Mission: The Thieving Magpie

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 am

The morning was cool with rain-flecked wind, and Mokuba Yamanaka, a gaunt man with flowing black robes and wiry gray hair stood below the light protection provided by the sparse branches and leaves in the tree above him, rubbing his hands together and looking miserable. It was about seven-thirty, and the sun had yet to show its face, hidden behind distant clouds or prominent mountain ranges.

Kaen would likely be approaching from the city, a two day's travel from the west, seeing as how Konoha would likely recognize the Suna missing nin (being allied with that village) and act hostile towards him. This assumption had been made by Mokuba, who impatiently glanced to the west from time to time, waiting for his partner in the mission.

He'd been working for Boss Don for almost 4 years, and had worked his way up in the thug ranks, earning respect and trust from Boss Don; he felt insulted that he was being paired with a missing nin who had yet to pay his dues. Mokuba was loyal to Boss Don, who he respected, but he wasn't expected to befriend the guy, and was looking forward to pushing his buttons as much and as often as he could get away with.

[Genin • KonohagakureArashi Raikou]
[Genin • KirigakureYukio Minami]

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:20 am

Kaen approached as stealthily as possible. Body flickering past tress and rocks to the meeting point where his partner would be waiting. He hated having to work with a partner and severely hoped that his lust would not over take him in the coming battle for he did not wish to kill his partner.

Kaen was a changing man and he hoped that by working with another human for the first time in a very long time he could keep changing. Though he thought it unlikely that he could actually change...he truly hoped he could. He approached the trees where his partner would be waiting. His urge for blood was already climbing through the roof. But he choked it down quickly before it could over take him.

He arrived at the meeting place to see the gray haired man standing there. "Hello...I am Kaen i suppose we will be working together on this mission." Kaen grinned a hellish grin and stared into the man's eyes. Almost peering into his soul. Testing his resolve with his own. Then he choked back his blood lust once more and held out his hand "Pleased to meet you I'm sure"

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Cold eyes met Kaen's, a stare empty but for the malice writhing below the surface of those blue orbs.
Those eyes glanced to the proffered hand, and thin white lips smirked.

"Yamanaka Mokuba. You'll have to earn my respect before I consider you a colleague worth greeting."
The man's voice was devoid of humor as he took a few steps away from Kaen, making a hand seal.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu." two clones bloomed into existence from thin air at either side of the man, who sat down against the thick roots of a relatively dry tree.

"I'm going to use a certain technique. These clones are to ensure you don't try any funny business."

The man took a scroll from the pocket of his robes, bit a finger, and smeared it against the parchment.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu." about 7 small birds appeared, standing around on the parchment, and then took to the sky with a flurry of wings and shed feathers. [Magpies].

(OOC: Click for link, up to you if your character knows what they are.)

(IC:)

"Almost done. Don't get impatient, killer," Mokuba said, looking up at his would-be comrade and recognizing the bloodlust in his eyes. His two clones would be able to protect his body easily, should the man lose control. Besides, as the self proclaimed strongest Yamanaka in the history of Konoha, it wouldn't take long for Mokuba to return to his body, even when his soul was split between seven tiny bodies.

"Shintenshin no Jutsu!" upon completing the necessary handseal, each of the birds suddenly banked in midair, heading east, and Mokuba's body went limp against the tree.

The two clones eyed Kaen suspiciously as the seven tiny birds made their way to the advancing group...
SpoilerShow
~Shintenshin no Jutsu [Mind Body Change Technique]

Shintenshin no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique originally used for spying. The ninja forms the needed handseals and then projects their spirit out of their body into their target. This can be another ninja or an animal. Unfortunately the spirit flies in a straight line at a slow speed. If the target moves and avoids the incoming spirit, the ninjas body falls lifeless until the spirit can find its way back to the body several minutes later. Because of the risk involved, the ninja must be very careful. When used in conjunction with a binding technique the chance of success greatly increases.

