Free Snacks! [Closed]

An international hub and place of refuge for any who visit. Steam Country is home to Amegakure, a bustling city that is arguably the closest thing in the world to the size of any of the great Shinobi villages. Shinobi activities are strictly forbidden within Steam Country, but shinobi are welcome to conduct personal business here.
Texas

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by Texas » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:56 pm

This is the setting....Audience* Akihiko wanted. Although he was heavily instructed to behave, the young boy decided to take it upon himself to have a little fun while he was in the steam country. A place that was filled with all sorts of shinobi and festivities, left the genin breathless. A lot out here that was new and different. For the first time ever, Aki saw different vested ninja, heavily armored samurai, but better yet he smelled extremely new and delicious food.

The boy's golden eyes were bright and wide opened as a sweets cart moved by. "BOY, we should go get some of those sweets. I bet they smell absolutely incredible. Let us grab some, I doubt you have the money. Why not make something out of it?"

Aki raised his right hand and poked his pointer finger in the air. The young child proceeded to pick his nose as he spoke with the Genma in his mind. "I couldn't agree more, but what kind of distraction could we do..."

With ideas racing through his mind, there were a few tactics he had thought of. The ouch you hit me! This one would require Aki to accidentally fall in front of the cart and act as if he was hit by the cart. If he kicked or screamed he could cause enough of a ruckus to blackmail the cart owner. Internally shaking his head, Aki thought of another possible strategy. He could do the classic shoulder tap and swipe. But doing a stunt like that is hard for someone of his stature. Another idea that came across was to use his genma's ability.... however that plan quickly faded when he realized that he actually didn't know much about his Genma.

Before the Genma host knew it, he realized what he needed. Aki needed an accomplice! A partner in crime! But who would be willing or someone he could convince.... Maybe someone close to his age?
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBannin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
MurasakiIwagakure no SatoGenin - [color=#FF8040]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

hobnob

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by hobnob » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:28 pm

The excitement of Steam was beginning to fade. A neutral zone for shinobi was great for older shinobi who lived stead lives of habit. For for the energetic, eager, angry, mischievous, and a little ruthless thirteen year old it was becoming boring. That mischief he could do back at home, he wanted to do here, and the only thing stopping him was the amount of security pumping through the streets. It was really off putting. It was true, streets at home were not so different, after all every shinobi is a member of the security force in a way, but back there they did not care for silly little pranks and crimes.

A loud sigh escaped his lips as Ryot strolled through the streets, exhausted by the boredom. ’Ohh almighty Raijin… Help me with this boredom… give me some kind of sign… He thought as he turned a corner onto one of the busier streets of the village. And not too far from him stood his sign. In the form of a pink haired teenager who donned the Kumogakure headband on his shoulder, with his finger stuck up his nose it looked like he was trying to itch his brain. Ryot froze in place as he eyed the pink haired youngster, ’That was… quick…’ he thought as a moment later his gaze moved from the youngster to what it appeared his gaze was fixed on… the sweet cart.

If this was what it looked like, this day had the potential togo from lame, to adrenaline bursting explosive adventure with an unbelievable sugar RUSH! Thought the youth as he decided to approach the unknown, current and future comrade and find out whether he had a plan in place, was planning it, or whether Ryot had the situation sussed out completely wrong.

’Psst… Hey over here…’ The youth whispered just loud enough for the boy to har him, stood a few feet from him with no attempt at trying to hide.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Texas

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by Texas » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:13 pm

The whisper in Aki's hear caused him to quickly stop picking his nose by flicking his finger forward. Causing a booger to fly forward and in one motion act like nothing had happened. The boy snapped his neck to the side to look at the other child the same looking age as himself. He even had a Kumo headband as well! This means he had to be a year ahead or behind since he didn't fully recognize the boy. "Aww a partner in crime. Akihiko, lets enroll this foot soldier and get those sweets. This cart shop owner won't know what hit him if two of you plan it!"

The annoying child couldn't have agreed more. He nodded in agreement and decided that this was the time. Maybe this kid would be interested in what he had to offer. The pink haired delinquent fully looked at the spikey haired blonde boy. Eager to see his reaction, the Genma host decided to just be blunt. At the very worst it would offer a funny reaction.. at least funny to Aki. He moved his small right hand up to his mouth to hide his words as if he was anticipating someone would read his lips. In a soft tone he whispered to the boy.

"Didn't see you there..... you want to help be steal some sweets? I don't really have any money.... it could be fun."

With lack of awareness, the boy kept it short and sweet. Will this new potential friend answer the call???
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

hobnob

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by hobnob » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:13 pm

Ryoto let out a small chuckle as the boy flicked the booger as if it was completely normal. It must have been for him at least. Not to Ryoto, but he didn't care all the much, it was pretty funny. It must have been a short moment before the pink haired lad turned to him and answered, and for a moment Ryoto stood there thinking about what he was so consumed by mentally. But when he spoke it all became clear, they were of one mind and the cart man would truly not know what hit him. Hopefully they would come up with a plan of action swiftly, and would be eating those delicious looking sweets in no time. Ryoto smiled and nodded; 'I'm in friend, names Ryoto by the way. And you?' Ryoto said before turning to face the cart just like the pink haired lad was just a moment ago. There were a few obstacles in the way, like the sheer crowds in the street, but if they played their cards right, they might be able to use that to their advantage. With the little experience Ryoto had at things like this, he thought it would be best to allow the boy to do the planning.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Texas

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by Texas » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:13 pm

'Perfect small one. What you would need to do now is separate the man behind the cart from the sweets cart. Now to deal with the crowd, you would need to make a scene away from the cart to distract and wondering eyes.' the Genma snickered after, but Aki ignored it. He didn't hate the plan, in fact it was better than what he thought of doing. Only a moment has passed and the pink haired child turned to the boy close to his age. "Love to hear it! My name is Aki, its nice to meet you." After introducing himself, he looked over to the cart and softly spoke hoping that only Ryoto could hear. "I think I got a plan, but I don't know who would do what part. Basically what we have to do is somehow draw the cart owner away from his cart and distract the people to face the opposite direction. This way the other person could grab some sweets and hit the road. We could meet..." He itched his head for a second only for his Genma to chime in 'in the alley down the road', "In the alley down the road. What do you think you are better at?"

It was a simple, yet complicated question. Do genin fully grasp what their specialties are? Aki liked the idea of having a partner in crime, but wanted to also make sure that this somewhat of a stranger could complete the task. By asking, he actually was making sure that they both could fulfil the mission fully. Now what would Ryoto choose?
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

hobnob

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by hobnob » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:31 am

That was a good question. Ryoto knew his physical capabilities, but he has never been in a situation that required attracting attention, whether it being an individuals or a crowds. For a moment he stood, watching the cart owner and the crowd, suddenly he had a flashbulb moment and an idea came to him that may achieve the two objectives in one action, hopefully leaving the pink haired youth with the freedom and enough time to grab as many sweets as he can get. He scratched the back of his head, this maybe awkward, this may have a bit of an impact on the cart owners future sales, but nothing great came with out a cost right?

Ryoto nodded at Aki's instruction of where to meet afterwards, then he came a little closer so that he could whisper to him without the worry of having someone else hear what he had in mind. 'What if... I run a little down the road and begin complaining as loud as I can bout the cart owners products? It may be a little much but it would probably get everyone's attention... What do you think?' After whispering this to Aki, Ryoto turned to face the crowd once more looking for a good spot to perform the deed, as long as Aki agreed to this plan. Hopefully this wouldn't backfire, but anything was possible.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Texas

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by Texas » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:45 pm

'Boy, you see the point of asking the question? You both are not strong enough to do anything right. So at the very least you two can be fully in. Now that he has committed to a role, go with it. Get some of those treats, I won't give your useless mind any more help.' The cold embrace left the delinquent with a chill that ran down his spine. He even gave off a little shiver as it traveled from his head down to his tailbone. This was something he was still dealing with being a freshly crafted Genma Host.

The boy shook it off and looked forward. The shop keeper seemed to be in the middle of the traveled road with shops on either side of him. The walking road was big, people were walking through both sides. Whether they were stopping at the stand still shops or making a quick pit stop at the shop on wheels that had the sweets.

After a few seconds of looking forward at the crowd, the child listened to his new peer and nodded his head. The idea his companion came up with was a solid one. It was more decent than what Aki had come up with. With a devilish smirk, Akihiko turned over to Ryoto. "Oh yeah, that is a great idea. If you could do that, then I could slip by like nothing happened. After I grab a few hand fulls of sweets meet me around the corner. I think there's an alley way near a hat stand we can go to. Once you go up there, I will follow your lead." The boy made his best attempt to keep somewhat quiet to not draw attention. He kept sitting looking away trying his best to not look suspicious.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

hobnob

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by hobnob » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:07 pm

Ryoto watched the youth who seemed to be having a lot of thoughts running through his head. To Ryoto he looked a little intense but eventually he came around and agreed to his ideas. After gaining the directions for their meeting after the deed is done, Ryoto nodded patienty as he scouted the area for a good spot make make himself as visible as possible. Full of hope this would do the trick he took a deep breath and stood up. With a quick few steps he made his way across the street to get away from Aki - the aim was to divert everyones attention away from him, so moving across the street was probably a good thing to do - and eventually onto a little bench which was around fifteen meters way from the target. This was going to be his very first, unofficial, mission. Knowing that his superiors would not approve, the plan further down the line was to keep this between him and Aki. Ryoto smiled as he looked around, he was now almost a foot taller than everyone in the vicinity. Everyone would hear him.

'Oi oi! Listen up!' The youth shouted before taking a brief pause to look around and make sure all the eyes in the area were on him. 'See that guy right there! He stuffs his chocolate bars with dog poo! Do not buy from him!' Continuing as his index finder rose and pointed directly at the man with the stand. 'I bought some from him! Had it! And it was DISGUSTENG! I tried for a refund! But he told me to do one! It's vile!' The youth shouted! Hopefully this provided enough time for Aki to do the deed, among the crowds he could not see the lad, but the target looked at him with pure fury in his eyes. It won't be long until he legs it.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Texas

Free Snacks! [Closed]

Post by Texas » Sun May 08, 2022 8:32 am

Aki watched on as Ryoto gained some distance and made his way to be a distraction. The child appreciated that someone his age was as willing to cause a little bit of mayhem. None the less the child was also from Kumo like him!! Excitement filled the child delinquent as Ryoto started to spew absolute nonsense. The way he was shouting and the topic of which he was shouting about would cause quite a few people to turn and look at him. Since he was in front of the cart a bit away, people were not nearly focused on the pink haired genin.

The child had to be a little bit careful, but he crouched down low and started to make his move. Aki swiftly crouch walked his way to the cart and stole a couple of treats from the cart as the cart merchant was faced the opposite way. He turned his body after grabbing a few treats and crouch walked away a few feet before standing up straight and turning into a full sprint. The child made his way down the street and after a few turns made his way to a small alley way. He slumped down and sat down while leaning he back against one of the walls of the alley way. He excited started to eat on of the treats and when Ryoto eventually got to him, he handed his reward as well. Hopefully no one saw, but based on a failure Aki's pranks have gone someone probably witnessed it.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Return to “Steam Country”