A Visit from the year's Guest Teacher

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:24 am

For the most part, the first year of the new northern academy had been off to a great start. It was not perfect- the high amount of Jounin and shinobi guard concentrated around the academy, for it's protection, set a less than desired tone... but the security of the students was paramount in this these terribly tumultuous times. Specifically, one certain student needed even more security than the others. That student was the host of the Hell Genma. While the village-ending weapon was relatively a secret to even most the staff, there was certainly a constant eye on the girl. Taking a deep breath as he straightened his Jounin flak jacket, Hayate stepped out of his room and strode down the hall.

He had, until now, stayed out of the affairs of the students, and the specific student he was concerned about... however recent situations had caused him to swap his decision. He could no longer let the child go without his support. Yasu's class was just about to end, and he intended to intercept her outside the class, to talk. He had to figure out a way to do it though without drawing to much attention to the fact the Raikage had singled out one of the students. Which was why he was not dressed as the Raikage.

His hands clasped together as he continued walking towards the class, a puff of smoke engulfed him as he used the transformation technique. Seconds later as he emerged out of the cloud of smoke, he looked like any of the Jounin teaching staff of the academy. He rounded the corner of the hall and stopped before the door of the lecture hall. The bell would ring soon, and he would have his chance to speak with the child.

I wish Eiko was here. I was never good with kids- not to her or her sisters luck...

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:52 pm

To say that Yasu was happy to hear the bell and get out of class would be an understatement. She was so bored that day, and the fact that she'd eventually go home and have to see her teacher again because he was also her guardian didn't help her mood any. But after class she knew she'd have some free time. She practically ran out of the classroom, eager to get a good training area. But of course she wasn't quite paying attention and ran straight into someone in the hallway. It was like running into a brick wall, knocking her straight on her ass so that she was looking up at him. "Oh... I... I'm so sorry." she said, scrambling up to her feet as she tried to apologize to the man.

'I'd tell you not to speak to strangers but as always I assume you won't listen... just... something off about this one child.'

She almost rolled her eyes. Lately Konegu seemed more than a little agitated, and she couldn't help but to think it had something to do with how close she was getting with Ookuri.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 pm

The Raikage was looking up at the ceiling, trying to pass the time and keep his nerves cool. Despite having been a war hero and one of the strongest living shinobi on the planet, he could never help but feel a little flustered when speaking to children. At one time, he had been a natural at it... but as he aged and witnessed quite a few horrors, he felt the distance grow further. He could no longer think or related quite like a child did. That had become ever so apparent with his mishandling of his own children. Before he could finish collecting himself, he felt a very slight nudge, then heard something hit the ground. His eyes shot down to see Yasu, flat on her ass on the ground. It seemed she had collided with him and saved him the trouble of him having to seek her out.

He cleared his throat awkwardly as he tried to put on a fake voice, waving his hands.

"No- no it's okay! Actually, I was meaning to talk to you. Orders from the headmaster." Hayate said as he bowed to the child. He signaled for her to follow him. "If you don't mind, would you please come with me this way?" He only hoped he was stifling his mannerisms enough. Of course, he would eventually reveal who he was to the girl but he wanted to do it in a private place, free of eavesdropping or prying eyes.

"Oh, aren't I silly. Takahashi, at your service." he said remembering to introduce himself perhaps a minute too late. "I am the... advanced combat instructor."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Yasu managed to get to her feet and gave the man before her a worried look. 'Orders from the headmaster? Am I in trouble?' She took a deep breath and swallowed hard, nodding at the man. "Okay... um... is everything okay?" she asked, as she obediently followed the man. She made a quick glance around for her classmates, and even Ieyasu, but couldn't see any of them. 'I always have some kind of guard trailing out of sight right? Right?"

'Who knows? If you can't see them, neither can I. Just get away from the man, insist that someone go with you at least. Just because he says he is a teacher here doesn't mean he is. Have you even seen him before? Do you know this Takahashi? I don't.'

'It's fine, really it's fine. It has to be.'

'I hope my next host isn't so blindingly trusting and stupid...'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 am

Hayate was slightly surprised and taken a back at how easily the girl followed him without reservations. Granted he had declared himself as a teacher of the academy, it was quite the change in comparison to Sou and the other hosts and while it was a little worrying that his Jinchuuriki was so trusting, Hayate felt a sense of hope. Perhaps Banri hadn't reached this one yet... Besides, perhaps her gut intuition had guided her and if so it was right that he was no risk. Still, she did seem concerned as she asked if everything was okay.

"Nothing is wrong, Lord Raikage just wanted me to check in on you." he said in a cheerful tone.

Once the two were away from everyone else he would enter into a classroom, shutting the door behind them before sitting on a desk a cultural faupaux and certainly not befitting of an academy teacher, but something he did nonetheless. By now, he dropped the charades with his voice and perhaps the child would tell something was off.

"So, little one, how are things? How is Konegu, that grumpy bastard?" he chuckled. He was surprised Konegu did not feel him yet- the beast had great disdain for Hayate of the Auras, who he considered to be a fake version of himself.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:55 pm

As they walked along, Konegu was making his displeasure known. 'Too damn trusting! How am I supposed to protect us if you don't listen to me! This is worse than a host stifling me, child, you're ignoring me, and one day it could get you killed! How easy is a henge? You've never seen this man before! You don't know who he is!' His rant went on and on, and slowly Yasu's expression grew more and more uncomfortable as he ranted. She followed this man into the classroom, looking puzzled as he sat on the desk and his voice suddenly changed.

Yasu swallowed hard as he asked about Konegu and she took a couple steps back from him. "How do you...?"

'I knew it! Let me help you, I can help you.'

'Do you know who he is?'

'Never mind that-!'

Yasu swallowed hard, reaching up a hand to pinch the bridge of her nose with a small groan as the pain in her head from Konegu's ranting continued. "Who are you?"

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 am

The Raikage peered down at the girl. He had a hunch, of course that by cutting right the chase about Konegu, the girl would promptly respond in skepticism, and that did in fact happen. However, she also seemed to be in quite a bit of discomfort, her hand now pinching the bridge of her nose. Perhaps, it was time to end his rouse. Besides, the room felt safe to his chakra senses- an ability he often forgot he had. He put his hands together and released the transformation technique.

"9th Raikage, Nakajima Hayate" he said as the smoke engulfed him then soon after faded, revealing himself sans the Raikage uniform. His long white hair fell down on his face and while he was clearly the Raikage, it would cause him to seem a little more different- a little more laid back. It was probably strange for the child to see him looking like a normal jounin, though in her life time he was one. "I did not want to draw unneeded attention to you- school kids can be brutal and the last thing they need to think is your the Raikage's pet..." he said as he leaned back against the desk, locking eyes with the girl.

"So I apologize dearly for the deception, but hope you can understand. I think I will use Takahashi as my alter identity... and uh, maybe we can find some way for just you to confirm its me but uh..." he was starting to ramble awkwardly. A war-hero and legendary shinobi wasn't the best at being... normal... So he was just using the tools of war to try and do right by the child.

"Anyhow, it seems there is a lot to talk about and I want to check in on you and all..."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:55 am

As the Raikage revealed himself, Yasu simply stared at him in shock. For several moments she didn't even realize the genma was ranting and raving in her head. When she finally did realize it she couldn't help a grown. "He really doesn't like you, does he." she said quietly, swallowing hard and shaking her head to try and ignore the ravings of the lunatic in her head. Eventually he would begin to calm down, but that would take time. She sighed quietly and looked up at Hayate as she finally managed to process what he said and a frown crossed her face.

"...is this about my parents?" she asked quietly. Ieyasu had tried to make clear to the girl that her parents hadn't treated her well, that they had abused her, but she still had a hard time believing it. She knew she was happier living with Ieyasu, even if he was a bit of a cheapskate and insisted on keeping his one bedroom apartment and giving her the bedroom to take the couch, but regardless the girl did miss her parents. In an a moment of awkwardness her left hand came up and rubbed at her upper right arm and she looked down towards the ground a moment. "I don't mind that you used a transformation, Raikage-sama. It makes sense." she said awkwardly, not entirely sure what to say to the Raikage.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun May 03, 2020 4:59 am

"Uh, glad that's over then. You'll probably see Takahashi a lot in the future."

The Raikage shifted his position on the desk, leaning forward and a bit lower to try and get closer to Yasu's eye level. Jinchuuriki had always been an oddity to him- while due to lack of knowledge that they were jinchuuriki,. many unwittingly may have thought the hosts to be empty-minded, but Hayate knew that at every moment the host heard the voice of the spirit within them- interlocked in constant communication with no escape or privacy. No where to retreat to their own- at least until they had become near kage-level power and could surpresss the beast fully. He could not help but think that it was perhaps the hardest job in the village.

"To be clear, I did uh... I do know about that. I was briefed and I think staying with Ieyasu is fine- although if he is to be your guardian, he should also know he can easily get a grant from the government to get a slightly larger space... he has child now, legally..." he said with a grin. Ieyasu was such a cheap bastard, even still.

"I am curious how that is all going, but I also really wanted to make sure everything is alright, and wonder how things with Konegu are going... He is, perhaps the hardest Genma in all of this world to be host too. I do not think he is evil- his heart is good enough, but he can be hard... I was an acquaintance with the two-previous hosts- one of them more than that, probably a close friend." Hayate said with almost a wince.

Sou... if only I had protected you from Banri more...

"I was also wondering if anyone else from the village has ever spoken to you about... the Jinchuuriki yet. Bar myself, Ieyasu, or the headmaster." The Raikage tilted his head and paused.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 pm

"I honestly could probably help him find a new place too... if he'd let me. My parents still send a stipend, and an allowance for me, it's more than enough. But he keeps insisting I save every penny, even a fraction could pay for at least a two bedroom place..." She shook her head and sighed, remembering how much she and Ieyasu had argued over the subject. It had come to a point where she wondered if she could legally buy a place and simply move, telling him to decide if he was going with her or not. There was a temptation there to do so... if only to get him off his own couch. As Hayate spoke of being close to other hosts, the genma himself railed in her mind. Chewing on her lower lip her left hand shifted to rub at her right elbow nervously.

"He's protective of me." she said rather simply. "I know that much. He insists that Ieyasu will kill me one day... claims my friend Ookuri is dangerous. The only one he seems okay with is Jun but I think that's just because she sleeps alot so he doesn't see her as a threat..." she sighed quietly, though her face suddenly went pale as Hayate asked her a rather specific question.

Her gaze dropped to the ground as she remembered the man who had approached her, and the news he brought that had nearly broken her that day. It had led to an awkward conversation with Ookuri, and many nights of crying herself to sleep. "Yeah... he... he said his mother was a host. I swear I didn't tell him! He just seemed to know!" She suddenly realized she might be in trouble if Hayate suspected she had told some stranger who she was and what was within her. "He... he warned me. Said Konegu would always try to trick me... that I can't have kids..." The color quickly returned to her cheeks in a blush as her eyes dropped once more. She found herself taking a deep breath once more, steadying herself that she might not tear up in front of the Raikage himself.

'I will only ever protect you and yours, child. I have told you this. There is no need for extreme decisions.' The genma almost seemed to coo at her, a tone in his voice only making her angry in the back of her mind. 'This one will not tell you the truth either. Do not trust him. You know it is I who protects you. It is I who will keep you safe.'

Return to “The Academies”