More Dosatsugan Questions!

Tyr

Post by Tyr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 am

• Recording Concentrations
    • Would it be possible for a Henrin to record/memorize Taijutsu Concentrations; purchasing them as Baseline Concentrations, and placing them as Jutsu?
Example:
Dosatsugan • Sword Weapons
S-Rank NinTaijutsu
Prerequisites: Active Dosatsugan, Instinct 45
Over time the bearer of the Dosatsugan has recorded a vast amount of information on swordsmanship; through literacy and spectating, the Henrin has become capable of preforming Taijutsu Techniques that require the [Sword Weapons] Concentration.
Suna NinShow
Ouji, SaryuGenin
ThreadsShow

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 am

It would not give you access to extra concentrations, but technically yes. You would not need new jutsu for it, however, as concentrations are freely given, aside from taking up your slots.

EDIT: What I mean by this is that it would be a flavor thing, and have no systematic effect.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Tyr

Post by Tyr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Gunshanks:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:34 am
It would not give you access to extra concentrations, but technically yes. You would not need new jutsu for it, however, as concentrations are freely given, aside from taking up your slots.

EDIT: What I mean by this is that it would be a flavor thing, and have no systematic effect.
So basically they'd be unusable? A little confused here.
Suna NinShow
Ouji, SaryuGenin
ThreadsShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:20 pm

so minus the Heavenly Tai concentration, anyone can take any taijutsu concentration they want. You having the Dousatsugan wouldn't have any impact on whether or not you could learn a tai concentration, cus -anyone- can learn a tai concentration, regardless of whether they have a doujutsu or not. You could say, for flavor reasons, that your Henrin saw someone being stealthy and mimic'd them, therefore they take the stealth conc. OR you could just take the stealth conc.

The Dousatsugan has no impact on that situation. And as far as I know, you can't have a jutsu that counts as a concentration, there's a distinct difference between the two. However you're free to try and put it in a mod.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Tyr

Post by Tyr » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:48 am

Could a Henrin without certain concentrations be able to copy certain techniques and use them?
(ex: use flawless aim without projectile weapons)
Suna NinShow
Ouji, SaryuGenin
ThreadsShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 am

No. Because essentially what you would learn by studying the technique with your dosatsugan, before you learn the technique itself, is the concentration [projectile weapons]. So you'd actually HAVE to acquire it.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Tyr

Post by Tyr » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Okay; umm I have another question / theory about it. Would it be possible for me to make an additional ability for my Dosatsugan, so that I can retain the weapon concentrations as Baselines through it?
Suna NinShow
Ouji, SaryuGenin
ThreadsShow

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:05 am

You could, potentially, but it would cost points, as it would be free concentrations in the end.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Tyr

Post by Tyr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:50 am

yes; i am well aware of that, and it wouldn't be a problem. :P I just have to get back into it now. Thank you for your answers, im sure there will be more questions to follow.
Suna NinShow
Ouji, SaryuGenin
ThreadsShow

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Closing due to age. Feel free to link and post again if you'd like to continue the conversation.

This topic is complete

Return to “Finished”