A good book on the beach

Ziv studies runes + Kit

Zao

A good book on the beach

Post by Zao » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:58 am

It was already around mid-morning, most of the early bird beach goers were already packing up their chairs and towels from the warm Aroma country beach sands to begin heading back for lunch as a short, white-haired youth walked along the boardwalk area. Under his left arm as a folding beach chair as over his right shoulder was a simple looking brown pack. His bright white hair seemed to almost shine in the bright sun of the nearing noon level sun above as he wore a simple blue and white t-shirt and matching pair of white trunks with a blue strip down the outside of either leg.

Quietly he mingled through the crowds of people that were coming and going, getting down to the beach and finding a spot of covered beach through a series of windsail like canopies that flapped gently in the constantly breeze that cooled the hot sand. The bit of shade was just what the youth with such pale skin needed in order not to turn into a lobster out here on the beach like a number of others were looking like today. Folding out his beach chair the boy plopped himself down in the canvas chair, tossing his feet up on the feet rest. Taking a few minutes to situate himself, Ziv brought out a few items from his pack: a bottle of water, a notebook with a pencil and pen attached to it, and lastly was another thick hard bound book. Several strange symbols that resembled fuuin markings covered the front of its cover as the boy put on a gentle smile and flipped open the book.

Inside the book that he'd tactically acquired from the school's upperclassman's library, without permission, was a book detailing the art of beginner rune crafting. The man flipped to the third chapter, having already learned a bit of the basics of the ancient runes, but after some experimentation with those he believed that he's basics were good enough to move on to the next. The study of runes dealt with learning the proper base application fuuin and then augmenting them with different chakra shape storage techniques to elicit a desired effect. But this required one to either know a certain technique or find someone willing to let you see and ultimately attempt to store their chakra to craft with.

Setting the open book down on his right leg the boy picked up his pencil and began to sketch the new fuuin that was displayed within the book, taking care to hit the precise details that were outlined in the example which was used to store a low level Iijutsu chakra shape within it. It seemed fairly simple in theory and after a few iterations, Ziv gave his nod of approval and turned back to the book beginning to flip to the next page.

475/400
Jutsu Trained

*[Ancient Rune: Iijutsu Storage]
D-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Scholar]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with an Iijjutsu Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune, and store the chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Iijutsu enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.
Last edited by Zao on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger - S-Rank

Saisuko Zao - Suna Missing-nin - Spirit Weapon Saint - S-Rank

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - Heart Country Assassin/Bounty Hunter - S-Rank

Aburame Hisato - Konoha Missing-nin - Cresent Coalition member - S-Rank

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Trusted Grader

A good book on the beach [Training]

Post by Trusted Grader » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 am

Tokato was out and about walking with Ran who had chosen to leave Ou back in Iwa, Amaya had chosen not to take the vacation as she felt like she needed to prep, Tokato on the other hand couldn't care less about official business right now, genma or not the boy wanted to experience Aroma country while he had the opportunity, he felt like his body was better adapted to this heat than it was the cold up in Rock Country, it was the second reason why the boy liked to dress up, but around these parts little man could rock his 3/4 pirate shorts and fresh kicks, he wore a white tank top and a cold little silver chain around his neck.

His dreads were dangling down past his chest level, while the sides were freshly tappered, for once he didn't freestyle but instead just grooved to the sounds of the country. The open lively music made the country feel far more welcoming than it should, the black shades hid his weary eyes as he was still struggling with the fact that a beast had been installed in his body, the stress was eating at the back of his mind, even though Otsukoki had remained silent for the time being, the others would've probably had full blown conversations by now but for some reason, the Order Genma was biding her time, she was judging the boy silently, and he felt it, everything was accounted for, every action weighed.

His heavy heart continued to entertain Ran's busy ramblings about how hot it was and how he was more used to the dry heat around the bedrock of Rock Country and not the humidness of Aroma. "You know, I think that's why a lot of people go crazy and do some dumb shit like betray their ally nation or some shit you know? It's the heat." Tokato just nodded and continued along the beachside, along the path he spotted a white-haired boy who was reading book, Really, out here when it's all warn?

"Got to be something exciting to keep you focused on a book when the sun is out." Tokato wasn't judging him the slightest, but was rather curious, who was this kid and why was he the only one currently taking his time to sit down and read when the rest were busy mingling and enjoying the sun. He stuck out in plenty of ways, from his hair, eyes, way he dressed and now acted. Is he a ninja? Ran could almost read Tokato's thoughts and just chuckled as he looked down on the boy.

"Bro, don't tell me you are reading instead of enjoying the sun, come on man." Ran joked around, Tokato on the other hand crouched down to get to eye level with the younger kid, from the looks of it he appeared to be a year or two younger, he had yet to hit puberty, which Tokato was had just started, which made him sound a little older and appear a little older as well, that or the Genma really affected him and kick-started it.

521/500
+1 Mastery
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:02 pm

The slender fingertips of the young boy reached down, taking the next page at the top right corner and turning the page as this next page wasn't another example like he'd just studied but instead began to break down the seal. Though he was studying the simplest version of the Ancient Runic seal, the self-titled Novice rune. Despite its rather unassuming name, it was actually crafted of a series of four separate fuuin inscriptions that merged together for form what Ziv called an array. It was this array that allowed other storage style fuuin to be merged with it to in turn create unique Runic Arrays that would elicit different effects based on the skill of the crafter and their access to different chakra types to form seals with. But it appeared that each different type of chakra shape one wanted to use required for the crafter to slightly alter the chakra shape storage technique to in turn become compatible with that unique chakra type, no matter the technique being used of that specific chakra shape.

'Rather ingenious, who ever developed these runes must have been a genius in the art of fuuinjutsu. To be able to comprehend this and then break it down to such a step-by-step level, I wish to have a chance to meet such a master in the future. ' Perhaps it was a bit of genetics at play, but the boy's father had the same drive to study and learn from the books and ancient scrolls found deep in the depths of the library. Who knew, but Ziv was actually having fun as he was using his left hand to draw and sketch different aspects of a fuuin seal based on his understanding of both storage and force fuuin. Using his understanding of these two things to alter the other storage seals he'd learned from studying the textbook to create his own unique seal for that specific chakra shape. "By moving that here and connecting those two smaller fuuin together, it should work, at least in theory." The boy was mumbling to himself in a whisper as he looked back and forth between the two items and had become a bit oblivious to his current surroundings as many people were walking around him heading back and forth to the beautiful ocean waters.

"Oh!" From the side of his chair, the sound of someone's voice that seemed directed towards him caused him to finally snap him back to reality as he looked up and almost jumped up from his chair. "Um, hello?" A bit confused as to why these two young men were approaching him or questioning his book reading habits, Ziv could only muster a simple but delayed greeting at first. "I'm taking a break from all this sun; I'm not use to this kind of heat where I'm from. But, um...do you mind take a few steps back? You're kind of to close, my friend." The person before him with his shades, long dreadlocks, white shirt, and chain was certainly something, it seemed every time the youth turned around in this place he met some other unique looking person.

455/400

Jutsu Trained

[Ancient Rune: Storage and Force Fuuin Storage]
D-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Scholar]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with a Storage or Force Fuuinjutsu Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune and store the chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Storage or Force Fuuinjutsu enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.
CharactersShow
Active

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - Heart Country Assassin/Bounty Hunter - S-Rank

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:17 am

Tokato was a bit shaken that it took the boy so long to react, Ran almost said something in the tune of him perhaps being slow but a shared eye contact between the host and his guard made sure that those words never left Ran's lips, instead he just shrugged. Tokato complied and took two steps back, he was still crouching as he stared into the boy's blues, Ziv would be able to see Tokato's left eyebrow slowly raise above the shades as a grin slowly grew on the host's face. He himself didn't feel any type of way about Ziv but Otsukoki on the other hand was beaming chakra through his stomach in hopes that Tokato would continue to investigate.

"You never answered the question friend. What are you reading?" Tokato sounded a bit dryer this time when he asked, Ran shrugged and just looked at the fly honeys that walked past them. If Ziv took his time to look around then he would notice that one of the Orphanage teachers was located not too far away from him, they were safeguarding the boy if anything crazy happened but for now, things seemed to be rather smooth. "Look man, this dude loves to read shit too so I guess if you really want him out of your hair just answer him." This was Ran when he was polite because there were plenty of gaps for him to either insult or curse, which Tokato appreciated because he didn't want to upset this new kid.

"Where are my manners, the name is Tokato, I was just asking because like my friend says, I kind of like reading books, and seeing as we are in a new country and all, I thought, what type of books do they have here you know?" Tokato rubbed his chin, he used the shades to sneak a look at his book and spotted text he had never seen before, but if his ninja training had taught him anything then it was that this boy was clearly someone special, he had no indications of what village he was from, his complexion told Tokato that he was from a colder location, which was pretty ironic because Tokato's would say that he was from a warmer country but still, it was the fact that he had mentioned that wasn't used to the heat.

What village could this kid be tied to? Or are you telling me that this kid has learned the art of ninjas? Tokato was jumping to conclusions which he himself knew he was doing so he instead just shook his head slightly, his dreads danced with the movement as another grin grew on the boy's face. "Is that Fuuinjutsu book? Where did you get your hands on one of those?" Tokato inspected the book a little and was intrigued by the design, he also inspected his notebook but didn't pay it much attention, no, he wanted to get to the bottom of why this boy was pulling the beast within him, heck he couldn't care less if this man was a rival or enemy for today he was just here to enjoy himself.

527/500 +1 mastery
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 pm

"Thanks." Ziv replied softly, setting himself up from his laid-back position as his left hand closed the notebook he was scribbling and doodling within, and the right hand did the same for the book of basic rune structures. Sitting up fully now, his books still in his laps the boy's legs were shifted off to either side of the lounge chair until his sandal-less feet touched the warm sand. Now that this newcomer had taken a few steps back, though still in an awkward crouched positioned the young one exhaled lightly, glancing down for a moment at the mention a second time of what he was reading just as he was about to answer the other one with the long-haired kid butted in, causing Ziv to pause and glance over at him, were shinobi this rude normally. Dismissing it for now the man looked over to the one who appeared interested in his book, anyone that held an interest in reading was probably someone that he could get alone with. "It's a book about basics of runic formations."

Leaving his attention on Takota, he set the books aside at the end of the long chair where his legs had previously been before he casually swung his left leg over the chair as both of his bare feet hit the sand he slowly stood up. Though do his rather short stature, he didn't appear to be much taller than the crouched shinobi before him. "I'm Ziv." He gave a polite smile, reaching out with his small right hand as a friendly greeting, unsure of what manners or traditions the other boy had, almost seemingly ignoring Ren on purpose at the moment. Perhaps it was a bit childish on the boy but something about him he didn't like and so he talked to people he felt he could get along with or those that appeared to have similar interests with himself. "Anyone who enjoys books would be welcomed company. I just arrived here yesterday, so I haven't had the chance to really browse the books at the bazaar area just yet, so I'm just reading one I brought alone with me for right now.

Ziv was studying the young man before him, thought he only knew his name the boy, despite being a shinobi, seemed rather friendly even considering his strange introduction of creeping up on the Sky Reach student. After retrieving back his hand, letting it come to a rest naturally at the right side of his body the white-haired kid replied. "Fuuin and Runic symbols have a very close relationship, from what I can tell, its why I'm so interested to study about them. This book I manage to get permission to take out of the library from my school after badgering my teacher for about two weeks straight." The last part of his words made the kid look down and to the left, his left hand rubbing the back of his shaggy hair, though he wasn't proud of his tactic it did allow him in the end to borrow this book from the academy library. He wondered if this shinobi held any interest in Fuuin, as well. It would at least give them something mutual to talk about.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Trusted Grader

A good book on the beach

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 pm

Tokato continued to listen to the boy and found it interesting that he had immediately found someone he would connect with, "The dude's name is Ran, don't mind his attitude, he doesn't seem to like the sun that much." Tokato chuckled whose reaction was to sigh and just look away, the boy turned his attention back to Ziv and continued to listen to Ziv go on about Fuuinjutsu. Tokato had heard about the ability to store fuuinjutsu inside of runes due to him learning the art of Storage Fuuinjutsu and Charge Fuuinjutsu, which left Tokato stunned when he heard that the kid was already on to higher levels of Fuuinjutsu.

"Boy ain't no fucking way." Tokato's eyebrows rose above his shades as he was truly shocked, Ran shrugged for he had no idea how advanced rune lore was. "Ey, do you get how advanced Rune knowledge is Ran? Or are you just a goon?" Tokato chuckled and dodged Ran's punch, both of them knew that if Ran truly wanted to strike the boy then he would've before the two of them would've even reacted to it. Instead Ran just smirked and nodded at Tokato. "You are getting better at dodging my ninja, keep it up."

Ran ignored the comment about Runes for he couldn't care less about them until he was forced to face a rune user, but what he missed was the fact that someone who had knowledge in Rune lore knew how to make weapons and armor far better than the standard gear that floated the world. This kid... He's either going to become a menace in the future or perhaps something great. Tokato didn't conjure up that thought on his own, no, that was Otsukoki pushing her will through the central nerve system that sparked a random thought to pop up in his head.

In fact, the second he figured out that the thought wasn't his originally the boy shivered, What the hell was that? That was his real thought, what was that indeed? The gut feeling kept on getting stronger as Ziv spoke so the boy stayed intrigued. "I see, you don't have to tell me where you came from, no sweat buddy, in fact, it might be better for now right? Considering we don't really know who's on who's side and all that bullfraga." Tokato chuckled as he shrugged, he slowly rose to a standing position and moved around so that he would be right next to Ziv but at around arm's length so the boy had his own space for Tokato didn't want to intimidate or make his new friend feel uncomfortable.

"What would you say your favorite study subject is? Because a kid reading about Runes has at least some Fuuinjutsu fundamental knowledge. Again, don't have to answer if you don't want to, feel no pressure." Tokato nodded as he crossed his arms and examined Ziv's notes, but only if he was allowed, which he gestured by pointing at the notes, and if Ziv was cool with it he would lean forward and read a little.

513/500 +1 Mastery
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

A good book on the beach

Post by Zao » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 am

"Hm?" Ziv paused as the youth nearest him interjected, cursing seemingly about something he'd said from a moment before when he was started to speak about fuuinjutsu and runic formations. Then the shinobi seemed to make some off hand jest at the older ninja who appeared to be following him around a chaperon of some sort like the teacher from his own house was doing for him and the other sky reach students. But Tokato
wasn't wrong, Rune knowledge was something that required a base knowledge of fuuin array patterns to build your understanding of them before studying the latter. Even though he was currently trying to do both.

Though what he hadn't expected was for the other man to lunge in striking out at the boy named Tokato, this caused for Ziv to instinctively take a quick step back to get out of the way even though the target obviously wasn't himself in the moment. But as the two conversed it seemed something between the two of them, perhaps just the older shinobi keeping the other on his toes or something.

The blue-eyed kid looked back and forth between Ren and Tokato for a moment, feeling slightly awkward as he looked down to his book taking it up in his hands as the genma host and his 'friend' finished exchanging words, thankful not true blows. "Might be better?" Ziv was a bit confused at the man's words, 'Who's side?' it was because his father hadn't fully disclosed to him the true state of the world with war seeming every evident in the future between his own homeland and Iwa. His father felt it best to keep such information from him, believing the less he knew about things happening there the less likely the boy would grow grand ideas of trying to help. No, he just wanted for his son to be safe and away from the danger for as long as possible, which was he had pushed the boy off to Ikanbi who took him to Sky Reach.

But it was the dark-haired boy's words that made Ziv begin to silently question this, perhaps he'd be able to squeeze some information out of his house teachers either here or back in Sky Reach. "I'm not sure what you mean, Tokato. But " Childish honesty, the white-haired boy spoke back to the ninja close to his age, thankfully the subject shifted from sides back to something the pair seemed to hold in common, an interest in arrays (fuuin). "Ah, well honestly, I want to be a crafter." A gentle smile formed on the boy's lips as he shifted his position so that his right shoulder was next to the boy's left should so that they were side-by-side, the book flipping open to a bookmarked page. "I once met a rune master, since then I've been trying to just understand them. Here look at this one."

The page he opened up to was that of an intermediate runic seal, though it appeared to be a single diagram those with a knowledge of arrays were able to start to break down the combination of twelve separate array inscriptions within the basic Apprentice rune. "This one is made up of twelve array patterns that make up its entire form, each linked to optimize the flow of chakra and creates a very stable foundation." Ziv couldn't even hid the geeky excitement in his slightly high-pitched voice at the moment speaking to Tokato, be he friend or foe, such boundaries didn't fully exist yet in the young kid's mind. That was probably still a hard lesson he needed to learn in life. The boy's tiny index finger running over parts of the seal formation as he spoke, glancing up to his new friend as he spoke.

630/300

*[Ancient Rune: Apprentice]
C-rank Ancient Rune Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Novice]
The next step to utilize Runes, the 'Apprentice' is able to embed up to C-rank Ninpou and Basic Elemental effects with up to [35] Control and any other subsequent stats into a Rune. A semi-permanent version of fuuinjutsu, previously shaped chakra can be placed into a rune and then embedded into an object, allowing for the effect to be retained by the weapon indefinitely. Unlike standard charge fuuin, Runes cannot be removed via fuuinjutsu removal, but are negated when the object is de-tempered. This technique cannot be performed in combat. The Apprentice must know the technique being embedded, or currently have it stored in another Rune.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Trusted Grader

A good book on the beach

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 am

Tokato couldn't say anything other than that he was impressed by Ziv's knowledge, would this man become a danger in the future or perhaps a good friend of his? Who knew, what he did know for certain was that he was down to listen to the kid speak, he had a half of mind to reveal to him that he was the host of a Genma but chose not to, so instead he just continued to inspect the writing, taking in as much information that he could, heck if it wasn't for the fact that he was here on vacation then he would certainly have studied with his new friend.

"You are full of surprises Ziv, shit, I might even say that you are smarter than Ran, hah." Tokato chuckled as he turned to face Ran who fortunately didn't hear that remark as he was busy checking on the women. "You a bright kid, perhaps you should really become a smith. Maybe you could upgrade my weapons or whatever." Ran rubbed his chin as he thought about upgrading Gold and Silver, perhaps adding Raiton and something else to them to make sure that he could make short work of his enemies.

"I mean, that's not a bad idea. We should help this kid set up his own business once he is ready, you already have 2 customers right here." Tokato chuckled, he placed his right hand behind his rear before jumping down his rump. The soft sand sunk as he made himself more comfortable, but he still kept his distance from Ziv who had already displayed that he enjoyed his personal space.

That's when Ziv started to explain how the runes worked, Ran was so lost immediately due to his lack the fundamental knowledge about Fuuinjutsu just focused on making sure that the kids were safe and that no one was staring at them too hard, and that was when he took notice of the old geezer keeping an eye out on Ziv. "Hang back kids, I'll be right back." Ran pushed his shades up and slowly began to approach the old man.

Tokato continued to listen and just waved Ran away, "Whoa, so you are saying by placing the fuuin in a specific array pattern we can make sure that the fuuinjutsu doesn't have to be refilled with specific chakra but still work with whatever effect has been placed upon the rune? Whoa!" Tokato was at a loss for words, from his understanding one would always have to refill the fuuin but if runes worked like that then they just needed to find a donor and then they could start creating weapons that the caster normally couldn't control.

Ran managed to sneak up on the old geezer and place Silver gently on his shoulder. "You know, peeping on children is illegal right you pervy fuck." The old man nearly jumped when Ran surprised him, he turned to face the soldier with a grin. "That right there is a student of mine, no need to alarm the old man." Ran looked at the old man and then at Ziv. "Let's see what that kid says about that, get up fucker." Ran still held his butterfly knife to his throat as they slowly began to make their way towards the kids.

"Ziv, do you know this creepy old fuck?"

558/500 +1 Mastery.
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

A good book on the beach

Post by Zao » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:14 pm

The comment about him being smarter than Ran caused him to subtlety glance over at the older man, at least older in regard to himself or his new friend, thankfully it appeared that the other shinobi with Tokato hadn't heard the prodding comment which was a relief to Zao as he just didn't like the vibe of the man at the moment. But after a moment the other man spoke a complement to him, which made the look down and smile gently, not understanding that the man was just speaking aloud while his real attention was on the couple of hotties that just ran by them down closer to the water in their nice two pieces. But it did get the young man thinking at least, perhaps if this really did turn out to be a love of his that he could do just that. Would that allow for him to stay out of the true struggles of the world and just enjoy his time looking for rare elements and materials to craft exotic weapons? What a dream. Though he understood that at the moment he was still just a basic student, so he put the idea in the back of his thoughts. "Your words are to kind, to reach such a level would take many years of studying and more years of apprenticeship under another Rune Master. But who knows?"

Ziv's eyes came back up to Tokato as he nodded, though he'd just met this young man he felt like someone he already knew as the two continued to converse, having not even taken notice that Ran had mentioned he was stepping away for a moment, nor had he seen that one of the chaperons from the school had been following him around, the boy really needed to work on his situational awareness if he wanted to continue down the path he was walking with thoughts of stepping out from the large shadow that his father left in his wake. "Well, according to the theory and my teachers at school, this type of inscription pattern, once applied becoming an almost permanent pattern. I'm sure you've seen, but with traditional fuuin, once created and charged, after its use the pattern normally is destroyed or disappears." Turning to look up at the fellow reading advocate, who was a bit taller than himself, as he spoke about the differences between traditional fuuin patterns and the inscription array patterns that could be found in Runic inscription. The latter of which was more powerful, but also more complicated to learn and inscribe on objects, thus leaving many to search out a rune master for help rather than attempt to understand and perform it themselves.

His slender fingers flipped a few pages forward in the old pages of the hard back book, a new pattern coming into view as Ziv brought his eyes back down upon it, this was an adapting of the traditional fuuin storage, but it was enhanced with unique runic array patterns that weren't part of the traditional fuuin group which created the unique storage seal capable to storing away specific kinds of elemental chakra. The one in question was an array that was capable of holding Katon based chakra. "Incredible, right!?" The excitement in the subject was easy to see and hear as the boy smiled, "This seal is specifically designed to capture and hold another's Katon based chakra, which the crafter can use with their own runic techniques to craft specialized seal. Though these seals are only good for one use." Ziv's left hand traced over the outline of the seal, his mind though was breaking the seal apart into its eight regular fuuin array patterns and the six runic array patterns, almost like deconstructing pieces of a full puzzle. "Or you have this one." The youth once more flipped to the next page that contained a nearly identical seal, one that many would have thought was a copy of the previous one, but he had already found three runic array seals and one fuuin inscription seal that were different, but this wasn't his first time reading through this book, either. "This one is used for Raiton based techniques."

"Huh?" The thread of conversation with Tokato was abruptly halted as Ran returned, knife at the neck of one of his schoolteachers, had he been watching over him this whole time without him even noticing? "Yes! That's one of my professors from my school!" Ziv nearly jumped when he saw the situation and immediately attempted to let the shinobi know who the old man was. Looking rapidly back and forth between Ran, Tokato, and the old man in that moment.

799/600 (300 each)

Jutsu Trained

*[Ancient Rune: Katon Storage]
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Apprentice]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with a Katon Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune and store the chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Katon enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.

[Ancient Rune: Raiton Storage]
Prerequisite: *[Ancient Rune: Apprentice]
Having learned how to utilize ancient runes, this user has also learned how to store and manipulate pre-existing chakra shapes. By generating the rune, the user can bring the Rune in contact with a Raiton Technique with less [Control] than the Rune was drawn with. This will absorb in the technique into the Rune and store the chakra for a later enchantment. This can only store enough for a single Raiton enchantment and must be done multiple times for more.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Trusted Grader

A good book on the beach

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 am

Ran was a bit taken back by the answer shared by Ziv and was quick to pull the knife away and pat the old man's collar, he would then nod towards where he was. "Scram ol' man" Ran pushed the old man then continued to focus on making sure that Tokato and Ziv were protected. Luckily none of the samurai had picked up on the action, or else Ran would've been forced to explain his actions. Tokato on the other hand continued to focus on Ziv and the lesson he shared with the kid, which was much appreciated.

Even though he knew how to manipulate fuuinjutsu, this entire lesson was way above his head and instead, he just listened, and asked the necessary questions so the kid before him could get through his training. Yeah, there's no way I will work my way up to becoming a smith. Tokato continued to nod as he listened in to the kid speak, part of him almost wanted to stop him and tell him to try to focus on something else but he knew better than to stop a fellow reader once they were on their way, so he would just continue to listen.

Tokato scratched the back of his head and felt how his fingers dug into the soft under fro and almost tangled himself in it as he increasingly got confused by the complex arrays and information that was being bombarded, he knew some but this stuff was too advanced for him but the kid was too deep now, he couldn't back out and instead just nodded and smiled as if he was truly getting all of it. I... I can barely read what the hell all of this means, I get what the outcome is but to make sense of all of this is insane, at such a young age too. Tokato was nothing but impressed.

"Man, I have got to be honest, I can barely keep up with the information you are laying on me bro, it's a bit much on such short notice, but I think I am getting the hang of it! But if it makes your training easier then you can go ahead and continue to explain it to me if you like. I'll try to keep up as best as I can." Tokato grinned but Ziv would be able to tell from his demeanor that it bothered him a bit that he wasn't able to fully comprehend how runes worked, that he would most likely never be able to fully grasp it nor be able to mess around with them himself, but what Ziv didn't know was that there was a reason for it, he couldn't spend all his time training something that he would probably never use, especially since he had to keep training his seal in order for the Genma stored within him to not rebel.

I can't have Otsukoki go bananas here, God only knows how long it would take for them to contain her if she did go loco. Another reason for his grin to grow faint, as concern started to take over his facial expression.

525/500 +1 Mastery
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Zao

A good book on the beach

Post by Zao » Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 pm

"Shew!" The boy had held his breath for a few moments, unsure of just what Ran was capable of, though he wondered if the teacher that was watching him was as uncapable as he was letting on, but thankfully the situation de-escalated as fast as it had started, and the older man was shoved away but didn't seem to have anything to say or make any additional actions. "Sorry, sensei." The youth couldn't help but tell the older man that he was sorry for involving him in this current action, but the old man didn't appear to hold anything against the younger shinobi and went about his way, probably to 'observe' the other beach goers, supposedly. With that under control, Ziv turned back to his new friend who began to scratch his head through his thick afro, before blatantly stating he could barely keep up with what the kid had been spouting off about the fuuin, ancient runes, and array patterns contained within both.

Ziv had been about to go on before Tokato's words, though at the end he expressed for him to continue that boy shook his head and gave a light smile, pulling his eyes away from the runic symbols on the page of the book he had already studied from front to back a number of times to reach the beginner level of understanding that he currently head. He shouldn't expect for those who had just heard about the information today to understand, nor should he push it onto another, perhaps it was even a bit boring for the other two shinobi, he really wasn't sure. But he knew that once he began talking about something he enjoyed that sometimes he could run off at the mouth, something his teachers and the guidance counselor had told him to work on.

Nodding to himself he changed the situation, something that one of his teachers had mentioned to him that he should allow others to speak more and just listen to them as much as he liked for others to listen to him babble on about things. "Sorry Tokato, sometimes I can't help myself. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself or your hobbies?" Perhaps it was him prying slightly, still not truly knowing the man or his older friend, but he understood that they were shinobi but that was about it. Maybe they were just like him? Who really knew, he'd have to wait for his new comrade to tell him, himself.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Aroma Beach Event”