A Welcoming Army

Trusted Grader

A Welcoming Army

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:57 am

Chie nervously sat by the edge of her seat, her window revealed the large training center that splayed out in the Bashita Garden, she had called upon anyone willing to join to come and meet them here, this was obviously after they had been screened by the legionnaires, hidden spies the ninjas at the city gates. Most of them would probably get a green light from Enzaragi, but one.

The one that made her nervous, for this one, was supposed to be off the list, but she knew that now that Chikara had been captured things might not go their way, that he might die and weaken the army. Chie looked away, she knew that if they killed her love then she would do whatever it took to make them pay. Meanwhile, up in the sky, there was a bird, or was it an angel? Was it an omen or was it positive news?

The city sprawled out beneath the clouds, the angel of death had arrived. So this is where you have been hiding? Nehan grinned, her wings kept her in the air as she contemplated how best to tackle the situation, was Enzaragi still mad at her? Or had bygones become bygones during the years they were apart? Nehan shook her head as she crumpled the flyer, due to her insane strength the flyer didn't even turn to dust, it just ceased to exist.

Nehan swooped down as her mind was busy surveying the city, her hyper-awareness was kicked into overdrive as she was able to pick up everyone and everything that moved within 200 meters of her, each step, chatter, and movement was picked up by all of her senses. Soon people looked up to the angel that flew past them, she cleared the wall before the army could raise their bows and arrows and landed dead center in Bashita garden.

315/300

[Ultra Instinct]
S-Rank Discipline Tentaijutsu
Nehan has mastered the art of being hyper-aware of her surroundings, she can catch any slight change in the atmosphere, any twitch of the muscle, and even the intent a person can have, it also allows the user to see through any stance that could alter her capacity to inflict damage. This technique allows her to react to any changes as long as their speed doesn't exceed +5. While this jutsu is active Nehan is able to fight targets without the use of mind and nearly act on pure instinct if she so chooses. This jutsu lasts for as long as the user has Endurance.

"Nice place you got here!" Nehan looked around and grinned, her arms were spread wide and her demeanor was relaxed. it wouldn't take long before she would be surrounded by legionnaires who all pointed their spears at her neck. "Whoa, whoa, what's with the hostility man, I was called here to try out for some army my ol' student runs." Nehan grinned.

"You haven't seen Eriasu around?" The legionnaires stared at each other first then back at Nehan, confused as to who this man would be. "Enzaragi is the Tsukikage of this village, and I called her here to recruit you to this organization. " Chie kept the part where they went to a meeting private for now as she wasn't entirely certain that Nehan was on Enzaragi's side or not, this was all a gamble.

"Fine, point me to what I need to do and I'll get on it." Nehan moved through the army as they backed away from her. Which was good as she wanted to try something out, she wanted to see if she could get a bunch of enemies that were standing around her to trip via her insane strength, she knew that she couldn't go all out as she didn't want to destroy "Enzaragi's" new place without meeting him first, so she focused on withholding.

Nehan lightly tapped with her heel and caused a minor quake that reached 30 meters in all directions, causing anyone with too low Strength to fall to the ground, the vision of seeing a small armed force fall in one swoop caused the wicked witch to laugh out loud. She was pleasantly surprised to see some soldiers still stand strong, showing that this army did indeed have potential.

Not bad Eriasu, not bad at all. Nehan chuckled as she took a battle stance, she was going to use it, she needed to train how to fight with the new experiment if she ever hoped to one day master it. The first order of business was to inspect who had suffered what during the crack, she needed to know how effective the after affects were for when she used it for real then it had to work flawlessly. Let's see here, the ground cracked a bit but should still be useful with other earthquake techniques. I should probably create combination techniques. But not here.

"Alright who's up to prove that they are worthy of being called a soldier?" Nehan looked at Chie and winked.

412/400

[Tap]
C-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Nehan lightly taps her heel on the ground and causes a minor quake to take shape, this shake will cause anyone within 30 meters in any direction to feel the effect. Anyone with 10 Strength less than Nehan will fall to the ground, hairline fractures will occur on those with 15 strength less while bones break at 20 strength difference.

Nehan leaned forward as she began to laugh. "Do not run, face your fear and I promise you, you will live." Nehan widened her hands as she grinned maniacally, she spotted how the army was slowly rising back to their feet, arms in hand ready to fight the wicked witch. They are brave too, that's even better. Nehan continued to laugh as she began to peer over at the sky. "Jashin-Sama, don't let them disappoint me!"

Chie had been busy speaking with the other recruits during Nehan's training, giving the recruits a short rundown on what they had to do and how they could go about it. "This is a speedy recruit, so we are here to see what you are capable of, once you have shown off a little, as our friend over there for example, I will announce to you if you made it through the process or not. If there are no further questions then I suggest you pick a corner here in Bashita Garden and proceed with your initiation." Chie stepped to the side and let them pass, she kept the strongest part of her army to deal with them if things got bad and she hoped that Nehan would respect Enzaragi enough to not let some stranger destroy his home before they met.

Nehan continued to laugh as she channeled chakra through her body, she tanked the three first spears before she began to grow in height, a red veiny and slithering substance coveted her body, only revealing cold white eyes and sharp monstrous teeth. The beast roared as multiple tentacles grew from her back, they shape-shifted into a spear, axe, and sword.

Her tentacles almost moved on their own as they proceeded to protect Nehan, she rushed through their defenses and crashed into the small battalion that was sent to contain her, maniacally the witch continued to decimate their army, but she made sure not to kill anyone, but never promised not to hurt them. "Pain makes us all grow!" The beast growled, it ran on all fours as the tentacles kept whipping at the army.

This thing is a bit hard to control, it consumes my endurance, and seem to be hungry all the time... I don't think eating one of their soldiers would do me any good either. Heh, even though they would be pretty tasty. Nehan chuckled as she continued her onslaught.

401/400

[Matanza]
C-Rank Nintaijutsu
Nehan has the ability to activate Matanza and allow the symbiote to cover her body to protect her body [Endurance], extend her reach up to [Control], and strike at the strength of [Control], the symbiote consumes Endurance rather than chakra as it needs life force to move and only needs to use chakra to activate it and keep it up. Their bond can last as long as Nehan [Endurance] but will go back to recovery if the symbiote is busted through.

Nehan stopped moving as she felt something happen to her back, she roared loudly, scaring anyone who wasn't prepared, in fact, Chie was wondering if it truly was such a good idea to bring her here now that she noticed what was going on. Shiryoku was airborne and inspected everything, he spotted how three more tentacles burst out of Nehan's back, and she was quick to return to laughter as she realized what had just happened.

"Jashin-Sama, thank you for making me stronger!!" The beast shouted, Brawl the giant dwarf pulled Chie to the sides as he wanted to make sure that if anything happened then he would at least be able to block the strike. The other recruits were shocked to see what was going on, some attempted to join the military in fighting Nehan while others continued with their own recruitment.

Chie felt her heart beat out of her chest as she saw how Nehan was slicing and deflecting any strike that came her way, she was truly a monster. Nehan truly was, her hunger was starting to get to her, she wanted to consume but had to fight the urges and keep a level head. Don't kill! Nehan was contradicting herself, she was a leader of a death cult yet here she was "proving" that she was a capable fighter and not killing.

If Kenji had seen her now then he would've been proud, in fact, she kind of thought Matanza was the remains of Kenji, as it certainly came from his remains. The tentacle had wiggled over to Nehan and attempted to clamber into her heart, their struggle caused the tentacle to merge with Nehan and create this new symbiote. Kenji was a man of many mysteries and it wouldn't cross her mind that he had contingency plans upon contingency plans.

Nehan chuckled as she reeled back a little, stopping her onslaught, and took a look around, she could see that she had already knocked down hundreds of soldiers. I thought I would've taken down more... Impressive. Nehan clapped her hands as she began to walk toward the center of her battleground. She spotted two ninjas who appeared to be forming a set of identical hand seals, which meant that something fun was around the corner.

Her tentacles flared up as she roared, the three new tentacles turned into clubs, she didn't need to focus on killing them anyway, so bludgeoning them a little would be fine. The stabbed one allows their doctors to train as well, she told herself.

424/400

[Rainbow Six]
B-Rank Stance Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Matanza
Nehan can control up to six tentacles that sprout from her back, they can extend her reach up to [Control], and strike at the strength of [Control]. These tentacles can shapeshift to any desirable weapon that is not ranged, though these tentacles can be combined with another jutsu to allow such a thing. Their bond can last as long as Nehan [Endurance].

Nehan fell down on all four and began to channel chakra throughout her body, the beast roared once again as she spotted the duo summon two rhinos that rushed her. Nehan knew that if she hit them head-on then she would create a massive shake that could spell doom for this small village, for she had no stop when it came to her reflexes, but this was different from the puny spears and swords.

These were giant rhinos with battle armor and a gigantic horn that could skewer her, well, not when she had Matanza but still, her body went into overdrive as she changed stance in order to prepare herself for the incoming crash, that was until she realized that she could use Tenkujutsu to stop them dead on their tracks. I have to thank Kenji for that one, see, your lessons did pay out in the end. Nehan chuckled as her body began to glow fiercer.

Kicking up a small storm that scattered nearby dust, her eyes locked on the rhino while her tentacles changed shapes to spears. "This is going to be so much fun, don't stop!" Nehan watched as the duo continued forming hand seals. Oh, I guess they aren't done yet huh? Her first two sets of spears pierced the incoming Rhino, she pushed him into the other and caused them to crash.

Her tentacles were quick to pierce both of them now that Shizemeru had covered her exterior, making short work of the summons, she laughed maniacally as they puffed into thin air. "Alright, what's next? Show me what you got!" Nehan turned around and spotted two massive eagles fly towards her, causing her to sprout her wings and then leap into the air.

They battled in the air, swiftly flying at each other, the eagles using wind jutsu while Nehan tried to swipe at them, their superior speed afforded them the ability to stay alive for a while, that was until one of them swiped at Nehan, which she allowed in order to wrap her tentacles around it and steer it to the other as she clasped onto the second eagle and tore it to shreds.

She fell towards the battleground, canceled her wings, and performed a flip before she landed. "That was fun, what's next?" The beast grinned as she leaned backward. Once she spotted five men dressed in armoury that was designed for speed she got down on all four and prepared herself for some fun.

415/400

Shizumeru • [Coated and Goated]
B-rank Tenkujutsu
After channeling or performing the necessary hand seals Nehan will coat her body in Shizumeru chakra and coat anything she is wearing, including Matanza, she will visibly flare up with Maroon chakra that allows her to harm/hold the Spirit/Jinch/Summon/Nth wielder in place at the strength of the users [Control]. This jutsu lasts for 5 posts.

Nehan let her elongated tongue hang out as she licked the air around her mouth as she stared the warriors down, she knew that they were either going to be a nuisance or a walk in the park, she watched how they vanished from her field of view, rushing around her at a blinding speed that quite frankly impressed her. E has really trained them up well, I wonder how far he has come if this is what he can produce. Nehan grinned, she was still as a crocodile ready to strike.

Nehan couldn't help but wonder if there perhaps could be a smoother way for her to fight these speedsters, that perhaps she could find a way to counter them by allowing them to believe that they could strike without consequences, or if she attack them head on and meet them at their own game, Yeah, that would be fun, Nehan is no longer the slowest of the bunch. The beast laughed as her claws gripped the dirt, her eyes began to pump faster, and her adrenaline was getting her pumped. her eyes fed the visual data that she missed before she got excited, which in turn got her even more excited.

Oooh there you are! Nehan laughed as she sent two tentacles to grapple one of the runners, she pinned him down and then smashed him into another as the remaining four pushed her off the ground and into the air where she would have the visual advantage. She didn't sprout her wings as she felt that it was unnecessary, in fact, she just wanted to gain some height to scare the foes below, a chuckle escaped her breath before a cry followed.

She cackled as she trapped the remaining runners, gathering them all in front of her. Their heads being this close to her maw wasn't good, she could feel her stomach churning, she wanted to eat, she needed to consume. All the while she was struggling with her thoughts, Matanza unconsciously pulled them closer to his opening mouth. NO!! Fight against it! Nehan tossed the soldiers at their comrades as she grappled her head, Matanza screamed as he began to pull himself away from Nehan, or was it that Nehan was fighting back and the beast did its best to take control of the witch? It was impossible to tell from the outside, precaution took over her side of the training field as the soldiers had no idea what they should expect, this monster was unpredictable.

420/400

[Speedster]
C-Rank Stance Taijutsu
A simple stance that trades Nehan's -5 Will for +5 Speed, this technique lasts for as long as the user is willing to use this stance.

Nehan burst out of Matanza as it lost the battle of control and instead chose to slider back inside Nehan as her Angel Trigger was far too strong for it to handle, she canceled it before she cracked her neck and apologized. "Sorry, didn't mean to freak you guys out. I got it under control, if anyone needs medical attention I can assist." The wicked witch raised her hand and chuckled as she tried her best to stay composed, she knew that if she let it get to her head then she would spend the rest of the time healing people instead of showing Crescent Coalition what they stood for.

Kemuri displayed actions that drew her attention, his bugs brought her back to the creepy clan from Konohagakure no Sato, a place she loathed, especially after Takeo chased her away, if only she had met Yoru instead, maybe things would've been different, perhaps things would've been different, perhaps she would've been standing on the other side of the offense. Nehan shook her head as she didn't like to spend too much time thinking, no, she was a woman of action, no matter the consequences.

The wicked witch laughed as she stopped to spot the two summoners finish another set of hand seals, it seemed that they were the only ones who weren't terrified by Nehan, no, they instead chose to cast double armor on a burly man who bum-rushed Nehan. Luckily she was fast enough to react, she reached for her scythe and slammed the hammerhead onto his magical armor, normally this attack would be defended with no problem, especially if her strike was weaker than the armor, but due to her mastery of heavenly body control, she was able to "Rock the Bell" so to speak.

Meaning that the hit shook the mana armor and caused the wearer to experience intense inertia, fortunately, Nehan pulled back a lot but it was still strong enough to knock the poor sap out clean. Another grin befell the witch as she peered around. "If no one else steps forward then I assume I am in right?"

In the distance Wakana was inspecting the training grounds, acting as backup if the wicked witch acted up, fortunately, it didn't happen, which meant that as of now she could at least have some good news to share, especially with Enzaragi if he returns.

395/300

Ring the Bell
A-Rank Maneuvre Tentaijutsu
Prerequisite: Blunt weapon
Having fought plenty of magic armor users throughout her time, The Wicked Witch of the East has learned how to best deal with these types of situations, by mastering the art of vibrations she has created a jutsu that shakes their armor violently once their blunt weapon has struck the target, causing them to bounce around within the armor even though it protected them against brunt force. If the armor is skin tight then the target still suffers inertia damage, anyone 10 below in Endurance vs users Strength will suffer hairline fractures, -15 ruptured organs, and at -20 broken bones.

Nehan took a look around the battlefield and inspected the damage she had caused with Matanza and was quick to begin healing anyone who was in dire need of attention, she first focused on those who needed help the most. Two of the warriors were touching death's door which required her to put all her attention on healing them back to the point where they wouldn't give her shit for killing one of the men. Guess I went a bit too hard, well, well, that goes to show that there are still some holes in this army, especially if they are to take on a larger army, let's hope that day never comes. As far as I know, this country seems to be striving and there's potential for growth, especially if they keep their word.

The Wicked Witch managed to stabilize one of the patients before she immediately rushed to the other critically damaged soldiers, she poured all her heart into trying to save him but noticed pretty quickly how he was starting to slip from her grasp. His soul is giving in. Nehan wasn't someone who could control whether they should give in or not, that was up to Jashin. A sigh rolled off her breath as she looked over to the rushing medics. "I need a recently deceased body, preferably one without rot! Nehan continued to heal the wounded fellow but she knew deep within her heart that if she didn't prep the following jutsu then chances were that she might not be recruited, she was going to do the next best thing and that was to preserve him.

Nehan kept him alive for as long as possible, she watched the medics arrive with a relatively fresh corpse, she formed a set of hand seals and then touched his blood before she smeared it on the corpse's forehead, drew a Jashin line on the ground before she channeled chakra into the corpse, once the man died she began to transfer him over to the other body in hopes to give him an opportunity to continue existing. For the love of Jashin, please work. Nehan held her pendant to her head, her eyes were closed as she continued to pour chakra into the deceased men.

Seconds later she would hear someone cough and the cheers of the men, once she opened her eyes she spotted that the previously dying man had turned to dust while the corpse had now taken on all properties of the dying man, except for one ability slot.

423/400

By The Grace of Jashin
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 50 Control, DNA and a Corpse.
One of the sacred forbidden jutsu belonging to the Jashinist cult is the power to bring life back to someone who had recently perished, by acquiring DNA and being in procession of a corpse, the user is able to transfer the essence of the dead onto a new host. The user begins by gathering intel required material and then forming a Jashin seal on the ground, once the ritual starts the user begins to pray and pour chakra into both bodies and merge the two into one, once the merging process is complete the previous body will vanish while the new Host body takes on the properties of the resurrected. They will carry the memories of the resurrected and appearance but comes at the cost of losing one [Ability] slot.
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

A Welcoming Army

Post by Zao » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:06 pm

D-Ranked Jutsu 1400
C-Ranked Jutsu 1800
B-Ranked Jutsu 2200
A-Ranked Jutsu 2600
S-Ranked Jutsu 3000

163 (me) + 250 (Nehan) /2 = 207
15x 207 = 3105 word discount

Primary Affinity: Swarms = -100 base word count

"I suppose that it is time to step into the light..." Another would arrive shortly after the events that caused a ruckus at the initial entry point to the Gardens, he'd been standing in the background watching the actions of the renown missing-nin as he didn't feel foolish enough to get tangled up with her at this point. But he was there for his own reasons, for too long had the Aburame concealed himself in the shadows of the organization that had built up Cresent, with war looming on the horizon across multiple battlefronts it was indeed the time for him to expose himself to begin building his reputation amongst those of the coalition, Perhaps in time after his foolish friends went off and got themselves killed would he slid into power and command the country and its growing army. But who really knew what the future held, and this was a chance to show off the power of his swarms now as he lit a long cigarette, taking a slow drag from it allowing for the smoke to filter through his lungs and then back out of his nose with the following exhale of air. "She sure like to make a statement, I guess." Kemuri couldn't help but comment aloud to himself about the methods of Nehan as he studied her briefly but knew there was nothing for him to deal with in regards to the missing-nin, at least at this point as he prepared himself to walk forward as some of the initial soldiers were still recovering from the earthquake like attack that the other fighter had surprised them with, Kemuri took note of the impossible strength that monster must have and simply stuffed his hands into the pockets of the worn leather jacket. Moments later the scarred face man also would approach the entrance, which was once again blocked at the order of Chi however the older man wasn't quite the showboat that the female before him had been and simply displayed a scroll that had been hand delivered to him that showed his qualifications to at least reach this point without needing to shed blood, not matter how much the man would have preferred it that was it would have been a drag in his time to do so while he could just skip to the front of the line now. Inside his body the man was still familiarizing himself with what was now his true body, the soul beetle that was clinging to his heart and what now rendered his current body a mere shell that could be discarded as needed to fulfill his purposes and future goals.

Trained 443 words

Bug Body
A-rank Discipline
The user has developed an expert level of control over their new body, the soul beetle, allowing for them to move about with the same speed and strength that they would have done so with their normal human body, even while inside it's host body. Also, he is able to utilize the wings of the beetle to fly and move about as naturally as if Kemuri was born with them on his back.

"I'll take the other corner of the training grounds..." His deep blue eyes stared across at the battle raging on in the far corner of the large training garden, having no heed to intrude in the conflict that was ensuing on that end of the gardens he preferred just deal with the soldiers that were following him now as he shrugged his shoulders after being allowed entry. Both hands were still stuffed deep into the pockets of his jacket now as he simply walked through the parting sea of young men in armor with their various tools of war in hand for dealing with any foe that might have arisen. But his sharp eyes could easily see that some of them were visibly shaken after the brief encounter with the other monster here today, as he exposed his back to the soldiers escorting him to his piece of the arena one could see the pair of containers upon his back that were marked with a what looked like the stamp of a horned beetle and the other marked with a stamp of a wasp or similar insect, many questioning just what was inside the relatively small container. None knowing the true horror that lay within either of them, today most likely they would only have to experience the lesser of the two evils that served the older man.

With that he was soon surrounded much like the woman, at least what one could have considered a woman, on the opposing side of the garden but he still had the rather unimposing look to him as the missing-nin had not even removed his hands from their pockets of the jacket or bothered to put out his cigarette up to this point. Instead, he closed his eyes for a moment and exhaled a large cloud of smoke the encircled his upper body. Allowing for himself to completely focus on the task at hand and when his eyes opened the eyes that were as deep as oceans when one looked into them suddenly became razor focused and attempted to capture everything in their sight. A loud droning sound soon occurred as from the container on the right shoulder inscribed with the horned beetle insignia a massive cloud of pure black insects rushed upward like a tidal wave from a shadowy abyss and surrounded the man causing those around him to take a step back. "Well, let's not hold things up too much here, now, shall we?" A casual tone seemed to be used by Kemuri as his eyes took in every detail of those within his vision, but more specifically it was the strange transformation of the warrior in the distance as she battled numerous soldiers and even large summons with what appeared ease. 'What a scary lady...heh.'

465 - words

Trained

[Vision of the Master]
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Perception]
Taking one's situational awareness to the next level, Kemuri has become constantly aware of his surroundings to such a degree that his eyes seem to automatically track any movements made within his range of vision. While this allows for him to be able to track the movements with an indefinite amount of precision, as long as the speed of the movement doesn't exceed his own level of [Speed]. This does not allow for him to simply automatically dodge or block attacks. The man must still have the physical capabilities to keep up with his mind's processing power but allows for him to see movement that might escape the eyes of others.

Even the soldiers that were paired up to spar against the bug user couldn't help but glance back at the ruckus created by Nehan and then back towards the thirty sync (thirty by thirty-by-thirty meter) cloud of swarming black insects that swirled above the battlefield itself casting down a dark shadow over them. A monster on either side, many of the men broke out in a cold sweat, just where had such people come from and did it have anything to do with the rumors of a war brewing on the horizon? No one was sure but these two seemed to be the real deal and the level of nigh killing intent that radiated from such a person was almost oppressive, but these were also well trained dragonairs and one made his move drawing out a long spear. "The weapon of choice, very nice. Let us test our strengths..." With those words of challenge, the man pulled out a single hand from his jacket, the right hand, exposing the tattooed knuckles of the clenched first that he brought up almost as though he had taken up a boxing style stance as the bugs swirled above the head of the two men. Seeing the eyes of the fighter across from his constantly transitioning up and down, tracking both the bugs and his movement Kemuri laughed a little to himself and then pointed the index finger of the exposed hand and pointed to the sky and the massive black cloud that was spreading out from its three-dimensional shape to that of a thin cloud allowing for it to appear to grow even more menacing that before.

"You don't have to worry about those little guys for now, I'll just used this single hand first and we'll see if you're able to handle that or not. Shall we?" Again, with the provocation towards the warrior that he didn't need the help of the millions of dark color beetles on his control at the moment, but a single hand. This sounded like a rather proud boast, even from the missing-nin. Of course, none of those present knew what kind of man nor the type of fighter that Kemuri was so the stranger didn't advance recklessly, if this monster was anything like the other such recklessness could end very tragically for him. None the less, the time was now and without another moments of hesitation the spearman rushed forward and loosed a powerful forward thrust of the weapon right towards the chest of his opponent, seeming to hold nothing back. But even the lightning speed of the thrust didn't escape the bug user's eyes in the moment as he made a quick dodge to the right as his upper body twisted in a counterclockwise motion allowing the sharp pike of the spear to slice only air as it rushed through where his body had just been moments earlier. Then the Aburame counter attacked sending a hard right hook right at the armored stomach, but just before his fist could come into contact with the plate armor something happened.

From within the sleeve of the striking arm, a powerful steam of black insects shot out delivering a full power strike directly against the silver armor worn by the spearman, which was accompanied by the crumpling of metal as the grunt of pain was also heard as the guard was sent flying tens of meters back slamming into the group of soldiers behind him. "Lucky for him, that armor probably saved his life. The exposed hand slipped quietly back into the jacket pocket as the bugs flew back inside the sleeve and the unzipped jacket now. "Well, who wants to go next?"

615 - words

Trained

Swarm Punch
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Req: At least one swarm.
The user will strike at a target using a punch and as the strike nears its target one sync worth each swarm the user possesses will blast from the sleeve of the arm punching creating a multi-strike punch. Afterwards the insects quickly return back into the user's body/clothing.

Hidden Swarm
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Req: At least one swarm
The user always keeps a portion of their swarms at the ready, just in case. Kemuri keeps one sync worth of each of his swarms in his body and clothing at all times, ready to be employed at a moment's notice.

Upon issuing his next challenge, the rather slender looking figure who wielded a pair of short daggers was the next opponent for the older man now as he stepped forward and steadied his mind. Taking note of the two blades Kemuri decided to play along as he reached under the back of his jacket with each hand and retrieved a single kunai with either, drawing them back into a form of modified fighting stance. "Let us play a little." With that alone the man who was still holding his cigarette tight in his lips rushed forward as the two men meet head on, both blades striking out at the others creating a clang of metal that echoed out from the class. Kemuri himself stumbled back, strength had never been his strong suit but he still managed to put on a tight lipped smile as he exhaled a stream of smoke and bounded backwards now creating space which his foe attempted to immediately close understanding that while their speed was relatively the same his edge in strength could make all the difference if he was able to continue to engage in him close range combat with his short swords. With a fluid motion one of the kunai was launched out into the direct path that the soldier was moving from the Aburame, its precision and short distance forced the man to dodge to the side and then use one sword to also deflect the flying weapon enough to avoid being injured.

But as his eyes refocused on the man a small, brown hue ball was flying through the air directly at his face but just before he went to dodge the item exploded. There was no real force behind the explosion as the man crossed his arms to shield himself only to find himself coughing in a cloud of smoke that was created from the activation of the smoke bomb the shinobi had thrown at him. Where would he be attacked from? The hair on his neck stood up as he was blind and could only hear the drumming noise of the bugs that circled above him through the dark cloud. "Boo!" Without warning someone spoke behind him causing for the young man to whip around his blades but only slicing air, the strike itself had just barely missed the insect user who jumped to avoid the strike that was aimed at his mid-section. His body turning in mid-air now as insects poured out of his right leg that kicked out as if preparing to kick off a wall or other structure instead impacting the bug formed platform that immediately propelled him forward. With that he delivered a power knee strike right onto the temple of the warrior who was still turning from his reactionary slice. The smoke cleared with the loud thud as the figure lay unconscious from the precise strike to his head as the man himself removed the cigarette from his mouth after a final drag and tossed it onto the ground.

465 words

Trained

Step on a Bug
C-Rank Swarm Maneuver
Upon the command "Step" the insects either on the user's person or close by will immediately move to the base of the user's feet in order to create a literal floating step that the user is able to push off of allowing for them to change direction even wild in midair. Creates up to [Sync/5] steps per use. After the host uses a step, it dissipates and returns to the host or its respective swarm.

"Well, let's not keep each other waiting. " It seemed that the former Konoha shinobi was loosened up now as the swarm began to swirl downward on him, the speed and ferocity was like that of a small tornado as they rushed past at such a speed that it looks like a dark wind instead of thousands upon thousands of black beetles. "Are they scaring you? Kek..." A laugh escapes the man's lips as he holds his now empty hands out to either side causing for the bugs to disperse and rise till, they are once more swirling overheard of the man as this time a pair of men, both wielding a single long sword stepped forward. If was obvious from the previous two exchanges that a single warrior under Chi's charge would not be enough to topple the scar faced stranger, but many could boast that they could beat one or two people at a time depending on their own skill level, of course. "This is more like it, come then." Finally, they seemed to be taking his level of unknown skill more seriously, at least, as the rushed forward but not to attack as they reached a closer distance the moved left and right separating. If would appear that just from the looks of their coordination and similar movement pattern that these two men often fought together and even had a two-man formation used to trap a target in the middle where they could attack and strike the target down from the weak or blind side. Not a bad tactic really, especially if you find yourself needing to take down a single target, but they seemed to still believe that Kemuri wouldn't use the help of his bugs in batter, how silly.

Now on direct opposite sides of him, Kemuri brought his hands together in a quick series of seal, seeing these the two men instantly rushed forward to interrupt the hand seals, knowing that a key to beating a shinobi who could use ninjutsu was too simple prevent them from completing their hand seals. A swift and accurate thrust from each blade appeared to catch the missing-nin off guard and before he could react, he was stabbed from the front and back by the two men who each had not expected him to be hit so easily. But even in his predicament the man smiled at the two and then his form broke away revealing a mass of bugs in a humanoid shape that exploded outward with power injuring both men as they were launched flying backwards for several meters before slamming into the ground. If this had been anywhere else the man wouldn't have held back and both would be dead most likely...

456 words

Trained

Bug Swap Surprise
C-Ranked Swarm NinTai
After completing the necessary hand seals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with their nearby insects from an active swarm that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body within a thirty-meter radius of the user. This substitution allows the insects to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. Upon impact with the false bug body, the insects will explode outward to [Sync/5] meters in all directions piercing mandible first through everything nearby at [Sync] speed and strength. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.

"Hmm...this really won't do now will it..." The man mused to himself after his feet touched down upon the ground from swapping places with a portion of his swarm that was about ten meters in the air, landing in a soft crouched position before gently rising into a standing position. Somehow his hands were back in the jack pockets once more retrieving both the pack of cigarettes and the lighter once more, one might say that he was a chain smoker, but it was what kept him even keel. His eyes shifted back up to the crowd that had him semi encircles with the large walls of the training area to his six o'clock that would keep any of his major attacks semi contained at the very least as he shrugged and lit up the new cigarette, taking a slow drag on it before placing the items back in their appropriate pockets and then raising his left hand to the ground. Waving them on now to attack him in mass as if things here were taking to much time or something like that.

Many felt it was like a slap to their faces, just because he had managed to overcome a few strong warriors didn't garner him the reputation or clout to boast so boldly in front of a squadron of legionnaires. Will their blood boiling one squad of fifteen men answered the call as they let loose a battle cry and began to spread out partially encircling the old, scarred man now with weapons of all means from daggers to long pikes extended in anger at Kemuri. But that was just the kind of thing that the old shinobi wanted, something that would allow for him to truly show off some of the real power of his beetle swarm, the least deadly perhaps of his current insects. "Explosion..." The word was a mere whisper, but it was mentally projected loudly to the swarm above that came crashing down, around twenty-five sync worth instantly appeared like a descending tornado around Kemuri before all the pent-up energy in the swarm was released all at once causing the swarm to explode outwards like a pipe bomb filled with nails. Except instead of nails were the unrealistically powerful beetles with their mandibles extended outward as they slammed into everything and everyone within a fifty-meter radius, of course he had held back a bit to not accidently kill any of the guards, but accidents do happen...

412 Words

Trained

Bug Bullet Explosion
A-Rank Swarn Maneuver
The user calls upon their swarm using the words "Explosion", which triggers up to forty sync of an active swarm to rapidly swirl around the host before exploding outwards in every direction out to [Sync x4] meter. Sending the swarm into a frenzy as the put out their sharp mandibles before flying at and penetrating through whatever target is in their path at a speed and strength of [Sync].

Dozens of men lay broken and bloody on the ground, a few would perhaps die without medical attention, but one couldn't cook an omelet without breaking a few eyes in the process, right? After reaching the distance of fifty meters the swarm bullets began returning back to Kemuri who swept his deep blue eyes over the scene assessing the damage to not only the men but to the border wall behind him that was filled with holes now. Many only saw the bugs of his beetle swarm as normal bugs, that was truly the downfall in their thinking as these insects had been feeding off his chakra for many years and it had slowly reformed and strengthened their body to that of a state which very few humans are able to reach. Pile on top of that this was not just a single beetle, but thousands or perhaps millions depending on how much of the swarm was released to fight for him. "Silly kids, you think you've experienced combat and war, but you are still too naive to the fact that there are many types of dangers you have never seen or heard of. Guess I'll let you off easy today, eh?" Taking a puff of his cigarette the man reached out with his empty right hand allowing for a group of beetles to land upon it, their bodies covered in blood and the insects communicated with him their desire to feed but he could only laugh slightly and tell them that they were not allowed to feast upon any of the humans here. But soon he promised to take them outside the city to find some prey to hunt.

"Assemble." He gave a single word and a three-meter portion of the swarm that was returning seemed to understand the meaning and began to clump tightly together and flatten out just like some sort of thin black platform that floated about a foot off the ground and slowly levitated over to their host. Causally he exhaled some smoke from the cigarette and stepped up onto the nimbus platform and rose up into the air up to nearly thirty meters to see across the battlefield watching as the crazy transformed woman smashed about two large, summoned creatures that resembled a pair of giant rhinos in thick battle armor. 'Hopefully we can fight on the same side and not against each other...'

400 words

Trained

Nimbus
A-Rank Swarm Maneuver
The swarm of the user will form into a flying platform of bugs that is capable of holding the weight of their host and/or companions of the host. This insect cloud is able to fly at a speed and strength of [Sync] under the host's control.

Just as the older shinobi was observing the fierce conflict between the fellow missing-nin and the two rhino's he couldn't help but catch movement out of the corner of his eyes. From his high platform Kemuri turned his attend down and to the right at the crowd of army men who had escorted him over to this position, the majority of them standing there steadily contemplating how next to attack the weird bug user but aside from that there was two people specifically that caught the attention of the man's deep blue eyes in that moment. "My, my...what do we have here." His voice grew louder for the first time since this little exchange of pointers began, what he had caught site of was two young men probably around seventeen or eighteen that were slowly working their way backwards through the crowd. It was obvious at first glance that these two were scared out of their minds and assumed that death was on the very doorstep if they were to foolishly challenge the former Konoha ninja like the others. "Running away? At least your survival instincts aren't too bad...Keke."

An eerie laugh slipped through the smoker's lips now as he held out a hand to either side, palms facing up now. 'Heartless...' With a simple command a small group of bugs swirled above each palm creating a slender, dark arrow formation about two feet long and maybe a quarter inch thick. 'Those two, go.' Though he had applauded them for knowing their limits it was still an embarrassment for them to attempt to flee during a realistic training event were killing them would only be troublesome for the older man, no matter how much he wanted to skin them alive where they stood. This time he would have to just teach them a lesson as the two slender arrows made of bugs shot forward towards the crowd at first. The warriors braced themselves as those in front brought out shields to protect themselves and those behind them but as they prepared for the impact the arrow curved around the front lines and wove its way through the crowds. It was hunting! Both tracked on the targets identified by their master as they deliberately avoided the other humans and closed closer and closer no matter how the pair ran or tried to hide. Soon enough they stumbled out into the open on their backs, ending up back-to-back on the ground with that look of being scared shitless as the arrow stopped just short of their chest plate, simply hovering there waiting for the order to kill both men.

437 words

Heartless Arrow
A-Rank Swarm Maneuver
Upon the command, "Heartless" the user will gather a palm sized group of his active swarm and direct them towards a single target causing them to fly towards the target in the form of a thin arrow like formation, able to create up to [Sync/10] arrows at a time. Flying at a speed and strength of [Sync] the arrow will home in and seek out their individual target until they lose track of the target, makes contacts with the target, or are commanded to return by the host. Upon making contact, mandibles first, the arrow/insects will burrow its way directly into the target's body, once inside the insects will immediately begin to directly attack and attempt to devour the heart of the target, ultimately killing them in the process. This technique is especially effective with the Bikōchū swarm that is able to lock onto a target's chakra signature.

"Perhaps your commanders would let me execute you...heh." The platform that the man was flying upon slowly began to descend downwards now until it was about five meters off the ground, both of the heartless arrows gently drifted back and forth slightly, almost seeming to tremble with excitement over the thought of being able to final feast upon the tender flesh of the two small humans before them. It was just then that an older warrior, closer to Kemuri's age, stepped forward with a large spear and shield as he drove the blunt end of the spear several inches to the dirt and spoke. "It's that enough? I think you've proven your point there with these two lambs." First the missing-nin turned his eyes to the corner to take in the old warrior's appearance before then turning his head towards him in a rather nonchalant manner, giving a half smile and shrugging his shoulders as he took another drag of the half-gone cigarette still clinging on between his lips at this point. "Don't mistake my words for provocation, I really was going to kill them to make the point clear. But since you have spoken, I can give you that much face to not do so today, I suppose..."

Exhaling slowly, he gave a simple gesture of his fingers as if telling the bug arrows to come here with his index finger and wish a whoosh of speed the seemed to almost disappear and reappear next to their master, before breaking down from their formation and reentering his sleeves. A large thud could be heard as from behind him a massive bear-like creature had been summoned standing nearly ten meters in heigh and about twenty-five meters in length. "My my..." 'Bloody death..' Such a meal was right there in front of them how could he deny his children any longer, right? The swirling swarm, even his platform suddenly rushed towards the spirit bear that had been summoned to test him, appearing like a tidal wave of black death as it crashed onto the bear causing it to tumble like a surfer caught under a wave in the ocean. This was shortly followed by the wails and cries of the bear as the insects began to burrow directly into the thick fur and skin of the beast, easily chewing through what would have normally been tough hide to reach the veins and arteries inside. It was as easy as fish swimming in the oceans for them as the creature became covered in patches of blood as it began to seize up on the ground. "Silly little bear."

436 words

Trained

[Bloody Death]
S-Rank Swarm Maneuver
Upon the command, 'Bloody Death' the user will direct an active portion of one of their swarms to enter a rage state, mercilessly attacking a single opponent during which they will attempt to make contact with the opponent, clinging with a strength equal to the Swarm's [Sync] and begin tunneling directly into the opponent's arteries and veins. Doing so will cause the insects to slice up the opponent's blood stream causing multiple instances of internal bleeding resulting in the opponent bleeding out without immediate medical assistance. The rate the opponent bleeds out is dependent on their stamina stat as detailed in this table.
  • 1-15 Endurance: Death within the 1st post
  • 16-20 Endurance: Death within the 2nd post
  • 21-25 Endurance: Death within the 3rd post
  • 26-35 Endurance: Death within the 4th post
  • 36+ Endurance: Death within the 5th post

'The taste of blood really does get the kids riled up, heh.' Kemuri couldn't help but muse quietly to himself at this point as the spirit creature was nearly killed in only a few moments, before it poofed out of existence back to its spirit world, who knew if it would survive the bloody attack, that it had received at the hands of the Aburame's swarm but that was truly little to no concern of the man as he recalled the bugs. His feet touched down softly on the battered dirt of the training grounds after having jumped off the platform a few moments earlier when all his swarm that was currently out had rushed the bear seeking to bath in its blood. 'I've really got to take these guys out to hunt after this, too bad they wouldn't let me execute those two weaklings.' Shaking his head the man drew one last draw off the cigarette in his mouth, burning it all the way down to the filter now before spitting it out on the ground and stepping on it with his right boot.

His attention was turned back to the burly old man with the shield and spear from earlier, behind him was a man in chains, probably some sort of slave or traitor to the coalition. "What do we have here?" Casually the man raised his left hand and pointed at the chained figure causing the elder to turn his gaze to the side, "A traitor who we caught spying on us." An almost sinister smile crept onto the scarred face of the old shinobi and the look almost startled the hardened warrior who had been fighting for longer than some of his men had been alive. "Allow me..." The fight hand lifted and two finger, index and middle, pointed towards the sky before the hand flipped and the fingers pointed directly at the ragged looking prisoner. 'Wai..." 'Brutal Death!' before the old man could protest, he found himself frozen in fear as a fiver meter wave of bugs swept directly at him, it was almost as though death loomed at the door for him. But they split around him and crashed upon the beaten prison who began to scream and cry out in pain and for help though it was muffled by the insects flooding into his mouth and other orifices. "Too cruel..." Even the old warrior had to look away as the bugs began to strip the flesh and muscles from the man's body, soon enough the screams stopped, then the struggling of the body stopped, and it was only the frenzied hum of bugs and tiny wings that could be heard.

