Yamanaka Consciousness Physicality

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:14 am

I just got to wondering just how physical a Yamanaka consciousness is, like what can stop it in its tracks.
The clan doesn't say really, it just states the consciousness is immaterial but that they attach it to chakra so they can move it but what does that mean?
I'm guessing for fairness sake you can't ghost your consciousness through actual full on solids? Or can you?
What about barriers? They're pure chakra energy and it made me think of how Sankaton is corporeal energy and passes through other energy because there's no molecules there to stop that, which made me wonder if the consciousness is similar or not.

Mostly concerned about how barriers and other energy like stuff interact with Yamanaka like what if a barrier gets between a body and its consciousness?

Jin suggested that since you attach the consciousness to chakra to move it then barriers might block it like how they block the original Space-Time teleportation method but that was turning your whole physical body into chakra, whereas the consciousness isn't a physical thing and is just being controlled.
If it did work like that, what happens when a barrier gets between the body and consciousness? Doe it sever the chakra connection? Is the consciousness lost on its own with no way back?

What about other possible interactions?

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:17 pm

The Yamanaka conscious works in the sense of when attached to chakra its essentially a solid that can be blocked by solids and barriers because its attached to chakra. After it misses or is blocked the chakra attached to the conscious disperses and allows the conscious to move through solids and barriers again but only as it returns to the user.

Does that make sense or should I elaborate because I know this isn't necessarily an easy topic to explain.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:06 pm

Okay I guess that makes sense, though i recently thought that it is still immaterial so it can't be complete solid but it it is still blocked.
That made me wonder if it's more like fire or a liquid where it gets blocked and contained but smaller thing pass through it. Would that not make sense? Like a flying kunai or rock should just pass right through the consciousness, which I imagine actually feels rather weird, but you'd slam into a wall or a tree or whatever.
You can't actually even see teh consciousness can you? You need sensor to be able to see it?

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Fire and water is a fair comparison. Barriers, walls, and etc. will block it. However throwing a simple kunai won't block it. I should've said semi-solid or fluid. But the solidity part was mainly for when it is being shot off at someone, and then when it returns it cannot be blocked as the chakra was what made it semi-solid.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:26 am

This topic is complete
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold