[Closed] Dance of the Cocoon

ShinobiTruth x Aes Sedai

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 pm

It’d been a week, and there had been remarkable progress.

Ookuri had not missed a single day in visiting Yasu. He’d get up extra early in the morning to see her (he wouldn’t wake her up if she was asleep, instead working on schoolwork in silence while keeping her company) and every day after class for the entire evening. Even if she wasn’t in class, he wanted to make sure she was missing a little as possible. Ookuri’s notes were excellent, and he’d make sure to ask Ieyasu additional questions so that he could properly explain them to her when he arrived in the evenings. He’d also make sure to bring a different fruit and sweet delicacy with him in the morning and evening, respectively. He wouldn’t make her eat it; that choice was still hers to make. More than anything, he simply wanted it to be a sign that he was there for her.

On one particular evening, he came in to check in with the infirmary staff. The receptionist, Nezumi, always lit up whenever he walked into the lobby. ”Ookuri-san! It’s good to see you again!” she chimed, her voice much like an older sister speaking to a younger brother.

”Good afternoon, Nezumi-san! It’s good to see you, too. How is Yasu today?”

Nezumi’s smile widened. ”I’m glad you asked. She’s being discharged today!”

Ookuri could not have looked so happy if you’d told him he was going to be the next Raikage. He hastily finished signing in. ”That’s incredible! I’m gonna help her on her way out,” he replied elated.

With a nod and a chuckle, Nezumi and Ookuri parted ways. It was only after he arrived in front of her door, however, that he realized Yasu might not see this parting so sweetly. If she was being discharged, she would be heading back to that hellhole she called home before long. He sincerely wished that Ieyasu could pull some strings and have her remain here, in the dorms, but he knew the village would never consent to that. Yasu was a wonderful, caring kind person, but Konegu was a potential danger to those around it.

Taking a deep breath, he took solace in the fact that Yasu was finally getting the rest and sustenance she deserved. With a smile, he knocked. ”Yasu-san, it’s me!” he said brightly before opening the door.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:34 am

Yasu was in her room getting ready to leave, though she hardly felt happy about it honestly. She was starting to put on weight again, her ribs slowly disappearing as muscle-tone and fat began to take over. She hated it, still having trouble thinking of herself as a healthy weight in this state due to her mother's influence over the past several months. As she got dressed she paused, laying her wrap around skirt and sweater out on the bed as she looked down at herself. She wore her small black shorts that may as well have been underwear for all they covered, and her black spaghetti strap shirt. Her hands ran over her sides as she felt the way her ribs were vanishing and frowned, sighing as she shook her head. "Mom's going to be pissed... but I guess I just have to get used to that..." she muttered to herself, suddenly freezing as she heard a cheerful, familiar, voice behind her and the sound of the door opening.

Yasu felt frozen in place, barely turning her head to look at Ookuri as her back was to him, a blush creeping its way up her neck and to her cheeks. Of course, learning how to dance she had become accustomed to changing in front of others but that was usually her parents or other dancers... not the boy she was finding herself liking more and more. "...hi..." she said, blushing intensely as she suddenly snatched her wrap-around skirt off the bed. She quickly put the garment around her waist and tied it off, taking a deep breath as she felt something closer to decent now even before she pulled on her sweater. "They're.... um... they're discharging me..." she managed to say.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:38 am

If this were a cartoon, Ookuri would have had steam shooting out his ears with how deep his blush was. Ookuri was, in a word, innocent, wholly unfamiliar with the nuances and etiquette of conducting himself around girls that weren’t family. Having a young woman suddenly scantily clad in front of him wasn’t an experience he was expecting, nor was he expecting his sudden attraction to feminine features. Quickly averting his gaze, he did his best to compose himself, his heart slamming up against his ribcage. ”Y-Yeah... I-I came to walk you out,” he stammered, twiddling his thumbs with his back turned.

The silence hung between them for a few long moments before Ookuri spoke again. ”I-I know you may not feel this way... but you look very nice, Yasu-san,” he said softly. He knew that he couldn’t possibly understand how what she’d suffered would affect her view of herself, but he was just grateful that she wasn’t literal skin and bones anymore.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:16 am

Yasu struggled with the sweater for a few moments, her embarrassment somehow turning it into a living thing that had to be wrestled into submission before it could be worn. Once she had it on though she turned around and sat on the edge of the bed, fully dressed and taking a few breaths to calm herself and her blush before she told Ookuri he could turn around. But before she could tell him, he spoke, and for a moment the girl froze. She thought he meant her clothes and it took her a moment, and Konegu, to realize what he was saying.

"He means your body child. You're filling out, just as you should be now that you're eating more."

"Wha.... wait what? That's... he shouldn't have been looking!"

"You're the one who changed in front of an unlocked door."

Yasu found herself wanting to pout at the spirit in her, but she didn't know how to do it mentally without doing it physically and she didn't want to upset Ookuri. Clearing her throat she finally spoke to him. "Thanks..." she managed quietly, blushing up to the tips of her ears now, a blush she knew wasn't going to go away any time soon. "You can turn around now you know... I'm decent."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 am

Yasu might either be relieved or more panicked to know that she wasn't the only one blushing at this incident. As he turned around, Ookuri was also blushing, his cheeks reddened from his own embarrassment at walking in on Yasu like that, especially someone as important to him as Yasu. 'She's a girl in an infirmary about to be discharged; of course she might be getting dressed, you idiot. What, you not have enough brain cells to even knock?' The reprimands in his mind wouldn't stop, but turning around, he'd bow slightly and take a seat next to her. After a few quiet moments, he offered an apology. "I apologize, Yasu-san, I should have knocked first," he said, staring down at his hands. "That was very rude of me to just barge in like that."

Despite this momentary setback, he actually had a whole afternoon planned together with her. In his journey up the mountain, Ookuri had spotted a few areas in particular that he'd wanted to check out, and having someone with him would make it all the better. He knew that she'd be going home at the end of the day, but it had thankfully been a half-day in class, so the material to cover was less extensive than normal. If nothing else, he wanted her to have memories to help her endure the storm she might face when she'd have to return to that wretched place.

To that effect, he tried to change the subject. "W-We only had a half-day today, Yasu-san," he offered, managing to mostly regain his composure, despite the firm pink flush that still dominated his cheeks. "There's the plateau further down the mountain with a market and a variety of shops. Did you wanna go take a look, stretch your legs?" he asked, offering a bashful smile as he presented the suggestion to her.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:00 pm

"It's okay, Ookuri." Yasu tried to assure him, her fingers fiddling in her lap as she couldn't quite bring herself to look up at him with her current blush. "It was an accident. It happens." she added, clearing her throat as she finally lifted her eyes and saw he was blushing just as much as she was, if not more. It honestly relieved her to some degree to see he was just as flustered as she was, she didn't feel quite so out of place and even felt her blush fading with that relief.

She was happy for a change in subject though, sighing almost happily as he brought up class and even a walk. She nodded, pushing herself off the edge of the bed and standing as she moved closer to Ookuri. She had fallen asleep against him more than once, and yet still she found herself hesitating or embarrassed when too near to him. Beginning to blush again furiously she forced herself to reach out and take one of his hands, interlacing their fingers and smiling at him. "That sounds nice." she said quietly. "I... don't want to go home yet." she admitted, mentally chiding herself.

'He's my friend, I've fallen asleep leaning on him before. Why am I so embarrassed to hold his hand? It seems natural enough... I like the way his hand feels...'

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Yasu likely couldn't tell, but Ookuri was waiting impatiently for her answer. He wasn't certain why, but he'd felt a shift between them, the way they talked to each other. Had he messed things up more than he'd realized with his lack of consideration? Was her assurance about the accident more than what she simply told him? And why was he so preoccupied about what she thought of him now? Yes, he wanted to be Yasu's friend, but this was beyond that. His feelings toward this young woman were stronger, and he'd only realized it now. Why was that?

As Yasu stood, Ookuri was afraid she would draw away from him, so he was pleasantly surprised when she stepped closer, but he was awestruck when she was so bold as to reach forward and take his hand in hers, fingers intertwined with one another. His blush grew in intensity, yet despite his bashfulness, he felt strangely at peace. Her hand... it felt like it belonged there, wrapped together with his. He didn't really understand his feelings, but he didn't want them to go away. This... This felt nice. This felt right. If there was anyone in this world that truly understood him, it was Yasu, and he wanted her to be as much of a part of his life as possible. What that meant, he wasn't sure, but he would figure it out.

His smile growing, he reciprocated the gesture, closings his fingers to bring their hands closer together. "Alright... Let's not waste a single more minute in this infirmary, then," he said quietly, getting up from the bed. "Do you have everything? Is there still more you need?" he asked, making sure that Yasu was ready to go.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 am

"I have everything." Yasu assured him, chuckling a bit in spite of her blush. "I mean... I didn't come in with much so..." she admitted. She leaned against him as they'd inevitably walk out of the room, and of course her blush would only get worse as they passed by the front desk. Her mind was going a hundred miles a minute the girl felt like, trying to figure out when she'd gotten so comfortable with him. She knew immediately that Ieyasu wouldn't be happy if he saw the two right now, she knew she'd be in for a lecture about her emotions and vulnerabilities. Moreso she knew her mother would be angry, demanding that dance take up her life over everything else.

But honestly those thoughts only made her happier with where she was, holding Ookuri's hand.

"We should get something to eat on the way... have a picnic on that plateau." she said suddenly, smiling a bit. "They keep telling me I should eat more for awhile, until my weight comes up to where they want it. Be nice to get something sweet before I have to go home. Doctor's orders or not there is no way she'll let me have sweets."

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:43 am

Ookuri nodded quietly as Yasu confirmed that she was ready to leave. His heart skipped a beat as she leaned into him, practically aflutter with joy at the gesture, and he almost seamlessly looped his arm around her, his hand still gently clasping hers. His blush was practically full force at this point, so even though he was just as nervous to walk by the front desk, he could at least sheepishly wave goodbye to the nurses at the front, who all seemed absolutely smitten with the pair. For the first time, they’d leave that infirmary together, and a strange sense of victory overcame him. He hadn’t failed. He’d stayed with his friend and had been there for her through thick and thin... Friend...

Was she just a friend? No, friends didn’t hold hands the way they did. Friends didn’t lean on each other like this, not so closely. This... Yasu, she was something more, and of that much he was certain. He wasn’t sure yet what they were to each other; his heart was still too inexperienced to fully understand his feelings. But he knew she was precious to him, more precious than anyone in his family. Ookuri could say confidently that, despite how short of a time they’d known each other, he would do nearly anything to make her happy.

”Yeah... a picnic sounds wonderful, actually,” the Arashiyama confirmed. ”We can either grab a few things from the mess hall or get something at the market. It’s your call, Yasu.”

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Yasu wrinkled up her nose at the mention of the mess hall and gently shook her head against his shoulder. "Market." she answered confidently. "I think I've had enough mess hall food for awhile..." she admitted with a bit of a chuckle. "We should get something good for this picnic, otherwise it'll just feel like sitting in the hospital still." she added.

As they walked along, Yasu would wait for a moment to speak on a certain subject until she was sure they were out of earshot of most people, at least of anyone actively paying attention. "I don't know if I got a chance to tell you this... but Konegu says there's a spirit in you too. The flashes you get, he said he feels something weird from you too. An emptiness but not as simple as nothing... I don't really understand what he's saying honestly. But he says there's a spirit there too. Just like me."

"Well. Not just like you, child. His spirit is certainly weaker, as is he. He can't even communicate with it."

'Don't be an ass. Its bad enough talking about this when I'd rather just enjoy the moment... but I can't forget to tell him at some point. But there's no need for you to be an ass about it.'

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Ookuri nodded, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. ”Alright, then. Market it is,” he confirmed as they walked down the mountain path.

Ookuri’s ears zeroed in on Yasu’s next words, taking a quick once over of their environment before he responded. ”...Yeah, I remember you telling me when we were in your inner world. Honestly, whenever you would fall asleep, I would start trying to search inward, trying to find this spirit inside of me... for the first couple of days, I didn’t really find anything. It was difficult to even remember the sensation, because I only had the feeling of being pulled in with you to go off of. Eventually, though... I found something. It was like a large stone, perfectly round. It almost didn’t seem real. When I reached out to it, I felt a shock and was rocked back into consciousness. I don’t think it’s that it can’t talk to me... I don’t think it wants to. Not yet, anyways.”

Leaning his cheek lightly against her head, he sighed, content. ”Whatever it is, it brought us together. It finally did something good for once.”

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Yasu listened to what Ookuri said, honestly a bit puzzled as she listened. For her Konegu had been almost immediate, the idea of not wanting to talk to their host... it made her wonder if there was a larger problem at hand. "Could it be... I mean, Konegu was sealed in me. Could it be this thing needs to be as well? If it isn't, there's a bigger danger of it taking over you... husking you." she said the words quietly, shaking her head slightly. "Konegu wants me to steer clear of Ieyasu, but he's the only person I know that might be able to help you." Yasu couldn't help a bit of a chuckle however, in spite of how serious the subject at hand was. "Then again, he wants me to stay away from you too, and that's not happening."

Yasu turned her head slightly, looking up at Ookuri a moment as a blush spread across her cheeks again. "You might be the only good thing in my life right now, with everything going on. I'm not letting that go."

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Yasu's response put Ookuri on alert, in a manner of speaking. He wasn't particularly certain what exactly husking was, but it sounded clearly ominous. There was still so much about the spirits and the Genma that he didn't understand. He was determined to learn more so that he could be of further use to Yasu. It didn't sit well with him that the most he could do was simply root for her on the sidelines. It just further showed exactly how close the two had gotten over such a short period of time.

He got a tiny bit of an ego boost knowing that his presence upset Konegu, allowing himself a bashful chuckle at the revelation. He'd started out literally thinking he was a failure and now mighty spirits were unsettled by him? It was a lot to take in. What really got to his feels, however, was what came after. His eyes softened as he took her other hand with his own, softly intertwining their fingers. "I'm not letting go, either. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he said softly.

He never thought he could have been more thankful to Hayate for pushing him to remain as a shinobi before now. The gift he'd received in Yasu was beyond something he could describe, and beyond something that he knew he'd ever be able to repay... but it sure wouldn't stop him from trying to make her as happy as possible.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Of course Konegu was trying to argue with Yasu in her head, but the young girl buried his words quickly, not wanting to give him the time of day right now. She was enjoying her time with Ookuri already. On their walk towards the market she quickly realized they had stopped, her smiling up at him as he seemed to echo her feelings and the girl blushed yet again. Being a dancer before she was a shinobi, the girl had never really focused her mind on boys much before. Her remarks about them had only drawn her mother's ire and so were quickly stifled but as she stopped and looked up at Ookuri she found she could actually admire his features. She found herself blushing as she admired the tone of his skin, his brown hair and eyes. After what he'd said Yasu couldn't help herself, slipping her fingers from his she suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

Of course, at their height difference, the hug required a slight hop from the girl.

Without thinking about it too much she kissed him on the cheek and buried her face in at his neck, feeling like she was blushing so hard she might be glowing. "Good." she said quietly. "I'm going to get stronger with Konegu... so whenever your spirit finally decides to speak to you, I can help you just like you've helped me."

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Ookuri could not help but relax into Yasu’s touch as her fingers ran up the hair in the back of his neck. He’d remembered being made fun of by other kids in the clans for his strange skin and hair, devoid of the normal bright shocks of platinum blonde against deep brown, instead his skin taking a caramel hue and his hair a deep brown. His family didn’t care about it or give him grief, but Yasu looked at them with such compassion in her eyes. He was moved by her affection on a profound level, and when she jumped into his arms in an embrace, his arms naturally moved to catch her, holding her close, their hearts beating in sync.

The sudden sensation of her lips gently pressing on his cheek almost stole his power of speech from him. His cheeks flushed a bright red as he held her just a little more tightly, his heart nearly overflowing with emotion. Taking a moment, he warred within himself on what to do before the obvious answer won out. Returning the gesture in kind, his lips gently pressed to her neck, his fingers now running through the hair on the back of her neck as well. ”I don’t care what you do, as long as you let me be there with you,” he whispered quietly.

They’d stay that way for as long as she wanted, holding each other in perfect silence, until she was ready to continue to the market.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Yasu couldn't have been blushing any redder as she finally released Ookuri, looking up at him as she pressed the tips of her pointer fingers together nervously. "If I can help it, I'll never leave your side." she finally said, still blushing furiously as she took a deep breath and gathered up enough courage to reach out and take Ookuri's hand in hers again, interlacing their fingers together. She wasn't sure, but Yasu knew she had grown closer to the boy since her hospital stay had started. She found he meant a great deal to her, at this point she'd say even more than her parents meant to her though she wasn't sure that meant too much given what had been happening.

"S-s-so.... where should we get food? For the picnic?" she asked hesitantly. She couldn't bring herself to look at him, already blushing so much and fearing she might explode if she met eyes with him again now. 'Are we... is this... dating? Is this a date?' she found herself wondering, but of course Konegu was quick to try and quash her hopes.

'Infatuation. It'll wear off, don't do anything stupid until it does.'

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 pm

Ookuri wasn’t in much better shape, his cheeks reddened by his own boldness with the kiss to her neck. His face was just about as flushed as Yasu’s as she finally pulled away from the embrace. Every word Yasu offered him was practically a treasure; his heart nearly burst with her vow, for a brief moment official beyond words. Ookuri’s hand smoothly matched Yasu’s own as their fingers interlocked and drew them closer, and as their eyes met, Ookuri finally understood what he was feeling. This wasn’t just friendship.

This was affection. He had deep feelings for this girl.

Tugging on her hand just slightly, Ookuri gently drew her closer to his side. ”The market near the plateau has some really nice food carts,” he explained. ”There are some carts there with desserts, too.”

Ookuri’s mind also drifted to the same possibility as Yasu, but unlike Konegu, who quickly bashed down the possibility, Ookuri confirmed it in his mind. ’We’re on a date... Holy crap, we’re on a date, this is awesome!’

Eventually, the pair would make their way to the market, a large number of bustling lively stalls that hosted a variety of foods both savory and sweet. Where would Yasu’s tastes lead them?

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:05 am

While in the hospital, Yasu had been introduced to quite the array of new foods as part of the attempts to get her eating more. Sometimes it had been Ookuri who brought something, sometimes staff, and once or twice even Ieyasu had shown up with something new. As they got to the market now, Yasu could see where most of it had been gotten from. She found herself, for the first time in her life maybe, excited about food. Knowing the two were going to be on a picnic she picked up a couple bento boxes for them with an assortment of food in each but one item in particular she went searching for.

It didn't take her long to find it, a stand that sold several steamed items but what really had her attention was the Dou Sha Bao. She paid for a container of four of the steamed buns with the sweet red bean paste in the middle, practically jumping up and down in place as she found them and turned to Ookuri. "I think I'm ready." she said, blushing a touch. She still had moments where her new enjoyment of food made her feel fat because of the way her mother had taught her to see food, but around Ookuri she found she didn't feel that pressure.

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:25 am

Ookuri didn't dictate anything about what happened next. Instead, he simply followed Yasu's lead, watching her eyes light up as she caught sight of the market, though he did take time to purchase a large, soft blanket for themselves. As promised, he'd remain by her side as she scoured the marketplace, first buying a couple of boxes of bento. He was curious to see if she would stop herself there, and he was thankful to see that she was still looking for more. Aside from the fact that she seemed much more open about eating food, Ookuri paid close attention to the girl, following her as she moved between the carts, looking for something in particular. He'd make certain to commit what he saw next to memory.

Eventually, they came upon a cart that seemed to have walls of steam wafting from either side, and Ookuri watched as Yasu's eyes lit up, zeroing in on her prize. The young man couldn't help but laugh as she could barely contain herself, her excitement and joy more contagious than any disease. She was trying her best to not literally hop around with joy, he could tell. Ookuri wasn't complaining, though; this bashful side of her was simply too adorable to resist, only smiling more widely at seeing the girl so happy. "There must be something special about those bao for you to love them so much," he grinned, taking the small sack containing their bento in one hand and Yasu's hand in the other, fingers softly intertwined. "What's inside them?"

This portion of the plateau was low enough on the mountain that there were still patches of coniferous trees, adding deep green accents to the otherwise stoic red and brown rocks of the mountains. Leading Yasu into one such cluster of trees, Ookuri sat them down in a clearing, laying the blanket down over the bed of fallen pine needles, adding a further cushion against the ground with the blanket atop them. He'd sit down, cross-legged, setting the bento down gently and unwrapping the silk cloth that had bound them together.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Yasu found herself blushing again as Ookuri asked about the dessert she had picked out. "I don't know they're just... fluffy, and kinda sweet." she said, the blush refusing to relent as he took one of Yasu's hands again. "It's a sweet red bean paste. It's good, I just like it because its not like... overpowering. It doesn't hurt my teeth like some other sweets do." she admitted, walking along with Ookuri as he led the way to the plateau where the pair were planning to have their picnic.

She watched him lay out the blanket and sat down beside him, setting the bao aside for the moment as he got the bento boxes ready. Waiting to take hers she took a moment to look out through the clearing at the view they had. "This is beautiful." she said, sighing to herself happily. "So glad to finally be out of that infirmary room... this is just so much better."

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Ookuri nodded. "I see... That does sound quite delicious, honestly," he commented, blushing a little bit at seeing Yasu so smitten by holding his hand. "I'll have to give them a try at some point."

Now that he knew where the market was, he wasn't about to ask Yasu to give any of hers. The fact that she had a food item that she enjoyed was definitely more important. He wanted her to eat, and he wanted her to enjoy eating. If he could serve as a motivation for that, that was all the better. "I noticed these trees on the way up when I was traveling to the Academy. Despite how close they are to the Academy, the people here told me no one really took time to check this forest out. I'm really glad you like it; I wasn't certain what it was going to be like, to be honest," he admitted. Handing Yasu her bento, he took his, but he'd wait to open his until she got to see what was in hers. Buying bento at market stalls was always interesting. Because they were closed, there wasn't always an easy way to tell what was inside of them. After she opened hers, he would open his own and take the first bite of his food. He started with the rice, a solid baseline for what the rest of the meal was to taste like. It seems that the rice had been seasoned with the oils from the cooked fish within his bento, giving it additional flavor. His features lit up at the taste. "This market's food is excellent," he commented simply after swallowing.

He'd take a peek over at Yasu every so often, but he wouldn't be overbearing. She'd had enough of people forcing her to eat. It was better to let her enjoy the moment.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Yasu stared out at the view they had for several minutes, sighing to herself as she simply enjoyed the peace in the moment. She wasn't used to such serenity, having been surrounded by constant people and constant noise in the infirmary. But sitting with Ookuri felt different to her, even as they both fell quiet she didn't feel alone or ignored, and she didn't even feel like a burden. The girl smiled to herself before looking down at the bento box in her lap she had yet to open and shook her head, bringing herself out of that reverie and back into the moment. Upon opening the box she couldn't help a quiet squeak of delight as she noticed what was within. There was of course a mound of white rice, and a couple pieces of some kind of sushi roll, but there was also a handful of tempura vegetables and a section of chicken teriyaki. "Wow that looks so good..." she muttered.

'Looks like much needed sustenance child... eat. Enjoy... but please cease with the constant thoughts of this boy. He's only going to bring you heartache...'

Yasu had gotten very good at ignoring Konegu as of late. The voice of the spirit felt like background noise to her and she hardly even noticed his words as she got out her chopsticks to enjoy her food, and the company of the boy beside her.

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Ookuri was fortunate that he could not hear Konegu’s objections because, considering what ‘warnings’ he was giving his friend, he might have found the mood significantly less joyous knowing he had someone attempting to separate them from the start. Despite his ignorance, however, the thought that he and the ancient spirit might come to butt heads had indeed crossed the genin’s mind. Still, he wasn’t about to focus on that, not now. This was Yasu time.

He couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped his lips at Yasu’s excitement. Her joy was contagious, and that wasn’t even counting the affection he held for the girl. ”I’m glad you like it. The bento they make in this market are fantastic,” he managed to mention to her, his own voice muffled by a small bite of food he had taken from his own bento.

He couldn’t help but wonder if at some point he might be able to take Yasu into his own inner world. Perhaps her influence might help him learn more of the entity that rest within him. Besides, she’d shared that world with him, and he wanted to return that trust in kind. In the midst of this train of thought, he caught himself, taking a moment to marvel at exactly what he was considering. Smiling even more widely, he glanced over at Yasu, admiration clearly present in his eyes. Before he’d come here, he’d only really thought about himself. Now, though, he understood how small his problems were in comparison to others. It both humbled him and warmed his heart, and he was glad that it was Yasu that had taught him that lesson.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Yasu nibbled on her food slowly, enjoying the flavor and only able to really nod as Ookuri spoke to her. A blush spread across her cheeks as she did as well, simply because she realized how full her mouth was at the moment he had asked. Still though, despite her momentary embarrassment she didn't really feel the urge to go back to old habits already and she enjoyed her food. Without her mother leering over her she found food much more enjoyable and hardly thought about skipping out on any of it. It probably helped that the nurses and Ookuri had all spoiled her while she was there, if the food for the day was awful there was always at least one of them ready with something delicious from the market instead.

By time she finished her food she found herself sighing happily, setting it aside and inching closer to Ookuri as she leaned her head on his shoulder comfortably. She had no desire to go home, almost wishing that she could instead sleep right there in their clearing. She had a feeling it would become a special place for them as time went on, hardly realizing her thoughts had already begun to go from 'me' to 'we'.

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 pm

As Yasu leaned in toward him, Ookuri scooted himself closer to the young woman and gently looped his arm around her, nestling her head in the crook of his shoulder. His cheeks flushed just a tad as she leaned against him, finding peace in the contact that they shared as the delicate sounds of nature continued to cast their music to the softly drifting currents of the mountain wind. Amidst all of the chaos that had already passed, as well as that which still stood before them, the pair had found a sanctum, a refuge from the blur and the noise. Much like his compatriot, Ookuri found himself wishing time would slow for them at this moment, even if it only gave them a second more. There was no telling what would happen when they were once again separate, and he dreaded the notion that something as obnoxious as distance might keep them apart at a time when she needed him most.

Seeking out her hand, Ookuri would intertwine his fingers with hers, using the hand that was already looped around her in an embrace as he rest his cheek atop her head. Strangely enough, despite its opposition to his presence, he and Konegu shared the same singular desire: to protect this beautiful soul that trusted him so. He wasn't certain what he had done to deserve having such a wonderful person in his life, but he sure as heck hoped he kept doing it.

Deep within, away from anyone's view, the monolithic orb, its tone darker than the void of space, sat quietly in its dimly lit grey inner world. It floated in the nothingness, stoic and unfeeling as the universe's unstoppable progression to absolute entropy. The entity observed the events that passed from this human's hilariously limited perspective. With a power imperceptible to any but itself, its consciousness searched the boy's very being, almost as checking the progress of an experiment. In silence, it completed its work and withdrew back into itself.

"...Soon... Soon, you will know me..."

Return to “The Academies”