[Graded]Iron Mountains

HotelBravo

[Graded]Iron Mountains

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:16 pm

Frost Breath. A small fog rose into the air and then another. It was timed with the rhythm of his breathing, as the C rank samurai found himself as close to the body of Rock Country as he dared. The border between the Iron and the Rock. It was cold here just as it was cold else where in Iron, and with each breath of Mitsuhide’s a small puff of condensation was blown gently into the air and traced the wind as it was blown into oblivion. It was an important task, albeit a boring one. He crouched down and examined the terrain. This wasn’t any sort of trade route the lead into the land of Iron, but it was a likely spot to check for potential trespassers.

The Shinobi of the other lands were without honor, and in Mitsuhide’s eyes that meant that they plainly couldn’t be trusted. That made this duty even more important. After all - strong borders make polite neighbors. Neighbors weren't the only concern though. Traffic of illicit goods and materials was also a problem that the Samurai needed to beware of, especially if it meant that it was moving through their country.

A gloved hand run through the snow. Powdery here. Packed ice beneath. It hadn’t been disturbed outside of his own trespass. Fortunately it didn’t seem like there was anyone crossing without permission. This time at least, but when Shinobi and bandits were your opponents you could never be too careful.

It was time to make a report. Yet, he lingered here longer on the mountain. He breathed in deep of the cold mountain air and felt the frosted wind kiss his face. The Tranquility of the mountains. The Quiet Power that they contained within them really inspired him. Yes, to be one with the spirit and tranquility of the mountains.

His thoughts considered how this could be applied as he returned from his patrol and made his way back to the nearest guard post so his findings could be radioed back to the Fortress. Then afterward he could practice his swordsmanship a littlebit.

Training 350/1350 *[Iaido • One with the Spirit]
Last edited by Valkier on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as graded

Ace Trainer

Iron Mountains

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:44 pm

It had been only a few days since Shio had spent his time out in country, ravaging and terraforming the terrain to better suit the needs of Iron Country's samurai. He The very edges had been left as they were, so Shio had been sure to have patrols still scouting the borders and addressing anything that might have cropped up as a consequence of his work. He hadn't intended on staying in Seikoujo for more than the day, but he'd found he enjoyed the slightly quieter nature of the small Seikoujo in comparison to the large and ever-busy Sanrou.

Today, he wandered out on patrol in lieu of one of the guards, something his entourage didn't see the value in. But for Shio, understanding what each samurai was doing was insightful for him. So, imagine his surprise when his eyes landed on Mitsuhide, out this close to the border.

"Oi.", he called out, "Out by yourself?", he asked. Shio was a few inches smaller than him, and significantly smaller build as well. He'd found oftentimes people were slow to recognize him as the Taishou. He was equip with a sword, not something he usually had. He would unsheath it, holding it outwards at the older Mitsuhide, it seems the man was training.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

HotelBravo

Iron Mountains

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:51 pm

The Taisho was known to be young. That much had even spread among the ranks of the Samurai. The strength and speed of the young Taisho however was something that wasn’t, that couldn’t be doubted after words of his exploits occasionally made it down to the rank and file as Mitsuhide had been. So when he spied a young man, roughly matching the description of the Taicho he was surprised to see him. The knowledge that the Taisho often traveled about in more casual wear was something he had heard as well, but it still didn’t make the appearance this close to the border any less shocking. There were still mysteries about the young Taicho, and as such for Mitsuhide who was out alone as the young man keenly assessed would need to make sure that this was the same Young Man that was the Taisho, and not one of the child soldiers known to be used by the Shinobi purporting to be him.

“This one prays that you will forgive his rudeness, however I must verify your identity.” Mitsuhide gave a bow, polite, but perhaps not deep enough for a superior. At least not until he could confirm. “Shinobi are skilled with the art of transforming or so this one has heard. For the sake of both of our safety, please recite the passphrase for today.” Mitsuhide’s manner continued to be as polite as he could be given the situation and that he was in. His Left hand casually rested on the hilt of his own Katana as Shio had drawn his own.

Mitsuhide was decently confident in his fast draw skills and thought that if things came to trouble he would be able to rely on that speed, as he had in times past. He waited patiently for the answer to his question, but otherwise made no hostile moves as he continued to gauge and assess if this was truly the Taisho of the Iron Country out on the patrol route of all places.

Ace Trainer

Iron Mountains

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:08 pm

Shio smirked at the request. Even a year ago, he likely would have been annoyed by the demand from a samurai for the Taishou to confirm his identity. He'd have insulted Mitsuhide and maybe even attacked him to really show how deep of a situation he was in. His time in Iron had, surprisingly enough, softened him, and he couldn't help but respect Mitsuhide's dedication to his duty. "You know, there's two possibilities. I am the Taishou, in which case presenting a passphrase is a waste of my time just as much as it is yours....or I'm an enemy, and since I know my own skillset, I can say that if I was your enemy, you'd be dead before you could establish that I wasn't in fact the Taishou.", he rebutted. He would laugh, though, and shake his head, "Today's is....Until laid to rest, the rooster crows at dawn each day.", he recited.

"You're right though. We shinobi are quite skilled at transformations. Have you never seen Henge no Jutsu in person?", Shio asked? He would crouch down, sitting on the large rock he was on and letting his legs hang off to the side, his sword still in his hand. Mitsuhide was older than Shio, if he had to guess Shio would place him in his early 20s. Many samurai had faced off a number of times against shinobi by that age. Perhaps Mitsuhide just had never been given the opportunity, maybe he had other responsibilities in battle? Even after the last 4 years he'd spent ruling Iron, Shio was willing to admit there were some things about their battle strategies he was still trying to get an understanding of. Their tactics were complex and intricate, and everyone had roles to fill that were not always combat oriented. They were masters at the art of warfare though, he'd assuredly learned that much.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

HotelBravo

Iron Mountains

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:30 pm

Mitsuhide reflected the smile on the young Taishou. The boy still had his blade out but made no move to attack as he commented on the possibilities. He was of course right on those counts. He nodded in concession of the two points. ”It is as you say Taishou, and I believe one other possibility as well, at least, although I do not mean to correct you.” As he spoke, he gave a bow to the boy Taishou of the Iron Country, and was not in the least degree ashamed to be bowing to one many years his junior. He found Shio moving to a large rock and making it as if it were a throne, although his feet dangled in the air.

”I am only aware of it. As I understand it, Shinobi train from a young age. I joined the guardsman after I was sixteen. I suppose you could say that I only began training 9 years ago, however I truly only began learning more about the matters of Qi, or perhaps I should say ‘Chakra’ more recently. Perhaps if I had started at an even younger age I would have been more skillful by now.”

What kind of life must this young man have lived to make him so strong so quickly. Mitsuhide still felt bad for the previous Taishou, as did many among the Samurai. He also knew that the current boy Taishou only maintained power here through his strength and he expected would find few true friends here, though this only made him feel compassion for the young man rather than the resentment one might have towards a despot.

”To answer your question from earlier, yes, I am out by myself. I am fairly decent with the terrain since I was a hunter before joining the Samurai. At least the terrain that hadn’t changed yet.” How powerful indeed did this boy have to be? Still it wasn’t all bad. Many of the changes had been positive. He knew the farmers were having an easier time with the softer soil at least. As long as the farmers were happy he didn’t doubt that Mistaki-Taishou would keep control of the lands of Iron. ”I didn’t see any signs of trespassing - that or they were better at hiding their tracks then I was at finding them. I can confidently say no Rock Country Bandits at least were passing this way.”

Mitsuhide paused, Shio’s sword was still drawn.

”Were you perhaps hoping for some sport Taishou? My skill pales in comparison to the Sword Master you slew when you arrived, but if you were offering guidance I would be happy to accept your criticism.”

Ace Trainer

Iron Mountains

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:43 pm

Shio smirked at the response, he reckoned the notion of another possiblity was the Mitsuhide could hold off the Taishou. Unlikely, but in these fantasy scenarios...perhaps. He listened closely as the young man explained his background. Joining at 16, yes this was when many samurai did. There were a select few that trained from very young ages - much like the shinobi - but they were rare indeed and many of them made up his upper ranks and personal entourage. "Its funny you say that. 9 years ago I was just starting my own trainin at 5 years old. You joined the guardsmen at sixteen, I joined the shinobi academy at six.", he said almost whimsically. "Yes, we certainly do train from a young age.".

He thought back to it. The days of silence back in the academy. Before he was allowed to speak. When he was in what he now recognized as a cult. Being touted about by his family and their followers. How long ago that felt. And yet, all of it is why he was able to be here now. Surely the power they saw in him was an echo of the power he actually achieved.

"Its doubtful. I expect if you haven't found any, there are none to be found, or you've scared them away.", he laughed. "No no, no need to spar today. Unless you'd really like to. I don't often carry a weapon this large, though, so its nice to feel it in my grip. To be honest, despite being the Taishou, I don't necessarily favor the sword. I suppose by merit of raw power I'd likely still be a challenge for you, the people of Iron respect strength in the many forms it takes, not just through kenjutsu, so I'm fortunate to hold the seat by merit of my other...talents.", he mused.

Waving the sword about, "Have you enjoyed learning about chakra?", he asked.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

HotelBravo

Iron Mountains

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:26 pm

”That is certainly impressive” the samurai commented at the young age that the training began. It actually was relatively close to the same time, but Mitsuhide didn’t doubt that Shinobi training methods were kept secret from outsiders and a tough lifestyle had brought about the skill and needed strength. The whimsical tone of the boy made him seem his age… no, younger - but given he was a shinobi it was hard to tell if he meant that or not. The Rumors surrounding the young Iron Taishou had certainly described him as unorthodox, and Mitsuhide was beginning to see that they were of course true. Though not all of the rumors were true. There were still yet some that were unconfirmed, and a few more that seemed fanciful upon meeting the young man.

”It makes my job easier at least if there is no one to hunt today.” He gave a conspiratorial grin with the Taishou. Mitsuhide found his own rock to lean against so that he could face the young Taishou and take some of the weight off of his feet. Mitsuhide did find his comments on the sword and his weapons agreeable as well - the sword did have a somber yet comforting weight to it. To a Samurai it reminded them of the land they fought for as not many shinobi employed such a weapon. The second point - the body was as much a weapon as the sword, and in this degree the shinobi were certainly superior, as they always used all tools at their disposal. Mitsuhide inclined his head in agreement.

The topic moved to chakra and the Samurai thought for a moment, watching his breath turn to frost and dance in the air. ”Qi, Chakra, whatever you will call it. It is certainly useful. I picked up a few basic jutsu that allow one to climb up the side of things or to move across water. I found myself particularly interested in the study of ‘genjutsu’. I ended up becoming the Samurai expert on the topic - although I admit I have just begun to understand the basics there. What I’ve learned about illusions is certainly intimidating, but no less so than jutsu capable of changing the terrain I should think. I have a few ideas for coming up with Illusions of my own - but I think I’ll need to improve my control somewhat first.”

Ace Trainer

Iron Mountains

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:51 pm

Shio smirked at the comment from Mitsuhide, that he was the samurai expert on genjutsu. Shio had no doubt that within the circles Mitsuhide was in, he might have been the most knowledgeable on genjutsu, but if there was an expert on genjutsu in Iron, well...it was the Taishou. "Its funny you should say that.", he felt his chakra well up in himself for a moment, considering if he should thrust this samurai into a genjutsu to show him how much he had to learn. It was sadistic to a degree, and Shio would quell the urge, simply shaking his head, "Not to undermine your accomplishments in your training, but I'm widely considered one of the most formidable genjutsu users in the world, let alone in this country.", he said with a soft chuckle, "Though, I suppose that is good news for you if you're wanting to master the art.", he mused.

The notion of having to improve his control was a good observation, and Shio would nod, waving the sword in the air for a moment, "If the sword is a weapon that is an extension and refining of your physical strength, genjutsu are weapons that are an extension and refining of your mental strength.", he'd lift the sword and hold it straight out at Mitsuhide, "Just as much as you train in controlling and manipulating the sword, you have to do the same with your mind.", he'd tap the side of his head with his free hand while lowering the blade.

"The use of genjutsu is a mental battle, your own mental fortitude against your target's. You must be sharp, deft, and able to push against the deep reaches of their brain so that your influence takes seed.", he paused, letting those words hang between them for a moment while he looked at Mitsuhide.

"If you're interested in genjutsu, or at least if you're talented in it, I should have you assigned to special operations.", he said. It was a statement, but also sort of a question, was Mitsuhide open to that?
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

HotelBravo

Iron Mountains

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:58 pm

The samurai listened to the younger Taishou’s open statement of his master of genjutsu. He certainly wasn’t surprised in the least given that genjutsu was a ninja art more than a samurai one. Was the Taishou perhaps offering to teach him some pointers? That would be really helpful to have someone he knew the art rather than having to research information out of scrolls. He made sure to take in the Taishou’s words - junior in years or not this is the young man that defeated the prior Taishou, his skills should only be doubted if one were making a serious blunder.

”Thank you for the directions. I truly see now that you are going to change the land of Iron Forever.” Mitsuhide observed. ”I may be one of the first Samurai to begin learning such techniques but I expect there will be others one day soon.” He looked to the horizon, towards the nearby Rock Country, knowing very well what strengths and dangers lay there and what master of chakra on a wide scale for Samurai could mean for the land of Iron. Mitsaki Shio was going to change the land of Iron forever, and the prospect while it did intimidate him somewhat also excited Mitsuhide.

There was something about a real future for the land of Iron that finally felt like it could be in their grasp. A Leader that could finally contend with the Shinobi so that the Samurai no longer had to hide in the mountains afraid of the giants in the playground. The idea of one day standing with back straight eyes unbowed towards the shinobi nations was a dream so fanciful…he hadn’t dared to dream it but only recently when he felt the changes rocking the country.

”I would be honored to be on Special Operations, and though it may be presumptuous of myself, I would also be honored if you would continue to share your knowledge of Genjutsu with me. Currently most of the study material are low level texts that we have obtained from other countries. I think with a real teacher I could start making some real progress in the field.”

”Though it is yet still meager, my sword, honor, and skills are at your disposal.”

Ace Trainer

Iron Mountains

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:48 pm

Shio smirked, pushing off the side of the rock he was sitting on and standing up straight, sliding the sword into the sheath hanging off his side. "The Land of Iron has long stood as one of the mightiest countries in the world, and the strongest non-shinobi nation ever. I hope the changes I bring only further cement our historical greatness.", he said, seemingly confirming Mitsuhide's statement. Yes, Shio had big plans for Iron Country, but at it's core, it would remain the great nation it always was. Shio would not change the very things that made it so mighty.

The second statement though, Shio would shake his head, "You are certainly among the first, and there will be others to follow you. But, it will not happen in the ranks you are in now. As I said, I'll have you moved to special operations then. In which case you'll be permanently re-assigned here, to Seikoujo. Most of the samurai assigned at the level you are are not aware of this, but Seikoujo is more than just training grounds. There will be a hidden village underneath it, Kemurigakure. It will be our special operations headquarters where selected samurai, like yourself, will be trained in both the classic samurai arts as well as shinobi arts."

He nodded to Mitsuhide, "The Special Operations Unit out of Kemurigakure will be specifically tasked s a covert and special operations units, meant primarily to counteract shinobi activities that standard samurai units may not be as well suited for. I will be personally providing guidance for the units assigned for genjutsu, so your request will certainly be granted.", he'd begin walking, "Welcome to Kemurigakure, Mitsuhide.", he'd look over his shoulder, looking Mitsuhide in the eyes from the side of his round glasses. With a wide smirk on his face, the Taishou would leap into the air, vanishing with an impressive speed.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold