PVP / Diplomacy idea

Zasadel

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Correct. But thats why if we had other ways to lighten the burn, it wouldnt be as painful to lose a char.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 pm

They've talked aobut a reward system for hunting MN for a long time and have never gotten anything that worked. You have to make it enticing, but you can't make it too worth it. The point of there being MN at all is to allow people to play them. Not be in fear of being Orius'd constantly.
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:26 pm

That is the thing. The death of a character isn't going to be lessened. You lost a character and that is just how it is. We are even lucky to get 50% scoops. I doubt there will be much more.
Active CharacterShow
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Zasadel

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Which is fine by me honestly. But now we need rewards that make sense and guidelines/etiquette to follow yanno?

We dont even really have a wanted list for high ranking MN. An easy fix.

TyDie

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by TyDie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Zasadel:
Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:28 pm
Which is fine by me honestly. But now we need rewards that make sense and guidelines/etiquette to follow yanno?

We dont even really have a wanted list for high ranking MN. An easy fix.
totally in favor of a bingo book but no one wants to put one together lol.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Kabu » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:31 pm

A wanted list would be too difficult. It would need to be constantly updated, which is why the bingo book from before got ditched from my understanding. It got to be too much work
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by TyDie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:32 pm

well you could always make it so that the bingo book only covers actual threats / people who have done bad things. the kid who got locked out and stuff wouldn't be there but the guy who razed a village to the ground would.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Takumi

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Takumi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:32 pm

It wouldn't be that hard to put together a very basic bingo book, especially now that all the characters are being revamped

Kabu

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Kabu » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:35 pm

It would still need to be updated whenever someone became a high priority threat, and what do we do if there's a sudden influx of high ranking MN? It just seems too hard to keep track of.

With that said though, if someone wants to put one together and be the one to work with it whenever it needs updating then feel free.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by TyDie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:42 pm

people who need to be in a bingo book IMO:
S rank ninja
Ninja who have done bad things (Killing people, burning villages, running a gang of bandits or pirates, Etc)
Anyone who wants to be added to it for PvP purposes

People should also have the option to write their own entries for the bingo book as a sort of flavor, make them feel more badass. Everyone likes wanted posters XD
Example Bingo Book Entry I made for my Iwa MN when he hit S rankShow
Hiraku, Kenji: Kenji Hiraku has undergone a process that has altered his body in unimaginable ways. The exact extent of his powers are currently unknown; The only thing known is that the Kinjutsu he used to acquire such power was once in the hands of Tenma, Ichirou, and has since been lost to us, likely Kenji's doing. He is a practiced master of many different forms of ninjutsu including Sensory, Ninpou, Iijutsu and Fuuinjutsu. He is incredibly manipulative and has turned many former allies into enemies. Exercise extreme caution and do not attack unless you have the strength of numbers. Threat Level: S Rank
Idk, just a thought. It would make keeping track of MN easier cus they get to write their own entries to be copy pasted into the thread.
Active Characters

Zasadel

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Ill do the bingo book.

That shits easy.

Once a month the OOC's will be contacted with updates on high priority targets for their village.

I'm willing to do a PVP leaderboard which is 10x the amount of effort it would take to simply update a list of targets.

Takumi

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Takumi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:54 pm

you should make the bingo book public as a source of bragging rights/lore to the universe

Zasadel

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 pm

That was what my bingo book in the system I designed was for.

Hell, if everyone has as much interest as you say, petition Onu to grant me the ability to do such. I'll be the sites bounty board. You want a target? I'll tell you whos available, why they're available, and who to contact.

I'll even make NPC's for each village to make my own IC method of contacting me, with permission from the OOC's.

I'm that serious about wanting to kickstart diplomacy and PVP.

Jinan B

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Jinan B » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Zasadel, I gotta say. I love your enthusiasm, a few points from my side.

I love this idea, just in general, I mean I understand that it could be difficult and all that, but it just seems like such a cool idea.

The Bingo Book idea should happen imo, and if Zasadel wants to do it why not. Hell, if it was needed I'd do it.

Note: By Got, please don't tell you've watched the series and never considered reading the books
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Legacy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Hm, I agree that PVP should play a much larger role than it does given the past few events. From a Leaf ninja's standpoint there is much to be gained in the hunting of Missing ninja right now considering that they'd only recently gotten over an attack from a high profile KIRI shinobi. As far as politics are concerned, since Kiri's government was not able to actively take care of the threat Konoha by all rights and purposes, should be allowed to take action against said individual less Kiri's government be critiqued and its name dragged through the mud. Well, this is at least, what I believe would happen in a true ninja esque environment.

The sad truth is that most people aren't going to go out of their way to see something like that through so as MN, it'd be up to them to make waves in the ninja network and ultimately force a reaction from one or more of the great nations.

#Ramblingfinished
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Checkmate

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Checkmate » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:37 am

I kind of skipped most of the thread, skimmed mostly. I just want to throw out that for me, PvP lost its flavor after people hunted my MN and died. Three people lost all their work. Now if it were to happen I don't think I would be able to use deadly force. It's not fun, at least for me, to screw people over like that, even if they signed up for it. I don't even like tourneys, because no one likes losing.

I know maybe I'm not the majority, but I've done IC PvP and I don't think I'd go back.

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Legacy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:04 am

It's a bitter truth to swallow, sure. But Ninja can and often do, die in the line of duty. Rather than thinking about the idea as simply "losing a character" think of it as a chance to explore new options. For example, if you have a village ninja from say Konoha who happens to die on a hunting mission, you could create another Konoha ninja to take their place or use the slot for another village. Death, losing, defeat - these things aren't the end of the road.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Zasadel

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Zasadel » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:23 pm

It's been decreed.

I'm now the bingobook owner. If anyone else wants to assist me in this task, feel free.

Nick

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Nick » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm too lazy to read the entire thread, but to summarize my thoughts on the general subject:

Village OOC leaders should be doing more ooc leadering. Monthly events, bimonthly, whatever. Tse talked about wanting to do more of that kind of thing in Suna, and I think he was on the right track. OOCs should also be communicating with eachother, set general guidelines for what sort of things don't need express permission (joint ops between allied villages, etc.)

In short: Focus on more than revamping clans.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Suzuri

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Suzuri » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm yet to read through the whole thread, but skimming through I don't seem to find what would be my first reaction:

Why can't we have PvP without death?

I love PvP. It was the way my previous character on a site met her mentor, and a big part of her being her, a baseball-playing vigilantee calling herself an Evil Mastermind. I've roleplayed with people whose characters were considerably weaker and considerably stronger than mine, without the question of death ever coming up. It is not that death was banned on the site - at some times, it was even encouraged - but everyone nevertheless simply decided to forego 100% relism in exchange for a satisfying story.

Think about it - what would be more satisfying - killing a character that someone might have spent years developing? No matter how realistic, no matter the fact that the person can create many other characters, I feel that in most contexts this is wrong. Unless the character-to-be-killed behaved stupidly IC, repeatedly, then I feel killing them is rude. It's like telling the person you are writing with 'Well, this story is boring, let's end it NOW.'

The alternative would be communicating with your RP partner, making sure you can both enjoy a fight to the fullest. It doesn't have to be a spar. Death-battles could be easily done, as long as you can come up with a reason why the very final blow wasn't struck (ground collapsed? Sudden reinforcements? Come on, guys, you're writers, you can come up with stuff)

So yes. My take on this: PvP is awesome and since many people find it so, one should enjoy it. And also communicate with RP partners.

(also thumbs up for the bingobook owner. Good idea ^^ )
Suzuri Rinrin | Inkstone | The Travelling Painter

TyDie

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by TyDie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Suzu, you CAN have PvP without death; death isn't a required part of PvP in the slightest. but if you, as a Konoha Jounin, met an A rank konoha MN that wanted to kill you, are you really going to hesitate to kill them? You don't know them personally, you weren't friends with them or anything, you just happened to cross paths and realize "oh shit, he's so and so, an A rank Konoha MN." You can have PvP that doesn't result in death, it happened many times in the show and it's happened here too, but sometimes it's not realistic.

I can guarantee you if someone ran into my MN and wanted to fight, he wouldn't waste any time killing them unless there was a good story reason not to. And that's happened before, but it's rare.
Active Characters

Suzuri

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Suzuri » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:15 pm

I see. Although, in the given situation, I would still make the distinction between my character's understandable desire to use lethal force, and my own desire to leave the character alive. Although I see that's not an issue. Thank you and sorry, I might've overreacted a bit (again).
Suzuri Rinrin | Inkstone | The Travelling Painter

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Taiga » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:18 pm

PVP in this atmosphere will never work. People will not be willing to lose a character they've worked on for 5+ years etc just do die.

As I found out when working on my board, the only way to have pvp really is like on MMOS. you need some BS reason why people don't die and they get back up.

Case in point, people always participate in tournaments cause losing has no repercussions.

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by zippo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:43 pm

I'm used to losing characters in pvp monthly and make a new one (it makes quite an emotional experience IMO), but not everyone is able to adapt like that. Even if there's a reward in your reregistration because your previous death was graded realistic and packed with emotions, with one character possibly dying and another find it emotional, there would be more requirements to make it popular.

