The Healers' Hut

[Closed Social Training; Iza and Kat]

Izanagi

The Healers' Hut

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:10 pm

Naturally, Ichiro was curious about this new nation. As one of the few remaining members of Chishiki after the disruptions of the great war, he was still committed to acquiring information and new contacts wherever he went. However, he did still have his personal ambitions. He could feel it in the air, the tides were turning, and the next war would be one of samurai revolting against shinobi. And the heart of that rebellion was in this aptly named Heart Empire, with their current seat being the Country of Tea. No matter what Ichiro would find his footing and follow in the shadow of any great and powerful man that he could leech off of for his own purposes.

However, as he ascended the steep paths worked into the massive cliffside he certainly didn’t feel fit to make a good impression. Leaning forward, panting he heard his partner tease him from a flight of stairs ahead. “Hurry up! You’re so slow. I can see smoke; no is that steam?” Sumire wondered, her pale white eyes wide with excitement. Ichiro looked up at his apprentice in her tan cloak, her hood back as the purple highlights in her dark hair shone beautifully in the sun. “I’m not slow” he grumbled, standing upright and exhaling in a slow and deliberate manner before taking several long strides and sprinting up passed her in a matter of moments. Only to promptly double over again, “I just…have bad cardio…too many days at sea” he huffed. “Same damn thing” the woman retorted before inhaling deeply and looking over the Ocean with a warm smile. This was the closest she had been to her home in years, as a child she had looked out over the cliffs of The Land of Plains and Seas to a similar sight. Though her homeland was rallied under a Legendary rogue shinobi now, the self-proclaimed Daimyo of this new Gold Country. Ichiro’s home too had come under rule by another rogue shinobi of Kirigakure. It seemed the mist village had many criminals that had risen to power during the war. The skeptic in Ichiro wondered if they were all secretly connected but it was hard to say unless he could get on the inside.

Standing upright again he ran a hand through his thick black hair. Tangled and crusted with salt the life of a pirate and smuggler had seemed to age him quite a bit. He could hardly remember what he had been like before the war. He had started out as a simple traveling healer, but life had a way of sweeping him up in others ambitions. “Okay, almost there” he encouraged himself, moving into a light jog as he powered up the staircases, only to notice some of the locals using a pulley system to scale the cliffside up to the many levels of streets staggered along the cliff-face. “How did we not notice that?” he wondered, pointing at the lifts. “Oh, I did. I just wanted to see you sweat” the woman teased, laughing before running passed Ichiro again. About 3/4 ‘s of the way up they heard some locals talking about a healer with strange prophecies and the two soon learned that there was an entire second portion of the village along the top of the cliff and even a railway system. It seemed there truly would be a lot to see and experience here after all. “You know we have to see her. We are healers after all. At least that’s what you sold me on before roping me into all your schemes” she insisted to which Ichiro simply nodded. “Okay, but only if we can take a lift the rest of the way” he countered, finally reaching a suitable compromise.

625/300 Words Endurance Training
Last edited by Izanagi on Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

The Healers' Hut

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:05 pm

It was a beautiful and bright day, and Cho had gone out since early in the day to try and take some time for herself. She had spent some extra time with others lately and felt completely drained. Her mind and body didn’t feel in tune with one another, and both were key for her work and her methods of helping others. She had gone out to find an open space to train and dressed down, setting aside her cloak and her long-sleeved shirt, and had traded out her normal skirt for a pair of pants. The pants she tied up under her knees. Her top was a simple sports bra, and her jewelry simply wasn’t present. Her light red hair was loose and still in its normal beads and scattered braids. In her hands was her usual staff and she spent her morning practicing various stances and maneuvers. It wasn’t long before the sun left her skin with a light sheen of sweat, every tattoo on display as she moved.

She held the staff out perpendicular to the ground in front of her with both hands before sliding it through both and taking hold of one end in both of her hands to spin it over her head before bringing it down low. When the other end touched the ground she rest one hand on one end while the other slid to the middle and she used the momentum to flip with it still in her hands and coming with her. Every move was like a dance, breathing heavily as both the heat and the motions left her chest heaving and her lungs burning.

The more she moved, the harder she breathed, and the more sweat she could feel on the back of her neck. It was soaking into her hair and running down, but she didn’t care. She was alone so it didn’t matter, or at least she thought it didn’t matter.

A young man with long dark brown hair was watching nearby and had remained silent for some time before finally clearing his throat, causing Cho to nearly drop her staff. “So you finally decided to train for a change, eh? Did all your incense and tea nearly choke you finally?”

Cho wrinkled up her nose and tried to take up another stance. “Just because you think my living room stinks doesn’t mean everyone does. My clients love it.” She said defensively as she thrust the staff forward in another maneuver.

“Don’t you mean your marks?”

There was a resounding ‘clack’ of her staff slamming into the man’s forearm guard as Cho had swung it around towards him and he quickly blocked it with a grin. “Clients.” She said clearly. “Get it right, Osamu.” She explained, seething at him.

“You read them more than your cards or stones, Cho.” He continued as he watched he step away from her go into a defensive stance, bending at her knees and exhaling heavily. “The work isn’t about your gods or that shinobi-“

“He was a Yokai! A god in the flesh-“

“He was a shinobi you delusional-“ Osamu stopped short as Cho’s staff stopped a literal inch from his face and he held up his hands. “Alright.” He breathed, taking a step back before crossing his arms over his chest.

Cho huffed angrily as she tried to take up another stance, swinging the staff over her head and into a sweeping motion as if trying to knock someone off their feet. “If you think I’m so crazy, why do you stick around? You got me here, safely, you did everything I asked.”

Osamu snorted and glanced around, shaking his head. “You made that psychopath an open-ended vow… who knows what you owe him, Cho? I’m sticking around until I know you’ll survive whatever it is.” He replied, looking at her a moment and seeming to glare as he looked at her tattoos in particular. “Hopefully he never shows.”

“And I hope he does. Soon.” Cho maneuvered the staff carefully to keep from catching it in the ground as she did a flip over it and still land on her feet. She still almost caught it. “Maybe then you can stop insisting I’m crazy or scamming people and just leave.” She insisted. She looked over in time to see Osamu roll his eyes and throw his hands up, but still he didn’t leave. He just found a stump to sit on and take out a stick and a knife to start carving as he always did when stressed.

Cho simply laughed and went back to what she was doing, taking up another ready stance. “For someone who wants out of my life so badly, you have a strange habit of sticking around.” She retorted to his silence, snorting before taking another swing with her staff, almost missing as she had to secure it again, and nearly smacking herself in the face. A quick glance though showed her he hadn’t even seen the near miss and she sighed with relief.

839/800 Endurance training
Last edited by Willoria on Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

The Healers' Hut

Post by Izanagi » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:48 pm

Ichiro and Sumire had spent at least an hour wandering through the village, or more accurately Ichiro was dragged here and there by Sumire as she excitably took interest in each new thing she saw. The use of steam to heat and power various contraptions reminded him of some of the experiments and diagrams he had observed in Knowledge country. It was satisfying to see such modern ideas being spread throughout minor nations after the great war. He hoped such innovations would continue. Though currently he hoped most of all alternative methods of travel. There were the trains of course but for short distances there had to be better options than horses, wagons and running. He did recall seeing a design utilizing two wheels and a petal, perhaps he could offer some insight to the locals on how to build such a thing.

Though for now, he simply ran and found himself getting into a steady rhythm, moving just fast enough to keep up with his energetic companion. His breathing was strained as they came to yet another stop, asking for directions on where this healer was. They had already run up a hill along the cliffs edge to where her hut was supposedly located and they had found what was assumed to be her place but it could have been wrong directions entirely. In any case she wasn’t there, and they turned back the way they came until finally a local pointed them toward a more open area where the young woman was said to be training. Ichiro’s legs felt wobbly and sweat clung to him, it had been days since his clothes had been properly washed. He was tempted to just create a rain cloud to at least cool down a little, but he knew Sumire wouldn’t be satisfied until they found something interesting to do or some way to help the locals.

Truthfully at this point Ichiro wished they had stopped at an inn first, he could have used a few beers, a hot meal and a bath. Or perhaps a brothel, or the academies that were said to be here. Ninjutsu or Kenjutsu he held a great interest in each. But running around searching for a woman who may or may not have skills he could learn was beginning to feel like a waste of time and far more exhausting than it was worth. “I think I see her!” Sumire shouted out, pointing ahead. “That’s the fifth time you’ve said that and the last time it was just a fence post” Ichiro grumbled exasperated. At Sea the duo were excellent navigators, spending more time on their ship than on land, and that certainly showed. It felt like he hadn’t actually ran in months, even though it had been at least 2 weeks. Usually, exercise was the last thing on his mind when they found a nice port to anchor at. Well, with the exception of unloading all their cargo and some..illicit goods. “It’s definitely her this time” Sumire muttered, “Hey! Are you the local healer!?” she called out to the figure swinging around a stick a good hundred meters away. Ichiro was too tired at this point to chastise her for her lack of manners. As first mate he at least attempted to keep the crew in line, but they were pirates after all. Rowdiness couldn’t be avoided.

625+562 = 1187 Words Endurance Training
Last edited by Izanagi on Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

The Healers' Hut

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:01 pm

Cho continued using her staff, moving from one position into the next. To the outside viewer it would look like a single free flowing movement rather than moving from one stance and into another. Osamu stood off to the side, just observing as he slowly began to pace around her. But of course, it wouldn’t be long before Cho was hardly content with that. She grew annoyed as he started to make remarks and point out flaws in her stances or in her footwork. Eventually she spun the staff around and clocked him upside the head a good one, causing the man to yelp and glare at her. “Seriously?! You little bitch!”

Cho just laughed and went for a second one, which was quickly blocked as the man drew his sword from his hip quickly and blocked it. The weapon didn’t look like a traditional katana, clearly looking more like a dao styled sword as he blocked Cho’s staff with it. “What’s wrong, Osamu? Can’t take a good knock to the head? Your face looks like it was made for it!” she challenged.

Osamu rolled his eyes. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of Cho for long though as she came around with her staff again and he had to block her once more. Yet he didn’t move to attack her at all. Every time she brought her staff around he simply blocked the attack and glared at her. “Seriously ,Cho, that’s enough. I’ve told you before I’m not going to do this.” He told her.

“Oh come on, I can’t get better if you don’t help me!” Cho protested. She took a step back and spun the staff behind her for a moment as she pouted at him. Of course only a moment later she came at him with it again and the man blocked the weapon easily.

Osamu shook his head. “No, I’m a lot stronger than you, it’d be too easy for me to hurt you by accident, Cho.” He told her.

“You’re paranoid.” Cho insisted. She stepped away from the man and went back to practicing her stances for a moment, much to the man’s apparent relief.

Osamu watched for a moment with his sword still in hand and clearly on guard, but after a few minutes of respite from the woman’s constant attacks on his person he put the weapon away and sighed, going back to circling around her like a hawk as he observed her form and footwork.

Cho continued her work, huffing and puffing in annoyance as she went, clearly upset that Osamu wouldn’t spart with her to help and would only talk to her and tell her what to do. She clearly wasn’t overly fond of his style of instruction. She spun the staff over her head a few turns before bringing it down to her left side for the same and then again to her right. At one point the staff even got away from her and was flung into the grass, much to her annoyance and even embarrassment. She had to retrieve it while Osamu grinned at her which of course caused her to simply stick her tongue out at him.

As the girl continued her work however, Osamu noticed the two figures approaching. He didn’t move to stop them, still keeping a decent distance but he did move to where he might be able to respond better if they seemed to be some kind of threat. He put himself technically between Cho and the pair though it meant he had to glance over his shoulder to see how close they were getting, and he didn’t like having his back to them, but at least it meant he could intervene if necessary. At least that was his hope and his goal.

Cho of course saw this happen and tried to take another swipe at him with her staff which only ended in the man ducking under it and smirking at her before shaking his head. The girl made a sound of exasperation at him before she heard Sumire call out to her. She continued practicing her stances without interruption though she still called out in responses. “I am the Witch, who are you?” The pair wouldn’t see it but Osamu rolled his eyes as Cho introduced herself this way. He personally hated that she called herself this, but it was hardly his choice. Cho’s eyes flitted to Ichiro, noticing that he seemed to be having a harder time with the walk than Sumire and she grinned. “I think your dad is about to fall over dead on you there, maybe you should rest a moment?” she called.

At that even Osamu couldn’t help it, he covered his mouth and looked back at the two as he tried not to laugh. Though as he looked he was pretty sure the man Cho was referring to was younger than he was, causing him to turn and glare at Cho rather quickly.

829/800 Endurance.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

The Healers' Hut

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:36 pm

Sumire grinned widely when Cho responded, “I knew it!” she declared confidently, gesturing for Ichiro to hurry up as she ran over closer. “Kinoko Sumire, I’m a traveling healer from the Land of Plains and Seas just south of here. Well, Gold country now but I’m not affiliated with the new ruler” she explained. The woman leaned over, laughing deeply at the insult to her traveling companion, the man she had sworn to follow for all world and adventure he showed her. “Oh, that’s a good one!” she said at last, wiping tears from her eyes. “Did you hear that? Don’t tell me you’re just going to take that. Go show the girl what you can do, old man” the woman goaded on. “Or should I call you daddy?” she added with a playful smirk.

