Walks on the Beach?

Akito and Inokara Being Cute

Drak

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Drak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 pm

Akito was enjoying his vacation. All in one it was a break from the violence of Shinobi life, the rigors of his university position, and the ever-watchful eye of the Hyuuga clan. His rare, precious time outside of the village other than on mission always gave him a wonderful clarity on his own life and let him put his hair down, in this case both literally and metaphorically.

Matching his more relaxed hairstyle, Akito was wearing a casual, dark blue yukata of thick cotton with a white obi and wooden sandals. The humid ocean air kept him warm even on his evening stroll along the resort town's main drag. As he walked, Akito engaged in a little bit of people watching, with a special eye towards the women of Aroma Country.

He had been quite enjoying being able to express his flirtatious side. It wasn't a part of his personality that saw much use: of all the ways that the rigid strictures of the Hyuuga impacted his life, their interference in his love life had to be the most ignominious. Without them watching over him, Akito had been having fun on that front.

As he strolled, a woman in the crowd caught his eye: long, silvery hair; petite frame; the upright posture that came from martial training. She turned her head.

Inokara?

It was Inokara! Akito had been thinking about her intermittently ever since their not-quite-a-date a little while back. As much as he had enjoyed it, as much as a big part of him wanted to have ended that day on a more amorous note, that wouldn't work. At least, not in Konoha.

I liked her. Back home, though, that would not fly. Then again, Takeshi and Nakano are in much the same situation, and as strange as their relationship is, they can maintain it. They, too, began their relationship abroad: out from under the watchful eyes of their clans. Perhaps that leaves some hope for… us. I came here in no small part to have some semblance of a romantic life. Maybe I could try for something other than a throwaway fling.

Akito quickened his step to catch up with Inokara. This wasn't his first ever attempt at flirting. This wasn't his first attempt this week. Nonetheless, he was nervous to a degree that he usually reserved for especially dangerous missions. He could feel the effects of adrenaline ripple out through his body: fast beating heart, slightly quickened breathing, butterflies in the stomach. With a deep breath into his diaphragm, he pushed all of that anxiety down.

“Inokara!” He called out, coming up beside her. “Good evening. I did not know you were here in Aroma Country too.”

He paused for the briefest of moments, as if preparing to invite a response. No, no, no, this is a time to strike the first blow even at the risk of coming on strong. With how I acted in the cafe I need to push that pendulum to the other side.

“I was just out for an evening walk. Unless you are busy, perhaps you might like to join me?”
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Kabu » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:05 am

Being the social butterfly she was Inokara had been greatly enjoying her time in Aroma thus far, playing on the beach and striking up conversation wherever she could. Being here away from home was strangely freeing, a moment away from her responsibilities did wonders in lifting her up out of the fog she had found herself in of late. Ever since the... date? Friendly outing? Errand? That she had gone on with Akito she had found herself easily distracted and more often being lost in thought, feeling butterflies in her stomach whenever she recalled the day in question.

She had some idea of what this sensation was but she wasn't totally certain. This was her first time feeling anything like this, it felt both similar and yet entirely different to how she had imagined it to be. On the one hand it was warm and she wanted to feel more of it but on the other it scared the hell out of her for reasons that she couldn't quite understand.

She found herself lost in these thoughts as she walked through the town, clad in a short sleeved shirt and a short skirt with sandals. The sun was beginning to set but she wasn't yet ready to head back to the inn yet and so she had decided to go for a walk to better gather her thoughts.

Lost in thought as she was she didn't notice at first as Akito called her name, the woman simply blinking in surprise as it slowly dawned on her that someone was speaking to her. Upon turning her head to find the very man she had been thinking about her expression brightened considerably.

"Oh Akito, good evening. Are you kidding? I would never pass up an opportunity to join a festival like this!" she responded to his greeting, cheekily grinning all the while. While she had been a nervous wreck during their previous meeting this time around she was much more in control of the situation and it made a world of difference.

With that said... she couldn't help the light blush that crossed her cheeks as Akito invited her out. A man and a woman alone at sunset on the beach? Surely this was a situation that every girl had dreamed of at least once.

"I'm happy that you thought to ask me, I would love to."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Drak » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:50 am

A large, toothy grin spread across Akito's face. He had been worried that she would be busy; or worse yet on her way to meet someone. Internally, Akito breathed a sigh of relief.

“Excellent! I thought I would walk out along the main street, and then back along the beach. My inn is right on the edge of town, so that makes for a convenient stroll.”

Akito had meant that as an innocent remark to let Inokara know about his usual route. It wasn’t until after he put his thoughts into speech that he realized how that might be interpreted, or rather, misinterpreted.

I could have chosen those words more carefully. Hopefully she didn’t interpret that as me trying to lure her back with me. I wouldn’t mind if she wanted to, but I should probably save that revelation for later, depending on how things go.

“But we can go ahead and take any route we want. I have no particular destination in mind. Anyway, shall we?”

Akito started walking again, doing his best to shorten his stride to keep pace with Inokara. Still, not being used to the length of her steps, he kept finding himself getting ahead of her, then having to slow himself down to fall back into line.

“So, Inokara, how have you been spending your time here in Aroma Country?”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Kabu » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:14 pm

Inokara had in fact noticed the deeper insinuations behind Akito's remark and her cheeks did redden just a tad but she otherwise chose to let it pass without comment. There was no telling if he had realized it himself, not that she was totally against it if he in fact had meant it that way. She had no experience with such a thing of course, though her mom had taught her a few things she may need to know, but she was more than happy to let him be her first should that opportunity come.

As these thoughts crossed her mind she unknowingly had a giddy grin on her face as they walked along, realizing only where her thoughts had gone when she realized Akito had spoken up once more. Hopefully he hadn't noticed or if he had that he didn't think she was weird for it.

"Oh I haven't been up to much, I was on the beach for a while with my little sister, then I went to a nice teahouse and made some small talk with strangers." she answered Akito's question with totally honesty but also seeming somewhat evasive, the thoughts she had been having a moment ago still lingering in the back of her mind. Why had she let her mind go there at a time like this? She didn't even know if he was truly interested in such things so why was she getting ahead of herself?

"So what about you? Hopefully you've been taking the time to relax?" she asked in return while casually, almost unconsciously, reaching her hand out to brush his fingertips. There was an insinuation of her own in this motion but would he pick up on it... and how would he respond if so?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Drak » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:56 pm

It seems I’m in the clear. She didn’t take that poorly. That's good.

“You have a sister?” Akito asked with the polite tenor generally reserved for first date small talk. “That sounds like a nice way to spend your time here. I, too, have spent quite some time in tea houses and talking with strangers.”

When Inokara’s fingers brushed his, Akito’s first instinct was to flinch away: the sort of automatic reaction when one brushes against another accidentally.

Was that an accident? Or was she trying to do that? Keeping going here could lead me down much the same path as my father. It could dash any hope of the Hyuuga clan accepting me. But then again, if that were possible – if that had ever been on the table – it would have happened long ago. The clan elders themselves said that they hoped I would be shipped off to die in Iwa. In that world, why should I not do what I want? Why not follow the curse of all sons to become their fathers, and let the sins thereof pass into the next generation? If this were to work, we would need to hide our relationship, perhaps indefinitely. (Is that what I want?) Seeing each other would be an ordeal, for which we would always need a cover story. That said, such a thing might be bolstered if I were to leave the Hyuuga compound. For all the benefits of living there, I can do better than my small shack at the edge of the property.

Akito paused his train of thought. Plans could come later. For now, it was a beautiful night, out of Konoha, and away from the watchful eyes and wrathful hands which might wish them harm. I should- no, we should enjoy it while it lasts.

“I have been enjoying myself. For me, this is technically a short sabbatical from the University, and from my work as a shinobi. Still, I am expected to come back with something to show for it. I have been endeavoring to learn more about the world of elemental jutsu from people here. Additionally, I am trying to make some connections among the other Countries and Hidden Villages,” Akito paused for a moment. “It is not all work though. I have had plenty of relaxation as well. I sat in a hot tub with a pirate and a shark man. A chance encounter in a tea shop saw me meet two people with near the same name as me: an Akiko from Heart, and an Akihiko from Kumo. A successful vacation on all fronts.”

Avoiding her fingers was a mistake, but one that I have an opportunity to make right. As he spoke, Akito watched Inokara’s hand. As it swung slightly towards him, he reached out to touch her hand, curling his fingers around the edge of her palm. He held tight enough that it would be clear this was no accident, but not so tight as to keep her hand there if more than a modicum of resistance were applied.

Akito looked down at their hands, then up at Inokara as he finished speaking. A smile equal parts embarrassed and delighted spread across Akito’s face as his other hand reached around the back of his neck.

“Was that what you were hoping for?”
Last edited by Drak on Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Kabu » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pm

"I have two sisters, I'm the middle child separated from each by 5 years." Inokara responded to Akito's questioning, a bright smile coming to her face as she felt his hand grab her own. She hadn't missed that he had seemed a bit conflicted on the matter, not that she didn't understand why. She understood but it hadn't hurt any less when he had initially flinched away from her, not that she had let herself show it.

"Why, yes this is what I wanted. I was worried that you wouldn't notice." she spoke with a teasing, slightly sing song'y tone, her happiness very apparent. Despite her initial hurt she had swung back, her feelings of joy having swept away any negativity or bad feelings.

