Glue Style

Trucro

Glue Style

Post by Trucro » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Hey all. I figured that it was time Iwa had it's own elemental extension, and I really wanted to make this idea a reality (regardless if it actually becomes a thing for Iwa or not). Anyway, please let me know what you think, and definitely let me know if this has already been done.

I think I need the most work on the table at the bottom; I'm not certain that would be the right way to go about determining the strength of Glue's passive ability.

I borrowed the template from the other elemental extensions (I hope that's okay).

Quote:
Glue Style
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Glue, an extension composed of Suiton and Doton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require Glue. Glue style has a sticking effect. You must be a current or former Iwagakure shinobi, and have both Suiton and Doton to utilize this concentration.
Glue Style is an elemental extension that combines Suiton and Doton to make a particulate style. Glue is a thick, adhesive particulate that attaches itself when contact is established. Glue is known for its restrictive capabilities as well as its horrifying ability to suffocate opponents. Glue naturally sticks to anything it comes into contact with. Below is a table detailing exactly how much strength is required to escape from a technique based on the ninjutsu requirement for the technique.
  • 1-9 Ninjutsu Requirement: 5 strength to escape
  • 10-19 Ninjutsu Requirement: 10 strength to escape
  • 20-24 Ninjutsu Requirement: 20 strength to escape
  • 25-34 Ninjutsu Requirement: 25 strength to escape
  • 35+ Ninjutsu Requirement: 35 strength to escape
Quote:
D-Ranked Ninjutsu [color=darkcyan][b]Glue Style • Adhesive Saliva[/b][/color]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After preforming the needed handseals, the user collects chakra in their mouth, forming the glue element. Once the glue is expelled, it will form an orb with a radius of 15 cm. This orb with fly towards the target at a speed of 6 and a strength of four, flying up to 15 meters away. It applies glue’s passive to whatever it hits.

[color=darkcyan][b]Glue Style • Sticky Spot[/b][/color]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After preforming the needed handseals, the user collects chakra in their mouth, forming the glue element. The user will expel this chakra, forming a two-meter line of glue one meter in front of them at a speed of 5. Anyone stepping on this glue with be caught in it’s passive. This is not very useful for attacking, but can be used to stop a charging opponent, or to lay a trap.

[color=darkcyan][b]Glue Style • Adhesive Tracker[/b][/color]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After preforming the needed handseals, the user collects chakra in their mouth, forming the glue element. Once the glue is expelled, it will form a small blob with a radius of 3 cm. This blob with fly towards the target at a speed of 5 and no strength. It will stick to an object upon contact. Once attached, the user can track the exact location of the blob up to 10 meters. Up to 100 meters, the user gets a general idea of where it is. This ability remains for 8 posts.

[color=darkcyan][b]Glue Style • Sticky Bomb[/b][/color]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After preforming the needed handseals, the user collects chakra in their mouth, forming the glue element. Once the glue is expelled, it will form a small blob with a radius of 3 cm. This blob with fly towards the target at a speed of 5 and no strength. It will stick to an object upon contact. With the use of another handseal, the user can cause this blob to explode with the strength of a single explosive tag. If unused, the user will lose this ability after 3 posts.

[color=darkcyan][b]Glue Style • Harden[/b][/color]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
This technique is used in effect as a dispel for other techniques. After preforming the needed handseals, the user channels their chakra into any glue that they have made. This glue hardens, becoming flaky and brittle. This is often used to allow their allies to escape.

C-Ranked Ninjutsu [color=darkcyan][b]Glue Style • Agglutinative Net[/b][/color]
[i]C-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After preforming the needed handseals, the user collects chakra in their mouth, forming the glue element. The user will expel this chakra all at once, sending a net made of glue at the opponent with a speed of 15. This net has a radius of one meter and can travel up to fifteen meters. Once trapped in the net, the target will be trapped with glue’s passive.

EDIT: After speaking with some people, I think this may be better as just a custom rather than an elemental extension for Iwa. Let me know if you agree or disagree
CharactersShow

Akiro Jouchaku; Jounin; Kirigakure No Sato #007AA5

Ryuu Genkouyoushi; Jounin; Iwagakure No Sato

Mako Notaramu; Jounin; Sunagakure No Sato

Inozu Yamanaka A-Rank; Missing Nin #AF2626

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Glue Style

Post by Director » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 pm

I will say there is already mud style which is similar to the glue style you're wanting to do. There was also a caustic style if I remember that was like concrete or something. Also, someone had a syrup style that worked the same if you can find it. If I find it before you do, I'll link it here.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Trucro

Glue Style

Post by Trucro » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 am

DirectorPr:
Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:05 am
I will say there is already mud style which is similar to the glue style you're wanting to do. There was also a caustic style if I remember that was like concrete or something. Also, someone had a syrup style that worked the same if you can find it. If I find it before you do, I'll link it here.
I remember someone was working on that a while back, but it was like a year ago and, if I remember correctly, it never got very far. Besides, I think a glue style would be more interesting, but that's just me...

As for mud style, I think that's substantially different from a glue style, despite being a mix of suiton and doton.

The concrete style was from a clan in Iwa, but I think Concrete and Glue are different as well. If you have any suggestions to make the glue style more different from caustic, please let me know

Any suggestions for how to fix this idea so it works?
CharactersShow

Jinan B

Glue Style

Post by Jinan B » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:13 am

well, imo, there's no chance that a passive effect is ever gonna do something stronger than it's ninjutsu requirement. So I don't think a 11 nin req jutsu is ever gonna stick with 15 strength passively. Also I would say split it more by rank, instead of 1-10 which encompasses both basic D ranks and basic C ranks, go 1-9; 10-19; 21-24; 25-34; 35+

of course, that's just my opinion.

Great idea btw
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Trucro

Glue Style

Post by Trucro » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:59 am

Jinan B:
Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:13 am
well, imo, there's no chance that a passive effect is ever gonna do something stronger than it's ninjutsu requirement. So I don't think a 11 nin req jutsu is ever gonna stick with 15 strength passively. Also I would say split it more by rank, instead of 1-10 which encompasses both basic D ranks and basic C ranks, go 1-9; 10-19; 21-24; 25-34; 35+

of course, that's just my opinion.

Great idea btw
Great idea! I just changed the OP to match your suggestion. Thanks!

Edit: Just added a couple jutsu that I could use feedback on. Also ideas for jutsu if you've got any!
CharactersShow

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Glue Style

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:32 pm

This topic is complete

Return to “Finished”