Spider meets Spider

Set up in Aroma, on the oceanside cliffs, a tournament arena, and a practical village of temporary homes and stores have been set up. Merchants from all over the continent will be selling wares.
TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:34 pm

"...How the hell did that giant move like he did? These things are so cumbersome..." Aiya spoke idly to herself as she continued to train and practice her craft. Having finished up with staff practice, she found herself curious about the Giant Proximus, and his unorthodox style of using giant shields as weapons. So there she was, her Tonfa transformed into shields of varying sizes, trying to figure out how he was able to swing them so efficiently. The shield in her right hand was very small, a buckler at most, much like the shield Proximus used. The other one was a meter in diameter, much larger and heavier, and made for a good comparison to Proximus's Kiteshield.

She tried in vain to swing them with the same efficiency as him, clumsily throwing the weapons around haphazardly without really understanding how to manipulate them properly. "They're so heavy! How did he move them with such lightning speed!? UGH!" In a fit of frustration, Aiya tossed the shields to the ground in a huff and let out an exasperated sigh, her hands in her face. How was she to improve if she couldn't replicate the style of her enemy, and thus understand that style herself?
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:23 pm

For the most part Shinjiro had found the Chunin exams to be rather uneventful. It was not the first time he had been at an international tournament after all and given the focus was on lower ranked shinobi this time around there wasn't much to catch his attention. That being said he had ultimately decided to enter the exhibition matches, there was one person that he wanted to fight, a Bannin of Konoha that he thought might actually be able to best him.

Until those matches began however he would have to find some way to pass the time. He had watched a few of the individual matches and a group challenge or two. Seeing a girl with a spider transformation had given him some ideas for developing a few new jutsu himself. He supposed it would be useful to add some more versatility to his repetoire.

Flying swiftly through the sky, large bat wings sprouted from his back the young man wore only a pair of grey shorts, a deep blue shirt, and his usual compliment of weaponry in addition to the symbols of Kirigakure, the seven swordsmen and the Kraken insignia of his family that he always displayed proudly on his arms.

It was unusual for the man to be seen without a hood, mask or gloves however in hot climates even someone conditioned to functioning in adverse environments could benefit from dressing for the occassion. This was after all, similar to a vacation for himself. The Bannin had fought and served well throughout the war, he was fully entitled to rest on his accolades for a while if he saw fit to do so.

Initially he had intentionally stayed out of sight of the girl, flying high above and behind her, far enough back to not cast any shadow on her vicinity. When she settled on one spot however and began her training he only watched her for a short time before soaring casually into view, descending to a height of only about 10 meters. "You really intend to master every weapon dont you?" He observed whimsically, it was a respectable goal if a bit foolish in his opinion. Nonetheless he had found her performance in the challenge exhibit to show a strong grasp of the fundementals.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Aiya felt like she was going to pull her hair out in frustration, she just couldn't grasp how that bastard was able to so effortlessly maneuver such clumsy pieces of metal around like they were nothing. She walked over to the shields she had thrown to the ground, kicking one of them in a huff, before picking them up like before. It was then, as she lifted the shields back up, that she heard the voice from above. With a surprised gasp she looked up to see... a man? With wings? Floating above her? "Uh... Maybe the heat is getting to me after all." She would blink a few times as she stared up at the green eyed man with bat-like wings, then after realizing he was real after all, she finally registered his words.

"Uh, maybe not every weapon exactly. But I just fought this giant of a man who wielded shields like these." She'd raise one hand and the other to motion the shields she was using, then look back to the man. "He moved them with such grace, but when I swing them around everything feels so heavy and cumbersome. Sure, I can generate some force with it, but I don't know how he did it so effectively... They're so heavy and awkwardly shaped. Maybe they were weighted a certain way to make them easier to wield? Hmm..." She found herself lost in thought for a moment, but then she looked back up to the brown haired man and cleared her throat... as she noticed the symbol of Kirigakure displayed on his person.

"Hmm... Kiri shinobi. No wonder I didn't recognize you, even with wings like those." She cleared her throat for a moment as she realized she was speaking to what was potentially a future enemy, but tried to take it easy. "Well... There's no enemies here in Aroma Country I suppose. It would be rude of me to ignore you I think, that'd give Konoha a bad look. I'm Aiya, of the Ibakuro Clan. Who might you be?" She tried to put her best foot forward and address the man with respect, despite the fact that their villages had only just been fighting with each other and would likely fight each other again soon enough. It seemed like they'd always be at war...
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Shinji smiled boyishly, amused by the girls confusion. He did enjoy messing with people, even if the reactions were only mild. For a moment he regretted not changing his form to something far more outlandish though he supposed there might still be a chance later. At only 20 years old the man still looked like a teenager, his form was incredibly defined, apparent against his tight clothing though his stature was still small enough that he could easily mask his impressive physique if he were to wear layers and cloaks as he typically did.

Listing lazily to the right in a downward strafe he quickly shifted and flapped powerfully sending him on a direct course for the girl, leaning back before impact he kicked off the shield and gracefully flipped backward before landing gently, wings flared out behind him. "You do know that stone and tempered metal have different densities right?" He teased. It seemed obvious why her shields would be far heavier and more unwieldy.

The young man seemed indifferent to her distrust. While he couldn't say he liked Konoha shinobi he simply didn't care much who he talked to when the perceived power difference was so drastically in his favor. The way he lived anyone could be his enemy at any moment and so long as he was confident he could kill someone at any time there was no harm in being friendly in the meantime. Shinji chuckled lightly at her comment. "We are all friends and we are all enemies" he stated simply, the two existed simultaneous and both were true until one acted one way or the other. "Karagata Shinjiro" he replied, reaching out a hand to shake hers. The black coloration of his hands and wrists stood out against his pale skin that had already begun turning a light shade of red from the sun. Despite the scars and callouses across his hands the coloration seemed more akin to a tattoo than burns. "Your saliva contains poison doesn't it? Can you show me?" He wondered. It was rare for him to discover other poison wielders, especially through mechanisms of their own bodily fluids.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Aiya let out a small squeak of surprise as the boy darted towards her out of nowhere, holding up her big shield reflexively and feeling the man push off of his shield with surprising strength, her own feet sliding back slightly. He wasn't even trying and he generated that much force... who the hell is this guy? Her thoughts pondered the answer to the question, while Shinjiro landed and asked a question of her own... a question that would make her look like a fool. She puffed her cheeks with annoyance and held the shields up. "Did you see that giant? His shields were twice the size mine are, I figure the weight shouldn't be all that different between mine and his due to the weight of stone versus metal. Though I suppose if I used made of metal and sized for me, it'd probably be a bit easier..."

The truth was, she didn't *have* shields made of metal on her. This was about the only way she had to train with shields, unless she went to buy one. She'd channel a bit of chakra through the shields, returning them to their usual tonfa state and slipping them into their holsters on her legs. Then she'd cross her arms as the man made clear his opinion of the situation between Konoha and Kiri, or rather, the lack of an opinion really. "Huh. Here I thought most Kirigakure shinobi were content to spill blood and take life. Guess I shouldn't generalize so much..." She was about to apologize to Shinjiro for the generalization, but when he asked about her venom she tilted her head in surprise.

"...You noticed? Perceptive of you. But if you're gonna ask something so personal you should at least take me on a date first, haha." She chuckled at her own joke, looking the man over again with her strange eyes. "In reality, I suppose I'd be willing to show you yeah. But it doesn't look any different from regular saliva you know. Don't know what you'd get from it unless I actually injected it into your blood... You don't want that though. Trust me." She'd demonstrate with a small glob of spit, letting it fall to the ground and collect in the dirt. At a glance, she was right; it appeared like ordinary saliva. "And no, I can't let you take a sample with you. I think you know that'd be crossing lines." Though she smiled at the man, what she said was true; there'd be no sample taking today.
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Shinjiro smirked, the first true glimpse of his absolute confidence in his lime green eyes, “I saw him. He was lazy, undisciplined. A complete waste of potential. Why would you want to be anything like that?” he wondered. It was one thing to study and understand an opponent’s technique but to desire to fight in the same way as an ultimately ineffective style was beyond him. The reasoning behind using Doton shields was straightforward enough, there was nothing wrong with challenging oneself to adapt to more difficult material. She had seemed to utilize her other weapons effectively, there was no reason to think she wouldn’t eventually adapt to the stone shields as well.

He pursed his lips slightly, nodding his head subtly in silent consideration as she seamlessly shifted the shields into tonfa. ‘Not bad’ his body language seemed to read. Despite having Doton natured chakra himself he had never really explored the utility behind ninjutsu before. Such a technique wasn’t something he would ever have a need for, but he could see the benefit. The handsome young man let out an amused huff as she misread his openness for civil conversation as an indication that he wasn’t violent by nature. For the moment he was content with letting her think that though, and it seemed as though they would in fact get along. She even made a joke about taking her on a date, to which Shinji shrugged and smiled softly, “If that’s what it takes” he responded genuinely. He didn’t have any romantic interest in the girl, or even physical for that matter but one way or another he would get a taste of her venom. “And of course I noticed, why else would you spit on every one of your weapons? Unless it was just for good luck?” he teased playfully.

The swordsman’s smile slowly faded as he watched her closely, with great interest, as she spat a glob of spit and let it slowly drop. However, it never hit the ground. In a flash of movement, a kunai was drawn with his right hand, stopping precisely below the saliva and catching the drop on the tip of the blade, rotating his wrist with delicate precision to keep the liquid balanced and prevent even the slightest bit from dropping. He watched it for a moment, true to her word it did appear to be ordinary saliva. “Is it really that dangerous?” he wondered, his tone dropping and his own aura of danger surely sending a tingle down her spine. If she had any self-preservation instincts at all they would be screaming at her with all their might not to intervene. She told him not to take a sample, and he responded with a stare laced with murderous intent. The expert assassin was not accustomed to being told what he was and wasn’t allowed to do by someone both younger and weaker than himself. “I won’t tell if you don’t” he responded coyly before jabbing the kunai into his left wrist. For good measure he applied pressure onto his wound while still holding the kunai, massaging the saliva into his veins as he licked the remainder and his own blood off the tip of the kunai. Any effort Aiya made to stop him would be easily evaded at the very least and if she provoked him enough, he would not hesitate to make her regret it. “I assure you. I won’t be sharing your secrets with anyone. Your poison can’t be that unique anyway” he commented. Who did she think she was, that a poison would be some kind of great secret compared to the hundreds of deadly concoctions developed and experimented with in Kirigakure.

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:53 pm

As she let the glob of spit fall out of her mouth, she barely had time to notice the sudden burst of movement from the Kirigakure ninja, catching the spit before it even hit the ground. "How on earth..." She barely had time to question, his movement was so lightning fast she barely noticed anything at all. One second he was standing there, and the other he had returned to his position with the glob balanced on his kunai. She wanted to stop him, but honestly, if that's how fast he was, she knew she was no match. Her very hairs were on end as the entire tone of their conversation seemed to shift, and suddenly she was thankful that there were guards and medics stationed nearly everywhere in the village.

"...Yes, the man's 'style' wasn't much of a style at all. In fact it was disgraceful overall. But that doesn't mean there's not something to learn from it. If nothing else, the weapon choice lent itself well to a defensive offense. With a bit of refinement, perhaps another weapon instead of two shields, I think the use of a shield as a weapon is quite viable." She tried to shift back to a normal topic of conversation, the two of them criticizing the giant's unrefined, though effective methods. But she let out a yelp as the boy grinned and plunged the dagger into his own wrist. "What's the matter with you!" She called out, unsure of what the hell the man had just done, and for what purpose?

Not many people had purposely exposed themselves to her venom before...

"It... leaves no trace. Tissue infected by it doesn't seem to be damaged at all, yet the feeling of numbness and tingling is undeniably there. People i've tested it on in the past have said... it feels like their very essence is being drained away. The weird part is, no one knows how it works. It just... does." It was true; her venom had been studied by various shinobi, and none of them had a definitive answer for how it did what it did. If Shinji's resistance didn't completely render her venom ineffective, he'd feel a sensation of strange tingling as the affected area began to numb, and his very chakra would seem to leak from his body as the venom took hold.

"...Why would you do that though? Even if you wanted to test it on yourself, there were safer ways..."
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Her comments about the prisoner and his style washed over him. He no longer had any interest in that man, his attention was firmly fixed on Aiya and her poison. He felt a peculiar sensation as the venom flooded through his veins. His body began absorbing the substance immediately, breaking it down, testing hundreds of specialized antibodies in miraculously efficient sequences. Shinjiro’s body was unlike any other, a one in a million success rate of combined surgical procedure, ritual practices and a lifetime of exposure to toxins and IIjutsu. He was not only immune to toxins and poisons, natural or artificial but he could break them down to the smallest detail and replicate them within himself. But there was something different about this one, he could feel his body struggling to fully break down and replicate the substance. But neither did he feel any adverse effects from it. ‘No beast nor man bred life to this concoction, the taint is unmistakable, such corruption, reborn anew’ the old shamen spoke within his mind the words echoing through him and tingling like a cold liquid through his veins.

Shinjiro did his best to make sense of the words. Vorashu rarely offered any insight, whatever this was had been something magnificent to pique his interest. Slowly the substance began to resonate within him, seemingly finding some balance after Vorashu’s chakra leaked through. Breaking down the venom gained a sense of understanding about how to utilize it if nothing else. Slowly Shinjiro’s own blood and saliva became infused with it. “What is this?” he pondered, mulling over the strange sensation that flooded through him. The presence throughout his body felt vaguely familiar, the same icy coldness he felt when Vorashu spoke to him. “You’re not a Jinchuuriki are you?” he wondered, he had no idea how or why but her poison seemed to have some sort of spiritual connection. He smirked, though his mind was still reeling from this strange revelation as he tried to piece together the parts that still eluded him. “I’m quite skilled enough to not strike anything vital or debilitating” he stated smugly, with perhaps a hint of disdain for his judgment and methods being questioned in such a way. Slowly he removed his hand to show that the bleeding had already clotted, only a few drops stained his thumb and wrist which he licked clean one after the other. He considered giving the girl a taste of her own poison, though he could feel it had been empowered significantly within himself, though through connection to Vorashu or his own body's limits he was unsure.

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Aiya tilted her head as he didn't seem to actually be struggling with the effects of her venom. More importantly, he didn't seem to be experiencing it's effects at all, by her observation. That was definitely a first. "Wait... why aren't you feeling it? Or are you just hiding it?" She studied him closely as his body broke down the venom, analyzing it down to it's chemical composition, and when he looked at her with utter confusion, asking her about some word she had never heard, she too responded with confusion. "Jinchuuriki? What's that?" Her confusion would no doubt make clear to Shinjiro that she was, in fact, not host to any form of spirit.

The licking of the blood was admittedly disgusting, but she was more curious about her venom essentially being broken down and analyzed. "Look, I've never felt the effects of my own venom, Shinjiro. As far as I can tell I'm immune to it, I mean I swallow it literally all day. I've tried putting it into my own blood before, and nothing happened. All I have are the accounts of others who have experienced it, and anyone who's ever analyzed it in Konoha has been dumbfounded. Why are you so curious about some venom? You're starting to weird me out a bit."

She was starting to get creeped out by all this analysis, she was just out here practicing with her shields and suddenly she was getting the 4th degree on some venom. "Usually it's the spider stuff that people get curious about... I've never been grilled so hard about my venom. Are you really not feeling anything at all?"
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:59 pm

The young man smiled proudly at her dumfounded expression upon his distinct lack of reaction. “Promise you won’t tell?” he asked, extending a pinky for emphasis, it seemed he had returned for the time being to his more light-hearted and whimsical demeanor. Stroking his ego was a good way to bring out his kinder, more boyish side though if she had learned anything it should be to not cross him in any way. “Poisons are a specialty of mine, my body can adapt to any toxins I experience…and even replicate them” This was one ability he had never revealed in any of his previous tournament showings, and even in combat anyone that had seen his replication in action had died shortly after. It was a dangerous secret to be privy to. If word got out, he knew who to hunt down and kill, and peace or not he held no reservations about seeing a threat made good on.

He assessed her reaction to being asked about Jinchuuriki, sometimes it was easy to forget that shinobi from other nations were often oblivious to such things. “You wouldn’t lie to me, would you?” he had ways of being absolutely sure she was being forthright, but this wasn’t the place for such measures, typically simple intimidation and reading the sound of her heartbeat and body language was enough. “Your poison feels like it has a spiritual influence, a powerful one” he emphasized. He couldn’t be sure that it was another Genma’s influence. He had never met the host of the Soul Genma before she was killed, but he knew he was onto something with his hunch. He could feel it. “Is that so?” he considered, was it possible she had the same ability as him? No, she had a connection to spiders through some means, if it wasn’t a spirit then it was a body augmentation of some kind. If it was infused in her genetics and she produced it naturally then it made sense she would be adapted to it. But that still didn’t explain why it was so much weaker when she produced it. “It feels different now, stronger, changed within me..” the young man chuckled sinisterly, that’s right, her spider transformations. He had been meaning to try that himself. “I feel…good” his voice dropped lower as green chakra swirled around him, he didn’t need to activate his Genma cloak form, so he simply surged forth a large amount of his raw, green-tinted chakra.

He wasn’t sure he could fully replicate her transformation. There were so many aspects of it, and he hadn’t been able to study them each in any kind of depth. Instead, he focused on the qualities that seemed most advantageous to him. Thick black hairs began to sprout from his body, visible across his exposed hands, arms, legs and even his neck. Two large fangs, fashioned in the proper style of spider mandibles sprouted from his upper teeth and then came the arms, four of them, quite large and imposing, a glossy black with hair around the joints. Throughout all of this his bat wings remained, giving him an unnatural and sinister appearance. “Oh, I like this” he considered, his new arms flexing and clacking their pincer like ‘hands’. “Allow me to return your gift” he sneered, mandibles stretching and twisting. Though it might seem like he intended to bite her he didn’t want to risk hurting her too badly or leaving distinct evidence of an attack, instead, his left hand snatched up her wrist, pricking her in what would only feel uncomfortable though his hairs were thick with sweat which in turn was brimming with the venom he had stolen from her and enhanced. It would enter her bloodstream quickly and both of them would learn together the full power of this now temporarily shared venom.
Jutsu TrainedShow
8-Legged Freak
B-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
Channeling chakra through his body, Shinjiro will thick grow bristly spider hairs from every part of his skin, each hair follicle is wiry and thin enough to prick skin on contact, releasing his sweat into their body through many glands. In addition, Shinjiro will develop a set of sharp mandibles from his mouth as well as grow four spider arms from his torso, each growing up to 3 meters in length. These spider arms are able to grab things in their pincer grips, scale walls with ease and even wield weaponry.

Poison Used:
200+ stats: Total Paralysis throughout body, -2 Chakra Pool per post for 6 posts. Cured by S rank antitoxin / Iijutsu

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Aiya was feeling such a conflict of emotions right now... shock. Awe. Fear. Anger. But most of all, that damn curiosity that her clan was so well known for. As the man spoke, he shifted between being so light hearted and downright intimidating so frequently that she felt like she was getting whiplash keeping up with the man's personality changes. "... You said you can replicate my venom? I don't know whether to be fascinated or pissed. I feel like you've used me..." As she spoke, the content of her words would show frustration and anger, but the way she said them betrayed her utter fascination. Just who was this guy, that could replicate her venom and sprout strange wings from his back? And that apparently wasn't the worst of it... It was going to get a lot freakier.

"I probably should be lying to you, given where you hail from. But no, I have no idea what a Jinchuuriki is, and I know next to nothing about spirits. But I can say that my venom has been analyzed by many high ranking officials within Konoha, and I figure if there was some kind of spiritual influence that would've been identified at some point." She crossed her arms again, cocking her hip out in minor annoyance, but she couldn't help but feel at least somewhat happy that the man was sharing something with her finally. He was immune to venom and could replicate it. He could sprout wings. And...

He just stole her transformation.

Her eyes blinked a few times in utter bewilderment as the man started to look very much like the Ibakuro clan's form, yet still with the wings? "Okay, that's by far the strangest thing I've seen. How in the world... can you do that?" Before she got an answer, the man darted towards her intent on showing her something. She wasn't able to fight back obviously, but a part of her was so curious... the hair pricked her skin, and the sweat entered her body. "...I don't know what to expect. I... I've never felt such a mixture of fear and fascination. Anticipation and dread." It would take a small time to take effect, but she could already feel something beginning to stir within her...
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:28 am

Shinjiro smirked mischievously at Aiya's feeling of betrayal. He was beginning to gain a greater sense of her curiosity and naivety though there was actually something rather charming about her "Of course I did. You and I have a lot in common, if you were a Kiri shinobi I think I might make you mine" he considered. He didn't mean in any kind of sexual sense, simply that he would treat her as a convenient tool to experiment with in combat.

She seemed to be genuine in her lack of knowledge and so Shinjiro simply hummed lightly in consideration. It wasn't his job to teach shinobi of another nation. He had got what he wanted from her already and given her a slight hint into the origins of her power. What she did with that clue was up to her.

The young man smiled, his vibrant green eyes against his honey brown hair often gave him a youthful and friendly appearance when he was masking his true violent nature. "I'm a man of many talents, I can also replicate your genetic code and steal your physical traits" he lied, given what he displayed already he was sure that it would seem convincing. She didn't have to know all the details and he did quite enjoy messing with the young and naive girl from Konoha. "Well, what do you feel?" He wondered. Venoms typically had an onset time before they properly took hold, watching her closely he could already begin to tell her muscles were beginning to twitch and sieze. The paralysis would soon spread throughout her body, this aspect was not unlike the poison that ordinarily ran through his fluids. It was the other aspects however that he was curious to learn how they manifested.

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am

Aiya looked over his form a bit closer as the venom made it's course through her body. She figured she probably had a few moments to speak before the venom set in, so she'd use the time to make a few observations about his mimicry of her form. "Well it's not entirely accurate but it's incredibly close. There's no Chitin, and you don't have the extra eyes like I do. But in contrast, my hairs can't puncture flesh like yours do, so I guess it's an even tr-" A moment later, mid sentence, the girl felt something strange... like her body was rebelling against her, she tried to flex her fingers around the area of contact but no matter how she struggled it wouldn't flex. Her fingers just sat there, and she began to panic as the feeling spread through her arm into her body. "Oh god, this feels so... bad..."

She had to sit down against the nearby tree, and she barely had time to do that before the paralysis set in, spreading through her body like a wildfire. And then came the 'draining' sensation that everyone told her about... it felt awful. Truly, horribly awful. Like her very life force was being sucked away from her, leaking from her body like a gaping wound. "Wh... what... is..." She could barely get the words out, even her jaw was locked. It wasn't painful really, she expected there to be more pain associated with the feeling. But compared to the emptiness she was feeling, the sensation of her essence flowing out of her body like an open faucet, she'd prefer some pain. It was worse, so much worse.

Was this how she died? Was this how she would end up killing other people? Her venom at current was nothing according to those she had spoken to. It caused some minor tingling and a slight draining feeling, but she felt like her life was about to die. It was excruciating... Was this what her venom would end up becoming?
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Shinjiro grumbled as the girl pointed out the flaws in his mimicry. He hadn’t expected to replicate every detail on his first attempt and so focused on the aspects he felt confident in. Still, the armor would be useful especially if he could still produce the hairs through it. “I’ll work on it some more, tweak a few more things here and there” he huffed in amusement, “I do tend to overlook defenses” he realized, the young man always favored evasiveness and offense but his lack of armor in most of his forms had nearly cost him his life on at least one occasion. It would serve him well to maintain some kind of defense in each of his favored transformation combinations. The eyes however seemed more a liability than anything, additional weak points though certainly, the intimidation factor was worth some fun. Still, he didn’t feel the need to copy her form exactly, as always, he picked up traits here and there from his observations of others and blended them to suit his own preferences.

He smiled kindly, with a sinister look in his eyes as the effects of the venom set in. “Oh good. It does work on you!” he realized, nearly gleeful. There were a few simple pleasures in life that even someone as detached as him could find enjoyment in. The irony of killing someone with their own techniques was one such pleasure. Whether it be copying someone’s unique transformation, striking down Tea country samurai with Iaido or injecting someone with their own venom it brought much more satisfaction than simple assassination. That moment of realization, and acceptance that they had been truly bested in the same way they had done to others was a type of final catharsis he was delighted to provide.

The girl slumped against a tree and a few nearby onlookers seemed to raise some concern. Despite even his monstrous appearance, spider arms, bat wings and his pair of Katana across his back the young man smiled and waved innocently, not in the least bit concerned about hiding their interaction. This confidence and lack of any visible injury or hostility seemed to dissuade any sort of action, at least for the time being. Shinji kneeled in front of the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder and keeping her stable against the tree. His other hand moved to examine her pulse and her eyes, he was no medical shinobi but he understood the body quite well in order to know precisely how and where to strike to kill, cripple or simply injure an opponent. So too did he understand intimately how many strains of poisons and diseases functioned, having first-hand experience of dozens of conditions throughout his childhood when he was used as a test subject in order to teach his body how to effectively fight such conditions. “Full body paralysis, extreme lethargy, chakra drain…” he steadily applied pressure with one of his spider legs against her ribs, noticing no reaction in her eyes. “Hmm, dulled pain receptors. A useful poison for target elimination though lacking in interrogation potential” he smirked, noticing the fear in her eyes. Even when paralyzed one could always express themselves through their eyes to some extent. “I’d give you…maybe five minutes, ten at most before this kills you. You’d need quite a skilled medic to concoct an antidote fast enough, probably not even possible in time without a sample of the venom in its pure form.” He considered casually, all the while his body was already breaking down the poisons within his own fluids. Soon there would be no sample left at all.

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 pm

She wished she had the ability to spit at the man for how much pleasure he was taking in her suffering. The longer it went on, the worse she felt, and the closer she felt to death. Already her vision was beginning to blur, her hearing becoming dull as tinnitus set in, her mouth felt dry and crackly... And all the while her body was locked in place by this overwhelming sensation of death. Yet, if Shinji investigated at all, he'd find that her muscles, organs, bones, tissue of all kinds... were perfectly fine. Not an ounce of damage done to her physical form at all, as if there was no actual reason for her to be experiencing these symptoms. Truly, Aiya's venom was the strangest, most unique concoction either of them had ever seen.

But there was still the fact that she was dying. As she looked up to Shinjiro, her eyes fluttering as the decay of her venom took a deeper hold of her body, a tear crawled it's way down her cheek. How she wanted to scream, to rage, to cry, to beg... She could do none of these things. All she could do was sit there and wait for the end. After all, it wasn't as if this man could neutralize her venom; unless he was a master Iijutsu user, she was doomed.
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:48 pm

As the seconds ticked on and Aiya’s life grew closer to an end, Shinjiro felt as her body continued to weaken. Leaning in he listened to her breathing and heart rate while he probed with his fingers, feeling her organs to determine how exactly the venom killed. This is where he began to grow truly interested. The other qualities: paralysis, chakra drain, death were all effects of his various poisons but the way in which they were conveniently tied into one with this venom was truly remarkable. He found himself tempted to utilize it permanently, and he still might though it would take practice to reproduce it again consistently. It would be something to mull over certainly. In the meantime, he continued to examine the girl so that he could understand how it worked to the best of his abilities, that was essential in order to reproduce it from memory. Interestingly it didn’t act like a spider venom at all, her breathing and heart rate were slow but not erratic or strained, her organs neither nor swollen and there was no damage at the injection site at her wrist. In fact, she wasn’t even sweating. “Hmm, now that’s unusual. A poison that truly kills without a trace. That is valuable…and unique” he considered, that was something he could definitely utilize to great effect. He didn’t take on assassination missions as often as he used to as a young teenager, but it was still forefront on his mind and a family specialty.

He considered what Vorashu hinted at before, that it wasn’t a naturally occurring poison. Though it was impossible for him to say exactly what kind of spirit it was linked to or how it came to manifest in Aiya. All he could do was assess her physically and understand how the poison felt and acted. Whatever it was, he was able to utilize it as well as neutralize the poison within himself. Perhaps the spiritual aspect of it was resisted due to him being a Jinchuuriki but that too was merely speculation. He was no research scientist after all and didn’t care to study it too extensively. “You’re really not doing well, are you? I bet you’re wondering why I haven’t called for help…it wouldn’t do you any good, they won’t be able to save you, not from something like this” he stated softly, feigning some sense of sympathy but in reality he was completely numb to her suffering, he felt nothing at all, no sense of remorse or empathy. The closest emotion was that persistent sense of power holding someone else’s life in his hands as well as his curiosity, and perhaps even gratitude that he was able to find some entertainment in testing out her own poison on her.

Of course, Shinji knew the terms of this international event, he couldn’t exactly let her die here. Though it would be quite difficult to prove anything was his doing. There was no physical evidence after all, and he could easily feign attempting to save her before she ultimately passed away. He looked into her eyes, staring blankly as the tear rolled down her face. He could see she wanted to live of course; despair, hopelessness and regret at ending up like this. He had seen those emotions in his victims dozens of times, the ones he tortured and broke. By the end they almost always wished for death and if he had a mind to and enough time, he was sure he could bring Aiya to that point as well, but alas that was not his task here. “Well, I suppose it would be unsportsmanlike to let you die here. You still have some fight in you, maybe you can teach that Ico brat to use his head for once” he considered. With that, he would begin to draw out the venom from the girl’s body with one hand while simultaneously injecting antivenom produced within his body with the other. The relief would begin to flood through her after a minute or two though it wouldn’t return any of her chakra and no doubt it would take quite a while for the chilling brush with death to leave her completely.

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:14 pm

She already knew it worked without a trace, it was that fact which had boggled the analysts in Konoha for so long. None of them could tell her how her venom worked, but no one could deny that it did, leaving them stuck with questions and no answer. She also knew that, no matter how good the medics here were, there was no way they'd be able to neutralize her venom before she succumbed to it. So this was it, she was really going to die, a victim of her own unique power... what an Irony. But, as fate would have it, Shinjiro's ability wasn't just to copy venoms; it was to neutralize them. As he sucked the remaining venom from her body, he flooded an antivenom into her as well. And sure enough, slowly but surely, the effects of her venom would weaken.

"...You're... a Bastard... you know that?"

She finally managed to get it out, the feeling of fury she had been feeling for the past minute or so. It'd be a few more moments before she was back to full movement capability, and longer still until she got her chakra back... Plus, she could already tell this man was far out of her league. But gods, she wanted to split him from end to end with her naginata... "I think we're done here..." Aiya made clear she didn't want to deal with the man any longer. He had given her an insight that she could never have had without her, but the sadistic glee he took in the moment made clear she couldn't trust the man. This was what she had always been warned about with Kirigakure ninja...
Active Characters

Izanagi

Spider meets Spider

Post by Izanagi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:31 am

Shinjiro chuckled at the girl’s comments, he could always appreciate tenacity and in this case, it was certainly a well-deserved statement. “I might have heard that a few times before” he teased lightly, still thinking nothing of this encounter. Bringing others to the brink of death, or even ending lives on a whim was just another day for him. Still, he didn’t dislike this girl, in fact he very much hoped to see more of her clan and even fight her properly once she got stronger. Somewhere that he wouldn’t be so heavily scrutinized so he could really have some fun with her and test the extent of her will to live. Perhaps they could continue to learn and grow from one another. A mutually beneficial arrangement, that’s how he saw this encounter thus far.

He took a step back as she struggled to stand. He wouldn’t insult her pride further by offering to help her up. Slowly his spider features retracted, seeming to absorb themselves back into his body, though interestingly his clothes were not ripped where the arms had emerged. One of the mysteries and benefits of chakra and his protrusions being able to meld with his clothing and manifest or diminish at his whims. “There’s just one more thing I want to try” he insisted as he stood with her, leaning in as he posted one arm past her against the tree. “Don’t be scared, I won’t hurt you” he assured with a sinister smile as his green chakra flared to life around him and his hair began to grow longer and twist into braids. “For your time and patience” he stated, his voice notably deeper, a sinister echo following his words. Within, Vorashu laughed, a haunting cacophony melding the cawing of crows, shrieks of monkeys and laugh of hyenas overlayed atop one another. ‘The welp scurries in the mud, fumbling blindly’ it mocked him as Shinji attempted to manipulate Vorashu’s chakra into a type of power he had never yet utilized. ‘I know you can do it, create life, animals. That is what you’re always going on about isn’t it? Creator of all the animals that walk the earth, show me then. Show me the power you hold’ Shinjiro pleaded, for once swallowing his pride and asking the Genma to guide him.

Vorashu was downright boastful that Shinji would humble himself so. ‘You waste my power, foolish, selfish human. Even this…trivial, insignificant. Behold the smallest fraction of my greatness’ the Genma indulged, relishing in the opportunity to display a new dimension to its powers. There was so much more that it was capable of. Creating a mere spider was pitifully easy though it was at least a step towards something greater than simple transformations of one’s own body. Shinjiro felt Vorashu’s guidance flowing through him, green chakra swirled around his outstretched right hand and at this point several onlookers began approaching, some even calling out asking if the girl was okay. The locals were not to keen on trusting Kiri shinobi after all, and Konoha were close allies of this land. Before anything could escalate too far however Shinjiro achieved his goal. Within his palm a lifeform emerged, molded together from primal, ancient chakra. The small glossy black spider was very much real and would not simply disperse after a time like most chakra creations. It would live until killed unless Shinjiro were to will it so in order to control other creations. “A gift, a fitting spider for you. Trust me or not this creature is innocent” he stated simply, reaching out and letting it crawl onto her as his chakra cloak dispersed and his wings flared out, flapping powerfully and sending a strong gust of wind all around as he launched himself high into the air. “Until next time Aiya” he bid his farewell from above, flying off and leaving her with the creature. He would make no effort to retain control over the spider and dominate it with his will. It would be free to live as any other creature and what happened to it, whether Aiya killed it or utilized it herself were of no consequence to him but the opportunity was hers to explore.
Jutsu TrainedShow
Form 2: In their base form, the hosts limbs will begin to appear longer as the sickly green aura continues to grow off their body. Their hair will continue to grow and form into thick braids. In this form, they are able to use Kaerujutsu, based on their Mastery stat, which involves spawning live animals from themselves.

Black Widow
B-Rank Genesis Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 2
Drawing on the powers of Vorashu, Shinjiro is able to conjure a completely alive and functional black widow spider. The glossy black spider is typically created female and is about 1-2 inches in length with a distinct red hourglass marking on its abdomen. Despite being far physically superior to naturally occurring black widow spiders those created by Shinjiro share the standard effects of their potent venom induced by their bite.
  • 1st post: pain/swelling around bite, sweating, elevated heart rate
    2nd post: pain and muscle spasms throughout the body, difficulty breathing, erratic heart rate.
    3rd Post: blurred vision, extreme nausea and pain/convulsions throughout the body
    4th post: effects continue, if target has less than 20 Endurance they will pass out.
    5th Post: If target has less than 15 Endurance they will die, above that effects of the poison will run their course.
  • Chakra Pool: 10
    Control: 1
    Endurance: 15
    Strength: 22
    Speed: 27
    Willpower: 5

TyDie

Spider meets Spider

Post by TyDie » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:47 am

As more and more feeling returned to Aiya, she worked to stand, though her breath was labored and her legs were wobbly. She was about to push off the tree and make her way back to the town, but before she knew it the man was inches from her now, not pinning her to the tree but keeping her back to it while his hand pressed against the tree behind her head. "You're testing me, Shinjiro..." She practically growled at him, knowing full well she couldn't actually oppose him physically but still, she couldn't just lay back like a submissive pup and take it without a little bark. The cloak of energy surrounding him confused and astounded her as well... She knew who he was now, but what was he that he could do all of this?

However, as the man's chakra flowed into his hands, she turned to look and in his hands was... a spider. A Black Widow specifically, the very same form that her body took while she manifested her spider blood. The creature crawled onto her arm as it scurried down the tree, as if drawn to the blood within her veins; a natural affinity for spiders, most Ibakuro shared. And then, with a few more words and a powerful flap of wings that tussled her hair, the man was gone into the sky. "...What the hell was all that?" She shook her head, and the resulting dizziness from the shake caused her to fall over on to her butt. A few people came to check on her, but she waved them off stating she was fine. As she held up her hand, she saw the little spider Shinjiro had left her with weaving webbing along her hand.

"... Even if you were a trap, I can't bring myself to kill a little girl like you. You're beautiful..."
Active Characters

Return to “1st International Chuunin Exams”