[Graded] [open][festival] Cool Crafting Camp

Situated between Rock Country and Wind Country, Pebble is a samurai country with the strongest non-shinobi police force in the world. Samurai from world over come to Pebble to train and learn a variety of sword styles. Pebble is split into 3 provinces, Ore, Mineral and Quartz.
Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

[Graded] [open][festival] Cool Crafting Camp

Post by Kanade » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:54 pm

Chiaki took to the streets of the festival, looking around at the sights, and looking for something in particular. She had heard that Pebble had some of the finest smiths and smitheys around. She wanted to see their setup, since she had yet to run into an Enkouten from Iwagakure, and wanted to learn more about crafting in general.

She had, yes, a good grasp on the concept of crafting, but she wanted to hone her craft, make sure that she was able to do everything that was needed of her to make armors that wouldn’t break in battle, give the wearer nigh invincibility, and make blades that would pierce such armors. However, these thoughts were a fantasy as it stood now. She wanted to do something that, quite simply, didn’t have a place in this festival so far. She had seen the wares, finished and polished, on display by the crafters out there, but no one had a smithey out back where she could see the work, or ask about techniques.

She stuffed her hands into her deep pockets of the trousers that she had purchased here, ones that billowed out only to be cinched above her ankles, were made of a fine linen, and were purple. She had taken a fancy to purple since she had met Natsumi, and had noticed that their fighting styles were similar. All the more so, as Chiaki had taken a literal page from Natsumi’s book.

Chiaki peered into another shop, looking past the wares to the back, to see if the forge was there, sniffed around to see if she could pick up the scent of hot metal and could hear the ringing of a smith’s hammer. The jacket that she was wearing, over her spaghetti strap blouse, hung down almost to the ground as she looked past the wares and the shopkeep who seemed to be getting more and more irate as time went on and she didn’t pay attention to him.

Finally, dodging a boot to the ass and a plethora of curse words, her and her butterflies skipped out into the street. She looked up, it was getting light out. Chiaki sighed, looking around again, her shoulders slumped. Nothing yet in the air about her that told of any forges.

She turned around and grumbled something under her breath when the shop keep, from four shops ago, she recognized the man from the knotted but fine muscles on his arms, grabbed her and smiled.

“Glad I found ya. You’re kinda easy to miss in the crowd, as people have ridiculous hair colors and colored dresses on.” He beamed at her.

She dipped her head, “Esteemed shopkeep?” She raised an eyebrow, the question carried itself. What did he want, and why did he grab her.

“I wanted to let you know that I do have a forge, and that I can show you where it is now that the shop has closed.” He nodded and bowed low once more, “I know that you were asking about it before, and I deeply apologize, but it is actually near the tent where I am staying for the festival. We all have our forges there, and the smiths work there day and night to make the beautiful swords that you saw in my shop.”

“And other things, I hope. I am looking to see if I can expand my horizons, and I already know how to make a sword.” She grinned at him, bowing her head at last to the man, “Lead on, and I will follow you to the forges. Thank you for showing me the way.”

“It’s no problem, the shop closes in the mornings anyhow. Everyone’s either too drunk or too tired between now and about eleven, so it’s the best time to run back and restock the shop. My shift is over anyhow. Shop’s all locked up.” He stated.

Chiaki looked around as she walked after him, keeping up with his pace, and noticed that he was right, the shops were indeed closed for the morning. She found it odd that the hours here were so different than those in Iwagakure, where people seemed to want to greet the day with work, and shopping, and selling goods, and wanted to take the evenings and nights to be with family.

To each their own, though. It wasn’t like festivals followed any sort of logic anyhow.

She walked along with him, and he started to explain the workings of the ancient runes to her. He showed her on weapons that he was taking back to the camp, pointing out the language there, and said that he had a scroll on it.

Nodding, Chiaki took a look at the sword, it was a sword that apparently had a jutsu stored inside of it, a sword that could produce a flame when the user channeled chakra into it and swung it at an enemy. It was formidable, well-thought out, and simple to use. It could be deadly even in a fresh Genin’s hands.

She knew that in order to make things to fend against these blows, she would have to understand them.

FInally, cresting the hill, she caught sight of the camps.

There were even people shopping here, and some smithies had set up as a smithy shop. Chiaki smiled, and nodded, “this is where I will set up shop too. After all, best way to learn is to do it by hand, do you mind if I set up right next to your smithy, and I will give… half. Half of the proceeds to your shop for setting up next to you?”

“You don’t need to take that big a pay cut, but maybe pay us in advance for our techniques, and give us a royalty on top of that for the things you make with it here.” The shopkeep told her.

“Gotcha, I can do that.” Chiaki nodded, heading to the camp. She knew that this was auspicious. This would be a good way for her to learn more about the crafting world, and how to write and read Ancient runes.

--

Some time later, Chiaki found herself pouring over six different books, trying to learn the language, a sign above her head said, “Kyoukan Krafts and Armor!” The redhead tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, getting it out of the way of her reading, and continued to pour over the words. She took notes, tapped her chin, and had apparently decided to transcribe the parts that she wanted to her own book.

“These runes are their own language.” She muttered, “Seem to have a basis in some sort of northern dialect, and some of them are noises, while others are pictographs, and some are both.” She grumbled and ran a hand through her hair once more, her butterflies attempting to keep the hair out of her face were not doing their job, but she didn’t care much about that.

The area about her radiated calm, it was a deafening use of her pheromones, and she knew it on a subconscious level, but she wanted to make sure that she didn’t become frustrated, annoyed, or otherwise make sure that her concentration was shaken.
jutsu trained (1200/1200 words)Show

*[Ancient Rune: Scholar]
D-rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisites: [Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu Concentration]
Not an actual fuuinjutsu technique, this discipline is the first step in a fuuinjutsu user being able to utilized 'Ancient Rune' techniques. A highly sought after talent, Runes are an ancient form of fuuinjutsu much stronger than the standard fuuinjutsu and are used to embed jutsu effects into things on a permanent basis. This discipline shows that the user has the knowledge to understand Runes, and can interpret what a Rune does through visual inspection. This technique is required to learn any [Ancient Rune] technique.

*[Ancient Rune: Novice]
D-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Scholar]
Reflective of the first step to actually utilize Runes, the 'Novice' is able to embed D-rank Ninpou effects with up to [25] Control and any other subsequent stats into a Rune. A semi-permanent version of fuuinjutsu, previously shaped chakra can be placed into a rune and then embedded into an object, allowing for the effect to be retained by the weapon indefinitely. Unlike standard charge fuuin, Runes cannot be removed via fuuinjutsu removal, but are negated when the object is detempered. This technique cannot be performed in combat. The Novice must know the technique being embedded, or currently have it stored in another Rune.

*[Ancient Rune: Ninpou Storage]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with a Ninpou Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune, and store the chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Ninpou enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.

*[Ancient Rune: Iijutsu Storage]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with an Iijjutsu Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune, and store the chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Iijutsu enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.
Last edited by Valkier on Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Graded
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Sinpoder

[festival] Cool Crafting Camp

Post by Sinpoder » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 pm

Li had decided that he was going to continue to wonder around this new place, still not able to locate a place to teach him the swords skills he required in order to get better but he had come to a realization that maybe he could make money by selling Kaguya weapons and armor. He needed money now for a project he was working on in the background, something experimental to see if it would even work. So in addition to needing to learn how to fight better, he also needed to learn the art of crafting! Li could have waited until he got back to his home but then he walked into a dome of calm and he instantly felt alot less stressed out.

Li relaxed in his skin, even as his mind tried as hard as it could to fight against what was happening to him. Something was very wrong here, he shouldn't be this calm right now! He had problems that needed to be solved! As Li looked around to see what could have caused this he eventually caught eyes with the only person he knew capable of doing this. Chiaki Kyoukan. The women who was 'unkillable'. Well this was interesting as Li looked over and say that she had a sign over her head, stating that she knew how to create weapons or atleast was currently selling them. Li made a series of logical leaps to get to this point but hey, Chiaki didn't seem to have ever lied to Li before now. So might as well try.

Li walked over to her, looking down at her for a moment and seeing that six different books were stacked around here and she seemed to be focusing. Well, Li would have normally left at this point but he felt pretty good and calm right now so what was the worst that could happen. " Hello Ma'am. It is good to see you again, I hope I am not interrupting but are you willing to spend some time and teach me crafting? I want to see what a Kaguya would be capable of making if I tried to learn. "

Li stood there and waited for an answer back, though he did expect even in his calmed mind to be told to fuck off and go learn from someone else but whos to say. Chiaki was an oddity in his world. A factor that didn't make any sense yet.

Izanagi

[festival] Cool Crafting Camp

Post by Izanagi » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:12 pm

Typically Takeo quite enjoyed these festivals, the opportunity to mingle and learn about other cultures and find a common ground even among enemy nations. However, he was no fool. He knew well the tensions between the nations and could always feel the drum of war on the horizon. He had known back in Steam country that Tatsuo had intended on breaking the treaties and here they were, socializing at a festival while their armies marched on Wind country. Soon, he would join the front lines himself, a matter of days before he would be fighting for the people of Wind country.

As a shinobi he was raised for combat and had become a true warrior for his people. But he longed for peace, a united front that could stand against Iwagakure's tyrany. He was grateful at least that he had the friendship of the Kazekage and Raikage to see their people through these trying times. Only by standing together would they keep the peace they had each worked so hard to accomplish for their people. With that in mind he chose to embrace what happiness he could, spending time with his family and friends and enjoying that his sons were brought together for another reunion. There were always things to be grateful for and that is what he chose to focus on during these times of tension.

As a symbol of his people he had accepted the expectation of him to don his Hokage robes in events such as these. As much as he prefered to maintain some anonymity he knew it bolstered morale to see the Hokage walking openly among his allies and enemies alike. He left his hat behind however, considering it rather cumbersome and instead simply wore the white and red robes overtop of brown pants and a navy blue longsleeve shirt. His attire was often rather simple, favoring colors associated with the elements he wielded. He carried a Dagger on his left thigh, short sword at his lower back, and kunai holster on his right thigh but otherwise wasn't dressed for combat.

After spending the morning with family and friends he had parted ways, each going about the village to explore. Naturally his Anbu bodyguards followed behind him from a safe distance, unmasked as per the protocols of the event. It was unnecessary but Masuru and Toshiaki were among his closest friends and he found it difficult to go anywhere without them insisting on watching his back. Eventually the Hokage made his way toward the forges, curious about the quality of weaponry these peace keeper samurai boasted. If they weren't suitable for combat against shinobi he feared they wouldn't be able to command the same respect that Iron country had done for generations.

Much to his surprise however, he caught the sight of a beautiful red-headed woman working under a sign with the name Kyoukan written on it. The bearded warriors piercing blue eyes took in the sight and he found his curiosity awoken. Approaching he smiled and nodded to any blacksmith that made eye contact with him as he glanced between their wares. But it was at the Kyoukans tent where he would settle himself. He noted a young Kaguya boy approach and speak to her. It seemed they had likely already met eachother earlier in the festival and it surprised him somewhat to see Kirigakure and Kumogakure shinobi getting along but ultimately he wouldn't treat the boy with any discrimination. Instead, he simply approached casually and would wait for an opportune time to chime in, "A Kyoukan blacksmith eh? Your clan is known for healing, aren't they? Do you specialize in armors perhaps?" He wondered curiously, a set of healing armor would certainly be handy and he was sure his wife and children would appreciate him wearing something like that. He had never placed much value on equipment, finding it detrimental to rely too much on anything other than oneself and your allies. At 43 years old he still looked as strong and handsome as in his 30's but he did find himself out of touch with the way the younger generation did things.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Kanade

[open][festival] Cool Crafting Camp

Post by Kanade » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:52 pm

Chiaki looked up as Li parked himself across from her and blinked a couple of times, closing her books and folding her hands as he greeted her and front loaded with a question. She nodded, “I-” She was just about to tell him that no, he wasn’t interrupting and that she would love to show him how to craft, when a man that everyone knew, but she certainly didn’t, walked up and sat across from her, next to Li, giving him a nod.

“I am a Kyoukan, yes, and I do specialize in armors, but I also have been known to make a weapon or two for the right person.” That person being Kirari. She tilted her head to the side, studying him, he looked like one of those lads that she had sparred with all that time ago, one of the lads that had walked around Konoha with her. What were their last names? She squinted, trying to think of them, but ultimately shook her head, waving away the memories in favor of just being in the moment with the two of them.

“Kyoukan, Chiaki, at your service.” She reached a hand over to shake Takeo’s hand and then looked to Li, giving him an apologetic smile, “This is my new apprentice, Kaguya, Li, we met only a short time ago, and he is wanting to learn how to make things, so working on a project for you would probably be in all of our interests.” She was trying to compromise, was rather obvious in it, and hoped that she was doing a better job than she thought. After all, it was a konoha ninja that was at the festival, and a kiri ninja that was asking to be her ‘prentice. She wasn’t wearing the Kumogakure headband that she still had in her backpack, but in this instance, it was probably best that everyone thought she was an ally.

She decided, with some relief, that the festival in pebble was a good thing. No one was hunting her, no one was fighting, unless it was in the underground sparring ring, and people were coming here under one banner to show their stuff and train, and to relax. It was overall a much needed breather from the warring nations. She hoped that this sort of event would possibly stimmy the violence that loomed like a dark bird just on the horizon, the black corvid of war.

She ushered Li around the table, “Now, to be a crafter, you’re going to need to be able to create all sorts of things, let’s start by filling his order mm?”

She looked back to Takeo and nodded politely to him, “Eh, when you give us your order, we’ll make it for you and I’ll come find you when it’s done. I can lend you one of these to find you later on.” She held up her finger and a butterfly landed on it, before speeding toward the hokage at a deadly speed, stopping about four meters from him and started flitting about his head lazily.

“Don’t mind them, they’re just playful like that,” She motioned to the butterflies all around her.

She leaned down to whisper in Li's ear, "When we have finished with his order, I'll teach you everything I know."

jutsu learnedShow
*[Ancient Rune: Apprentice]
C-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Novice]
The next step to utilize Runes, the 'Apprentice' is able to embed up to C-rank Ninpou and Basic Elemental effects with up to [35] Control and any other subsequent stats into a Rune. A semi-permanent version of fuuinjutsu, previously shaped chakra can be placed into a rune and then embedded into an object, allowing for the effect to be retained by the weapon indefinitely. Unlike standard charge fuuin, Runes cannot be removed via fuuinjutsu removal, but are negated when the object is detempered. This technique cannot be performed in combat. The Apprentice must know the technique being embedded, or currently have it stored in another Rune.
Last edited by Kanade on Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

Sinpoder

Post by Sinpoder » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:27 pm

Another person appeared next to Li, someone that Li could never have imagined in his wildest dreams. The Kage of the Village Hidden in the Leaf. The only reason why Li even knew it was him was because of the robes that he wore, making it very clear that he was the leader of his village. On his person was a navy blue shirt and brown pants. On his left thigh was a dagger, on his lower back a short sword and a kunai holster on his right thigh. Li stood there for a moment and tried to figure out what the hell he could do. This wasn't his Kage, but it was still someone that was powerful and worthy of his respect. Even though their villages might not be of the best of terms, it was still a matter showing the best he could.

Li also then realized that there was zero chance, even at this festival, that they would leave the Hokage unguarded. It was possible, not even remotely likely, that someone could assassinate the Kage here and just accept the fact they would never make it out alive. Li didn't know a single thing about the Hokage's power but he knew Kages died in combat all the time. Li didn't bother looking around to see if he could spot his guards, there was zero chance he would see them if they were serious about this. He was a genin and anyone sent to guard their Kage was of Jonin level at the barest minimum. Thinking back to what he should do at this moment, he eventually pieced together what he should do in this situation.

Li turned towards the Hokage and bowed to him at a 45 degree angle, he most likely should have done more but he wasn't sure how to approach this as he didn't want his village to seem weak because he bowed too low but also didn't want to disrespect the Kage by not bowing enough or not at all. Li didn't say anything to the man as he wasn't sure what to say at all. Even if this man was an enemy, he was still a leader of a hidden village and someone who earned that title. Someone dangerous.

Li was called to behind the table at this point and was then given instructions. Take the man's order, attempt to complete it and then he would learn. Well this should be easy enough. Li turned and listened to what the Kage had to say was his order, if anything at this point, before turning to watch and see what Chiaki did to make this object. If no object was being made, Li would take the chance to begin reading up on some books that were left around that appeared to have the very basics of creating weapons.

The first book Li picked up was a book about the very basics of Shinobi Gear, such as shurikens, kunai, senbon and arrows. Creating a kunai started with the right material, normally iron but in modern day stainless steel is more often used. The next step is to heat the metal into a billet, forging the metal together into a single piece before hammering it into shape. A kunai would have a pointed end, with a handle with a ring at the end. The following process was the same for Senbon, though it was shaped as a thing pointed needle normally 20 cm long and sharpened to pierce armor.

None of this was hard for Li to understand, as it didn't take him long to figure out how to do this, though he put everything into the context of crafting it with his bones rather then using metal. Li understood how to make his bones work but not how to make an anvil work for him.

The next book that Li read was about bladed weapons, including daggers, short swords and katanas. These were very common weapons, Li had also used these in the past before, though not really to great effect given that he didn't know any techniques or styles and was simply swinging the sword around like a child, a very disciplined child but a child non the less. Li slowly attempted to form a sword out of his wrist, but as he did it he realized that the shape was off before he stopped growing it and it fell to the ground, not even a full blade. Li thought about this for a moment as he tried to piece together the best way to use his abilities to make this easier on him. Li had the chance to make amazing weapons if he could make his body do what he needed to do, but either way. He had a long way to go and still had various other books sitting next to him as he read.
Justus LearnedShow

WC 815
-400 Weapon Crafting, Shinobi Tool Set
-400 Weapon Crafting, Sword Weapons

*[Weapons Crafting • Shinobi Tool Set]
D-rank Weapon Crafting Maneuver
The most common secondary weapons used by shinobi are shuriken, kunai, senbon, and arrows. Having spent so much time producing these specific weapons, this smith is able to produce said weapons at half the price, allowing them to buy 10 of the weapons for the price of 5.

*[Weapons Crafting • Sword Weapons]
This smith has specifically learned how to craft various type of normal sword type weapons including daggers, short swords, and katana, reducing the production cost for them by half

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:41 pm

Takeo’s piercing blue eyes locked onto Chiaki’s. Such vibrant orange eyes, she reminded him of the Enkouten clan members, or perhaps even the Hizashi. They were among the most beautiful families in the world in his opinion and he had always greatly enjoyed his trips to Suna and even held onto a lovely memory of a secret rendezvous with an Enkouten MN. “A pleasure to meet you Chiaki. I’m Takeo” he introduced as he reached out a powerful, calloused hand to greet her. He had never been a fan of the custom of bowing and much preferred a good handshake. Being a physical person by nature he expressed his feelings through touch and found he could read a great deal about a person by their grip and their physical tells. As ever the Fangless Hounds keen nose picked up the slightest scents, and even in his aging years his ears were acute enough to hear a pin drop from 50 meters away. Wisps of grey mixed with slight traces of reds and deep chestnut browns throughout his neatly trimmed beard and short hair.

Even through the man’s robes his figure was imposing, broad-shouldered, with a powerful chest and biceps the size of cantaloupes. He stood only 4 inches taller than the woman, and instead of menacing he gave off an aura of kindness despite the feeling of power. His nose twitched slightly as he noted her fragrance, even through the smoke and steel she had a distinctly feminine scent, but so too he could detect it permeating the air all around them, emanating from the many tiny butterflies he had noticed. However, as she introduced her full name his eyes widenened slightly in recognition. He had in fact heard of her. After all he had personally approved her visit to Konoha and assigned his son Takeshi to escort her through the village. It was unfortunate that he had been too busy to receive her himself. If he had known of her beauty he certainly wouldn’t have given that priveledge to his sons. He recalled that she had visited a second time as well, when Yozei had been visiting home. He would have to ask about that later, if Yozei was anything like himself, then surely, he had been keeping Chiaki to himself. But what was more alarming was the more recent news he had heard of her. Something about Muramasa Maido and a hospital explosion. But that was a topic best avoided for now.

Instead, he looked deeply into the woman’s eyes as he held her hand. There was something about her that he couldn’t quite place, something that didn’t feel entirely human. Just what had Maido done to such a beautiful and talented young woman? “You are remarkably beautiful. I can see why my sons took to you” he observed, his hand lingering on hers for a moment before gently releasing her hand from his grip. He had been sure to be firm but not overpowering, and in her grip he could feel her lack of confidence in herself. Perhaps she wasn’t used to being praised. He could see too where those insecurities could lead to her being easily manipulated. Already his eyes seemed to stare right through her into her soul. While Takeo may not have been the most skilled fighter in the world, he was an expert at reading people, and he possessed a nearly supernatural intuition. His ability to form alliances and build trust and faith in his comrades had always been his greatest strength.

Takeo noted the Kaguya boy bowing to him. That was plenty enough respect for him and truthfully, he wouldn’t have blamed the kid for despising him and cursing him out. The indoctrination of Kirigakure was certain to vilify Konoha and their brutal training methods tended to kill the humanity in even their children. If anything, he felt sadness and pity for the child. But so too did he understand that it was the shinobi way for children to become soldiers and even kids from his own village were trained to kill. But how someone lived their life mattered, not just the actions they took but their values and reasoning for behaving the way they did. “Kaguya Li. I’ll remember that name and pray that my children never have to face you in battle. You’ll become a fine warrior. I can see it in your eyes” he observed. There was a wariness there, the kid was a killer that was certain and he worried for his daughters in particular, Kaori, Hanako and Mika were kind girls who just wanted to help others and do their part. But his sons were true warriors, especially Takeshi and he worried that he saw the same darkness in Li’s eyes that he did in his youngest son’s.

The Hokage looked contemplative for a few moments as he considered the future of the village and the lives his children would live. Had he done enough? His time as Hokage was nearly at an end, and for all he accomplished it still seemed there was so much he couldn’t change and lives he couldn’t truly protect. There was so much pain and regret in those cobalt blue eyes of his, and yet he too was a true warrior. He would shoulder any burden for those that he loved and would fight every day until he took his last breath for what he believed in. That was his Will of Fire. Chiaki asked him about his order and he turned and smiled, laugh lines across his eyes and slowly aging face. “A Breastplate, please. Something with healing properties, if possible. To keep me alive for my children’s sake and for my wife’s sanity” he chuckled lightly, he really was getting older. Starting to think about his mortality and get sentimental, but then, he was stepping down as Hokage. Soon he could finally retire and rest and make up for all the lost time he had spent working instead of nurturing his large family. One last battle, defending wind country and the alliance he swore to honor in memory of his dear friend, the departed former Kazekage, Henrin Kiyori.

Takeo smiled as the butterfly approached. It was quite fast, betraying Chiaki’s true talent as a shinobi. But he wasn’t concerned. He sensed no malice from Chiaki, whom he was certain was their master. He held up a finger for it to land on. “Beautiful, aren’t they? Pearl Morphos. One of my daughter’s favorites. She keeps butterflies herself, such beauty yet also deadly. One’s choice of pets tends to reflect their owner, don’t you think?” he questioned knowingly. It was apparent the woman was at least Jounin calibre, but he knew well the types who hid their strength behind a smile and a pretty face. “I imagine you have quite a few stories, don’t you Chiaki? Would you share them with me? Perhaps privately?” he inquired. He would be happy to hear her out without judgment and learn her account of things that had led her to this point in her life.
Last edited by Izanagi on Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:39 pm

And also, Suzuko was there!

Or rather, Fukuro-kun was, having wandered off on his own and gotten curious of what was going on in the world around him beyond being stuck to Suzuko's back. He did a very good job of just looking like a pretty normal backpack, hanging out where he needed to be and not drawing too much attention while he watched other people with curiosity, no visible eyes as he snuck from location to location, until he was lazily leaning up against an inconspicuous piece of scenery where he stumbled across... The cool crafting club! And perhaps more importantly, a ninja named Li.

Fukuro-kun's curiosity drove him to watch the man reading a book, something that Suzuko did often, but he was a bit more active and animated in the act, including doing some kind of funky stuff where he shot a blade out of his arm that clattered down onto the floor, causing the backpack youkai to startle a bit and move about, before sticking his tongue out to slurp up the fallen blade bit before returning to look rather disanimated, chewing quietly on the bone that he'd been gifted like a puppy.

As he chewed on the blade, he thought about the act the man had performed and the hamsterwheel that constituted his brain started to turn, and turn, and turn, before it caught fire and the backpack had an idea. Taking the bone that he'd started to chew up into little pieces, he bit at specific angles and reconstituted the bone bit until it looked like a pretty convincing replica of the steel throwing knives that Suzuko kept inside of him, before spitting it back out, sliding covered in youkai saliva until it landed back in the exact spot the bone blade had been dropped by Li originally.

[Wordcount 304]
Jutsu (learned from Li)Show
*[Weapons Crafting • Shinobi Tool Set]
The most common secondary weapons used by shinobi are shuriken, kunai, senbon, and arrows. Having spent so much time producing these specific weapons, this smith is able to produce said weapons at half the price, allowing them to buy 10 of the weapons for the price of 5.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:59 pm

One never knew what they were going to see at large gatherings of multiple different countries like this.

For instance, how many people would you assume had an expectation to see a girl walking around with a giant purple mushroom sitting on top of her head? Probably not many, logically speaking. For the most part the Kinoko were still as of yet unknown to the world at large. So unknown, in fact, that one might be forgiven for assuming that it wasn't a mushroom on top of the girl's head at all, but instead a very strange hat. It certainly looked like a hat, unless you looked under it and saw the deep purple gills - but even then it could still be mistaken for a hat!

And what of the girl herself? Well, Shiun Kinoko was walking around like she owned the place - nay, marching! Her hands were balled into fists, she looked straight ahead, she confidently placed one foot in front of the other, her head was held up high, her hair draped behind her like a cape as she strode through the crowds. She looked so much like she knew what she was doing, in fact, that you could easily forgive the inobservant from thinking that the purple clad young girl knew exactly where she was going and was marching with such an intent to arrive at her destination that she wasn't about to let anyone stop her! Her expression certainly looked determined, lower lip slightly jutted out, brow slightly furrowed, eyes focused. If anything she was the picture of intensity and purpose for a girl her age.

In reality she was panicking. Hard.

Shiun had no idea where she was, she was totally lost. She'd been wandering around for a couple of hours now simply trying to find a familiar place - someone, anyone, she knew from Tea, a fellow Kinoko that happened to be there, some Samurai with the Heart Empire insignia literally anyone! But so far her efforts had been for naught and, wary of strangers in strange foreign countries as she was when she wasn't directly accompanied by a superior samurai, young Shiun had resolved to do what she usually did when she had no idea what to do - put on a brave face and mind her own business until life came along and pushed her in the right direction. It usually worked for her, anyways, and this time she wasn't even trying to talk to anyone so that she didn't get in trouble by saying something stupid like she usually did!

This, of course, meant that internally she was screaming her head off and had a tight blackhole of anxiety ever growing in the center of her chest, but hey, she wasn't getting into any trouble and that was the important thing (she kept telling herself)! So it was that Shiun Kinoko, completely ignoring her surroundings, walked right past Suzuko, a girl she actually knew, and a small group of others she had absolutely no clue who they were, not paying either any mind, just mindlessly marching on and trying to look tough, unapproachable, like she knew exactly what she was doing.

Yeah... yeah... she was probably going to cry about this later when she was alone and no one could see her.

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:09 pm

As Takeo locked eyes with Chiaki, her butterflies stiffened, ready for an attack, but as Chiaki found no malice in them, the butterflies put out a pulse once more, a stronger, more overwhelming pulse of calm. The butterflies, including the one in Takeo’s grasp all burned with a bright blue light before the pheromones blanketed the area. The calm that settled over the smithies would help focus, and would defray her nerves. She dipped her head in deference and in greeting to the Kage, both in equal measures once again. She took his own in hers. Her hand was not calloused, Silicone didn’t need to be, and her strength didn’t come from her arms, but rather from her knowledge, and the use of Jikiton and Kouton in her crafting. She had a flawless ability to make, mold, and hone weapons, armor, and the like. She was only now dipping her toe into crafting weaponry and armor with runes in them. The art of rune-writing was something that required the precision that she brought with it, and she hoped that she would be able to help with anyone who needed it. The callouses on his hands felt rather like a leather grip of one of the spears she had made, or akin to a wooden spoon that had seen much love. They weren’t rough, but rather they were well-worn and inviting, warm and strong.

Her heart stopped, breathing too, as she took in his aura, the calm that was palpable melted into companionship. The pheromones seeping into every nook and cranny in the area permeated by the host of her butterflies, a two hundred meter radius was inundated by that nigh invisible cloud, but the butterflies glowed, channeling the feelings that she herself was feeling. She wished that she had met Takeo before she had left Kumogakure no Sato, had wished that she had perhaps made different choices. Looking to her side she noticed the Kaguya and her face lit up warmly with motherly care. Then again, had she taken a different path she wouldn’t have ever met this remarkable young man, and if she had, she might have been asked to attack, or even kill him. It was better to be neutral in all things. She knew that she was now an Iwagakure ninja, but this festival gave her much leeway in the way of a lot of things, including, but not limited to who she could have as patrons for her establishment.

She cleared her throat as he commented on her beauty, putting her free hand, not in his grasp to her face as she blushed, the faux silicate blood flooding her cheeks with hot fervour. “You are definitely your son’s father. I only met them a short time when I was in your village.” She nodded once more to him, thanking him silently with the motion as she smiled, more easily at him. She then cleared her throat, “You also know how to flatter a woman. I am nothing special in any sense of the word.” It didn’t take a lot to read Chiaki, she was always an open book. Her willpower was something lacking in the way of her skills. She was most often herself when she was dealing with kind people, with hurt people, or when she was set on a task for helping someone that she knew could benefit from it. Takeo was the influence that she needed for her petals to unfold, showing the real blossom that she could have been, had her heart not been stilled by the silicone. Had she not sacrificed a human heart for a cold, inhuman core.

“A breastplate.” She nodded, “And with what kind of healing properties.” She smirked at him, twirling a red strand of her hair thoughtfully and raised an eyebrow, “You should know better than to ask for something that is as broad as that from a medical Kunoichi.” She produced a scroll and brush with an ink-well, she pointed to the utensils, “If you would start on writing down the instructions, I can more readily craft what you would like. ‘Healing properties’ can include an armor that will draw toxins out of your skin into the armor and destroy it, mend wounds that you have through a simulated hovering palm technique such as this.” She wove a series of hand seals and hovered her palm over the paper, it was a coined technique of her own making, called ‘goddess palm’. “The other properties are mending bones so that you can continue to fight through broken limbs, soothing burns, even curing paralysis.”

She gave a quick look to the Kaguya child and wondered whether he was taking note as to what properties could be inscribed in armors, weapons, and the like. She was a specialist in these types of things, but even she still needed to learn how to craft exactly what Takeo was asking for. Each suit of armor, each weapon, each tool was unique. As unique as the shinobi or kunoichi that made it, and special to both the crafter and the recipient. She wanted to make sure that she got it right.

“I promised this young man something as well, but I can also make it after your order, since I believe that I will have to have a more specialized, and personalized touch to make his tool.” She looked back to him and gave him a warm smile, “I am a bit strange, I am sure you know, for a Kyoukan. I don’t really believe in borders.” Clearing her throat she put that aside at his mention of her butterflies.

“Pearl morphos, indeed, they are.” She bowed her head, “They are lovely little things that usually would rather that I wasn’t a shinobi. They help keep me out of more trouble than you could imagine. I prefer to stay away from battle, and these little beauties help me in that regard. They, well, I would say that they detest battle as much as I do.” Chiaki smiled as she held out her index finger and another one landed, fanning its wings, on the tip. Ten could fit, single-file on that one digit.

“I wish that I was more like these butterflies, I-” She shook her head, “Let’s talk more when your breastplate is finished, and I’ll let you ask as many questions as you wish to slake your interest.” She chuckled warmly, “I wish that I had as many stories as you, I am sure that you have many, many more than I do.”

She turned to skim her records once more for the techniques that she would need for the crafting of the breastplate. She knew that she would have to combine many different things. If he were to be going into battle, perhaps something that was made of Kouton. She was in the bingo book, but she wondered whether or not Takeo had taken a look at it recently. If he had, he would probably ask for something with the element in it, if not something made from the element itself. She nodded as she looked over the contents of the book and placed a couple of bookmarks into the pages as markers for what she believed she would need to make his breastplate.

Jutsu trained (300 per jutsu this month)Show
1215 words: 4 jutsu trained!
*[Ancient Rune: Journeyman]
B-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Apprentice]
The next step to utilize Runes, the 'Journeyman' is able to embed up to B-rank Ninpou, Basic Elemental, and Genjutsu effects with up to [45] Control and any other subsequent stats into a Rune. A semi-permanent version of fuuinjutsu, previously shaped chakra can be placed into a rune and then embedded into an object, allowing for the effect to be retained by the weapon indefinitely. Unlike standard charge fuuin, Runes cannot be removed via fuuinjutsu removal, but are negated when the object is detempered. This technique cannot be performed in combat. The Journeyman must know the technique being embedded, or currently have it stored in another Rune.

*[Ancient Rune: Master]
A-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Journeyman]
Nearing the pinnacle of Runes, the 'Master' is able to embed up to A-rank Ninpou, Basic Elemental, Extension Elemental, and Genjutsu effects with up to [50] Control and any other subsequent stats into a Rune. A semi-permanent version of fuuinjutsu, previously shaped chakra can be placed into a rune and then embedded into an object, allowing for the effect to be retained by the weapon indefinitely. Unlike standard charge fuuin, Runes cannot be removed via fuuinjutsu removal, but are negated when the object is detempered. This technique cannot be performed in combat. The Master must know the technique being embedded, or currently have it stored in another Rune.

*[Ancient Rune: Abbot]
S-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Master]
Reflective of the ultimate ability to utilize Runes, the 'Abbot' is able to embed up to S-rank Ninpou, Basic Elemental, Extension Elemental, Genjutsu, and Pinnacle effects with up to [50] Control and any other subsequent stats into a Rune. A semi-permanent version of fuuinjutsu, previously shaped chakra can be placed into a rune and then embedded into an object, allowing for the effect to be retained by the weapon indefinitely. Unlike standard charge fuuin, Runes cannot be removed via fuuinjutsu removal, but are negated when the object is detempered. This technique cannot be performed in combat. The Abbot must know the technique being embedded, or currently have it stored in another Rune.

[Ancient Rune: Kouton Storage]
A-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Master]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with a Kouton Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune, and store the Kouton chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Kouton enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.
~~My characters~~

Sinpoder

Post by Sinpoder » Sat May 06, 2023 11:09 pm

As Li continued to read the books, he wasn't really paying any attention to what was going on around him or what the two adults were doing. They were talking about something that didn't involve Li, and while he was a Ninja and should be most likely listening into this conversation but he wasn't really interested in what Chiaki had to say to the Hokage. It wasn't likely that they would say anything important or interesting to Li infront of him, like secrets about the Hokage's weaknesses or anything useful to report back to the village.

Li put that book away and began to focus on other things, and was more then likely only going to focus on this until such a time where he was called or something of that nature. Picking up the next book in the stack, the cover reading " Let's Axe Your A Question? The History and Creation of Hafted Weapons". Whoever wrote this book clearly thought they were very funny, but Li opened the book up and began to flip through it. This covered everything from axes, halberds, spears and basically anything that used leverage or could be thrown by hand at an enemy. Considering that halfted weapons were one of the first things that man created to even the playing field against the creatures that they hunted for food, it makes sense there was so many of them. They were also extremely simple to make normally, and very effective. Though with the creation of Ninjustu and others, some of these are lessened in effectiveness as even with the added reach of these weapons the ninjustu user could normally just kill you even from beyond those ranges. Though a Taijustu user strong enough might be able to throw a spear hard and fast enough to kill the NInjustu user before they even had a chance to think, let alone make the hand signs needed to create a justu.

Well none of that really mattered as Li slowly extruded the bone from his wrist into the shape of a spear, one with a large leaf blade, and it ended up being nearly as tall as he was at the end of it, before he threw it to the side, and it snapped without much effort. Apparently he didn't put enough strength in the haft and it shattered on him, well that should be totally fine for now. It wasn't like he had wanted to use anyway and he could always clean it up later if required.

This wasn't all the difficult but Li couldn't help but then wonder how weapons were so strong anyway. Looking over at the stack of books next to him he found another one that said " Making a Thousand Layer sandwich! Making a stronger steel " and Li began to read this book. Once again whoever wrote this was trying to write this in an interesting way, to keep the reader interested but Li found it annoying more than anything. He was here to read the book, absorb the information and then go on with his life. He only had so much time in his life, and he didn't want it wasted by being entertained when he wanted to be taught.

Eventually the author got to the point and began the process of forging pieces of iron or steel together into a billet, a cube block of material, heating it up to the point that they use a specialized tool to nearly cut it in half before bending it backwards ontop of itself. It would then go back into the heat in order to 'forge weld' the pieces together creating a stronger piece as the metal structure began to harden as the grains of the metal overlapped and created less weakness in the piece over all. Li though about this for a moment as he never really thought about what makes his bones as strong as they were, and wondered if this process could be used in a similar way. Li wouldn't need to reforge it, as he could just force the bone to fuse together without issue, as if they were already one piece. So would Li have to create a bar in different directions to have this happen? Grow the bone in one direction, turn the growing on the top of that piece to create several overlapping and crossing pieces of bone. That should in theory work, and Li then focused and attempted to make another spear, this time attempting to create several layers of bones going in different ways rather then one single piece.

Once that was done, Li threw it against the wall again, this time it didn't snap at the haft like the last time. Well that did seem to fix this issue. Li nodded to himself as he figured that was a way to get this done and that he would have to reabsorb that when his training was done. No reason to leave a spear like that out and about.
Justus Trained Learned from ChiakiShow
*[Weapons Crafting • Hafted Weapon]

WC 834

This smith has specifically learned how to craft various types of Hafted weapons such as axes, blunt weapons, flails and the like, reducing the production cost by half.

*[Weapons Crafting - Reforged: Strengthening]
D-Rank Weapon Crafting Maneuver
The user uses their refined knowledge of special blacksmithing methods, their chakra, and other materials to enhance the capability of a weapon or item by increasing its [Strength] and [Endurance] stat by 5 points each time the technique is used on the item. Due to the crafter's level of proficiency, they are able to perform this crafting enhancement at half the normal cost.
Last edited by Sinpoder on Sun May 07, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun May 07, 2023 5:33 pm

Fukuro-kun was having a great time. Normally he just napped on Suzuko's back all day, so this was something unique and interesting to him! Whoever this person was doing all this studying seemed weird, reading kinds of things that Suzuko wouldn't have laid her hands on! Certainly, she read some instructional manuals, but most of them had to do with chakra manipulation or some other tomfoolery that Fukuro didn't really understand. He used chakra, certainly, and was a very prolific fire breather, but his knowledge of how the chakra actually worked was miniscule at the best of times, and more importantly, he didn't actually care.

These things Li were reading on the other hand spoke to him in a way he would never be able to describe. These were the creation of objects, and yet he felt, as someone inhabiting an object, that these objects were sacred in some way. Perhaps one day he could be crafting objects that warrior spirits like him would choose to inhabit, and he could earn himself some friends that were warrior spirits like he was! Of course, Suzuko was fine, he liked her, and even though she hated Goro, Goro slipped Fukuro snacks every now and again, so they were on good terms as well.

He sneakily held himself aloft with his tongue to look over Li's shoulder, his own eyes scanning the pages hungrily, though he was a bit of a slower reader than Li, causing him to only catch bits and pieces of the words on the book, forcing him to skim and never quite get the full picture... Except for the pictures on the book, which were certainly handy. He realized, especially on the book that had to do with folding steel, that he could do all this stuff easily, and sometimes did! His ability to heat metal in his mouth and shape it was something he'd toyed with any time scraps fell in, or sometimes when Suzuko sent an extra piece of metal his way without thinking, and then would wonder why it disappeared later when she went to go look for it.

This reminded him that there were several spare knives inside of him that Suzuko had picked up, pretty ornate ones that were proof of her visit to the Iron banner festival, which meant she probably wouldn't mind if her less interesting, plain knives and whatnot got played with, right? Well, even if she did mind, she might not realize it was him that had messed with them, so probably not a big deal at the end of the day. He slowly lowered himself back down to his little safespot underneath Li's chair and began to munch and chew, a little fire in his mouth heating things up appropriately as he played with them. Using her "Striker's Yari" for divine inspiration, he reshaped two of her knives into an appropriate spearpoint, and rearranged and munched at the wood to create a sort of makeshift handle...

Well, it wasn't perfect, but it DID look pretty convincingly made as if a professional had done it, AND he'd munched down on the knives hard enough to make them denser and harder, forge-hardening them in the process! Man, he was really good at this. Maybe if he kept this up he could not only make bodies for future friends, but maybe he could make himself a cool new body as well! The possibilities were flashing before his greedy little eyes, as he started to waddle his way back out of the library to return to the tent Suzuko was using during the event. So many cool things!

[Wordcount 607]
Jutsu (Learned from Li)Show
*[Weapons Crafting • Hafted Weapon]
This smith has specifically learned how to craft various types of Hafted weapons such as axes, blunt weapons, flails and the like, reducing the production cost by half.

*[Weapons Crafting - Reforged: Strengthening]
D-Rank Weapon Crafting Maneuver
The user uses their refined knowledge of special blacksmithing methods, their chakra, and other materials to enhance the capability of a weapon or item by increasing its [Strength] and [Endurance] stat by 5 points each time the technique is used on the item. Due to the crafter's level of proficiency, they are able to perform this crafting enhancement at half the normal cost.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:55 pm

Nozomi was wandering around looking for anything interesting in the festival to do. She had already had some interesting food that she decided to splurge on but now she wanted to see something else good. But so far other then the iron banner training hall that the pebble samurai were sharing with everyone.

There didn’t seem to be anything else worth it in this festival. It just seemed like a frivolous way to waste time for people who had nothing better to do. So as she continued to look around she would eventually spot Chiaki sensei who seemed to be distracted by the festival. As well as looking for something possibly? Either way it was a interesting diversion, as well as a possible test of skills. Normally she would never be able to observe and follow Chiaki sensei but maybe while she was distracted it was possible.

So she would do her best to stealthily follow Chiaki from a distance hiding in plain sight in the crowd as she observed her. Watching every store she goes into and observing the people she talks to.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Return to “Pebble Country”