Gone Tomorrow, Back Today

Open iron banner festival event thread

Situated between Rock Country and Wind Country, Pebble is a samurai country with the strongest non-shinobi police force in the world. Samurai from world over come to Pebble to train and learn a variety of sword styles. Pebble is split into 3 provinces, Ore, Mineral and Quartz.
Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:42 pm

As Hiroko was wandering around the festival with the bearing of a noblewoman. Carefully walking gracefully down the street. Meanwhile she had Otsukoki whispering in her head on improvements of how she is supposed to walk and present herself. Hiroko to her credit was doing her best to act just the way that Otsukoki wanted her to behave. She did her best to present an air of nobility and refinement to all who watched her. When ever questioned or approached she would exude a noble aura and responded in a dignified manner. She wore a typical ornate cloak with a baggy turtle neck. Along with plaid comfortable looking pants. In her hair she worse an obsidian broach. Her light brown skin glistening in the sunlight.

Hiroko was getting used to acting the way Otsukoki expected though she was still far from perfect at mimicking the behavior Otsukoki expected. But she was definitely getting there and showed real promise. meanwhile she had guards watching her from a distance secretly to make sure nothing happened to her.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Heavenly Fabled

Post by Heavenly Fabled » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:38 pm

The evening was carrying a serene atmosphere unlike any other, clans who had been long time enemies from rival villages all sat and talked amongst one another. Truly pebble country's hospitality would be known by every nation when all was settled, but just when you thought nothing could get any better. Amidst a cul-de-sac rallied a troupe of Sankas; gypsies gathered from each nation. They dressed as a unit and volunteered to be the mascots of this glorious event. The streets of the bustling city hyped as the vibrant parade began to take shape. Colorful banners fluttered in the breeze, and the sound of drums and flutes filled the air. People lined the streets, their eyes filled with curiosity and excitement, eager to witness the spectacle that was about to unfold.

At the forefront of the parade, Aurayumi gracefully emerged, her movements fluid and elegant. She wore a flowing crimson kimono adorned with intricate patterns that seemed to come alive as she danced. Her steps were deliberate, each one carrying a sense of ancient tradition and mystique. The crowd fell into a hushed silence, captivated by the beauty and grace of her ritualistic performance. As Aurayumi's dance reached its climax, a flicker of hope spread through the crowd. They knew that something extraordinary was about to unfold. The drums grew louder, and the atmosphere crackled with electricity. And then, as if summoned by the very essence of fire itself, Caliban and his troupe of fire dancers emerged. Their bodies were adorned with fiery costumes that seemed to blaze with intensity.

("----"), ("We also have to participate in the small things in life Hideyoshi") Caliban's presence commanded attention, his eyes gleaming with determination and confidence. With a flourish of his hand, Caliban summoned the flames to life. Fire twirling torches ignited, casting a warm glow that illuminated the night. The crowd gasped in awe as the dancers moved in perfect synchrony, their bodies becoming one with the flames. Caliban twirled and spun, his movements precise and mesmerizing. Each flicker of the torches painted an arc of light against the dark sky, leaving trails of embers in their wake. His dance was a blend of elegance and danger, a manifestation of the raw power and control he possessed. Aurayumi, now standing at Caliban's side, joined in the performance. Her movements mirrored his, a graceful partner in the fiery spectacle. Together, they weaved a tapestry of fire and motion, their bodies becoming living embodiments of the element they commanded.

As the parade continued its march, the crowd erupted into cheers and applause. They were in awe of the fiery display before them, their eyes fixed on Caliban and his troupe. The dancers moved with a fluidity that seemed to defy the laws of nature, leaving the spectators breathless and wanting more. Caliban could feel the energy of the crowd, their enthusiasm fueling his every move. It was a moment of pure exhilaration, a celebration of skill, passion, and the unyielding spirit of the fire dancers. When the performance came to its dramatic conclusion, Caliban and Aurayumi stood at the center of the stage, their bodies still aglow with the remnants of the flames. The crowd erupted into thunderous applause, their cheers echoing through the streets. Caliban's chest swelled with pride as he looked out at the sea of smiling faces. The parade had been a success, a testament to his dedication and the unwavering support of his troupe. It was a moment he would cherish, a memory that would forever be etched in his heart. And so, as the night sky embraced the fading embers of their performance, Caliban and his fire dancers basked in the adoration of the crowd. The flames may have extinguished, but their passion and talent would continue to burn brightly, leaving an indelible mark on the hearts of all who had witnessed their captivating dance.
Last edited by Heavenly Fabled on Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:16 pm

Akiko didn’t look like a warrior from the Heart country. If anything she looked extravagant cotton candy on stick with her long, waist length pink hair adorned with small white flowers. Her skin was pale and her own Summer Kimono was pink with swirls of white flowers on it. She carried a wooden basket in front of herself with both hands, containing a tea set she had bought earlier at another part of the festival. Ah, but she had hit the limit of her stamina. It was the uttermost of ironies that she constantly finds herself out of breath. She turned a corner and arrived on the street to see that it was lined with gawkers. A parade? Akiko moved to stand beside Hiroko and watched the parade and the passionate display of Caliban and his companion. This place… this was the end of the parade? It was almost a shame to see things come to a stop and Caliban standing on the stage amidst the adoring crowd.

”That was really impressive.” She looked at her companion, Hiroko. ”Wouldn’t you agree?” However it was at that moment that her stamina gave out. She dropped the basket with the tea set causing a crash of shattered ceramic and she stumbled to the wall and pressed herself against it as dizziness overcame her and she struggled to get back onto her feet. It was a combination of things - the heat, the sights, the sounds. It was all so overwhelming - and she honestly could use some rest in the shade and some fluids to help her get back on her feet.

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:46 pm

As Hiroko was wandering around she would hear a parade approaching and would quickly and gracefully head up to a nearby tall building to watch in an elegant manner. As she watched the parade she was surprised that the heart empire was holding a parade it certainly is an interesting idea. Though she admittedly didn’t know much about the heart empire but clearly they had some skilled performers. This made her wonder what exactly is the heart empires specialty is this a sponsored heart empire event to show off a core aspect of their country? Or is it just a small theater troupe trying to make a name for itself in this international festival.

Regardless of the cause of the parade the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Plus it was an interesting event for her to watch while she was avoiding the other jinchuriki. As she watched the parade from her high perch up top. When the parade came to an end she casually clapped. Mostly because Otsukoki told her to and mentioned it was the right thing to do in these situations. Though with the parade done she wondered what else she could do? When she got an idea! She could paint the parade troupe it would be a fun distraction and plus maybe she could sell it to someone who wanted a way to remember the event. She would then immediately take out her art supplies and start painting the scene.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:57 pm

Amidst the celebrations and party-goers a giant of a man teetered side to side as he walked through the throngs of people crowding the streets. He seemed to be wearing a beggars trench coat as it seemed incredibly soiled. In his hand was a brown bag, presumably holding a bottle from the way he'd occasionally raise it to his lips. That and the strange scent that seemed to emanate from his body. It was a strange mix of alcohol and something briney, like sun dried seaweed. He towered over most of the people being a solid 2 feet taller than most. Upon his head was a weathered black tricorn hat.

Kaisui glanced at the fire dancers with distaste, not so much in lack of appreciation of their talent but due to his intense dislike of heat and fire. However swayed by the mood of those around him he soon smiled and hummed a sea shanty. It was on of his favorite' s and reminded him of when he Umiko and Ichiro would call as they sailed. He continued on his way wading through the sea of people before the sound of shattering glass drew his ear. His remaining eye scanned his surroundings before locating the source of the sound. Previously lost in his nostalgia the pink hair he saw along with the short stature made him think he'd seen a ghost. He moved forward now with a purpose, the people seemingly making way for the giant likely to avoid being trampled. When he approached he realized the pink haired girl wasn't Umiko, her hair too light and a noticable lack of tattoos.

Regardless, Kaisui was a kind, gentle giant and he reached down a massive hand palm up, offering it to the young lady to help her steady herself. "Easy now lass. Ye may want
go easy on the celebratin. Alcohol is vengeful mistress and it's best to ones limits when drinkn."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:50 am

”It’s just a little hot here don’t you think? Thank you.” She took the giant’s hand and righted herself. As she glanced down at the broken tea set only a moment of regret crossed her mind as she instead turned to concern. ”Oh, I hope no one gets hurt from the shards.” The proximity allowed the demure woman to become entwined with the scents that he carried on himself as though it were a perfume. Her eyes briefly fell upon his tattoos and she recognized the hard life he must have lived. His wide shoulders had the strength to lift those burdens though and she smiled as she perceived the kindness of the Giant. There was something that was charming about a strong man with a gentle heart like his. After she was stable enough, she knelt down in a ladylike fashion to pick up the wooden basket and tried to recover as many of the shards as she could. The tea set had already looked beautiful on its own, but she figured it would look even prettier once she had some Kintsugi work down on them to repair them. She returned to her feet, the basket in the crook of her arm once again, and her other hand grasping onto his larger one for support.

He may not have been a traditional man, but she was comfortable with him helping her all the same. She could see the passion in his eyes, and as she made contact she could feel the way the weather had been unkind to his skin. A Life of sunshine and sea salt. She didn’t doubt that he was a strong or hard man, but those things didn’t matter so much to Akiko. The tattoos and scars and tanned skin would be enough to make many people uncomfortable, and they would make her uncomfortable too if she hadn’t seen that light in his eyes. The man she perceived within the exterior was a beautiful one, and she couldn’t help but give a genuine smile.

”Thank you. Could you help me with those empty seats at that stall? I feel I need to sit down for a moment.” She looked back up at the giant. She gestured with an tilt of her head in the direction she wanted to go as her hands were occupied. There was a crowd of people still summoned here for the parade and were between them and the stand. Akiko could just barely make it out in between their bodies as they cheered and danced.

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:32 pm

The lady's demeanor was mild and demure, a stark contrast to Umiko brash and wild attitude. Despite the slight similarities in their appearance they were truly nothing alike. Her pale hands were remarkably soft in contrast to his rough sea weathered hands. He quietly studied her small frame as she knelt down to clean up what seemed to be a shattered tea set. The man couldn't help but smile when he heard her worry about someone getting hurt. It was rare for him to hear someone care about the well being of complete strangers.

"Of course lass, would you like a drink? Some tea or juice perhaps." He placed an arm around her and led her through the crowds his hand on her shoulder. His swaying gate as if he were on a ship leading many to assume he was drunk. He led her to the seats and glanced at the stall behind them.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Heavenly Fabled

Post by Heavenly Fabled » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:36 pm

As the mesmerizing dance of fire reached its climax, a sudden shift in the atmosphere swept through the crowd. Clouds of fine powder billowed into the air, obscuring the scene before everyone. And from within the ethereal mist, figures began to materialize – a mix of shinobi and samurai, adorned in elaborate traditional attire. They moved with a grace that defied gravity, spinning and twirling Demon-Wind-Shuriken in their hands. The blades glinted in the moonlight, slicing through the air with an otherworldly elegance. Each movement seemed like a carefully choreographed battle, a dance of deadly precision and breathtaking beauty. And then, as the crowd held its breath in the moment, a figure stepped forward from the midst of the swirling powder. She was a vision of ethereal enchantment, dressed in garbs that seemed to shimmer and flow like liquid silk. Her attire was a delightful blend of vibrant hues, as though she had flown down from the heavens and dipped each accent in liquid mercury. Her beauty was unparalleled, like a painting come to life. Her eyes sparkled with an otherworldly glow, reflecting the flickering lights of the surrounding area. Her skin was porcelain smooth, like the petals of a rare and delicate flower. But it was her voice that truly captured the hearts of those who heard it.

Kaeda’s lips briefly became the point of view, as they parted, her voice made no visible audio of any kind. "...." A formation of ripples would display at every corner of the festival, vectors of sound racing across the air as geometrical lines connected to glimmers of light. Ki formed around Kaeda’s throat while remnants of ember in the wind gave enough light for her glittery cheeks to sparkle. Her tone seemed to broadcast suddenly,
phpBB [video]
"It's easy to push me away from you
Easy to say you want to be left on your own
Yet somehow I can't help but see
How your eyes shy away
Your hands seal the entrance and path to your heart
Anger kept fear and the sadness you feel
Under the surface for so long
Locked that room, you keep it inside
Lend me your voice
Words you try so hard to forget
They'll break through the silence
Bring me close
Let me see the past you regret
Deep down below, show it all
La-la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la
It's not so hard living all by yourself
It isn't hard, yes, I know that's what you'll say
It's what you have told yourself
Over and over again in darkness
You try to hold back all the thoughts
But you know, I just want you as you are
Just the you that I see right before me
It's all that has been on my mind
Lend me your voice
Let me see your face
Let me start to show you what I see
Bring me close
Let me feel the beat of your heart
The secret you bury
Lend me your voice
Anything you want to say, I'll be right here
I'll listen, so tell me
Open the door
Let me come and sit by the fire
Just let me come close to your heart"
As she began to sing, her voice echoed through the air, enchanting the entire gathering. It was as if the heavens had bestowed upon her a gift, a voice that soared like a bird in flight, carrying with it the essence of cloud nine. The melody she wove was hauntingly beautiful, reaching deep into the souls of those who listened, stirring emotions long dormant. The crowd stood in awe; their eyes fixated on the captivating maiden. The atmosphere seemed to still, as if time itself had paused to appreciate the magic unfolding before them. They were entranced by her presence, held captive by the sheer majesty and mystique she exuded. Her every movement was imbued with a profound grace, as though she had mastered the art of dance in a realm beyond mortal comprehension. And as she continued to sing, her voice soared higher, further enamoring the hearts of all who bore witness to her ethereal performance. In that moment, the parade became a surreal dreamscape, a realm where shinobi, samurai, and the heavenly maiden danced together, their movements painting a moment of beauty and power. The air thundered as if the very fabric of reality trembled under the weight of their combined presence. The onlookers were spellbound as Kaeda enchanting voice filled the air. The crowd felt transported to a realm of pure enchantment. It was a moment that would forever be etched in their memories, a fragment of time where the boundaries of possibility blurred and the extraordinary became reality. Caliban gave a pleasant smile, being the only person to pick up what Kaeda said. Share my love.~
Last edited by Heavenly Fabled on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:58 pm

Ah! Thank you for you offering. Some iced tea or chilled juice really would be good right now.“ Akiko answered as the impressive man easily parted the crowd, despite his difficulty walking in a straight line. Akiko had seen her fair share of drunkards however, and to hear mind this was something different - sea legs. He smelled like the sea, and a man who spent their life on ships thats rocked would have trouble on land that was plane and flat - at least that made sense to her. Thank you. She responded when they reached the stand. She sat down on a stool just as the parade came to life again. It was a new song. It was frankly amazing at how far her voice was being carried. Even when Akiko tried to talk her words were drowned out by the volume of the singer, which would be a little frustrating if it wasn’t such a lovely song. As things came to a close she was finally able to speak again as her voice wasn’t being drowned out by the volume.

”I really wanted to thank you for your kindness sir. May I have your name?” She bowed her head at this meager request, hoping that the giant stranger would acquiesce. ”My name is Akiko, I’m from what's now called the Heart Empire.” She judged the big man’s reactions to this. She had known that all the nations were invited here including the rivals of the Heart village and even their enemies among the shinobi. It would be a shame to see him turn heartless and cruel if he was actually an enemy of Heart, but she chose to believe that he would see through that if he was. After all, to her, it didn’t matter what village he was from. If he was a Heart Enemy she would just ignore that fact and try to have a lovely evening.

”What did you think of that parade and that singer?” she asked of land locked pirate. ”I don’t really understand the lyrics that well.” She admitted with a shy smile. ”The accompaniment was nice though.” She set the wooden basket on the counter next to them and leaned against the counter as she waited for the Pirate to put the orders in for them. Something to drink really would b e nice, but she needed to give him the opportunity to be a gentleman. That was the duty of a lady.

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:29 pm

Kaisui simply nodded when she accepted his offer for a drink. Chilled tea or juice were probably best for her at the moment. His own supplies simply included salt water and rum; neither would suit her taste he was sure. The giant smiled hearing the lady say thank you. It wasn't often the pirate had been afforded warmth and manners in his social interactions. Most spoke to him with a hint of fear or the manners were missing due to drunken revelries. It was a nice change of pace for the man so accustomed to violence.

Kaisui noticed she had tried to say more however the performance drowned out her words. He paused a moment to listen to the words the lady was singing. The words brought forth memories of his childhood souring his mood a bit. The past he'd done his best to put behind him coming forth unbidden. He saw that hateful face and grit his teeth as he remembered his father's brutality.

After the song ended and the lady's voice sounded in his ears drawing him back to the present. She'd asked his name and gave hers as well as her land of origin, Heart. Heart was born of the aftermath of the great war where he earned his notoriety. Many of the main countries didn't like it but he a vagabond, wanderer and pirate cared not at all. It didn't really matter to him where one was from but what they did and how they lived.

"I'm known on the seas as Captain Ryoshi and I hail from lightning country though i do not call it home. Others have less savory names and terms for who I am... His voice would trail off as he moved towards the stall and ordered her a fresh apple juice with ice. He waited for the drink as he responded to Akiko's question about the performance.

"The song was bout two lovers. One has closed off their heart keep from being hurt whilst other is trying to get them to open up. Not that I can relate to such sentiments. As for the performance her voice was quite lovely though it was too loud for my taste."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:53 pm

Gōkariki had reunited and trained a bit with Yozei which made him somewhat nostalgic after hard training the stocky man wanted to recover his body and spirit by having a nice meal an enjoying the festival that was going on. Sometimes he got too lost in his rage, meditation to quell that rage and training that he sometimes loses sight of the small things in life. So he had made his journey towards a ongoing festive event when in pebble.

He found himself listening to a serenading tune helping to calm his angry spirit. Along side the song he had ordered a massive meal packed with meats, veggies and carbs and other nutritious goodness. He was a notorious big eater and rightfully so he trained like a mad man which was reflective in his massive physique he had to in order to sustain his size and training.

Gōka would listen to a comically large man explain to a little girl on what the song was about, smiling softly before continuing with his meal which made him return to his resting and angered face. Guy looks scary but he is a real softy. Always the case for some reason heh. Y'know this is nice. I feel relaxed for once. Times like these made the former dragon's touch warrior monk lose himself in his thoughts for once and making him take in the serenity of the night and song with a good meal. Restoring every part of himself, mind body and soul.
Last edited by Mre-face on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Scorpion

Jinsoku,Enzaragi S-Rank MN: Iwa Setsuzoku
Companion
The Swordsman

Yūgana, Mondai B-Rank : Kiri Seven swordsman
Companion
The Angry

Shaolóng, Gōkariki A-Rank : Konoha

Companion

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:32 pm

The giant had a name. Captain Ryoshi! Akiko nodded understandingly as he spoke about how he didn’t call Lightning country home, it was similar to her and the Heart Empire, though he began to talk about the less savory names he was called that had been cut off by the song a moment before. He moved away and she sat with her hands in her lap and happy to wait, and even more happy to see that Captain Ryoshi was the gentleman that she knew he was. A fresh apple juice was served at his request, and Akiko took it and gave a dainty sip of the juice. She supported the bottom of the cup with one hand while she held the glass with the other. The sweet tartness of apple - it was a unique taste and was immensely refreshing when chilled with ice. She could feel some of the heat that she had felt in her temples begin to radiate away and cool down. It was very… healing. She smiled and turned her attention as Captain Ryoshi began to explain the words.

”Oh so thats what it was? It seems like it was actually a really sad story.” She hadn’t missed the look he had during the song - like he was lost in a terrible past. She knew how that was, but she wouldn’t pry. ”I wonder why you would choose to sing such a sad song at festival?” The pink woman mused. As she thought aloud it seemed that they were joined at the stall by another man who had ordered quite the feast that kept the chef busy and occupied. She was a little impressed and wondered if he would actually eat all of that food. She turned back to her new friend.

”Would you mind spending a bit more of your time with me? I’m sorry for earlier and I’m really happy you came to my rescue! You’ve really piqued my curiosity though - I was wondering, what is it like to go sailing? I don’t know how to swim myself so I’m a little scared of water, I’m afraid ” She winced at the last part like she told an unfortunate truth. What need to swim had she when she could just walk on the surface of any water she encountered?

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:17 pm

Kaisui quietly watched Akiko as she went to drink the juice. She seemed very proper holding the glass with both hands and taking small sips. Kaisui had originally thought to order a drink for himself, yet watching her refined and beautiful movements decided against it. He felt it was best he drink from his own opaque bottle less he look like a savage next to her.

At least that was how he felt until he noticed the gentleman who'd ordered a whole feast for himself. Sure the man seemed built even through his clothes, but still it appeared an impossible task. Kaisui himself could probably eat most of it but he'd certainly feel incredibly full and bloated. He noticed he wasn't the only one curious about the stranger as when he looked at Akiko she was also looking at the stranger.

When she turned back around he gave her a kind smile before taking a sip of his bottle of rum. He quietly listened to her request and had to refrain from patting her head like he would with Umiko. The question was just too honest and innocent. "T'would be my pleasure to keep such a lovely lady company. And to answer your question about sailing, you have to know what a ship truly is. Close yer eyes and allow me to paint a picture in your mind." He'd move behind her and gently raise her arms up so she could feel the cool night breeze blowing through the streets, his proximity making the scent of the sea carry on the air.

"Now imagine your standing at the prow of a ship, the horizon nothing but endless water as far as the eye can see. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... What it really is... is freedom." He spoke softly his voice in her ear. It wasn't until he finished speaking did he realize he was being improper towards the woman. He took a step back and took a sip of rum moving to stand beside her once more hoping she wasn't upset at how casual he'd been.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:01 pm

”Huh? Close my eyes?” Akiko set her cup of juice down on the counter and the proceeded to oblige the good captain. ”L-Like this?” Her eyes were shut. She felt his hands on hers as he easily lifted hers to the extent of her own wingspan given her limited height. She could smell the salt on him as he stood so close to her. He began to paint a picture with his words. The gruff pirate Captain orated and made himself a poet, his appearance notwithstanding. She could her the passion that this man had for the ocean and for his individuality, and in that moment she wished with all her heart he’d never be tied down. She imagined the boat that he spoke of and the boundless freedom of the ocean. It was intimidating for someone who couldn’t swim but, she couldn’t help but be fond of it as this man was.

”What about my family?” she turned her head to face him, her eyes were still closed. ”I don’t think I could abandon them…” she said sadly. Like she was standing on the shore watching the ship sail away into the sunset. ”Oh - I’m sorry.” she looked down. Even more than her family, how could she abandon the lovely Kasuri? The woman sometimes felt as if she were a piece of Akiko. ”I didn’t mean to ruin the picture. It was really lovely - I guess I just pay the price that would buy me that kind of freedom. I hope the one you paid wasn’t to high.” She looked at him, she really looked at him. The lines on his face and the scars that painted his body like a hard tapestry. Much like the tea set that she now intended to mend, he was a man who had been broken and be put back together again.

Perhaps even countless amounts of time. She hated that he had to suffer so much. But then she also knew that it was the suffering that had made such a kind man. It was really just such a shame that there could be no other way. She could feel the scars upon her own mind as the toll of the trials she had been through had carved her into who she was today. ”I couldn’t give up my friends or family - but I do envy you and your ship and the sea. It sounds too beautiful to be true.”

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:36 pm

Kaisui smiled softly as she spoke of family and and the cost of freedom. He thought of his crew, of Ichiro and Umiko. They were his family and yet each had left to grow and find their own way in the world. It had left a void that could never be filled. Those memories of their time together however, were still thought of fondly easing the ache. It was part of the reason he'd found himself at this festival. To make new friends and more fond memories.

"Tis not a life for everyone tis true. It's a life of living in the moment as tomorrow isn't promised. My family is me crew and yet even they eventually leave to grow on their own and chase their own ideals. Rather than hold on to them and keep them from advancing, I remember times shared and look towards our next meeting whenever it may be." He spoke calmly and relaxed his voice even throughout not weighed down by grief or heartache.

The giant pirate took a sip of his rum as he looked down at her. Her soft and fair skin would be marred by the harshness of life at sea. She was like a delicate flower blooming beautifully, but would wilt if picked or transplanted into new soil. "Perhaps one day I can take you sailing, even if just for a day and give ya a taste. After all, no matter what life we live we all make sacrifices. Freedom for security. Family for adventure. There be no right or wrong answer as long as yer 'earts at peace."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:16 am

It was a lovely thought, the idea that rather than desperately holding onto one’s loved once, to have the courage to let them go - to give them their own sense of freedom and to look forward to the joys of seeing them again when next your paths crossed. Yet in the wake of the war, the Heart Empire’s emergence was something that arose from ashes. Despite the ideals of the so-called leaders, the countries that had come together to form Heart had been destroyed and destitute. Mass Migrations of people, and before that living under tyranny. She remembered it all rather vaguely as she had been young. Finally after the Heart Empire took over she had enrolled in the Samurai corp and been trained to wield a sword in the defense of the country. She wasn’t completely without blemishes to her own pretty skin, she rubbed her hands and could feel the callouses from the harsh way she had relentlessly used and practiced with her sword. If only life hadn’t forced her to wield such a thing.”I’m sorry.” she snapped to.

”Your words gave me a lot to think about. I don’t think I’ve ever heard words more beautiful than the ones you spoke just now though. There is something sad, yet beautiful about them, but that makes them special - like poetry. They bear a heavy weight, but that's what makes them hold their value.” Akiko took her cup in hand and took a sip. ”I really did like your story about the sea. I’d like to hear more about it, or maybe even go sailing with you one day. I have no doubt that the crew of your ship adore you - The kind of passion that you have for the sea and Freedom is contagious.” she closed her eyes and imagined that vast open sea of his. It was beyond beautiful to be honest.

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:53 am

Kaisui would notice the distant look in her eyes as she rubbed her hands together. There was probably some kind of trauma there that had caught in its frigid grip. He squat down to her level, placing his hand over hers and held them. Shortly, after she snapped out of whatever had taken hold of her and joined him in the present once more. "Quite alright lass. No need ta 'pologize."

He let go of her hands and took a small sip of rum as he listened to her speak. A rare smile crossed his face. This smile wasnt filled with jubilation or excitement. It was a quiet smile, small and soft. He glanced out at the parade which seemed to be dispersing now that the performance had ended. "If I may be so bold miss, I was wondering if you had any plans for tonight? Seeing as the parade has ended, suppose we spend the rest o the night enjoying each other's company?"

While not necessarily an invitation to bed, it was at the least an invitation to spend time alone together. Kaisui pondered if he'd been too forward as he offered his hand. Akiko was much more refined than the women he was used to spending time with. It wouldn't surprise him if his way of speaking drove her away.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:24 pm

”I didn’t have any plans other than enjoying the festival. As long as there is no impropriety, my good Captain, I certainly wouldn’t mind keeping you company. I am feeling better as well, thank you for the juice.” Akiko made to finish her juice and set the cup down before standing on her own two feet. She took the wooden carrier with one hand and extended her arm to the Captain as to allow him to escort her. She linked her arm with his and smiled. ”Lead the way sir.”

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:18 am

It would seem he had in fact been a touch improper but the lady was kind. She chastised him subtly and had still taken the offered hand. As much as Kaisui had earned himself a reputation along the shore line he'd always been a gentleman towards women. He would behave himself and count the young lady as a friend. With his free hand he'd take a swig of rum. Before he began to sing himself, his voice harsh and rough compared to the earlier performance. Despite this, while he certainly wasn't a virtuoso, the deep bass timbre of his voice resonated well with the song.

"Fair well and adieu to you sweet ladies! Fair well and adieu to ye ladies so sweet. Fer we received order to sail fer ol harbor and we may ne'er see ye fair ladies again!" His voice carried and echoed a bit as he led his temporary companion out onto the night streets.
Exit
Last edited by Diatenshi on Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin