the name of his organization, he wasn't going to allow a rich scumbag embarrass him, well. . Only if the money was good, not that he was prostituting himself out.

"Is that so? Well. . . Next time keep that muck outside where it belongs. Now on to other business, I have hired some minor guards to help you out on your mission to keep me safe. I've also evacuated most of the citizens and placed soldiers dressed as civilians in those said houses. I don't mind if they destroy them, not my problem really." Yamiro said, he was as smug as ever.

"Normally I don't ask why you have so many guards and need us as well. . . So I won't but know this! If you ever disrespect a ninja, you should be prepared to back those words with action. He may look like a filthy half-breed but I am certain that he can kill the both of us with his dog." Chikara chuckled before he nodded at Yutaka, telling him to leave the room as Yamiro seemed to not enjoy the sight of his dog. "Now, on to business. When do you expect the attack to occur?"
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:15 am

Yutaka's own lip began to curl, exposing the Inuzuka Clan's unusually sharp incisors. Tsume's grey fur was bristling beside him, and Yu had to hold back the urge to permit his ninken to rip him to shreds. They had held back in Konoha long enough, but if he was a criminal now anyway, what the hell? Tsume was a ninja like he was, not some dog who piddled on shoes... though, Yu wasn't opposed to the idea. Not with this guy. He might even do it himself.

His dark eyes flickered to Chikara in surprise, hearing him warn the rich Lord of his tongue. He could almost ignore the filthy half-breed comment, taken aback as he was by the Nara.

Not wanting to remain in the room anyway, Yu gestured for Tsume to follow him- the ninken was previous snarling at their client -and left Chikara to deal with the man.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Yamiro sighed, he wasn't the one that liked when people talked back to him but he had to admit that these mercenaries were capable of taking him down. Otherwise he would've never hired them, he let another visible sigh escape his lips before he turned his back against Chikara, it was a sign to see if he dared to attempt to strike him down. He wanted to see if he was a loyal dog or if he was just another money hungry grub.

"That is hard for me to know, all I know is that within two days I will become the head honcho of this village. The contract my father had written said that once the full moon has risen and fallen then I would be allowed to take over. My competitors aren't happy about this and want to remove me from the chair, so. . I would bet my summer castle that it will happen within the next two incoming days." Yamiro answered to which Chikara nodded, he too turned his back against his contractor and began heading for the door.

"Then you have two days to learn how to properly behave around mercenaries, remember. Our loyalty lies where the money is, it's not wise to piss us off, but don't sweat it, I didn't find a better pay than the one you are offering us. Let's just hope that no other ninja got a whiff of this misadventure ey?" Chikara chuckled as he closed the door behind him. If he had looked back then he was sure that he would see Yamiro's nervous expression but that didn't matter to him.

Outside of the mansion, Chikara would find Yutaka seated by a porch. It seems that Yamiro had pissed him off, which was understandable, Kara himself didn't want to touch anything in the mans house, yet he wasn't being offended by his contractor. "Ignore the man Yutaka, we will get through this. Get some money, drink some booze, lay with a nice woman maybe and not think of this after we are done okay?" Chikara chuckled as he tried to cheer his fellow comrade up.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

kou

Post by kou » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Yutaka only noticed the Nara approaching once he spoke, snapping the young man out of his scowling and brooding.

"If he says another word to me, I'm taking a shit on his desk," the Inuzuka growled lowly, sitting up and straightening his back. Tsume was laid beside him, though not looking restful in the slightest. While Yutaka was putting forth some effort to hide his annoyance, Tsume had no qualms grumbling quietly beside his partner. The large dog barked in response to Yu's threat, and Yu nodded, acknowledging his ninken's request to do the same silently.

The two of them were brothers, and together had bared the lion's share of disrespect from shinobi and civilians likewise. Needless to say, while Yu could ignore the smaller comment, straight out disrespecting his ninken wasn't going to fly, no matter the situation.

...Even if the promise of money, booze and women was pretty tempting.

Return to “Other Countries”