A frog and a monk in the Rain

Fuhen and Genso

An international hub and place of refuge for any who visit. Steam Country is home to Amegakure, a bustling city that is arguably the closest thing in the world to the size of any of the great Shinobi villages. Shinobi activities are strictly forbidden within Steam Country, but shinobi are welcome to conduct personal business here.
Zao

Post by Zao » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:21 pm

The man truly didn't know his way around the different countries, having resided in a single remove country on the western part of the continent his entire life until just recently the shaman often found himself lost and only through interacting and helping the local people, he came across was he able to so slowly gather a blurry picture of how vastly large the world really was. But the place he found himself outside of currently was something completely outside of his comprehension level, a gentle drizzle fell upon the pale skin with its contrasting tribal like tattooing as the old man gazed out at the massive structures of Amegakure. A few weeks ago, while traveling about looking for information of his own he had come across a small caravan of merchants who explained to him that they were heading to the country of Steam, there an annual celebration of the era of peace after the Great War was celebrated.

This honestly stirred up some unsettling emotions within the man's soul, a celebration. Calming his mind the man asked to travel with the merchants who kindly allowed for him to journey alongside them as he was able to experience a few different countries before they arrived at the rainy area within Steam country where the event was to happen. But for a man raised in the forest this place was almost unbelievable to see with his own eyes. "What is this strange place? These people do not respect nature or the spirits. This must be the shinobi's doing..." Genso whispered to himself as he pulled up the hood of his rain cloak to fight back against the droplets of falling cold rain as the merchants soon entered into the city while also explaining to the monk more about the reasoning and how the countries paid reparations to them for the war trampling the country. A tinge of anger flickered through the bald man's mind, but he once more suppressed it as he finally stepped out of the carriage allowing his shoeless feet to sink into the wet streets.

His people were devastated but because of their location no one except a single nation even knew of them, he couldn't help but hold a bit of resentment towards Steam and its people due to them being taken as it caused the man to furrow his eyebrows as he shook his head. With a little money he had earned from helping the merchant troupe during the journey he turned and walked down the damp streets with his calloused bare feet as though the cold rain didn't even both him. There he found a small tea shop where he walked in and greeted the owner politely before taking a set at the small bar area. "Just something sweet please." Holding his hands together like one might in prayer he asked politely as the man's deep voice as he had never really had any tea from this region and was interested in how it compared to the home brewed tea that he used to make from the mountain homeland of his.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:07 pm

The Frog had been spending a lot of time in Steam thanks to the festival, taking part in a lot of political conversations with people from every walk of life and corner of the world. In some ways, it felt like an adventure after spending so much time cooped up in New Tea, and maybe his favorite part, he got to eat out at interesting little diners and bars every night. His fame proceeded him a lot of the time, and some recognized him, but a lot of the time, he was left alone to his own devices as just another traveler here for the festival.

Tonight, he picked a quiet little tea shop, a particular kind that was the same almost no matter where you went, it felt almost like home, and yet you were always a stranger to the few faceless denizens who had wandered in half-drunk off the road. He pushed aside the light curtain gently as he walked in, and raised a lazy hand to the man behind the bar, taking a seat one space away from the other man at the bar. "Just hot tea, ye ken? Some sugar on the side." He said, and noticed the tattooed man out of the corner of his eye, taking his visage in for the first time. "I dinnae think ah've seen someone like ye around Steam, where do ye hail from, friend?"
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:44 pm

The man's tea was place in front of him, the gentle whips of steam rose from the hot liquid as the man placed his hands together and said a few silent words as if offering some sort of blessing for the tea before giving a plot nod to the owner as his tattooed left hand fell onto his lap and the right took the cup in the slender fingers of a craftsman. Genso gently sipped the liquid feeling its soothing warmth flow down through his chest as he let out a gentle exhale. This wasn't too bad, but he couldn't help but miss the homebrew of the mountain village that he'd moved the tribe to before leaving on his journey to dispel the shadow growing within his soul. So far, he'd helped a number of people along the way, and it had shown him that many were affected by the war from the shinobi nations. 'Not to bad...'

As he placed the cup gentle back down onto the polished wood bar another man entered taking a seat a single space away from him, but the monk just gently nodded in welcome to him as he hadn't planned on talking to the stranger. But the other man seemed to have other plans as the strange accent with words that mixed together flowed out of Fuhen's mouth leaving a slightly confused look on the old man's tattoo covered face. "Um..." It took a moment for the man to process the accent that hindered the words as it was a different dialect from his homeland but after a few seconds he smiled revealing a few wrinkles on his aged face. "Greetings."

His hands once more came together, fingers extended and palms meeting as he spoke a simple response back to the man. "I hail from the mountains in the far northwest." To be honest he wasn't really leaving anything out, where he lived had no name as to the forest monk the names of man didn't mean much to his tribe. The forest was the forest, it didn't need additional names or borders as nature was for everyone to live in synch with. "You have a strange accent my young friend." He didn't inquire as to where the man was from but simply made a note of it as he smiled. "This is a strange place for sure."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:57 am

The Frog let out a croaky laugh as the older man next to him speaking on his accent, his hot tea placed in front of him. He thought for a few moments as he took a sip of the hot tea, before setting it back down, and placing far too many spoonfuls of sugar in his cup, one after another. The Northwest? Some considered River country to be in the Northwest, though it was really quite far north. Fuhen had traveled most of the world by now, but River's neighboring country of Lightning was as far in that direction as Fuhen had gone. Of course, he'd been to Water country as well, but much further south.

The man didn't sound like someone from Lightning Country, and certainly didn't look like them either. If anything, his appearance reminded him somewhat of the Rock Country barbarians that he had trained with once upon a time. However, most of his interactions with Lightning Country natives were Shinobi, and a handful of Samurai thanks to Hayate helping in the retreat from River during the war. "Ooh, out past Lightnin'?" He queried, scooting over a seat to be a little closer to the man. "We may near be neighbors! I hail from the land o' Rivers and Streams." He said proudly, jerking a thumb to the patch on his chest containing the kanji for "Iyashii of River."

He took another sip of his tea, shrugged, and continued adding more sugar to it absentmindedly as he tried to make a new friend. "Aye, Steam is... unique." He smiled as he spoke, but had mixed feelings about the place. In some ways, it was the perfect representation of the minor countries. A refugee city made up of so many cultures and different peoples that you would be hard-pressed to talk to one man, walk across the street to talk to another, and not have them originally from different places. Of course, this melding of cultures would change as time went on, the first generation of those too young to identify with any other countries, or those born in Steam were already being raised.

"But it's beautiful, in its own way!" He said, pushing aside the bitterness that came with the existence of the country. A place that could only exist because of the greed of the shinobi. "Ye ken get whatever ye please if'n ye know where t'look! Even bein' so far from home, I'm bettin' ye could probably find a restaurant that makes somethin' like yer maw did!" He laughed, it wasn't hard to find food like his own mother made, because most of the time simple grilled fish and rice were all they had, growing up with few means of their own. "But nobody comes to a city like this for a taste o' home, I reckon, what brings ye? The festival, surely?"
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:37 pm

"Lightning?" As the man mentioned the country by the name of Lightning, the older man tilted his head slightly, expression his confusion as the singular word. At the mention of possibly being a neighbor of his in some strange way, may? It caused for Genso to reach up and scratch the side of his face out of not truly knowing what to say as he didn't know anything about Lightning country really or had ever heard of River country either. As the man made this motion with his left hand turning his gaze back to the cup of teeth setting before him the oversized sleeve slide down revealing the golden chains and beautiful looking orbs embedded within the chains that ran from finger-to-finger across the hand and down the wrist onto the man's tattooed forearms. These chain gauntlets were part of his heritage from his people along with the precious elemental stones emplaced in the chains.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know where either of those places are, my strange friend." The older, more reserved individual couldn't help but be honest with the rather animated stranger who had joined him for tea. "Yes, I would also say that this place is unique." Unique was truly an understatement as the man couldn't help but turn to look out one of the windows as the raindrops battered its large glass pane to see the tall buildings and nonstandard architecture. It was completely different from the rugged mountain landscape that he hailed from with its cold weather and giant evergreen trees that created the majestic and what some may call a magical forest where the spirits protected the forest and its native inhabitant.

"There can be beauty in almost anything." Taking another sip of the sweetened tea, the bald man smiled at the young companion now. There could truly be found beauty in almost anything, especially in nature. As a monk of the forest, it kind of hurt a bit to see so much of it destroyed to make the land upon which this strange and unique city now stood compared to how his people leaved with the land and made it their home. He tried to understand this world in this part of the mainland, but it was complicated and confusing. "It is my first time coming to this place like this, but the group I had been traveling with told me about it, so I had to see what this place was like. There are no cities or towns like in my homeland."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:41 pm

Fuhen quirked a brow. Certainly, it wasn't strange that someone hadn't heard of River Country, their biggest claim to fame was probably boats, and those in the shipping industry would have no reason to know anything about the place. Lightning Country, however, was one of the largest nations, and especially with the ruckus before the great war with their civil war, they were widely known amongst anyone who had ears! Was this man from underneath Rock Country or something? The Shogun sipped his tea, satisfied with it for now, and a sip turned into a gulp before he set it back down.

"Ahh, if'n ye've never seen a place like this, ye should visit Tea Country!" He laughed a bit, taking another drink from his cup before refilling it with the pot provided, starting to add sweetener again. "Well, new Tea Country anyway, down to the south..." He said absentmindedly, thinking about Old Tea Country, just to the east of them, under Water Country control. For how long? Too long, certainly. His freedom fighting would have to bring him there before too long, even if it meant taking on all of Kirigakure no Sato by himself.

"We're makin' a world o' change down there, ya ken? The people are able t'rest fer once in their lives... But isnae our generation that'll see the fruits of our labor. Maybe next? The one after?" He sighed, taking a sip of the tea. "Yer homeland sounds even more odd than this place, somehow! Dinnae tell me ye grew up at the bottom o' the ocean?"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Return to “Steam Country”