New with Plenty of Questions

Final PlayThrough+

Post by Final PlayThrough+ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:11 am

Hello everyone!!

I've been here for about a week or two just reviewing over the rules and how everything is set up. Just yesterday I was told over chat that certain information was blocked behind a registration wall, which is fine and smart. I still have so many questions. These questions have blown up even more esspicially now that I've decided on what character route I'll be taking. I wont eat up anymore of your time here and I appreciate all the help. I'll just go ahead and list my questions.

*currently @ work and cant use the chat feature*

1. Could my character be from the Frost Country and not be a Samurai. Just a regular boy.

2. Where would I be able to find specific Frost Country details and are those details cannon to the site. As in could I apply them to my characters history.

3. What is the minimum age of minor country characters. Could I have say an 8 year old running around roaming the world alone.

4. Which stats do we follow as minor country characters. I get the 1 in Ninjutsu Genjutsu and control but do we follow D-Rank MN routes when it comes to stat counts and ranking up.

5. Where would I find that information for D-Rank missing nin stats and ranking up.

I think those are my top 5 questions for now. I can really get the ball rolling on this character.

I really appreciate all the help and answers.

Thank you all so very much !!!!

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:41 am

Hello, welcome! Don't be worried about asking; it's what this forum is here for, and we're all (usually!) happy to help!

1 - Yes, you can be. You can start as a "minor country character", however this implies you're not a ninja and will have to manually train the basics before you can be one. It's mentioned briefly in the Miscellaneous Rules, but I'll quote it here:
Quote:
You are able to start as a 'minor country' person. However, by doing so, there are certain restrictions. First off, you cannot have more than 1 in Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Control. Second, you cannot have any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, until you first train all of the Basic Jutsu. Third, you cannot start off with any ninja weapons. Finally, they are treated like a Missing-Nin, system-wise. All minor country characters are equivalent to D-Rank Missing Ninja at start-up.
  • To train the basic jutsu you need to learn it from a PC who already knows them. This means it can be trained by a village missing-nin or a minor country who has learned it.
  • You are allowed to use the jutsu word count deduction for these training.
There are a few people who have done this, and have done so very well. My recommendation would be to send a friendly PM to Gothmer or Suzuri, both of whom are great writers and great people with minor country-cum-ninja characters. One of your biggest issues in getting started in this route is finding companions to write with, so this would be a good place to start!

2 - There is a Countries Guide pinned in the roleplay Discussion forum. While each of the main countries/villages have their own descriptions elsewhere as well, this link is probably the closest we have to a worldwide canon on the site. You can (and I'd recommend it) reference any relevant info there in your character apps. If the country you want isn't defined there, the chances are good that it hasn't been defined or created in NSRP's canon yet. Members are free to create and submit descriptions for any blank countries - try and catch some staff members in the cbox or PM if you want to get involved with that. The site even pays out for contributions on things like this (but it might be worth doing a thorough search/ask around to make sure what you want hasn't already been done or is being worked on by someone else!)

3 - I'm afraid I don't know this one. It might just be a common sense call; if you can realistically justify a character being a certain age then you may be able to do it, but be reasonable. I would suggest you base your ages on a similar scale to what the villages use, and consider what your character might end up doing during your time writing on the site. It could be argued that an eight year old wouldn't be physically strong/developed enough to become a strong ninja, for example. If in doubt, create an application and try it - and be receptive to staff feedback if they suggest otherwise :)

4 - Yes, you've got it spot on there (and by reading this, I realise that you already know what I answered to point #1! Whoops!). As a minor country person, you are treated as if you were a D-rank missing ninja, and will be restricted/rank up etc. by those rules. The 1's in nin/tai/gen stats is a restriction that I believe will be lifted after you've learnt all the basic jutsu (these). Even though you won't be "rogue", the system treats minor country- and missing-ninja as the same for this stuff.

5 - I believe you can still follow the D-rank guidelines in the standard Character creation guide and Ranking Up rule threads. Someone might correct me here, but that's what I can see!

I hope it helps :) if in doubt, don't be afraid to just go ahead and submit an application or questions with your best guesses; we're all a friendly bunch and won't bite your head off! At least, not unless people are rude and insulting ;)
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Final PlayThrough+

Post by Final PlayThrough+ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:09 am

This has been such an incredibly huge help. Thank you so much for this!!!

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon May 23, 2016 8:11 am

This topic is complete
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold