The Cursed Ring Toss [Closed]

An international hub and place of refuge for any who visit. Steam Country is home to Amegakure, a bustling city that is arguably the closest thing in the world to the size of any of the great Shinobi villages. Shinobi activities are strictly forbidden within Steam Country, but shinobi are welcome to conduct personal business here.
Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:34 pm

The festival of The Steam was nothing more than fascinating. Tenzin was there to enjoy the festivities. It was rare that the Anbu Agent was given time to genuinly enjoy himself. As the young man was walking through the festival games and food stands, an older man who was slightly out of shape and balding held a very colorful game stand. The stand had several bottles all put together; the bottles themselves seemed awkwardly shaped. Tenzin gave the booth a quick look, but this gave the host an opportunity.

"Come one come all! Make 3 ring tosses in a row and win a prize! Anyone willing to take on this treacherous challenge??? Oh you there! The white haired ninja, I bet this game will be no sweat for someone like you. Why don't you take a couple throws in. If you get three, I'll give you a reward!"

Tenzin looked around the small strip mall and realized that the man was speaking outward to him. While looking to his left, he swiftly snapped his head towards the ring toss booth. The Anbu Agent swung his legs forward and made his way to the booth. His turquoise eyes stared down the host.

"Fine, I will give it a shot."
He said stoically.

The man who was hosting smiled and simply couldn't hold his excitement. He so excaticly offered a free round to the shinobi.

"How about you get a few tries! Here are two rings, take your best shot!"

The shinobi used his left hand to grab the two rings offered to him. He held his left hand out with the rings and used his right hand to grab them. With a cocked elbow, Tenzin threw the first disc like it was a frisbee. However, the first one missed completely. In frustration, the shinobi took a couple extra seconds to focus on the last one he had. With a calculated throw, Tenzin aimed for the middle. He figured even if it missed, it had a higher probability of landing any other bottle around it. This time the ring went around the bottle, but spun out and landed on the ground. Frustrated, Tenzin put his hand on his chin. Was he really going to fall victim to such a plunder in order to preserve his pride?
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBanin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:09 am

The Frog finally had some time to himself. Most of the holiday was busy, booked with meetings with dignitaries from other countries, giving speeches as a representative of the minor country folk, or sitting in on speeches given by other representatives. The life of a Shogun was a busy one, and so he had to take the time to enjoy himself while it was still possible.

He didn't need to disguise himself, even though he was very well known and tall enough to pick out of a lineup, his body language alone made most people overlook him unless he was purposefully drawing attention to himself. This had been the first proper festival he'd been to since before the war, and the same was probably true for a lot of the refugees that now called themselves Steam Country, which meant that most people were too busy enjoying themselves to take too much notice of the gangly limbed leader lolling lazily through the road.

It was fortune in such a crowd that Fuhen had heard the call for the ring toss game, and wound his way over at the same time as Tenzin. The Shogun took note that the man performing the task was a shinobi of the leaf, and watched the boy silently with a childlike glee in his gaze. Such carnival games were one of the primary ways he'd made personal money to fund his travels in his youth in between bigger payouts from bounties. He wanted little more in that moment than to take the rings from the shinobi and trounce the game as he had hundreds of times before.

All the same, he waited patiently for the boy to finish, expecting him to succeed based on his technique... When the ring bounced off! Fuhen glared. Not everyone who ran this game cheated, but he knew a scam when he saw one. He resolved even harder to show up the man running the stall, when he had an idea...

"Oi! Go easy on the lad, eh? He's a clutz, at least give him the good rings for that price! " The stall tender looked confused at first, but then caught on, thinking he had someone helping him run the game. He pulled out three new rings, and Fuhen took them, inspecting them closely, and silently getting a little bit of palm sweat on them, making them Hitodama. "Ah, yeah lad, these are the good ones, trust me! Throw 'em nice and high, an' I guarantee they'll go in!" He winked at the younger boy slowly reaching out to hand him the rings, and palm him enough Ryo out of sight to cover the cost of the game. The stall runner looked cocky.
jutsuShow
Hard Work Style 💢 Promising Soldier
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Despite being full of limitless potential and filled with vigor, Fuhen appears as nothing more than your average man in all aspects. This 'technique' implies that nothing about Fuhen's body language portrays that he is a trained/experienced killer, and everything from the way he walks to how his chakra appears to casual observers reinforces the idea that he is, if anything, clumsy and likely incapable of fighting. This is most useful in passing himself off as nothing special, putting most into a false sense of security, though with minimal effort Fuhen can break out of this technique to reveal his true self.

Hard Work Style 💢 Honor Among Thieves
A-Rank Taijutsu Manuever
This technique allows Fuhen to 'infect' other pieces of equipment besides those he owns, allowing him to control them with his Shogun ability. To do so, he must put bodily fluid, whether it be blood, sweat, or otherwise on the piece of equipment, soaking it into the item. One post after doing so, as long as Fuhen's Willpower is greater than or equal to the opponent's Willpower, he will be able to fully control the equipment as if it were "Hitodama" per his Shogun ability for the next four posts.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:15 pm

The stoic looking shinobi was dumbfounded by the rings. In a matter of seconds a loud man arrived next to him to get some more rings for him. His face and voice seemed relatively familiar, but he simply couldn't place it. Tenzin watched on as the man held the rings and gave it his stamp of approval. With lack of expression the anbu agent listened to the formally dressed man.

When the rings were placed in his hand, the shinobi moved his left hand over his green jounin vest where his right shoulder was. He held it tightly and winded is right arm a little bit in a way to warm it up. In one motion, he put his left arm to his side while taking a look at the bottles. "I'll give it a shot..." he said while focusing on the bottles. Holding the 2 rings with his palm, he flung the first one at the bottles located in the middle. Tenzin then used the momentum of swinging his hand back and forth to hit to the left and the right. The rings flung in the air for what seemed like at the same time.

Without realizing it the rings flew to their respected bottles, Tenzin was shocked to see them all stick to the bottles perfectly. However, the man at the stall was more shocked than Tenzin. He looked at the bottles then at the two men. He tried to quickly transition his look to excitement although it was a faux look. This look would be something both the Shogun and Anbu Captain could pick up rather quickly.

Tenzin turned and nodded to the formally dressed man, before he could give his thanks the booth host decided to double down. "Well Well Well! What a show! How about this, since you two are now working together. If that man standing next to you can hit 5 more! I'll double the prize. The Jackpot is 10 drink tickets at the local bar down the road. What do you say?" His menacing smile couldn't be hidden either as he was looked at the man next to Tenzin. There was something had up his sleeve... or at least he thought.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:34 am

Fuhen was, of course, well pleased with himself. Showing up carnival hosts had become a tertiary job for him in his travels, and the situation reminded him of his youth in a way, and in a way it only fired him up more that he was being directly challenged by the ringmaster himself. "Ooh, I dinnae know, ah'm not especially good at these games..." Which was a bald-faced lie, of course, even if he didn't have experience in this particular game, you didn't reach a level of bodily control like Fuhen did without bending reality with your body a little.

"Ahh, ye insist? Well, I suppose drink tickets do sound nice... Five rings sure is an awful lot!" The Frog pretended to look concerned for a moment, before slowly taking the five rings from the host. He weighed them in his hands. They were even more off-balance than the previous sets, all of their weight focused on one point making it nearly impossible to throw them straight, likely specially made to throw off shinobi guests like Tenzin. He almost felt bad, but a cheat deserves a cheat, he thought to himself, lining up his shots.

The first one he tossed vertically, like he'd instructed Tenzin to do earlier, smacking the top of one bottle before bouncing to land on the one just behind it. "Ooh, ah'm a natural!" The Frog declared, using his Shogun ability to control the path of the next couple of rings as well, until there was just one left. The ringmaster was grinding his teeth and redfaced as the Shogun lined up the last one. "Ooh, this one feels off, I dinnae if'n I kin make it..." He said dramatically, swinging his arm back and forth, and finally letting the ring fly...

He let it go purposefully too late, smacking against the wall behind the bottles and bouncing off, and with a little assistance from his sweat, the ring flew across the street, smacked the opposite wall, and came back to land feather soft on the direct center bottle, a sequence of events that made the booth vendor jump for joy, and then rip some of his own hair out. "Ooh, lookit that luck!" He said, slapping a palm on the back of his Shinobi friend's shoulders, leaning over unnaturally far to grab the drink tickets off the table. "Ah guess we 'ave t'go enjoy ourselves now. Better luck next time!" He called, leading the Konoha boy away as he waved over his shoulder at the ringmaster.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:51 pm

The Anbu agent had his doubts. However, he figured something was going on with the rings after he touched them. When the shinobi threw the rings the first time he missed completely... it wasn't until this man had his special way of touching them. This got Tenzin to ponder what was going on. However, he was excited about the free drinks. Nothing is better than free. The nerves were high when the odd speaking man proclaimed that this was his first try at doing it. Fully believing him, Tenzin folded his arms and kept an eye on how the man would treat the rings.

After watching the first throw, Tenzin couldn't help but look at the eyes of the game host. The host was more than worried. It was one of those situations where both men were clearly trying to cheat the system... however, for them to admit to it, would expose the other. The past Sensei watched as the man slung a ring around the area. It was extremely nerve-racking to say the least. The young adult looked over at the smiling man as he grabbed the tickets and motioned for Tenzin to follow.

As the two were walking side by side heading to the bar to cash in these well deserved tickets, he couldn't help but inquire about what he had witnessed. He looked over slightly, but not too much to fully look at him. Tenzin questioned what had happened.

"My name is Tenzin by the way.. what's yours?"

He figured maybe he could get a few drinks in before fully mustering the courage to ask about this technique.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:22 pm

The young Shogun walked side by side with his new companion, counting the drink tickets like they were lottery winnings. He was never strapped for cash these days, but it wasn't about the monetary value of the drinks, but rather that he'd been able to outfox the game master. He'd missed stuff like this, it was nostalgic in many ways, a piece of his youth that was still able to be found despite all that he'd had to go through. As Tenzin finally spoke up, he turned to face him and dramatically stuck his hand out to shake, a firm handshake with probably too much shake and too much hand.

"Iyashii, Fuhen!" He proclaimed proudly, his not-shaking hand sticking a thumb towards his chest. He didn't introduce himself by his title, but of course, why would he? The two were obviously not in a formal setting. As the shaking broke, he led the both of them into the bar, finding them a nice booth to settle down in, and setting the drink tickets on the edge of the table. "So, Tenzin! Judgin' from yer headband, yer one o' them shinobi o' the Leaf, innit?" He said as much with a smile on his face, out of all the hidden villages, Leaf was perhaps the closest in ideology to his own group, even if their hidden nature still put them at some odds to himself.

"Ah'm from the land o' Rivers n' Streams meself, though, it's not called that, these days..." His smile turned sad for a moment, but he caught himself quickly as the bartender came to take their order. "Ah, whatever's made local n' strong!" The Shogun requested, preferring to try something new while he was here, rather than his usual sake.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:02 pm

An overwhelming amount of courtesy was placed upon Tenzin's hand. Something the young shinobi wasn't quite used to. Being raised through the ninja academy and being a part of the Anbu has engrained the practice of non-physical contact. Also, Tenzin wasn't really a big fan of it to begin with. Once in a blue moon he would give the pat on the head or back.. but he hasn't shaken a hand in a while. With a slightly awkward smile, the operative nodded politely as the young man introduced himself. There was something familiar about his name that the leaf shinobi couldn't quite place....

However, his thoughts were fleeting as the man followed the funny talking warrior. They both ended up at the table where they both sat across each other in a booth.
Tenzin had done this a few times before and it ended with some kind of altercation between third parties. Based on the security and the premise of everyone being here, the Anbu Agent felt as though nothing like that would be even remotely possible.

When Fuhen addressed the obvious on Tenzin, he responded in his normal plain tone. "Oh, yes. I guess the headband makes it a little bit obvious. I am a teacher believe it or not." Telling the partial truth never hurt. Tenzin was incredibly interested about this man. People not from the main villages always intrigued him. His newly found love for abilities has peaked all of an inner thirst for more knowledge. With a slight breath the turquoise eyed man looked directly at the one sitting in front of him. "How about you Fuhen, where are you from? What do you do now?"
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:01 pm

The Shogun nodded and raised a pleased brow as the man mentioned he was a teacher. "Ooh! A teacher o' them ninja arts, I take it? Very cool!" He sounded almost like an eager child as the man explained these things. Many of Fuhen's colleagues had an absolute hatred for ninja, but Fuhen was not of the same opinion. A warrior's soul resided in some of them, even if their shinobi nations at large were the cause for the strife the minor countries were going through. It was hard to see past the allegiance and see the person beneath sometimes, but that had been what Fuhen had been doing all throughout his youth, and wishing others would do for him as well.

"Ah'm in the middle o' buildin' an academy, meself! Ahh, dinnae worry, this isnae a recruitment dinner!" He laughed and slapped the table loudly, just in time for the hostess to bring them their drinks. The frog took the glass and looked into it, unsure what it was exactly, before shrugging, downing it all at once, and slamming it back down. "Another!" He said, before turning back to the man across from him. "Ah've already got someone to teach the ninja arts..." He shrugged and sat back deeper in his seat, throwing one arm over the back of the bench seat casually. "Ah, me heart will always belong to River country... But at the moment, I'm helpin' to rule over New Tea Country."

He let that sink in for a moment, not particularly because he felt like he'd dropped a bomb, but more because he wasn't sure what to ask the man next! He seemed an interesting sort, but then again most ninja were. "Ahh, I suppose Ikuto's mostly in charge o' Tea, I look over the... bigger picture, eh?" He grinned widely. "But ah'm sure ye've got plenty o' interestin' teachin' stories to tell! Ahh, best to leave out any war stories given the locale, ya ken?"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:46 pm

The shinobi placed his elbows on the table and weaved his fingers together upright. A position of someone listening intently, something he commonly did when he was in the classroom. Tenzin listened and watched, everything from his facial structure to his body position trying to get a read the man in full. It was one thing to be happy-go-lucky, but the Anbu Agent couldn't tell if this is how he was or if he was hiding anything. Regardless, his back was loose and his over all body position was rather relaxed. An Academy? Must be well established and far along in creating a village of his own.

Tenzin gave a smile when he assured him it wasn't a recruitment. Even if it was they didn't know each other to trust one another, most people of smaller villages who are familiar with shinobi don't trust them.... rightfully so. Before Tenzin could speak up, the man slammed the empty glass down. The young man grabbed his drink. He lifted it up and took a couple sips. Then continued to listen to Fuhen as he continued on about his position and what he did.

The Tea Country? Battles? Fuhen was right when he said to leave out war stories. From what Tenzin could tell, he was simply a seasoned vet. His nonchalant behavior and his actions lead the ninja to believe so. On the other side of the coin, Tenzin was not as laid back. It wasn't his personality, nor would it be something he would ever feel unless absolutely comfortable. In a space with all types of people around it, it would be tough to be fully relaxed. Fuhen truly intrigued Tenzin; this was someone who had a lot of experience. With that in mind, Tenzin decided to continue the conversation. "Helping to rule over Tea Country? That can't be a simple feat. I'm impressed Fuhen, it is one thing to to get power, but more challenging to keep it. I look forward to see the growth of the Tea Country. Hopefully our respected parties will be in good graces so we could enjoy each other's company out side of here." Tenzin finished the sentence and realized he might have been a little too much. That happens sometimes unfortunately. The young man quickly lifted the glass and finished his drink as well. A gesture of good will to show he is enjoying the man's company. He did a small burp and raised his right hand and turned slightly, "another one for me as well."

The ninja turned his head back to look at the Shogun. With a small smile he carefully dismissed his short teaching history. "Oh no, if I told you stories it would only sound like me complaining about my students. It is an interesting task however, teaching the students to defend the village from all threats but try to keep an open mind for others." Before he could finish his sentence the waitress brought the next batch to them and placed each beer in front of the two men. Tenzin finished by telling the Shogun "As a whole the harder part is not just teaching them the physical skills to survive. But guarded openness to others around them. Not just in the village, but outside. Ninja villages don't have the greatest history with showing companionate to other villages, no matter the size."

Tenzin swung his left hand over to grab the beer to take a sip. When he put it back on the table he smiled again while looking at the older man. "I am very currious though... How did you swindle back that shifty game host??" He leaned back picking up the beer once again, but this time with both hands. He showed some slight excitement and eagerness to hear what would technique could allow him to overcome a feat!
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:35 pm

The Shogun smiled warmly at his companion across the table, cupping his drink in both hands and thinking over his own words as Tenzin expressed his light fawning. He hadn't had time to think about it, but it was something he could be proud of himself for. The people of Tea were in a much worse state before he'd arrived and were very quickly flourishing under their new leadership. The Frog hardly had time to sit down and reflect on these things, he'd been so busy during the war, and after.

His father had passed in the early days of the war, his death caused by the kirigakure missing ninja who invaded his home, even if indirectly, and things had been quite a blur since. He'd led a refugee caravan comprising of a large mixture of cultures, those from River country, of course, but he'd picked up more along the way, people from Forest Country, Rice Country, and more had all walked under Fuhen's banner through the war. His father would be proud, he thought, and his mother, still alive, was. The journey had started for them, for his people, but he kept moving his own goalpost, now every minor country person was under his umbrella. Would he ever be done? Would he ever be satisfied?

"The journey has been long and yet it's still far from over." He admitted, taking a drink from his cup, swirling the strong alcohol around for a moment as his own war stories played out in his mind. "The Leaf and Tea are on good terms, for now, even if Takeo is a bit of a..." He caught himself, before finishing the sentence. "Difficult individual." He smiled at the man as if he was part of some inside joke, rolling his eyes a bit. It was politics, and Fuhen wasn't the greatest and navigating those waters. "Ye've got a unique perspective I dinnae think is shared by many 'o yer peers. We willnae 'ave peace in our lifetime, methinks. But we ken make a piece o' peace for the next generation, aye?"

As the conversation took a lighter tone, the Shogun winked at Tenzin. Casually, he'd stick a finger in his mouth, getting a bit of saliva on it, before swiping it across his halfway empty cup. He let it sit for a moment, before taking his hands off the cup. "In the hands of the shogun..." He said, making a calm gesture with his hand, sweeping it over the cup like a magician about to make a presentation. Slowly, the cup would rattle, before rising into the air. "Anything becomes a weapon." His grin widened as he made another wide gesture, the cup starting to float around over the table, the liquid inside staying perfectly still as he put on a show. "And nobody knows how to use weapons better than the shogun!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:28 pm

In the world most people had a complicated past, especially since war was a realistic. Even though it has officially ended, it didn't mean there were still battles continuing to rage on. An unfortunate reality that would be near impossible to end.

Tenzin didn't mind the comment about Takeo, he figured a man like that would be hard to deal with since making Konoha his priority. The man was political when talking about him, as a shinobi of that village, Tenzin appreciated the respect he had. At least enough to not say anything outright. The Agent looked over and gave a slight smile when he corrected himself mid-sentence about the Hokage. Tenzin interjected in a polite way with a smile and a nod to indicate he understood what he is saying. "I can only imagine" he mutter softly, enough for Fuhen to hear.

The Jounin looked over at the shogun and kept eye contact. The idea of peace was based on perspective. This was a topic that Tenzin had taught many times in the past, so he simply nodded in agreement with a short statement of "It could be possible". What drew the young man's eyes was Fuhen lighting up as he began to show off his ability. Tenzin watched in awe as the cup lifted from the table. As a man who in intrigued by different jutsu and abilities, the scientist in Tenzin began to fully unravel. With his right hand lifted from the beer, he closed his fist and extended his pointer finger. Aiming the finger at the cup the excitement couldn't be contained anymore! "No way! You can control what your saliva touches?? That's a horrifyingly thrilling technique Fuhen." The questions were swirling and he couldn't help but ask some of the million questions in his head. "Does it only apply to in-organic objects or could you apply this to organic tangibles like animals and humans? Do you ever fall into any issues with eating? How did you learn this technique??"

In truth, the young lad had never seen anything like this. Nor, has he even heard of such a technique. In short, the Agent was enthralled!
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:13 pm

Chuckling at the childlike wonder and amazement displayed by Tenzin, the Frog swirled the cup around a bit longer before floating it up to his lips, taking a drink before letting it set itself back down gently, hardly a noise made. His abilities were more or less public knowledge, even if most people didn't understand exactly how it worked, but then again, neither did Fuhen. To the best of his understanding, it was just like flexing a muscle, you can't explain how to do it, you just do it. His Grit was so great that nothing could stop him from achieving his goals, not even silly little things like gravity.

He was the only one that knew how to flex these particular muscles, it seemed, and because of that, the amazement from those around him surrounded and made him the living myth, the Shogun. "Hah! It's a real hit with children, too." He flared out his chakra around the affected cup, a burst of flower petals shooting out, before gently floating down, showing off his unique pink chakra. Realistically, he shouldn't be showing off so much to a foreigner, one that could potentially be an enemy in a few years time, especially given their mild agreement on the nature of the war they were still in.

"Suppose ah've never tried on a human, though that seems a bit..." He stopped for a moment, stroking his bare chin once before making a motion like he was throwing it to the side. "Unprofessional?" He phrased it as a question, the right word obviously escaping him. He made another gesture with his hand like it wasn't important enough to worry over. "Thissun I learned... In Fire Country, actually, fighting a giant lizard who nearly killed me an' a friend o' mine... Haha! I suppose it just came to me in a moment of need, isnae something I honed fer years an' years." The shogun brought his hands back down to the table, one picking up his cup of alcohol and taking another mouthful, swallowing it down quickly and gesturing to his companion.

"What about ye, eh? Yew ninja sort are always goin' on an' on about yer million year secret techniques, only fair if'n ye show one off now, eh?"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:26 pm

With the comment referencing that children love his technique, Tenzin realized he had uncharacteristically became more excited. Within a moment he reeled it back in to his normal stoic look. The Anbu Agent even leaned back against the booth to straighten his posture. It was crazy to see a technique like this being performed. Nothing Tenzin had ever seen! It only itched his scientific brain to learn more. Something about watching this technique almost opened a door in his mind. A slight impulse to learn more, but what did that mean? Ask more questions? Perform tests on him? Dissection? It was a brief, but fleeting thought. All of which happened in a mere few seconds before reality struct the young man.

With a slow pace, he grabbed his beer and continued to drink. When the question was reversed on to him, it made Tenzin feel way less experienced. In a way of being humble he smiled slightly. Lifted his hand from his beer and put both of his hands in the air. With a wave motion to indicate a no like message he simply tried to diffuse him showing anything of meaning. "Oh no, nothing I can do would be anything close to as unique as you. I mainly have knowledge of a few elements, but nothing really that supersedes that. Maybe in the future when I learn more I'll owe you a peak into something that may interest you." A simple statement, but could have a few meanings. Depending on the relation between nations it could be done in a way as allies or enemies. As a whole though, Tenzin was truly enjoying his time with the Shogun. While he placed his hands back on the table he continued speaking "However, I mainly deal with elemental ninjutsu, so I really wouldn't be able to show you anything without getting in trouble here." With that he slightly changed his physical position by leaning a little bit to the right, "what I can't believe is that it is almost something natural to you over time. Sounds like it must feel like lifting up your hand at this point. Hopefully your friend was alright after that encounter."

As Tenzin continued, he wanted to indulge in Fuhen's achievements. "Sir Fuhen, I would very much like to visit you in the nation you have built. Who knows, if our nations are in good terms maybe we could schedule some kind of field trip with the youths of our villages." An idea that had been executed in the past. Unity and peace seemed to be the goal of Fuhen, so Tenzin wanted to leave an olive branch for him. Who knows, if things go well they could be the next Sunagakure to Konoha.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:38 am

The Shogun laughed heartily, pounding a hand on the table as Tenzin claimed he had nothing of interest, before picking up his glass once more. "Jus' like a ninja, aye?" He laughed again, silencing himself with a sip of his drink, before making a pretty convincing Tenzin face, and morphing his voice quite convincingly to copy the man's demeanor. "Oowee, ah'm just a wee ninja with mastery over the elements and the grand magic that makes the world go 'round, I sure do 'ave nothin'!" He mocked, bursting into another laugh, and silencing himself once again with his beverage.

"Ahh, perspective, I s'pose. To a small child, liftin' a bushel o' rice is a thing of amazement, to a ninja, why would control o'er flame or wind or what have ye make ye blink?" His smile softened, and another gulp before finishing off his drink, setting it down and motioning for another. He had been quite the heavy drinker in his youth, and it led to a natural resistance towards alcohol as a fully grown man. He leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes as Tenzin spoke of bringing members of his village into Tea.

"The borders o' the Heart Empire are open tae visitors. If'n ye like, I think members o' both our countries could benefit greatly from eh... cultural exchange?" His eyes opened as another drink was set down in front of him, thanking the waiter, and picking up the cold glass. "There's a lot o' anger, especially in the youth of the minor countries. Anger about what happened durin' the great war, ah'm sure ye understand. Mayhaps if a few of 'em can see the villages in peacetime, they'll realize the ninja are just people, aye? Or mayhaps it'll spurn the fire... I suppose it's an important experiment, all the same!"

The Shogun stuck his hand out across the table to Tenzin, drink extended for a toast. "To a long, healthy relationship between our countries, and to the youth!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:42 pm

Tenzin watched on as the funny talking shogun jokingly teased him. It caused the young man to smile a little bit. It had been a while since Tenzin had simply just had a good time. Maybe it was the alcohol, but the main source of endearment was Fuhen. The Anbu agent felt warmth from him, but could also feel the power the resonated by how comfortable he was. The Jounin softly said, "you are a funny one Fuhen". He then continued to listen.

It seemed that the two had ideally very similar interests. They both wanted peace, but not at the expense of sacrifice. Unfortunately, if anything, the recent war had shown that it is simply impossible for that kind of feat. With much of his drink left, the young man watched as Fuhen ordered another drink. The agent stayed quiet and nodded as he spoke about the youth. It seems that one of the higher ups have agreed for a joint trip.

This sentiment split Tenzin to his core. The Jounin Teacher in him would love to bring the future of the village to a place that would grant them a little bit of perspective and culture. On the other hand, he saw this as an attempted opportunity for the Anbu to get an idea of the layout of the village in case things go wrong. With the thought being fleeting, Tenzin smiled as Fuhen lifted his glass to cheer. At the very least, he had hoped that he gained a friend from all of this. Tenzin lifted up a glass and joined his motion of giving a cheers. The glasses clinked and the future was bright... for now.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Return to “Steam Country”