Drifting far off course

open

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Shinku woods. It looked much different than Gene remembered but then again, he'd only been a young boy the last time he'd been here. All of the trees were stripped of their crimson leaves and illustrious wonder and replaced with a dull and meager frosted appearance, such a shame...really. Yet and still, despite his malcontent Gene couldn't help but return to this mysterious and wondrous place as he had shared quite the experience with a certain Missing Shinobi back then. In all likelihood he doubted seriously that the same could happen now for he now knew of Nehan's identity and of her crimes against humanity. There simply was just no way for them to converse now duty bound as he was, he would ultimately try to bring her down and probably give his own life for the cause. That was just the sort of person Gene was after all - placing the mission, the service of his country and village, above even his own character.

Wandering across the soft snow filled terrain he breathed the cold air deep into his lungs, felt its touch against his skin and relished in the freshness that accompanied it; then, he let it all go. A thought came to him just then. "How many have we lost to this lifestyle already? How many have had to lay down their lives for this cause of ours...this dream of peace?" It was in truth, a question without an answer. He knew that as well as anyone bound to serve and yet he couldn't stop himself from asking...from remembering the many friends and comrades that had either died in front of him or outright fled the village for the sake of being free from this oath. How ironic he thought, that he carried a sword by the name of Oath breaker even now on his back. A momento to yet another Leaf that had drifted far off course...
The Absent oneShow
Characters
NameRankVillageCompanionsMissionsTeam Assignment Frequented locations:
Mitsurugi GeneSp. JouninKonohagakureYoruS: A: B:3 C:6 D:5
  • Memorial Stone
  • Training field.
  • Bookstore.
  • Snake pass

NinjutsuTaijutsuGenjutsuStaminaControlStrengthSpeedInstinct 3035132126304538

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Taiga had been contemplating something for a long time now. He had grown considerably in power, and he had been growing closer to his true goal, which to understand required knowledge of his history. The half-Senju boy was born of a rather particular matrimony between a powerful shinobi family and an equally powerful Shinobi clan... and yet as a child the boy had neither skill-set. When many gave up on him, there was one... There was someone who had been close to him... and that person had died while Taiga was out of the village. Even if he had been in Konohagakure that day, he would have been far too weak to do anything... And every day he lived with the guilt knowing that when his village suffered he did and could not do a thing about it.

He grit his teeth. He would kill The Autumn Soldier, and after that, he would kill Enma and Yaku.

He had caught Gene the other day, merely by eyes, when he had been at the training area... and though the two had their differences and found it hard to get along he had a deep favor to ask, something he felt the boy would understand, actually. As such he knew Gene was around and had spent the better part of the day thus far searching from him, before finally finding him in the forest. From the trees themselves, he appeared, his ghoslty form sliding out of tree and towards Gene.

"Many... and those who took those lives are still alive, Gene."

Taiga was serious. He was not the joking boy dying for attention- doing pranks on his teammates and whatever could get human love... no, he was cold. He was inhuman.

"Gene, I have a favor to ask you."
, 1
Character NameVillageIC-RankStats
Nakajima, HayateKumogakure9th Raikage325
Kupu KupuSunagakureA-Rank Missing Ninja200
Sarutobi, TaigaKonohagakureGenin/Jinchuuriki149
Hasegawa, YuusukeSunagakureChuunin161

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 am

"You know, I'm still not used to that yet." Gene spoke once Taiga had begun to materialize nearby, fighting an urge to reach for a weapon even then as he watched curiously. No matter how many times he had seen it for himself Gene still could not believe that Taiga of all people possessed such a frightening and powerful spirit within him - and yet, here they were. Adjusting the tightness of the white scarf around his neck Gene replied, "So what's the favor?"
The Absent oneShow
Characters
  • Memorial Stone
  • Training field.
  • Bookstore.
  • Snake pass

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 am

Taiga bowed his head to Gene, the shadows and smoke slowly drifting away as he stepped to his former teammate, until finally, just Taiga in his normal form was visible. He paused drawing a deep breath as a drag of smoke escape his lips. Then looked straight past the man before him. He was swallowing as much of his pride as he could. His hand ran through the back of his hair. "Many sins were committed against our village, Gene." he said solemnly.

"Gene. I'm going to break Takeo's and the others orders."

Taiga had steeled himself for this moment.

"I'm leaving the village, and fortunately, here in Fur Country, there is relatively nothing Konohagakure can do without bringing about penalty for upsetting the peace of this event." his eyes darted back to Gene. His sides itched- his holsters. His fingers twitched and were prepared to draw weapon if the needed arrived. "This is as official as I can be about it Gene, but I'm leaving Konohagakure. I tried to follow the law- the way of the village. It was in my way."

Secretly Taiga hoped his former teammate would beg him to stay, to change his mind. "I do and always shall bleed Konohagakure blood. But right now, there's a blood price that needs to be paid Gene." He paused, his fist tightening into a ball. HIs requests had been rejected, his attempts to obtained information had failed.

"There's some men I need to kill. For the world's sake. When it's done, I'll come back to the village. But, please let everyone know for me." Taiga turned his head to the side. His heart throbbed- to do this... After Zakuro... after everyone... but still, it was different, wasn't it? He was leaving to complete a mission for the village, a mission he'd given him self.... He wasn't leaving forever, he wouldn't hurt anyone, and he was not to become an enemy of the village.

"I hope you can understand, Gene."
, 1

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:10 pm

There was a fire burning within the young man that he could not have spoke on even if he'd tried, a deep seated anguish that all but crept through Gene's body and bled out from his eyes as a disdainful stare. It could have even been said that in this moment he truly resented Taiga for everything that he was and wasn't but no words escaped him; for he knew that to speak now would have been to soil the integrity of the situation & more importantly, himself. Gone were the days where personal opinions played a part in Gene's decision making though that hardly meant he were a stranger to the waves when they came. In truth, there was absolutely nothing he could have done to prevent what he felt from surging through him and so he set his mind to the task of remaining still and listening intently even if his heart wanted nothing more than to erase the matter entirely. He'd hoped that Taiga wasn't about to say what he thought was coming but of course, there'd been no point in trying to stave off the inevitable.

Finally, he could contain himself no longer. "You think you're the only one with a grudge against a rogue Shinobi? I'm sure if you walk the streets of our village, any village for that matter where there are ninja you'll find that there are at least thousands of people who feel and think just the same as you." Gene folded one arm over another and learned up against the nearest tree to him. "Zakuro, Nehan, Enma and even our own instructor. All of them chose to follow a personal grudge of some kind rather than find something other than rage and hatred to fill their void and do you know what has changed since then?" Gene was staring directly at Taiga now, his expression passive and his tone less threatening than it should have been considering the situation. "Absolutely nothing. No great justice has come from what they've done nor has it ever come about simply by murdering someone who isn't favorable to society. Sure, you might feel great for a while but eventually the hole left will open again and then what? Who will you target then?" If ever there were a time for a smoke, Gene thought, now would have been it.

"Basically, what I'm saying is it won't matter in the end how many lives you take in your quest for a self serving cause. We're Shinobi, we fight and die in the line of duty and yeah it might suck but there's probably a better way than having your village put a search out on you that could be avoided. After Zakuro don't expect there to not be a heavy penalty if you try to go about it your way."
The Absent oneShow
Characters
  • Memorial Stone
  • Training field.
  • Bookstore.
  • Snake pass

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

"How sentimental," came the sudden baritone voice of an intruder upon the scene, an unwelcome guest at a house party meant for two. The voice belonged to a young man, though older than the two present, who stood not far away from the both of them behind the younger of the two, leaning up against a dying crimson tree with his arms crossed over his bare chest, one leg propped up with his bare knee sticking out from his cloak, foot planted on the tree behind him. There was a smile on his lips that painted lines upon his hard, carved face. He was amused by what he saw, at the drama that was unfolding. How could he not? A couple of ninja in a foreign land were having a not-so-casual discussion about one of them going rogue! It was downright comical, to him.

"You know I haven't been this choked up since I had a hunk of takoyaki stuck in my throat!" Aimi jested, pushed off of the tree and standing up straight with his right hand on his hip. He was immensely glad that he'd decided to follow the younger of the two, the one who had seemingly faded into existence, from the main fair grounds. Really it had only been chance that he noticed the white haired shinobi stepping away from the main fair ground and going into the woods. He hadn't really thought too much of it at first, after all this was a gathering of shinobi from all over the world. Perhaps they were just going off to train alone? At the time, he'd simply turned back to his potato based dish and continued to eat, occasionally looking up from it in the direction of the woods and wondering. Not too long afterwards, though, Aimi saw the light brown haired shinobi go off in the same direction, and by that point he'd been curious enough to put down his dish and follow after them himself. Of course he'd almost immediately lost track of the younger of the two, what with the whole fading from existence thing, but the other had been much easier to track. From there, he'd simply stuck to the background to watch the encounter take place...

Until now, of course.

For the moment, though, he would simply stay where he was, electing to let the two of them react to him showing himself rather than agitating either of them further. He had a feeling from the broody air between them that his little joke would cause enough friction, anyways.
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Three figures, clothed in dark robes with dark hair moved at somewhat of a walking pace that appeared to have no sign of hurry in them but the movements while quiet were not completely silent and anyone who had any bit of instinct would be able to pick up the movement of the three entities. The three figures were slowly approaching the new figure who had shown himself and as the three came into view it would be easy to notice that they were most likely clones as each were the exact same in appearance. These three clones were Mushi clones of the older Aburame who had concealed himself in the treeline the was off to the left side of the two Konoha nin, he'd come actually to speak with Gene but had stumbled upon the two of them and instead allowed himself to be the shadow that he was suppose to be. The young one wished to leave? Such a thing could not be allowed, especially of a shinobi with the status of Taiga.

The three clone had been made to actually be used to surround the younger shinobi if Gene's words were unable to bring reason into his muddled thoughts of self righteousness, but they had been diverted with the appearance of Aimi. Due to his background, even though he didn't know of the man he did immediately recognize the man for whom he was it was the ironical bruising on the shinobi's forehead that labeled him as a Kaguya of the Hidden Mist village. A slow smile had creeped onto the original's face as he continued to lurk in the shadow with his sun glasses pulled down on the tip of his sharp nose. "My my, you seem to have wandered into a place that you shouldn't be..."

JutsuShow

[True Shadow]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 35 Instinct
Taking the art of hunting into the realm of combat, the user is able to stalk a target with the skill rivaling any professional, moving up to their full speed while shadowing the movements of their prey and moving with the utmost silence. So long as their (Taijutsu+Instinct)/2 is higher than the target's Instinct then they will be able to approach them undetected by traditional means. Often this means the target isn’t even aware of the user's presence until the attack has already begun.

~Mushi Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After the appropriate hand seals, the Aburame member's mushi are gathered into one place and pattern themselves after the user or anyone else they choose. The technique is elaborate enough to be mistaken for the original, and therefore may be used as a decoy or as part of a diversionary tactic. When the clones stamina stat is used up/it is destroyed, it falls apart into the mushi it is made of. Each clone cannot use jutsu and has the following stats:27
[*]Taijutsu: 5
[*]Stamina: 5
[*]Strength: 7
[*]Speed: 10

x3
CharactersShow
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Future Mizukage
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Former Jounin
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Kaguya Hitachi - Kiri's White Phantom - Jounin
Aburame Jizo - Konoha Anbu - Jounin

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:01 am

"Mind your tongue before I cut it out and feed it to you." Gene remarked with a cobra's venom laced in his words, this situation could not have gotten any worse! Cursing his own luck Gene fought to maintain his composure and kept any signs of surprise or mental instability suppressed, aided only in part due to the inability to feel fear as it was. He'd certainly felt his skin crawling as an unidentified pair of eyes watched him but the sound of swords and scrolls swaying in the wind and rubbing up against a Tree as the nameless intruder propped himself against it and that was all that Gene needed to confirm the reality of the situation for himself. And while I'm at it, I'll need to learn to be more careful with my own. He wasn't there long, of this I am confident but...on the off chance that he heard everything I'll have to silence him quickly. Just then Gene had a vision of himself being strung up by a rope for all to see with a signpost nearby that read: "Murderer" "Devil" and "Disgrace" all of which caused him to reconsider a few holes in his plan.