Ichiro caught up with a burst of speed, crossing the distance in a matter of moments before leaning back with his hands on his hips as he breathed deeply. Taking off his cloak and backpack he set them down next to a rock and then ran his hands through his hair, slicking the tangled mess of salt and sweat back. “I’m not even 30” he said with an exasperated sigh. It was clear he was relatively fit, his body was lean and through the slightly sweat stained white shirt one could see the outline of his abs and the form of defined arms. “My name is Takeda Ichiro, I’m a man of many professions, healing is one of them but I do have other talents” he said as he formed a quick set of handseals and his chakra gathered in the form of a sudden raincloud that covered a 25 meter area, pouring down rather heavily and soaking through his shirt and giving him a much-needed wash. Just like that he seemed to have recovered a second wind, wiping his face and hair clean and staring back with his icy blue eyes. “I’m not a shinobi or a samurai, just a wanderer that has picked up a few tricks. Why don’t we spar a little and then we can compare notes about our healing practices? That is, unless yer scared ya can’t keep up with an old man” he teased.

Moving forward slowly he withdrew his Wakizashi in his right hand, and drew his tanto in a reverse grip with his left. “Don’t worry, my precision and control are impeccable, I won't do more than nick you a little here and there” he assured, moving toward her. Technically she had a massive advantage, the reach and weight of the staff ordinarily making closing in with short blades nearly impossible. But it was clear she was inexperienced and lacked much speed or power, against a raw fighter a seasoned warrior could pick them apart and he hoped to demonstrate a little of what the people of his homeland could do. He was also quite fatigued, but it was essential to be able to push oneselves past their limits, only then could you truly test one’s heart of a warrior. And in this country that seemed to be what it was all about. Though truthfully Ichiro wasn’t so sure he would join these people but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be on friendly terms and share a few tips here and there. “Or if you don’t trust me we could demonstrate for her?” he challenged, “Maybe even a two on one?” he considered. He wasn’t sure how powerful the other swordsman was, in a straight taijutsu fight he might be at a disadvantage but if it were a fight to the death Ichiro was sure he would win. Nonetheless, he hoped mostly to work on his physical ability and so he was counting on the man being able to show some restraint if he did take him up on the offer.
Jutsu UsedShow
Suiton • Rain Cloud
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user will form the necessary handseals, causing a small cloud to form a moment before rain begins pouring down from the sky from an elevation of 10 meters, similarly covering a 10x10 meter area in rainfall that comes down with [14] speed and [6] strength. The heavy rain will persist for a total of 4 posts unless dispelled early, capable of completely drenching anyone remaining within the area and creating a significant amount of water in the area, typically enough to leave about a 0.5 meter deep puddle depending on terrain.
625+562+642= 1829 Words Endurance Training (6 Stats)
Last edited by Izanagi on Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willoria

The Healers' Hut

Post by Willoria » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:02 am

As Sumire laughed and Ichiro complained, mentioning his age in passing, Osamu shook his head. “You’re younger than me, you should hear the shit she calls me then.” He quipped, shaking his head with crossed arms. As Ichiro summoned his rain the man didn’t move much, but his eyes narrowed in a glare at the man. He didn’t seem overly fond over the show of Ninjutsu, almost as if he detested the art for one reason or another. Though the look quickly faded as Ichiro actually addressed him and mentioned a spar. Osamu shook his head. “I’m not the one training today, she is.” He said simply. “Just hope you’re right about your precision… screw up and hurt her too badly, I’ll sever your achilles before your friend can think to stop me.” He replied with a wicked grin. He found himself a rock to sit on and stayed there, keeping everyone involved in view, especially Cho.

Cho of course was rolling her eyes at Osamu, trying to keep her focus on the other two. “I’m Atsushi Cho, the grumpy dick is Osamu.” She said, introducing herself properly to the pair finally. “Honestly my healing skills are minimal, I’m more of a Seer by these people’s standards.”

“Won’t be much of anything if you don’t learn to protect yourself better.” Osamu quipped from his rock. “Take the man up on his offer to spar.”

