RP Modeling

Checkmate

RP Modeling

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:52 am

Let me know what you think.

So the idea is pretty simple. Basically the staff would select a thread of exceptional quality and delve into what makes it so good. They can pull quotes, outline plot progression, etc., and then explain each point. Then the members can read the threads that are really good and try to model certain aspects of those threads and incorporate them into their own style so that the writing quality of the site improves. Maybe if someone's thread is nominated to be modeled, they can get like an additional point or something.

Valkier

RP Modeling

Post by Valkier » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:28 am

I would follow this and find it interesting, so long as people can't/don't just nominate their own/their friends' threads! Improving my writing is something I'm definitely be eager to do and this could be a useful resource.

Does sound like a fair amount of work for whoever chooses to do it - but for a good cause!

Edit: "Improving my writing is something I'm definitely be eager to do".. Yeah I think I need this more than I realise!
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Jinan B

RP Modeling

Post by Jinan B » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:36 am

Cool idea. I'd definitely follow it
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Gothmer

RP Modeling

Post by Gothmer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:43 am

Valkier:
Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:28 am
I would follow this and find it interesting, so long as people can't/don't just nominate their own/their friends' threads! Improving my writing is something I'm definitely be eager to do and this could be a useful resource.

Does sound like a fair amount of work for whoever chooses to do it - but for a good cause!
This. Originally got into forum RP to improve my English alongside my writing. Will be following this idea. :D
Koizumi, KuodachiKonohagakure no SatoJounin214 Stats

Checkmate

RP Modeling

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 am

That's the downside, is that it's extra work. I think it could be really beneficial, though.

As far as favoritism, maybe everyone can nominate a thread that received above a (for example) 5, and then the thread is chosen by random.com

That way you can choose your own threads, or someone else's, but the selection process doesn't have any bias.

7eleven

RP Modeling

Post by 7eleven » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:59 am

I think it's a neat idea, but I doubt it's something the staff can (or would want to) devote time to, especially with the revamps causing a registry backup. If it's something you want to put together in your own time, I don't see a problem with it
Sunakimi, Yozora D-rank RoninMinor Country#D2A846
Senju, YamabikoGeninKonohagakure no Sato#9370D8

Jinan B

RP Modeling

Post by Jinan B » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:14 am

With what Brent is saying, perhaps wait until the reg is calm again, I'd be willing to help out when all the available mod time I have isn't needed in the reg and stuff
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Servant

RP Modeling

Post by Servant » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 am

.My first instinct was the same "adding to the mod responsibilities doesn't seem like a good idea". But upon further thinking this through, I don't see this taking much time. I mean, a couple mods go back and forth about what made the thread good and put it together into a decent post for members. Maybe an hour or two tops... sure, there might be questions requiring some more explanation, but for the most part, it's just a reference for members to learn what makes a good thread. You wouldn't even need to do it often, once a month would be more than enough, I'd think.

That said, you could totally wait until this flip stuff has settled some and the forum's running on all cylinders. We've managed without it for a long time, so waiting another month or two won't kill anyone.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Nyrax

RP Modeling

Post by Nyrax » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:14 am

I could see some apprentices stepping up to do the leg work on this one, and then allowing the mods to see it for approval before it gets posted.

Valkier

RP Modeling

Post by Valkier » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:19 am

As Brent says, there's no need for staff to actually be involved at all, unless we want to reward the writers with points - and I'm sure some of us would consider donating the occasional couple points of our own in that case, so we can do that anyway. I would happily offer to run this myself if I had the time.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Ace Trainer

RP Modeling

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 pm

This topic is complete
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold