Speed of Hand Sealing

Talto95

Speed of Hand Sealing

Post by Talto95 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:59 am

So Zippo's thread about concealed hand signs made me look into them a bit more. Reading a few things and doing research I found something that I believe might make more sense ((At least in my eyes)).

So in the stat rules I found this: Ninjutsu: The ninjutsu stat determines the number of concentration slots you’re able to utilize for ninjutsu, and the rank of the jutsu you’re able to learn. Additionally, the ninjutsu stat determines how fast you’re able to perform your hand seals for your ninjutsu.

Specifically the part that caught my attention was the part about you being able to weave hand signs faster. Instead of weaving hand signs faster it should take less hand signs to activate a jutsu. Here is proof that it can be done. This comes from the hand seal section off of narutopedia: While techniques may require a number of hand seals to work, a skilled ninja can use less or even one to perform the same technique. An example of this is the Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique, which requires a total of 44 hand seals to activate.[2]Tobirama Senju, the Second Hokage, only needed to use one hand seal to complete the technique, a testament to his skill.[3] In fact, by Part II, Sasuke Uchiha has managed to master the Chidori to the point of not needing a single hand seal to invoke it and could use Fire Release techniques with only one hand seal. By reading the hand seals of the opponent, a ninja can predict the nature of the technique to be performed, which is virtually unavoidable if read by the Sharingan.[4][5].

So my question is that can we change the stat definition to allow for this to be possible?

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Speed of Hand Sealing

Post by Director » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:54 am

Except the thing is with that Talt is its hard to measure specifically how long a jutsu takes to flourish. Lets say you measure a C-Rank finished in 1/3rd a post at 50 Ninjutsu. It'd muddle and be a mess because you can't coherently measure that accurately in roleplaying. Especially on a forum where posts vary in length. So the only measurement to accurately measure handseals would be time, however we don't directly have time here on the forum we couldn't everything by posts. It is generally agree'd upon that S-Rank takes longer than an A-rank, even if you have 50 ninjutsu, just because of the sheer scale.

Like an S(50) is more than S-Rank and so on so forth with every lower rank and higher rank. Not to mention that if you have a 50 ninjutsu stat'd person, and a 25 ninjutsu stat'd person, the 50 would finish a C-Rank faster than the 25, the 50 could probably finish a B-Rank faster. Its really hard to judge these times, and accurately portray them in the setting we have here so its left up to responsible rping to deduce accurately how long these jutsu take pending on your stat. And is completely relative to the setting in which you're in.

Like if your ninjutsu stat is higher than your opponent, in a battle you're always gonna finish your jutsu off the same rank first because yours is higher, but responsibly we're entrusting you to not game and saying, "Well I have 50 ninjutsu I'm just gonna spam S(50)s", because in actuality someone with 35 Ninjutsu could pop off A-ranks faster and well take you down. So it comes down to a matter of relativity and responsible roleplaying. Which at any time a member can call for a moderator discretion in any situation.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Nick

Speed of Hand Sealing

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Quick note, an S rank will of course always take more time than an a rank, but at 50 ninjutsu the amount of time is likely negligible considering the exponential nature of stats.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Talto95

Speed of Hand Sealing

Post by Talto95 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 pm

OK that's understandable, that's why it was a question/suggestion. I have a curious mind so I thought it'd be cool to ask. Thanks for responding :3

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Speed of Hand Sealing

Post by Director » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 pm

This topic is complete
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Return to “Finished”