Cho glared at him, but also took up her staff again and spun it, trading it between her hands as she turned her attention to Ichiro. “Osamu there is still a bit salty from the war. We only survived thanks to a spirit, a Yokai who gave us our revenge.” She continued spinning her staff, twisting her body to keep up the momentum and moving her feet to keep moving towards Ichiro. She’d keep the pirate in her line of sight so that she could do everything possible to try and deflect any attempted blows with her staff. Though she wasn’t sure how successful she’d be. In spite of her teasing she could tell she was far outmatched by the man.

Osamu meanwhile was clearly uncomfortable at the mention of the ‘Yokai’, of Shinjiro, wrinkling his nose briefly and sniffing. But unlike when they were alone he didn’t speak up or try to counter her, he felt she looked crazy enough just saying it, he didn’t need to make her look worse. He forced himself instead to focus on watching the spar between Cho and Ichiro, Cho’s safety being his primary concern.

Cho would do what she could to block any blows, but while she wanted to try and find an opening to try and get a strike of her own in she quickly realized it just wasn’t going to happen. The man moved much faster than she did, keeping her staff in rotation to block his blows was going to be challenge enough. She’d already been training enough that morning that her lungs were starting to burn with the continuous momentum she had to keep going with. And of course, she knew Osamu wasn’t just going to stay quiet and observe in silence the entire time.

“When you can’t beat someone whose bigger or faster, what do you do, Cho?”

It took everything she had not to roll her eyes at Osamu’s ironically timed comment. But if she rolled her eyes, she’d lose sight of Ichiro and likely pay for it dearly. “You’re really not helping…” she muttered as she tried to keep her staff going. Her arms were sore, every joint starting to feel like there were rocks grinding in them as she moved. She kept moving to try and block Ichiro but more than once she started to slow, and more than once she paid for it, hissing in pain as one of his strikes would find purchase in her skin. “Fuck. Dick.” She finally snarled at one of them.

Osamu sighed and shook his head. “It helps if you listen.” He muttered. “Is yours as stubborn as she is?” he asked Sumire, finally turning to look at the woman. He’d hardly paid attention to her before but suddenly found himself distracted when he finally looked at her, blinking briefly and having to force himself to turn his attention back to the spar in front of him. But it was clear rather quickly his mind was hardly on the fight in front of him as he cleared his throat and tried to clear his head at the same time.

Cho practically shoved her staff in the ground to get her balance back after a particularly nasty swipe, noticing out of the corner of her eye that Osamu started to stand when he saw it. The young woman made a simple hand motion to wave him off before taking a sudden spinning swipe at Ichiro and hoping to catch him by surprise with the heavy end of the staff.

825/800 Endurance Training
Jutsu UsedShow
[Oin's Wrath • Wing Buffet]
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
A staple technique of any polearm style, Cho is capable of maintaining incredible momentum with her staff by twisting and twirling it in her hands. By rotating her hands, arms and body in various ways, Cho can spin her staff around her body in large circles. Doing this works as a functional defense capable of slapping away blows and mundane projectiles of a lesser strength than her own. This also acts as a powerful offense, delivering sweeping strikes backed by the momentum of the spins.

[Oin's Wrath • Flying out of Reach]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
A staple of Oin's Wrath, Cho is well trained in the effective range of her staff, and is capable of maintaining proper distance from her opponent to keep them within the range of her staff but outside of the range of their attacks. This training has taught her to backpedal and deliver feints and strikes to prevent rush attempts as well as to advance when necessary, all the while doing her best to stay within the sweet spot where he can strike without being struck.

Izanagi

The Healers' Hut

Post by Izanagi » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:13 pm

Ichiro chuckled lightly at the samurai’s comment, “Oh, I’m sure” he said with a wry smirk. The girl certainly seemed lively, not what he had expected when he heard of a healer in the region. Though such people were often eccentric in some way or another. The man of many professions nodded his head, humming lowly in contemplation as Osamu declined the offer to train. “Aye, very well then” he said as the heavy rain began to fall and he looked up to the sky before closing his eyes and letting the refreshing water wash over him. Arms outstretched he embraced the water of his own making. Like the water around him, Osamu’s threats washed over him. “Oh, I don’t doubt it” he lied, at least being honest in believing the man’s intent, though whether or not he was capable of such a thing was not so clear cut. It benefited him to be underestimated and he typically embraced such a perception, seeming to be just an ordinary man to most.

The young woman introduced herself after Ichiro did and he nodded in consideration of her proclaimed talents. “A seer, well I’d say such a talent is even more valuable than healing. Truly a rare gift” he stated with genuine respect for such arts, if she actually had the talent of course. As natural his tone held a slight hint of sarcasm or at the very least skepticism. A discerning sort of man he was. At the mention of a Yokai Ichiro was quite interested. He had fought spirits before during the outbreak from Wind country, and naturally as he traveled, he had heard many rumors and come across various villages where their people were injured or inflicted with sickness from various curses, monsters and demons. He knew well the types of spirits that roamed the world and certainly Yokai were very much real. “I’ve had quite a few run ins with Yokai over the years, rarely have they offered protection, but it has been known to happen. Be grateful you were on the right side of its rage. Spirits are not to be trusted, mischievous and selfish beings most of them” he said speaking with some distaste. He too had read about many encounters through the journels of Setsuko Zao, one of his brief mentors from many years ago.

As the girl spun her staff and moved toward him, Ichiro drew his Wakizashi in a flash, cutting at the rain and sending a splash of water off his blade toward her face, nothing more than a distraction, followed by shifting off center, kicking up a spray of mud from a low angle toward her face and then continuing to circle around, moving behind her as she turned to try to follow the sound of his movement. Though every step she took and each swing of her staff he continued to move just out of reach and just ahead of how fast she could turn. It would be like trying to swim while tied to a sandbag and being pummeled with waves. The rain was heavy enough to make every movement more difficult, almost like being underwater completely and so too would the ground become muddy and slippery and the sounds of the heavy impacts making movements more difficult to discern. Already it would become clear the type of fighter Ichiro was. There was no such thing as honor or fair, he was not a samurai. But neither was he a shinobi, killing was rarely his objective. He aimed only to survive and make attacking him more trouble than it was worth.

He wouldn’t block her strikes, engaging in direct power exchanges wasn’t his style, even if he thought it was likely he could overpower her. Regardless the reach, weight and momentum of a staff made blocking with a small blade quite difficult and in the rain it would have been far too easy to lose his grip even if she was weaker. Instead, he continued to circle, duck and evade, making small, calculated movements and letting her frustrations rise and her fatigue begin to set in. Just to keep her mobile he would occasionally prod a feigned attack, not fully committing or coming into her effective range but making little thrusts and changing the angles of his blade to force for to keep attempting to bat his sword away before he quickly withdrew it before her staff could intercept but without getting quite close enough to land a cut. All the while despite honing his reflexes and quick movements his overall energy expenditure was quite low. He did note that she kept her defenses up well, always moving to be in a comfortable range and utilizing the reach of her weapon to make counter attacking difficult. Water cascaded off of her movements, it was quite beautiful really, making almost a dome at times as the heavy staff repelled the downpour.

Instead of wielding his sword like a typical samurai, Ichiro held the wakizashi in only one hand, while his left rested on the grip of his tanto. He would lean forward, taunting her into an attack and then lean back suddenly and twist his body, instead of a long sweeping cut like most sword styles he simply countered with a quick thrusts, twisting the sword to cut along the woman’s tricep, a shallow wound that would bleed steadily and make swinging around her staff somewhat more difficult. Perhaps not enough to notice at first with adrenaline rushing through her but in time her body would feel the extra strain. Backing away even as he made the strike, he waited for her to whirl around, recovering quickly in the style he had begun to understand. Her skill with polearms meant a quickly recovering defense, rotating around her, his moments of counterattack had to be swift and precise, or he had to disarm her in order to get a clear opening. Of course, he could have easily delivered a deeper cut, targeting a number of different vitals that would have delivered a lethal wound, or even paralyzed her but he was only intent on training and inflicting as minimal of wounds as possible. Nothing that couldn’t be easily healed afterward by himself and Sumire.

He smirked as the woman cried out in annoyance after receiving the cut. “Are we having fun yet?” he taunted, “You’re very good at spraying water around. I should hire you as a gardener” he quipped, swaying his wakizashi through the air, leading her like a serpent would, drawing her focus on trying to guess what angle he would trust from and which direction he would move. He kept light on his toes, spry and agile with his knees bent slightly and his torso constantly shifting angles with every one of her attacks. His hips and shoulders too were quick to shift, allowing him to suddenly extend his range considerably or keep his sword close to his body with just a few inches of the tip threatening past his body, always ready to lunge out again. Such motions made his effective range and angle of attack quick difficult to predict, even as he darted around, shifting directions frequently and making many feints. His days fighting as a pirate were evident in his interpretation of the traditional Yoshin style. Fighting aboard ships he was used to always moving and his body itself seemed to naturally sway, never staying still or finding himself flatfooted or rigid.

Sumire watched alongside Osamu, staying just out of the rain, though the ground where they stood quickly became flooded. The woman focused her Mycorrhiza into the ground and grew a several meter wide purple mushroom from under her, that similarly rose about a meter off the ground. Letting her legs hang over the edge she leaned back, letting her cloak part enough to show that she wore only some bits of fur and cloth wrapping beneath. Her black hair shimmered with glints of purple tones against the sun that met the edge of the large cube of heavy rain. Surely, there would be a rainbow produced as a result, but it seemed they were a little too close to it to be able to properly discern the full refractions of light occurring above them. “You’ve never tended a garden in your life, the closest you’ve come are mine!” she called out, while it was true he was skilled at foraging and discerning plantlife, it was Sumire who had the green thumb when it came to actually growing, though that was primarily in regard to mushrooms, but other useful herbs were collected and grown when circumstances provided a place for such a thing. It was easy enough to grow mushrooms at sea, but other plants required a bit more specific conditions.

Another yelp and it was clear Ichiro had cut the woman again, a nick to the ribs this time, followed quickly by another to the shoulder, opposite to the arm he had first cut, drawing his tanto he simultaneously dropped low and delivered a nick along the woman’s calf before actually having to meet contact with her staff with his Wakizashi, parrying a blow over his head as he rolled away. When he came to his knees he was covered in mud and he had to pause for a second as he got a little spattered in his eye and felt the grittiness against his grip. Holding both weapon defensively he crouched like a coilng viper. The tanto in his left hand in a reverse grip, his fist positioned in front of his chest, and his right arm bent only slightly as he held the Wakizashi straight out ahead, the tip angled up slightly in line with his eyes as he looked up at the woman, squinting one of his eyes closed but not looking away or taking any time to try to dislodge the dirt. If she came in high her legs would be vulnerable, if she thrusted he could pary and lodge his tanto into any vital of his choice if he so desired. It was clear that even in a vulnerable position the man was still dangerous. In fact, being so low to the ground likely even put him at an advantage against the staff. Though he would simply wait and observe how she approached. His legs remained ready to explode in a burst of speed at any moment.

Sumire laughed lightly at Osamu’s comment, “Worse. Once he makes up his mind there is no stopping him. Ambitious fool...” she commented the last words under breath, smiling fondly as she watched him. Then, smirking mischievously she patted a spot on the mushroom next to her. “Sit, relax! It’s a beautiful day” she encouraged of the seemingly rather uptight samurai. If he did, she would make sure to move quite close to him, practically snuggling up to him as she watched Ichiro and hoped he would notice. It was hardly fair for him to toy with Cho so much, if she could make him a little jealous, perhaps it would help to even the score.

1854/300 Words Speed Training (6 Stats)
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Yoshin • Prey's Anatomy]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Detailed knowledge of the human body's vulnerabilities and weaknesses are fundamental to learning Yoshin. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge of the precise location of all major organs, tendons, blood vessels, and nerve clusters on both their body and the opponent's body. This allows the practitioner to accurately target those areas even in the heat of combat.

*[Yoshin • Whip Snare]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Forgoing the typical practice of aiming one's blows to do the most critical damage possible, the practitioner instead lashes out at the opponent with a quick snapping slash or thrust. If the attack lands, the practitioner curves and angles the edge of their blade along the cut, making a shallower, irregular cut. While these cuts rarely cause any serious damage on their own, the nature of the cut not only make them difficult to mend or stitch, they also contribute to significant blood loss over time and areincredibly painful for the opponent. This can make moving and executing techniques more difficult for an opponent hit by this technique unless they have an Endurance equal to or higher than the practitioner's Speed.

Willoria

The Healers' Hut

Post by Willoria » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:37 pm

Osamu watched the movements of the pirate silently and yet carefully. Yoshin was not a style he was unfamiliar with, it was one the man himself knew a fair bit of, though it wasn’t his primary. He could still remember learning it only because of the hatred Kenji had carried for the users of the style, though his past as a travelling companion to the lover of ’The Thing that Should Not Be’ was something he kept secret and tucked away, it was still something ever present in his mind. Memories came easily to the surface as he watched Ichiro spar against Cho. But his recognition of the style quickly put his fears of the man’s abilities and intentions at ease. He clearly had the knowledge to commit deadly actions against the girl if he so desired, and the control to hold back, he demonstrated it in every motion. Sighing quietly he felt his own shoulders relax as Sumire spoke to him again. He turned to look at her again and only then did he finally notice what she wore, or rather what little, and he blinked for a moment as words fled him. Clearing his throat he simply nodded at her invitation and his legs seemed to move of their own accord as he sat beside her on the strange mushroom formation. He didn’t particularly trust jutsu or shinobi and he wasn’t sure if she was one, but both the fungi and the woman he suddenly found oddly fascinating. And as she scooted closer that fascination didn’t leave, he found himself looking at her rather closely and swallowing with difficulty. “….is this to distract me or him?” he asked rather carefully.

Meanwhile Cho suddenly came to a stop in her spins as she saw the man before her stop on one knee. He looked almost as if he were recovering and she wondered if he was injured, some part of her at first thought he was vulnerable but something nagged at her. He had taunted her, sliced her flesh more than once, and something didn’t seem right as she stared at him and her eyes narrowed for a moment. A grin flashed across her lips before she suddenly chose to try and kick mud up at his face with a huff and puff of effort before spinning back into her movements. Her aim had been to fling more mud into his face and lunge with her staff, letting the weapon slide through one of her hands while using the other to thrust it forward. She was aiming for his chest, perhaps foolish but she felt that aiming for his face was simply too risky in such a situation. Even though she knew she was so much weaker than him it still seemed too dangerous of a risk to take if she were to catch his eye or something in the process.

From there she would however aim to spin her weapon again, attempting to land a hit from the side on his shoulder to knock him down into the mud. Keeping her momentum going from one spin into the next was key. The rain wore her down, it pushed down onto her almost more like a swamp than rain and it left her feeling weary as if she had been swimming in something much thicker than water for hours. She wasn’t sure how that had happened, could it have been the amount of time spent training already? Was it the result of her wounds suffered so far? Or perhaps there was more to this.

Though as she continued her motions and her movements, just trying to land something on the man, out of the corner of her eye she saw how close Sumire and Osamu were. For a moment her face turned red up to her ears. Her teeth braced against her lower lip as if to curse but she suddenly stumbled back as she saw the flash of a blade far too close for comfort and her attention was forcibly drawn back to Ichiro and she tried a wild, untrained swing for his head briefly. ’Really, Osamu? I’m training against this guy and you’re… what…. Trying to get laid?’ she forced herself to keep the words in her own thoughts in her own mind rather than speaking what she was thinking. Yet still more than once as she swung her staff for Ichiro she let out a frustrated grunt or two as she felt thoughts of bitter jealousy starting to make their way in. ’Why would I be jealous? He’s probably almost twice my age…. Stupid, Cho… you’re being stupid…’ she chided herself over and over again, and yet caught herself glancing at him and the mushroom woman more than once. And more than once she still paid for more with a cut or a glancing blow.

809/800 Endurance Training
Jutsu UsedShow
Secrets of the Witch • Casting Bones
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
The user has studied the concept of body language, and trained themselves to recognize and understand the meaning behind major shifts in the body and motions. This allows them to better understand what their target truly feels or thinks, despite what they might say or do, provided their opponent does not have a jutsu designed to hide such things from others.

Secrets of the Witch • Minor Divination
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
The user has studied the concept of micro expressions, and trained themselves to recognize and understand the meaning behind such momentary slips of emotion in their targets. This allows them to better understand what their target truly feels or thinks, despite what they might say or do, provided their opponent does not have a jutsu designed to hide such things from others.

[Oin's Wrath • Peck]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
One of the simplest and most basic of strikes, Cho will grip her staff with one hand near the center and one hand towards the back end of the staff. She will then aim her staff at an opponent before pushing forward with the back hand, sliding the staff forward in a thrusting strike. This is an incredibly safe and versatile strike, as it can be used from almost any position and in almost any situation with little risk to Cho.

[Oin's Wrath • Wing Buffet]
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
A staple technique of any polearm style, Cho is capable of maintaining incredible momentum with her staff by twisting and twirling it in her hands. By rotating her hands, arms and body in various ways, Cho can spin her staff around her body in large circles. Doing this works as a functional defense capable of slapping away blows and mundane projectiles of a lesser strength than her own. This also acts as a powerful offense, delivering sweeping strikes backed by the momentum of the spins.

Return to “Tea Country”