I uh - I won't kill him. Just rough him up a bit ...maybe a concussion or two will smarten this guy up. However, the sound of footsteps so quiet and light that Gene had almost missed the noise stirred his mind further into uncertainty. His eyes were now trained to Aimi searching for a reaction to the noise in order to gauge two things for himself. First, Gene would discover if whether or not this additional person was a friend of the mystery Shinobi; if such were the case then it would have been unlikely for the man to appear surprised or concerned with the development - hell, the guy may have even dismissed it outright. However, if he wavered even a little Gene would pick up on it. Secondly, Gene also wanted to determine the skill level of a soon to be opponent. After all, anyone capable of getting so close to him had to be of at least Jounin standings...which meant trouble.

Leaning forward and off of the tree Gene placed his left hand upon Oath breaker's handle and undid one of its restrictions with the other while not breaking his line of sight with Aimi. Forced to watch Taiga with his peripheral field of vision Gene did his best to not lose sight of the Sarutobi clan member. This was a matter fit for a higher authority to deal with and Gene set himself to the task of finding a path of least resistance. Naturally, he would need to subdue Taiga quickly and remove him from the equation quickly before his..erratic behavior made matters more difficult to handle.
The Absent oneShow
Characters
  • Memorial Stone
  • Training field.
  • Bookstore.
  • Snake pass

Hayate
Raikage
Raikage

Drifting far off course

Post by Hayate » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 am

Taiga's body was burning. If it wasn't for his bodily control- he'd of been shaking. Taking in a big breath and then releasing it in a long, drawn out manner as white smoke escaped his lips, he looked at Gene. He could tell Gene was tilted- something he'd rarely ever seen. It was clear to him that the words he had just said had completely caught the oh-so-composed shinobi off guard.

"I don't think I am the only one with a grudge against a rogue Shinobi, Gene. And that's exactly why I'm here." his feet were feeling vibrations- something on the earth moving and coming their way. His eyes shifted for a moment, though without much care returned to Gene. "Justice cannot be delivered to them as long as the village is doing nothing, and every day the list of missing ninja from our village is growing Gene. This goes beyond me revenging the death of people like Senju Shou- my uncle. There is human trash from our village causing harm and someone has to end that." Taiga's fist tightened.

"Every day more people from our village are killing innocent people... and what are we doing about it... waiting with our damn hands in our pockets." The smoke began to steam off of Taiga as if showing his inner mood- the hood forming around him. "Gene, I said I came here to ask you a favor."

As more people approached, Taiga continued to ignore them. Even if Gene responded, he didn't really care for the uninvited guests.

"Gene, come with me. Let's take these guys down together, for everyone."

Taiga extended his hand out. He was serious.

"Zakuro was wrong cause he tried to do it alone... and I'm an idiot but I have learned. The Leaf is a family, and it's family who helps you achieve your goals." Family after all kept you on track.

Taiga hoped Gene accepted his offer. He would carry out his desire regardless, but he hoped Gene could be there with him.
, 1

Golnax

Drifting far off course

Post by Golnax » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 am

Aimi's blue eyes snapped to the fellow white haired shinobi as he barked threats at him, his expression otherwise unchanging. 'Cut my tongue out and feed it to me? How very old school of him,' the Kaguya couldn't help but think as he continued to stare the man down. The thought of such a petty dismemberment was actually humorous to him to the point that he could be visibly seen holding back a laugh, his smile widening and his chest lightly rising and falling from the effort of holding back his guffaws. What was a little thing like having your tongue cut off when you could grow it back in less than three minutes, after all? What was perhaps most amusing of all, though, was the sight of the man actually pulling himself into a battle ready position as if he meant to do battle with Aimi, as if that was a wonderful to try and start something with a foreign shinobi at a festival with such emphasis on non violence between villages. Then again, he had walked in on something he shouldn't have.

A fact that was not lost to the extra sneaky member of what was becoming a five man band of ninja. Aimi admittedly hadn't noticed him at first, he was rather focused on the two young men he'd been following after all, but at the sound of rustling foliage coming from behind him the long haired shinobi broke his staring contest with the other pale headed ninja and turned to look over his shoulder, spotting not just the three triplets (clones, fairly obvious at a glance) but also seeing signs of their progenitor behind him - very, very well hidden signs at that. "No, I think I'm right where I need to be," he said to the clone who had spoke, turning his back on them entirely and looking back towards the other two.

