La Niña Engañoso

Golnax

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Golnax » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:50 am

phpBB [video] Shiun Kinoko had an idea.

She pressed her back to the wall of the academy building and clasp her hands together into a string of seals, some of which were entirely unique, and targeting one of the children who were just around the corner playing in the open court yard of the Kumogakure ninja academy. Her hands came together for the final seal and she pushed off of the wall and poked her head around to watch them playing. She was trying to be sneaky but, frankly, with the giant purple mushroom growing out of the top of her head it was more or less impossible for her to be stealthy - at least visually. She remained hidden only so long as her luck held and one of the scamps didn't notice her looking at them.

But you see - Shiun had an idea. An awful, wonderful idea! Something that she'd been marinating on for a while now but her trip here to Kumogakure, and in particular that incursion to the Raikage's office with Akihiko, had given her a bit of inspiration. That whole trip had set something in motion in her young mind and now she just had to test it and see if it worked! Shiun was good at one ninja art in particular, you see; genjutsu, and the one thing that had always frustrated her about genjutsu was that it needed to act upon a physical sensation of some kind - sight, touch, sound, taste, smell; the primary senses - in order to activate. She wouldn't call it ambition but she had always wondered why that was the case. Why couldn't a genjutsu be triggered by just a thought? And for some reason, during her wild little adventure with her friends not that long ago, something had fallen into place in her mind. An ephiphany! And she believed she knew how to do it... at least she had an idea of how to, anyways.

And now she was putting that idea into motion, and what better way to test it out then with a genjutsu that would cause no harm whatsoever to the kids who she was unwittingly testing it on. They were younger than she was after all, more carefree and with more time on their hands for playing games. They weren't yet employees of their village, no. They were students! And students could use one thing in abundance; inspiration! That's what her genjutsu was trying to accomplish; she wanted to inspire the kid she'd targeted, a little brunette boy who was probably around 8 or so if she had to guess! All he had to do was think of something inspiring, and if her mental machinations were correct, he'd be filled with ideas for games and such that he could play with his friends! So She stood there, hiding terribly, watching. Waiting... And waiting... and waiting some more... and...

Hm. It didn't seem to be working. Well, why not!?

Jutsu TrainedShow
Inspire
B-Rank Concept Genjutsu
The user performs the handseals and targets an individual that is within the user's Control in meters away from them, implanting them with the concept of 'inspiration'. To trigger this genjutsu, the user must make the target conceptualize 'inspiration'. Once the target has thought of the concept of inspiration the genjutsu triggers, flooding the target's mind with new ideas. These ideas flash into their mind as an epiphany, as sudden and striking as a bolt of lightning, forcibly stopping all thought processes that the target may have been experiencing and overwhelming them with these new, creative ideas. The sensation of these new ideas is euphoric, encapsulating the target in the wonderous feeling of a new idea. This first idea is quickly followed by another, and then another and another, gradually growing more rapid, more loud, more prominent within the mind of the target until it becomes overwhelming and otherwise impossible to think coherently or act upon the thoughts which they might have otherwise ordinarily had. After 4 posts the ideas cease to come, leaving the target with a profound mental stillness that physically feels smothering, as though a vacuum were in their mind that removes all thought in it's entirety. This genjutsu lasts for 5 posts.
492/1000

Trusted Grader

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:55 am

Hotaru had been tailing the little mushroom ever since she had been granted entrance into the village, she had been told that they were an exchange student from Heart and would come to this country to train, which she found rather interesting and amusing as it meant that she had now been given the opportunity to learn something from that village by one of their very own.

From what she remembered the village used to train Samurai, so what did this young kid know about ninja arts? Especially Genjutsu? Fascinating to say the least, what did she truly know about Heart? Fuhen was a great warrior that seemingly just disappeared and they recently attempted to invade Water Country, which caused a bit of a ruckus as the Raikage wasn't home to deal with that issue, her heart almost leaped out of her body when she heard it as she was afraid that they would be dragged into a war, one they surely weren't prepared for, considering that they could barely assist in Wind Country.

Hotaru sighed, to think that she was sent to deal with babysitting duty, this wasn't really her jam but she knew that she could always make the best out of any situation. Thinking back to her own training, she recalled when she last trained genjutsu, she was in her underground black ops bunker, training with one of her fellow agents, she had trained in the art of fooling her compadre that a simple senbon worked as an explosive, in other words when she had tossed the senbon at the target and they inevitably block it then an explosion would occur at upon contact, this of course was just a distraction genjutsu.

The concept is rather simple, form a set of hand seals, channel chakra into the senbon or kunai, toss it towards the enemy and if they see it then the genjutsu will trigger. The explosion will occur when it's near them, in other words, either if they block it or dodge it, it's only when they clear the blast zone that they will realize that they'll realize that they have been bamboozled. Hotaru chuckled, for she knew that the jutsu worked when the man reacted to it.

Meant to spook her enemies and make them stop and think for a brief second because that second could mean life and death in a do-or-die situation, which ironically, she always seemed to find herself in. Next, she would focus on making her enemies forget that she was even there, it was a simple technique that required her to make sure that she disappeared from their vision, or else it wouldn't work, but once the jutsu was activated then they'd forget that they even entangled with the woman.

The idea is rather simple, create a noise, say a snap or whistle, catch them in a genjutsu and if they hear it then once I am gone from their vision, all traces of their memory of me will vanish for as long as the genjutsu is active. The purpose of this jutsu is to allow myself to reposition, counter-strike, or run away. Though I am certain that due to this only being a genjutsu I can't make them fully forget my existence, but that's okay, I think I can manage anyway. In a combat scenario, well, as long as I don't attack I should be good, but it could give me the chance to prepare for another attack. Maybe even another genjutsu?

Hotaru chuckled, she prepared the jutsu, formed the needed hand seals, channeled the proper chakra then lifted her hand and snapped, causing the sound to reverberate through the bunker, capturing her partner's attention and catching him within her genjutsu. Once the snap had been heard, she would toss a smoke bomb on the ground and then put on her cloak of invisibility, before sneaking out of his view. She watched how the agent looked around in shock before scratching the back of his head, he seemed far more perplexed over where the smoke had come from rather than the fact that he had no recollection of staring into Hotaru's eyes a mere second ago.

She waited a brief second before canceling the genjutsu in order to see if the effect worked, to her surprise the agent told her that he had briefly forgotten that she was there and that it had worked as she had planned. A fact that got her smiling.

The spy stopped reminiscing about the past for now and crept out of the shadow, removed her cloak and seemingly just appeared behind Shiun. "And what do you think you are doing?" Hotaru was disguised as an academy teacher as S.T.R.A.T.O.S "technically" didn't exist, so instead of being dressed as a random Jounin, she chose teacher, seeing as it was more appropriate.

Hotaru knew exactly what she was doing, but she had to pretend like she didn't in order to allow Shiun to properly explain herself and even introduce herself to the teacher, if needed Hotaru would pretend to be a teacher assigned to help her with whatever training she needed, while in reality she was inspecting the kid and working her way to slowly gather as much information as she could. How often did one get to meet someone with a mushroom head, right?

890 / 800

90 words surplus for next gen techs.

D-400, C-400.

Trained Jutsu

Made you look.
D-Rank Illusion Genjutsu
Prereq: Sight Init.
After forming a set of hand seals, Hotaru will grab a projectile and then toss it towards the target, if the target sees this then the genjutsu will initiate, once the projectile gets close to the target it will explode and send a shockwave, this doesn't hurt but rather meant to distract the target. Lasts for one post.

Who was that again?
C-Rank Warp Genjutsu
Prereq: Sound Init.
After forming a set of hand seals, then Hotaru will snap her fingers, anyone hearing the snap will be caught within her genjutsu, once the genjutsu has been triggered and she removes herself from their field of view they instantly forget that Hotaru was even there, until the genjutsu ends, lasts for 3 posts.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Golnax

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Golnax » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:45 am

Shiun nearly jumped out of her skin and let out a shrill yelp as the older woman suddenly appeared behind her and questioned her! Far from being used to an actual ninja doing actual ninja things, she'd been under the impression that she was being quite sneaky and had managed to evade the attention of both student and ninja alike to get into the academy and test out her little idea! That was kids for you though - always believing they knew more than they did. Slowly she turned her head around and looked up at the teacher-looking-woman, the dark skinned samurai letting out a nervous little chuckle and letting go of her grip on the wall corner to stand up straight while looking at the proctor.

"Eh, hehehe... uh, me? Well, I was, uh... That is, I was... Uuuuh..." she stammered, pressing her fingers together and nervously pursing her lips as she squirmed on the spot. She was caught! No denying it! She had no idea how ninjas disciplined one another but samurai proctors usually had you doing some kind of physical deed or labor for misdeeds. What was a ninja teacher going to do? Turn her in to the older samurai who were chaperoning her and the other Pilot Program members!? That would be horrible!

She decided quickly to just fess up. She let out a sigh, hung her head and folding her hands in front of her. "I was trying to practice a genjutsu idea I had... B-but it's not like, bad or anything!" she said, snapping her head up and looking at the teacher with a cross between a nervous expression and determination on her face. She half turned and looked back out at the playing children, squinting her eyes she studied them and explained herself further. "It's this genjutsu I've been trying to work on for a while now. It's supposed to give you new ideas, you know? Like, inspiration! I figured I could try casting it on some kids and they'd make up new games or something! But nothing's happening... maybe I screwed it up..."

She trailed off, puffing out her cheeks and furrowing her brow. Her dead eyes fixated on the kids again as she racked her brain for a reason as to why her jutsu hadn't gone off without a hitch. All they had to do was think! Everyone thought thoughts, right? It was an automatic thing! The longer she looked at them and the longer nothing happened, the more she grew impatient and frustrated with herself!

Snapping back around to face the teacher, she bowed forward deeply at the waist and said, "Please excuse me, I know I'm probably in trouble... but I gotta figure out why this didn't work!" She snapped back up again and turned and jogged out around the corner towards the kids, her running towards them getting their attention emphatically. They stopped their game as she approached, all looking at her.

"What do you want, lady?" one of the boys said, and this immediately offended Shiun who let out a little gasp!

"Ugh! Lady!? I'm eleven! I'm a kid, same as you!" she scolded, cheeks puffed up. She closed her eyes, shook her head and raised her hands up. "Not important right now. You! Kid! Had any good ideas lately?" she asked, pointing to the kiddo that she'd targeted with her genjutsu.

"Ideas...?" the kid parroted back.

"Yeah, you know, ideas, like for new games and stuff! Like, right now. Within the past couple of minutes. Have you had any new ideas? Any, say, inspiration?" she inquired, rolling her wrist around in front of her, trying to get the ball rolling in the kid's mind.

"New games?"
"What's she talking about?"
"I don't know."

"Inspiration...?" the kid questioned, tilting his head.

"Yeah, yeah, like that sudden flash when you get an idea in your head! You should have been having some by now, so what gives? Are you just devoid of inspiration, kid!?" she asked, cheeks puffing out.

"You're weird, lady. Why would I have any inspira..."

He trailed off, eyes going wide and mouth dropping open. He turned to his friends, saying, "Oh, actually I did just get an idea. What if we tried to balance our kunai on top of each other in a tall tower?" he suggested, making Shiun's face beam with excitement! Did it work? Was it working!?

The other kids were still mulling over the kunai tower idea when the kid continued. "Or what if we took turns seeing who can cast a ninjutsu the furthest?"

A grin was breaking out on Shiun's face from ear to ear! Yes! This was it! Her genjutsu was working! She'd helped give this kid new ideas for games to play after all! Excitedly, she turned her back on the group of kids and pulled her hands up into fists in front of her, her smile wide and bright! But... why had it taken so long to happen? What was with the delay? These were questions she was having in her own mind and for a few precious seconds, she had tuned out the kids behind her...

"Are you okay?"
"What's wrong?"
"Slow down! You're saying too much!"

"Hm?" Shiun asked, turning back around and seeing that the boy she'd caught in her genjutsu had a concerned expression on his face and his mouth was starting to move faster and faster as things came spouting out of it: "A game where we exchange the shoes on our left feet with each other, trying to see who can run up a wall the fastest, I don't... I don't know what's - Seeing who can eat the most bread before throwing up! Guessing what our third favorite color is! Catching fish with our toes! Taddling on each other with lies to our parents!"

"Woah, hey are you al...?" Shiun began to ask but the boy doubled over, putting his hands up to his head as he cried out as if in pain! "Ah! They're coming too quickly! I can't think properly! What is going on!?" And then he was back to rambling, falling down on his knees while the other kids backed up.

"Oh... oh, oh no, oh no! That wasn't supposed to happen! This isn't what I thought it would do!" she said, starting to fly into a bit of a panic as the unexpected reared it's ugly head! What was she supposed to do to end her own genjutsu!?

1584/1000

Trusted Grader

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:53 pm

Hotaru couldn't believe her eyes, she looked at the brown girl before her and let out a visible sigh, this was because she needed to pretend to be a teacher who was disappointed while the real spy was still rather intrigued, especially about her physical appearance, though if the kid was smart then in the future, they would try to mask it via ninjutsu or something, matter of fact, Nah, maybe they like their appearance, though she does stick out like a sore thumb... strange. Hotaru wasn't one to ever stick out unless the character demanded it.

Instead, she focused on the genjutsu that the kid was training, she looked over at the kids playing as Shiun explained her plan, once the mushroom head peered at the kids, she would smirk but kept a serious tone as if she disapproved. "You should never cast genjutsu on unsuspecting people, don't you know that you can ruin their..." The teacher stopped speaking as she noticed that the kids were now getting intrigued.

Let's see if you are able to pull it off, by the sounds of it you are using some sort of different trigger... They didn't look at her, nor did she seem to create any specific noise... Strange. Hotaru walked up to Shiun and listened to her speak to the kid, she could sense that something was up with the boy, that his chakra had been slightly altered but she couldn't tell what, but once she started dropping hints the spy would start to piece things together, although it was too early to put a stamp on it, she would need a bit more time to figure it out.

Hotaru watched as the boy started to panic over the fact that he over over-inspired, his mouth moved faster than his mind or was it vice versa? No matter, the panic on Shiun's demeanor told her that the teacher needed to step in, so she formed the Kai seal and touched the pour kid, but before anyone was the wiser she would form a set of hand seals and then toss a smoke bomb, casting a genjutsu that would make them forget about the teacher and Shuin for as long as the genjutsu was active, before grabbing Shiun, she sprinted in lightning speed, making it appear as if they were teleporting in her eyes, before she finally stopped on the training field, here at least she would be able to train her genjutsu on consenting people and not just on anyone.

"At least here you can train on people who know and agree to it, don't do that to another person again unless you want to ruin their reputation." Hotaru "scolded" her but at the same time patted her shoulder, as she didn't dare to touch the mushroom yet. "Now, try another genjutsu on that kid." Hotaru snapped her fingers and one of her agents ran up and bowed, he introduced himself as "Maho, Yahiko" and then took a battle stance.

500/480

90 + 20 = 110 for the next training.

Jutsu trained.

I must be seeing things?
B-Rank Warp Genjutsu
Prereq: Sight Init, Smoke bomb.
After forming a set of hand seals, Hotaru toss a smoke bomb. If the target sees this then the smoke then the genjutsu will be triggered, once she removes herself from their field of view they instantly forget that Hotaru even being there and as long as she doesnt attempt to attack they won't recall her, until the genjutsu ends, lasts for 4 posts.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Golnax

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Golnax » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:46 pm

Adults, to the rescue! The older lady from just a little bit ago appeared on the scene, performed a kai, and freed the boy from the genjutsu that Shiun had put him under. Oh yeah, Kaiing. That's what you're supposed to do to end a genjutsu. In her panic, Shiun had forgotten! She didn't get much of a chance to say thanks, though, as the purple-topped Kinoko was whisked away in the blink of an eye and a moment later they were somewhere else. "Bwah...?" she said, looking around at her new surroundings in confusion. Were they still at the academy? Where had the kids gone?

She looked up to the older woman as she scolded her, the Kinoko puffing up her cheeks and pushing the tips of her index fingers together. "Sorry..." she grumbled. "I dunno why it went like that. He should have only gotten one idea, and..."

She trailed off as the older lady, a kunoichi she suspected, told her to try again but one someone else who randomly appeared out of nowhere. "Hawh?" he mouthed, confused as she looked over at Yahiko and then back to the kunoichi. "I'm not in trouble? And... I mean like, did you want me to do the same genjutsu again or...? 'Cause something's wrong with it!" she said, holding her fist up and pointing at it.

"It was only supposed to give that kid a single new idea. Or I guess, like, give him just... generic inspiration. That feeling you get when your brain goes 'POP!' with a new idea, you know?" she clarified, opening up her fist at the word to try and visually demonstrate the feeling of suddenly getting a new idea. "And besides..." She cut herself off, putting her hands behind her back and kicking at the ground sheepishly. "It's something new I'm working on. I haven't figured it all out just yet, and I don't want just anyone seeing it..."

Shiun pouted her lips, turning her head away from the two ninja as she scuffed her sandals some more. "Don't even know how to do it properly yet... like..." She paused again, looking back at Yahiko. I mean... she had been told to put that kid under a genjutsu. He was a free and willing test subject... presumably. That Yahiko was another ninja acting under orders from the kunoichi beside her, right? If she thought about it for too long Shiun would fry her brain, so instead she threw caution to the wind with very little thinking and instead brought her hands together. She threw together a long, slow string of seals, each one deliberately and meticulously chosen as she molded her chakra. Then she stopped.

This was a rare opportunity for her, actually, now that she stopped and thought about it. These were a couple of real, proper, actual, career ninja she was in the presence of! They DEFINITELY had more genjutsu knowledge and know-how than she did! So between the two of them they could undo whatever genjutsu she did, right? So then, rather than repeating what she'd done earlier, which she now knew would work even if it didn't work quite as intended, and she didn't know why that was just yet, but it did work. That meant that the proof was positive! The concept was solid! And so THAT meant... she could try and be a little bold! To do something big and flashy! A really powerful genjutsu that she invented in the presence of those who could correct any errors she made! It was basically completely safe!

"Uuuuuuuuuuuh... Gimme a minute!" she said, pulling her hands apart and taking a few steps away, one hand cupping her chin while the other cupped her elbow. She hummed to herself, thinking, tapping her foot. What kind of genjutsu could she put that Yahiko guy under... what could she make him think about... Gah! So many choices! So many possibilities! So many -

Inspiration struck. Actual, proper, inspiration. She perked up, standing straight and looking back at Yahiko. Boldly the young samurai pointed at him, declaring, "Stand right there!" before bringing her hands back together and repeating her long string of seals, the sequence changing about halfway through. There were handsigns that neither of them would have seen before, and it sure was a long sequence that she was putting together! Shiun was unknowingly flexing her chops as a genjutsu prodigy in front of them when she thought she was just testing out a new idea. She didn't have the full context of the complexity of handseals, the length of sequence and how it related to higher ranked jutsu. All she knew was, this was going to take up a lot of her chakra, so she wanted to make it good, so...!

A final seal was made, the Kinoko smiled and once again pointed at Yahiko, declaring triumphantly, "TADA!! You're now under a genjutsu!"

What a perfectly odd thing to declare about someone who didn't appear to be undergoing any of the typical symptoms of a genjutsu, nor had Shiun really done anything that might constitute a typical trigger. Except speaking, maybe. Or was it the handseals? But if it was either of those things, surely the older woman would have been caught as well since she was doubtlessly watching and had been listening. Yet she wasn't suffering any sort of effects of the genjutsu.

So what gives? What had Shiun done?

Jutsu TrainedShow
Infinity
A-Rank Concept Genjutsu
The user performs the handseals and targets an individual that is within the user's Control in meters away from them, implanting them with the concept of 'infinity'. To trigger this genjutsu, the user must make the target conceptualize 'infinity'. Once the target has thought of the concept of the infinite the genjutsu triggers, overwhelming the target with every possible infinity all at once. They experience extremely vivid visual and auditory hallucinations such as the beating of their heart echoing in their ears, seeing the possibility for movement of everything in front of them, visions of the hundreds of futures all at once and so on in this manner into the infinite. In their mind they will perceive time as slowing down infinitely as seconds divide further and further and their bodies will become paralyzed with the sudden realization of infinite choices they have in manipulating their own selves and they will begin to count uncontrollably, so on in this manner. The effects of this genjutsu last for only 1 post but can cause extreme mental exhaustion similar to that of an Overlay genjutsu. If the target has 20 Willpower or less, they are overwhelmed by the infinite and fall unconscious immediately.
1129/1400

Trusted Grader

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:48 pm

"Don't worry about that, just focus on your new jutsu and always try to improve okay. The real spy appeared for a second, Hotaru watched the kid struggle with her jutsu as she wondered herself what she would train next, she looked at the man ready to be tortured before pondering if she could toss a senbon and hide the real one among fake clones? Perhaps she could even make a stronger one. Hotaru grinned as she began to channel chakra into a hidden senbon in her right sleeve. She stood straight and looked the soldier dead in the eyes. "Get ready for the next jutsu, I'll cast mine before the girl, that way she doesn't have to stress herself to death." The soldier looked nervous, while Hotaru as the teacher winked at Shiun.

Hope this works, my speed and strength don't really match but that only comes in handy during these situations. She tossed the senbon at lightning speed, fast enough to almost appear she never tossed it but not fast enough for the man not to see the senbon. Her movements didn't match her strength, not yet at least, but no matter, for it helped with the trigger. Once he would spot the senbon flying towards him he would initiate the jutsu, which would create multiple clones around the real senbon that flew towards him.

Hotaru watched as the real one struck his shoulder, his panic shurikens were deflected by Hotaru, so the girl didn't come to harm, with a gentle pat on her back she would lean over. "Distractions are also good genjutsu techniques, they may be weak but if you use them correctly you can hide other things. Maybe even allies, blend in a little of real, a little of fake, then they'll know what truly hit them." Hotaru nodded as her eyes returned to the soldiers. "You okay? You almost tried to kill us." Hotaru shook her head in disappointment.

The agent nervously bowed, he never even pulled out the senbon but instead returned to position and let Shiun cast her jutsu. (He's in your control now) Hotaru would then whistle in another agent, she appeared out of thin air right in front of them, bowed and got into position, no words needed to be exchanged, almost as if they had been watching them the whole time. Next jutsu shouldn't be so damn hard to train right? Just got to figure out the layout and Bob's your uncle! Hotaru chuckled.

415/400

Shadow Senbons
D-Rank Illusion Genjutsu
Prereq: Sight Init, Senbon.
After forming a set of hand seals, Hotaru will toss a senbon towards the enemy. If the target sees this then multiple senbons will replicate and hide the real one. This jutsu lasts for 1 post.

Hotaru watched the agent side step away from the girl and her living practice dummy, Hotaru's body didn't move except for her eyes, slowly tracking the agent as she moved toward her periphery. Agent C: Good at close quarter combat, adequate at Genjutsu, terrible at Ninjutsu. I should probably try to remove her weapons first, then hit her with a couple of genjutsu. Hotaru now figured that she needed to learn some taijutsu that lowered people will power so that she could cast her genjutsu with greater ease, but that would have to come at a later date.

Today they were training Genjutsu and she had promised Shiun that she would do her best to lead her as far as time would allow her, knowing Hotaru's schedule, this was a very rare occasion that she got to spend time with this random child from Heart Empire. Interesting kid. Hotaru pushed towards Agent C, kicked her back before she formed a set of hand seals, she flipped midair, smiling as Agent C reached for her weapon, it was just like she had thought, her natural instincts would kick in if she went for close quarter combat, that means that her next attack would probably work.

She landed smoothly an pulled out her own sword. "That's how you want to play it? Fine, let's go." She pointed her own sword at the agent, kicking in the genjutsu which would cause her to "burn" her hand on the blade handle, the agent dropped her sword which was exactly what the spy wanted, she had now learned a new jutsu that would take her to great heights if used correctly. "You can even make your enemy drop their weapons if you cast the correct jutsu, that will leave them open to your attacks, or your allies."

Hotaru looked back at the agent from the girl, "Pick up the weapon, try it, look." Hotaru watched as the agent attempted to pick up the sword but couldn't as she kept getting "burnt" by the handle, frustrated, the agent gave up and took up action position again, she wanted that smoke and was going to get it with or without her weapon, see, there was a price on who could defeat Hotaru in combat, so every agent continued to train until the day they could and so far none had.

Hotaru widened her stance as she prepared for what would come next, she knew for certain that she would try to kill her agent but she wasn't sure if the agent would do the same, no matter, she was confident in her combat style so she was prepared for whatever.

443/400

That's Hot!
C-Rank Warp Genjutsu
Prereq: Sight Init.
After forming a set of hand seals, Hotaru grabs her sword and points it toward the enemy. If the target sees this then the Genjutsu has initiated, their own weapons will begin to heat up around the handle, they will both see, feel and think that their weapon burn on touch. This jutsu lasts for 3 post.

She watched closely as the agent struggled to figure out a way that strike Hotaru now that she was wielding her weapon, this gave the spy enough time to look away and at Shiun, for even if Agent C tried anything she would feel it through the vibrations on the ground. "Now, you could also create fake versions of yourself, that way it will be harder for them to spot where the real you are." Hotaru had no idea why she pretended to be a teacher and went so deep into the role, but she liked it, she wasn't used to helping people that way, maybe Shiun had awakened something within her.

With a light chuckle, the woman channeled chakra throughout her body as Agent C rushed her, Hotaru raised her sword upwards by twisting the wrist before she spun to the side, and as she did she threw a shuriken, and three more clones spun out of Hotaru and toss their own shuriken, she stopped spinning and ran around Agent C in a perfect circle, utilizing the clones to hide the real her.

Hotaru had watched how Agent C struggled to respond to the incoming shuriken so when she attempted to strike her with her body instead it was nigh impossible for the agent to respond. Each punch and kick landed as she continued to circle her, the clones made her almost unstoppable, especially if she used Ghost Echo, but that was for another time, for serious times.

Hotaru stopped and slid back to Shiun at light speed, pushing her hair back as she tossed her head upwards. "As a fellow genjutsu caster, I say, focus on trying to hide your body as well, that way you can mix and match in between. You could use kage bunshin if you know what that jutsu even is, or other types of clone techniques. Genjutsu can substitute but only for so long, hence my recommendation. The longer you can fight, the more you can tire out their minds. So during training, please don't worry about these dummies." Hotaru chuckled as she pointed at the agents struggling with the genjutsus. Yes, with this I can make short work of people who try to surprise attack me, even better if I use it to ambush people. The more utilities I got the better ninja I become, the better ninja I become, the better spy I become. Hotaru nodded for herself, still prepared for whatever could come next.

414/400

Vampire Dance!
B-Rank Warp Genjutsu
Prereq: Sight Init, Projectile.
After forming a set of hand seals, Hotaru channels chakra throughout her body, then twirls as she tosses a projectile at them. If the target sees this then the Genjutsu has initiated, three more clones will spin out of Hotaru as they too toss similar projectile, these clone operate under the stats of [Will] and will follow Hotaru's every movement, both concealing and distracting as their attacks cause pain, if struck then the clone bursts into fireflies never to return. This jutsu lasts for 5 post.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Golnax

La Niña Engañoso

Post by Golnax » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 pm

Shiun. Was. Geeked! She was getting a real genjutsu lesson from a real kunoichi and watching her perform her moves and tactics was like watching real ninja go at it! Her eyes were stars! Her mouth hung open agape! She got caught under all of these genjutsu as well since she was watching the whole time, but still! The only time she'd stopped was when the older woman sent the guy she'd cast her genjutsu on back over towards her, where she nervously walked up to him and said, "Here, hold still, I can fix that!" before pulling the senbon out of his shoulder. He grunted, and she held up her hand, a white mushroom growing out of it. "Eat this! It'll make your shoulder better, trust me. Mushrooms have got infinite potential for healing!"

Aside from that little bit of a distraction (Yahiko had done as he was told and eaten the mushroom, receiving its regenerative effects), she simply watched on in awe, ooohing and ahhhing as the demonstration went on, totally enamored by it all! She looked at the Kumogakure kunoichi who had been so gracious as to take her under her wing, even if temporarily, and let out an excited little cheer! "OOooooh that was so COOL! I totally know what you mean! You gotta give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle!" she said, holding her fists up in front of her and shaking them up and down excitedly. The mushroom capped samurai whipped her head back around to look at Yahiko, a wicked, mischievous grin on her face. "Genjutsu sure does have infinite possibilities, don't it?"

"Hm? I mean, I guess so..." Yahiko replied, still rubbing his shoulder as it was finishing up healing.

Shiun puffed her cheeks out. She turned and walked over to the ninja and poked at his chest with her finger. "I don't think you're really getting it, buddy! They've got INFINITE possibilities, ya know!? You can do anything with it, the possibilities are endless! Hm? You ever thought of that? Endless possibilities? Got any idea what that'd look like?" Every few words, she poked him in the chest again. Yahiko frowned, not really sure what to make of Shiun at this point, looking over at Hotaru with an expression that asked 'am I supposed to play along with this?'

He still wasn't getting it yet, apparently, so Shiun laid it on even thicker. "Come on! Open your mind a bit, think of all of the possibilities! Just imagine it!" she commanded, throwing her arm around his shoulder and pulling his head down to be underneath her mushroom cap. "Imagine endless infinity, going on forever and ever, countless possibilities, infinite application! Doesn't that strike you as anything other than infinitely awesome!?"

"I mean I guess so! I just... just... uh..." Bingo. She'd caught him in her genjutsu at last, making him think of infinity. Suddenly, Yahiko's body went stiff as his eyes widened. His breath caught in his throat and in that moment, that poor, hapless shinobi, an unwilling participant for Shiun's experimental genjutsu, experienced infinity. Every possible course of action his body could take, his mind overloaded with sensory information coming from all directions in infinitely minute detail. He began to count numbers in his head, faster and faster, exponentially and without end gaining speed, overwhelming his brain with the forceful perception of infinity, paralyzing him on the spot!

Seeing this, Shiun's shit-eating grin returned and she pulled her arm off of his shoulder, taking an excited hop back, landing on one foot and holding her arms out in front of her, gesturing at the statuesque Yahiko and smiling at Hotaru. "Tada! Genjutsu!" she declared, as if that explained anything or somehow transplanted the experience that Yahiko was going through to the rest of the class. Of course, it was a short lived experience for him as his mind pretty quickly overloaded itself, his body going limp, eyes rolling into the back of his head, and he fell down to the ground. Shiun looked down at him and blinked, her smile falling from her face.

"Oh... well that's... hm..." She said, standing on both feet and stepping back to Yahiko's side, kneeling down on her haunches and poking at his head. "You okay, buddy...?" she asked the unconscious Shinobi. She hadn't expected him to pass out like that; a recurring theme with these genjutsu of hers: The unexpected.

1879/1400

Return to “The Academies”