Drifting far off course

open

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Shinku woods. It looked much different than Gene remembered but then again, he'd only been a young boy the last time he'd been here. All of the trees were stripped of their crimson leaves and illustrious wonder and replaced with a dull and meager frosted appearance, such a shame...really. Yet and still, despite his malcontent Gene couldn't help but return to this mysterious and wondrous place as he had shared quite the experience with a certain Missing Shinobi back then. In all likelihood he doubted seriously that the same could happen now for he now knew of Nehan's identity and of her crimes against humanity. There simply was just no way for them to converse now duty bound as he was, he would ultimately try to bring her down and probably give his own life for the cause. That was just the sort of person Gene was after all - placing the mission, the service of his country and village, above even his own character.

Wandering across the soft snow filled terrain he breathed the cold air deep into his lungs, felt its touch against his skin and relished in the freshness that accompanied it; then, he let it all go. A thought came to him just then. "How many have we lost to this lifestyle already? How many have had to lay down their lives for this cause of ours...this dream of peace?" It was in truth, a question without an answer. He knew that as well as anyone bound to serve and yet he couldn't stop himself from asking...from remembering the many friends and comrades that had either died in front of him or outright fled the village for the sake of being free from this oath. How ironic he thought, that he carried a sword by the name of Oath breaker even now on his back. A momento to yet another Leaf that had drifted far off course...

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Taiga had been contemplating something for a long time now. He had grown considerably in power, and he had been growing closer to his true goal, which to understand required knowledge of his history. The half-Senju boy was born of a rather particular matrimony between a powerful shinobi family and an equally powerful Shinobi clan... and yet as a child the boy had neither skill-set. When many gave up on him, there was one... There was someone who had been close to him... and that person had died while Taiga was out of the village. Even if he had been in Konohagakure that day, he would have been far too weak to do anything... And every day he lived with the guilt knowing that when his village suffered he did and could not do a thing about it.

He grit his teeth. He would kill The Autumn Soldier, and after that, he would kill Enma and Yaku.

He had caught Gene the other day, merely by eyes, when he had been at the training area... and though the two had their differences and found it hard to get along he had a deep favor to ask, something he felt the boy would understand, actually. As such he knew Gene was around and had spent the better part of the day thus far searching from him, before finally finding him in the forest. From the trees themselves, he appeared, his ghoslty form sliding out of tree and towards Gene.

"Many... and those who took those lives are still alive, Gene."

Taiga was serious. He was not the joking boy dying for attention- doing pranks on his teammates and whatever could get human love... no, he was cold. He was inhuman.

"Gene, I have a favor to ask you."
, 1
Character NameVillageIC-RankStats
Nakajima, HayateKumogakure9th Raikage325
Kupu KupuSunagakureA-Rank Missing Ninja200
Sarutobi, TaigaKonohagakureGenin/Jinchuuriki149
Hasegawa, YuusukeSunagakureChuunin161

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 am

"You know, I'm still not used to that yet." Gene spoke once Taiga had begun to materialize nearby, fighting an urge to reach for a weapon even then as he watched curiously. No matter how many times he had seen it for himself Gene still could not believe that Taiga of all people possessed such a frightening and powerful spirit within him - and yet, here they were. Adjusting the tightness of the white scarf around his neck Gene replied, "So what's the favor?"

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 am

Taiga bowed his head to Gene, the shadows and smoke slowly drifting away as he stepped to his former teammate, until finally, just Taiga in his normal form was visible. He paused drawing a deep breath as a drag of smoke escape his lips. Then looked straight past the man before him. He was swallowing as much of his pride as he could. His hand ran through the back of his hair. "Many sins were committed against our village, Gene." he said solemnly.

"Gene. I'm going to break Takeo's and the others orders."

Taiga had steeled himself for this moment.

"I'm leaving the village, and fortunately, here in Fur Country, there is relatively nothing Konohagakure can do without bringing about penalty for upsetting the peace of this event." his eyes darted back to Gene. His sides itched- his holsters. His fingers twitched and were prepared to draw weapon if the needed arrived. "This is as official as I can be about it Gene, but I'm leaving Konohagakure. I tried to follow the law- the way of the village. It was in my way."

Secretly Taiga hoped his former teammate would beg him to stay, to change his mind. "I do and always shall bleed Konohagakure blood. But right now, there's a blood price that needs to be paid Gene." He paused, his fist tightening into a ball. HIs requests had been rejected, his attempts to obtained information had failed.

"There's some men I need to kill. For the world's sake. When it's done, I'll come back to the village. But, please let everyone know for me." Taiga turned his head to the side. His heart throbbed- to do this... After Zakuro... after everyone... but still, it was different, wasn't it? He was leaving to complete a mission for the village, a mission he'd given him self.... He wasn't leaving forever, he wouldn't hurt anyone, and he was not to become an enemy of the village.

"I hope you can understand, Gene."
, 1

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:10 pm

There was a fire burning within the young man that he could not have spoke on even if he'd tried, a deep seated anguish that all but crept through Gene's body and bled out from his eyes as a disdainful stare. It could have even been said that in this moment he truly resented Taiga for everything that he was and wasn't but no words escaped him; for he knew that to speak now would have been to soil the integrity of the situation & more importantly, himself. Gone were the days where personal opinions played a part in Gene's decision making though that hardly meant he were a stranger to the waves when they came. In truth, there was absolutely nothing he could have done to prevent what he felt from surging through him and so he set his mind to the task of remaining still and listening intently even if his heart wanted nothing more than to erase the matter entirely. He'd hoped that Taiga wasn't about to say what he thought was coming but of course, there'd been no point in trying to stave off the inevitable.

Finally, he could contain himself no longer. "You think you're the only one with a grudge against a rogue Shinobi? I'm sure if you walk the streets of our village, any village for that matter where there are ninja you'll find that there are at least thousands of people who feel and think just the same as you." Gene folded one arm over another and learned up against the nearest tree to him. "Zakuro, Nehan, Enma and even our own instructor. All of them chose to follow a personal grudge of some kind rather than find something other than rage and hatred to fill their void and do you know what has changed since then?" Gene was staring directly at Taiga now, his expression passive and his tone less threatening than it should have been considering the situation. "Absolutely nothing. No great justice has come from what they've done nor has it ever come about simply by murdering someone who isn't favorable to society. Sure, you might feel great for a while but eventually the hole left will open again and then what? Who will you target then?" If ever there were a time for a smoke, Gene thought, now would have been it.

"Basically, what I'm saying is it won't matter in the end how many lives you take in your quest for a self serving cause. We're Shinobi, we fight and die in the line of duty and yeah it might suck but there's probably a better way than having your village put a search out on you that could be avoided. After Zakuro don't expect there to not be a heavy penalty if you try to go about it your way."

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

"How sentimental," came the sudden baritone voice of an intruder upon the scene, an unwelcome guest at a house party meant for two. The voice belonged to a young man, though older than the two present, who stood not far away from the both of them behind the younger of the two, leaning up against a dying crimson tree with his arms crossed over his bare chest, one leg propped up with his bare knee sticking out from his cloak, foot planted on the tree behind him. There was a smile on his lips that painted lines upon his hard, carved face. He was amused by what he saw, at the drama that was unfolding. How could he not? A couple of ninja in a foreign land were having a not-so-casual discussion about one of them going rogue! It was downright comical, to him.

"You know I haven't been this choked up since I had a hunk of takoyaki stuck in my throat!" Aimi jested, pushed off of the tree and standing up straight with his right hand on his hip. He was immensely glad that he'd decided to follow the younger of the two, the one who had seemingly faded into existence, from the main fair grounds. Really it had only been chance that he noticed the white haired shinobi stepping away from the main fair ground and going into the woods. He hadn't really thought too much of it at first, after all this was a gathering of shinobi from all over the world. Perhaps they were just going off to train alone? At the time, he'd simply turned back to his potato based dish and continued to eat, occasionally looking up from it in the direction of the woods and wondering. Not too long afterwards, though, Aimi saw the light brown haired shinobi go off in the same direction, and by that point he'd been curious enough to put down his dish and follow after them himself. Of course he'd almost immediately lost track of the younger of the two, what with the whole fading from existence thing, but the other had been much easier to track. From there, he'd simply stuck to the background to watch the encounter take place...

Until now, of course.

For the moment, though, he would simply stay where he was, electing to let the two of them react to him showing himself rather than agitating either of them further. He had a feeling from the broody air between them that his little joke would cause enough friction, anyways.
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Three figures, clothed in dark robes with dark hair moved at somewhat of a walking pace that appeared to have no sign of hurry in them but the movements while quiet were not completely silent and anyone who had any bit of instinct would be able to pick up the movement of the three entities. The three figures were slowly approaching the new figure who had shown himself and as the three came into view it would be easy to notice that they were most likely clones as each were the exact same in appearance. These three clones were Mushi clones of the older Aburame who had concealed himself in the treeline the was off to the left side of the two Konoha nin, he'd come actually to speak with Gene but had stumbled upon the two of them and instead allowed himself to be the shadow that he was suppose to be. The young one wished to leave? Such a thing could not be allowed, especially of a shinobi with the status of Taiga.

The three clone had been made to actually be used to surround the younger shinobi if Gene's words were unable to bring reason into his muddled thoughts of self righteousness, but they had been diverted with the appearance of Aimi. Due to his background, even though he didn't know of the man he did immediately recognize the man for whom he was it was the ironical bruising on the shinobi's forehead that labeled him as a Kaguya of the Hidden Mist village. A slow smile had creeped onto the original's face as he continued to lurk in the shadow with his sun glasses pulled down on the tip of his sharp nose. "My my, you seem to have wandered into a place that you shouldn't be..."

JutsuShow

[True Shadow]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 35 Instinct
Taking the art of hunting into the realm of combat, the user is able to stalk a target with the skill rivaling any professional, moving up to their full speed while shadowing the movements of their prey and moving with the utmost silence. So long as their (Taijutsu+Instinct)/2 is higher than the target's Instinct then they will be able to approach them undetected by traditional means. Often this means the target isn’t even aware of the user's presence until the attack has already begun.

~Mushi Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After the appropriate hand seals, the Aburame member's mushi are gathered into one place and pattern themselves after the user or anyone else they choose. The technique is elaborate enough to be mistaken for the original, and therefore may be used as a decoy or as part of a diversionary tactic. When the clones stamina stat is used up/it is destroyed, it falls apart into the mushi it is made of. Each clone cannot use jutsu and has the following stats:27
[*]Taijutsu: 5
[*]Stamina: 5
[*]Strength: 7
[*]Speed: 10

x3
CharactersShow
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Future Mizukage
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Future Bannin
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Aburame Hito - Retired Jounin - In Regs
Ji Ning - Prosthetic Body Genin - Iwa

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:01 am

"Mind your tongue before I cut it out and feed it to you." Gene remarked with a cobra's venom laced in his words, this situation could not have gotten any worse! Cursing his own luck Gene fought to maintain his composure and kept any signs of surprise or mental instability suppressed, aided only in part due to the inability to feel fear as it was. He'd certainly felt his skin crawling as an unidentified pair of eyes watched him but the sound of swords and scrolls swaying in the wind and rubbing up against a Tree as the nameless intruder propped himself against it and that was all that Gene needed to confirm the reality of the situation for himself. And while I'm at it, I'll need to learn to be more careful with my own. He wasn't there long, of this I am confident but...on the off chance that he heard everything I'll have to silence him quickly. Just then Gene had a vision of himself being strung up by a rope for all to see with a signpost nearby that read: "Murderer" "Devil" and "Disgrace" all of which caused him to reconsider a few holes in his plan.

I uh - I won't kill him. Just rough him up a bit ...maybe a concussion or two will smarten this guy up. However, the sound of footsteps so quiet and light that Gene had almost missed the noise stirred his mind further into uncertainty. His eyes were now trained to Aimi searching for a reaction to the noise in order to gauge two things for himself. First, Gene would discover if whether or not this additional person was a friend of the mystery Shinobi; if such were the case then it would have been unlikely for the man to appear surprised or concerned with the development - hell, the guy may have even dismissed it outright. However, if he wavered even a little Gene would pick up on it. Secondly, Gene also wanted to determine the skill level of a soon to be opponent. After all, anyone capable of getting so close to him had to be of at least Jounin standings...which meant trouble.

Leaning forward and off of the tree Gene placed his left hand upon Oath breaker's handle and undid one of its restrictions with the other while not breaking his line of sight with Aimi. Forced to watch Taiga with his peripheral field of vision Gene did his best to not lose sight of the Sarutobi clan member. This was a matter fit for a higher authority to deal with and Gene set himself to the task of finding a path of least resistance. Naturally, he would need to subdue Taiga quickly and remove him from the equation quickly before his..erratic behavior made matters more difficult to handle.

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 am

Taiga's body was burning. If it wasn't for his bodily control- he'd of been shaking. Taking in a big breath and then releasing it in a long, drawn out manner as white smoke escaped his lips, he looked at Gene. He could tell Gene was tilted- something he'd rarely ever seen. It was clear to him that the words he had just said had completely caught the oh-so-composed shinobi off guard.

"I don't think I am the only one with a grudge against a rogue Shinobi, Gene. And that's exactly why I'm here." his feet were feeling vibrations- something on the earth moving and coming their way. His eyes shifted for a moment, though without much care returned to Gene. "Justice cannot be delivered to them as long as the village is doing nothing, and every day the list of missing ninja from our village is growing Gene. This goes beyond me revenging the death of people like Senju Shou- my uncle. There is human trash from our village causing harm and someone has to end that." Taiga's fist tightened.

"Every day more people from our village are killing innocent people... and what are we doing about it... waiting with our damn hands in our pockets." The smoke began to steam off of Taiga as if showing his inner mood- the hood forming around him. "Gene, I said I came here to ask you a favor."

As more people approached, Taiga continued to ignore them. Even if Gene responded, he didn't really care for the uninvited guests.

"Gene, come with me. Let's take these guys down together, for everyone."

Taiga extended his hand out. He was serious.

"Zakuro was wrong cause he tried to do it alone... and I'm an idiot but I have learned. The Leaf is a family, and it's family who helps you achieve your goals." Family after all kept you on track.

Taiga hoped Gene accepted his offer. He would carry out his desire regardless, but he hoped Gene could be there with him.
, 1

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 am

Aimi's blue eyes snapped to the fellow white haired shinobi as he barked threats at him, his expression otherwise unchanging. 'Cut my tongue out and feed it to me? How very old school of him,' the Kaguya couldn't help but think as he continued to stare the man down. The thought of such a petty dismemberment was actually humorous to him to the point that he could be visibly seen holding back a laugh, his smile widening and his chest lightly rising and falling from the effort of holding back his guffaws. What was a little thing like having your tongue cut off when you could grow it back in less than three minutes, after all? What was perhaps most amusing of all, though, was the sight of the man actually pulling himself into a battle ready position as if he meant to do battle with Aimi, as if that was a wonderful to try and start something with a foreign shinobi at a festival with such emphasis on non violence between villages. Then again, he had walked in on something he shouldn't have.

A fact that was not lost to the extra sneaky member of what was becoming a five man band of ninja. Aimi admittedly hadn't noticed him at first, he was rather focused on the two young men he'd been following after all, but at the sound of rustling foliage coming from behind him the long haired shinobi broke his staring contest with the other pale headed ninja and turned to look over his shoulder, spotting not just the three triplets (clones, fairly obvious at a glance) but also seeing signs of their progenitor behind him - very, very well hidden signs at that. "No, I think I'm right where I need to be," he said to the clone who had spoke, turning his back on them entirely and looking back towards the other two.

It was at this point that the youngest among them, who had rather rudely ignored the sudden appearance of the proud Kaguya, began to smoke and talk some more, directing his words at the older Konoha ninja rather than anyone else present. "Tsch, how droll. Talk of leaving your village as if it's a thing to do. You know you're very lucky that you're not from Kirigakure, little one," Aimi said, referring to the smoking, actually two inches taller, young would-be-defector. "I don't feel bad telling you since they're so famous, or perhaps infamous, but there's an entire sect of specialized shinobi dedicated to hunting down and exterminating defectors. I think every village should have at least one! As for you two," he continued, returning his eyes back towards the man who's hand was upon his sword. The bare chested ninja decided that this was as good of a time as any to demonstrate a bit of skill to all parties present - that was the point of the Festival of the Hunt, after all.

Aimi would take a single half step in order to widen his stance and, for anyone who's eyes were not sharp enough to perceive it, that would be all the movement he seemed to make. For those who could see him, Aimi would turn his body in a flash of speed and taijutsu prowess, his front facing towards the three clones and his back to the two young shinobi. His hands would move down to the sheath of his sword and the sword itself, grabbing onto the titular sheath and the handle respectively before drawing it with such speed, such a practiced movement, that if either of them blinked they would miss it - perhaps even if they didn't blink. If they were not sharp enough of eye, his movements would be nearly impossible to follow as he drew the blade from out of it's sheath and horizontally across his body, swinging it in a wide arch that sent a slice of air forth towards the clones, intent on bisecting them and, what's more, anything that stood behind them for several meters. With the same incredible speed he would resheath his blade and stand back up straight - the entire set of maneuvers taking an instant to execute, to the point that lesser men would assume he'd teleported.

"If you're going to insist upon interrupting this tasty drama with your aggression, passive or otherwise, then I encourage you to step forward and get on with it," he said, putting emphasis on each part as it pertained to their respective intended targets, the jounin once more standing up straight and half turning so that he could face either his white haired counterpart or the ninja hiding in the shadows, either one. "Otherwise, let the kid finish his business and let me finish watching - because I'm invested at this point."

Jutsu UsedShow
[Iaido • Dragon Strike]
B-Ranked Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 35 Strength and Speed
The user steps forward with the front leg while unsheathing the blade in a horizontal attacking motion across the body. So swift is this technique that it is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' Instinct is greater than or equal to the user's Speed. This slash creates a thin wave of nearly invisible air which cuts whatever it comes into contact with with 1/2 the user's Strength and travels up to a distance equal to the user's Strength in meters.

*[Iaido • Breakneck Sheath]
B-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 25 Speed
Through incredible amounts of practice the user of this technique has gained such a vast knowledge of Iaido and their sheath in particular that they have perfected the art of sheathing their sword. As such, they can sheath their weapon single handed if need be, and can do so with the same blinding speed that they would deliver a slash with, allowing them to chain together attacks with even more speed than before.
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm

There would be no verbal reply from the three clones that had halted their advance on the Kiri-nin, seeming to only be observing the man's actions to ensure that the big talk that was coming from the bare chested ninja could in actuality be backed up by some form of strength. The true Jizo was still located in the shadows of the forest behind Gene and the young Konoha-nin at this point, quietly observing the situation unfold before him now as he created another clone of insects that that slowly walk forward out of the forest to 'join' the two men who were speaking as though he was it was the real deal. But it was also in that moment that the eyes of some would have been drawn to Aimi's hand as it moved to his sword which was followed by a display of skill with the blade, the attack easily overpowering the three weak bug clones and even slicing through the trees that had been behind the clones causing them to collapse.

It was that movement which was being tracked by the sharp of the Anbu that caused him to narrow his eyebrows slightly causing for them to actually fall in line with the top rim of the dark sunglasses that hid the man's eyes from the sight of others. One hand reached up and actually pushed the framed glasses up slightly on the bridge of the nose as he started to truly take a closer look at the man's movements during the strike and the attire and weaponry which could be seen. To him attacking the clones as if he new the real one either meant that the man was confident that the user of the clones was either weak or wasn't present but it also meant something else to the Aburame. That specifically was that the man didn't hold Konoha-nin within his eyes and it was that thought which truly irritated the second term Anbu member at this point in time.

'Very well, grind and attack to his limbs...' The command was not given aloud but the insects that had made up the clones who had just been severed in half heard it loud and clear, as the man had already spun around to face the white haired Konoha shinobi his clones collapsed back into around five synch worth of the Aburame's Kouyou Swarm. The bugs made their move, having received their host's intent, knowing what the end goal looked like for them as the burst forward with speed that was even faster then the movements of the Kiri shinobi and his blade only a moment before (45 speed), they were attempting to first envelop the man from all sides and then use their sharp mandibles before continuously assaulting the target repeatedly in an attempt to cut, slice, and penetrating through whatever the target is in their center. But that was only the first portion of the attack, the second portion would be if they managed to trap the target to apply themselves to each of the limbs and then release the swarms Chakra Injection ability without holding back.

Jizo saw this an not only an opportunity to vent his anger towards the Konoha who had technically attacked him first, speaking about his clones, but also this was a Kaguya specimen. He'd preferred to take this one, Aimi, back alive and allow for those medical shinobi and scientist to experiment on his body. It would be much easier to capture him if he was crippled which was just what the bugs would do to the man's limbs if they were able to envelop one or all of the foreign shinobi's limbs during the surprise attack. Though he was still a bit unsure of the man's true strengths and thus only allowed for the first squad to conduct this attack leaving the other two squads in reserve and even having them hold back a bit not using there full strength. If need be then another squad of the bugs could be dispatched to help deal with this nuisance, but the experience shinobi felt that just one squad should be sufficient for such a tasking...
Combat stuffShow
Jizo

~Mushi Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After the appropriate hand seals, the Aburame member's mushi are gathered into one place and pattern themselves after the user or anyone else they choose. The technique is elaborate enough to be mistaken for the original, and therefore may be used as a decoy or as part of a diversionary tactic. When the clones stamina stat is used up/it is destroyed, it falls apart into the mushi it is made of. Each clone cannot use jutsu and has the following stats:27
[*]Taijutsu: 5
[*]Stamina: 5
[*]Strength: 7
[*]Speed: 10

[Observing For Patterns]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 15 Instinct
During combat with a target, the user carefully observes their movements looking for aspects that are repeated in their style, attempting to determine attack or defense patterns of the target in order to develop counter measures for the opponent.

[Closer Look]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 15 Instinct
The user has grown accustomed to taking into account the small details about a person, be it out of combat in which the user is able to glance over the shinobi's attire and exposed weapons to determine their possible styles of fighting. Or in combat were the user's takes note of small movements made by the body, the small utterances of eye movement, and the ambient sounds of the body. This allows for the user to accomplish other techniques based on the analysis made with this technique.

[Scan]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
A discipline that allows the user to quickly memorize his surroundings and the environment to the minute detail, granting them the ability to move seamlessly without having to look where they going within that area. This is a constant effect as the user always takes in every detail of every environment they are within, and has a perfect picture in their mind at all times of what's around them.

Swarm

[Advanced Movement - Grinding]
B-Ranked Maneuver
Requirements: A Swarm and 20 Instinct
Upon the command 'Grind' all or a portion of the swarm(s) will begin to swirl around a determined target or group of targets as the go into a frenzy and use their sharp mandibles before continuously assaulting the target(s) repeatedly attempting to cut, slice, and penetrating through whatever the target is in their center.

[Expert Movement - Stalking]
A-Ranked Discipline
Requirements: 30 Instinct
Upon the command 'Stalk', a portion of the swarm will demonstrate the art of hunting prey, bring that skill into the realm of combat, the portion of the swarm is able to stalk a target with the skill rivaling any professional, moving up to their full speed while shadowing the movements of their prey and moving with the utmost silence. So long as their synch stat is higher than the target's Instinct then they will be able to approach them undetected by traditional means. Often this means the target isn’t even aware of the user's presence until the attack has already begun.

Swarm Ability Info:[/b]

50 Synch: The wave of chakra is enough to shatter internal organs rendering them more or less a mangled mass of flesh within the body and if performed on a limb the muscle tissue and the bone will be fracture and torn into a multitude of pieces rending the limb unable to be used until medical treatment is rendered or they have some form of regeneration to deal with the injuries.
CharactersShow

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 pm

When Gene first caught sight of the insect swarm he forced himself not to look away. There were many, many things that he remarked as bizarre or strange but never before had he witnessed anything so cold, calculating and stomach turning as this. Converging on the subject of the youthful specialist's growing ire were small insects that when viewed under the magnifying lens of his ocular scope lens, appeared more like lamprey than any insect he'd seen before. I get it now. So the one who I'd been hearing earlier wasn't a potential threat...but an Ally. Gene's Auburn colored hues lit up as a realization came to him and his attention drifted back toward Taiga who oddly enough hadn't stopped talking throughout the ordeal though Gene wished he would.

From the bit that he managed to catch in between Aimi's interjection Gene couldn't say that the situation had shown any signs of de-escalating itself. Unlike Fanho or the sleuth of Konoha bred Shinobi that had come before him Gene did not share any sentiment that those not born to his immediate household were truly his family and with his mother somewhere rolling in her grave and his Father likely in a Grief stricken drunken stupor over the loss back in the village, the subject had been a tough selling point which ultimately would allow Gene to look beyond Taiga's words. Sure, a part of him; likely the childish optimist dwelling far beneath the surface, wanted to agree with Taiga. However, the pragmatist simply could not and would not. It didn't matter how the Sarutobi clansmen dressed up his words to desert the village without proper authority under any circumstance was considered an act of treason, a punishable crime. Minoru, Zakuro...and now you, huh? Gene thought as he removed his hand from the hilt of Oath breaker and in an ever so subtle method of chakra control and manipulation began flowing chakra through to the surface of the palm of his hand. "Family, huh?" The words felt almost bitter as they'd left his lips and even Gene couldn't help but notice just how uncomfortable the subject of bonds, ties and friendships among other things made him.

Taiga believed that it was Gene's love of family that kept him around the village, kept him taking task after task and running errands for elders who likely couldn't have cared less about him. True, some part of him did feel that homely attachment but when he thought about it - really thought about it, Gene realized that he didn't actually like anyone residing in Konoha. Fanho, someone who Gene had once called friend as a youth now seemed ever distant and it'd been no secret as to why. Even as a young teen Gene had always shown an uncanny knack for making decisions others would shy from - in particular, recent fugitive and former peer Garudo, Zakuro being placed as a high priority target seemed to bother Gene less than the male hearing about Fanho losing in combat to him. In fact, when Gene thought about it, something about Taiga's behavior now struck him as odd compared to then.

His hand drew closer to Taiga's but Gene's mind remained elsewhere. What does it matter? Whether I stay or go the result won't change. You know that don't you, Taiga? Gene pondered the idea of abandoning the village and how far he would get before inevitably going his own way, leaving Taiga to whatever device awaited him. ....Not very far, he conceded. Jizo wasn't a known face by any means in Gene's book of honorable mentions but one would have had to be a damned fool not to hear about how efficient the Aburame clan was at catching their target. A man of his station wouldn't be captured alive and Taiga would likely be subdued in the most painful albeit efficient manner possible. It was an all around lose - lose and for what? A whim? For all Taiga knew all of the people he were trying to go after were already dead which, if that were the case then Gene would have had to be an idiot to follow blindly after him. Suddenly, his hand stopped moving just shy of Taiga's.

"I'll tell you what. Since you're so sure of this goal of yours then how's about a wager?" It was a gamble but one that he absolutely had to take; it was bad enough that he already felt shitty for not being able to de-escalate things between himself and the Kiri Shinobi, before resorting to his guns Gene would try one last time to instill some level of "chill the fuck out" in his counterpart. If that didn't work then...

I

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 am

Taiga had been trying to have a conversation with Gene and an important one, so it had been an absolute pity that so many others had stepped in. He hadn't minded for at first it had been just a nuisance... however with the more than hostile atmosphere, what was nuisance had become trouble. The Kirigakure ninja- who was now identified as a Kaguya, had become more than troublesome and his own kind- a Konohagakure shinobi who was assumedly an Aburame by his use of bugs, was now going for him with bloodlust. It was the last thing we needed.

"I'm sorry Gene, but I'm going to need a moment before we can discuss that wager-" he said as smoke suddenly shot up around him rapidly. His head disappeared behind the guise of white smoke, black wings forming off his back and flapping once before closing around his body and forming a regal jet-black cape. The Jinchuuriki was upset. He was supposed to be the immature one here, but the ANBU-type folk had shown once again their psychopathic tendencies and complete lack of common sense.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid Konoha cannot be involved in any international incidents, especially ones involving hurting or taking a prized member of an esteemed clan of an already rocky opponent." He would instantly drop through the ground- and then come up with his hand, grabbing Aimi by the ankle. He aimed to pull the Kaguya under. He would then double back and release the Kaguya back above ground somewhere else.

"Just leave. Those types of guys are nothing but meat heads, yanno."

He'd continue his conversation with Gene, assuming there would be a chance. Probably the Aburame would attack him next though if anything.
Last edited by Hayate on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
, 1

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:51 am

The clones were easily bisected and their true forms revealed. As the cloud of swirling bugs came into being Aimi's head was drawn towards them, his expression rapidly changing from confused to concerned to disgusted in rapid succession. "Fucking gross..." he said to himself. The Kaguya, much like the sword-wielding ninja across the way from him, had never seen the Aburame in action before, and so was not sure what to make of the insects. Not that he had much time to contemplate about the insects, though, before they were upon him! His eyes widened and his brows rose up on his forehead, his expression going slack as instinct kicked in and the violent realization that the swarm of carnivorous (presumably, in truth Aimi hadn't the foggiest idea but fear made him assume that they were) insects was coming for him!

His reaction was immediate and swift - as swift as was possible to be, in fact. As the swarm closed the distance between where they had stood as clones and where Aimi had stood to assault them, the Kaguya's legs were moving, spreading apart and tensing up as he prepared to dash away with all of his might. He bent his knees and rose up onto the balls of his feet all in preparation for the physical shock that he was about to put his legs through. Then, in a flash of speed that was fueled by fear of the unknown, the jounin moved and his body was a distorted blur of movement, his physical features becoming smeared for an instant as if he were a wet painting that had had a dry brush dragged over it. Then he was gone, vanished in nearly the same instant at the swarm converged upon his location!

It had all happened in less than the blink of an eye, but in that time Aimi had dashed from where he'd been standing to a distance that was 5 meters away directly backwards. A clever tracker might have even been able to see the subtle but still present trail he left on the ground below him as his feet quickly carried him out of danger's way, though even an experienced tracker ninja might not have been able to make much sense of it. His tracks were just barely there at all, almost as if he'd been gliding over the ground rather than running over it. Indeed, the Kaguya had been so quick on the retreat due to his fear of whatever it was the Aburame's insects might have done to him that he practically had been flying.

As he came to a stop, his feet planted firmly on the ground but his legs ready to spring into action at an instant's notice, the low hanging leaves of the trees around him and even the grass at his feet were all blown backwards by the sudden wind that he'd generated. The long-haired jounin's displacement had been so quick and sudden that he'd forced the air out of the space it had been occupying to travel in the direction that he'd come in. He'd moved so quickly that his hair had come forward into his face, flying over the top of his head and the sides and for a brief instant blinding him. It was this instant that gave the resident jinchuriki the chance he needed to act.

Aimi felt the tug on his ankle and tensed up, immediately assuming that in his momentary blindness he'd allowed some of the bugs to creep up on him before being overtaken by a sense of vertigo as he was pulled underneath the ground and transported to a different location entirely. He’d blink and be back above ground, the jounin swiping his hand up over his face and through his hair to slick it back and get it out of the way of his eyes, said eyes quickly darting around from side to side to look around where he was.

He caught sight of the genma host as he spoke directly to him for the first time. His body was still tense, still ready for action, but he heard and was able to process everything that was being said to him. He let out a huff of held air and drew in fresh breath, his chest rising for the first time since before he’d dashed backwards in retreat. ”You know that’s good, because I don’t think Konoha could afford to have the sort of heat Kirigakure would put on it over a potential capture of a jounin,” he said, knowing deep in his heart that if he was captured, Kirigakure would do nothing about it. Except maybe send an assassin to end his life, potentially.

”That being said,” he continued, his body language relaxing a bit as he stood up a bit straighter, his eyes and ears still perked for the sound of an insect swarm that was potentially near by. ”If I have it understood correctly, you are kind of an international incident, what with your whole desertion scheme you’ve got going on. I’m not after you now, don’t get me wrong,” he clarified, wanting to be clear. ”Quite the opposite… Say I want to help you escape these woods, for amusement’s sake more than anything else. I think you could use my help, potentially. I’ve a sneaking suspicion you couldn’t outrun those insects, after all,” he stated plainly.

”Listen, if you want to leave home to go after whoseits over whatsits, that’s none of my business. You’re not from Kirigakure. But this festival is a chance to show off my skills! And you’re insisting that I just leave before I’ve had a proper chance to do that? What kind of a shinobi do you take me for?” he asked, spreading his arms wide on either side of him almost as if to go for an embrace, but more directly to illustrate his own bravado. ”So what do you say you point me back in the direction of your dramatic friend and… his crawling buddy. You can finish your talk or whatever, and I can have my fun! Doesn’t that benefit all parties involved?” he asked, bouncing on the balls of his feet on the spot, adrenaline still fresh and rushing through his system like wildfire.

Stat Training: Speed

1,048/1000
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm

'Hm?' As the man's bugs had swiftly and silent attempted to surround and disable the Kiri shinobi the man let forth a burst of speed that was unlike anything the Aburame had seen before aside from his own swarm's maximum speed. Due to this fact alone, having not told the swarm of small beetles to use their full strength against the swordsman it resulted in a miscalculation on his own part leaded to the man escaping the prepared encirclement that would have been a painful place to have ended up from Aimi. While it somewhat upset the man for his prey to have escaped due to a miscalculation on his part it also perked his interesting in the shinobi now a seeing as the stranger truly had some level of skill. ‘I wonder who this Kiri-nin is…

It left the sunglass wearing man who had concealed himself at the maximum range he could to still be able to partially see the targets using the natural environment as camouflage for his real self. Their as truly no need to involve himself personally as the ANBU member knew his strengths and weaknesses very well and would never willingly fight head on against someone as fast and strong as the shinobi before him. Leaving such heaving lifting tasks to his primary swarm, the Kouyou Swarm, the same swarm that had earned the nickname of the phantom swarm or their unique chakra infusion ability that could kill without leaving a mark on the outside of the body. Though...his attention was drawn away from the magnificent sight of Aimi’s speed due to the words of the spoiled kid amongst the company of Gene and his other clone that had joined the two. “Foolish child...you are merely a simple minded, spoiler brat...

The words flew from the mouth of the bug clone beside the two Konoha-nin, there would always be those who didn’t understand the place or duty of the ANBU, those who did not approve of their methods which was the reasoning for the amount of secrets within the organization and the reasoning behind only the Hokage being the sole person truly in charge of the group. From within his hiding spot the man’s gloved hands formed a short series of hand seals now as he watched the genma host clearly expose the aura of his genma now and merge into the ground. This caused for the insects which had previously been attacking for two portions of them to merge back together into the form of two bug clone as their target had been pulled beneath the earth by whom could have only been the Leaf shinobi. ‘This child...he’s been let run free for far to long without a chaperone. Gene-san…

As the pair of clones formed the remaining insects rapidly dug down into the ground disappearing from sight like the pair of shinobi had just done. Soon the host and the Kiri-nin emerged from the ground and the clone next to Gene spoke directly to him now as the bugs within were able to receive messages mentally from the true Jizo. “Gene-san, are you truly just going to allow for the boy to run around in such a reckless manner. He is one of the village’s weapons, after all. But with this attitude and blatant disrespect...is he worthy to be one?” It was true that Jizo did not fully know of the backstory which had caused for the host to become like this but if one wanted an honest answer from the Aburame, it would be simple; he didn’t give a fuck about the reasoning.

If the boy truly wished to attempt to leave the village than he would deal with the matter but he wanted to give his superior the opportunity to take action and fix this problem with the boy first out of the amount of respect he had for the man and due to the appearance of a relationship that he had with Taiga. There was no such thing as status for the man outside of his organization and the Hokage, a genma could always be removed from the host and placed in another if that host wasn’t fit for the spirit or had ideals that didn’t reflect those of the Hokage and the village….

CombatShow
[Advanced Movement - Tunneling Ambush]
B-Ranked Maneuver
Requirements: A Swarm and 20 Instinct
Upon the command 'Tunnel' all or a portion of the swarm controlled by the host will begin begins to tunnel underground at a speed of their synch making their way to their target. These tunnels are roughly three-to-six inches in diameter and when the swarm is at a location the Aburame wants them to burst forth from they will be giving the command 'Emerge' at which time they will burst forth from the ground at a strength of their synch slicing and penetrating with their mandibles at the target's lower body attempting to ultimately completely envelop the target(s).

CharactersShow

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm

phpBB [video]
This is not good! The thought rang out like a church bell, echoing in Gene's mind. Up until now he could have explained away Taiga's behavior as just the deeds of someone lacking direction. Often putting his own reputation and status as a Shinobi on the line to do so but seldom receiving any true criticism because of the fact that up until now, Taiga had never blatantly used his powers in a manner that might have even been considered a true threat to the village. However, as though to be a tower of cards, in just one moment all of that was send toppling down to the ground. Not only had Taiga openly spoke of deserting the village under unjustifiable pretenses, he'd entered the highest possible Genma form to save a Kirigakure Shinobi, a known potential threat in the current political climate and in front of an Anbu operative no less! Implications at this level would be severe and any guarantee that Gene might have been able to offer in the way of Taiga's well being was all but stripped away with his one thoughtless act. You sure do know how to pick your battles, kid. A thought grounded in sarcasm and a somber realization, passed through Gene's mind.

Despite their many, many differences Gene had always considered Taiga to be someone with at least halfway decent intentions but as he stood there playing each detail back in his mind, he'd realized that somewhere deep down the Taiga that he used to know had been warped by notions of revenge. There was a hatred budding in the boy which, in their line of work should have been expected. However, his status as a Genma host made him more susceptible to those feelings and by extension, a liability in his current state. Gene could not in good conscious tell his subordinate to stand down knowing full well that at this point, all of their lives were in danger. He could not in good conscious, fight for Taiga's continued freedom to the council and to the Hokage when time and time again the Sarutobi clan member had proven his capacity to be unpredictable, unreliable and most of all, unreasonable. While Taiga ran around acting as though his ideals, beliefs and outlooks were the only thing that mattered, Gene and those who served under him were bound to selfless service. No man or woman under his jurisdiction, under the Commanders jurisdiction, had been allowed to put themselves over the values of others and were expected to maintain a standard. So, he wondered, what was it that made Taiga so different?

When the words of Jizo's clone reached his ears Gene realized - no, he understood wholeheartedly what was being asked of him. Jizo hadn't come right out and said it out of respect for him and Gene appreciated the man for doing so but deep down, he knew what was necessary. If Taiga couldn't muster up the self discipline to put himself in check then the Anbu would have to do it for him. Even still, whether it had been a result of nostalgia; some distant dedication to the words of his former mentor, Minoru, Gene's heart actually ached. Taiga would force him to make a tough decision without understanding that the decision was made from the very beginning. "He might be simple minded, that much we can agree on. I can't think of a rational excuse behind what we both just saw but here's what's going to happen; you and me are going to capture him and take him back to the village. From that point it'll be up to Lord Hokage to decide what to do with him. As for the Mist ninja...we need to dispose of him." Gene paused in thought, What did he mean by an international incident? Things are starting to get really troublesome...it'll only get worse if anyone else gets involved. "I've traced their position to ten meters east of here. With your swarm you should be able to reach them in no time, create a diversion and I'll take care of the rest."

This was a task that Gene would take no pleasure in. There would be no glory to be had or stories to be told, what he'd resolved himself to do in that moment was the same thing that those before him and surely those after him would have resolved to do. Taiga and this nameless assailant had tread over sacred ground and neither Gene nor those who looked to him for guidance would falter in fulfilling their sworn duty; for his heart, though heavy, could not be broken! A fire burned within the young Specialist and no matter what the condition, no matter who the opponent, no matter where the battle, this fire would not be extinguished. With his mind and body set to the task Gene raced to meet his new foes with all the intensity of a Dragon stirred from its lengthy slumber; if they had a plan, they'd had best execute it quickly because in less than one minute Gene with his stilled resolve, would be upon them...and he would grant them no quarter.
Last edited by Strategist on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:25 am

EDIT; All good
Last edited by Hayate on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
, 1

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 am

Taiga had not dragged Aimi that far away, to be fair. In a matter of moments, given their speed and potential the others would catch up. The boy merely looked at the Kirigakure shinobi in disgust before letting out a long breath, enough force to blow his bangs up out of his eyes momentarily before they fell back upon his face. This whole thing had become far more complicated than it had ever needed to be. Taiga wanted to finish a job he had left unfinished, and he had hoped Gene would understand his plea and help him- in whatever way he could. But, the annoyance of a nosy Kirigakure shinobi and the over-reaction of an Aburame meant that he had to unfortunately act.

Taiga stood still. He could feel the vibrations on the earth and knew they were here.

"Well, glad you realize I think you're disgusting and that I didn't save you because I'm a good guy." he said coldly, puffs of smoke escaping from his hood. "I don't really think Kiri would give a damn about you, but I do think it's the perfect reason for them to go to war. Unfortunately, war would mean more dead, or to avoid it, it'd mean those guys getting dead in some deal. So, really, I'm just protecting my village with an unconventional play." Taiga said as he placed his hand on the ground.

"Not deserting- that conversation never finished cause of this crap, but we have to deal with the cards we have in play." he said as he began to push his chakra into the ground. He did not need his special senses to know the others had already arrived.

Ah, Taiga. Still think that village and anyone from it is worth something. They're shit kid, and they'd hang you up to dry any chance they get... Sukairaa, like usual, was beginning to dig at him and whatever he could. And hell why not just kill this sack of bones? Taiga ignored Sukairaa.

"Thanks for the offer, but you should really go. Even if you could handle one of them, two of them is a no go... and if it happens that you really are strong enough to handle them both, well, I'm afraid I cannot let you hurt my comrades."

Comrades? Pfft, kid, they're thinking of ways to kill and neutralize you right now. you mean nothing to them, even Gene. You're just a tool. Can't you even process reality to realize that? The only reason you e- the genma stopped, as if frozen. The chains that bound the two pulled so hard they wrapped around his neck, preventing him from breathing.

Shut up.
, 1

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 am

Aimi's face twitched and he stopped bouncing. he tried to remember the last time he'd been disrespected so blatantly - and he hadn't even done anything to deserve the young man's disrespect either! He'd just offered to help him and had been metaphorically spat in the face for it! The jounin's immediate instincts were to lash out at the konoha brat as he would have with any other Kirigakure shinobi who had spoken to him in such a manner, either by flat out striking him or returning the disrespect with some of his own to escalate things. The notion was pushed aside though when he recalled that there were a couple of other things he should be more worried about that were somewhere within a close proximity. They couldn't have gone too far, after all.

What was worse, though, was the way that he was being talked down to as if the long haired Kaguya couldn't take on the two shinobi back there, but this boy somehow could. He'd seen nothing that suggested otherwise, and the idea that such a cock little brat was talking to him as if he was did not set well with the Kaguya. What probably pissed him off the most, though, was the implication that if he were to lash out at the other two aggressive Konoha shinobi, that this cocky boy would be enough to stop him from harming his 'comrades'.

Aimi lowered his arms and began to channel his chakra, his right hand glowing a faint blue color. However much it might have appeared at first that he was about to do something to the young shinobi before him kneeling on the ground, the Kaguya was no fool. He'd noticed how still the boy grew all of the sudden and watched as he knelt down to touch the ground as if he could feel something coming. He could hear the sound of footsteps rushing towards the both of them. He could feel something stirring beneath his nearly bare feet. Neither of his sudden foes were trying to be subtle, after all. As much as he was annoyed by the young boy before him, he wasn't losing sight of what mattered here: The two aggressive Konoha shinobi, the bug user especially. He knew that they would be upon the both of them in no time at all, and he didn't feel like engaging in too lengthy of a scrap. If they wanted to engage him in a brawl he was, more or less, fine with that - but the way that those bugs had come at him, with the speed that they swarmed on him; that ninja, at least, was out for blood. Aimi didn't feel like dealing with that without the possibility of back up.

"You know, you are one of the most annoying little shits I've ever had the displeasure of helping," Aimi growled flatly before half turning on the spot, his eyes scanning the woods around him until he caught sight of the other ninja rushing directly towards them. He lifted his right arm up, thumb and middle finger pressed together, ready to snap at an instant's notice or to hold onto the position should the need arise. He saw not the bug user - he was currently keeping an eye out either for the cloud of bugs or anyone who looked like one of the clones he'd cut down, assuming that that's what the real one looked like. "But you need to run while you have the chance and I have their attention. Things are about to heat up in these woods."

With that said, Aimi snapped and as his fingers slapped against the flesh of his hands, a bloom of flame erupted roughly 9 meters away from himself in what would hopefully be right in the face of the onrushing opponent. The bloom would burst outwards in an 8 meter spherical radius, catching trees, grass and potentially the man himself on fire in an instantaneous blast! Hot air would rush past himself and the younger ninja behind him and the light of the flames would cause him to squint his eyes momentarily, his hair flying around in a flurry of activity behind him. While he did in fact hope that the blaze would catch and hamper if not outright neutralize one of his foes immediately, the more important reason for him causing the flames to appear at the snap of his fingers was the damage it would cause to the environment.

Wood crackled and flames roared, energetically reaching up skyward and sending dead leaves floating as cinders up into the air. Smoke would rise from the lit tries like matchsticks and without him having to do anything else the fires would spread further and further of their own accord, catching more aflame and further causing damage to the area in which they stood. It wouldn't be safe for him to be there much longer, either, not that he planned on staying anyways. The true purpose of his jutsu, though, his real reason for using it was to be a signal flare. Sure, it'd be nice if he burned the man in his attack. It wouldn't be lethal after all, just very, excruciatingly painful. But fires attracted attention, and attention would mean that the two shinobi he faced wouldn't - if not outright couldn't - try to kill him. Not with witnesses around, who would be on the scene in little to no time at all. While he waited for them to arrive, he kept his eyes peeled and his other senses as tuned as he could have them be, ready to move at an instant's notice and react as was necessary.

Jutsu TrainedShow
Katon • Flash-bang
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: C-rank Katon • Flash-bang
The user channels their katon chakra into their finger tips. Then, with a snap of their fingers, the user ignites an area up to 8x8x8 meter in size in flame, causing an explosion within this area with 20 Strength. The user is able to perform this jutsu at a range of 40 meters.
420/420
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:46 pm

The Aburame allowed for his true body to remain hidden in the distance and used the special connection to his insects that allowed for them to communicate mentally to relay the messages from Gene to himself and vice versa now as the mushi clone standing beside the specialist only nodded before turning to the distance now away from the direction mentioned by his comrade. “We’ve already drawn the attention of the local samurai, it would seem.” Though the clone spoke about it the perceptive Anbu member would most likely have already taken notice to this fact. From his true position the man only sighed quietly to himself that things would not be able to continue as planned for him and the strong Kiri-nin, at least not within the country of Fur. Outside of that though would be free game…

Back to the other two men, Taiga and Aimi, the pair of clones traveling above ground had only needed a few moment to adjust back on course as they simply walked towards the two as though there was no sign of hurry or impatience in their bodies. Any action that had been directed to them earlier had been withdrawn via mental orders from their master but not even the Aburame would have expected the move that came next from Aimi as the finger snap ignited an explosion in the immediate area of flames which consumed the two clones which didn’t have the speed to dodge such a sudden attack in their current form. The explosion rocked the clones as they dispersed into their swarm form once more and dove into the ground after being hit with the attack.

Some of the insects were killed or injured that were closest to the epicenter of the explosion but the others escaped relatively unharmed as the original team of insects that had been traveling under the earth all along were commanded to take the shape of their master and speak a few words towards the Kiri-nin. Aimi’s thoughts about the bug user being out for blood couldn’t have been more true but the current change in circumstances would prevent him from following up on the initial motivation. This wasn’t just because the samurai had swooped into the nearby area and were being directed to their exact location from the man’s fiery explosion technique, but the sheer force of their arrival told the man that not even he should test the water’s with these samurai.

They definitely weren’t your run of the mill swordsmen, most likely the top level of samurai entrusted with carrying out the will of the Fur country leader and enforcing his proclamation on the peace between those who entered into his borders. From the ground off to the Kiri-nin’s left hand side the ground would tremble ever so slightly and a new bug clone would emerge from the cold earth, the distance being only about five meters but the speed and body language of the clone was unthreatening for the moment. It only had a few words to speak towards Aimi at the moment, “We’ll have to continue our fun outside the border…till then…” The clone was almost cryptic in its tone of voice at it spoke quietly towards Aimi who was its primary focus, not even bothering a moment to spare a look at the genma host.

After which the clone formed a hand seal and its body dispersed into tiny beetles that spread out so thin that the group could no longer be considered to be in their swarm appearance, only a few being together at any given point as they started to fly away as though they were normal insects in every direction. Those who had dove under the earth did the same as anyone able to sense their movement under the earth would feel them leaving in every direction giving no clues as to their true destination. Back at the clone near Gene, the clone spoke once more to the man’s comrade. “With them here we can only deal with the kid.” The clone looked to Gene, feeling that was most likely something best left up to the man who had some form of relationship with the host.
CharactersShow

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Gene did not hear Jizo's word of warning about the Samurai as he'd been much too focused on pursuing and apprehending Taiga to listen. There was a part of him that burned with fury so intense that the sun itself dwarfed by comparison; the more he thought about everything that Taiga had said, the angrier Gene became. This rage was not to be mistaken for the kind of mild apprehension one might have for a sibling constantly getting in trouble but recognized as the rift between man and his values being trifled with again and again and again. He did not agree with what the Sarutobi clan ninja had spoken nor could he accept the man's way of thinking, his approach to life --in more ways than one in Gene's mind, trampled upon the very ideals that Konoha stood for. "I do not have the authority to remove his head but it is clear to me that Taiga is a ninja who cannot be trusted," Gene thought to himself. "The power he wields makes him dangerous and if I can prove that to the higher ups then maybe they will take action." Gene did not know much about Taiga's power in truth and outside of the occasional blue moon where he'd had the opportunity to witness the Genma being utilized first hand there was little that Gene could think of that would have directly linked back to the Genma. However, he did know Taiga. From the very beginning when the two had first met the guy had always been impulsive and rarely ever followed instruction how it were given. Granted, there were times when doing what was necessary required a little bending of the rules that notion would have been much easier to digest for Gene had he actually witnessed an instance where his former teammate exercised self control. It donned on him that every single time that the two had interacted the situation was always delicate. Still...would his personal testimony alone be enough to warrant a closer watch on Taiga?

More importantly, Gene wondered if he could really out the guy after having stuck his neck out for him so many times. Gene had even gone so far as to request being able to look after Taiga personally due to the nature of their relationship and his faith in the lad at the time. Had he been wrong all along? What was it, he wondered, that made Taiga act on impulse all the time? What was he trying to prove and why? Hadn't he realized that the reason rules and regulation existed in the first place was to prevent past tragedies from happening again? Didn't he know that greater men and women than he had died trying to play devil's advocate? And to leave the village on a whim for revenge?! Gene's head was spinning all over again trying to wrap his brain around that little detail. "It must be the Genma curse," Gene thought to himself."Wanting to get revenge all the time...just like Minoru." This he spoke aloud and surprisingly, he'd been so close to Taiga that the two were practically touching. Behind them, hell on Earth.

To the man's credit the spherical explosion was well aimed and certainly would have taken anyone of lesser standing out immediately. However, Gene had been moving much too fast to be pinpointed accurately and whether by a stroke of luck or simply dulled instincts on behalf of his attacker, the combustion itself had occurred much too slow and the range that it covered fortunately, did not reach any closer to the gathered group despite the swath slow spreading flames that likely wouldn't last too long given the cold climate and snow littered environment. Which then presented another glaring problem..for both Aimi and Taiga. Since Gene was facing away from the explosion when it happened the threat of being blinded by the vibrant light produced did not exist for him; unfortunately, the same could not be said for the improv duo. Worse still, it hadn't taken Gene very long to figure that part out for himself.

Quick to use any tool at his disposal to bring an end to this fiasco as soon as possible, the Specialist inverted his wrists to that one were facing palm side up and the other, palm side down. This was only to place either hands index and middle finger across the two Fuinjutsu storage seals strategically marked on his wrist guards; a little bit of chakra used as a trigger and there were two shuriken ready and waiting to be used in either hand, textbook example of practicality at its finest. Without warning Gene loosed both of the Shuriken in Aimi's direction but only used a portion of his actual strength having made the proper adjustments to accommodate both for the close proximity and for what he was about to do next. No sooner had the twin projectiles left his finger tips Gene brought his hands together in a short but incredibly swift and elegant sequence of hand seals:

Ne > Ushi > Mi

When he finished the sequence of hand seals what had been two Shuriken veering toward the Kirigakure Shinobi, now replicated again and again until a maelstrom of steel raced toward the man eager to tear into him! Gene had hoped that the blinding light behind him would serve to delay the man's reaction time to the Shuriken assault just long enough for Jizo to make his move but the true goal remained to secure Taiga quickly and get away. Sure, Gene still hadn't gotten over his anger and probably wouldn't for the duration of the day but there were still a lot of things he needed to talk to his former Teammate about. At least...before he handed him over to the Hokage that is.
Jutsu trained | 978 wordsShow
Ninjutsu • Shadow Clone Shuriken
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Gene will channel chakra into a projectile or weave a short sequence of hand seals as he throws it then the projectile (s) will replicate producing a cloud of projectile(s) in a 5m^3 area moving at the same speed and strength. These projectiles cut just as sharp as the weapon thrown, and disappear after they've hit a target.
Author's note:
In this post there are a few instances where I use quotation marks to denote Gene's thoughts rather than apply them in external speech -- so in order to clarify which parts are actual externalized dialogue and which parts aren't I decided to quote the externalized dialogue in this section below:

"Wanting to get revenge all the time...just like Minoru." This he spoke aloud and surprisingly, he'd been so close to Taiga that the two were practically touching. Behind them, hell on Earth.

Also, "Hell on Earth" is used to briefly describe the fiery scene in the background as a result of Aimi's combustion attack. Just an additional note though, the secondary flames only spread at 1/3rd the strength of the jutsu so in this case, the subsequent fires are spreading at a rate of 6.

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:32 am

There was more vibrations rapidly joining the battlefield all around them.

Taiga's face, though completely impossible to see given his current state, scrunched. His brow furrowed. He had no doubt that the man before him was more powerful than him, perhaps even his friends. But he also we extremely honest when he had told him he was just trying to protect everyone. If this man was not going to listen, he would need to neutralize him, for the sake of his friends. The samurai were already on the move, and though they were unlikely to intervene unless death was on the way, since sparring was not horribly unusual at this event, the Kirigakure ninja's unwillingness to cooperate bothered Taiga.

"Alright, have it your way mister." he said as he stood still.

He intended to fight. Like Kirigakure scum he would fight anything he could... figured. Unfortunately, Taiga intended to protect his comrades til the bitter end. At first, protecting them meant deescalating the situation and moving the man elsewhere... Unfortunately, the man's persistence to fight had meant that protecting his comrades would now take a different form. The smoke swirling around his body the boy walked forward as the man was forming his hand seals and channeling his chakra. Taiga stepped forward and from behind the man, lept rapidly through and into him- just like a ghost entering the man. From inside him Taiga would attempt to steer the man out of trouble and ever back. He'd keep pushing for the man to move back. If the man was more powerful than him- which he probably was, he'd at least be able to cause jerky step backs, moving him slowly but surely backwards and into a more retreating position.

"I appreciate the offer, but none of this concerns you and at this point you're interrupting. I tried to tell you to just leave- hell you could duel us anytime at a sanctioned place but na- you just had to fight here." Taiga's voice echoed out menacingly- intertwined with that of Sukairaa's itself. It filled the immediate area, even enough that Gene or the samurai or the others would here.

"I am afraid I cannot let you do that."

He would phantom possess the Kiri nin and physically steer him out of the area if he had too. Or he'd make the man tank quite a few shuriken by jerking him in the wrong direction at the wrong moment. At least if injured, he would flee.

Don't use my power for such trivial things you little mutt. a voice called out in the back of his head. For now, he was in control of Sukairaa and, if Taiga had one defining character trait it was that he was stubborn and listened to no one- including Sukairaa.
, 1

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:49 am

To say that the sensation was uncomfortable would have been an understatement. There was no real way of describing the feeling of one's entire body being invaded by another's, though, and in truth Aimi wasn't even aware that that was what had occurred. One moment he was standing with his arm extended, looking ahead for any signs of his foe through the flames and the next there was this... jolt, almost. Like the most horrible case of the shivers imaginable, a tingling sensation that ran up and down the length of his body and caused his torso to convulse with sensation! No sooner had the body invader entered his being did he catch sight of his intended target, beyond the trees of course which had been hard to miss with such a jutsu. His eyes darted down, still squinting but very much able to see the man's silhouette against the backdrop of the flames. He saw his hands go together, though he couldn't see what seals he was using, and he knew that there was a jutsu of some kind coming his way! He prepared his body to react, to dodge, to strike out first, to defend, only... there was this feeling in his leg.

It was moving without his permission. The realization was just as startling as the initial fusion had been, and with a jerky step backwards it was confirmed without a shadow of a doubt that he was being controlled, somehow. He still had no idea how, but his leg had moved on it's own and he immediately didn't like it: not, one, bit. His entire body tensed up and, in particular, the muscles in his legs flexed as he forcefully rooted himself into position, preventing the invader from directly controlling his body through sheer strength alone. Which wasn't to say that he was entirely resisting his influence, far from it. He could still feel the muscles in his body wanting to move backwards, a ghostly tug on his entire being that was forcefully trying to put him in a raw position! Little did the invader know, who Aimi still assumed was directly behind him, that trying to keep him in place was quite the bad idea given what his 'comrade' was currently trying to do!

Divided as his attention was, Aimi was still able to catch the glint of steel in the light of the flames as the twin shurikens were thrown at him. After all, it was terribly difficult to miss them when they invited their entire extended family over at once and the Kaguya was then faced with a wall of swirling blades aimed practically at point blank range! Reacting as quickly as his reflexes would allow, especially against the annoying persistent tugs against his entire being, Aimi reached over and drew his blade from it's sheath with seemingly impossible speeds, sheathing his blade almost as quickly and creating almost directly in front of him a spherical vortex of cutting air, the attack accompanied by a loud, low hum as the air pressure was so suddenly and violently ruptured! Though smaller than the cube of shuriken over all, it was large enough to cover him from being a living pin cushion for a few moments more, what remained passing harmlessly overhead and to his sides.

The vortex itself had been positioned carefully, unleashed practically at point blank range in order to counteract the oncoming wall of projectiles but far enough away that neither he nor the Konoha shinobi who had thrown them would be cut. This careful planning of distance did not, however, account for the accompanying twin slashes that came with the vortex. In his haste to act, he'd forgotten about them and, combined with the ghostly tugs against his entire body and the physical effort it had taken to perform the technique in the first place, was subsequently lashed by his own attack as one of the slashes came down across his chest from his left shoulder down to his right hip, cutting into him cleanly but splattering his own blood across the snow - that is to say, he and his invader both! It's companion slash would make it's way towards the shinobi opposite him, who had an instant's chance to dodge in order to avoid the same fate!

Spurred on by the pain of his cut, which was made all the more prominent by the attempted control of his body, the Kaguya chose to rush backwards himself, leaving behind him a small cloud of smoke as he placed a good 15 meters of distance between himself and his attacker and, much more importantly, giving him a view of the field in front of him. He still had his sights on the Konoha shinobi with his sword, he could still see the flames and the shadows of trees as the fire danced. He saw his own blood in the snow and over his head he heard the dull thunk of cloned shuriken hitting various trees harmlessly. What he didn't see or hear, however, was the ninja he was trying to help escape, who had seemingly vanished entirely once again.

Breathing heavily, blood running down his cold skin and making a faint mist in the air even as his wound worked to heal itself, Aimi rushed through his head, trying to figure out where the young boy had gone and, more importantly, if it was worth trying to figure out where he was in the first place. This wasn't the first time that he'd 'witnessed' the boy disappear, after all. Though he hadn't actually seen it himself, when he first followed after him he had similarly vanished without a trace for him to follow, and again when he'd been transported to where he'd been but an instant before the young would-be-rogue had pulled this disappearing act. He clearly had some way of making himself vanish without a trace whenever he pleased, and he could take others with him if he so chose. Aimi deduced that whatever his ability was, thusly, that it could affect other people. Then of course, there was that sensation he kept feeling - then came the voice.

To the Kaguya, it was louder than any other who could hear it near by and with good reason. It sounded as if it was coming inside of him! Then it all clicked. The disappearing, the feeling he was actively fighting against, the fact that he'd been 'teleported' in a sense from one location to the next, the young, protective ninja had somehow taken control of his body or was at least fighting for control over it! Somehow he'd actually managed to get inside of his flesh, and Aimi was not okay with that in the slightest! The strange, tingling feeling he felt suddenly seemed to multiply a million fold as the realization hit him that his body, which to him was very much a temple, had been invaded by another without his consent! Even more than the cutting pain in his chest was a deep feeling of disgust that washed over him, a very primal, loud feeling that screamed "GET OUT!"

Awash with this feeling, Aimi once more drew his blade though rather than turn it on the body-snatcher's 'comrades', the Kaguya instead held the blade out as far as he could and pointed the blade at himself! Holding the blade itself just beneath the guard, the tip hovering over his wound and pointed directly at his heart, the Kaguya would look at the sword wielding Konoha shinobi with an almost panicked look on his face. "Your would be missing ninja seems to be occupying my body, and I don't LIKE it!" he said, irrational panic creeping into his voice as the feeling of disgust continued to creep over him. "I don't know how it works, but if he's inside of me then it's possible he can be hurt by any injury I take, and my blade is pointed right at my heart! So you get out of my body, and you stop trying to attack, or I will plunge this blade in and bet on my survival over his!" he cried out, knowing without having to say that he'd survive being impaled in the heart. As for the other ninja, well, that was harder to say...

No sooner had the words left his lips, however, then the scene shifted dramatically! From the forest, from behind trees and through the snow in flashes of speed that would have been respectable to any ninja came an entire envoy of samurai. Five of the armored guards stepped into the clearing where Jizo, presumably, still resided, while another ten emerged around Aimi and the other two Konoha shinobi. Some swords were drawn, others held their hands on the handles of their blades, ready to make action if action was necessary. The Kaguya looked around at the armored body guards and relaxed - at least as much as he could with an invader inside of him tugging on his every muscle in order to control his movements. His signal flare had been a success! His reinforcements had arrived.

One of the samurai stepped forward, a large man in red armor wearing an ornate red mask that made his face look like that of an oni's. His hand was resting on the pommel of his katana and he quickly surveyed the scene, looking from Aimi with his own sword pointed at his bleeding chest, to Gene, to the flames behind him. "What are you ninja doing out here?" he growled, his voice muffled and distorted by his mask but booming all the same, commanding authority by it's very volume. "These are not the festival grounds! There is no combat to be taken place at this festival without express supervision! Explain yourselves at once, quickly!" he roared, stamping his foot down in the snow so hard that Aimi could feel the vibrations from his authoritative step. The two were a good five meters apart from each other, so if the bare footed jounin could feel it then it was easy to say that this man's strength was just as commanding as his voice!

Jutsu UsedShow
[Iaido • Judgement Cut]
A-Ranked Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: [Heavenly Body Control], 45 Speed, 40 Taijutsu
The user grabs a hold of the hilt of their blade and their scabbard before taking a step back and unleashing their blade in a horizontal slash across the body. After the user unsheathes with their sword, a spherical distortion in space appears in front of the user 4 meters in diameter. This "vortex" can appear anywhere at a distance equal to the user's Strength in meters. Anyone caught in the sphere is cut by sharp winds as the vortex collapses in on itself. In addition, as the vortex is collapsing, 2 large slashes will strike out at anyone within 2 meters of the sphere. These winds, and the slashes that accompany them, have a Strength equal to 3/4 the user's Strength. The vortex collapsing is accompanied by the sound of a low, imploding hum. So swift is this strike that it cannot be perceived while it's happening, the effect appearing to take place before the user actually moves. The re-sheathing of their blade is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' Instinct is greater than or equal to the user's Speed.
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:54 pm

This child…’ For the first time during this little exchange the true bug user could only sigh out loud at the turn of events, his bugs seemingly had left but they had only moved just out of range of the ground and he prepared to make his move to recover the genma host before things got to much more out of control. His insects had already revealed to him the approaching samurai but it would seem that things would not be able to be concluded in such a short amount of time, at least not with the amount of force he was willing to use knowing that the group would soon be under the observation of some of the most well trained samurai the country of Fur had to offer. These men were well renown to rival even the most powerful of taijutsu using shinobi and thus Jizo had wanted to keep this operation quick and clean but like most plans they never survive first contact with the enemy.

Such was the case now as Gene went through his attack on the enemy, but the fact that Taiga was able to not only possess such a powerful swordsman but able to slow even alter some of his movements was a bit eye opening for the dark glasses wearing shinobi who had maintained himself within the shadows for the majority of the time. How powerful had this boy’s control over the power of his genma grown to in order to be able to conduct such a feat? Though he still could not agree with the actions of the child there was still a hint of respect in the man’s narrow green eyes that shifted watching the events that unfolded in the next few moments. Even under the disadvantage of having the host within his own body, Aimi had been able to deliver a split second sword draw which had created some sort of vortex that would protect his body from the of steel throwing stars manifested through his companion’s ninjutsu.

The man had just continued to evaluate the situation, consciously looking for the proper opening to retrieve the genma host which would require him to leave the other shinobi’s body or be forced out. Shaking his head the man commanded more of his insects as they moved like a cloud of black mist in an instant surrounding his body as they would bring him forward across the gap between the fellow Konoha nin and his own hiding spot. This allowed for him to be carried at the speed of his own swarm which was much greater than his own before seeming to appear as an almost smoky mist of bugs directly behind and to the left of Gene. Preparing himself to use the moment created by the technique of Aimi’s that just then would actually inflict some self harm on himself, something truly unexpected by the Anbu member.

His dark clothing still shifting from the rapid movement to his comrade, Jizo was still constantly evaluating the Kiri-nin who seemed to still be able to achieve feats of speed only comparable to his peak level swarm, attempting to fight him speed versus speed would be a little foolish and thus would require a surprise attack on his own end in order to achieve a decisive victory. Sadly time would not be on his side as the injured Kiri nin created a gap between them and at that time the bugs sprung up from behind, wishing to corner the shinobi and the other who inhabited Aimi’s body. But before any further actions could be taken by the beatles now that arrival of over ten samurai would make their appearance seeming to surround the entire scene and the four shinobi.

The samurai patrol would arrive to see a cloud of what looked like raven color mist or possible even confused as a cloud of smoke at first glance until one was able to truly see that it was thousands of small insects swarming. They would create a somewhat transparent barrier between the two parties as a similar but smaller cloud of insects could be found around the hands and feet of the Konoha nin. “Seems we are to late, how do we proceed now?” Another audible sigh could be heard escaping the thin lips as he commented to his superior about the change in circumstances. But even with them here the shinobi would truly rather lay down his life to retrieve the Jinch than to possibly let it fall into the hands of another or let him run free and becoming a missing-nin.

Yet, for now he awaited the word from Gene but did not withdraw his lightly humming swarm of specialized beetles just yet attempting to keep the Kiri-nin from being able to flee. Letting him leave just like that was the last thing that Jizo wished to do at the moment but he lifted his bright green eyes towards the swordsman, the gaze and body language that was projected to Aimi stated that he wouldn’t always be under the protective dome of the Samurai of Fur. 'You can only escape for now...'
CharactersShow

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm

With the situation rapidly changing around him so too did Gene's tactics shift. If force and violence could not bring the matter to a swift conclusive end then diplomacy was to be attempted at least once despite it not being the young man's strong suit. However, it didn't take a genius to figure out that Samurai involvement in Shinobi affairs was messy and bad for business and fortunately, while he could respect their stance in the land to a degree Gene was pleased to note Jizo had bought him a few more moments of relative peace to try and reach a solution. Nice work. I hold no doubt in my mind that the Aburame would be proud to know they've nurtured such fine clansmen. Now....I need to put this time to good use!

For only the briefest moment Gene allowed his eyes to fall shut and his mind cleared. If nothing else, he at least would respect his nation's code of secrecy and divulge nothing of what had transpired to the samurai who were now much to busy fending off bugs to be concerned with much else for the time being. Of course, he knew that neither himself or Jizo would spout anything foolish but what about the other two? Heaving a heavy sigh at last Gene decided to roll the dice and chance the matter on an old tradition: Secrecy.

"I think the answer is more than clear we cannot do anything beyond this point without further clearance." Gene first responded to Jizo, loud enough to be heard only by the male through the humming of insects. Next, Gene spoke loud enough to be heard collectively by all."My sincerest apologies, Samurai of Fur country. You see, when two Shinobi from differing lands cross paths the need to learn and understand our differences and customs is just too great to be overlooked. I assure you, we were all just passing lessons between one another. You'll find that besides a few burned trees easily grown back by spring season, there's nothing out of the ordinary here. Wouldn't you agree friend?"

Gene now spoke directly to Aimi. From what Gene had seen from the man he had to be of at least Jounin standings but Gene did not know if that alone would ensure the man's silence. After all, more so than anyone else he seemed happy about the arrival of the Samurai legion but Gene couldn't quite be sure...No. So long as the man played along and didn't say anything that could have resulted in grander problems down the line Gene didn't care.

After all, he could only tackle one concern at a time and right now his focus was ensuring that this little fiasco hadn't escalated any further.

Return to “Fur Country”