Iron Bits

An international hub and place of refuge for any who visit. Steam Country is home to Amegakure, a bustling city that is arguably the closest thing in the world to the size of any of the great Shinobi villages. Shinobi activities are strictly forbidden within Steam Country, but shinobi are welcome to conduct personal business here.
Ace Trainer

Iron Bits

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:53 pm

Shio had found that performing the census when he'd conquered Iron had been quite beneficial. Iron Country had already been a magnificent place, an incredible historical monument to the capacity of man outside the world of shinobi. But, the census had revealed quite a bit. In particular, the number of gifted and capable individuals Iron had within its citizenry that was out in the world. He'd already identified Suzume, and consequently he had found Rina. Both highly capable individuals if not too old for Shio to shape. There were others, whispers of people out in the world with unique gifts that fell under the right to land in Iron. It was an....exciting notion to Shio.

He'd sent word for many of them, and was using Heiji Day as a means to evaluate who he'd try to bring back into Iron. He was, of course, interested in the ones that were younger. One that had promise and were able to be shaped. Word had been sent to Mirai for this very reason. Young, capable, and most importantly, word had it that she was capable of using chakra.

It was funny how word spread. Small murmurs and whispers fell into the right ears, stories being told that were just enough to find out what you needed to know. How Mirai had ended up outside of her home was unclear to Shio, and a question he would ask. But for now, he just wanted to get an idea of just who she was, and if she'd be interested in coming home if Shio wanted her to.

He walked into the small sweets shop, he'd fit right in among the various children and teens in it, trying out different sweets. Ordering some dango, he'd place the cap with his title on the center of the table and would wait. Hopefully Mirai would have gotten the word and would know to meet him here.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Kabu

Iron Bits

Post by Kabu » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:55 pm

How long had it been since Mirai had left home to find her own way in the world? Weeks? Months maybe? For sure enough time had passed that she was getting to be just a little bit homesick but she wouldn't dare let that be known. She was off on this journey for a reason. She had shown some time ago that she was capable of taking care of herself and now was her opportunity to prove it beyond any doubts. She had a lot of things to do however in order to make that a reality...

...And speaking of things to do, at some point she had walked into the midst of a festival. She knew some things of shinobi life from her adopted father and so it was more than a little shocking to see all these shinobi from different villages gathered in one place, peacefully coexisting if only for a moment. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to try and make some friends but for right now she had to focus. She had been drawn here for a reason, someone had called for her, asking for her to meet with them. She was of course suspicious but she had never really been the type to turn down an invitation. Besides, she was confident in her ability to get herself out of trouble should things ever go sideways. Granted, Hikaru and Takashi both had repeatedly warned her of the dangers of overconfidence.

Nonetheless she soon arrived at the sweets shop, a quick look around revealing a boy sitting alone at a table. She had heard a young boy had become Iron Country's new leader but she was more than a little skeptical. On the surface at least he seemed no different than the rest of the brats running around the place.

Well, it's worth at least seeing what it is he has to say. she thought to herself as she approached, the hat on the table catching her eye as she took a seat. She did her best to hold back a smile and a giggle at the sight, though the smallest of smiles did creep its way onto her face. That's cute.

With that she turned her attention back towards the boy, legs crossed as she got right to the point. "Name's Mirai. You the one that called me here?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Ace Trainer

Iron Bits

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:08 pm

When Mirai walked in, Shio's eyes flitted to her, locking on and taking her in. She had an unmistakeable confident sort of swagger about her that gave Shio an immediate give away that she was well trained, and more than likely the person he was waiting for. He was, as usual, flat and rather emotionless on his face, and would wait for her to approach. She introduced herself bluntly, forcing an annoyed sort of smirk to form on his face, "Yes, the Taishou of Iron Country, Mistaki Shio.", he said, more a formal introduction than a brag of his title.

He wasn't sure what he had expected, but Mirai was not quite it. Letting a pause hang between them for a moment, he'd finally speak, "Iron Country did a census when I took the title of Taishou. It was well advertised that all citizens were expected to return to the country and to Sanrou, in order to participate in the census. Those that didn't were identified in order to clarify their status in our records.", a simple explanation. "I have a vested interest in people of exceptional talent that are on that list. People that Iron Country would benefit from retaining a relationship with. And you are one of them.", straight to the point. In just these brief interaction Shio had gotten that sense that he'd make little progress dancing around the point with Mirai.

"So. I reached out. In hopes that you would be able to tell me why you did not return when we called for the census.", a straightforward question. Shio knew little of Mirai's story, now was a chance to learn more and find out if she was worth his time.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Kabu

Iron Bits

Post by Kabu » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:26 am

So it's true then, this young boy really did conquer the country... Best mind my manners. Mirai thought to herself, legs crossed as she intently listened to Shio speak. Now she knew his status, she was certain he could likely kill her with relative ease if she pissed him off so she had to be on her best behavior. She was confident in her ability, some would go so far as to call her arrogant, but she wasn't stupid enough to pick a fight she couldn't win, Takashi and Hikaru had made certain of that. That said however she did have what she felt were legitimate reasons for not returning home right away and she could at least share that much.

"I've been on the road for some time now, on a journey to see the world and find myself. I'm really not much of a people person, as I'm sure you can tell, and my dad thought seeing the world would be good for me. There were hopes that this journey would make me stronger both mentally and physically. But I'm sure that's not the part you're interested in." she spoke, pausing a moment to gather her thoughts as she considered how exactly to phrase this next part. She knew what to say, but wasn't entirely sure how to say it.

In the end she decided to just go for it, consequences be damned. "I didn't return because I felt I couldn't. I felt I wasn't ready, and I still don't feel ready. I'm not yet strong enough." To this day she remembered the tales of her mom's strength during her samurai days before illness had taken hold. She had been kind and passionate as well. And then there was Takashi who was a natural leader. Even despite all that had happened, they were ideals she held strongly to and she couldn't return home until she could stand as their equal, in one way or another.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Steam Country”