Pricing

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Pricing

Post by Willoria » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 pm

I'm sure no one wants new sections and that's why reg is all one thing now, but honestly I kind of miss the 'customs' section, for one reason. We have a couple things, namely weapons and poisons, that get priced out by mods but in some cases we can't know what we're looking at until we put it up and if we're completely off base we won't be able to afford it for that character after we find out its price.

So just an idea/request I suppose. Could the staff consider adding a section to Registration, or another drop down option, that is just called or for "pricing"? That way we can put up a request to price something ahead of time and put it in a mod later? We could even link back to it when we finally add it so that it's shown as proof for the price when we go to add it.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Pricing

Post by TyDie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:07 pm

I support this. Let's people make weapons that they can buy later. But if weapons and such are anything like Ian's reign on weapons, the character purchasing the weapon might influence the price of the weapon overall (such as Onu's shuudoushi wanting an empathy crown vs some joe shmoe wanting an empathy crown). Still, I think the idea has merit for sure. Have a template like:

Character Weapon is for
Weapon Description
Misc.

Then a gmod or something comes in and discusses details of the weapon and prices it. It might be viewed as an extra step that isn't necessary, or just another thing to ignore alltogether like Customs was, or even just more work for our already small mod base.. But still, I think it could prove useful if it's put to use.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

Pricing

Post by zippo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 pm

It would be interesting to have a list of what effects could cost, and tally the total on the effect you actually wish to have.

Making a list would do wonders, but also having weapons with stages or potential add-ons to buy at a later date could lead to plotboard adventures (treasure hunting for pieces, etc).

Ace Trainer

Pricing

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 am

Oop, didn't even see this. Wish I had known about it sooner.

My issue with the customs section (and the reason that the registry was compressed into 2 sections), is that with more sections, becomes more splitting of the moderators attention, which usually causes sections to get overlooked. In the past, it was actually the companions section in addition to the customs section.

I'm actually really enjoying the innovation the members have shown in using this section for their customs/pricing, and I'm not entirely sure I disagree with them using this section for that...HOWEVER, this section is already underchecked, (which is why it took me so long to see it) so I wouldn't be surprised if creating a customs/pricing section would create the same issue. And then we end up producing something that people complain about because of an issue I foresaw (really annoying for me)

I'll discuss it and see what we can sort out.

This topic is complete
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold