Guys... What year is it?

Jinan B

Guys... What year is it?

Post by Jinan B » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Ok so really over the last while, there have been at the very least a few conversations in the cbox (that I know of at least) about what the year is or anything like that, there's also been Zippo's question/idea about the timeline thingy, and while I'm hardly requesting a whole static timeline going forward, there are some things that I (and I imagine quite a few other people) wouldn't mind an answer to.
  • What sparked the beginning of the modern era, the year "0" if you will. Was it the founding of the first hidden Village, the capture of the Genma and escape from being the slaves of the spirits? Or some other event?
  • Which villages are the oldest, and when were the times of founding? So here the only knowledge that I can puzzle out is that
    • Iwa is the oldest village
    • Konoha was founded around or just after the year 200 (information taken from "What Konoha is like" indicates that it has existed for nearly a thousand years.)
    • The first three villages were Konoha, Iwa, and Suna, therefore Kiri and Kumo are the youngest villages, neither Kumo nor Kiri were founded before the year 400-450 (information in "what konoha is like" states that the three main villages decided to create the title of Kage roughly 200 years after Konoha was founded)
    • Kiri was founded around the year 800 (taken from "what kiri is like")
    It'd be nice to have answers on things such as the ages of Kumo/Suna/Iwa, and more definitive information on Konoha
  • What year is it currently? Ok, so for this one there are a few things I figured out to the point where I can make a rough guess
    • The previous Mizukage became Mizukage (for the second time) in 1201 at the age of 72 ("what kiri is like")
    • Said Mizukage was just shy of being 80 when he handed over to Kai, the newest Mizukage (New Mizukage introduction thread in Kiri RP)
    • Kai became Mizukage relatively recently
    Based off that I would estimate the current year (more or less, because with all the fluid timelines an exact guess is more or less impossible) at around 1205-1210/1212, could this be confirmed or corrected please.
Even if this thread becomes a gateway for the OOCs to figure this out if that's how it should be done, I would greatly appreciate some greater knowledge relating to this topic.

Thanks ^^ <3
Jinan B
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Ace Trainer

Guys... What year is it?

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Kind of throwing me off because you ask a question, and then answer it yourself, which makes me wonder why you're asking.

So I'm ignoring the answers you gave and just answering the questions;

Within the universe, most people don't really know, nor care, what year is it. The normal civilian from around the world doesn't care about life beyond crop rotations and how far they need to travel to get supplies for life. So, the beginning of the "modern era" is sort of....blurry, to the normal person. The year is the year because thats the year it is, and its really irrelevant, historically. Just thought that'd be important to note.

Relevant to historians, and the shinobi villages, the modern era 0, began when the first humans escaped from under the rule of the Genma (Soul Genma), and established outposts in the West. However, written history didn't really begin for another 300~ years or so, by that time all the genma had been captured, sealed, and relegated to mythos.

Iwa was a military establishment, and a stronghold, which made it and Rock Country the strongest starting point for military activity, which makes it the oldest chronologically, but it was not technically a shinobi vilage first. Konoha was created in Fire Country, then Iwa was converted into a shinobi village, and Suna quickly after.

That'd make Konoha the oldest shinobi village, but Iwa the longest standing.

Kumo was formed very briefly after Kiri was, making them both roughly 400~ years old.

The current year is between 1210 and 1215. If needed in a topic, it'd likely be written 121X.

A lot of this information is actually written down, but, because of how timelines work, and with 5 individual village histories being written, its easier to leave it unstated so that kinks can be worked out as the individual histories are developed.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Ace Trainer

Guys... What year is it?

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:31 am

This topic is complete
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold