Frozen Spider!

Set up in Aroma, on the oceanside cliffs, a tournament arena, and a practical village of temporary homes and stores have been set up. Merchants from all over the continent will be selling wares.
TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Aiya was still recovering from the fight with Proximus, the team fight she had finished alongside the other three genin; Ico, Desu and Noeru. Clearly, her skill just wasn't good enough to overcome that giant of a man, his raw power was just too much. but that said, she still taught him a lot about her own skills; namely, she relied too much on her spider form's armor and her tonfas for defense. If she wanted to protect herself better, her staff would have to be a good method of defense as well... And to that end, she found a small clearing on the outskirts of the village hosting the chuunin exams and started practicing.

At the moment, she was in the process of trying to use her staff as a means of rising above attacks. To that end, she could be found balancing on her staff, upside down, her hand holding tightly to the end of her staff while the other end was planted in the dirt. Every now and then her balance would shift and she'd compensate for some breeze or movement, but it took a lot of focus for her to not fall over. She needed to train to the point that assuming this stance was second nature to her, something she could do in the blink of an eye mid fight. And that... wasn't going to be easy. Beads of sweat dripped off of her forehead and spattered the ground at her feet, her labored breath could be heard as he eyes focused on the ground beneath her.

She was so focused on maintaining her stance that she hadn't realized she was being watched.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Valkier

Frozen Spider!

Post by Valkier » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Naohiro's mind was far away as he strolled slowly around the buildings and outwards from the tournament arenas, working some life back into his legs after a morning sat in the spectator's stands. The fights so far had been thrilling, far more so than he'd expected; though they were far removed from real combat, such as in the war, they were still a substantial step above a rudimentary sparring session with a partner or friend. These fights had stakes, and didn't pit you against people you knew or could predict. They were an essential experience for young ninja. And so, during a lull in the event schedule, the Kirigakure special jounin took the opportunity to wander and refect on what he'd seen, as well as quietly reminisce about his own exams, now some years past.

Without intending to, he found his eyes settling upon a figure in the distance as he walked in that direction. Small and poised, she was balanced, upside-down on the end of a bo staff. Someone's training? he thought, and smiled faintly. It was good to see the next generation working so hard. Drawing closer, he was surprised to find he recognised her; he'd watched her victory in the arena earlier that day. He only hesitated for a moment before changing directions and approaching.

He stepped up slowly, but quietly, folding his arms and watching the girl balance. Though he made no effort to hide, it seemed the girl was so intent on her training that she didn't notice him. Her form was good, though a little unpractised; she'd probably master her manouevre within the day. Once she noticed him or hit a pause in her training, he'd speak up.

"You're her - Konohagakure's little spider. Aiya, right? Congratulations on your victory in the first round. It was quite a spectacle. Your... ability is something else. You don't see that every day." In truth he was intrigued, if not fascinated, by the girl's unique transformation. He'd never seen anything like it, and was eager to find out what he could.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Aiya didn't notice the man watching her for a good long while, her attention completely dedicated to her balancing act on her staff. She was getting a little more comfortable with the position, but as she looked around and finally saw the man she let out a small 'EEP' and completely lost her focus, tumbling forward into a roll that left her sitting on her butt in the dirt. "Owwww..." the girl exclaimed aloud, rubbing her head as she looked for what was no doubt going to be a decent sized goose egg later. As she sat there, the man spoke up, congratulating her and giving her a nickname that actually made her chuckle a little.

"Little Spider... Is that what they're calling me? Heh, alright I guess." The girl laughed a little as she rose to her feet and dusted herself off, getting a better look at the man now. He was a touch taller than she was, with pale yet beautiful skin and striking blue eyes. His raven-like black hair was amazing too, gorgeous and well kept. The man looked more like a noble than a Shinobi, with high quality garbs complimenting his groomed attire. The only thing that gave him away as more than a simple noble was the Kirigakure Forehead protector tied around his neck.

"Heh, another Kirigakure shinobi? I just met one with bat wings not long ago, I wonder why you all are taking such an interest in a 'little spider', hehe." She chuckled a little and picked up her staff off the ground, giving it a few twirls to make sure it hadn't been damaged by her fall. "Well, i'll tell you the same thing I told him. There's no enemies here in Aroma Country. So yes, I'm Aiya. Ibakuro, Aiya. My ability is very new, as far as I understand it. What about you? Can you sprout wings like the green eyed guy I met, or do you have some other unique ability yourself?" It wasn't fair that he knew her abilities and skills, but she didn't even know his name yet. Hopefully the man was willing to meet her half way and give a little info on himself.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Valkier

Frozen Spider!

Post by Valkier » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:40 pm

"Heh. My apologies, I didn't mean to scare you." Naohiro smiled, and would've offered to help the girl up if she hadn't bound back to her feet soon after. Evidently he'd underestimated the level of focus she'd been holding. "They?" He shrugged, "I can't speak for anyone else, but it seemed like a fitting name, given--well, you know." He made a vague wave towards her with one hand. "Like I said: You don't see that every day."

Another kirigakure shinobi, with bat wings? He raised an eyebrow, thinking through his comrades from home and picking out those who might have made the trip. It clicked pretty quickly. "I assume that must've been Shinjiro..." He paused to consider the implication. Shinji wasn't known for being the most friendly or tolerant of strangers to run into, especially as a foreign ninja, but he was always eager to see--or start--a good fight. "I shouldn't be surprised, no doubt he was impressed with your use of that form as well, for one so young." That Aiya had met the man and emerged both whole and apparently happy spoke volumes about either her potential or personality.

"That's a wise way of thinking. The world could use more ninja like you, especially now. But right you are, we're all friends here today. I'm Naohiro, of the Aisu." He nodded along with her explanation then made a formal--but not too formal--introductory bow, then shook his head with an amused smile at her jest about wings. "Me? No, no. I'm just your regular, run-of-the-mill shinobi. My talents lie in other areas." As he spoke he began to glow just faintly and waved his left hand over his open right hand, held palm up before Aiya. Like a magician performing a party trick, when the left hand passed over it revealed a miniature glistening sculpture made of ice, resembling a detailed Aiya in her spider-form. He gave an amused wink and handed it to her. It wouldn't last long in the heat of Aroma Country, but might be a fun souvenir until then.

"So, are you prepared for the second round? I've been watching the competition, and Kirigakure sent a few strong contenders too. Think you're up to the task?"
Jutsu usedShow
Hyōton ◊ Cryosynthesis
D-Rank Hyouton Ninjutsu
After focusing channelled chakra into one hand, the user draws moisture from the air and rapidly freezes it into an object, tool, or weapon no larger than 30x30 cm. The object forms at a speed of [control] and has a strength of [control], and remains for four posts before losing its strength. Outside of combat the technique can be used with increased focus to create objects of intricate or delicate detail. Objects may remain as regular ice if kept in sub-zero conditions.
CharactersShow
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:30 pm

The man before her seemed far, far nicer than Shinjiro. She was still reeling from the experience with the bat winged shinobi... She waved a hand as the man apologized, a slight blush of embarrassment creeping along her face. "Oh it's fine, haha. I take worse bumps and bruises all the time." She rubbed her arm with embarrassment, and suddenly felt severely underdressed in comparison to the Kirigakure shinobi standing before her. The topic changed to Shinjiro, and for a moment Aiya seemed incredibly conflicted, just as she had been when talking to the man. Her face showed it all as well, a mixture of fascination and frustration.

"Yeah well, with him around, you might be seeing my form a lot more. Apparently, whatever his ability is, he was able to almost perfectly mimic my Spider Form. I don't know whether I should be pissed about that or impressed, to be honest." She was going to continue with that line of thought, but the man stunned her by displaying his own unique skill... Ice. The small statue he made was in her image, in her spider form no less, and she couldn't help but smile as she held it in her hand. "That's beautiful Naohiro... Man. Now you've got me wondering if I could achieve the same level of detail with Doton. I'd love to make little sculptures like this, I love it!"

As she held it, the statue was already beginning to melt, which made her sad for a moment. But of course, it was ice; melting was expected. With a small, sad sigh, she'd set the statue down in the shade of a nearby tree. At least that way it might last a little longer. It was then that the girl answered Naohiro's question. "I haven't scoped out much of the competition yet, but I fought alongside one of yours against the giant with the iron mask. Ico, I think his name was. He seemed incredibly strong and fast, I might have a hard time keeping up with him if we get put against each other. But I also think I might have the advantage in terms of skill; he didn't have too many actual techniques that I could tell. Mostly, he just swung his sword around haphazardly... Not to speak ill of one of your people, of course."

The Kiri ninja she referred to was incredibly fast, of that there was no doubt. And in terms of strength, she had no doubt that he was at least as strong as her, if not stronger. But she had to believe she held an edge in terms of her skill and training. Otherwise, she was definitely at a disadvantage. "I guess to answer your question, I'm optimistic about the next round, but I also know that I can't let my ego get too big. There's a lot of other strong shinobi here, and a lot of factors that might lead to victory. How about you Naohiro? I mean, I don't think you're here for the exams themselves, but what brings you out to Aroma country if you're not a participant? Maybe just a spectator?"
Active Characters

Valkier

Frozen Spider!

Post by Valkier » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Naohiro felt an unexpected wave of pride as the young girl fawned over the little ice sculpture. It was a trivial technique--something he'd learnt once as a child to practice delicate chakra control--but very much worth it now, to see his bloodline recieve such admiration.
"It should be possible, sure. Doton might not get the same finish of course, but it could still polish up nicely. The trick is just practice. Care and patience, like learning any ninjutsu."

"Ah, yes, Ico. It's good you got the chance to see him in action before facing him yourself. You know now not to let his size or age deceive you." Honestly, there was something odd about that one, though such traits were hardly unheard of among Kirigakure's ninja class. A side-effect of the oft-brutal conditioning they all received, probably. It was sometimes more surprising that Nao himself had grown up as "normally" as he had. He chuckled about the sword-swinging comment. "Sometimes, when you're in the thick of it, a good sword swing is all you need. Especially when it's as large as his. I hope you can keep up."

"As for me? I'm just a spectator, yes. I like to watch the matches and see the next generation working hard. And with tensions still high from the war, it helps to just make an appearance, too." He spread his hands as if it was an expected duty, though it was clear he enjoyed the matches. But something the girl had said earlier was stuck in his mind, as seeing as she was unreservedly chatty so far, he tried his luck.

"So, you mentioned your ability is new to you? I must admit I'm intrigued. Were you not born with it; a family trait?" She'd moved so naturally during her transformation in her earlier fight that he'd assumed she'd spent long years mastering it--though it had only lasted for a few moments. Perhaps she was downplaying her talent with it, instead of giving away all her tricks in her first match...
CharactersShow

TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 pm

The man before her was so much different than anything she had ever expected from a Kiri shinobi. Shinjiro lived up to the reputation of Kirigakure from what she could tell with her meeting with him, but Naohiro felt more like he could be from her own homeland! So calm, so proper, and so nice... "Heh.... you're either a good actor or an incredibly nice Kiri shinobi. I think you'd do well in Konoha... That's a compliment, by the way, hehe." The girl chuckled as she gave her version of a compliment, But then went on to answer the man's question about her ability. He had earned that much at least, and he'd likely see more of it in the next rounds of the tournament.

"I'll tell you, but only because you're being so nice damn it. I was born with it, yes, though it takes a lot of time to master it's use and maintain it for longer periods of time. But the Ibakuro clan itself is incredibly young. You probably didn't see any during the war at all, there really aren't that many. But, we're rapidly growing, due to... well, I think that part should be kept a secret. But rest assured, you'll see a lot more people like me in the next decade or so." She ended with a wink and a chuckle, foreshadowing the fact that between genetic transplants to willing participant and the rapid aging of naturally born Ibakuro, the clan would be fully formed in a fraction of the time it might take them to form otherwise.

But then she thought, and corrected herself. "Well, you'll see more spider folk anyways. That's our clan's unique gift. The venom I secrete, that's one of a kind, so you won't see anyone else exactly like me... I'm being too specific, aren't I? Heh..." The girl rubbed her head with embarrassment, but then found the bump where she landed earlier and winced a little with pain. "Ow... Really hope that clears up before my next round. You wouldn't happen to be a medic, would you?" She let out an embarrassed chuckle, her cheeks brightening with blush.
Active Characters

Valkier

Frozen Spider!

Post by Valkier » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:06 am

Naohiro raised an eyebrow at Aiya's comment about his personality and him doing well in Konoha, his smile faltering slightly. They were being nice to one another--as she'd said, there were no enemies here--but it was clear there were still some nationalistic differences between them. Regardless, she appeared to have meant it to be a friendly comment, so he let it slide. And lucky he did, because she soon continued with the interesting details he'd been looking for, telling him a good amount about her clan. For all of Konoha's faults, some of its citizens were very trusting.

He nodded along, listening carefully. "Ah, I'd suspected some sort of venom from the way you licked your weapons, quite aside from the transformation. But that's a separate talent you say? How fascinating." Clearly there was yet more to the girl than met the eye even after watching a round of her fighting. He wondered what sort of trials the young Ibakuro must've suffered through to manifest such abilities at her age. He wanted to ask more, perhaps see the venom itself, but knew it would be over the line. "Well, I'll certainly be watching your progress in the next rounds carefully," he concluded instead.

"As it happens, I am..." He paused to consider her request, watching her rub her head where she'd fallen. While it wasn't directly his fault she'd fallen, he'd been part of the cause, and the scholar in him was eager to perform a medical technique on her unique physiology... But common sense won out, in addition to the fact she'd have to be crazy to consent to a proper examination. "...But I'm afraid I have to disappoint you. You're part way through a tournament; getting tended to by a medical shinobi could invalidate all of your effort, and cause a political stir to boot." He smiled to dampen the impact of his denial. "Besides, choosing to train like that between matches, knowing the risk? A shinobi has to be prepared for consequences." The injury didn't seem to be a bad one--there was no blood and she didn't appear dazed or nauseous--and he was certainly she'd taken worse scrapes from the tournament so far. In this instance, the pain was a bigger benefit to her--a reminder of caution and consequence--than iijutsu could be.
CharactersShow

TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Despite her natural naivety, the young spider girl had a pretty astute sense of sight and an observant mind, so she did notice a few key things about Naohiro's responses both verbal and non. He seemed a little offput by her saying he'd fit in to Konoha, which didn't surprise her given where he actually hailed from. More importantly, the only two Kiri shinobi she had met seemed more curious about her abilities than her as a person, which told her they were definitely fishing for information at least to some extent. Though, whereas Shinjiro was much more blunt and upfront about it, Naohiro seemed to be taking a more subtle approach; trying to compliment and goad her, putting her at ease with kind words so that she'd spill the beans.

The only reason she did was because, honestly, the information was going to get out eventually. The villages were pretty good at picking up on new skills and abilities available to the other villages, so she saw no reason to hide it from him. Especially since he had been upfront about his own ability to manipulate ice using ninjutsu, something she was almost certain was unique to him and his bloodline. With a grin, Aiya threw up her fingers in the sign for 'victory', her index and middle fingers taking the shape of a "V". "Hehe, i'll try not to disappoint my Kiri fanbase." It was a strange feeling, knowing that she was being watched so intently by so many people, all interested in seeing how far she got and what she could do with her abilities. But she was growing to like her short bout of fame here in Aroma Country, realizing that she was a spectacle that other people either liked to watch or feared due to the spider she became. It was... kind of fun, really.

She waved her hand casually as the man mentioned that he was, in fact, a medic, but didn't want to work on her for fear of breaking rules. "Ha, I was mostly kidding anyway. A little pain isn't the end of the world. Heh, one time early on in my training with this staff, I bonked myself on the forehead so hard I passed out... Compared to that, this bump is nothing. It'll clear up in a day or so." She let out another nervous chuckle, but then as she studied the man's features for a moment, a question occured to her. "Naohiro, what's it like to be part of a clan that's been around for hundreds of years? I mean, I don't know how long you Aisu have been around, but i'm sure it's a lot older than my clan. We're so young, we haven't really even begun to develop a sense of kinship or a unified mentality like some of Konoha's other clans do. Everyone knows the Hyuuga clan are all prissy nobles who look down their nose at those they view as lesser, and the Inuzuka are known for their bestial and impulsive ways, but the Ibakuro... don't really have anything like that. I guess I just wonder if that's normal for a younger clan, and I'm curious what it'd be like if we had a more pronounced tradition among us."

Sure, it was a question she could ask a Hyuuga or an Inuzuka, but she wanted to hear another village's take on the matter. She wanted a realistic response, not a coddled response like she might get from one of her allies.
Active Characters

Valkier

Frozen Spider!

Post by Valkier » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:11 pm

"Well now, that is an insightful question." Nao drew back and let his gaze wander while he mulled it over. Honestly, he didn't often think about it, so he took a moment to consider what he and his kin may look like to others, or those who were not from Kirigakure.
"In Kirigakure, it's fair to say that we're a little like celebrities. The name carries weight. Power, talent, potential. The things most other ninja crave. It's very easy to see us from the outside and be envious for all that we have and all that we are." His eyes snapped back to Aiya's and he gave a faint smile. "But that's only half the story. Yes, we have wealth, influence, and a certain level of talent is almost a given among my kin. But you could say we lack the...freedom of others. Let me answer your question with a question; what made you want to become a shinobi? Do you remember the day you decided to begin training, or applied to an academy?"

"I don't. It's a moot question. My future was decided before I even took my first breath. I am a scion of Aisu, therefore I am shinobi. I am the will of the Clan, and they are mine."
Despite the implication, Naohiro didn't seem at all phased. It was an interesting line of thought, but not one that upset him; it was simply who he was. "We of the AIsu undoubtedly have more kinship than most. We're old, with strong ties, and strong burdens. That brings people together, and moreso in Kirigakure. Strength is important to us, and we have it." He paused, acknowledging that he'd trailed slightly away from the point. His Clan was, after all, a topic close to his heart.

"To answer your question more aptly: It's like a duty on your shoulders, at times a heavy and demanding one, but one you bear with love and pride nontheless. I would not be who I am without it, and would not trade it for the world. And as for my Clan specifically?" He grinned. "Well, perhaps we are a little like your Hyuuga. Except far more talented. Older. Nobler. And more handsome."

"But I can hear the concern in you. Do you worry your own family will not be welcome in Konoha, shunned for your youth?" He stopped to consider, then slapped a hand to his arm. "Hold your head high, little spider. Wear your pride about you, and show them your strength. They'll soon fall in line, or live to regret it. Especially if your numbers are soon to be as you claim."

"And if all that fails, and they will not have you? Then remember this meeting and seek me out. I can always find a home for talent."
CharactersShow

TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:59 pm

Aiya stroked her chin in thought as she listened to Naohiro expound upon his clan, it's history, and what being an Aisu meant in a village like Kirigakure. In short, it sounded very much like what she'd expect a Hyuuga to say, but she hadn't considered the possibility that maybe there were Aisu born into the clan that didn't want to be shinobi. Aisu who didn't have a choice in the matter, who's potential was only realized by enlisting into the service. The only time she interrupted him was a moment of laughter as he made his quip about being 'more talented, nobler, older and more handsome' than the Hyuuga clan. "Haha, The Hyuuga are alright mostly. They just have a reputation among Konoha for being... traditional. To a fault. They seem to abhor change, which is part of what had me worried. I don't think they like my clan too much, because they're New and Different"

She emphasized her words with air quotes, clearly poking at the clan for their close minded views as a whole, but then let out a small sigh. "I don't think I'm being fair though, I'm sure they're not all like that. I guess I'm just worried; they carry way more power than we do in terms of village decisions, so if they decide they don't like us who knows what kind of political shenanigans they might pull?" Finally she relented and let Naohiro finish, and the last of his words actually helped to put her a little more at ease. Perhaps a little Kiri mentality was exactly what the Ibakuro needed to succeed in Konoha. "Heh... Maybe you're right, Naohiro. I don't think Konoha would be supportive of brutality, but perhaps the best way to secure a spot in Konoha's future is to force them to recognize us. To show them our power, and show them that they would be far worse without us. Something even the Hyuuga couldn't deny... You're pretty inspirational, you know that?"

She'd let the last words he spoke hang in the air for a moment... She wasn't going to make any kind of claims about leaving the village or joining with Kiri. That'd be treason, pure and simple. But she would at least comment on it. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I can't imagine our progenitor would be pleased with such an exodus of his bloodline, ha. He's been known to get... angry."
Active Characters

Valkier

Frozen Spider!

Post by Valkier » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Naohiro absently waved away the compliment, focusing more on the conversation at hand and glad to see the girl was beginning to understand. He'd seen real strength and resolve in the fledgling shinobi in her combat rounds earlier in the day, so was happy to be able to offer some guidance even if it was to one of a rival nation.

"That's exactly it, Aiya." He nodded, voice eager, "why should they look upon a new and different clan with anything but disdain? Why should they respect you? Such things aren't earned as a matter of course. So show them why. Teach them the meaning of strength. But I speak not of brutality; I know some of your younger countrymen can struggle with that." He gave a faint smile, more sympathetic than mocking. "You start here, today, by smashing your competition in these exams. Aim higher the next day, and the next, and soon enough they won't be able to look away. At that point, refusing your clan's legitimacy becomes more embarassing for them day by day."

Sensing her shift in mood, he let the final comment drop. He could hardly judge her on it; should one of his kin attempt any such treason he'd personally stop at nothing to prevent it. Regardless, he'd planted the seed just in case such a thing ever came to pass. The conversation hit a lull afterwards and he realised how long they'd been standing here together -- a surprising amount considering their relative lack of things in common. He glanced up to gauge the position of the sun, and thought back to the event schedule for the day.

"Well, I shouldn't keep you any longer. There's some particularly promising matches I'm eager to get back to and watch, even before your next one begins." He stepped back and gave her a parting bow, this one a tad more casual than the last. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Aiya. Best of luck with your exam. And watch out for the ground with that training of yours!" He flashed another grin.
CharactersShow

TyDie

Frozen Spider!

Post by TyDie » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Aiya felt supercharged talking to Naohiro about the future of her clan, and subsequently her future as well. He was absolutely right; If she wanted her clan to be respected, it started with shinobi like herself. She had to earn that respect. And that started with these exams. She clenched her fist in front of her face, practically shaking with this overwhelming energy. "Yeah... I'll show everyone why the Ibakuro deserve recognition and respect. I'll walk out of this a chuunin, I swear it. And next? I'll become one of the youngest Bannin our village has ever seen. Just you watch, I'll bet anything my name will be in the bingo book in the next 5 years." She looked at the cool headed Aisu again, a fierce flame of determination in her eyes; her 'will of fire' manifest.

"Make sure you watch my next match Naohiro. I want my friend from Kiri to watch me rise through the ranks. And thanks, I needed that lift!" Before the man had even left, Aiya once more planted her staff in the dirt and vaulted herself on top of it, holding herself in mid air with a single hand while she looked down at Naohiro, waving at him upside down as he made his way out with a determined grin on her face, her long black hair hanging down to the head of her staff. "I'll be looking for you in the stands! Bye Nao!"

...Already his influence had allowed her to leap farther in her training; it took almost no focus to maintain her balance on the staff now.
Active Characters

Return to “1st International Chuunin Exams”