[Graded][Plotboard] When Wolves Collide

Sia and Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:16 pm

For once in his life Kazuo was glad he had decided to sacrifice the cool-factor of his sleeveless jacket in favour of a winter coat complete with long sleeves and fur trims around the collar and sleeves. He shuddered and clasped his hands together in front of his face, breathing into them, wishing he had taken the time to practice a few fire techniques, so he didn't have to deal with the snow. Growing up in Rock Country one would think he was acclimated to this, but he had the joy of living in the primarily underground village of Iwa.

It did not snow underground. Which is where Kazuo retreated as much as possible during the frost.

Koji, on the otherhand, was in his element, taking the lead for the duo as they made their way deeper into the forests away from the village where the Snow Festival was taking place. There was apparently a ritual hunt to take place soon, the first hunts of the season, and outsiders were welcome. Kazuo loved to hunt, Koji definitely loved to hunt, so it was too good an opportunity to pass up while he was visiting the country during his off time. Not here on official business he wasn't wearing his forehead protector or his flak jacket but still brought his Razorbolt gauntlets.

While he didn't anticipate trouble, it was better to be safe than sorry.

A bark from his wolf drew the ninja out of his musings and he grumbled to himself, applying chakra to the soles of his feet so he could pass over the snow without sinking half a foot into it. "I'm coming, I'm coming, you great brute."
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

[Plotboard] When Wolves Collide

Post by Sia » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 pm

There were several reasons that Maido had chosen to come to Fur Country. One, the great hunt. Two, the spirits. Three, she very desperately needed to get out of Kirigakure. She just didn't fit in anymore and she knew it. She belonged elsewhere. She deserved to be free. Unchained by the shackles of authority. Wanting to do something greater with her gifts. Her curses. Her ideals.

She roamed away from the normal festivities, morphing her body into the shape of a rather large, blood red wolf. The scent of blood would be easily picked up by anyone remotely attuned to their nose. She bounded through the woods. Sometimes this was the best part of being her. The freedom granted by her jutsu was a wonderful experience. A bark from nearby brought her back to her senses.

Curious by nature, Maido changes direction. Perhaps she might group up with some other hunters? She didn't particularly want to be alone, after all. Some company might do her good. Coming closer to the source of the sound, she came upon a rather large dog with the most beautiful coat and wonderful green eyes.

"Hmmm. What a cute doggie." For being in such a horrific looking form, her words were a bit cutesie, not to mention human and not at all a howl. She did keep her distance however, to be on the safe side. After all, she thought she could hear someone growing closer.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules,
Sia:
Everything is banned until balanced.
Kabuto:
Tourneys bring out the worst in people.
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Jaiyo:
The Lead on Of Jaiyo Uchiha. Jaiyo Uchiha was born in the middle of Winter So About January our world he had a brother and jaiyo was the older twin brother so there was alway a bit of competition between them untill the day the were enrolled into the ninja academy they worked hard an helped each other shape there skills in battle
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Onu:
Tydie is trash i cant believe he only gave 1 point for that masterpiece.
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
Waterz:
A simple animal extermination on a nearby island. The job was simple, but she wouldn't return unscathed. The two had the hots for each other and Kanako was going to give him a certain job in an alley before their ship back home arrived. Tsubasa was a little too eager from his comics, grabbed her head and tried ramming all the way in one go. What the carelessness did though was cause penetration of Kanako's left eye and impacting her brain. Her scream of pain seemed to be the final straw for him as well.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:
Kao:
depending on what she does while kinesising him
it'd be in a "I'm scared but also inexplicably hard" kind of way
Strategist:
No one asked for your patronizing you fuck
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Muramasa, Maido: Jounin, Female
Companions: None Yet
Lonely Thread:N/A
Kumogakure no SatoShow
Ishiguro, Cros: Jounin, Female
Lonely Thread: N/A

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Kazuo's ears twitched and he turned his head in the direction of the sound. What he saw was nothing even remotely close to what he had expected to see. Another animal, maybe a curious squirrel or something. Not some hideous amalgamation of blood and shadow that looked like a parody of a wolf. His hand twitched, ready to unsheathe his claws, when the mouth opened and words spewed forth.

… Had he taken a wrong turn and wound up in the Catacombs?

Koji slowly approached the beast, nose sniffing, the scent of blood overwhelming his other senses, driving his bloodlust up a little. Kazuo's eyes flared for a brief moment as he brought himself up to his full height, forcing his presence out over the area, not actively using any technique but ensuring that he was ready to suppress the spirit in case it proved to be as dangerous as it appeared.

"Who, or better yet what, are you?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Maido further took on the appearances before her. A rather large dog, quickly accompanied by its human companion. It was rather apparent to her that they were out and about for some sort of hunt. At least, that was what Maido would assume anyway. The whole area was trodden in snow as far as the eye could see. She supposed the two before her had come together for the festivities.

"Ah, my apologies young one. We are shinobi of the mist, here for the Winter Festival and its Great Hunt." Maido's form mutated abruptly as she backpedaled onto her hind legs and became humanish once again. Her blood-red scarf twitched in the wind, seeming to ebb and flow about her person as though it had a mind of its own. Her attire otherwise was rather unfitting for the weather. A thin black dress which revealed her collar bones and bare feet. Her white hair was kept down and though she appeared quite young in appearance, there was something somewhat off about her. Hey eyes had an unnatural glow and Koji would still undoubtly smell nothing but blood. "They call us Maido."

A small group of hunters ran past the three of them in quite the hurry. Maido looked in their direction. "After you?" She gestured.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules,
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Jaiyo:
The Lead on Of Jaiyo Uchiha. Jaiyo Uchiha was born in the middle of Winter So About January our world he had a brother and jaiyo was the older twin brother so there was alway a bit of competition between them untill the day the were enrolled into the ninja academy they worked hard an helped each other shape there skills in battle
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Waterz:
A simple animal extermination on a nearby island. The job was simple, but she wouldn't return unscathed. The two had the hots for each other and Kanako was going to give him a certain job in an alley before their ship back home arrived. Tsubasa was a little too eager from his comics, grabbed her head and tried ramming all the way in one go. What the carelessness did though was cause penetration of Kanako's left eye and impacting her brain. Her scream of pain seemed to be the final straw for him as well.
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:16 am

When the bloody hound of shadow suddenly reared up and started to morph, Kazuo's instinct was to summon the claws of Razorbolt. The blades slid out from the slats, locking into place as he clenched his hands into fists, giving him his signature claws. Then he blinked and listened to what it was saying. Shinobi of the Mist? Kazuo growled, technically fighting was disallowed between people in Fur Country, especially foreign ninja. Mist ninja unsettled him, though. They all had this air about them. Especially the stronger ones. Now that Maido had revealed her 'true' form, if that is what it really was, he could feel that same unsettling air.

"… Kazuo. A pleasure, I guess." He withdrew his claws and sniffed the air, noticing Koji's aggression hadn't ceased. He noticed it then. Blood. The overwhelming scent of blood, like they were standing in a pool of it. But no rotting flesh, no smell of decaying food or internal organs like at the sight of a massacre. This was pure blood. He eyed the strange woman who stood barefoot in the snow in nothing but a dress and felt a shudder run down his spine. He knew a predator when he met one.

The moment was interrupted by the hunters rushing past, obviously in an attempt to reach the meeting point before the grand hunt began. Kazuo watched them go before turning his attention back to Maido. Taking a deep breath, he relaxed as much as he could, before offering Maido a tight smile and the benefit of the doubt for now. "Sure. Koji, lead the way. Follow those hunters." Koji barely took his attention from Maido until Kazuo whistled, high and sharp, and the wolf immediately snapped to attention and began following his orders. Kazuo followed along behind, never quite showing his back to Maido.

"Long way for Mist ninja to come for a hunt."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:14 am

"The pleasure is all mine, young one." Her presence set the man and his dog on edge, she could tell. She chuckled to herself at the thought of it. How odd she must look, here in the snow in only a dress. Kazuo ordered his companion though was ignored until a shrill whistle cut the air, snapping the hound from his more aggressive posture. To be expected, she supposed. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea for her to get a pet or two herself, she thought. She would have to look further into that at some point she supposed.

A surge of chakra went throughout Maido's tiny, frail, human body, and she shifted into a more natural looking yet rather large wolf. Her coat was as red as blood and even in this form, a cloak wrapped itself around her neck, twitching and moving erratically as though it were alive. As the group of them began to move out, Kazuo attempted some small talk. She sniffed the air deeply for just a moment before responding. He smelled very vaguely of him, she thought to herself. "One might say the same for you. You are not from Fur Country are you, young one?" Maido could hear voices up ahead, quite likely to be the hunters that had ran past them not so long ago.

"They would appear to be amateurs." She mused, gazing upon the lot of them as they grew ever closer. They appeared to be arguing over something, but she barely listened. Her mind wandered and she wondered how it would all go down. She wasn't necessarily here for a hunt, per se. More of a visit. She had heard tales of a lovely spirit that came around the country about this time of the year. She was very intrigued and did so hope to meet them. "Idiotic may have been a better word."
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Jaiyo:
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
Waterz:
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Kazuo eyed the new form of this Maido character, how easily they shifted between forms without the use of a transformation technique… Was it a strange bloodline ability from the Mist? Despite their supposedly allied status, Kazuo knew little about Mist or its ninja. "No." Kazuo shook his head, his long ponytail flipping about behind him, oddly looking like the wolf's strange living scarf. "I'm from the Hidden Rock. Came here for the same reason, heard about the festival and was interested in this hunt."

Koji had slowed his pace and was prowling low against the snow, ears twitching. Kazuo knew that look. He narrowed his eyes and leapt up into a nearby tree, closing his eyes and turning his head so his ear was facing the direction the sounds were coming from.

"I'm telling you. We get this thing and we'll be set for life. Sell it and we all go our separate ways, enjoy some of our freedom!"

"This is about freedom, you fucking moron. It's about revenge. We use this beast's power to rip apart our old villages. Like we agreed on. Got it!?"

"… Make up … your minds. I don't… want to be… here anymore… than we… have to."

"Oh shut it you wimp! You're only here because we need you to seal the fucking thing. You'll get your money so quit your bitching."

"Let's just go and deal with this. Where is this spirit supposed to appear anyway?"

"To… the north… of the… forest."

"Your voice is starting to piss me off, let's fucking go. Seriously, see a doctor. Fuck."

Well… that was an interesting conversation. He stared at the blood red direwolf that was accompanying him, wondering if he should share what he had learned by listening in to that conversation. Whatever it was it didn't sound good. Technically, he was here off-duty and had no authority to intercede in Fur Country affairs. He should report this to the samurai and let them deal with it.

He should… but where was the fun in that? And really, who knew how long it was take to find the nearest samurai. This was still going to be a hunt as well, just not the type he had originally anticipated going out on. The question was what to do with this Maido thing. He wasn't sure if it even was a person. He was still half convinced that Maido was a spirit. Hell, they could have been the spirit the hunters were talking about. She? It? Whatever Maido was said they were from the Hidden Mist.

Deciding to go with his gut, Kazuo dropped from the tree and landed atop the snow, the chakra covering the soles of his feet keeping him from sinking into it. "Whoever those people were they aren't Fur Country hunters. Sounds like they're up to something that could be dangerous. I'm going to follow them. You feel free to do whatever you want." Turning his attention to Koji, a series of soft whistles told the wolf which direction they were going, and the hound nodded, picking up the scent trail and beginning to follow it.

Kazuo kept his eyes ahead of him but focused on the sound coming from behind, curious if this Maido would follow.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Maido listened attentively as Kazuo spoke a little on his origins and reasons for being in the area. His hound companion stopped and listened and Kazuo himself lept up into a tree. Maido looked on with curiosity and the man seemed to listen on on the conversation taking place up ahead. Quite keen senses, she thought to herself. An admirable skill, to be sure. She wished her own were as good. No matter, she supposed. With Kazuo in the tree to spy and eavesdrop on the hunters, she felt no need to exert chakra for sensory.

After a small period of time passed, Kazuo jumped back down, landing atop the snow without sinking in. An interesting use of the water walk, she supposed. Kazuo gave her his objectives. "Hmm. It could be fun to tag along I suppose." Maido mused to him just quiet enough so he could hear. A series of whistles emitted from Kazuo and Koji began to track. Canines were such useful creatures. She really must get one. Maido would indeed follow, keeping a somewhat close distance, not trailing too far behind but also not keeping up steadily. If one paid close enough attention, it became apparent that Maido was no longer running, but rather flying in a sense. Her form mimicked the movements, but the snow underneath was never disturbed. In fact, she never even touched the ground. Indeed, it was like she was running along air.

She remained silent for the most part but did pitch in a key note, "If it comes down to an altercation, we cannot kill them. Not in Fur Country anyway. The border however shouldn't be terribly far off." A low chuckle came with the last part. "Perhaps it will not come to that." A moment passed before she continued. "That would make things more...fun though."
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Jaiyo:
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
Waterz:
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:25 am

A shudder ran down his spine when he heard Maido begin to talk. There were no footsteps. No crunching of snow. The only reason he knew they were following was because of the fact he could smell the powerful scent of blood coming from them. It was disturbing to say the least. "I didn't have any intention of killing anyone. Just stop them causing trouble and ship them off to the samurai." Kazuo muttered, loud enough that Maido should hear but soft enough not to carry. "I'd appreciate it if you avoided it as well. I know what you Mist ninja are like. Killing people is not and should never be fun." He didn't want to have to deal with a bloodbath.

Sniffing the air, he found the scent trail Koji was following and homed in on the individual smells, memorizing it as best he could. Ninja could change their face easily but changing their scent was a little harder and a lot less common. Out of habit he tried to memorize scents of individuals and use that as their identifying trait rather than their appearance. He picked out the scents of two men and a woman, aggression, passivity, and… lust, if his nose was to be believed.

While he was at it he began scenting Maido, as he was getting accustomed to the coppery tang of the blood, and found himself musing on them. They could change shape between girl and wolf with apparent ease, the form of the wolf differing each time as well, but that overwhelming scent of blood was enough that he doubted he would ever mistake them for someone else.

'What are you?'

As he scented the air, more specifically Maido, he realized something else. Humans were usually made up of many different scents, different pheromones and chemosignals, that told Kazuo a whole lot about them. Male or female, happy, scared, angry. The only things he got from Maido was an undercurrent of excitement, but it was like a permanent smell, not an ever shifting one like it usually was, and the stink of death. No decay, no rot, but beyond the blood was the distinct smell of the dead. There was definitely something unnatural about Maido, more so than he originally assumed.

He did his best to bury the feelings of concern about such a creature, he already had to worry about the potential enemies ahead, he just had to hope that Maido wasn't an enemy at the rear as well.

Koji suddenly shifted directions, picking up speed, and Kazuo swore under his breath. He'd gotten so focussed on trying to analyse Maido he had failed to notice the fact his quarry was picking up speed. "They're starting to move. They've probably caught onto the trail of this spirit they're looking for. We need to move. Keep up." Or not. Honestly Kazuo would feel more comfortable without such an enigma at his back. Nevertheless, he picked up his pace, taking to the trees and bounding from branch to branch without ever disturbing the resting snow in quite the display of skill. His speed, however, would be limited. He had to maintain a distance from his quarry or else risk alerting them before he had any evidence of actual wrongdoing.
TechniquesShow
[Predator's Instinct • Faint Scent]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Inhaling deeply of a specific scent and focusing on it, Kazuo becomes able to track this scent over great distances. Faint scents are the layered, complicated scents such as sweat, sparks, treated wood and oftentimes are hard to distinguish even for canines. During the tracking of these scents it is often hard for Kazuo to focus on other things and he can easily lose the scent, so avoiding combat is required. Targets must have been standing in the area Kazuo begins tracking them from for at least a post or a scenting object such as a personal object must be used to begin tracking. Water, wind and strong scents do not inhibit this level of tracking individually, but when used together they will block scent.

[Predator's Instinct • Gender]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Males and females naturally give off different pheromones which affect their natural scent. Kazuo's sense of smell is so honed that he can determine if someone is male or female by their scent alone, though this can be more difficult if they are covering their scent with something like perfume.

[Predator's Instinct • State of Affairs]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Having spent so much time honing his sense of smell, Kazuo has become more attuned to the way smells can reflect the emotional state of the one who emanates them. He can tell when someone is nervous or excited, scared or happy, etc, from their scent alone.

[Predator's Instinct • The Hunt is On]
B-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Having spent years honing the art of silently stalking his prey, Kazuo has learned to naturally adjust the way he moves to remove any distinguishable noise even when moving at top speed. Those with enhanced hearing will still be able to make out the sound of his approach whilst moving at top speed, but should he slow to a walk he will become completely undetectable by sound even to himself.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:26 am

The man that Maido had accidentally stumbled upon was, interesting. Yes, that was a good word for it she supposed. Although, in his defense, he was certainly right. There was technically no reason that they might need to kill these particular entities which they were currently pursuing. Maido stifled a chuckle. "Do not insult me, Kazuo of the rock. The shinobi of the mist in this day and age are mere children. A fragment of a once great nation. Your dog could crap a more menacing Jounin. Do not compare me to those fools." She sounded angry, her voice having shifted into a more harsh and guttural tone. Throaty. Hoarse. As the words came out, a tiny black surge of chakra rifled throughout her body, but quickly faded away. "My apologies, young one. Thins in the mist are not as I would like them to be. The village has grown weak, by my standards."

"I will respect your wishes and refrain from the...killing, unless it becomes necessary." As the words came out, the trio of them continued to pursuit their company. Kazuo seemed to be focusing quite intently. Perhaps she had put him a bit too on edge. No matter, they had given themselves a job to do. He suddenly swore and shifted directions. Maido found herself a bit impressed with the way he bounded from location to location, never disturbing so much as the snow beneath his feet as he moved. A man of remarkable talents for stealth. She wondered if he fared equally well in combat. She supposed she might find out fairly soon. The three of them began to move quicker. Kazuo informed her that he was going to pick up the pace and so she followed suit.

Still, her form never quite touched the ground, seeming to run on air in a way. She kept up with the man and his canine companion, however. She made sure of it.
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Jaiyo:
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
Waterz:
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Kazuo froze in his movement and his head snapped back towards Maido, his entire body tense as the threat seemed to echo through his very core. What in the hell were they talking about? Children? Fragments of a great nation? Was this… person, creature, whatever Maido was, older than Kiri? Or were they just batshit insane? He had too many questions and not enough information to go off of. He couldn't trust his senses either, they were being fooled by Maido's strange, amorphous nature.

"See that you do."

Gritting his teeth, he turned and leapt back into the depths of the forest, travelling in silence. He did his best to push the strange feeling he got from Maido's threat to the back of his mind, ignoring the rising feeling in his chest that he wanted to scream and force Maido to feel the same fear they were forcing him to endure. It wasn't a fear like he was scared of them. It was primal. Predatory. The same thing he knew he instilled in others when he so chose.

Koji came to a slow trot and then halted altogether, Kazuo following suit and holding up a hand in the universal signal to stop so that Maido would hopefully recognize the need for silence. He crept up to Koji's position, and looked through the break in the tree line. Sure enough, the trio of hunters were just ahead. Two were watching the perimeter while one was chanting in some language Kazuo didn't understand, waving around what looked like a large incense burner with one hand and the other was held in a hand seal, the familiar glow of chakra surrounding him, though it was tinged maroon rather than blue.

He sniffed the air and had to quickly clasp his hand over his nose. Whatever that was burning was putrid. They still had no evidence of foul play, however, nothing he could provide to the samurai. He clenched his fists but otherwise dug in to watch. This was the most painful part of his job, being forced to watch instead of taking preventative measures. For all he knew this would come to nothing and the last thing he needed was to be detained by the samurai for starting a fight over a bunch of crazy people.

He just had to hope Maido could show the same constraint.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:17 am

For once, Maido composed herself. She remained silent. If the man before her saw something she did not and judged the situation to call for stealth, so be it. This was fine with her, of course. As much as she would love to just oh so easily end the lives of this miscreants they had been tailing, it was true that she didn't know for certain that they were up to no good. So she waited. Maido too sensed a most putrid smell of incense. Quite unpleasant. She neared closer, stealthily so and witnessed the maroon glow of chakra emanating from whom had previously been discerned as the coward of the group.

The chanting man stopped his mumbling for a moment. "The spirit went this way." He spoke to the other two, whom would turn around as he spoke to them. The trio of them began to move again and Maido waited until they were a bit further ways away before she spoke again. "So, they have a Tenkujutsu user among them. I imagine they will be attempting to seal the great spirit into someone. Or worse." She snarled, entirely unhappy with the thought and her tone certainly reflected that.

She would lead the way now, keeping quite a ways back as she followed the trio, whether Kazuo and his pet followed was of no consequence to her. She would do whatever it took to help the spirit be free. After a bit more trailing, the trio of hunters began to slow down. If one inspected closely, it would easy to ascertain that a myriad of voices had now joined with the trio they had been tailing.

"Quickly, bind it!"

From her vantage point, floating through the trees, Maido had a rather clear view of what she now saw to be a good group of a dozen imbeciles. Two of them were surrounded in an aura of maroon-colored chakra, surging chakra outwards from their bodies and towards a great spirit nearby. A large, white, wolf-like spirit of sorts. Maroon shackles had been bound to its limbs, connected to the two men which were very clearly restraining it. The spirit howled, a loud, shrill howl that chilled Maido to the...core. Whatever this great spirit was, it was very clearly unhappy with being restrained. Whilst most of the men had their backs to Maido, a few were looking in her general direction, though Maido was hidden from sight, obscured by snow and foliage.

"You are right in that we cannot kill them here, Kazuo of the rock. But we can run them across the border, it is not far from here. I will provide you with a distraction. Let's see if we cannot...wrangle them." With that, Maido sprang into action, leaping down from her flight-assisted position and into what was a rather conveniently located clearing in which all of this was taking place. Her form shifted, no longer resembling a large red wolf but taking on a much more hellish appearance. Her mouth opened sideways and a long tongue dropped from it, a surge of black chakra rifled visibly throughout her being and for just a moment she made eye contact with the great wolf spirit. Maido unleashed a thunderous roar, calling attention to herself immediately upon her arrival. Though this certainly startled the hunters, they did not immediately begin to run away by any means.

Several of them immediately began slewing together hand seals and Maido reflexively caused her cloak to flourish, expanding outwards a bit from the scruff of her neck, ready to protect her if necessary. Maroon chakra surged through one of them and a maroon chain flew towards her. Simultaneously, a barrage of stone and flames flew her way as well, each from different direction. Raising onto her hind legs, Maido let out another roar, a surge of chakra once again visibly emanating through her being. Her cloak moved, forming itself into two arms of sorts with very large hands. On her left, a hand simply slapped away the incoming flames, remaining stationary at the point of impact and causing the flames to simply dissipate into nothingness. On her right, her hand-shaped mutated cloak would grab the boulder that was coming towards her, straight out of the air. Several of the men began to slew hand seals together now but very quickly began to backpedal as Maido's blood appendage tossed the rock towards them at a frightening speed.

All the while, the maroon-colored chain had soared towards her...but simply passed through. "That thing isn't a spirit?!" Several of them uttered in disbelief. Maido's body began to surge with chakra, amassing a large amount of chiton within her being. The hunters were not done though, more techniques were coming in her direction. A much, much larger ball of flame came towards her. It was extremely wide, being spat out by three of them simultaneously. It would easily scorch the entire area ablaze if she didn't intervene. For a brief moment, she wondered if the two that were with her would be safe from it. If not, she supposed she would lend them a hand.
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Jaiyo:
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
Waterz:
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Kazuo's eyes locked onto the great spirit well before he ever noticed Maido beginning to move. It was a beautiful creature, canine in shape, snow white in colour. He made to step towards it when it howled and chains of maroon chakra began to shoot towards it. The sudden shift in atmosphere snapped him from his trance in time to see Maido's shift in attitude.

"Wait, Maido- Fuck!" Kazuo watched as Maido leapt off into the clearing and a feeling of dread settled in his stomach as they shapeshifted once more. Capturing a spirit wasn't illegal, damn it. Using it for nefarious purposes was but they still didn't have any evidence! Cussing up a storm, he jerked his head forward and Koji, who was rearing and ready to go, took off like a shot, darting in and around Maido's mutated form to get to his quarry. Kazuo meanwhile ran his hands through a set of hand seals when he saw all three begin throwing techniques at Maido.

Even he had to admit he was shocked when Maido batted aside the techniques as though they were nothing.

Still, he finished his hand seals, dropping from his tree branch to the forest floor and planted his hands against the ground. His charge surged into the earth and a second later a massive rumbling could be felt through the area as four large stone walls rose up between the group in a blockish semi-circle. Kazuo felt the heat of the flames wash against it and lick up over the edges. Even as he watched the walls begin to crack from the pressure of the katon ninjutsu, he knew the resulting energy from the attack wouldn't do much harm to the surrounding forest.

"Are you out of your fucking mind!? We had the element of surprise you moron!" Kazuo grumbled as he leapt forward, eyeing Maido's new form warily, but ignored it in favour of ensuring Koji hadn't been caught in the second wave of attacks.

Koji as it turned out had gone far and wide around the clearing to come in from the rear, avoiding the massive wall of flames entirely by accident. The wolf may be bloodthirsty but he had been trained well, knowing to avoid direct confrontation against superior numbers. Coming up from behind them, he launched himself at the one with the incense burner, simply because having an extra tool made him the most apparent threat. Knowing his master's order not to kill, he instead aimed to bite down on the man's shoulder and pull him to the ground.

Between the chaos of the flames and Maido's giant, howling form, a lone wolf, even one as large as Koji, was easy to miss until it was too late. A scream of pain echoed through the field and Kazuo smirked a little. "Atta boy." Leaping up and over the remains of his walls, Kazuo unsheathed his claws. Even if he wasn't entirely for this entire fight, now that he was in it, he was in it.
TechniquesShow
Kazuo: [Doton • Multiple Earth-Style Wall]
A-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Kazuo causes 4 spots of ground within 20 meters of him to erupt upwards at 10 speed into 10x10x3 meter large stylized walls. These 30 strength walls have pillars on either end and multiple wolf heads in the centre.

Koji: [Marōtsume Taijutsu • Vice Grip]
D-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Koji attempts to sink his teeth into either clothing or flesh depending on what he can get to. If this grasp is successful, the victim of the technique will require a Strength stat higher than Koji's in order to break loose from his hold.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Maido had entirely thrown caution to the wind for sure. Not one for stealth when it came to combat, she was perfectly at home in this bit of ordered chaos that she had summoned to the forest. The beings before her were mere insects compared to her might, she could tell from their jutsu. Child's play, very much so, she mused. It was a shame she couldn't kill them. In fairness, she supposed that did make this much more challenging. Black chakra surged again throughout her body as she screamed at the lot of them, her voice harsh and angry. "You will not imprison them!" Her voice boomed, a wave of ink-black chakra rifling through the air as the words emitted from her very being. The nearest of the hunters as well as the Kazuo's canine companion were immediately filled with a sense of fear.

Even still, jutsu began to fly towards her from the hunters. She noted that the dog companion of Kazuo's had succeeded in grabbing ahold of one of the tenkujutsu users. One of the men's body began to surge with electricity, his very being becoming engulfed with an aura of lightning, he moved at a frightening speed, closing the distance towards Kazuo, whom had revealed himself rather reluctantly. He built up pressure beneath himself and leaped into the air towards Kazuo, sparks flying about his person in a considerable range as he unsheathed his sword. His body began to spiral through the air, a flurry of steel and electricity. Maido could have easily intercepted with her cloak, but chose not to. Why take all the fun herself?

The huntesr which had been awestruck by the mere sound of Maido's voice had begun to back away, continuing to hurl jutsu at her. Ugh, this would be much easier to deal with if I could just kill them. A bolt of electricity cracked out from one of them as two of them ran straight at Maido, their bodys surging with chakra of their own. This chakra surged into their blades, which they brandished and began to swing in Maido's direction. A flurry of flames erupted from their swords and the onslaught of elements closed in on her. Maido charged forwards her cloak moving to intercept teach of the incoming blows as she gained speed. It became very apparent that Maido was not going to be taken down these levels of jutsu. The hunter's began to edge backwards, the tenkujutsu users holding tight to their chains, even the one that Koji had dragged to the ground. "Let's get out of here!" One of them yelled out, body surging with chakra. The great spirit howled and began to thrash about, very obviously becoming angrier as more chains erupted from the caster and began to encircle it.

The ground in front of Maido erupted, a large pillar of stone attempted to spear her from below as she ran along the ground, but her body split in half straight down the middle and the spear hit nothing. The halves met back together and Maido continued her gallop, nearing closer towards the group of men as elements continue to rain down upon her.
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Jaiyo:
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
Waterz:
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:57 pm

When Maido screamed, Kazuo winced. The wave of blackened chakra washed over him and left him with a horrible feeling in the pit of his gut. "What kind of monster are you…" His eyes flicked towards Maido's now horrible form and then back to the task at hand. While Koji was busy attempting to put a stop to the primary caster of whatever this sealing technique was, Kazuo was doing his best to try and draw the attention of the others. Which he had apparently done well in, seeing as there was now a man flying at him that appeared to be surrounded by lightning. Kazuo's eyes flicked off to the side and saw what he was looking for. A hand seal later and Kazuo was no longer standing in the path of the man and he ran headlong into a large chunk of shattered stone that had resulted from the original onslaught.

Safely out of immediate harm, Kazuo shifted his weight and then punched forward. Just as his jab reached its apex, he jerked his wrist slightly and the blades attached to his gauntlets were let loose, sailing forward as if he had thrown them, straight at the lightning-enshrouded man. He had to be careful to aim for non-vitals but really… it was self-defence at this point. Another glance at Maido had him rethinking that particular decision. Maybe not so much.

His smirk turned to a scowl when the blades were largely slowed to a halt by the lightning shroud. They did pierce the chakra shell and scratch the man within but it was no more than a paper cut at that point. Still, the lightning disappeared, and with it the primary threat to Kazuo. As he moved to leap back into combat, he heard the shout for retreat. He looked to Maido to tell her to leave things when he saw their entire form split in two before reforging.

'And they aren't a spirit!? What in the hell!'

Wary of everything, the people he was trying to stop, the thing that was supposed here to help, Kazuo was unsure as to what kind of clusterfuck he had gotten himself into this time. Maido was advancing on the trappers, they were trying to take their prize and flee, and Koji had been forced into submission by whatever the hell it was that Maido had done. He had to think of way to prevent all of this from getting any further out of hand.

Then he felt it.

That primordial scream.

Pain. Anger. Rage.

Slowly his eyes turned to the great white wolf, the maroon chains of energy tightening around it like a noose. This was getting out of hand. Maido looked ready to kill these people regardless of the Fur Country laws, but even if they did go quietly, there was no stopping the enraged beast at this point. He could see that clearly. Right now the only thing keeping them safe from that spirit was whatever jutsu the trappers were using to try and keep it down.

And Maido was about to end it.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 am

Being restrained by the laws of Fur Country, Maido was finding herself increasingly annoyed with the entire situation. If she wasn't allowed to kill them, yet they were trying to kill her, then what should she do? Of course, she was trying to chase them across the border. That could take quite some time though, she figured. Perhaps she could expedite the process a bit. She disregarded Kazuo and his canine compatriot, her cloak actively twitching each and every direction, knocking away incoming boulders, blasts of lightning, balls of fire, gusts of wind, dragons of water. It was all irrelevant to her. The beings before her were simply not on her level. They could never hope to compete. To her, they were ants. Ants that she wasn't allowed to squash. How infuriating.

A surge of chakra had built up within her and she released it outwards into the world. The air would be tinged red, the world around her becoming encompassed and infused by her chakra. Living creatures and even the great spirit would feel an odd sensation course through them. Not painful, not unpleasant, though not enjoyable either. Merely odd. Enough was enough, she had decided. She was taking this fight across the borders and she was going to do it now. She shifted into a more human form. Rather, an actual human form. Her normal appearance presented itself, fur clothing and lacquer armor. Several cries of "What was that?" fell deaf to her ears as the air had been dyed red with her perversion of everyone's chakra.

What happened next what not at all be painful for her companions, but certainly so for the others. Maidos arms raised up as her cloak continued to ebb around and displace the harm that was targeted at her. Every living being in the encounter was suddenly moved against their will. The whole lot of them were all suddenly flown through the air at frightening speed. Whilst Maido, Kazuo, and even Koji were carefully maneuvered through trees, their opponent's were not. The forest was left broken in her wake, but at the end of it all, they were all found to be not in Fur Country. And since they were no longer in Fur Country, Maido was their new god. As far as gods went however, she was a rather nasty one.
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Jaiyo:
Tydie:
Onu:
Methtastic:
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
Waterz:
Kao:
Strategist:
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Kumogakure no SatoShow