The Price of Friendship

Amy and Guy training thread

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:41 am

Having spent as much time as he had traveling with Misaki, Yutaka found himself quite conflicted. He honestly did want to help her find her sister, and more importantly, hit those human trafficking bastards where it hurt, but that involved a lot of downtime between taking major actions. So most of his time was spent stuck sharing a room with Misaki and having to do things her way. Which meant that he had to keep a low profile, something he hated more than anything. In this particular town, there was a strong Yakuza presence, they weren't in the Oni branch, but given how close they were to Jianyu, there was a decent possibility that Yutaka could be identified. So not only could Yutaka not scam, he couldn’t have too much fun at the bars, and most frustratingly, he couldn’t go to any brothels.

To put it simply, Yutaka was bored. Bored out of his mind. They’d spent almost two weeks in this town, and while he didn’t have to limit his drinking, he couldn’t do anything. He’d begrudgingly been on good behavior, well, as close to good behavior as Yutaka could get. They had made plans to move on in two days, and despite how well he’d done up to this point, Yutaka had had enough. Knowing that Misaki had some errands to run, he waited for her to leave before quickly searching through the room for the money he knew she had stashed away. She kept some of her own, so he figured she wouldn’t miss the small amount they were sharing. It took him a while, but he finally found the hidden stash, cleverly hidden under a floorboard. With the money secured, Yutaka had only one thing on his mind: it was time to go to the brothel. He could not remember the last time he had to go this long without a visit or at least picking someone up at the bar. The lack of stress relief had left him far more frustrated than he normally was, only made worse by living with a woman who would not hesitate to change in front of him. Plus, the more time they spent traveling together, the more they argued and fought. She’d be pissed at him, but hopefully she realized that this was simply the price of friendship. With a swagger that he had been lacking in the previous week, Yutaka made his way to the brothel and, once there, explored his options.
CharactersShow
Itotsuki, Abari Kirigakure Chuunin [color=#80a0ff]
Akio B-rank Other Countries [color=#ee4a2d]
Nara, Daisuke D-Rank Missing nin [color=#E4EC32]
Kisama, Yutaka Heart Empire Akibushi [color=#BF0000]
Akari, Touji Iwagakure Genin [color=#C0C0C0]

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:22 pm

The door slammed behind Misaki as she stalked out of their room at the inn, her face set in almost a stoic gaze. It was her eyes though that could not hide the anger that burned inside of her, so hot that she thought she may combust. She had come back from another job because her oaf of a companion was too recognizable to do it himself only to find that he had taken their money for himself. Undoubtedly he had already gambled it away or handed it freely to whatever whore he found most attractive or willing at the nearby brothel. The more she considered how the hard earned money had been wasted the hotter she burned, people nearly tripping over themselves to avoid bumping into her. Nobody that Misaki passed on the street wanted the anger that brewed inside of her turned on them. After checking the two gambling rooms that she knew of, Misaki turned her sights on the brothel. She had known all along that this was where he would be but she had needed time to cool down so she didn’t just try to snap his neck as soon as she saw him.

“Miss, you can’t just wa-Hey!”

Misaki stalked past the doorman, slapping his hand away when he reached for her. Room after room she stalked through, pulling the eyes of every man and woman alike. Some shocked, some angry, some embarrassed. But it wasn’t until the last room that she saw who she was looking for. At this point, the entire security team was chasing after her but she didn’t care. Her shoes were completely silent on the floor as she walked up to where Yutaka was laying in bed, looking utterly and infuriatingly peaceful. She would have a blade pressed to his throat before he could react.

If you’re not outside in the next ten minutes I will do everything in my power to have you banned from every gambling room, every brothel, every bar in every town we go to from here on out.” She pulled back from the bed, throwing a quick glance at the woman in bed next to him.

At least your taste in women isn’t bad.

Misaki turned and stalked back through the brothel, shoving aside every security member who tried to touch her. It seemed that now that she was leaving on her own they didn’t care about her very much.

What a way to start the weekend.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #A32638
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki #FF80BF
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:02 am

Yutaka lay in bed, basking in the satisfaction that came with a job well done. His brief moment of peace was cut short by a knife suddenly pushing against his throat. He didn't even need to open his eyes to know who it was. Misaki had found him quicker than he had expected. Yutaka's face immediately changed to annoyance as she told him to meet her outside. She couldn't have waited just another forty minutes? As Misaki stormed out, he exhaled heavily through his nose before sitting up. The red-haired woman next to him took another drag from her cigarette before speaking.

“Wife? Girlfriend?”

“Just a stalker. I'll be back in a minute.”

“Well, be quick. You only have forty minutes left, and I want to get another round in.”

Yutaka gave her a smile and a wink as he started to get dressed. Her flattery only made him more angry at Misaki. It was just one visit! And he had a thing going on with the girl too! Stomping out of the brothel, he gave the security a glare. They had one job. Sure, none of them would have been able to stop her, but the sound of broken bones would have at least given him a heads-up! They didn't even try.

“I’ll be right back, don’t go givin’ out my room ‘til my time’s up.”

“Sir, you can’t just leave and co-”

“You’re the dumbass who let her just walk right in and into my room! A fuckup of that caliber should entitle me to a full refund. So with all due respect, sir, don’t push it.”

He was being a lot more civil than he wanted to be, but only because the red-headed woman had treated him well. With another deep sigh, he exited the brothel, redirecting his anger back towards its original target. Misaki was pissed, but Yutaka met her with the same fire. Why did she always feel the need to limit him?

“I shouldn’t have taken the money without askin’ but ya left me with no choice! You would never have let me go to the brothel. You’re too paranoid! When I tagged along with you, I hadn’t expected that my whole lifestyle was going to be choked out of me. I’m not like you, I can’t just go through the day to day with nothing but hate and spite to keep me fulfilled. If ya want me to be at my best, ya gotta let me blow off some steam. I’ve been cooped up in inns for most of my time spent travelin’ with ya. So just let me have this, it’ll tide me over for a while. I have about thirty-five minutes left, so I’m gonna head back in. It’s not like we’re goin’ to see that money back, it’s already spent! So ya might as well just let me be for now.”

Yutaka had decided a long time ago that he was not going to live life for anyone other than himself. Sure, he’d make a couple of sacrifices for a mission this important, but after a certain point, it felt like he was being forced to behave a certain way. He was sick of it. Not caring about how spoiled he might have sounded, Yutaka stood his ground and gave Misaki a glare that made it clear that he was not going to be intimidated. It was time she realized that, while she was leading the mission, she was not his boss.
Last edited by ThatGuy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:35 am

Misaki didn’t bother to reply to Yutaka after his little speech. She just raised her eyebrow at him, gesturing for him to go back inside if he was so insistent on it. Her sudden calmness was not due to her fire of rage burning out. Rather, it had exploded into a nearly all consuming rage that burned across her skin. Without watching to see if he went back in or not Misaki turned on her heels and began walking back to the inn. All she could focus on was breathing because if she started thinking about the fiit he had just thrown she was liable to start a fight with the first person who looked at her.

He was throwing a fit about the fact that he had to stay in the inn? That he needed to “blow off some steam”. Well, she hoped that he had a plan on what to do when he was on his own because Misaki was done. It seemed that he had forgotten that he had invited himself on this trip. She had never really wanted him here anyways.

Won’t be staying the night. Keep whatever extra as a tip. The oaf will pick his stuff up later.

She continued onto her room without giving the attendant any additional information. She began shoving her few belongings into bags, wrapping up her equipment and searching every nook and cranny to make sure that she wasn’t forgetting anything. There was no way she was coming back to this room after this. She had hoped to be gone by the time he got back but taking the long way back to the inn had cost her.

When she shouldered open the door she nearly hit him with the door. She didn’t say anything to him as she pushed by him, ignoring him calling her name. His giant oversized feet made so much noise there was no way to pretend he wasn’t following her. She sped up, heading into the woods and onto the next village. There was information to be found everywhere, she didn’t need to stay here.

She continued to ignore him until he dared to reach out and grab at her arm. Her bag dropped to the ground at the same time she grabbed his middle finger, bending it so far back it was on the verge of breaking.

Now you want to talk? I am so fucking sick of you and your one track teenage brain. You want to go fuck some brainless whore I don’t care. That’s not the problem.” She let go of him, taking only one step back. Her bag rolled behind her as she kicked it out of the way. “My problem is that you stole our money. Without that money we can’t afford the inn past tonight. We can’t afford food for tomorrow. But at least you got your dick wet, thank the gods.

She was seething at this point, her hands clenching and unclenching at her sides. She thought yelling at him would help her feel better but it didn’t. It just got her more riled up. So when he opened his mouth to say whatever he was going to say she found herself throwing a punch directly at his nose. In for a penny, in for a pound she supposed.
Last edited by Amy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:42 am

After spending his remaining time at the brothel, Yutaka made his way back to the inn that they had been staying in. By the time he had reached the room, he was almost knocked over by Misaki leaving. Realizing that she had packed up all of her things, he called out to her.

“Misaki! The hell are you goin’?”

She didn’t say a word and just kept walking. Yutaka decided to quickly pack the few things he had to his name and follow her. They had unfinished business, and he was not about to let her simply walk away from it.

“Will you stop?”

Misaki picked up the pace, and Yutaka continued to follow her until eventually they found themselves in the woods outside of town. Was she going to keep ignoring him all night? Growing increasingly impatient, Yutaka reached to grab her arm to try and get her to stop.

“Ya can’t jus-”

He was interrupted by her bending his finger backwards, nearly to the point of breaking it. The pain was intense, but he gritted his teeth and listened to her speak. He understood why she was angry, but why wouldn’t she even attempt to see things from his perspective?

“I can ma-”

He knew she was furious and that she was not afraid to hurt him, but Yutaka had not expected for Misaki to actually punch him in the face. Blood trickled down his nose, and the Kisama got dangerously close to losing himself. Why was she making this so difficult for him? He just wanted to talk. With much more speed and force than before, he grabbed her by her arms.

“I can make the money back if ya jus-”

Misaki broke out of his grasp and put him in a joint hold. Pain shot from Yutaka’s wrist as his vision started to turn red. He was never one to hurt a woman, but Misaki was not a normal woman. Letting out a grunt of pain, Yutaka used his free hand to grab the girl once more. Repositioning himself to minimize the damage from the hold. Misaki applied more pressure, and Yutaka couldn’t remember the last time he was in this much pain. If it were any other circumstance, he probably would have given in and apologized, but he was livid. Pushing through the pain, he wrenched his wrist from her grasp, injuring it in the process. Just as he had escaped the hold, he immediately reached to grab hold of Misaki’s waistline before twisting his body and throwing her over his hip and onto the ground. As he did so, his wrist screamed in pain, but Yutaka did his best to ignore it. Pain was temporary. After a satisfying thud, he spoke.

“I’m a lot fuckin’ stronger than ya think. Ya wanna scrap? Let’s scrap.”

Knowing that Misaki would likely come at him with way more ferocity than before, he entered a defensive stance, keeping his center of gravity low and waiting for his opportunity to throw her again.

(500/500 Words Endurance Training)
(4/500 Words Endurance Training)
[-500 Word Training Pack Discount]
Jutsu UsedShow
Improvised Mawashi
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Should the practitioner get a hold of the opponent's clothing, ideally the waistline, they are able to control the flow of energy. This effectively allows the practitioner to treat any piece of an opponent's clothing as a Mawashi.

Shitatenage
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner hooks under the opponent's arm and grabs their Mawashi then turns sideways in order to throw their opponent. Ideally into a nearby object.
Last edited by ThatGuy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:30 pm

A little smirk blossomed on Misaki’s face when Yutaka finally met her energy and decided to stop running even as she flipped through the air. She spun to her side just enough that her shoulder wouldn’t take all of her weight and risk popping out of the socket. There was no point in talking anymore, not with her words anyways. He was a lot bigger than her and she would need to use that to her advantage. She needed to use her energy and strength carefully because she had already accepted that she wasn’t going to get out of this unscathed. It was just a matter of how much damage she could do before her body gave up on her.

After settling her weight in her heels Misaki ran forward, aimed straight towards his center mass. At the last second she dropped down to the ground, catching her weight with her hands and her left leg. With her right leg she struck out towards his knee, exerting enough energy to hurt him but not as much as she usually would. Even in her current state of mind she didn’t really want to break his knee. Not yet at least.

Working on controlling her movements, using as little energy as needed she didn’t stop after her kick whether it connected or not. She wasn’t used to extremely long fights so she needed to keep herself as calm as possible and not waste her power with unnecessary movements. After she finished her kick she would use her braced hands to throw herself back up and onto her feet, rolling quickly to try to get behind Yutaka. This wasn’t all about using her tried and true methods though. She also just really wanted to hit him.

Standing up behind him she grabbed one fist in her other hand and drove her elbow into Yutaka’s back right where his kidney would be. He was able to start spinning out of the way but he couldn’t avoid the entire brunt of her attack and she felt him stumble the rest of the way out of her range. She jumped back when she saw his hands reaching for her, no doubt in an attempt to throw her again. Misaki took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing heart. This was really getting her blood going. She raised her hands in a boxing stance, her weight bouncing from foot to foot. What she really wanted was to punch him in the face again. Nothing in her life had been quite as satisfying as that had been.

She danced closer to him, keeping light on her toes so that he couldn’t easily snatch her. When she thought she saw an opening she gave a quick jab with her left hand before doing a wide roundhouse with her right hand. The angle was off though, she knew it as soon as she was halfway through the punch. The giant was just so fucking tall it made everything so awkward. There was no stopping the energy she had created though and the punch was going to follow through no matter what. The only way it would hit was if he stood still as a statue for no reason at all.

Jutsu UsedShow
*Knee Bender
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 10 Strength
The practitioner closes in and delivers a powerful snap kick to the opponent's knee, attempting to bend it completely backwards, dislocating it or breaking the joint outright. This causes the opponent unable to stand on the afflicted leg without struggling to balance themselves. This also causes immense pain in the opponent's joint, making the injury hard to heal naturally. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Strength to achieve the desired effect of this technique.
(41/500 Words Endurance Training)
Last edited by Amy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:17 pm

Yutaka braced himself for Misaki’s attack but did not expect her to drop down and kick his knee. The pain was enough to make him wince, but the adrenaline was enough to make him quickly forget it. She wasted no time in rolling to the side, trying to get behind him. If she was going to use footwork like this, he was in trouble. Twisting away from the incoming strike, he still found himself in a lot of pain as the woman’s elbow dug into his back. It was enough to send him stumbling forward. With a growl, he spun back around and reached to grab Misaki, but she was too fast and jumped out of range. Keeping a close eye on his opponent, Yutaka put up the same defensive stance as before. He had always been one to run away from fights that he was not sure that he could win, but there were a few exceptions in his life, and this was one of them.

While she was not entirely too fast for him to catch, Yutaka did not want to waste the energy chasing her. Not only was her footwork exceptional, but he needed to take his injuries into consideration. The more stress he put on his knee, the more likely it was that he would seriously injure himself. So instead, he waited for Misaki to make the first move, digging his feet into the ground, becoming an immovable wall. The large man did not even flinch as the jab made contact with his already bleeding nose, instead aiming for the follow-up attack. As Misaki threw her hook, Yutaka would attempt to trade blows with her. Bringing his hand up, he brought it down in an attempt to slap her with all his might. This was not the kind of slap a lover throws when she catches her partner cheating, the kind meant to leave the other person’s face red and stinging. This was a heavy-handed strike with the palm intended to rattle the brain as much as possible, something sumo wrestlers were all too familiar with.

Whether his strike hit or not, he would be rocked by Misaki’s hook. Despite the awkward angle and his being prepared, the hit still carried an immense weight behind it. Quickly stepping backwards to allow himself to recover, Yutaka found himself in familiar territory. This was far from the first time he’d been forced to fight while the world seemingly spun around him. After getting a grip and shaking off the slight daze, he dropped low and decided to go on the offensive. As it stood, he was just letting Misaki land blow after blow in an attempt to get a good counter in, but so far that had just led to an accumulation of injuries. Once his hands touched the ground, Yutaka launched forward at a speed that betrayed his large stature. In an instant, he reached his maximum speed and charged straight towards Misaki with the intent to grab onto her clothing. Should he get a hold of her, he would wrap his calf around the outside of hers and attempt to drive her backwards and onto the ground. If he could manage this, he would attempt to pin her down, cutting off that annoying footwork of hers.

(54/500 Words Endurance Training)
[-500 Words Training Pack Discount)
Jutsu UsedShow
A Sumo's Defense
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
The practitioner has been trained to keep balance at all costs. This makes them much more difficult to both push back and knock over than an ordinary person.

Tachiai Stance
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
The practitioner drops low, squatting, and leaning forward with their knuckles touching the ground. This stance prepares them for a charging maneuver, often going for a Mawashi grip.

Speeding Tachiai
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Through extensive training the practitioner has learned to reach their max speed in a fraction of the time and distance. They must do so from the Tachiai stance. This makes them a difficult force to stop, but they may only do so in a straight line towards their opponent.

[Attempted]
Sotogake
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner wraps their calf around the outside of the opponent's calf and drives them backwards with the intention of tripping them.
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:53 pm

Misaki did her best to ignore the throbbing on the side of her head from where Yutaka’s hand had slammed into her. She wanted to taunt him, ask him what? Not enough of a man to hit a woman? But she didn’t want to waste time or energy. Right now she had to figure out how to deal with the charging bull that was directly in front of her and heading directly at her. She thought carefully about all of the things that she could do to get out of his way. She could jump in the air and try to grab a branch to swing out of the way. She could dive to the side and hope he couldn’t still grab a hold of some part of her. What she couldn’t do was meet him head on, not with their insane size and weight difference.

She felt him grab onto her clothes and countered as quickly as she could, Her hands latched doto his own clothes. He tried to pin her down and for a brief moment she let him. She knew that he was trying t o stop her from jumping around but he had now put himself in prime headbutting position. Only the smallest of smirks would appear on her face before she pulled her had back as far as she could manage before launching it forward. The upper part of her crown slammed into a slightly lower part of his crown. As planned, he had no other option than to let go of her due to the pain and shock.

She rolled out from underneath him and immediately jumped on his back. She wrapped one arm around his neck and and braced it with her other arm. Her knees dug into his sides, her feet hooked around his hips so she could lock herself in place. This time, she couldn’t resist saying the words that ran through her head.

Just because I don’t work at a brothel doesn’t it’s free to have me under you.

With her hands braced she unlocked one of her legs and pulled it back in a donkey kick so that she could drive her knee into his side. His large hands grasped for her in an attempt to pull her off but she avoided them long enough to get a second kick in. She couldn’t get more than that though, his hands finally wrenching her off. She tumbled along the ground, no longer able to pretend this wasn’t straining her. She panted heavily, her muscles crying for her up slow down.

She pulled herself up to her feet and considered her next move. He already seemed a little disoriented which she could hopefully use to her advantage. She took a page out of his own book and began charging at him. When she was a few feet away she cut to the side and behind him again and lifted her arms wide before trying to slam her fists over his ears. She didn't think she was enough stronger than him to have the full effect but if she succeeded it should cause him a lot more issues with his balance.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Drunk Goggles
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner claps their opponent's ear with the palm of their hand, swinging wide to gather as much force as possible before the strike. This causes bleeding and a ringing sensation in the opponent's ear, hampering their ability to hear properly. This also causes an influx of pressure in the opponent's ear canal, compromising the opponent's balance. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Strength to achieve the desired effect of this technique.
(71/500 Words Endurance Training)
Last edited by Amy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:29 pm

The headbutt was enough to make his whole body freeze and tense up for a moment, allowing Misaki to wrench free from his grasp. Before he had a chance to recover, she had wrapped her arm around his neck and locked him in a chokehold. Smiling at her comment, he drew every last bit of his strength to pry her arms from his neck. Yutaka gritted his teeth even harder as she drove her knee into his side. The pain was nearly unbearable, but it only motivated him further to tear her arm away from his neck. Once he had finally wrenched free from the chokehold, he reached back to grab a hold of her but was met with another kick to the back. Yutaka did his best to pretend that he was not in pain, but the injuries were quickly piling up.

Turning back towards Misaki, he found himself surprised that she was charging right back in. Without much time to react, he once again entered a defensive stance and prepared for the worst. If he could just get a hold of her one more time, he was confident he could turn the fight around. Her palms came slamming into his ears, causing them to start ringing. Thankfully, it was not enough to do any serious damage, as the ringing started to die down shortly after. Immediately after her hands made contact with his head, Yutaka grabbed Misaki by the wrists and pulled her arms towards him as he slammed his head into hers. It hurt like hell, but he imagined that it hurt her a hell of a lot more. Not giving her a chance to recover, he pulled her towards him once again, twisting her around before letting go and grabbing her waist as if hugging her from behind. This was far from a loving embrace, however.

“I wouldn’t have needed a brothel if I’d have known you wanted to climb on for a ride and choke me.”

With that, he lifted Misaki into the air and launched his body backward. He’d never tried to suplex someone in a legitimate fight, but he needed to do enough damage to even the playing field, and quickly. The backs of Misaki’s head and shoulders would slam into the ground before his. Unfortunately, however, Yutaka did not know the proper technique, so he unintentionally did some damage to himself. The hit to his own head was enough to cause him to lose his grip, and he had no choice but to roll away and stumble back to his feet. He hadn’t realized it, but for a split second, Yutaka had lost consciousness. The world started to spin around him again as he regained his footing. It had been a long time since he had taken this much punishment in a fight. But Misaki would be sorely mistaken if she thought she was about to take him down. No matter how many beatings he took as a child or fights he lost as a Yakuza, Yutaka always got back up. He just hoped that Misaki did not share that same resilience.

(74/500 Words Endurance Training)
[-500 Words Training Pack Discount]
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:29 pm

Misaki blinked slowly, closing her eyes one at a time, trying to make the images she was seeing join back into one instead of the double vision she was currently seeing. She had not seen the revenge headbutt coming which was unfortunate as she had had no time to soften the blow. The drop to the ground next had not helped and she wasn’t entirely sure she didn’t have a concussion now. Her body was begging her to call a truce but there was no way she was letting him win. She was going to keep fighting until her body literally couldn’t stay upright any longer.

I should have known you were depraved on top of being a man whore,” Misaki said, her voice not having the same punch it usually did. Guess she would have to add a little extra behind her fists to make up for that.

She was getting messier and she knew that she herself was suffering for it. She circled him slowly, watching him also sway slightly on his feet. If she could just get in a couple more really solid blows she was positive that he wouldn’t last for much longer. Then, she could limp off and pretend she felt any ssense of victory. She decided that this was no time to fight by any honor rules. She was going to play dirty and go for the same leg she had already hit with her kick in the beginning.

As graceful as she could, Misaki walked up to Yutaka and acted like she was going to throw some more ounches. She threw a few fakes that he easily blocked but on the last fake she spun her body and using her momentum threw all of her weight into a palm strike towards his thigh. She felt him stumble under the strike but she knew that she hadn’t achieved what she wanted. Even with all of her weight she was too tired to put her full force into the strike. When he stumbled though she knew she had to take quick advantage and she spun behind him and used her foot to hook around his and yank it out from under him, forcing him to drop onto his knee. She kept her foot behind his knee and wrenched his arm behind his back.

Her heavy panting, hot breaths would wrap around his ear when she bent in close and whispered to him. “We may not be very compatible travel companions but doesn’t sound like we’d have the same problem in the bedroom.” Small grunts left her mouth as he struggled against her, eventually shoving her off of him again. It frustrated her how easily matched they were. She was not used to fighting people this strong. She needed him to give up.

But her fancy moves were failing her and they took too much energy. Which meant that it was time she just started punching. She put her fists up in the only boxing stance she knew and started hopping back and forth on her feet again. It took so much energy but if she stopped her muscles would start to seize up and she would definitely lose. And she refused to lose. Slowly, she bounced her way closer to Yutaka, throwing punches anywhere she thought she could land one. Waiting for the opportunity to throw a punch that would end things for sure.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Fault Line
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner throws a palm strike towards an opponents leg utilizing all their momentum and force by swinging their shoulders and hips, targeting the opponent's thigh. Landing this strike causes immense discomfort and a hairline fracture in one of the bones, and if the opponent continues to heavily use and strain the targeted leg, the hairline fracture can degrade into a full severe fracture. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Strength to achieve the desired effect of this technique.
(110/500 Words Endurance Training)
Last edited by Amy on Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 am

Yutaka was still shaking off the daze as Misaki called him a man whore, only giving her a weak laugh in return. She was looking worse for wear as well, much to his relief. After a few more deep breaths, the world started to fall back into place. Seeing Misaki make his way towards him, he took a different defensive stance than before. This time he would be aiming to actually block the incoming attacks rather than aiming for a counter. As much as he wanted to end this fight quickly, he could not risk taking another heavy hit to the head. Under no circumstances would he allow himself to lose to her. She was always looking down on him, ever since they had met. That was going to change. Blocking some sloppily thrown punches, Yutaka wondered if that suplex had done more damage than he had originally thought. It was all a distraction, however, as she spun her body and slammed her palm into his thigh. He let out another growl as the pain shot through his leg. She purposely targeted the same leg she had earlier struck and injured his knee.

Stumbling backwards, he was not able to regain his footing as Misaki had yanked his foot out from under him, forcing him to drop onto his knee. Before he knew it, she had his arm wrenched behind his back. As she whispered into his ear, he simply smirked. If she thought she could seduce him to get out of this fight, she was wrong. Well, mostly wrong. The flirting only served to irritate him further. After all his advances and her acting like he was so far beneath her, now she was suddenly interested? All the sexual frustration from his time spent traveling with her offered him a new reservoir of strength as he finally broke free from her grasp. After getting back to his feet, he couldn’t help himself from speaking.

“You can barely keep up with me in a fight, an area where you are more experienced. Ya really think you could keep up with me between the sheets? Don’t flatter yourself.”

Yutaka swatted away multiple incoming jabs by Misaki. He was starting to get her rhythm down, and now that she was losing speed, he was confident that he could end this soon. Her punches were sharp, however, and were becoming increasingly accurate. Yutaka’s hands were hurting as he attempted to redirect each incoming strike. Just when he thought he was getting the hang of it, he felt like he’d gotten hit over the head with a rock. Misaki had found an opening and threw one hell of a hook aimed right at his jaw. As she continued to press the advantage, Yutaka’s instinct kicked in. He dodged an incoming straight before grabbing her wrist and upper arm before throwing her over his shoulder.

“At least your taste in men isn’t bad.”

Breathing heavily, Yutaka prayed that the impact was enough to knock the wind out of Misaki. It was clear that they were both reaching their limits. At this point, it was just a matter of making sure he wasn’t the first one to drop from exhaustion.

(108/500 Words Endurance Training)
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:17 pm

Misaki smashed into the ground, a heavy grun being forced from her mouth. Fucking giant oaf with his constant throws. Didn’t he know how to do anything else? Misaki stumbled to her feet, her shoulders heaving with every breath she took in. She was running only on pure hatred right now. Once might think the hatred would have eased out of her by now but she was an expert at nothing if she wasn’t an expert at staying mad. Staying mad was the only way she was going to win this fight. Staying mad would keep her body going past her limits. It might also cause her to get hurt but whoever said victory came without sacrifice had never been in a serious fight/

If you think I’m more experienced in a fight you really don’t know me at all,” she finally found the effort to ground out. Taking the time to steady herself and find her balance again. Yutaka wasn’t immediately charging her again so she knew he was also weakening. Otherwise he would have taken advantage of her taking the moment she needed. “Don’t flatter yourself too much though. Stupidity is a trait I have often found valuable in a man.

Misaki rolled her shoulders before jumping back into the fight. She didn’t know how her body was keeping up anymore other than sheer willpower. Every single one of her joints ached from the strikes hse had thrown. Her body was sore and swollen from the hits she had taken, the parts of her body that had caught her after the throws. Every movement took more effort and more time to execute than should ever be possible.

She ground her teeth together as she jogged forward, aiming a kick at Yutaka’s midsection. She focused on keeping her grounded foot planted firmly in the ground so that she didn’t lose balance and topple over. Her foot made a light connection but barely moved Yutaka back at all due to the lack of force, She was going to have to keep up the onslaught if she really wanted this fight to be over soon and to be able to call herself the victor. So she planted both feet again and aimed an elbow up at the underside of Yutaka’s chin. She wasn’t trying to connect though she just wanted him to take a step back so that she could throw her weight into him and knock him to the ground.

She kneeled on his hips, her feet wrapped over his thighs to keep him pinned down. She struggled to control one of his hands while she threw the other down in punch after punch, using the downward momentum to make up for what she was lacking in strength. He blocked most of her hits but a few were still getting through and it was hard for him to focus on blocking her attacks and getting her off of him. Despite her complete and utter exhaustion she found the energy to smirk at him, briefly wondering if she looked as bruised and swollen as he did.

Just so you know I charge even more to be on top.

(146/500 Words Endurance Training)
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:33 pm

Yutaka could not believe the situation he had found himself in. Misaki wasn’t using any fancy techniques or holds, she simply had him pinned down, and there wasn’t much he could do about it other than block the incoming punches. Flashing a bloody smile and giving Misaki’s comment about being on top a weak chuckle, he spoke as he continued to block the hits.

“What’s that cost after the discount for being big, strong, and handsome?”

Having been backed into a corner, Yutaka quickly wracked his brain for an idea of how to get out of this predicament. After a few more hits to the head, he finally had a plan. Channeling the alcohol in his system, Yutaka used his bloodline ability to form a blade from the side of his hip. He used it to cut the inside of Misaki’s thigh, just above the knee. It was not enough to do any serious damage, all he wanted to do was draw a little bit of blood to surprise her and create an opening.

With his plan having worked, Yutaka used his free hand to grab Misaki by the throat and rolled to the side, reversing their positions. Utilizing his full body weight, he pinned her down with one hand around her neck and another, keeping her arm down. He wasn’t trying to choke her, he was more concerned with avoiding getting hit by another headbutt. She kept punching him with her free hand, but was only able to hit his upper arm and shoulder. After a couple of minutes spent struggling, Yutaka tried to call for peace.

“Are ya ready t’ tal-”

He was interrupted by a punch to the liver, he had not expected that Misaki still had enough energy in her to hit him that hard. With a groan, his grip loosened, and she escaped his grasp, hitting him one more time as she got back to her feet. Yutaka stumbled as he tried to stand back up. Normally, he would have cut his losses and run away before the fight had gotten this far, but for the first time in a long time, Yutaka refused to back down. Knowing that he had finally reached his limit, he bet everything on one last hit. There was no skill involved, the large man simply drew every bit of strength he had left to throw one wild, arcing punch at Misaki, praying that it landed.

(514/500 Words Endurance Training)
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:24 pm

Just when she thought she couldn’t go any further he flipped her and wrapped his hand around her neck. It was amazing the rush of adrenaline you could get, even while exhausted, once you started being choked. Even though somewhere in her mind she knew he wasn’t trying to kill her, that there was no serious pressure behind his grasp, it didn’t stop the instinct that said get him off at all costs. She tried at first to hit him hard enough in the face to get him off but he was holding her at his arm’s distance which was longer than her own. She could only get ineffective swipes to his shoulder and chest area. Which meant she had to switch tactics. She pulled her arm back as far as she could against the ground and just as it sounded like he might have something to say to her she drove her fist forward aiming right for his liver. The hit was clearly successful as his grip loosened. She took the opportunity swiftly, landing one more hit as she crawled out from beneath him.

She was so tired. Every part of her trembled and every move she made caused pain to scream through her veins. But she was not going to raise her hands in defeat. There was no way she was going to admit to this giant, stupid, over-sized horndog of a man that she couldn’t fight anymore. She would rather die. And, with the way her body was feeling she was pretty sure that it was an actual possibility. Because this was going to be it. She had one more grand attack in her and she was confident that her body was going to collapse to the ground afterwards. Hopefully, not dead. But, it was a possibility which meant she had to make sure her attack was good enough to take him out too.

It seemed he was thinking along the same lines as he stumbled towards her as well his eyes as wild as she felt. She pulled her arm back as far as she could, pulling her weight backwards first before lurching forward. She put every ounce of strength she had left when she propelled her body towards his, twisting at her hips the best she could. And threw all of her weight into that one singular punch. Praying to every god she had ever heard of that it would be the last punch she had to throw. And, for once in her life, it seemed like her prayers had been answered.

She felt the punch radiate from her fist all the way up to her shoulder. Unfortunately, having put all effort into landing her own punch she wasn’t able to avoid his at all. So at the same time her fist connected with his face, his fist hit her own. The two bodies flew apart from each other, each landing heavily on the ground.

Misaki didn’t know about Yutaka but she knew one thing.

She was not getting up again.

(652/500 Words Endurance Training)
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:33 pm

Yutaka opened his eyes and let out a groan. His head was pounding, and his whole body was sore. The last thing he could remember was the feedback of his fist hitting Misaki’s face. Looking around him, he was relieved to see that she seemed to be in as terrible of shape as him. He might not have won the fight, but from the looks of it, he didn’t lose either. It was wishful thinking, but he hoped that Misaki would start looking at him a little differently. Wincing from the pain in his leg, Yutaka stood up and took a deep breath. After taking a few steps, he leaned against a tree and closed his eyes. The silence was broken by the growling of his stomach. With a heavy sigh, he pushed off the tree and spoke.

“I’m gonna take a look around for some fruit or something. I don’t think either of us has the energy to hunt tonight. We’ll have better luck in the morning.”

After taking a brief moment to shake off the pain, he pushed himself away from the tree and started to walk away. There was a strange, wordless tension that hung between them after the fight. Neither of them were going to apologize, obviously, but would they even acknowledge that they were basically trying to kill each other just a few moments ago? Unable to help himself, Yutaka called back to Misaki as he walked away.

“Oh, and for the record, there are much more pleasurable ways to blow off steam. You know where to find me.”

He couldn’t resist teasing her. Assuming she didn’t kill him in his sleep, Yutaka had a feeling that it wouldn’t take long for them to return to their usual dynamic. Wincing from the pain that accompanied his laughter, Yutaka left to find something for them to eat. They needed something to tide them over until they could hunt for some actual food. Plus, he needed to step away for a bit before Misaki started punching again.
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Please stop talking,” Misaki called back at Yutaka as he walked away, unsure if he could even hear her. Even talking hurt, let alone the pain she felt as she rolled over onto her side and pushed herself up. Her only thought was finding water as she wobbled to her feet. She was pretty sure she had seen a small stream on her way to the area so she headed in that direction, away from Yutaka. She had been in a lot of fights in her life but nothing quite like that. If he had been a lot weaker she wasn’t sure that she wouldn’t have killed him either on accident or on purpose.

She was over the reason for the fight though, it would be silly to hold a grudge after such a fight. Now it was just on her to hide their money better if he couldn’t control himself. Even through her slightly swollen eyes Misaki noticed the undergrowth becoming thicker and more lush, the trees growing further apart. It was only a moment later that the sound of trickling water reached her ears. Bubbles blew out of her nose rapidly as she wasted no time shoving her face into the cold water, shocking herself into full consciousness. Red tinged water drifted downstream as she scrubbed at her face and hands. Her clothes could be washed later, there was no way she could scrub them clean now.

The icy water chilled her from the inside out as she drank slowly, feeling better with each sip that passed her lips. Since he was getting the snacks she decided the least she could do was bring him back some water. Luckily, she had thought to grab her pack before trudging all the way out here. Two full canteens weighed her down on her trek back to the clearing but it was a short trip. Yutaka appeared a short while after she got back, a small fire already built in the center of the clearing.

Misaki was lying on her side by the fire, massaging her shoulders. She glanced up when she heard Yutaka coming, confirming that it was him. One look at him had her chuckling, shaking her head.

Well don’t you look as bad as I feel. We shoulda fought in town. Would’ve made a killing off ticket sales.
Last edited by Amy on Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My CharactersShow

ThatGuy

The Price of Friendship

Post by ThatGuy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:16 pm

Yutaka was by no means a survivalist, but he’d be traveling the area for long enough to tell which berries were good to eat and which should be avoided at all costs. He’d fashioned some cloth into a makeshift bag and filled it with plenty of berries. It was not much of a meal, but they’d be more than enough to tide them both over until the morning. Stumbling back to the area in which they held their bout, Yutaka was happy to see that she had already made a fire. When she joked about selling tickets, he let out a hearty laugh.

"It might've been a tough sell seein’ as you’re a woman half my size, but I’d love to see the look on their face after you rocked me with that first hook. Forgive me, though, I’m not eager to be doin’ that again anytime soon. Not sober, at least.”

Without asking if one of the canteens was his, he grabbed one and took a large swig. As much as he didn’t want to admit it, at that moment, the water tasted better than even the highest-quality sake. It was invigorating, enough to make him no longer feel like a walking corpse. Thankfully, he didn’t seem to be seriously injured, but it would take him at least a few days before he felt like himself again. Opening up the bag of berries, Yutaka took a handful for himself before handing the rest over to Misaki. Inside the bag, not only would she find the food, but also a bundle of ryo.

“After ya made a fool out o’ the security, I strong-armed the owner into givin’ me half the money back. I figured I’d wait until ya were too tired to hit me again to return it.”
CharactersShow

Amy

The Price of Friendship

Post by Amy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:08 pm

Misaki chuckled, tossing the bag of ryo in the air a few times before dropping it on the ground between them. She could make some small concessions also. He had no reason to give her that money back other than maybe realizing she had a point about him stealing from her. If they were going to be a team they had to at least be able to trust each other. And she couldn’t rightfully keep pretending that that was only a one way street. Leaving the money between them she took a bunch of the berries, nestling them in her shirt, before tossing the rest back at Yutaka.

I’d say you shoulda just told me but I don’t think I’d have heard you,” Misaki had never been one to be ashamed of her behavior. She decided in the moment how to act. Feeling embarrassed about it later didn’t do anyone any good. Maybe she would choose to behave differently next time, maybe not. Only time would tell. For now, she was too tired to do much of anything other than eat the sweet berries and drink some cold water. Tomorrow they would need real food and to either make their way back to town or start another trip and find a new one.

Whatever the plan was, it could be handled in the morning. Slowly, her eyes closed, several berries still trapped in her shirt. The pouch of ryo had mysteriously disappeared though, nowhere to be seen in the immediate area. Trust was a slow process, after all.
My CharactersShow

Return to “Tea Country”