Lost yet found [Graded]

[Closed] Takeshi and Mika

An international hub and place of refuge for any who visit. Steam Country is home to Amegakure, a bustling city that is arguably the closest thing in the world to the size of any of the great Shinobi villages. Shinobi activities are strictly forbidden within Steam Country, but shinobi are welcome to conduct personal business here.
Izanagi

Lost yet found [Graded]

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:33 pm

It was Takeshi’s third day in Amegakure. His father was busy with meetings and other important gatherings and if his brother had come, he hadn’t heard anything from him yet. Though he had met the Daimyo of Gold country and his entourage, which had been the highlight of the trip thus far, the young Hyuuga couldn’t shake the feeling of bitterness. He found it so difficult to enjoy the city, the massive waste of resources to build a concrete jungle that simply felt dull and lifeless. So many people condensed into such a small area, granted Konoha was heavily populated as well but it was much larger and full of life, parks, rivers, forests and mountains all in harmony with the village itself, flowing through one another as one. Amegakure simply felt out of place with its surroundings, the lush country land that used to be eastern Fire country.

A few kilometers outside of Amegakure, Takeshi wandered through the forests of Steam country. Land that once was part of Fire country. He admired the way the leaves funneled water, running down the lengths of the large trees and soaking their roots, puddling around the base. It felt relaxing to get out of the city, though so too was it hard to shake the violence that had occurred not far from here. He had been camping in these forests with his sister and grandfather, intending on making their way to the eastern coast that afternoon. If the Kiri invasion had been a day later surely, they would have each been cut down, and even as it stood, their grandfather Isamu had died to save him and his sister. It was hard not to feel guilty.

Not bothering to bring an umbrella, Takeshi let the rain soak his raven black hair and run down his white and blue haori. He carried his bow and quiver on his back. He had hunted in these woods before with his father and grandfather. His older sister Hanako too had loved to adventure in the woods and teach him various skills. Along the way Takeshi found himself approaching a small shrine with a temple about another hundred meters along a moss-covered pathway. He stopped, kneeling and closing his eyes. Taking a few minutes to reflect and give gratitude toward what he still had and the nature that persisted regardless of what some politicians said of who owned the land. Too distracted by his thoughts to realize that he was being stalked by a cougar, but perhaps that was not all that was making their way through the woods.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:08 pm

Her mind was lost, and a this point so were her feet. She traveled on her own for a bit, a journey to find herself it seemed. Senkensha Mika carried a single bag with her that had enough in it to help her camp for the night if and when she needed to. The rain she knew probably meant she'd have to find shelter rather than setting up for the night. She had a dark cloak on with the hood up to cover herself. But she soon found herself walking a lost path towards a shrine, and quickly realized she wasn't alone.

In fact she saw he wasn't alone either.

She quietly made her way around to find a way to catch his attention from in front of him, coming around from the other side of a tree before leaning against it as she saw him. "There's a large feline stalking you, you know." she told him quietly. She didn't have the kind of weapons to fight the creature herself, her style was to try and get away rather than to hunt, but she needed to let him know first at least.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:19 pm

Takeshi inhaled slowly, there was a slight chill to the air, but it felt comforting to simply let the rain fall over him. “May the spirits continue to watch over this land and protect these people. And may the refugees find solace in their new homes” he said softly. He was not a particularly spiritual nor religious person by any means. But he knew there were guardian spirits of fire country, his father had spoken of them, told stories of his exploits protecting the land and being named their champion. To him, this would always be Fire country and he would never forget the pain Kirigakure had caused, the lives they had displaced or stolen entirely. He had made it his Nindo to seek justice and retribution wherever he could. To honor those that had fallen in the war, civilians and shinobi alike.

A sudden voice startled his eyes open. He hadn’t heard any footsteps over the constant patter of rain. But he wasn’t so jumpy to reach for weapons. He nodded his thanks as she alerted him to nearby danger and without moving his eyes pulsed, veins bulging. ‘Byakugan!’ he thought to himself, a mental trigger to help him activate his doujutsu without handseals. Suddenly the cougar’s chakra signature lit up from within some bushes about 15 meters behind him. Swiftly he drew his bow, notched an arrow and spun in place, posting a leg to create a stable shooting platform as he drew high and back and arched out his chest. He held his draw for only a moment before loosing, just as the cougar stepped out from the bushes. It snarled at the challenger and stalked forward another step as the arrow glanced across its shoulder, a shallow cut before lodging into a tree. Letting out a hiss and a growl of sorts the cougar turned and leaped behind a tree before running off.

Takeshi waited a few moments until the cougar was at least 25 meters away before putting away his bow and deactivating his Byakugan. Slowly he rose to his feet and turned back to the girl, wiping some dirt and moss from the knees of his pants. “You have my thanks” he said simply, bowing his head slightly. She appeared of similar age to himself and of comparable height. “My name is Hyuuga Takeshi. Are you a local?” he wondered, she didn’t appear to carry any weapons, so it didn’t seem likely she was a shinobi or a daughter of a samurai. But she certainly could have been a former Fire country citizen or perhaps a newly settled refugee.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:44 am

Mika smiled as he nodded in acknowledgement of her warning, but what came next startled her more than a little. She shrunk back behind the tree at the sudden intensity of his eyes. She had never seen a doujutsu before. She watched him as he fired at the cougar, to her view it was as if he hadn't taken a proper look at it before doing so. Though he seemed to miss, it was still an incredible shot. She watched the cougar run, her eyes quickly turning back to Takeshi though he didn't move for a little longer as he was watching the creature for a little longer than she was because of his doujutsu. She came out from behind the tree a bit more again when his eyes seemed to return to normal again, her crystal blue eyes looking both fearful and curious as he thanked her again.

She pulled her hood back, though she was fully in her normal form, her draconic features hidden away for fear of how someone might react. "Senkensha Mika." she said quietly, returning his introduction with her own name before shaking her head to his other question. "I'm just... traveling." she admitted. "Your eyes... you're... a shinobi then?" she asked carefully. After her encounter with Shinjiro she was almost terrified to encounter another, and yet that was part of the reason for her wandering. She wanted to learn more of the outside world, and the world of shinobi. Was it really as bad as he had claimed?
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:25 pm

Takeshi was satisfied with his shot. He had grown up on hunting and he despised poachers. These were not his countries lands, not any longer. He wasn’t familiar with the local laws in regard to hunting, and regardless, if he could avoid it. He didn’t want to kill needlessly. The cougar wasn’t something he had any interest in eating and would be purely wasteful. Though if he felt his life was truly threatened, he would have no choice but to act in self-defense. For now, a warning shot would suffice. “I’m sorry if I frightened you” he said, putting his bow back in a sling-style holster across his back. He had to remind himself that to foreigners, and even some within Konoha that the Byakugan being activated was quite unnerving.

The girl’s family name meant nothing to him, but it indicated she likely came from a family of some status, above the lowest tier of commoners at least. Which begged the question, if she had a family why did she appear to be traveling alone? The young Hyuuga watched her, sympathetic. She seemed quite fearful. He could only imagine there was more to it than just traveling. She was running from something or at least had encountered hardships beyond what she expected in her journeys. That was his best guess at least. “It’s dangerous for a young woman to travel alone, with no weapons. Have you been separated from a larger group?” he asked with genuine concern. If he could help her find her companions he would sleep better at night. There was no telling what would become of her if she was left to travel alone. Even Amegakure wasn’t exactly safe, there were many desperate people there, displaced from the war. He nodded when she asked about him being a shinobi. “Yes, from Konoha. My people fought to protect these lands when Kirigakure attacked, I want to do my part to continue helping wherever I can” he stated with conviction. He despised Kirigakure but he held warmth and a protective instinct towards those that could not defend themselves. “Let’s move to shelter, when the rain dies down I can help you find somewhere safe” he offered, gesturing to the path that led to the small temple.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Mika shrugged as Takeshi asked about her travels and the danger of it. "I'm traveling with a friend, she's going to meet me here later." she said quietly. She glanced at the temple briefly as they spoke. She had asked Setsuko to let her go alone to the temple, as part of her search for clues of who she was and how strong she might get one day. Suddenly she wasn't sure it was a good idea considering how quickly she had run into a shinobi. But he went on to speak of being from another village than the one that had scared her, and she looked at him briefly, giving him an odd look but not speaking on it at first. He mentioned shelter and she nodded, turning towards the temple herself as well. "I wanted to go in here anyway, investigate a bit." she remarked.

It wasn't until they had stepped inside that she looked at Takeshi and her mind went back to another subject. "So... Kiri and Konoha... are enemies?" she asked, having no understanding of the villages really. "The only other shinobi I've met was an assassin from Kiri, at least that was what he told me... after he told me he was there to kill someone I care about." The girl sighed, still keeping a healthy distance between her and Takeshi, frowning slightly. "I'm pretty sure my mother said my father was a shinobi..."

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:24 pm

Takeshi nodded, hoping that was true, “I’ll wait with you until they arrive then” he decided. They walked in silence in the rain until they reached the top of the path. Passing under a large tori gate they approached the doors of the approximately 20-meter-wide temple, there was a large main room and some halls and smaller rooms that sectioned off from it but it was no more than 10 meters deep and 5 meters tall. Before they entered Takeshi held up a hand for the girl to pause as they stood under the lip of the slanted roof. It would be there that they would talk for the time being. He was curious what she could hope to investigate in a temple, but he supposed everyone had different reasons to visit such places. For Takeshi it always came down to showing gratitude and respect. But with that could come guidance.

She asked him about the rivalry between villages and he found that took priority. “Yes” he confirmed curtly. Nodding as she spoke about her encounter, it was exactly as he would expect. “Kirigakure shinobi are mostly heartless killers, they slaughter innocents without remorse and take joy in the suffering of others. You can never trust them. In Konoha, we believe our strength comes from each other, our friendships and love, and we will always stand up for others that cannot fight for themselves” he expressed his dogmatic opinion, but there was unquestionably a great deal of truth to his words, even if there were always exceptions on both sides. His interest was peaked and his expression softened when she spoke of her father being a shinobi. “It’s entirely possible, shinobi travel all across the world. There are 5 great countries with shinobi villages, and few other minor countries led by rogue shinobi” he explained. “Do you know where your father was from?” he asked, raising his hand again for a moment. “Hold on, let’s dry off a little first” he explained at last, forming a set of hand seals before a swirling vortex of wind surrounded them, blowing them try and funneling the water away. Now, they could enter. Takeshi would lead the way. There were a few monks tending to the temple though they simply went about their duties wordlessly, used to visitors especially being this close to Amegakure.
Jutsu UsedShow
Fuuton • Wind Tunnel
D-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After forming a brief series of hand seals Takeshi will build up chakra manifesting a wind tunnel from within 10 meters of him. The stream of air will follow a funnel pattern that can be manifested in a variety of shapes but not manipulated after creation to serve a variety of purposes. The length of the tunnel is up to 10 meters long and 2 meters wide. This jutsu moves at a Speed and Strength equal to [5] but does not contain the cutting passive of Fuuton. The wind tunnel will last for 2 posts after creation.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Mika nodded almost too quickly as Takeshi spoke ill of Kiri, she certainly agreed with him. "He showed up looking like a hawk... told me he was a guardian spirit." She explained. "He pretended to be my friend, we talked for awhile... but then he turned into a person. Said his name was Shinjiro, that he was an assassin and he was there to kill the woman who is my adopted father's mother." She couldn't help a blush at the family tree bit, turning to glance at Takeshi and shrug almost helplessly. "Family is complicated for me." she admitted with a chuckle. "But he told me he could kill me if he wanted, torture me for what I hadn't told him... that I couldn't stop him because he was a shinobi and I was not. He told me I wasn't safe. That Peace is a lie..." She looked at Takeshi a moment, already glad for the way he spoke, that he sounded so very different from Shinjiro. "Sounds... sounds like Konoha is very different. I think I like that." she said quietly.

He asked about her father, but before she could answer he seemed to form hand seals, something she wasn't wholly unfamiliar with at least, and a moment later they were dried by wind. This time the girl couldn't help a slight giggle, quickly putting her hands down on either side of her kimono to keep it in place as the winds dried them. Once they were dry and inside, she finally smiled genuinely at the boy beside her. She paused a moment to glance at the monks, her smile turning almost whimsical.

"I don't know much about my father, my mother gave me a name, that's all. But she was a priestess to an unnamed dragon god, believed herself to be Kiyohime reborn. I grew up with her telling me stories of how my father was her Anchin reborn as well. When I was born with draconic features she was all the more convinced..." her voice trailed off as she glanced at Takeshi and shrugged. "I learned a few chakra techniques later, so I could learn to hide them, appear normal." she quickly explained, blushing deeply. She turned her eyes back to watching the monks going about their duties with interest. "The village thought she was nuts though... eventually they came for us, I fled at her insistence, I was whisked away and saved. But she was trapped at home... she died. And the only thing I know about my father is that he was supposedly a shinobi named Natsuki Takeo. She never got the chance to tell me more, she just always told me she'd tell me more when I was older but... she didn't get the chance to."

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:41 pm

Takeshi’s pale eyes narrowed at the mention of a shinobi that could turn into a hawk. Animal transformation abilities were rare, though he had heard many stories about shinobi from Kirigakure having such traits. He had thought most of them rumors to scare children, thinking that any aggressive animal could be a Kiri assassin in disguise. But he had seen for himself, one such individual. A terrifying legend that no doubt was the source of many of those bedtime tales of warning. He didn’t want to give more life to such tales however, until the girl spoke the very name that stalked through his mind. His eyes widened and he couldn’t help but recoil slightly and frown, even his eyes seemed to grow paler and his barely discernable pupils pulsing in fear. “Karagata Shinjiro. You’re lucky to be alive, that man is one of the deadliest shinobi in the world, a true monster” he shuddered at the thought. Takeshi had been only 6 years old when he heard his name for the first time, saw him in the flesh competing in the Star country tournament. Every match had ended in a matter of seconds, some faster than he could even blink. And even in that span he had seen the results of some of his transformations. A giant turtle appearing out of nowhere, or a small and agile bat. More recently he had seen him again competing in Aroma country, but still he could only catch the occasional flash of light or colour, even with his Byakugan the rapidly moving swirls of chakra were too much for him.

He smiled as she spoke of a complicated family, “I can relate” he said simply. His face tightened as he thought about the words Shinjiro had apparently said to her. “As long as people like him exist, he’s right.” He nodded when she spoke of Konoha. “It is. People like...that demon, those Kiri shinobi are an evil. They’re the reason why Konoha needs to exist, to stand up to them and fight for the idea of peace.” Once again, his hatred towards Kiri mixed with his passionate belief in Konoha and what they stood for. There was a distinct intensity about him, but that was what war did. It strengthened hatred and patriotism and made it easy for youth to find themselves consumed in those notions.

As they entered the temple they began awash with a sense of warmth and inviting. There were several different shrines and tables stacked with tiers of candles. Incense burned and hung along the walls. And many candles among them remained unlit, bowls full of long match sticks were readily available. It seemed with the Amegakure festival came an honoring of the dead and a letting go of feelings of hostility and grief. Takeshi knew of such rituals, the Hyuuga had their own share of rites honoring ancestors and the fallen. Respect was fundamental in their way, of course that respect was only expected to be directed upward. The youth or those who defied their traditions certainly didn’t receive that privilege. He led Mika along to down one of the halls until he found a corner that had many unlit candles still. Many writings and portraits were given places along the walls or on tables of their own.

He listened to Mika talk. Her tale sounded like something out of a storybook. Though he had heard wild tales from his parents as well and knew there were all sorts of fantastical beasts and paranormal activity out there. The world was filled with the supernatural. Though he did a double-take when the girl casually slipped in that she has draconic features. “Sorry, what?" He muttered to himself, blinking but allowing her to continue on. He scrunched his face in disbelief and confusion as she also casually mentioned having learned chakra. Had nobody ever warned her of the risks of such things? He held up a hand, hoping to slow her down if only for a few moments. “You shouldn’t talk about such things so openly, even Konoha shinobi are wary of non shinobi that learn chakra, such things can be dangerous when not given proper guidance” he explained, concerned for her. He had been raised to belief in helping the average person and bettering their lives with chakra. But he still knew that unchecked, mass use of chakra would destabilize the balance of the world and create endless wars.

He sighed deeply, relaxing his tense features. “Please continue, what happened?” he allowed her to continue the rest of the story. At least this part sounded like fantasy, though certainly there was truth to it. Her mother murdered, burned alive, her father a shinobi or maybe just a wandering warrior. He was prepared to dismiss most of the talk of goddesses and dragons and focus on her grief and ensuring her safety. But then she said a very specific name. The name of Konohagakure’s Hokage, his own father. Takeshi snapped to attention, his jaw slack as his heart raced. Was this some kind of ploy, had her mother only named his father due to his fame? But then she seemed to know very little of the villages, would her mother have really known so much more? “Are you sure? That man is...the leader of Konoha, the Hokage” he said, still processing what she was saying. His breathing was elevated, heart racing and eyes beginning to water. He couldn’t have another sister, could he? What did that mean? A secret? abandoned by his father? ‘Could it really be?’ his thoughts came in clearly among the swirling storm that was his mind.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:09 pm

As Takeshi suddenly seemed very attentive to Mika's every word, the girl's own curiosity was piqued. As he revealed that he knew who Takeo was, her face brightened and she seemed to become almost giddy. "He is? I mean, you know who he is then?" Without a thought she suddenly closed the gap between the two and hugged Takeshi. Just as quickly as she hugged him though, she released him and took a step back with a blush. "I never expected to find such a lead here!" she practically exclaimed. "Do you... do you know if there's any way I'd be able to meet him? I have so many questions..." Her bright blue eyes were looking up at Takeshi with such excitement that at first she didn't even realize that something might be bothering him.