It's emotional and story-based, but in order for PVP to work here, it'll have to be either volunteered or circumstantial death (like an announced village war event and only for those who attend and survives get a reward one really cannot refuse for their character and would be interested in the gamble - like some Warcriminal/Warhero specialty/gift/experience boost advanced rule).

There has to be a rewarding incentive if you wish for PVP to become popular in the IC world, and an even a more rewarding incentive if you wish for the PVP to be death enabled. If this rule does exist, I wouldn't mind being active for the sake to make player vs player interaction popular.

But even if this becomes a rule, incentives/rewards/experience and all, it will have to be volunteer-based rather than be seen as a mandatory. Keep in mind, there's a few of people who avoid IC PVP death as much as they avoid dice role RPing. ,':-)

Jeff

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Jeff » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Down for this
CharactersShow
Aburame, AkkiVillage: Konohagakure no SatoRank: GeninThread: Insects Guide Me Genkouyoushi, KoutaishiVillage: Iwagakure no SatoRank: C-RankThread: Paper Guide the Way Ouji, TatsumiVillage: Sunagakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: Artist's Move Yuusha, JuzoVillage: Kirigakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: The Stranger Things

Vitamin

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Vitamin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 am

Some people don't want to watch their characters die, which is totally understandable. If all they wanna' do is lonelies and socials, that's their prerogative.
That being said, the reason why this wouldn't work is the same reason we don't have SSM or ANBU, etc; lack of participation.

Some people are down for PVP and risking death without reward just for the sake of the RP. I applaud you and your big cojones. Others, myself included, would want some sort of reward system or incentives. Here are some ideas, some of which have already been said...

- Missions that are dependent on one another: e.g., Bob the Ninja has to go blow up this building, while it's Steve the Ninjas job to guard said building. Major reward for completion of task, and death isn't necessarily guaranteed, but it's possible. How far are you willing to go to accomplish your mission?

- Specific Quests: A unique, albeit faint, fiery chakra has been sensed in NormieTown. Bob, a chuunin from NinjaTown has volunteered to go investigate. Steve, a chuunin from NinjaCity, has also volunteered to go investigate for his respective village. So has Jim, Mike and Bill, all from different villages. Turns out it's a sword that shoots fire. Last man standing wins. Again, death isn't imminent, but if you gotta' risk it to get the biscuit.

- Make a "Draft Sheet", where players can basically put their ninjas name on a list that volunteers them for PVP. Major incentives, extra rewards, etc. Let them take their ninjas name on and off at any time. Bob just ranked up and you're trying to beef him up a little more? Put him on the list. Bob is in the process of mastering sensory? Take him off unti he's done.

- Strikeout system, or "get out of jail free" cards; If you volunteer for these missions, and get killed, you play your freebie card, where your ninja makes a miraculous recovery from the brink of death. You failed the mission, but you're alive with no lasting repercussions. Mission #2, you die again. Once again, you come back from the brink of death, but this time there's more severe damage (-10 stat points that can be recovered with training/points or whatever). Mission #3, you die again. This time, that's it. You're dead. I think this would be enough to at least get the PVP idea off the ground, as there's at least 2 times where people can salvage their character, and it'll let inexperienced RPers learn from their mistakes lest they live in fear their whole RP lives.

- Let Kage's/OOC's/Mods generate certain requests, to their liking, with risk/reward. I say Kage because if you've made a ninja and gotten him to be a Kage it should allow you the power to "force" a plot, for lack of a better way to put it. Village OOC's have a hard enough time responding to their respective "Ask the village OOC" topics, but if they are a village's OOC, they should be able to create these things.

Again, we can all keep spouting out ideas, but the most important factor would be participation. If you say you're cool with death, then bitch and moan when the reaper comes a knockin' on your door, it will very quickly spoil it for others.

Also, Kage (And I mean Kage, not Bannin) should fall into the same category as MN in that they can be hunted/attacked at any time. No, it won't be easy, with village security, personal security, etc. But if three non-NPC ninja attack the village, and nobody else rogers up because they don't want their characters to die, who's gonna stop them? You are. You're the damn Kage. And why spend all the time beefing a character up to Kage just to have him sit on the sidelines?
Hyuuga HinoiriGenin - Konohagakure
Nagatomo KenC-rank Samurai - Land of Miracles

RIPShow
Ote Takihime - Genin - Kumogakure no Sato

Ace Trainer

PVP / Diplomacy idea

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 pm

This topic is complete
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold