[Kumogakure Academy] The Unruly Brat

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:31 am

Ninth Raikage, Lord Nakajima Hayate, inheritor of the Starforce, was a powerful man known throughout the world. From the tales of his deeds as a Jounin to his time in the war, to his "missing ninja years", many knew the tale of Nakajima Hayate. No matter how much fame or stardom he had the man still made time to frequently visit the academy. After all, his very first job after becoming a chuunin was to work at the academy. Today, he would leave his Raikage garb at home opting to wear the normal clothing a jounin would. His white top and bottom sat beneath is flack jacket, his hair pulled back neat tied behind his golden forehead protector.

Today he was visiting the academy because his daughter had told him about a punk. An ill-mannered, rather overly aggressive kid. But, this punk was using Jikiton... as a genin. Regardless of the kids immatureness or weakness, Hayate saw great potential in Genin's that could use abilities even he could not. His goal today was to find the genin and offer some guidance.

Arriving at the academy right before the final bell, the Raikage would lean against the gate and wait outside for the boy in question to arrive. He had heard on most days he was late.
Last edited by Taiga on Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:40 am

Holy shit. Every..*Huff* ...Damn..*huff*.. Day!

Shinochi bounded from roof to roof following the steep decline down to the academy. His newly tailored black and white kimono swayed in the breeze as he kept moving. Today was lecture day. Why the hell is it lecture day. Shinochis only redemption after realizing just how much Time he spent that morning trying to patch up his kimono thus causing him to run late, was that normally proctors or instructors would be going over the morning plan. Giving him just enough time after the bell to get into class.

Nearing the front gate Shinochi halted in place and took cover behind the corner previous..”Fuck there’s an instructor.. but why are they out here.. unless..oh man they’re definitely looking for me. No matter..”

Shinochi grabbed his Sword mace and flexed his Jikiton.
Jikiton Hover Grip: As Shinochi performed the proper hand seals he segmented the top 1.7 ft by 1ft section off the Sword mace and then sent it low and fast the opposite direction of the gate in an attempt to draw away the mysterious shinobis attention so he could sneak by before the bell. Judging by the sun Shinochi had to be mere seconds from being late for the 3rd time in a row. It’s not like he had family to be contacted or anything. It’s just the instructors have a knack for making a grueling boring lecture ten times worse whenever he came in late. “I am not spending the whole lecture in a one handed hand stand again..” he said as he jetted the opposite way and took a wide route around the building to try and hop the gate and head inside.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:42 am

JIKITON HOVER GRIP: C-Ranked Jikiton Jutsu
The user will first perform the necessary hand seals, before coating a metallic weapon in Jikiton chakra. This allows the user to manoeuvre the weapon through the air at their will at [Control] speed and strength so long as it remains within 25 metres of their person. This technique lasts for 3 posts.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:06 am

Hayate continued to lean against the gate, his eyes closed. As an inheritor of the Starforce he had been granted a superb amount of sensory- something that sometimes became a bit annoying. He could feel quite a bit around him- but outside the academy chakra sources were sparse, most people just being every day citizens. There were a few jounin guards further out but he could tell the difference between them and a genin. Today, the sensory would be quite useful since the person he had been waiting for had resorted to childish antics- as expected. Opening his eyes, from the side of them he saw everything as if it was in slow motion.

He watched the mace go flying to the side- no doubt a distraction to cause a commotion and let the boy slip on through. Biting his lip with a grin, in a fraction of a second the golden energy around Hayate would flash, the man side-stepping into the mace and grabbing it with both hands before it could do property damage to the academy.

Just as quickly he would hop, skip, and jump in front of the boy. While this kid was already a bit extra, he could not help but see a bit of himself in the kid. He was clever to use distractions. Probably would have worked on most of the instructors here- least the new ones.

"You seemed to have dropped this. By the way, you have a special lesson today, starting now, Shin-kun."

USEDShow
Starforce • Power Level
C-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling more chakra into his body to Hayate will extend the capabilities of Starforce's sensory to include the ability to compare the power level of each source of chakra within range. The power level of the individual is determined by the average of each person’s Chakra Pool, Control and Strength stats.

Starforce • Speed Radar
C-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling more chakra into his body to Hayate will extend the capabilities of his Starforce granted sensory to include the ability to find the speed of any moving thing within range. While generally just a "relative" read out, if he focuses on one single source he can ascertain the speed it is moving at with a deviation of ±2. This means if he feels something moving at around 20 speed, for him it is a vague range between 18 or 22.

Starforce • Clairvoyance
C-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling more chakra into his body to Hayate will extend the capabilities of his Starforce granted sensory to include the ability to give him a tingly sensation when ever anyone in a 30 meter radius begins building up chakra for a jutsu. This effect lasts for 6 posts.

Lightning’s Shadow • Watchful Eye
A-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 30 Tai, 35 Instinct
Possessing immense instinct and perception, Hayate is cognizant of even the most subtle details around him, to a point where he can even pick up on the slightest tension changes in an opponent’s body allowing him predict their movement before it is complete or even read what someone is writing by the way the top of their pencil moves. At times his eyes seem to move on their own will, rapidly tracking an amount of movements equal to his [Instinct]/3. A downfall to this technique however is that while his eyes may be aware of movement, his body is not always capable of knowing and keeping up.

Raiton • Veil of Electricity
B-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling throughout his body, Hayate will deliver an electrical charge into the Starforce chakra that surrounds him adding an additional layer of protection to it. This causes a 30cm cloak of golden electricity to form around him. Beyond gaining the passives of Raiton, this electricity is extremely volatile and burns through anything it touches with a strength equal to Hayate's [Control], even causing the moisture in the air or airbourne contaminants or particulates around him to vaporize on contact. This effect lasts for 6 posts.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:15 am

Shinochi was close. Just one more hop and he’d clear the fence and be scotch free. With a big devilish grin on his mug he planted his foot firm and right as he got to the point where he’d counter balance his weight for a full quick leap a figure appeared before him almost causing Shinochi to slam into him. The speed in which this instructor moved was incredible. Shinochi was almost immediately sure it was the same person at the gate but how did he grab the mace segment AND appear in front of him. The hairs all over Shinochis body were standing up. Something was off. The air felt so charged it was like breathing in pure electricity.

Holy shit dude what’s the big idea, I’ve gotta get to class and at any rate I heard there was a uhhh Purse snatcher about a block from here maybe you could...” Shinochi looked up mouth a gape and suddenly realized this wasn’t the average Jounin..

It was here Shinochi knew,, He fucked up.

Looking at the mace in The raikages hand and the look on his face.. Shinochi immediately bowed and mentally kicked himself “fuck of course it’s the Raikage OF COURSE ITS THE OLD MAN. Why today. What did I do now? Probably one of those slack fuck Jounin ratting me out. He’s probably here to take my fucking headband and make me wear it as a ball gag for the rest of the semester. “ Shinochi thought to himself before the mans powerful voice caught his attention. “Special lesson?” He thought to himself. Taking a step back he looked up at the Kage with a little bit of awe and a whole lot of attitude

Sorry pops, ya see the way my schedule works out, I kinda have to go wash my textbooks in the oven so I can make sure I pass this class. Basically anything other than whatever you’re about to do to me. If this is about that Kunoichi thing yesterday I’ll have you know I didn’t even hit her, I mean I definitely tried to but that’s besides the po—..OH MY GOD THATS YOUR DAUGHTER ISNT IT!?” Shinochi mentally kicks himself again before casually walking towards the gate whistling as if nothing happened at all. “Nothing to see here. Nothing to see here!” He thinks to himself.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:37 am

Hayate winced, taken a back by the sheer storm of words that came out the kids mouth. Mariya was right- this kids mind mouth moved every bit as fast as Hayate's body did. He stood there, his eyes coming to near slits as he watched the kid go on and on trying whatever he could to weasel his way out of the perceived trouble he was in, before taking off towards the classroom. Clearing his throat as the kid went off, he would stand there at the gate, a shocked look on his face. What... what had just happened?

When he recovered from his momentary shock he would step forward, catching up to the boy and coming from the side.

"You are not in trouble, Shin-kun. No one told me anything and I am not here to berate you, though I'd love to give you a thump on that noggin. Anyhow, far from it actually- I heard you are quite talented with our villages famed Jikiton" he said as he'd keep in line with the boy making his way into the academy. "On the other hand you are a sorry excuse for a ninja and be it slacking or who knows what, that potential you have there is not living up to what it could be."

Hayate would step in front of the boy, blocking him from proceeding and holding up a huge thumbs up.

"I've decided I will train you a little bit- unlock that potential and make you a hidden beast of this village." the Raikage said- the cheesiest grin and thumbs up the world had ever had.

"Lets us bask in the power of our youth!" he struck a pose and flexed his arm.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:47 am

oh my god who is this guy..

Shinochi tried everything in his body. With every bit of might in him he stifled back the chuckle that was trying so desperately to escape his lips. He really did make an attempt. Shinochi knew this man wasn’t to be trifled with, if you could even call him a man. This monster was so fast it couldn’t be human. Shinochi still couldn’t help it. He was processing the Kages words thoroughly. The idea was appealing to say the least but he was already “The black stain” of the academy. Hearing the mans words on how he had so much potential almost made him feel good until the old bastard said he was a poor excuse for a ninja.

Before he could even get any witty retort out he watched, Jaw agape, as the Kage struck a pose and gave one of the most animated smiles he’d ever seen. Shinochi couldn’t do it anymore. He burst out in a fit of laughter absolutely coming close to pissing himself.

Holy fuck pops that’s RICH, please god tell me that’s just like your thing. I swear if I have to do THAT I don’t think I can train with you.

As quick as the laughs came they faded. This was an immensely rare opportunity. What was it that people kept saying about his Jikiton? Was it really that rare? Shinochi didn’t care. It was a gift and a curse and his family resented him deeper and deeper the more it grew. Shinochi immediately and only momentarily, almost completely unnoticeable, anger flashed across his face at the remembrance of his family..

Okay, other than that power of youth shit fine. Looks like I don’t have any real choice anyway, so what would you have me do next, Kage-Senpai“ (I have no idea if I said that right.)

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:13 am

Hayate held his pose- his eyes widening and shrinking like the aperture of a camera, his left eye twitching in what was most likely meant to be some kind of wink as he scanned the boy up and down waiting for his response. When the silence broke, the boy had nothing but laughter and a dirty mouth. With pouty lips and looking like a dagger had just been plunged through his heart, Hayate broke his pose and looked at the boy. To the boy, he wouldn't see any movement at all, but he would feel the sing of a smack on the side of his ear, then see Hayate standing with his arms crossed, slightly angry.

"Before you can even aspire to become a powerful shinobi you have a lot to learn." he said as once more- in a split second the boy would feel a sting on his other ear- Hayate slapping it again."[/b]

"Lesson 1.) Respect your elders. Don't soil the atmosphere with such fowl words boy." he said as he locked his eyes on Shins. This kid was gunna take a lot of work to whip into shape. He stepped forward to the boy, his figure menacing as it towered above him. "Lesson 2.) Every action illicit a reaction, and every failure will be felt for an eternity." he said as he held a finger tip the boy, poking him in the chest and giving a very small zap. It would numb his body ever so slightly.

"I'll mold you into a man who can not just swing that mace, but a man who can make mountains disappear when he does so, but you'll play by my rules." the Raikage said turning and walking back towards the gate.

"In roughly... now. You'll feel your body go a little numb making moving a bit harder. That's fantastic, because while you are numbed you will strap that oversized scrap you call a weapon to your back and you will run towards the Raikage tower with me."

Like a flip had been switched, Hayate meant business and was now completely serious.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 am

Shinochi could’ve sworn for the slightest moment the Raikage must’ve.. winked at him? No, no way. No ones that lame. Before he could finish his thought process suddenly he felt a ring in his ear as if someone just popped a paper bomb off in close proximity. Shin couldn’t see any movement so he just stood there feeling the sting across his face in complete confusion.

Returning his focus to the great Kage before him, Shins Ears perked up. “ What do you mean foul language? I’ll have you know nothing foul escapes fu—

Before Shin could finish interrupting the Kage he felt that same peculiar POP and sting on the other side of his face and with that he let out a “ Yow.. what the ffffmmmm ” he says catching himself realizing the stinging feeling was most likely the Raikage slapping the ever loving fuck out of him for the very thing he was just about to say. “God dammit this guy is fast.. unless I’m just imagining this pain.. “ shin thought to himself genuinely confused.

As the Raikage continued to speak Shin felt a sudden zap and his body was suddenly electrified. Shin felt his body growing heavy, like unnaturally heavy and before he could let out a very stupid “wtf” the Raikage explained exactly what just happened. Letting out a deep grown he slung his 27.9ib Sword Mace into the holster on the small of his back.

Mountains huh? I like the sound of that..ugh.. Sir” he said grimacing at the last word as he felt the full numbness take over.
He was not fucking around. Shins body grew extremely heavy and suddenly the weight on his back felt immense. Letting out a few deep breaths and staring off towards the Kages tower shin let out an exasperated

“Oh come the fuck on!” As he noticed just how far of a run that would be. Shin tried taking a step forward but it felt like his feet were bricks. “ How long is this going to last?” he asked looking genuinely appalled as his words began to slur slightly from the numbness in his face. Shin decided it was best to just act instead of bitch on any further. Struggling to raise a hand Shin activated his Jikiton Stasis sling and slightly pressed his hand against the Sword mace on his back. As soon as he made contact the Mace began hovering slightly in its holster. The weight was at least alleviated for now but just how long he could hold this in this state was a major unknown. Before the Kage could chastise him further or make him deactivate his jutsu Shin turned and began running at a Jogging pace the best he could towards the tower in hopes he could just cheese his way through the situation and be home in time for lunch

“Look at the bright side, maybe I won’t have to attend afternoon class” shin thought optimistically as he took off at not at all high speed.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:25 am

It had barely even been a couple minutes and already the boy was beginning to let obscenities slip his mouth yet again. No sooner than his lips formed fu- would he feel yet another sting on his ear. Hayate had his work cut out for him, but he was going to turn this child into not just a good soldier, but a respectable citizen all in the lightning country could look up too. Letting out a faint sigh, finally the pair began their "run". Walk was more like it. Hayate could practically read a book and he would the whole time they walked as he pulled a "makeout paradise" light novel from his back pocket. Every now and then he would look out at the kid.

After a while he had used Jikiton to lessen some of the weight of his mace- despite being a bit thick headed it was clear to Hayate the kid was clever... He just needed more refining. Hayate would let him keep on walking and walking- or maybe he could call it a slight jog. Up hills and across bridges. If this kid thought getting out of class was easy, he'd learn he was wrong.

"So, Shin-kun. What's your nindo?" he asked, flipping the page of his book as the pair now made way to a long staircase that would lead to rope bridge- and the home stretch to the Raikage's tower.

"Why are you event a ninja?" he asked incredulously.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Sweat dropped down Shinochis back as he rounded towards a large staircase. The run hasn’t been as awful as he anticipated so far. His biggest worry has been whether the Raikage cared about him using his Ninjutsu to lesson his burden a little. Shin made his way up each step gradually and after the first 3 steps he let his Jikiton hold release and felt the full bearing of the Mace in his back once more. “What does it mean to be a ninja..” he thought to himself momentarily as he climbed and climbed. Looking over his shoulder he answered meticulously and with cool fixed eyes.

My nindo is: What would you like me to do next? I’m a shinobi, at the end of the day I am a beacon of hope and strength in this village. My priority is to follow all orders given no matter the circumstance. If my body can fight then my body’ should be on the battle field ” Shin said as he went from slightly jogging to now bounding up the steps. Even with the full weight of the mace.

The next question was the one who caught him off guard. Shinochi didn’t know if replying with the truth was the way to go. As he passed an elderly couple heading down the stairs it hit him.
I..I have someone I need to kill.. sir

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 am

Hayate was surprised that when they reached the steps, the boy let go of his Jikiton technique and opted to carry the hammer in full. Why would he choose to make things harder on himself? By everything he had see this boy was a slacker with a bad attitude... perhaps he was tiring out and maintaining it was too much, or perhaps he just had already begun to have a change of heart. Regardless as the pair approached the steps and began their ascent Hayate followed behind the boy slowly.

Giving minimal attention to the boy he read his book- every while or so leaping up a few steps to stay behind Shinochi. He was surprised to hear the truth and why the boy had become a shinobi- his nindo. But, he was also disappointed. He appeared to want to kill someone. This kind of thing was rooted in only one desire.

Revenge.

"Following all orders seems against your track record at the academy." Hayate said with a slight grin as he watched the boy go around an elderly couple and continue ascending the steps. Hayate stroked his chin gently. Revenge was a bitter bitch that plagued many a shinobi and in the end it usually did nothing but bring them to an early death.

"And who exactly is a genin obsessed about killing?" Hayate asked, his eyes tightening to slits. He had chosen not to read the boys files however that perhaps had been a mistake.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:44 am

Shinochi breached past the last step and immediately leaned forward throwing his hands onto his knees. Drenched in sweat Shin looked back at the Raikage with a slight grin. His blue eyes contrasting his stark black hair, the tips of his ends all dark green.
Shinochi stopped for a moment and looked back at the Kage.

Well if I’m being completely honest sir it’s supposed to be you;” Shinochi let out with a snide grin. The sun beating down and the growing fatigue he was experiencing served only to focus his thoughts. “I come from a family of monsters Honorable Kage, without going into too many details on my child hood I’ll just say these burns aren’t accidental. My family from The caves in the mountains, mineral miners. I was told to either kill you or return and kill them. I don’t know why they want you dead but I mean as a Kage I feel like that’s pretty normal. Needless to say” Shinochi let out a slight *Humph* “ The reason my nindo is to do whatever I’m told next is because it’s what I’ve been doing my life. I’ve never controlled a single facet of my life and here I am doing a handicap run with the Raikage and I’m already spilling some tragic back story and god DAMMIT who’s playing that flute!

Shinochi says over the classic sadness and sorrow theme.

Shinochi hopes the Raikage would drop the subject and get back to training him and he couldn’t believe he was saying it. Yeah he was a slacker but that’s only because the instructors were push overs. Not a single one seemed like they’d venture into the jaws of death. “Yah well. Some people aren’t worth following “

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Hayate was surprised the boy had made it this far. He had to hand it to him, he had a lot more guts than he ever thought. Generally loud types were a lot of bullshit, lot a wind, not much guts to back it up but here this guy was. Drenched in sweat and at the top of the hill, the boy finally responded, but with a complete joke. Hayate decided to humor it and chuckled, slapping the boy on the back.

Whoever the boy really hated it wasn't worth pressing for now. Students- and kids were like piggy banks. You could only really take out what you put in and well, he doubted he had built enough trust with the boy yet.

"You've got a long way to killing me son." There was likely a grain of seriousness in the boys voice though. The truth of the matter was after the civil war a lot of his own countrymen wanted him dead, especially those on the losing side. "True enough. I don't mind people who beat their own drum as long as they know to fall in line when time time is right..." the Raikage said as he turned to face the sun rising up above them- it was now midday.

"Take a look at that sun boy. It's the energy of the gods itself anointing the village. This village is mine. It's yours. It's ours. Every ounce of strength you get you will someday put on the line for this."

He grinned.

"So then, are you ready for the next training task?"

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Shin got to the bridge and threw his hands over his head. The sun beat down on his forehead making him make himself regret immediately keeping the headband around his neck. Something felt weird. How after all this time was he being even remotely recognized by the Raikage of all people. Hearing his words he let out a sigh and looked the Raikage right in his eyes.

With all do respect, what do you want with me?

Shinochi said he’s he slid the mace off his back and slammed it down head first into the ground. He leaned on it and let out a breath as he readied himself mentally for the next section. All those words were great but Shin was as attached to the village as much as he’s attached to a tick. What was there to really feel. His whole life so far has been ostracization and horseshit anyway.

screw it. What’s next?

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:21 am

The boy wasted very little time before asking for the next task. His impatience and lack of understanding of the spiritual side of being a shinobi showing as he completely ignored what Hayate had tried to grow. Hayate could only assume from what the boy had said and the scars on his body that something was haunting him and that something was also causing a great divide deep in his heart. But what could he do? How could he help? It was a masters job to tend to the hearts of their students.

"Pushups- with that thing on your back." Hayate barked at the boys comment about "screw it", and "whats next".

When the boy would beginning working out and training his body Hayate would use it as a chance to slip in conversation about his life and find out more. The physical stress of the workout would also likely make his tongue run looser, as he would focus on the physicality of it and not so much his tongue.

"We will sculpt your body and your mind."

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 pm

Shin felt as if he wasn’t handling this situation too well. It’s not often anyone ever took the time out to speak to the boy. Let alone randomly being abducted by the Raikage Honorable Hayate of the Fucking push up brigade (😂). So needless to say everything from his body language to his tone was giving off a sort of, belligerence he couldn’t control. Nose diving onto his hands Shin Began to ferociously persue his new objective.

Why....Are...You...So...Interested..

Shin spat out in between push ups. His question fell on deaf ears the first time. The weight of the mace in his back added more resistance but this was the type of training he conducted on his own often enough. “No really sir, if you knew what I came from you wouldn’t waste your time on some Cave Hick like myself. Everyone calls me it. The whole academy found out within days of me enrolling. “The black stain” whatever.

Shinochis arms grew heavy but even as the soreness began to grow he pressed harder.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm

Hayate watched the boys emotions flow off of him. He was being weighed down by so much. Mariya had told him about how rude the boys he met was and while most would ignore him- Hayate recognized that beneath every problem child was an actual problem. In this case, he had assumed years of bullying and more had contributed to the hardened and difficult personality Shinochi had come to possess. Likewise, he had heard the boy was perhaps being abused at home and had a plethora of unusual scars. It seemed his family was against the idea of chakra or shinobi. Still, most of that was heresy and the Raikage had come here to confirm it all with his own ears.

“ Why....Are...You...So...Interested..”

The boy's words between his pushups stuck with Hayate. It looped through his head continuously. Walking over Hayate put his foot towards the small of the boys back, gently, above the mace and pushing down a little. "Fix your posture while you do these- do it to fail." he said, stepping back once more and then scratching his chin.

"Believe it or not, I was a kid no one liked. Teachers wouldn't talk to me, most the village hated me. I was nearly kicked out of the academy." Hayate said as he reminisced his time. "I was a good kid- a real boy scout but my family..." Hayate paused looking at his hand. "You're maybe too young, but the Nakajima Revolt over two decades ago... my father, uncle, and quite a few others they had gotten under their cause attempted a coup on the Raikage... They failed. My father and most of my family, and our friends, were executed. A few others including my mother who were uninvolved were allowed to live but." Hayate frowned.

"My entire life I fought against a stupid stigma that I was a usurper. Even after Akino died and passed me Starforce, and I defeated the demon attacking our village and saved everyone people like Banri still saw me as a Nakajima, not Hayate. Even as I went to the Daimyo as the candidate for Raikage, a hero of the cloud, the feudal lords accused me of all sorts and insulted me, even drawing arms against me."

He crossed his arms.

"It doesn't matter what the fucking idiots think around you; all that matters is what you do.. Some will recognize who you really are, I promise." Hayate said, his eyes fiery with passion.

"Besides, black stain sounds like what happens after you get food poisoning from some bad curry. Speaking of which, I suppose I just broke my own rule, so how bout I buy your lunch?"

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:24 am

Shinochi let out soft growns. He lost count after 250 but he wasn’t out of steam just yet. Shinochi listened intently to the Raikage. The words coming out of his mouth were moving, they felt honest, Shin was honestly surprised at how much the Raikage empathized instead of scrutinized. To think so much had happened previously. Shin understood he wasn’t the worst off in the world but at least he didn’t have to watch people he loved and cared about be executed.

How do you do it? How do you stand by all of this hate and bloodshed and still protect this hunk of rocks? You’ve been through so much sir. I don’t know if it’s my maturity or lack thereof speaking but if I had the choice between watching the ones I hate burn or saving them.. I don’t know what I’d do

Shinochi collapsed gripping his hands into the dirt and balling a fist. His chest felt heavy, as if 1000 more pounds were building up on it. He looked up to the Raikage with watery misty eyes. Vision slightly skewed.

Sooo can I say fuck when you say it then? Sir I know it’s not my place but.. can you train me, personally. I don’t have anywhere to go or anything to lose but I feel like if I’m taking orders from you I’ll find my purpose eventually. Even if I don’t I can die knowing I wasn’t a complete waste of space.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 am

Hayate looked at the boy before him. He was exhausted from the workout he had done so far and it was already about lunch time.

"You don't get to cuss in front of your elders, not yet at least boy." he said with a grin as he offered a hand to pull the boy up. It seemed his story had perhaps helped humanize him or at least illicit something in the boy. His tune was beginning to change. Next came the question of whether or not Hayate would oversee the boys training. Though in truth he was genin much like many others- Hayate was worried about him more than the others. Children with decent potential but unchecked emotional trauma often became... well. Monsters.

Despite his ever-growing list of responsibilities, at least till the boy became a Chuunin he would try his best to help him.

"I will help. I cannot always be here to train you. I am the Raikage after all and with that title comes great deal of responsibility." With that and a friendly slap on the back, Hayate would take his new student off to a dumpling place close to the Raikage's tower for lunch, and that would be the start of their adventures as LIghtning's Shadow and the Unruly Brat.

Return to “The Academies”