[Festival] A bored ninja is bored.

Social that might turn into training. Open thread.

Situated between Rock Country and Wind Country, Pebble is a samurai country with the strongest non-shinobi police force in the world. Samurai from world over come to Pebble to train and learn a variety of sword styles. Pebble is split into 3 provinces, Ore, Mineral and Quartz.
chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Tue May 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Sachi smiled as she wandered through the festival area. She had been debating on trying to do some more training, try foods, or something else. At this point, she was still tired enough that training didn’t quite strike her fancy, so she decided to mostly people-watch until she felt like doing something else.

She walked with her fingers laced together, resting atop her head. There were vendors ranging from food stalls to ninja tools. It interested her to see the different kinds of people and goods that were floating around the area. Off in the distance, she could hear the sounds of fighting. Likely, more people were training at the grounds.

As she walked, part of her mind continued to wander. She wanted to meet more and more people. Making those friendships was important to her. Now that dying off from an illness from sheer lack of medical care wasn’t as big of a concern as it had been while she was growing up, the urge to make connections was strong. Sachi watched as people laughed and joked with each other while she walked. There was a lot on her mind and she definitely looked a little lost. Thankfully, she wasn’t completely worried about her safety with the Iron Samurai around to keep guard.

Eventually, the random wandering seemed to bore her. She spotted a vendor selling dango and smiled. As she procured her snack and tea, she looked around for somewhere to enjoy them. Her feet carried her toward the sounds of the training grounds, yet again. Whether or not she did any training herself, at least she knew there would be people around she could just watch.

So, with a slightly resigned sigh, she wandered the grounds, chewing on the sweet dumplings and sipping her tea. “Who will I meet today?” she mumbled to herself as she found a bench off to the side and sat. Her eyes danced around, watching different people as she just enjoyed the atmosphere.
Last edited by chocochipgamer on Tue May 23, 2023 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NameVillageRankTeam
Nomura, SachikoHeartAkibushi (D-Rank)NA

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Tue May 23, 2023 9:29 pm

Fanho wandered the festival, the Awai styled a loose fitting haori decorated with blue tropical flowers over his black t-shirt and dark round sunglasses. He was here on vacation. After all a festival is one to be enjoyed and savored. If not for meeting new people, beating up some of the local samurai for training both himself and them, then what else was a festival good for?

The Awai wandered the stalls peering at the different vendors as he chewed some takoyaki at first, the fried dough-balls filled with chunks of octopi satisfied his stomach for a mere few seconds before he already held a little cup with matcha mochi filled to the top.

What a steal. For a few ryo he was able to nab a full cup, although he did tip all the way up past the normal price so in the end he really didn't get a deal. None-the-less he wouldn't let the logic of his actions rain on his parade.

Unknowingly Fanho drifted to the training fields as he walked through people's spars ducking and weaving through their mock combat and move sets, popping a mochi ever so often as he finished chewing the last. It wasn't until long he found himself silently creeping up next to a Sachi seemingly asking for something interesting to happen in a festival where anyone could talk or interact, it just so happened she found Fanho or he found her? The Awai pondered the question before he overheard Sachi wonder whomst she'd come across today.

"Well certainly, it couldn't be someone you already met." The Awai flashed a grin as he popped another mochi chewing away at the soft treat. The Awai looked more lackadaisical than the last time they had met, more vacation beach attire than shinobi. Aside from the leaf symbol patterned in-between the tropical flowers.

"I'll give you three guesses who it might be."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Tue May 23, 2023 9:41 pm

The voice made her jump slightly. She must have been deeper into her thoughts than she ever meant to be in a setting like this. Regardless, she chuckled a little. When she finally looked over the man that had spoken, his attire made her smile. The voice, she recognized. But the person, she was having trouble placing. The very “non-shinobi” look he was donning may have been throwing her for more of a loop than she was ready for.

“Oh, I know I recognize your voice, but my brain is having a fit trying to remember,” she said as she squinted while taking a harder look at his appearance. The silvery color of his hair, fair skin, pale blue eyes, even behind the sun glasses.

She gasped quietly as it appeared a thought struck her. “Wait,” she paused with a giddy grin. “Fanho, right? Yozei’s friend? Sorry, I’m terrible with names sometimes, but at least I can remember faces.

“How are you doing today? You look,” she looked him over again, visibly trying to find the right word to describe his attire without being rude. “Comfortable.” It was hard to hide the giggle she was stifling, but she was desperately trying, none the less.
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue May 23, 2023 10:29 pm

Fanho leaned his mochi cup over offering Sachi a bite of the treat. Sure she had dango, but it was only fair to offer some of his to her. He only gave her a minor heart attack that spooked her. "I hope I'm not that forgettable, or maybe its the vacation get-up." Fanho pulled at his haori as he looked over his attire once more. It wasn't too out of place was it? It was quite comfortable though.

"Although you are right. I'll give ten points to the Heart Empire." The Awai flashed a toothy grin as he chuckled at her confusion behind the getup at first. It was a fair question though. He was quite comfortable in it. Breezy, inconspicuous even, if not for all the Konoha symbols laced within the flowers. Fanho theatrically threw the sides of the haori back giving wind to his metaphorical shirt sails as he cocked an eyebrow. "I can testify, it certainly is comfortable."

As for how he was doing today. He scratched his chin before retrieving a mochi rolling the green rice gooey ball between thumb and fingers. "Lets say I'm feeling quite, festive." A grin grew across his face at his own pun.

"How about yourself? Just taking in the view or about to partake in it with your own training?"
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Tue May 23, 2023 10:52 pm

“Definitely not forgettable,” she said with a smile. She shook her head and politely denied the offer of mochi as she finished her own snack. As he threw his shirt tail around theatrically, she couldn’t help but giggle at the motion. The breeze caught it just enough for her to understand what he was going for, but it clearly wasn’t going to waft behind him. “Though, I think the Konoha symbols might give you away.”

He said he had been feeling festive and that made her smile a little. Then, the dreaded return question. What WAS she going to do with herself today? The option to train was certainly on the table, but she was enjoying just relaxing and watching, too. “Honestly, I’m not sure. I’ve been wandering around just enjoying the sights, so far,” she sounded somewhat uncertain.

She finished off her tea, finally. With a deft motion, she flicked the stick from her dango and the empty cup into the trash can nearby. Sachi gave a satisfied nod as she brushed her hands off on each other and smiled back to Fanho. “Well, I did have fun the other day, but there were just so many people,” she said with a sheepish grin. “Not to mention, I was a little off put by the sheer power difference between myself and others. Not their fault, just, ya know, my own mind working against me.

“If I did train, I might just be self-conscious again,”
she offered a smile when she spoke. It clearly provided the glimpse of apprehension she was trying carefully to hide.
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue May 23, 2023 11:14 pm

"Fair point. Inconspicuous vibes aren't my thing." The Awai said as he pointed at Sachi giving her a humorous serious international spy-like wink. He was definitely not the stealthy type. After all, he lasted no more than maybe five days in ANBU. Lead foot and fist all things considered.

He nodded as Sachi relished on her day so far. Taking in the sights of the festival and Pebble as a whole. Visiting vendors, enjoying the customary dishes. "Plenty to see and do that aren't training. After all, what's a festival if not for the festival part?" The Awai thumb flicked a mochi in the air catching it with his mouth before scarfing the treat down quickly. "If this was just nothing but training, it'd be held at a dojo."

Fanho came to similar conclusion at the end of his treat as he three pointer shot the cup into the can. His own basketball career starting before their very eyes. "Very true, a gazillion people is definitely a crowd. Not a very personable training session if everyone just walks onto the field." Fanho nodded his head as he thought to himself. "Or very conducive to a good learning environment." Fanho smiled as he stepped onto the field.

"Although you shouldn't let the differences between yourself and someone else discourage you." The Awai tucked his hands behind his back as he walked around the empty field near them. "After all, they're not you. What you should compare is yourself to how you were yesterday. Its the only comparison that matters at the end of the day when training anything."

"But you also gotta be kind to yourself. How can you expect to grow when you're thinking small." The Awai winked as he tapped his head.
Last edited by Director on Tue May 23, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Wed May 24, 2023 11:27 am

Sachi smiled as he agreed with her sentiment on training so much during a festival. “That’s what I was thinking, actually,” she chuckled a little. She watched as he walked onto the training field and she felt herself tense a tiny bit. He seemed to gently chide her anxiety about her skill level and she sighed with an air of understanding .

The man was right. Constantly comparing herself to someone else was akin to always looking behind yourself as you tried to walk forward. If you did that, you just risked walking into a tree or stumbling instead of growing. “I suppose you make a fair point,” she nodded and smiled in agreement. She slipped off the bench and stretched her arms out. Then over her head, pushing herself onto her tip toes for a proper stretch.

Then, he made a comment about thinking too small. She knew he wasn’t making a short joke. But, how could she not tease him? Sachi was feeling playful, suddenly and couldn’t stop herself before she puffed up like a grumpy cat. The look in her eyes, at least, wasn’t anger. Even if the rest of her stature read frustration. “I’m sorry, did you say I was thinking too small? Did you just call me short?” her tone was feigned anger. Her eyes sparkled with a sense of mischief and the beginnings of a smile as she walked closer to him on the training field.
Last edited by chocochipgamer on Wed May 24, 2023 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed May 24, 2023 8:53 pm

Fanho sighed as he walked towards Sachi as serious as he could be. The seriousness permeated the training field. The silence left in wake of his sigh would crack the heavens even. Was there an apology afoot? Had he offended Sachi? Many questions to be had about the situation. It seemed he truly could've made her mad with his comment. Perhaps was it short sighted? A step a tad too short? Maybe even a low blow? A small unintended slight. A minuscule mistake made in the heat of the speech (One Fanho was still waiting for Takeo to deliver). Perhaps Sachi had a short temper even?

Fanho then propped his elbow on Sachi's head as he leaned onto her. "Well to be fair I don't think anyone has said you're tall right?"

The Bannin smiled as he reoriented himself back into the middle of the training field relieving Sachi of her duty tucking his hands into pockets located conveniently on the haori. "Remember, you always gotta be one step ahead of your opponent, or in your case you may have to take some extra steps." Fanho smacked his lips as he shrugged peering over his dark round glasses at Sachi. He grinned at Sachi playfully giving away the ruse. Some playful banter between the two. After all, this wasn't a dojo as he said. Goofing off was a requisite at festivals.

"Well, with all this short talk. Seems like your combat is short as well. Ranged I mean. You think of the path you wanna take or skills you wanna form?"

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Wed May 24, 2023 9:08 pm

He looked so serious for a bit, she worried he was upset by her teasing. But, when he put his elbow on her head, she realized he was joining in on the playfulness. With a quick few motions, she swatted her hand in front of her face like she were trying to knock away something that smelled bad. Her nose crinkled and she breathed out a short puff of air, trying to blow something away. As he stepped away again, more witty banter at play, she tried to hide a laugh, but it wasn’t entirely successful.

The look on his face gave away that he was also trying to play around, so that helped her to relax a bit. She gave up trying to hide her smile and, instead, let it reach all the way to her eyes. Maybe this would be more fun than it had been the other day? Besides, he seemed to be a fairly interesting fellow.

“... You think of a path you wanna take or skill you wanna form?”

His question made her pause for a long moment. It was something she had, in fact, been pondering. Her size was was a draw back that she had always tried to work around, but never had much success with. Even in her classes, most of the people that were her size were also around half her age. Sachi let out a slightly frustrated sigh before she spoke up, “At the moment, I figured it was better to work on my close quarters combat, but it’ll be better in the long run for me to keep people back.” She gestured to her stature with a joking smile, “Not exactly the picture of ‘intimidating.’”
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed May 24, 2023 10:43 pm

Close quarters, small stature. Intimidation out the picture. What was left for this smol person skilled in the arts of fist fighting? Fanho kicked the dirt around his feet as he thought for a few seconds. For Fanho time passed slower his thoughts blazed through thousands of solutions. The most particular one that stood out was some from his own wares of techniques. Perhaps he could teach her how to use her skills and techniques to her own advantage.

"Ahaaaa..." A proverbial and literal lightbulb of hiton appeared over Fanho's head as he nodded in affirmation of his idea. "What you need is grapples and techniques to cripple your opponent. Bring them to your level rather than try to bring yourself up to them."

Fanho held his hand out palm up open for Sachi as he beckoned for her hand in his. If she gave Fanho her hand he would slide it back before grabbing over top of hers and pushing inwards using the leverage of controlling her hand up to her wrist locking her arm into the downwards position sapping some of the strength available for her to exercise in that position with her hand restricted lest she apply force and break her wrist. "Don't think about raw strength overpowering someone. Think about using leverage, know holds, pits, and your opponents kinematics." Fanho smiled as his eyes and brows gestured for her to watch as he could control the movement of her hand with this simple wrist hold.

"Also learn your own kinematics." Fanho tapped his head before clapping over Sachi's hand with his free hand ending the hand holding lesson.

"It'll require some medical studying, but its important to know your own kinematics. Once you do, even opponents stronger than you that know leveraging this too, you can surprise them by knowing how to escape their holds." Fanho wobbled on his two feet fluidly as he moved to and fro. Demonstrating the properties of limber movement to move with attacks and reduce their effectiveness. "Move with your opponent, be fast, agile, nimble, and even if they land a solid hit they'll never be able to fully connect all that energy."
Jutsu TrainedShow
(had to do it to em) 373/300
[color=#44CFB0][b]Konoha Smash • Wrist Manipulation[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver[/i]
Fanho will grab his opponent's wrist twisting it inwards forcing it into an uncomfortable position reducing his opponent's strength by -3. This also gives him leverage over even stronger opponents requiring that they have 5 strength over Fanho's own to escape without damage. Lest they risk breaking their wrist impending the -3 strength debuff until healed.
Last edited by Director on Wed May 24, 2023 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Thu May 25, 2023 6:31 am

The light of the chakra forming over his head made her blink a few times. It wasn’t something she’d seen before, so it intrigued her. He seemed to be giving the idea of helping her great thought and it sort of threw her for a loop. When an idea struck him, she listened.

Grapples and techniques? Her level?

It was something she had considered in the past, but had never really figured out how to make it happen. She nodded, listening carefully to what he was saying. When he gestured for her to put her hand out, she looked confused, but, obliged. The look of confusion vanished the moment he grabbed her hand. It was replaced with two things.

First, realization that he was thinking about joint locks and other such options. Second, her face started to feel warm. Why did her face feel warm? She nodded, desperately trying to force away her awkward reaction. All she could do was hope he hadn’t spotted it as he pointed out a skill set she could look into. Then, he released her hand, and she hoped the silly reaction she had vanished with the simple motion.

“...require some medical studying…”

That was something she could do, right? It wouldn’t be too terribly difficult. “The, uh, I mean, pretty much everyone will always be stronger than me,” she stumbled a little over her words, but righted the verbal ship quickly. “Speed was something that I’ve always had to use instead of strength, even in my old village.” She smiled shyly as she tried to mimic the grip he had placed on her wrist. It was simple, but had been thoroughly effective.

“I may need more training that just medical studies, though,” she mumbled softly as she went through a few motions. With a trained eye, they were little, nonsensical, attempts at parsing out some joint locks. Sachi seemed to be trying to imagine some of the motions in her mind while they spoke. Nothing intelligible or accurate, but the wheels were turning.

Internally, however... 'Did I just blush from him taking my hand to put me in a wrist lock?!' *still internal, unintelligible, flailing and frustration*
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu May 25, 2023 8:41 pm

Fanho as he grabbed Sachi's hands took notice of the blushing but pushed it to the back of his mind being completely oblivious. It wasn't until Sachi started stumbling over his words that Fanho's ape brain worked out the situation forming in the back of his mind, however even then it neglected to tell him. The Kage Premier casually showed Sachi the wrist hold once more, slipping her hand over his as he peered over his glasses at her all cooly to explain the technique.

"Pshhh, you'll get this easy. So you've got my wrist in a hold, just push it in keeping mind to do so where my elbow will bend, and it'll give you control over my hand and even arm. If I try to push against you, it'll break my wrist." Fanho flourished his eyebrows as he revealed the secret punishment to escaping the technique and smiling as walking her through the technique.

"Once you get them in a lock you can basically control that whole side of their body." Fanho gestured for Sachi to continue using his wrist lock to lead his arm in a lock behind his back pinning it there. Sure Fanho had enough strength to break the hold and know how to just break it, but this was an important learning lesson to show her the potentials of the technique.

With his arm pinned to his back Fanho would lean back against Sachi pressing his back against her as he leaned his head all the way back to look at her, this time letting his glasses lean up against his forehead as he peaked at her from underneath them resting his head on her shoulder. "As you see, I am now stuck, lest I break my arm!"

"No one would wanna run away from this hold right?" The Awai flashed a toothy grin as he winked at Sachi before reversing the movement to free himself. P.s. Fanho's shampoo smells like ocean breeze and lavender. A lovely combination that gives off gentle scents and pleasant tingles to the nose.
Jutsu TrainedShow
353/300
[color=#44CFB0][b]Konoha Smash • Arm Lock[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver[/i]
After trapping an opponent's wrist Fanho can further apply pressure pinning their arm behind their back further reducing the ability of his opponent to exercise their strength by -6 Strength. Leveraging this position an opponent needs 5 more strength than Fanho to escape this, if not they risk breaking their elbow and wrist.
Last edited by Director on Thu May 25, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Thu May 25, 2023 9:03 pm

The color in her cheeks calmed down a tiny bit, the distraction of him speaking to her about the joint lock was helping… Sort of. At least it wasn’t making things worse. She nodded, gripping his wrist and twisting in the guided fashion. Sachi could feel the slight resistance in some motions, but that the effects were thankfully greater than the effort she exerted. A smile crept across her face as she started to nod and become a little more comfortable in the current situation.

He could see the gears continuing to turn as her attention remained steady on his lesson. She watched his wrist, then elbow, then paid close attention to how those two things forced him to remain at a particular distance from her. It was a simple move, one she hoped would fit well into her tool box, but the downside would be in figuring out how to actually apply it in real combat. She didn’t quite get her hopes up, but she at least became excited by the prospect.

Then, he gestured for her to pin his arm behind him. She nodded as he continued to explain more to her. Suddenly, his face was very close to hers. Her eyes went a tiny bit wide and her breathing almost stopped. He was literally resting his head on her shoulder. The scent of his hair gently wafted to her face and caught her off guard even more.

“No one would wanna run away from this hold right?” Fanho's voice was followed by a wink.

She blinked at the toothy grin, trying desperately to disguise the further dismay she was finding herself in. Thankfully, he spun him out and away from the wrist lock. Sachi breathed deeply for the first time with an uncertain smile. She tried to ignore the awkwardness of the things in her head, but it was only going so well.

“So, uh,” she coughed to clear her throat. “That’s the, uh, kinematics you were talking about? That kind of stuff?” She was trying to at least keep the discussion going, hoping beyond hope that it would distract her brain away from whatever the hell it was trying to do. Sachi shook her hands out, then clasped them together behind her back with a shy smile.

Internal chiding: ‘I’m going to die of embarrassment. This is how I die. Not in a fight against some epic villain… No, during a festival… In the middle of a training arena… Of embarrassment.’

Total: 408
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu May 25, 2023 10:19 pm

Fanho nodded his head as Sachi tried to bring her thoughts back to the lesson at hand. He was wondering what got her in all a tizzy. It was just training. Maybe it was hot out? Nah, Fanho felt pretty fine. Nice light breeze, in the shade of the training area, even flowers blooming around them. It was a quite nice environment, enjoyable, and set the mood and tone just right.

"Yeah kinematics. Knowing how people's bodies work lets you get them to move the way you want. Leverage yours against theirs." Fanho held his hand up gesturing with his other one for her to lock her fingers around his. "Here hold my hand." Fanho gave a smile as he kept peering over his eyes to make eye contact to really help Sachi nail down the training, and make sure she understood she had his attention.

"See when we lock fingers like this, I can pinch my fingers just a little bit tighter locking the knuckles of my fingers against yours, so now you can't pull away." The Awai chuckled as he then spun Sachi around as if the two were dancing. "Dancers do this to make sure they don't lose their partner. Its quite useful, maybe not in combat but you get the idea of kinematics."

Fanho bowed to his new found dance partner as he shrugged with his hands towards the sky. The lesson seemed to take hold and demonstrate the usefulness of learning how the body operated. Maybe Sachi would need more instruction or practice, but the lesson seemed to be helpful to her. She at least seemed a little excited at the idea of learning a new technique and way to fight. She seemed to keep blushing, maybe that's her way of showing interest in it.

"Its a real close and personal way of dealing with someone."

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Thu May 25, 2023 10:42 pm

She nodded as he spoke, turning her own joints different ways. It was something she did to try to understand how a particular motion or lock might feel, but, in this instance, she was just trying to see if she could sus out any other options on her own. From the corner of her eye, she saw him gesturing for her to put her hand in his. At which point, their fingers laced together.

His hand was warm and dwarfed her own. She saw a marked difference between the two even beyond just the size. His hands had the markers of a practiced fighter. A gentle ‘thump thump’ puttered in her chest, causing her to close her eyes again for a moment. Sachi felt ridiculous with how her body and mind were deciding to hijack the moment that should have been fun and informative. Instead, she was simply dreading the moment he would realize what was happening and SAY something. It would probably look like she was just swooning for a powerful shinobi, but she barely knew him. ‘Stupid bullshit,’ she silently swore to herself. His consistent eye contact wasn’t helping matters.

He twirled her around a little and it made her giggle. Not quite school girl levels, but was definitely there. Fanho made mention of it being a thing dancers did and she forced her mind to make the mental note. Regardless of everything going on, she would learn something from this whole situation, dammit. The man bowed and shrugged, but he seemed to continue to ponder something once they were apart again.

“Considering my size, close and personal is about my only option,” she chuckled. The flush in her cheeks seemed to finally start to subside. She silently praised the lack of contact for probably being the catalyst to that. “That said, once I get my close quarters skills up to snuff, I plan on moving to ranged.” Her tone was cheerful with a dash of excitement.

“Mind if I ask what you specialize in?”
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu May 25, 2023 11:36 pm

phpBB [video] Fanho watched Sachi pieced together the lesson, even trying to expand upon it on her own and learn how her body worked when pushed a certain way. Fanho noticed as she blushed once more, a puzzle he was trying to piece in the back of his bind, but as calm as ever Fanho didn't let it show unlike Sachi. He dismissed it to the weather or the training. It was quite, not intensive, but personable was a very good way to put it.

As the conversation turned to future prospects Fanho nodded in agreement. "Of course. You've got a lot of potential. Its all about bringing that inner tiny dancer out." Fanho winked at the short handed comment before tucking his hands in his pockets.

As the conversation turned to him, Fanho peered over his glasses inquisitively. Him? Hmmm, the Awai once more went into deep thought as he teetered back and forth from heel to ball scrunching his face in deep thought as he pondered the best way to display his skills. The Awai threw a hand up as if to pause time before scratching his chin and straightening his vacationing haori. "Here its probably best if I just show you."

Fanho gently grabbed Sachi's hand holding it tight as he moved her behind him giving her a nod as he ensured her security before showing off a little. "Lot of a hand holding today, huh? Just hold on tight." With his other hand he channeled as he twisted his palm, as if outer space materializing around them.

Both stood on a large rocky platform floating in the ether, stars shining all around, beautiful purple space dust glittered in the darkness. To some space was a frightening void, but when able to look at it up close. See the birth and death of stars far away, forever colorful dust dancing by this mere glimpse of space, and planets seeming like Christmas ornaments dancing a far twinkling from the light of stars. It was truly an amazing sight. However, it was but reality creating a personal realm for Fanho to travel back and forth from. One of example of true mastery over space and time.

"I do space-time things, and punch really hard." Fanho smiled as he placed his hands on his hips giving a playful grin. As he thought about it, Sachi was the first person that's gotten to see Fanho's realm. "Actually I think you're the first person I've ever shown this to." The Awai laughed as he shot a warm grin and glance over his glasses. "I guess you're just a special little... Fanho thought as he placed a finger to his bottom lip, the next word trying to find a place to come out. "Doe." Unbeknownst to Fanho a panicked one.
Jutsu UsedShow
Open Space: Flicker
B-rank Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra, Fanho can teleport himself and anything/anyone hes touching to any one of his anchors created whether it be through True Link or one of his Augment Fuuinjutsu • Written Anchor. So long as it exists he can teleport to any inscribed location or object.
Last edited by Director on Thu May 25, 2023 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Fri May 26, 2023 12:01 am

The fact that he said he felt she had potential aloud made her smile. Some of the color touched at her cheeks again. This time, it had more the feel of someone not used to being complimented about their talents. Though, when he poked at her height, she couldn’t help but stick her tongue out and blow a raspberry at him. “At least I’m less likely to hit my head,” she mumbled quietly and a bit of a snicker.

She watched as he seriously pondered her question. It was actually a lot of fun to watch the man consider things. When he adjusted his haori and offered to show her, instead, he had piqued her interest. And, yet again, her hand was in his. Her heart was beating loudly in her ears and she found herself gripping his hand with the same firmness as he was. As he tucked her behind him, she tried to peer around his side.

“Lot of a hand holding today, huh? Just hold on tight.”

She watched as his other hand moved. Then, it was like magic. They were floating. Sachi gripped the back of his haori with her free hand, careful to not move. Everything had a changed. Her jaw dropped and her eyes reflected the stars in the air around them. The colors swirled and blended together, the blues and purples leading the way. “Wow,” she breathed softly as she just enjoyed where she was. “This is amazing.”

With half attention, she teased. “Yeah, and I bet you punch hard enough to at least rumble mountains,” her words sounded almost dreamy as she continued to take in the surroundings. When he voiced that she may be the first to see the realm he had created, that stopped her. “Wait, really?”

Did he just call her a special little doe? She blinked, at the words. Normally, she would have slammed a fist into his shoulder, even playfully. And, did he sound panicked? Her heart thumped in her chest and she turned away quickly. She tried to pretend to look at the vast space behind them as she realized her cheeks were lighting up again. ‘Get your shit together, woman!’ she internally scolded. “Well, uh,” she coughed and tried to clear her throat along with her thoughts. “It’s a great move to put on the ladies.”

‘What the hell are you saying, Sachi?!’
Silent, internal panic.
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri May 26, 2023 5:47 pm

In a new setting all together. He let Sachi get lost in the stars and in thought as she stumbled her words flushed with red as she tried to regain composure. Was she blushing? Fanho dismissed the idea as he laughed at Sachi's comment being a great move for the ladies. "You think so? You'll have to tell me if its working." An unintended grin grew on his face at the compliment as his pearly whites poked through.

Fanho's brain began to process a little more of what was happening but yet brought it to the forefront his brain. Still aloof to the hidden meaning behind Sachi's color changes and stumbling of words. In any other scenario Fanho would've picked out the tiny details and perform meticulous analysis of those he were with, however here his brain just went flat. Maybe it too was trying to cope with the situation.

He stared off into the open space as he too was taking it all in. Despite being able to come and go anytime he wished, even forming the realm himself, he never really got tired of the views from way out here. His own little slice of privacy that he'd just welcome Sachi to. He breathed in deep as he let out a happy sigh. A good day so far. Great mochi. Great company. Even got to show off a little bit as well. "Get a good look. I'm sure it won't be the last time you'll get to see it, but never take an opportunity for granted right?"

As he took one final look at his realm he scooped up Sachi's hand and with his other hand returned the duo to the real world where they stood in the training grounds again. "Good day so far right?" He gave a great big smile as he chuckled, he certainly was enjoying himself and having fun teaching, teasing, and just seeing where the day took them.
Last edited by Director on Fri May 26, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Fri May 26, 2023 6:20 pm

It was hard to not return the smile he offered. She had definitely been enjoying herself so far. Part of her was said she had such a hard time getting through his little training session, but, at the same time, she was glad it wasn’t the biggest success. Had it been too educational, she might not have been able to see such a beautiful sight. One that she would likely never forget. The things ninja could do with enough training would never cease to amaze her.

He gently poked at the idea of not taking things for granted and that brought a different kind of smile. “I try to enjoy every moment I can. Tomorrow is never guaranteed,” her voice was soft as she spoke. She took a moment to remember her parents, the friends she lost, and the siblings she didn’t have anymore. There was so much loss in her life that had suddenly been thrust in her hands, it was a wonder she was so adjusted. But, those four little words were why. Tomorrow was never guaranteed in River Country.

Sachi almost squeaked, being quickly tugged from her thoughts by Fanho taking her hand again. He made a motion with his other hand and brought them back to the festival. She blinked, her mind trying to register the transition had happened.

“Good day so far right?”

She couldn’t help but smile enthusiastically. “It’s been great so far, thank you,” her tone was genuine. A sigh escaped her lips as she took in the surroundings again. Who wouldn’t be bummed to be back at the festival grounds when they had just been in such a beautiful spot? The thought made her chuckle a little.

“It was working on me,” she whispered barely above her breath. Her eyes went wide as she realized the words hadn’t been in her head as she had intended. She slammed her eyes closed, praying he hadn’t heard what she just said. The faintest bit of color even made an appearance on the tips of her ears as she waited with baited breath to find out if he had heard. ‘Yup, death by embarrassment.’ Internal Sachi may be a bit dramatic.
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri May 26, 2023 7:27 pm

Fanho nodded in agreement with Sachi. Tomorrow was a gift, a mystery, and something to take advantage of. The never ending potential that existed in the universe that she seemed to understand even better than Fanho himself. He was just glad he could give her a good time on a lazy day within the festival.

They hadn't got much training done which seemed to be what most of the festival was, but maybe they both learned a little something. Fanho unaware of the rizz he had displayed, and Sachi learned a little something about hand holding. Sachi much more aware of what was going on, but Fanho completely ignorant. He turned to Sachi as she gave her thanks, "Please, the pleasures been all mine." He gave her hand a light double squeeze with a smile as he gently pulled it away tracing his fingers against her palm, unknowingly displaying uncharacteristic rizz he was not at all aware of. The flirty nature of it lost on Fanho entirely.

While lost in thought trying to recall thoughts that lingered in the back of his mind he registered Sachi mumbled something and looking very bashful almost beet red, but it hadn't really clicked in his head. He was also trying to tell how much time they spent together as the sun began to set creating an orange purplish hue on the horizon painting the sky and his evening obligations. He cocked his head like a dog as he chuckled to himself for his lack of paying attention. "I'm sorry, went into deep thought there thinking about something. What we're you saying?"

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Fri May 26, 2023 9:26 pm

The way his fingers brushed against the palm of her hand made her smile. She tried to gauge whether there was anything behind it, but her mind was not willing to cooperate with the request. Honestly, part of her didn’t actually want the contact to stop, which confused her. Thankfully, he hadn’t seemed to have heard what she said a moment earlier, so there was a relaxed touch to her posture.

“... What were you saying?”

Damn, not out of the woods. Small favors that he didn’t hear what she said, but she panicked a little trying to figure out what to tell him. She gave a sort of half chuckle and waved her hands in front of her to ward away his curiosity. “Oh, nothing important,” she said with a slightly embarrassed lilt in her voice.

She played on the fact that time seemed to have gotten away from them, though. A girl’s gotta work with what she’s got, right? “Goodness, look at the time. I didn’t even realize,” she continued to try playing off the embarrassment. “Time flies when you’re having fun, right?” Sachi laced her fingers behind her back as she rocked back and forth on her feet.

'Just don't make it weird, Sachi.' Or maybe internal Sachi was a bully?
Last edited by chocochipgamer on Fri May 26, 2023 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NameVillageRankTeam

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat May 27, 2023 12:57 pm

Fanho smiled as he tucked his hands into his pockets and nodded along to Sachi. It was true, he was really enjoying himself whether he consciously knew what he was doing or not. "Well as long as you're having fun, then so am I. I try to be a gentleman sometimes." He gave a little bow mocking his own gentlemanly-ness.

Fanho held his finger up as if to pause time for a minute. "Oh before I forget, you should come by Konoha. Its where me and Yozei are from, and you're more than welcome to visit. Also it would mean a lot if you can make it to a special event for me." Fanho snapped his fingers as a pamphlet almost decided to appear from nothing. On the front in red embossed lettering it spelled out the Juuhachidaime Hokage Coronation, when opened it displayed a cartoonish picture of Fanho in the Hokage robes holding up the numbers 18 and almost omnipotently had Sachi's name written inside cordially inviting her as a personal invite of the future Hokage to his coronation.

"Directions, instructions, and everything is on the back. It'll get you into the village. Personal invite and all right?" Fanho stuck his tongue out as he playfully poked fun at the new information. He did a little bow as he waved to Sachi. "I've got to run, but you gotta come visit. Don't let this just be a one off thing." He smiled as he pushed his glasses up walking off the training field waving to Sachi bidding adieu.

As he walked back to Konoha's lodging arrangements, and walked along the streets himself. Finally his thoughts caught up after being stuck on the highways of his mind. Its very clear to him now he was very flirty with Sachi, and she was just hoping to keep it together. Throughout the course of the day Fanho hadn't realized he really channeled his inner Takeo, playing to his barer instincts and actually being a romantic instead of just hopeless. A devious but embarrassed grin crossed his face. He pounded his fist into his hand as he chastised himself for putting the poor woman through that. "I called her a doe."

But truthfully, Fanho would be lying to himself he said he hadn't enjoyed the time well spent. Hoping he'd see her again and hadn't just spooked her off.
Last edited by Director on Sat May 27, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Sat May 27, 2023 1:32 pm

Sachi chuckled as he gave a silly bow. She really had been enjoying herself, even if she was her own worst enemy at the moment. His company had been interesting, as well. Did she finally start to make a real friend? In all this chaos and awkwardness, she began to think she really had.

When he held up a finger in the universal gesture of waiting, she tilted her head slightly in curiosity. He had said her attending an event would mean a lot to him, but what could it be? Maybe some festival held in Konoha? She’d been once before and actually looked forward to the idea of visiting again. It was such a large place, she imagined there was way too much to see in a single visit, anyway.

Juuhachidaime Hokage Coronation

She blinked a few times as she looked it over. The Hokage was the leader of Konoha, right? Right. So, there must have been a celebration in the village surrounding such an important occasion. “Oh, this would be interesting, I’ve never been to an event like this,” she said with a smile as she opened up the pamphlet he handed her.

Once opened, her mouth stopped moving and words stopped exiting. The little cartoon of Fanho wearing Hokage robes might as well have been lit with neon lighting and blaring a horn in her face. The writing along with that listed her name as a personal invite of his. She continued to stare in silent confusion at the pamphlet in her hands.

‘The future Hokage?’

Sachi looked back at him, stunned. He noted the information she would need was already included on the invitation. She tried to will herself to stop him as he stuck his tongue out at her and bowed, bidding her farewell. He even went so far as to comment on seeing each other again before taking his leave. Absently, she smiled and spoke, “Sounds like a plan.” Her voice sounded almost distant to even herself.

Finally, she could process the information he had just given her. “He’s the next Hokage?!” she quietly scolded herself for not realizing who she was spending the day with. She pinched the bridge of her nose between the thumb and forefinger of her right hand. Her eyes were closed tight as she took a few breaths. She felt like a bit of a fool, not knowing the political scene anywhere nearly as well as she suddenly thought she needed to.

He had been so pleasantly normal. Something about him was just so easy to talk to and be around, it had never occurred to her that maybe he was more than he let himself appear to be. Even as she started to make her way back to the hotel she was patroning, she couldn’t stop thinking about the interaction today. The whole thing brought a shy smile to her lips as she chuckled softly. “He called me a doe.”

She held the pamphlet up to give it another look. Something about him was drawing her in. Today wouldn’t be the last time they saw each other, she hoped.
NameVillageRankTeam

chocochipgamer

Post by chocochipgamer » Sat May 27, 2023 1:44 pm

[[End scene.]]
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Pebble Country”