Minor Country Hidden VIllage

Trucro

Post by Trucro » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Takigakure For a long time, I have wanted to see a minor village be created. Personally, I think it would add a great dynamic to the world and would add to stories and lore nicely. I understood that, when people could only have one missing nin each, that it was unlikely that a good number of people would want to dedicate their one, cool, savage mercenary to be just another village ninja, only in a smaller country, and with no clans. But now that people can have multiple missing ninja, I think it might be time for a real minor country hidden village.

I was hoping Zenchou might be this new village. But after talking to some people, and reading everything about it, it doesn’t exactly sound like that is for certain what the organization is doing. (correct me if I’m totally wrong, CHP). I would much rather some other people be creating this village (since my activity is pretty variant), but I am willing to put in the initial legwork if some other people would consider joining (and maybe takeover).

I have thought a lot about which country would be the best to have a hidden village. I’ve listed my top few below, so others can comment if they feel inclined to do so.

Rice Country:
Rice Country is an obvious choice. It was one of the first minor countries to have a village we were introduced to in the show, and it has a Fire Country-like climate. It borders Fire Country, and is close enough to interact with Rock Country and Lightning Country. Also, having a single, unified ruler could make the creation of the village rather simple; just do a PB convincing/threatening/murdering the leader, and then create the village. It has a few significant negatives however. The first is that it is not particularly unique; Rice Country is just a much smaller Fire Country (with a few details changed). The village would just be another village in a forest, or in a field. Something odd could be done (maybe make the village underground?) but Rice Country itself doesn’t actually provide any unique land for a village. Similarly, it borders other smaller countries, and it far from Water Country and Wind Country. Only bordering Fire Country, it might not make sense (lore-wise) for it to create a village (wouldn’t Fire Country stop them?).

Grass Country:
Grass Country is another obvious choice, and one I prefer to Rice Country. Grass Country also has a nice climate (for producing ninja I guess). Grass Country has a complex system of government, which still could be fine for PB’s. Grass Country’s real strength is its position: it borders Fire Country, and Rock Country, and is very close to Wind Country. Now its no Country 39, but its just about as good as it could get. Unfortunately, Grass Country shares a lot of the issues that Rice Country has. It has a similarly boring landscape. However, bordering two major countries, and being that close to a third, could be an interesting plot dynamic.

Waterfall Country:
Waterfall Country is my favorite (thus, the big Takigakure at the top of the post). It has a very interesting landscape which provides a great option for a hidden village (WATERFALLS!) and its in the middle of a lot of major countries! Bordering Rock Country and Fire Country, it isn’t too far from both Wind Country and Lightning Country as well. The government is an elected one, which could definitely lead to some interesting PB’s. Overall, I think this is the best option.

Rain Country:
This is the secret fourth option. It’d have to be created first, but no country is better positioned to be a political lightningrod like Country 39. Of course, if we are trying not to mess stuff up, maybe it makes sense not to pick potentially the most controversial option.

(I don’t know if/when the new countries submitted by us will be added, but if/when they are there may be other good options)

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else was interested in this like I am. Please post below if you are interested, or if you have preferences, ideas… or insults! I have been trying to find the best way to bring this up, and honestly it seemed to me like maybe there wasn’t the necessary enthusiasm to create a minor village, but I’d like to see if anyone’s interested before I give up on it. The mods spent time thinking up this dynamic (when they were making the rules on organizations) so I’m assuming there was at least an inkling in a few people that this might happen at some point.

Like I said above, I’d be willing to create the organization and do a lot of the original work, but I wouldn’t want to put the whole thing on my shoulders (because I don’t trust myself), so I’d prefer someone else to be the leader of the organization/village, and then we'd need other characters ideally including both minor country characters and missing village ninja.

This is the questions thread, so here’s my question:

Would an organization attempting to start a hidden village in a minor country need to do anything different in terms of the Organization application/set up? Would specific(mod mandated) PB’s be required, or could it just be made up as people go?

(of course, if no one is interested in this, there’d be no need to answer the questions)
CharactersShow

Akiro Jouchaku; Jounin; Kirigakure No Sato #007AA5

Ryuu Genkouyoushi; Jounin; Iwagakure No Sato

Mako Notaramu; Jounin; Sunagakure No Sato

Inozu Yamanaka A-Rank; Missing Nin #AF2626

CDF

Post by CDF » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:29 am

Join zenchou hoss, i'm already doing this lol
- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:54 am

I plan on creating Takigakure so you've got my support!

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:05 am

I've been advocating for the Hidden Rain village for a while now. If no one had planned on creating it then when I got more time to do so I would have done it on my own eventually, so you've got me there.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Trucro

Post by Trucro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Izanagi:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 am
I plan on creating Takigakure so you've got my support!
Nice! In what way did you plan on doing it if I might ask? I'm totally up to be helper

@THP, why did you choose Juu no Kuni.... its so far away, and has little population; it takes the village out of the center of all the action! :P

@Strategist You up for Takigakure too? Or you think Rain Country should be made first, then Amegakure?
CharactersShow

Akiro Jouchaku; Jounin; Kirigakure No Sato #007AA5

Ryuu Genkouyoushi; Jounin; Iwagakure No Sato

Mako Notaramu; Jounin; Sunagakure No Sato

Inozu Yamanaka A-Rank; Missing Nin #AF2626

CDF

Post by CDF » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:47 pm

For that very reason, it's far away from the big 5, so we're able to do a lot more without stepping on their toes. By the time any of them care about us, we'll be well established and have a massive sphere of influence.
- zenchou

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm still going to advocate for Rain country. Its environment is harsh and unforgiving but also ideal for specific kinds of plot that could only be done in nations without a major influence in the world. Like one of those behind the scene happenings that just sort of catch you off guard and run you through a loop. Besides, its placement in between other nations would make Rain country a hub for all sorts of things given the right circumstances. As far as the Hidden village is concerned, my stance is pretty much the same.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 pm

I suggest going through the IC process of creating an Org and achieving this IC. I don't plan on outright creating a village in the middle of our history, its out of place, tacky, and quite frankly sort of ruins grand plans for other members to be the first to make their own.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

CDF

Post by CDF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm

This topic is complete
- zenchou

Return to “Finished”