It was at this point that the youngest among them, who had rather rudely ignored the sudden appearance of the proud Kaguya, began to smoke and talk some more, directing his words at the older Konoha ninja rather than anyone else present. "Tsch, how droll. Talk of leaving your village as if it's a thing to do. You know you're very lucky that you're not from Kirigakure, little one," Aimi said, referring to the smoking, actually two inches taller, young would-be-defector. "I don't feel bad telling you since they're so famous, or perhaps infamous, but there's an entire sect of specialized shinobi dedicated to hunting down and exterminating defectors. I think every village should have at least one! As for you two," he continued, returning his eyes back towards the man who's hand was upon his sword. The bare chested ninja decided that this was as good of a time as any to demonstrate a bit of skill to all parties present - that was the point of the Festival of the Hunt, after all.

Aimi would take a single half step in order to widen his stance and, for anyone who's eyes were not sharp enough to perceive it, that would be all the movement he seemed to make. For those who could see him, Aimi would turn his body in a flash of speed and taijutsu prowess, his front facing towards the three clones and his back to the two young shinobi. His hands would move down to the sheath of his sword and the sword itself, grabbing onto the titular sheath and the handle respectively before drawing it with such speed, such a practiced movement, that if either of them blinked they would miss it - perhaps even if they didn't blink. If they were not sharp enough of eye, his movements would be nearly impossible to follow as he drew the blade from out of it's sheath and horizontally across his body, swinging it in a wide arch that sent a slice of air forth towards the clones, intent on bisecting them and, what's more, anything that stood behind them for several meters. With the same incredible speed he would resheath his blade and stand back up straight - the entire set of maneuvers taking an instant to execute, to the point that lesser men would assume he'd teleported.

"If you're going to insist upon interrupting this tasty drama with your aggression, passive or otherwise, then I encourage you to step forward and get on with it," he said, putting emphasis on each part as it pertained to their respective intended targets, the jounin once more standing up straight and half turning so that he could face either his white haired counterpart or the ninja hiding in the shadows, either one. "Otherwise, let the kid finish his business and let me finish watching - because I'm invested at this point."

Jutsu UsedShow
[Iaido • Dragon Strike]
B-Ranked Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 35 Strength and Speed
The user steps forward with the front leg while unsheathing the blade in a horizontal attacking motion across the body. So swift is this technique that it is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' Instinct is greater than or equal to the user's Speed. This slash creates a thin wave of nearly invisible air which cuts whatever it comes into contact with with 1/2 the user's Strength and travels up to a distance equal to the user's Strength in meters.

*[Iaido • Breakneck Sheath]
B-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 25 Speed
Through incredible amounts of practice the user of this technique has gained such a vast knowledge of Iaido and their sheath in particular that they have perfected the art of sheathing their sword. As such, they can sheath their weapon single handed if need be, and can do so with the same blinding speed that they would deliver a slash with, allowing them to chain together attacks with even more speed than before.
#CC0C00
Training ThreadsShow

Zao

Drifting far off course

Post by Zao » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm

There would be no verbal reply from the three clones that had halted their advance on the Kiri-nin, seeming to only be observing the man's actions to ensure that the big talk that was coming from the bare chested ninja could in actuality be backed up by some form of strength. The true Jizo was still located in the shadows of the forest behind Gene and the young Konoha-nin at this point, quietly observing the situation unfold before him now as he created another clone of insects that that slowly walk forward out of the forest to 'join' the two men who were speaking as though he was it was the real deal. But it was also in that moment that the eyes of some would have been drawn to Aimi's hand as it moved to his sword which was followed by a display of skill with the blade, the attack easily overpowering the three weak bug clones and even slicing through the trees that had been behind the clones causing them to collapse.

It was that movement which was being tracked by the sharp of the Anbu that caused him to narrow his eyebrows slightly causing for them to actually fall in line with the top rim of the dark sunglasses that hid the man's eyes from the sight of others. One hand reached up and actually pushed the framed glasses up slightly on the bridge of the nose as he started to truly take a closer look at the man's movements during the strike and the attire and weaponry which could be seen. To him attacking the clones as if he new the real one either meant that the man was confident that the user of the clones was either weak or wasn't present but it also meant something else to the Aburame. That specifically was that the man didn't hold Konoha-nin within his eyes and it was that thought which truly irritated the second term Anbu member at this point in time.

'Very well, grind and attack to his limbs...' The command was not given aloud but the insects that had made up the clones who had just been severed in half heard it loud and clear, as the man had already spun around to face the white haired Konoha shinobi his clones collapsed back into around five synch worth of the Aburame's Kouyou Swarm. The bugs made their move, having received their host's intent, knowing what the end goal looked like for them as the burst forward with speed that was even faster then the movements of the Kiri shinobi and his blade only a moment before (45 speed), they were attempting to first envelop the man from all sides and then use their sharp mandibles before continuously assaulting the target repeatedly in an attempt to cut, slice, and penetrating through whatever the target is in their center. But that was only the first portion of the attack, the second portion would be if they managed to trap the target to apply themselves to each of the limbs and then release the swarms Chakra Injection ability without holding back.

Jizo saw this an not only an opportunity to vent his anger towards the Konoha who had technically attacked him first, speaking about his clones, but also this was a Kaguya specimen. He'd preferred to take this one, Aimi, back alive and allow for those medical shinobi and scientist to experiment on his body. It would be much easier to capture him if he was crippled which was just what the bugs would do to the man's limbs if they were able to envelop one or all of the foreign shinobi's limbs during the surprise attack. Though he was still a bit unsure of the man's true strengths and thus only allowed for the first squad to conduct this attack leaving the other two squads in reserve and even having them hold back a bit not using there full strength. If need be then another squad of the bugs could be dispatched to help deal with this nuisance, but the experience shinobi felt that just one squad should be sufficient for such a tasking...
Combat stuffShow
Jizo

~Mushi Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After the appropriate hand seals, the Aburame member's mushi are gathered into one place and pattern themselves after the user or anyone else they choose. The technique is elaborate enough to be mistaken for the original, and therefore may be used as a decoy or as part of a diversionary tactic. When the clones stamina stat is used up/it is destroyed, it falls apart into the mushi it is made of. Each clone cannot use jutsu and has the following stats:27
[*]Taijutsu: 5
[*]Stamina: 5
[*]Strength: 7
[*]Speed: 10

[Observing For Patterns]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 15 Instinct
During combat with a target, the user carefully observes their movements looking for aspects that are repeated in their style, attempting to determine attack or defense patterns of the target in order to develop counter measures for the opponent.

[Closer Look]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 15 Instinct
The user has grown accustomed to taking into account the small details about a person, be it out of combat in which the user is able to glance over the shinobi's attire and exposed weapons to determine their possible styles of fighting. Or in combat were the user's takes note of small movements made by the body, the small utterances of eye movement, and the ambient sounds of the body. This allows for the user to accomplish other techniques based on the analysis made with this technique.

[Scan]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
A discipline that allows the user to quickly memorize his surroundings and the environment to the minute detail, granting them the ability to move seamlessly without having to look where they going within that area. This is a constant effect as the user always takes in every detail of every environment they are within, and has a perfect picture in their mind at all times of what's around them.

Swarm

[Advanced Movement - Grinding]
B-Ranked Maneuver
Requirements: A Swarm and 20 Instinct
Upon the command 'Grind' all or a portion of the swarm(s) will begin to swirl around a determined target or group of targets as the go into a frenzy and use their sharp mandibles before continuously assaulting the target(s) repeatedly attempting to cut, slice, and penetrating through whatever the target is in their center.

[Expert Movement - Stalking]
A-Ranked Discipline
Requirements: 30 Instinct
Upon the command 'Stalk', a portion of the swarm will demonstrate the art of hunting prey, bring that skill into the realm of combat, the portion of the swarm is able to stalk a target with the skill rivaling any professional, moving up to their full speed while shadowing the movements of their prey and moving with the utmost silence. So long as their synch stat is higher than the target's Instinct then they will be able to approach them undetected by traditional means. Often this means the target isn’t even aware of the user's presence until the attack has already begun.

Swarm Ability Info:[/b]

50 Synch: The wave of chakra is enough to shatter internal organs rendering them more or less a mangled mass of flesh within the body and if performed on a limb the muscle tissue and the bone will be fracture and torn into a multitude of pieces rending the limb unable to be used until medical treatment is rendered or they have some form of regeneration to deal with the injuries.
CharactersShow
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Future Mizukage
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Former Jounin
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Kaguya Hitachi - Kiri's White Phantom - Jounin
Aburame Jizo - Konoha Anbu - Jounin

Strategist

Drifting far off course

Post by Strategist » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 pm

When Gene first caught sight of the insect swarm he forced himself not to look away. There were many, many things that he remarked as bizarre or strange but never before had he witnessed anything so cold, calculating and stomach turning as this. Converging on the subject of the youthful specialist's growing ire were small insects that when viewed under the magnifying lens of his ocular scope lens, appeared more like lamprey than any insect he'd seen before. I get it now. So the one who I'd been hearing earlier wasn't a potential threat...but an Ally. Gene's Auburn colored hues lit up as a realization came to him and his attention drifted back toward Taiga who oddly enough hadn't stopped talking throughout the ordeal though Gene wished he would.

From the bit that he managed to catch in between Aimi's interjection Gene couldn't say that the situation had shown any signs of de-escalating itself. Unlike Fanho or the sleuth of Konoha bred Shinobi that had come before him Gene did not share any sentiment that those not born to his immediate household were truly his family and with his mother somewhere rolling in her grave and his Father likely in a Grief stricken drunken stupor over the loss back in the village, the subject had been a tough selling point which ultimately would allow Gene to look beyond Taiga's words. Sure, a part of him; likely the childish optimist dwelling far beneath the surface, wanted to agree with Taiga. However, the pragmatist simply could not and would not. It didn't matter how the Sarutobi clansmen dressed up his words to desert the village without proper authority under any circumstance was considered an act of treason, a punishable crime. Minoru, Zakuro...and now you, huh? Gene thought as he removed his hand from the hilt of Oath breaker and in an ever so subtle method of chakra control and manipulation began flowing chakra through to the surface of the palm of his hand. "Family, huh?" The words felt almost bitter as they'd left his lips and even Gene couldn't help but notice just how uncomfortable the subject of bonds, ties and friendships among other things made him.

Taiga believed that it was Gene's love of family that kept him around the village, kept him taking task after task and running errands for elders who likely couldn't have cared less about him. True, some part of him did feel that homely attachment but when he thought about it - really thought about it, Gene realized that he didn't actually like anyone residing in Konoha. Fanho, someone who Gene had once called friend as a youth now seemed ever distant and it'd been no secret as to why. Even as a young teen Gene had always shown an uncanny knack for making decisions others would shy from - in particular, recent fugitive and former peer Garudo, Zakuro being placed as a high priority target seemed to bother Gene less than the male hearing about Fanho losing in combat to him. In fact, when Gene thought about it, something about Taiga's behavior now struck him as odd compared to then.

His hand drew closer to Taiga's but Gene's mind remained elsewhere. What does it matter? Whether I stay or go the result won't change. You know that don't you, Taiga? Gene pondered the idea of abandoning the village and how far he would get before inevitably going his own way, leaving Taiga to whatever device awaited him. ....Not very far, he conceded. Jizo wasn't a known face by any means in Gene's book of honorable mentions but one would have had to be a damned fool not to hear about how efficient the Aburame clan was at catching their target. A man of his station wouldn't be captured alive and Taiga would likely be subdued in the most painful albeit efficient manner possible. It was an all around lose - lose and for what? A whim? For all Taiga knew all of the people he were trying to go after were already dead which, if that were the case then Gene would have had to be an idiot to follow blindly after him. Suddenly, his hand stopped moving just shy of Taiga's.

"I'll tell you what. Since you're so sure of this goal of yours then how's about a wager?" It was a gamble but one that he absolutely had to take; it was bad enough that he already felt shitty for not being able to de-escalate things between himself and the Kiri Shinobi, before resorting to his guns Gene would try one last time to instill some level of "chill the fuck out" in his counterpart. If that didn't work then...

I
The Absent oneShow
Characters
  • Memorial Stone
  • Training field.
  • Bookstore.
  • Snake pass

Return to “Fur Country”