447 words

Brutal Death
S-Rank Swarm Maneuver
Upon the command, 'Brutal Death' the user will direct an active portion of one of their swarms to enter a rage state, mercilessly attacking a number of opponents up to [Sync/10] during which they will attempt to make contact with the opponent(s), clinging with a strength equal to the Swarm's [Sync]. Upon making contact with the target, they begin to rapidly eat away at their body. The mushi will eat away at a progress of posts:
  • 1st Post: The mushi will eat away at the top layers of skin which will cause deep lacerations and profuse bleeding. Bandaging the wounds will not completely stop the bleeding and Iijutsu will be needed to heal the wounds.
  • 2nd Post: The mushi will begin to eat at the muscles underneath the skin, aiming to sever the opponent's ability to use their limbs. They will also focus on attacking the opponent's veins which causes even more intense bleeding. Iijutsu is the only way to heal the wounds at this point.
  • 3rd Post: The mushi begins to finish the muscle system off and then switch to the bones of the opponent as they continue eating away. This can result in loss of limbs, as well as the rupturing of internal organs as the mushi moves throughout the body. For those with a stamina stat of less than 35, it means almost certain death. Only the best Iijutsu users can stave death off at this rate.
  • 4th Post: The fourth post the mushi will have eaten everything to the bone resulting in utter death for the opponent.

Giving a gentle gestor with his left hand, a small platform of bugs formed next to him as he stepped up upon it and both of his hands found their way back into the jacket pockets, with nothing left for him to say or do here he would begin to rise up from the ground and look over at the chaos that had ensured from Nehan's testing. It would seem that at this point she had reverted back to her normal self, perhaps he could at least head over that way now without worrying about possibly becoming entangled up in whatever monstrous shit that was before. 'What a powerful shinobi...' The thoughts were only muttered in his head as he glanced back down at the shifting swarm that now dispersed from around the dead body, well it was best said skeleton as the insects hadn't even left the slightest piece of organic tissue, even breaking apart some of the larger bones to eat at the bone marrow inside. As he began to ascend now to move towards the opposing side of the training grounds the soldiers also parted to either side not wishing to get between the man and wherever he was going as they turned their attention towards the other side to see similar damage if not worse on that side. Two monsters had really appeared here today it would seem, was that good or bad for Cresent?

A dim aura of light brown chakra appeared briefly around Kemuri as he infused the beetle swarm around him, except the platform, with doton chakra now allowing for them to merge silently into the ground and begin to travel in the same direction of the missing-nin except without disturbing the earth as they passed through. Only those with the ability to sense the subtle movements in the ground would even be aware of the presence of the large swarm that traveled under the ground at that moment. He arrived just as the witch was seemingly helping those that she had injured but the man didn't pay it much heed honestly and turned his gave from the woman to the other, Chi, at this time. "It there anything else?"

367 - words

C-Rank Swarm Nin-Tai
The user channels his doton based chakra into the bodies of his insects within thirty meters, empowered by this doton chakra it allows for them move through the earth at [Sync] speed and strength without disturbing the earth around or above ground as they move through it. This effect lasts for up to four posts.
Last edited by Zao on Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:57 am, edited 12 times in total.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Gara

A Welcoming Army

Post by Gara » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:17 pm

Shion strode purposefully down the rugged path, his gaze flickering between the figures ahead who had answered the rallying cry for battle. His piercing yellow and black eyes swept the surroundings, vigilant for any potential threats lurking amidst the unfamiliar terrain. In the midst of a group of strangers, he remained an enigma, his solitary nature evident in the subtle aloofness of his demeanor. As he moved, the weight of anticipation hung in the air, mingling with the tension that electrified the atmosphere. Shion's hands hovered over the twin tomahawks secured at his hips, their polished edges glinting faintly in the dappled sunlight filtering through the shifting clouds above. Each sinew in his taut frame coiled with readiness, a silent testament to his unyielding resolve and his unwavering commitment to the task at hand. Though the camaraderie of the group enveloped him, Shion remained a solitary sentinel, a lone guardian amidst the throng. His thoughts were a fortress, guarded and impenetrable, betraying no hint of the inner turmoil that churned beneath the surface. And yet, beneath the facade of stoicism, a fire burned within him, fueled by a determination born of necessity. With each step, the anticipation mounted, the distant echoes of impending conflict reverberating through the air. But for Shion, there was no room for doubt or hesitation. His path was clear, his purpose unwavering, as he pressed forward into the unknown, a silent sentinel amidst the chaos of battle.

Shion's steps echoed with a quiet determination, a rhythm born not only from duty but also from a debt owed to the band of mercenaries that now moved alongside him. He staunchly would have preferred the solace of his forest sanctuary or the comforting embrace of the sea, where memories of his childhood danced like playful waves upon the shore. Yet, the weight of obligation pulled him from the tranquility he craved, tethering him to the path of conflict and camaraderie. The memories of their aid, offered when he stood at the precipice of despair, lingered like a guiding light in the depths of his consciousness. It was a debt of gratitude he could not ignore, a bond forged in the crucible of adversity. And now, as they ventured forth into the unknown, he vowed to repay their kindness with his unwavering loyalty and steadfast determination. The shifting clouds above seemed to mirror the turmoil within him, their ever-changing shapes a testament to the fluidity of his emotions. Yet, amidst the chaos, Shion remained resolute, his commitment unwavering as he walked the path of honor and obligation. Each step forward carried with it the weight of his past and the promise of a future bound by loyalty and kinship. Though the forest and the sea called to him with their siren's song, beckoning him back to the solace he so dearly craved, Shion knew that his place was here, amidst the tumult of battle and the camaraderie of his newfound companions. For debts must be repaid, and honor demanded nothing less than his unwavering dedication to those who had stood by him in his darkest hour.

Shion's resolve, tempered by duty and loyalty, was soon tested by an unexpected trial of strength and skill. As the group ventured deeper into the heart of conflict, they encountered an unforeseen challenge – a test, a display of power, the reasons behind which remained shrouded in mystery. For Shion, who held little regard for the frivolity of sparring and the mock battles of sport, the prospect of such a trial was a bitter pill to swallow.

With a heavy heart and a sense of solemn duty, Shion stepped into the arena, his gaze sweeping over the gathered throng, each face a silent witness to the impending confrontation. His words, delivered with a gravity born of conviction, echoed through the air, a warning to those who dared to face him in combat. "I am not one to spar for amusement or frivolity," he proclaimed, his voice a low rumble that carried across the arena. "When I raise my hand in battle, it is with the intent to end a life. Proceed with caution, for I will not hesitate to deliver death's embrace to those who stand before me." Despite his earnest plea, a lone figure, undeterred by the gravity of his words, charged forth with reckless abandon. With the fluid grace of a predator stalking its prey, Shion sidestepped the woman's spear, his movements a seamless dance of precision and power. In a swift and fluid motion, he ensnared her in a vice-like grip, his arms coiling around her with lethal intent.

As the woman struggled against his grasp, Shion's resolve remained unyielding. With a primal ferocity born of instinct and necessity, he unleashed the full extent of his predatory prowess. With a swift motion, he sank his razor-sharp teeth into her throat, tearing away a jagged piece of flesh in a savage display of dominance. The metallic tang of blood mingled with the scent of sweat and adrenaline, a visceral reminder of the brutality that lay at the heart of the conflict. As the woman crumpled to the ground, a testament to the unforgiving nature of the trial they faced, Shion stood tall amidst the chaos, a silent sentinel amidst the storm. Though the weight of his actions hung heavy upon his shoulders, he knew that in the crucible of battle, there could be no room for hesitation or remorse. For he was Shion, of the Shuryo clan, a predator of both land and sea, and in the face of adversity, he would emerge victorious or perish in the attempt.
Technique usedShow
~Chiageya • The Final Grin
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will catch their opponent by the shoulder and wrap their other arm behind the opponent’s knee, catching them off balance and yanking up their leg and pushing down their shoulder, knocking them to the floor. They will continue with the momentum and sink their teeth into the opponent’s neck ripping out their jugular.
Last edited by Gara on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kirigakure CharactersShow
Aisu, FuyuhiroAisu, Hatsuyuki
Kirigakure GeninKirigakure Special Jounin
  • Chakra Pool: 7
  • Endurance: 7
  • Control: 7
  • Strength: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Willpower: 5
  • Power Rank: D
  • Chakra Pool: 22
  • Endurance: 20
  • Control: 20
  • Strength: 20
  • Speed: 23
  • Willpower: 20
  • Power Rank: B
Hyouton SpecialistSword Specialist
TealDarkorchid
Other CharactersShow
Tiānhuǒ "Xiao" ZhīzǐThe Mimic
Sunagakure Iaido Specialist GeninD-Rank Nukenin
  • Chakra Pool: 8
  • Endurance: 8
  • Control: 8
  • Strength: 8
  • Speed: 8
  • Willpower: 8
  • Chakra Pool: 5
  • Endurance: 5
  • Control: 5
  • Strength: 10
  • Speed: 10
  • Willpower: 5
Tenkujutsu Trainee - Sword SpecialistStealth Specialist
BrownLightgreen

Trusted Grader

A Welcoming Army

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:28 pm

Chie walked around the training ground and inspected everyone, from what she could tell only a hand few seemed to fail the test, the rest gave great results, but there was one problem, Nehan was too excessive, she could tell that this one could become a problem if not controlled, she just hoped that the news would be taken well. A sigh rolled out her breath as she finished the tally.

She first stopped by Kemuri and nodded. "Pass, go to the back, and see if there's any gear that fits your size, otherwise we'll customize one for you." Chie smiled and continued down the long training center, she spotted Shion and nodded as well, telling him the same. She continued to both accept and deny soldiers until she finally reached The Wicked Witch of the East and started to feel a bit panicky as she was unsure how she would take it.

"Denied!? What? I didn't kill anyone, per say..." Nehan could tell that Chie wasn't biting, she knew that she needed to keep calm and regain her composure for she still didn't want to destroy this village before meeting "Enzaragi". "Aw... Come on!?" Nehan cried out before she let a sigh roll of her breath. "I am sorry but you are too volatile for our army. It's not about the killing part, although we would've liked it if neither you nor the other one killed anyone, but sometimes people do die."

"You'll probably regret not bringing me along." Nehan kicked a bit of debris before unfurling her wings, she took of with haste as sensed that her fury was rising, who were they to deny her? Punks.

Chie sighed with relief before she turned around. "Alright, from here on out things are going to get serious."
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

A Welcoming Army

Post by Zao » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:28 pm

Better late than never, another amongst the line of people who were having their strength assessed today stepped up but the guards gave him a uncertain look as it would appear that the person standing before them was a young child, probably no more than twelve years old with a body that seemed to lack the strength to fight back someone his own size let alone in the coming war that the entire coalition was mobilizing for. But, as much as he wanted to turn around the youth and tell him to go home, he had been ordered by Chi to allow all who believed themselves capable to be tested, and thus the man had to reluctantly allow for him to enter into the training area. Thankfully the two monsters from earlier had already finished and left to prepare for the war and after some testing he should be able to send this one back somewhere safe.

After getting the approval to continue Ryu gave a gentle bow of his head, then followed a few soldiers over to one of the prepared fighting rings that could be found dotting the formerly beautiful garden area, a sacrifice made for the war preparations. Entering the ring a youth around the age of eighteen stepped forward and planned to take it a bit easy on the runt, and on the command, he pushed forward throwing a strong right cross down toward the smaller figure of the missing-nin in his main puppet body. But he seemed to barely move his head to the side as he stepped forward causing the punch to graze his messing grey hair now leaving the pair almost face to face at this point. Quickly spinning on to his left one of the tiny hands grabbed hold of the man's arm and the other gripped the shirt and with unforeseen strength that didn't belong to someone his size the boy easily lifted the man into the air before slamming down hard into the tamped down earth. The sheer strength caused the ground to spider outwards as the man's body created an impression in the ground as the sound of bones breaking could be heard by those watching the fight.

Mouths gaped open at the display in strength. If the boy had just thrown him to the ground, then that would have been one thing, but the amount of strength was almost too hard to believe as it had planted him a few inches into the hair ground and even broken a number of the man's bones in the process. Luckily the man was unconscious, or he would have been screaming in agony from the pain of such a sudden and major serious of injuries. A handful of men put the warrior on a stretch and immediately took him to the medical tents to be treated as they sent forth a second user, this man wielding a wooden spear, but unlike the previous man took the child more seriously and was even very wary of the boy's strength to the point he chose to use a ranged weapon to keep himself out of arms reach. Despite being strong in his own right, he didn't believe that even with all his strength he'd be able to slam someone that hard into the ground.

"Begin." The man prepared to rush forward before the boy extended his right arm outwards towards the man as something metallic could be seen around the forearm, slightly exposed as the sleeve pulled back when it had been extended out. Click! Click! A faint clicking sound was heard and one with very preceptive vision would have seen four senbon needles flash out from the sleeve as both of the man's knees were hit with two causing for him to cry out in pain. In that moment the boy rushed forward and swung his left arm around as an extendable hidden black snapped out in two pieces in order to create a near meter long jagged claw that slashed at the wooden stick slicing it cleanly in two as the man found himself unable to react appropriately due to the needles that had just slammed into both of his knee. The tip of the curved claw blades cut a clean line across the chest armor worn by the man and left a thin bloody laceration just inside the arm across the man's upper chest now.

This caused the man to fall backwards as he held only the bottom half of the spear rod in one hand and the other pressed to his chest as trickling bright red life force began to soak the arm and spill out onto his hand. Of course, he could have gone for the kill but in this situation and because of his hidden background the man didn't dare expose to much more at this point, not wanting to attract to much unwanted attention. Just to garner enough reputation to be placed on the war party to take out some of his vengeance on Konoha and hopefully Suna, as well, in the near future. "Is that enough?" His head turned to the one judging his performance, having revealed strength beyond his age and frame, along size decent fighting experience that mixed together with hidden weapons. What a mysterious youth he seemed to be as he flicked his left arm and the blade retracted as it broke back down into three pieces and folded itself away in the forearm guard for that arm.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Return to “Hitogakure no Sato”