"In any case it sounds like you've been on quite the adventure and have been enjoying yourself quite thoroughly. Making connections is a very good thing that can help us to grow as people. It's even part of the reason I've been working at the cafe..." trailing off as she paused a moment. It was only a brief moment though before she nodded to herself. Right, the thought of telling him was still somewhat embarrassing but she had made up her mind. "Which reminds me I haven't told you about my dream yet, have I? I want to own a restaurant someday, a place where people can forget about their worries for just a little while. My own way of making people happy." She could tell that she was blushing as she spoke, she even tried to avert her eyes but she found herself instead occasionally glancing up at his face. There was of course more to said dream... but that much she was going to keep to herself. There was no way that she could tell HIM that part, especially not at a time like...
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Drak » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:54 pm

Akito grinned at Inokara. The tension and anxiety which had accumulated in him as he reached out for Inokara’s hand began to subside as he shifted his hand to interlace his fingers with hers.

I’m glad she was happy with that. It would have been embarrassing to say the least if I was wrong.

A series of ways in which grabbing for Inokara’s hand could have gone wrong began to play in Akito’s mind, but dissipated as soon as she began talking again.

“Your dream?” Akito filled in the pause. I wonder what it could be. To be Hokage? Or the leader of her clan? If she aspires to lead the Yamanaka she wouldn’t be holding my hand right now, would she be? She did say that her cafe job was a step towards her dream…

“A restaurant?” Akito asked with playful skepticism, looking off into the distance for a moment. His head snapped back around to face Inokara. “I see that for you. A little set restaurant on some small lane in Konoha. Serving tea and hayashi rice. Asking your regulars about their troubles.” Akito chuckled at his own mental image and squeezed Inokara's hand gently.

“Apologies if this is an insensitive question, but I cannot help but wonder: if your dream is to open a restaurant, then why did you become a ninja?”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Kabu » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 am

As Akito asked his question Inokara smiled, lightly shaking her head as she did. "In all honestly I've never really liked fighting or conflict but I was also a little girl who wanted to follow in the footsteps of her parents and elder sister. I wanted to become someone who could protect others just as they had. It wasn't until a few years later that I realized there were other means to achieve that goal. That was when I decided to start chasing my real dream..." she spoke, a thoughtful look crossing her face. "However I don't regret it by any means, my shinobi work has been doing wonders in expanding my social circle and giving me an outlet for my... temperament issues." she continued, blushing at her admittance to having something of a temper, something that had been plaguing her since she was a little girl despite her efforts in keeping it contained. It was Masami-Sensei and Aina that had finally drilled into her that bottling up her emotions, whether positive or negative, wasn't healthy. The pair had even helped her in coming up with healthy outlets so she didn't 'explode' as it were.

"Anyways that's enough about me. I want to hear about you. Any dreams? Hobbies? I want to hear about anything that you're comfortable telling me." she piped up, squeezing his hand as she turned the questioning back on him.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

Walks on the Beach?

Post by Drak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

About to chuckle at Inokara's comment about her temper, Akito's mouth got about halfway to being a smile when he remembered how Inokara had thrown a salt shaker at her coworker’s head. Realizing that her comment was likely not a jest, he adjusted his response accordingly, nodding along with what seemed a more serious revelation. His expression changed to a thoughtful one when Inokara turned her question on him.

“Me? I tend to be somewhat old fashioned as far as hobbies go: calligraphy, drawing, literature, poetry, shogi, go,” Akito replied after a moment. “I think that comes with growing up a Hyuuga. As for dreams…” His voice trailed off. “You may not know it from my face or name, but I am only half Hyuuga; on my father’s side. My mother came from outside the clan. I have spent my life trying to win acceptance from a clan that looked down on me for that fact. It is only recently that I have really begun to look outside the clan for that acceptance. I suppose you could say that my dream now is to find a path for myself outside of that which the Hyuuga clan lays out for most of its members. I do not know what that means quite yet: maybe the university, maybe more involvement in village politics, maybe trying to push the clan in more of an open direction.”

Again, Akito rested his free hand against the back of his neck. The somber expression which had taken over his face cracked into a smile that displayed some embarrassment and some melancholy.

“In a village as full of convictive dreamers as Konoha, it is almost embarrassing to have to admit the mutable nature of what I want.”

As the pair neared the end of the resort’s main road, the crowd began to thin out as bars and shops gave way to a quieter, more residential district. Akito stopped and looked around.

“I think it is mostly just houses from here on out. We can keep going, but might I suggest we go back along the main road, or maybe out onto the beach?”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Return to “Aroma Beach Event”