Specialized S/T Style idea

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

Post by zippo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:23 am

Jigendo
Jigendo, or way of the dimensions, is a unique style only learned by those who deem themselves 'Masters of Space and Time'. Most techniques in this style follow under three categories: Guidance, Alteration, and Limbo. In real world usage, Jigendo is perceived in many ways, but primarily it's about, firstly, opening a window for combatants and villages who have an interest to invade another Jikukan user's personal realm while masterfully embodying their own realm, and secondly, perform techniques within a period of an already expanded time, which exhibit unique phenomenons; which compliments the style's ability to invade with and embody space and time. When performing Alteration techniques, which expands space and time, it requires to first perform an already expanded time technique, called a Guidance. By expanding time and space within an already expanded time, reality isn't at all being stretched but it appears as it if is. For the untrained who may have the rare opportunity to see what's going on, it could draw them to really believe what's happening requires a lot of chakra because of what they see, but it doesn't. Most of the activities within Guidance are, in essence, temporally illusory and sequential [aka solid-looking after images], occuring within a period of 1 second in reality. To affect another person, to even allow another person to even see these activities, they'll need to be fully immersed within the expanded time, aka sped-up from a Guidance's effect using a Limbo technique. Without Limbo, this style is utterly useless in combat and becomes a style for the most die-hard meditation enthusiasts. Lastly, when Guidance ends it's duration, reality self-corrects by resetting time back to when the jutsu manifested. Requirements
  • Sensory Concentration
  • 25 Jikukan Techniques

Jigenjutsu

Jigendo Pyramid begins at B-rank

There are three technique types to remember: 1. Guidance: Creates the duration of a specified Jigenjutsu, 2. Alteration: Techniques that alter activities within Guidance, 3. Limbo: Techniques that speeds-up individuals during a Guidance's duration.
[/i][/i]
Jigenjutsu:
B-rank Jigenjutsu *[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Expand Time [Guidance: Continuum][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture. A [near] stoppage of reality begins to set into place, but in truth time is simply expanding by slowing activities down temporally, opening the user to take action for the next 2 posts. Unlike a typical Expand Time technique, this one has additional limitations. Any action within this Jigenjutsu will not manifest in reality unless it's affecting another user who is capable of detecting the user. This means that this technique cannot harm those who do not experience Limbo, which makes its specialized capabilities only become a threat to a very specified opponent. After two posts have passed, reality corrects itself from the anomaly, making the entire interaction for the past 2 posts only last 1 second. To many who utilize this technique for non-combative purposes, it's simply believed to be the next level in meditation. The continuum stage.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Tighten Time [Limbo: Pansophical][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture within a Guidance technique's duration. As a result, a single person within a 20m range will be able not only sense but interact with the user in an already stretched time. Any activity made between individuals under this technique's influence, like an injury, will not reverse. However, not everyone can be affected by this technique. At this level, only those inside the user's own realm can be unaffected by Guidance's expanded time.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Expand Space [Alteration: Harpoon-Sword][/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing the needed hand seals while inside a Guidance's duration, the user focuses chakra into their hand with a glowing color and animation style based on their personal realm's theme/setting. As a result, a translucent 48in harpoon-sword emerges, bearing triangle-shaped sharp edges, seemingly impossible for a normal person to grab. However, when the user is touching it, space bends to make it not harm them. Throughout a Guidance's duration, this can be thrown and struck with. When it moves in the Guidance's duration, it creates an afterimage effect theorized to be from the fact that space is being expanded in expanded time. Should it be destroyed, it shatters in mid-air, unable to interact or be interacted with as it disappears. When physical contact is made using this weapon everything will move in slow motion for a second-long before they return to normal speeds within the Guidance's duration. This is a yet-to-be explained, harmless phenomenon [though many masters have their theories].

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Expand Space & Time [Alteration: Decipher][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture. As a result, with willpower, the user will be able to alter up to 10m of their surroundings. The way things alter isn't through literal space, for this is all under the duration of a Guidance technique, which is under an expansion of time. At this level, the user may alter with 20 [B-rank] Strength and Speed. When it comes to altering, the user cannot create anything new, only stretch what already exists within 30m, including the surrounding's natural lighting, as if what's being bent hasn't even moved from it's unaltered position. And unlike normal Expand techniques, due to the fact that time is already expanding when utilized, what's being manipulated moves sequentially through time, creating an echoing illusory beauty in its expanding animation. This technique is useless without including Limbo and cannot work without Guidance. For reason besides combat, this can be aesthetically pleasing for those who wish to have a trippy experience from time to time. To many who utilize this technique for non-combative purposes, it's believed to be the next level in meditation. The deciphering stage.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Sensory Style [The Interloper][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing the needed hand seals, the user focuses chakra into their eyes a glowing color and animation style based on their personal realm's theme/setting. With uninterrupted concentration for the following 5 posts, the user will be able to scan through the vast emptiness of spacetime resting between the realms, and discover another personal realm on the final post. Should the user have no skills in Tenkujutsu, they'll not be able to see any realms controlled by spirits.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Open Space [Invasion][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
[i]Pre-Requisite: Jigenjutsu • [The Interloper][/i]
After discovering another personal realm and performing the needed hand seals, the user will begin stretching his fingers like a sharp weapon, and begin to gesture a forward impalement. As a result, a rip into space emerges, akin to using Open in Jikukan to create portals. This portal's elliptical size can stretch up to 5m in diameter maximum. Should the user enter unprepared, they'll have to pay the taxes being inside of someone else's realm.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Open Space [Dimensional Embodiment][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing the needed hand seals, the user focuses chakra over their body, glowing in the color and animation style based on their personal realm's theme/setting. As a result, akin to creating a realm but in an extremely weaker form, the user manifests a realm that's small enough to coat around their body. Although it does nothing on its own, when inside of another fabricated/personal realm, the user will no longer require having to pay taxes inside someone else's realm; for they're locked inside the realities of their own realm.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Open Space [Dimensional Coup][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing the needed hand seals, the user focuses chakra over their body, glowing in the color and animation style based on their personal realm's theme/setting. As a result, akin to creating a realm but in an extremely weaker form, the user manifests a realm that's small enough to coat around another willing person's or a forced person with less Control than the user. Although it does nothing on its own, when inside of another fabricated/personal realm, the person doesn't require having to pay taxes inside someone else's realm; for they're locked inside the realities of an embodied realm.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • [Defying Reality][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
[i]Pre-Requisite: Jigenjutsu • [Dimensional Embodiment][/i]
After performing the needed hand seals, while inside the duration of a Jigenjutsu and wearing the Jigenjutsu • [Dimensional Embodiment] technique, the user has the ability to now defy the realm's sense of gravity by embodying their own realm. Not in the sense that a user may fly anywhere, but in the sense that said user can shift themselves from the floor to the wall. Similar to the basic Wall Walking Technique, but if the user were to fall, it will go to where they themselves consider is to be the 'ground'.

A-rank Jigenjutsu *[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Expand Time [Guidance: The Expanse][/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
[i]Pre-Requisite: Jigenjutsu • Expand Time [Guidance: Continuum][/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture. A [near] stoppage of reality begins to set into place, but in truth time is simply expanding by slowing activities down, opening the user to take action for the next 5 posts. Unlike a typical Expand Time technique, this one has additional limitations. Any action within this Jigenjutsu will not manifest in reality unless it's affecting another user who is capable of detecting the user. This means that this technique cannot harm those who do not experience Limbo, which makes its specialized capabilities only become a threat to a very specified opponent. After 5 posts have passed, reality corrects itself itself from the anomaly, making the entire interaction for the past 5 posts only last 1 second. To many who utilize this technique for non-combative purposes, it's simply believed to be the next level in meditation. The Expanse stage.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Tighten Time [Limbo: Omniscience][/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
[i]Pre-Requisite: Jigenjutsu • Tighten Time [Limbo: Pansophical][/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture within a Guidance technique's duration. As a result, up to [1 person per 10 Control] can be selected within a 20m range to be able to not only sense but interact with the user in already stretched time. Any activity made between individuals under this technique's influence, like an injury, will not reverse. However, not everyone can be affected by this technique. At this level, only those inside a fabricated/personal realm can be unaffected by Guidance's expanded time.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Expand Space & Time [Alteration: Penetration][/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
[i]Pre-Requisite: Jigenjutsu • Expand Time [Alteration: Decipher[/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture. As a result, with willpower, the user will be able to alter up to 30m of their surroundings. The way things alter isn't through literal space, for this is all under the duration of a Guidance technique, which is under an Expansion of Time. At this level, the user may alter with 25 [A-rank] Strength and Speed. When it comes to altering, the user cannot create anything new, only stretch what already exists within 50m, including the surrounding's natural lighting, as if what's being bent hasn't even moved from it's unaltered position. And unlike normal Expand techniques, due to the fact that time is already expanding when utilized, what's being manipulated moves sequentially through time, creating an echoing illusory beauty in its expanding animation. This technique is useless without including Limbo and cannot work without Guidance.

*[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Open & Recycle Space & Time [Otherworldly][/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
After performing the needed hand seals while inside a Jigenjutsu duration, the user focuses chakra into their attacking limbs with a glowing color and animation style based on their personal realm's theme/setting. As a result, when they try to strike the enemy, at will up to four 2m elliptical portals will appear within 40m in range, one recycling and opening space interwoven with the other, making the four entangled. For example: should a sword enter one, the replicated sword will enter all the rest. Only one can be the original source. When contact is ever made with the help of this technique within the duration of a Guidance, everything will move in slow motion for a second-long before returning to normal speeds within the Guidance's duration. This is a yet-to-be explained, harmless phenomenon.

S-rank Jigenjutsu *[color=gold][b]Jigenjutsu • Tighten Time [Limbo: 7th Sense][/b][/color]
[i]S-rank Jigenjutsu[/i]
[i]Pre-Requisite: Jigenjutsu • Tighten Time [Limbo: Omniscience][/i]
After performing a set of hand seals, the user makes a custom gesture within a Guidance technique's duration. As a result, up to [1 person per 5 Control] selected within a 50m range will be able not only sense but interact with the user, becoming unaffected by the Guidance's stretched time. Any activity made between individuals under this technique's influence, like an injury, will not reverse. Now at this level, this can be performed in the human realm. To many masters, this is how they introduce Jigendo to their acolytes.

zippo

Post by zippo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:09 am

Final edits complete.

CDF

Post by CDF » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 am

This is all really cool and I haven't read all the way through yet, but will give you an old fashioned cdf review, but first, i really really really don't like the fact that this is a whole concentration thing. I think that's unneccesary, because this should already fall under the purview of space/time. It's not that big a specialization and I think it really sucks to make it require a concentration. These are jutsu people would end up doing in one way or the other eventually anyways, and it wouldn't require a whole conc, yanno?

But yea, i was thinking of doing something like this and it's a lot of fun. I look forward to going through this with you
- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

zippo

Post by zippo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:57 am

Makes sense. However, like Tenkujutsu, something so specialized, especially a style like this, will require a concentration.

Since it focuses on sensing and physical openings of dimensions within time and penetrating space, it allows battles to me made in seconds. It requires Jikukan to understand its complexities and experience, but has its own design like Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Tenkujutsu.

CDF

Post by CDF » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:21 pm

What you're describing is the definition of space time with a different aesthetic.

I understand that the more complicated jutsu may seem like they' require a whole concentration for it, but they're just a slight extension of space-time. I don't like the idea of making something that could be done without a conc to be made to have one. I could make these jutsu right now and get them on my character without having any requirements other than usual s/t.
- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

zippo

Post by zippo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

The goal I had in mind before: Spacetime is the required precursor to dimensions, but not the other way around.

However, I'll take your word for it though, and reveal the version you might find more desirable by mixing both of our perspectives.
*Edited in more categorization/governance in its design.*

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Closing due to age. Feel free to post and link if you'd like to continue the conversation. That said, if you need nocodes for this PM me and I'll get your work back to you.

This topic is complete

Return to “Finished”