Class Field Trip

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Class Field Trip

Post by Taiga » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 pm

The sun was a precariously disappearing beyond the horizon, in it's nearness casting a golden glow across glistening sands of the beach upon which Chihiro stood in Aroma Country. High above, the skies were clear, and the morning breeze whispered promises of adventure. The Kumogakure academy students had been buzzing with excitement for weeks about their class trip to Aroma Country's famous beach, and the day had finally arrived.

Aroma Country was known for its pristine beaches, but also for its vibrant wildlife and treacherous reefs. It was a paradise that demanded respect, and their teacher was determined to keep her class safe. They'd been lectured so much about jelly fish and even on international politics and how they needed to be on their best behaviour. Chihiro had largely ignored most of the topics with her one-track mind solely focused on one thing: her mission to become the leader of Soul Country.

She had envisioned her selfs bumping elbows with the greatest this world had to offer. With the Fuhens, the Tatsuros, the Fanhos. Perhaps in a splendid gown at some kind of ball that only the most elusive members of society were granted access too. Reality however, for a beach party, was a little different.

Huffing as she felt the warm sand slightly burn the bottoms of her feet Chihiro looked out upon the sea. Rather than enriching her cultural and worldly knowledge with all the power players at the top she was with people like Haruka.A feisty kunoichi with a penchant for mischief and Taro, a quiet boy with a talent for genjutsu, who spent most his time boringly reading under a shady spot under a palm tree.

And then there was Kyou. She wasn't really quite sure what to make of that lot. In either case though, they were all her classmates. All part of class 1-A. And, this was their last year of "no responsibility" as Miss Aiko had put it. They'd soon be expected to join Genin Development Squads and under the tutelage of a Jounin work to gain their Chuunin license and become full fledged shinobi, ready to be shipped off to the far corners of the empire to fight for Hayate and his dream- the dream of the nation.

It was all a great old lofty exercise in the end, one she would need to clear to achieve her ultimate goal. Her mind kept coming back to that. Kept coming back to her sheer determination to become the leader of Soul. Her mind wandered and linger on that thought; tracing its way through all the ideals and things that brought with it, questioning why that was even here desire. Why, did she feel a need to be a liberator of her people yet all the same feel beholden and happy to be a part of the empire that had subjugated her people…

Perhaps it was because in life few things were binary; just black or white. The Empire had indeed brought misfortune to Soul but all the same soared it too new heights previously unthinkable.

514/500 +1 Willpower
Last edited by Taiga on Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Kabu

Class Field Trip

Post by Kabu » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm

While most of her classmates had been excited for the trip to Aroma and had focused on the lectures they had been given in preparation Kyou had been less than enthused. In the end it was being treated as a field trip and not one she was particularly looking forward to.

She was lectured enough about proper behavior back home and so had largely tuned out her teachers. She was well aware that on foreign soil surrounded by folks from other villages she would have to be on her best behavior. Just the thought of having to watch the way she spoke and acted was frankly exhausting in itself. She knew that her mom had told her that it was okay to let her guard down once in a while but around foreigners there was no way she could do that. She didn't feel comfortable being herself on foreign soil, at least while others were watching.

With that in mind she felt a strange sense of peace as she stepped out onto the beach in Aroma, dressed in a short sleeved shirt and shorts rather than the much heavier outfit she normally wore. She had been going around town with her sister having dragged her to various tourist destinations and finally she had a moment to herself. While rubbing her cheeks she let her smile drop, finally letting her guard down.

She let out a sigh as she approached the edge of the sea, the slightly chilly waves lapping against the shore being a nice contrast to the warm sands beneath her feet. She knew that she wasn't truly alone, having already noticed Chihiro not too far off but there was no use in putting on an act here. Her classmates were already familiar with her normal moody self and so she could be herself around them. It unfortunately had mixed results with some being put off by it but she did appreciate those that did try to get to know her regardless.

With that said, she had been told she should be more proactive in getting to know her classmates herself. She glanced over at Chihiro, frowning as she did. The perfect opportunity was right in front of her but there was one problem. She had never really cared to make friends before and so she didn't really fully know how...
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Class Field Trip

Post by Taiga » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 pm

Chihiro silently observed the beach around her, making careful notes of everything that had strategic significance. The sand might contain minerals that could be used to her advantage with her magnetic control. Likewise, the water could offer a tactical edge in certain situations, depending on her opponent. For example, pushing someone into the water could give her more versatility while forcing her opponent to consistently use chakra and focus to run on water.

As her mind analyzed the surroundings, she occasionally glanced back at each of her classmates to reassess them: their personalities, their roles in the grand scheme of the Emperor, and their purpose within their nation.

Taro was still sitting beneath a tree, reading a book. In truth, this was arguably a great use of time. She wondered what he was reading- he book partially obscured by a paper cover. Perhaps it was a book on economics, or a guide to princely virtues, or something with a deep philosophical message. She made a mental note that Taro was probably someone worth talking to in the future. The quiet readers often were. They provided a good balance to the fiery determination of defiant children like herself.

As she stretched, her eyes landed on another classmate, Kyou. Kyou was rubbing her cheeks and was dressed in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts. The clothing of everyone in this country was unusual to Chihiro, but understandable given the scorching heat of the sun here.

Kyou was a moody individual, which made some people wary of her, but for Chihiro, it made Kyou interesting. She struck her as someone with character, someone with passions and strong beliefs, someone whose emotions could drive them to achieve great triumphs. After finishing her stretch, and with Kyou's gaze clearly on her, Chihiro walked up to her classmate, took a deep breath, and sighed.

Then again, maybe not. Things were not always directly what they seemed. That was neither here nor there. For all she knew she could have been reading Kyou completely wrong too and the girl had little interest in any perceived camaraderie between fellow students. For a moment, Chihiro let her mind get lost in that though- wander the permutations of her anxiety and grip her from all angles until a voice inside of her said “you’re over thinking it.” That inner voice had been her light in all the dork, stormy seas. The hand that pulled her up when she fell. It was a voice she had been training for thirteen years and was best to keep doing such.

+517 for +1 Willpower
Last edited by Taiga on Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Kabu

Class Field Trip

Post by Kabu » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 am

As she listened to the sound of the waves Kyou cracked a rare small smile, some part of her feeling relaxed and at peace. There was something truly tranquil about a beach during sunset, or maybe that was just her own thoughts. In any case she took a seat on the sand, looking up as she saw Chihiro approach, having been watching her out of the corner of her eye. "Tell me about it, it would have been nice to receive some coherent guidance or direction. She tells us to relax and take a breather from our studies but she also wants us to learn something. The only thing I've learned so far is that I'm not really a particularly festive gal but I don't think that's what Teach had in mind." she looked towards the sea, wrinkling her nose as she spoke. She had never really liked crowds but there was just something extra awful about needing to keep her guard up in them.

"You know, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a bird or even maybe a fish, no responsibilities and traveling freely as you please. I think that would be the ideal life for me." she quietly spoke, well aware that it may have sounded like nonsense. There was just something about this scenery, this moment, that brought it out of her.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Class Field Trip

Post by Taiga » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:06 am

As she looked down to Kyou, who had paid her attention and in her replies, affirmed the assumptions of not only Chihiro’s own feelings but the feelings she had assumed Kyou too held, a sense of confidence washed over her as she knelt down and slid into a sitting position, her body embraced by the warm sands as she fully laid down looking up to the sky. She giggled a little, letting herself be a child for a moment.

”You couldn’t have summarized my thoughts on the matter better-” the words escaped her lips through the undertones of her calm, quiet laughter. A sign that she was finding refuge in the words of her like-minded peer. She closed here eyes as she listened to Kyou speak and let surprise and intrigue wash over her.

”… I don’t think that’s non-sense at all-“ she muttered softly her eyes still closed. Distant memories of a painful childhood danced in her head. The flames. The death. The bullying. Chihiro had been born to two identities; one of her peoples conquerors and one of her people. To each she was the other. In Lightning Empire she was commonly referred to as foreigner and amongst the children of Soul they bullied her. They pulled at her strawberry blonde hair and poked fun of her pale complexion and taller nose.

In that regards, being a bird or a fish seemed liberating. Liberating of all the pain and responsibility that came with each worldly breathe she drew since the day of her unfortunate birth… but at the same time, something deep inside of her fought that. A voice launched into a chastising lecture that tore her inner self apart denying any of the perverse thoughts she had allowed to corrode her belief in her right to exist and succeed.

But, I don’t think I would give up being a human for anything… because unlike the birds or the fish…” she opened her eyes and closed her fist, blotting out the sun and casting a shadow upon her face. ”We are not completely beholden to nature and instinct. Our capacity is unlimited.” she said calmly before putting her hand down with a slight giggle.

Though on occasion I have definitely wanted to be a bird or fish before- even a cochroach.”

While she had never attempted to start a metaphysical dialogue it was just this kind of environment that allowed her to shine- surrounded by interesting peers that gave her the mans to explore her own mind and being. Her own identity.

We’ve been in the academy together for a few years and all but I don’t think I’ve ever taken the time to truly talk to you…” she smiled gently as she put her fist down and propped herself back up to a seating position.

So, bird or fish?” she said as she put her arms out, spread wide like wings that would lift her upon the breeze up to the heavens.

510/500 +1 Willpower

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Kabu

Class Field Trip

Post by Kabu » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 pm

"I would prefer to be a bird, wings are the greatest symbol of freedom I think..." she responded, trailing off as she let herself fall back to lay on the sand. To think she would be having a conversation like this with one of her classmates, especially one like Chihiro. As Chihiro had said they had been attending the Academy together for years now but they had never really talked before now. She wished she could blame herself for being knowingly anti-social but that was really only a partial truth. In honesty she hadn't quite known how to approach her, having some minor knowledge of her status as a citizen of Soul Country. She honestly felt bad for that but she didn't have it in her to apologize and somehow she had a feeling that Chihiro wouldn't want her to.

She moved her gaze away from Chihiro and up towards the glowing sky, spreading her arms out as she did. "I think you're the first person aside from Hazuki, my twin sister, to take my ramblings seriously. Perhaps we're more alike than either of us would have thought." she spoke, giggling as she did. She wouldn't trade in her connection with Hazuki for anything but it felt nice to have someone else that she could talk to like this. Maybe this was what it felt like to have a friend, though there was no way she would say that out loud. That would be far too presumptuous of her.

"This really is a very pretty view. There are some nice sights back home but it's only at the beach that you can truly appreciate the sunset like this." she said instead, showing appreciation for the trip they had been sent on in her own way.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Class Field Trip

Post by Taiga » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 am

Chihiro nodded her head to the thought. She had to agree, being a bird beat being a fish. The world beneath the waters was harsh and many a predator including man preyed upon the fish, whose environment was in a way their own cage. Birds meanwhile sat towards the top of almost any food chain. They were free to go where they want, in a world devoid of most all else except their own kind. Birds were free of competition, of pain, of the weight of the world.

"I agree- I'd much rather be a bird...," she said without adding much to it. While she felt like she could relate to the other girl, part of Chihiro still wasn't comfortable enough speaking about her inner thoughts or letting down her guard to the extended the conversation required. Looking at the other girl as she laid back in the sand, she decided it was natural to follow suit as yet again she found the warm of the sands against her backside.

"I'm not entirely sure I would say I am taking it seriously- but in general I would like to listen to what people say and actually respond to it." Chihiro said as she raised her arms, putting them behind her head as she folded them and laid back. "If I am to become the leader of Soul Country someday and the Raikage, I'll need to be good at that..." she chuckled. She wasn't quite sure if she needed to become Raikage, but she envisioned a world where Soul Country was every bit as powerful as Kumogakure. A world where their individual countries together formed one great union- one republic. One empire.

"My country- it's an island. And the views are so much more beautiful than that of Lightning Country or even here..." she said with a smile. "Perhaps someday we can go see the emerald cliffs and the low-land crags. The sandy beaches with their coconut trees..." she rambled off, being friendly in the invite, but prideful of her homeland all the same.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Kabu

Class Field Trip

Post by Kabu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm

"Well it's all the same to me, just listening and letting me talk is close enough. The adults and even some of our peers are dismissive and I'm sure several of them think of me as loony. Admittedly though some of that may be for... other reasons." Kyou responded to Chihiro's remarks, falling silent a moment as she thought about what the other girl had just said. It did make her a bit sad to realize that even with the conversation they were having Chihiro still had her guard up but somehow it still made her very happy to be having this conversation at all. At some point while she was having this thought her natural frown even turned up into a smile, a real genuine smile that she rarely showed to anyone.

She slightly turned her head to look towards Chihiro. "Yeah, that sounds really nice." she said simply, that being in response to both Chihiro's revelation of her goal and the invitation she had given. Kyou had never been to Soul Country but she had heard stories and it did seem like a lovely place full of natural beauty. She was honestly excited to one day pay it a visit for herself along with Chihiro and maybe even Hazuki.

With that said she fell silent once more, simply staring at Chihiro for a moment before turning her gaze back towards the sky. "Say, I know it's getting late but you wanna go for a swim? After all, we are here at the beach and who knows if we'll get another good opportunity."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Class Field Trip

Post by Taiga » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:45 am

"I spose we oughtta dip our toes a little at least." Chihiro said as she hoisted herself up. Gently patting her self down to remove the sand from her clothing, she looked out to the waves and the sun setting behind it. She reached her hand down and out to Kyou, offering her help getting up. Not that she needed it but out of a sign of friendship. "Hope there's no jellyfish or sharks or something. I don't know if there season is anything like areas but if it is I guess like we should be careful?"

It was probably silly to worry to that extent. As she walked through the hot sands the temperature gradually cooled until her feet touched the water. She could feel the swelling of the ocean; the way the sand wiggled in the water between her toes and brushed gently against her ankles. It was so cold- such a stark difference to the sun and warm sands she had been emerged in just moments prior.

"A bit chilly..." she noted as she kicked her feet around, splashing. Slowly she waded further into the water until it was upon her knees, giving her a slight chill from the temperature difference. It was cold, but she could will herself through to endure such an environment.

235/500 for +1 Endurance

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Return to “Aroma Beach Event”