But it didn't take long for her to notice the way his breathing was elevated and his eyes watering. The excitement suddenly left her own eyes to be replaced with concern. She had trained some in medical taijutsu and quickly stepped closer to him. "Are you okay?" She quickly looked around for a place to sit, trying to take Takeshi by the hand to help him sit. "Please... here." As she did so she'd try to put two fingers on his wrist to check his pulse as well. "What's wrong?"

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:18 pm

As each moment passed he felt the feeling grow that it really was true. Her reactions were genuine, longing. She truly believed she was a daughter of Natsuki Takeo, and maybe she was. No, he could see it now, in her eyes. The same eyes his twin sister, Natsuki Kaori. had She hugged him and he melted, embracing her as a tear trickled form his eye, and then another. He tried to wipe them away quickly with the sleeve of his haori. But it was obvious he was in emotional distress, to the extent that she sat him down at a small, nearby bench. “It can’t be…” he muttered, brushing away her hand as she attempted to check for a pulse. He didn’t need medical attention, and was almost annoyed by the notion, but ultimately, he was still in shock.

Slowly he began to huff in amusement, smirking and laughing. He had grown up around Yozei, his older brother that had been a bastard of Takeo’s. But that was something that for Takeshi’s entire life had been something of the past. The man he knew was a devoted father and husband, only his duty to the village and his training keeping him away from his family. He was a role model. But this girl, she couldn’t have been much older than him, if at all. Was she younger? Had his father betrayed his mom? What did that mean for his family? “How old are you?” he wondered, staring straight ahead, forced to sit upright due to the bow across his back. He felt as if he had been a fool, blind to his father's true nature. He had heard some talk here and there but it always seemed to be simple gossip among jealous villagers.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:34 am

Mika visibly flinched as Takeshi brushed her hand away, some part of her still feeling wary of him instinctively simply for his status as a shinobi. Her happiness at learning part of the identity of her father overwhelmed her, but that moment already passed and was replaced with concern for the boy in front of her. She had no idea what could be upsetting him, but her mind starting making things up immediately of course. He had mentioned he was from Konoha, that her father was the leader of this village. 'What could be so wrong about this...? Except maybe its a problem with me...' she swallowed hard and tried to force the thoughts away, her own potential upset causing her to start to lose some control as far as chakra was concerned. In the low light of the temple, areas of her skin began to shimmer with the slow appearance of her pale scales.

"I-I'm fourteen..." she said quietly in answer to his question. "Nearly fifteen." she added meekly, keeping some distance between them as she stared at him. Her mind read his body language all wrong, she didn't even think about the bow on his back and how it might be impacting the way he sat. All she saw was someone who was trying not to see her, and feared what that might mean.

The doorway of the temple opened again briefly as Setsuko stepped in, taking a moment to let her eyes adjust to the change in the light. As always she had one hand in her sash and another resting on one of her swords as she looked around, taking in the sight of the monks before she'd start looking for Mika herself.

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:51 am

Takeshi deflated, slinging the bow off his back and letting it clatter to the floor as he leaned forward, head nearly to his knees. 'She's older, by almost two years' he assessed with relief. He nodded to himself, finally inhaling again and letting himself smile in relief as he exhaled once more. His body felt numb but light and tingly at the same time. He could never have prepared himself for such a shock but now that it was sinking in he felt excitement at the idea.

"I know your father well" he said calmly now, still looking straight ahead at the flickering candles. He wasn't sure how to so directly state that he was her younger brother, that she had even more siblings she didn't know about. It had been hard enough for him to process and it would still take time to fully wrap his head around what might change now. "I came here to honor the passing of my Grandfather" he said as he slowly, shakily stood. Moving to the wall and lightning a candle. "Natsuki Isamu" he said the name, letting the burning match streak smoke through the air before placing it in a bronze bowl. "Our Grandfather" he clarified, turning to look the girl straight in the eyes for the first time since her revelation. "We share the same dad...I'm your younger brother" he said at last. The words hardly felt real, his eyes still watered but he smiled softly now. Family was important to him, it always would be. He had wanted to protect the girl when she was a simple stranger but now he knew she was his sister. He would do everything in his power to see her taken care of.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:05 pm

Mika swallowed hard, hardly noticing that her hands were shaking slightly as the boy before her worked through several complicated emotions at once. All she could think about was the blank stare, the way he wouldn't look at her, it was similar behavior to the villagers in her original home in Frost Country before her mother was killed. But then it was like something changed in him. The clattering of the bow to the floor caused her to jump visibly, and she gasped aloud lightly before swallowing hard to try and control herself. But she forced herself to stay put as she watched him finally start moving. He stated the name of his grandfather and she blinked for several moments. "His name..." she started to whisper, cutting herself off as he went on to clarify and her eyes grew wide. He smiled at her and she found herself being the one in shock suddenly. Some part of her wanted to hug him, and as she lifted a hand she noticed the glint in the candle light out of the corner of her eye and froze. She stared at the scales for a few moments before blushing deeply. She quickly wrapped her cloak around herself, and her hands, as she looked up at him. "...younger brother? But you're taller than me." she said in surprise, as if one thing really had anything to do with the other. "But I... then I found...."

'....I found my family?'

She looked down quickly, her mind racing as she remembered the way Kori had accepted her the way she was the moment he had seen her, scales and all. She couldn't help wondering how Takeshi would react if he saw the real her. She looked back to see if the monks were looking towards them at all, and naturally they were too involved in their day to day to notice the two young ones. She turned and looked at Takeshi a moment before taking her cloak off entirely and setting it on the bench. "If that's true, then I can show you, right?" she asked quietly, taking a deep breath as her chakra swirled briefly and a moment later her more draconic features become prominent as they once used to always be. Her horns formed from her head, her wings rested at her back, and even her tail flitted back and forth nervously.

Cautiously, she lifted her blue eyes to look at Takeshi's face again, to see how he might react to such a change.

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:08 pm

Takeshi’s eyes narrowed only slightly; his curiosity invoked as he noticed her scales. That’s right, she had mentioned being born with draconic features and learning to use chakra to mask them. He had almost forgotten, so overcome by emotions. “I’m sure you’ll have a growth spurt soon” he predicted, his voice cracking slightly; it was a shock that she was older than him certainly. Perhaps it had something to do with her draconic traits, he wasn’t sure what their growth rate was like. Like most people he had never seen a dragon and thought they were lost to time. Clearing his throat, he wiped his eyes and seemed to regain his composure. He was expecting her to start asking him questions, but he was equally accepting of her desire to show him her true form.

He nodded in affirmation as she removed her cloak. The young Genin braced himself, curious to see what she would really look like. Horns, scales, wings, and a tail emerged fully at once. Instinctively he activated his Byakugan, but he kept his posture relaxed. He simply wanted to see the detail of her chakra network and how it connected through the foreign structures. “Incredible” he observed, moving forward and gently touching her wing. There were dozens of new chakra points he had never seen before. He wondered for a moment if his Jyuuken style would be less effective against someone with extra limbs. Though looking at her the chakra pathways he noted that the primary paths were still the same. If they were shut down then the capillaries would follow naturally. A flex of his eyes and the Byakugan deactivated. “Thank you for showing me the real you…big sister” he said, dipping his head slightly. “Let’s sit, I’ll answer any questions you have about our family” he offered, gesturing back to the bench. Now that he knew she was his older sister he would be sure to act more respectfully.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:24 pm

Setsuko began her search of the temple, pausing when she finally came to the right hallway and saw Mika talking to a boy. Her first instinct was to rush to cover the girl with her cloak, but something in her body language made the girl seem more comfortable. For the moment, the woman chose to stay in a set of shadows, leaning against a wall as she watched Mika sit down with Takeshi.

Mika was smiling still after he had thanked her, she wasn't sure anyone had reacted so positively to her form that wasn't a dragon themselves. Though his eyes had grown intense for a moment again, she had seen no signs of a bad reaction. He offered her a chance to ask questions and for a moment she simply stared at him. She wasn't sure where to start. "You said your name is Hyuuga, not Natsuki.... why?" she asked to start. "And what's with your eyes?" Though as the questions started spilling she quickly stopped herself and blushed deeply. "I'm sorry... I get excited so easily... apparently I ramble a lot."

She sighed, taking a deep breath to try and steady herself before her eyes drifted to the candles, in particular the one that Takeshi had lit. "Actually... can you tell me about our grandfather? I wish I had been in time to meet him." The girl seemed sad for a moment. "Maybe if I had left sooner..."

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:35 am

Takeshi had noticed a new presence when he had activated his Byakugan, though he hadn’t thought anything of it until he caught a brief glimpse of the woman looking down the hall. As far as he could tell she seemed to be waiting for them, perhaps watching over them. He was naturally cautious, though Mika did say she was meeting someone here therefore he didn’t get too focused on thinking she was hostile. The young Hyuuga nodded carefully to his draconic sister. She wasn’t a shinobi and he couldn’t predict where she might end up living, unless she was properly accepted into Konoha it would be best not to speak freely of shinobi secrets. “That’s my mother’s last name. The Hyuuga are a special family in Konoha. Our eyes are a unique trait, but I’m afraid I can’t speak openly about them” he explained. He had already been chastised for speaking too freely just the day before.

Slowly, he placed a gentle hand on the girl’s shoulder, smiling softly. “Please, it’s okay. You can be excited. This is very new to both of us” he encouraged. He smiled nostalgically as she asked about their grandfather. That was something he could speak freely of. “Yes, Grandpa Natsuki was an amazing man. He loved the wilderness, he taught me how to hunt. Our dad did too of course but Grandpa specialized in bow hunting, he was a shinobi too, former Jounin. Even in his old age he spent more time in the mountains than in the village. He loved to live, to tell stories and to explore and camp all over Fire country. I swear he knew every inch.” Suddenly Takeshi’s expression grew mournful, tears spilling from his eyes. “He died fighting, protecting Kaori and I from Kiri shinobi with just his bow and hunting knife. Not far from here actually” he explained. It happened a year and a half ago, but the wound still felt so fresh. Suddenly he realized that he hadn’t explained who Kaori was. “Oh, Kaori is my twin sister. But she has our dad’s eyes. Like you” he said, looking into her vibrant blue eyes.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:22 pm

Mika wasn't sure what to think as Takeshi mentioned his mother, or the name, and quickly added that he couldn't tell her much more. She didn't understand the idea of village secrets yet. But as he went on to tell her about their grandfather, a smile drifted across her face. "Sounds like I would have liked him." she said quietly. "I like to hunt, to explore... I think I would have had a great time with him." she added, smiling almost sadly. She got up for a moment and went to where Takeshi had lit a candle for the man, and she followed suit to do the same. She lit a candle for the grandfather she never met, but when she looked back and Takeshi went on to explain what happened to the man she immediately saw the tears.

She sat down and immediately reached out with both hands, her draconic features slipping away at the same time. She wiped away his tears gently with her thumbs, cupping his face briefly as he mentioned his twin. She suddenly hugged him again, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I hope I get to meet her some day... and our father... I can't believe I found family..." she found herself sniffling for a moment as her own eyes threatened to fill with tears. "When the town turned on my mother they... they burned her alive..." She took a deep breath, letting it out slow as she released Takeshi and still sniffled for a moment. "I found some to accept me in another country, they call themselves the Titans... one is a dragon, Kori, he's cared for me as his own but... I've still had so many questions, I've missed having real family..."

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:16 pm

Takeshi smiled softly as Mika lit a candle for their grandfather. Such a sentiment warmed his heart and showed a great much about his sister’s character. It was as if he could feel their Grandpa still present around them. The Natsuki lineage was strong, even in all the twists and turns it took as it mixed with many unique traits and clans. Those features, the humble beginnings of a family of woodcutters and hunters persisted. A shinobi line only started with their Grandfather Isamu and quickly developing in a son that became the Hokage. But though Isamu had been the first in the Natsuki line to become a shinobi he had also married one, a woman adopted by the Inuzuka; Takami. That feral grit and a strong connection with animals, preferring them over the company of people. That too had passed down the line.

The youngest son of the Hokage thought of their family. He sincerely hoped Mika would have the chance to meet each of them: Grandma, Aunt Ayame, their father, his sisters Hanako and Kaori, and elder brother Yozei. Even his mom Aina, he wondered what she would think of the girl. She had come to accept Yozei and loved him as a son. He was sure of it. But what would become of Mika, he considered as she held his face. This time he didn’t dismiss her concern. His eyes closed slowly, and he exhaled, a gentle smile forming as he found a moment of tranquility. Their Grandpa would always live on, his way of life transcending each generation after him. His eyes opened as she spoke of those she wished to meet. “We have a lot of family that would like to meet you, I’m sure” he said, his features soft and his raven black bangs clinging to the back of Mika’s hands. She hugged him again and he embraced her tightly. Despite his clean cut and well put together demeanor, he was quite athletic. Stronger than most grown men, at least compared to those without shinobi or samurai training.

His held her firm, resting his head against hers as spoke of her mother’s death. He gave her a few long moments, simply to grieve and be comforted. “We should light a candle for her too” he suggested. It seemed he was not the only one still grieving, he felt more at peace with his Grandpa’s passing now, if only a little. Perhaps it was less due to the ceremony and more to do with the fact he had met further proof of his family persisting even after death. But such things could be connected and it certainly seemed fated to have such an encounter in this place, and when each of them had grief left to resolve. Slowly, he released his sister as he felt her stir. He stood and moved to light a candle, “For my sisters' mother, Priestess Senkensha. Thank you” he spoke softly, almost to himself, as he offered tribute. Mika’s explanation of her other family again sounded almost too much to believe, but there was no reason to doubt her. “Your family is wherever and whoever your heart chooses to guide you” he said simply. Takeshi knew well what family meant to him, challenged between the strict beliefs of his clan and the love and defiance his parents had embodied he knew the strength in one’s choices. “Our father, is here, in Amegakure. Would you like to meet him?” he offered.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:34 pm

Mika smiled sadly as she watched Takeshi get up and light a candle for her mother. She got up slowly and followed suit, lighting one for her mother as she heard him say her mother's name and title, at least, her family name. "Her name was Yuka." she said quietly, lighting her own candle for her mother with a light sigh. "I know the village thought she was nuts, and maybe at the end she wasn't all there but... she was my mother." Once the candle was lit, she simply stared into the flame, her mind going back to the past briefly, and taken back out of it again as he spoke of her family and of their father. She turned to look at him a moment and nodded quickly. "I'd love to." she said quietly. "There's so much I need to learn, about our family, and about how I came to look like this too but... this would be a perfect start."

It was then that Setsuko pushed off the wall and took several steps forward to put herself closer to the pair of half siblings. She still kept what looked like a relaxed body language, one hand on her weapon only out of habit, the other in her sash as she looked at the two. "Is that a safe suggestion?" she interjected. "That in't a meeting she's taking alone."

Mika suddenly straightened up at the sound of Setsuko's calm tones, her light lilt. She turned to look at her and grinned. "I won't be alone." she said, giggling for a moment. "You won't believe what I learned! I-"

"Y'es, I know, Mika." Setsuko said, purposely interrupting the girl. Her eyes were fixed on Takeshi. "You believe he's 'ur half brother..." she added as she simply nodded towards the Hyuuga boy. "I am Setsuko, Mika's guardian on her current wanderins."

Of course, Mika rolled her eyes.

Izanagi

Lost yet found

Post by Izanagi » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:57 pm

Takeshi empathised with Mika and the loss of her mother. He knew the love of family and given the war and his entire family being shinobi he had often wrestled with thoughts about his parents or siblings dying. One day, perhaps not too long from now he would have to face that reality, and it scared him. But it also helped him to appreciate every moment he had with his loved ones. And to carry their lessons close to his heart, even if he didn’t always show it outwardly. He nodded slowly, a calm determination upon his face when she accepted his offer. It was true, Takeo would be able to provide much more insight and closure than him. Discovering a brother was one thing, but hearts always yearned strongest for parents that had never been known. Learning where one came from, their history, carried a great deal of weight in providing guidance toward one’s future. “Good, let’s head out then” he stated, squeezing her shoulder lightly in reassurance before kneeling to pick up his bow and secure it on his back once more.

He maintained his calm demeanor, directing his gaze toward the woman as she finally intervened. He had been wondering when she might introduce herself. “She’ll be safe with me” he assured, though he nodded in acceptance when the woman insisted she come along. The young Hyuuga stifled a smirk as he appreciated the reversal of roles. Earlier Mika had spotted the cougar before him, and now he had been the one to be first aware of the older woman’s presence. Though instead of voicing his cheeky thought he bowed in respect. “An honor to meet you Setsuko-san and thank you for keeping Mika safe. Of course, I’d be happy to introduce you to the Hokage as well” he said with a smile after coming out of the bow. His lips tightened as he considered another thought. What if his father bedded this woman too? Would Mika be gifted with more family yet? Quickly, Takeshi banished such thoughts from his mind. He had to believe his father wasn’t like that anymore since being married. He had always seemed to be on good behavior when he was around at least. Though Yozei had insisted that their dad was still a flirt and was prone to not keeping his eyes or hands to himself in the presence of beautiful women.

Willoria

Lost yet found

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:22 pm

Mika pulled her cloak back on and her hood up to cover her horns. She chose to stay in her dragon-like form for now. Though she knew she was sure to get stares she suddenly felt like it was more appropriate to meet her real father as her real self. Though Setsuko's interruption so far was making that look difficult. She gave Takeshi an apologetic look as the boy made it clear he was going to be as polite as possible to the woman who had appeared, in spite of the way that Setsuko was eyeing him, as if he were an enemy.

Setsuko locked eyes with Mika a moment, noticing the way the girl was silently pleading with her and eventually she sighed, clearly giving in. She nodded and looked to Takeshi. "Alright." she said, sighing heavily. "Lead us to your father then." she added. "But I'll be staying nearby, she's still in my charge, I can't let her out of my sight, for her own safety." she said, stepping aside to let the two pass if they so wished. She would trail several feet behind them once they started walking.

Mika of course could barely contain her excitement, squealing could be heard more than once.

Return to “Steam Country”