While inhabiting the body of their opponent, the target still remains in their mind but their mental processes are forced aside as the ninja takes control. However if the target has strong mental fortitude, they can overpower the intruder and force them out of their body. Also while in the body of their target, if the ninja takes sudden physical damage, their original body will be hurt as well.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 am

Kaen watched all this with an incredulous look on his face. He shook his head as the two clones watched him. Though the body laying in front of him was entirely enticing. He fought back his urges and sat down on a rock. "I guess I'll just wait here then"

Kaen drew the Hiken and began to inspect its blade. He smiled. It was keen and its serrated edges shone in the sun. He checked the fuel bladder it was full. He grinned. He was never a slacker. Don't worry beautiful...you will once again taste the sweet taste of flesh and blood...soon..very soon.

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Presently the man stirred and stood. He folded his arms over his chest, a troubled look crossing his face.

"It's odd...I was attempting to use genjutsu on them to make it easier for us to sieze the caravan, but they seemed unaffected...I don't like it. Anyway, if that tactic didn't work, lets -" the man's voice cut off mid-sentance and he grasped his throat, eyes bugging and pale face turning a nasty shade of scarlet. He clutched at his throat, annoyance and a hint of fear in his expression.

From behind the two men, the telltale whizzing sound of kunai and shuriken could be heard...and from the sound of it, a high number of weapons were being thrown; far too many for the caravan guard. Had their trap been turned against them? Were these missing-nin? The men didn't have much time to think about it...despite his lack of breath, Mokuba made a handseal and vanished. The two clones he had left behind burst into smoke as the first barrage of weapons struck.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:32 pm

"Fuck..." Was the only word Kaen got out before the man vanished and the heavy barrage of weapons followed. Kaen held up his Hiken and deflected as many of the projectiles as possible. He barred his teeth. He held up his blade with pride and vigor before sprinting off in the direction of the weapons. He didn't know where his partner was but he didn't really care either. He was on this mission and alone or not. He was going to complete it.

As he grew closer to the source the barrage became more and more heavy and his Hiken whipped around vigorously to keep the weapons at bay. He even drew his short dagger to aid him in his defense..and to prepare for battle when the time came. He grinned. Time to get this party started

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:11 pm

As Kaen moved closer to the trees, his enemy became visible.

A large man with a barrel chest and bulging biceps was kneeling in the darkness of the forest at one side of the path. He wore an open jounin vest and the weapons were gushing out in waves from a gaping hole in the center of his chest. A puppet, perhaps? The man looked human, though, and a Leaf headband was visible on his forehead. The blonde-headed man smirked and made a hand seal that Kaen recognized as an explosives activation. It was then that he noticed that many of the weapons that had fallen to the ground around him had exploding tags equipped to them. Fortunately for Kaen, he didn't have to do anything to escape the ensuing explosion; he felt cool, damp darkness suddenly encircle him and he was unharmed by the massive resulting explosion. Mokuba's familiar voice by his side in the darkness, raised to be heard over the noise.

"1 Leaf Jounin and 2 hunter-nin, on the other side of the path, hidden in the forest. They knew we were coming. I have a feeling this mission isn't a mission at all, but a set up by that asshole I called my boss. The caravan I sent those magpies to investigate was an illusion. There IS no caravan." Mokuba let these words sink in as the sound of explosions and flying rubble ceased. Another explosion rocked the ground beneath their feet, and hot air, smoke, and daylight poured into the barrier Mokuba had created. Dirt was flung against Kaen's face as the earth crumbled, defeated by the Jounin's explosions. "You take the weapon user! I've got the two hunters!" The man made a handseal and sank below the ground. The man in front of Kaen grunted and started making handseals. Evidently, he'd run out of ammunition.

OOC:

NEW OBJECTIVES

PASS
Kill your enemies

FAILURE
You are killed or apprehended

BONUS POINT
Mokuba Survives (He can then help you get revenge on the boss for selling you out, maybe that'll be your next mission if you do well in this one...)

Description time.

= == = = = =x = =
----------------o---------------
= = = = = = = = ==

x= jounin
o = you
= is the tree line
-- is the path.

okay so your character is standing in an earth dome. The side facing the jounin has ruptured and so you've got cover behind you and to both sides but none directly in front of you. Now go pwn some nubs :)

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Kaen smiled. Finally time for some fighting. Kaen rushed forward at his foe with immense quickness as he was running he released the fuel onto the Hiken he then slid the small dagger across the Hiken. sparks flew and his blade ignited. He grinned as the Hiken roared to life. Kaen rushed at the nin performing hand seals with the hope of slashing him to ribbons but not expecting too. So Kaen held his sword out in front of him and flooded it with chakra.

A cone of flame appeared in front Kaen as he rushed forward with immense speed. He hoped that this would at least interrupt the jutsu. He hoped more that it would run the ninja through.

Quote:
Tatsu Shikon Dragon Fang

Prerequisite: Hiken Must Be lit

Utilizing the Hiken and the Jakiken style the user will charge forward with extreme speed. The blade will be held out in front of them. stretched out much like a ramming spike. The flames of the Hiken will burst forth with the help of the users Chakjra. Creating a large cone of fire around the blade. The user will charge forward at immense sped and attempt to ram into the oponent. Even if they miss the flames bursting from the Hiken will probably burn the victim.

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:33 pm

The man completed his seals when Kaen was a mere few yards away. All around him, the scattered kunai appeared to come to life, rising into the air and connecting together, fusing to create a cage around Kaen. These metal bars covered every direction: Below, above, and to every side. Clearly the man didn't want to risk Kaen's rescue via Doton. Despite that foresight, the man sank back with a grunt of pain, followed by a panicked subdued whimper of agony. The flames had managed to singe his bare chest from a few feet away, and the smell of sizzling hair and flesh filled the air.

(OOC: Your character can probably break out of the cage easily enough now, considering that at the speed he was moving he probably slammed into the bars and weakened them slightly)

IC:

The man panted in pain and made a one handed seal, and then spoke in a heavy, authorative voice.

"Tonkyou Kaen, A-Rank Missing-nin from Sunagakure. My comrades and I have been charged with eliminating you. Lay down your weapon and maybe I'll make this quick." despite the pain that was evident in his voice, he spoke with amazing confidence. The man was clearly mentally unphazed by the wound and would fight fiercely until the end.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:41 am

Kaen grunted loudly as he slammed into the cage. He could feel the bars weaken severely from the shot. He laughed aloud his evil laughter as the smell of burning flesh filled his nostrils. He slashed horizontally three times with the Hiken in rapid succession. The bars shattered and fell. He smiled and stepped out of the cage. "Well my little friend I think its time you met my blade!" Kaen laughed manically before focusing chakra into the The Hiken, its flames leaped outwards. "Taste flames worm!"

Kaen roared and jumped into the air in front of the Jounin bringing down the blade with a mighty two handed swing.

Quote:
Jigoku Nami Hell's Wave

Prerequisite: Hiken must be lit

The user will jump high into the air and raise the Lit Hiken above his head as he falls to the gorund he will grab the Hiken with both hands pumping chakra into it. Once he hits the ground he will slash downward at the ground. When the blade is almost on the ground the user will release al lthe chakra they have been forcing into the blade making a blast of flame that travels towards the opponent.(Range:10 feet Size:8 feet tall 5 feet wide, NOTE: This jutsu will put out the Hiken regardless of when it was lit.

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:28 pm

The man made several quick handseals and pulled his open flak jacket to the sides. A deep, low murmur emerged from the hole in his chest and turned into a whine, similar to the noise a vacuum makes, and the advancing flame was drawn into that hole. The skin fused over the gap, and the man gave a loud burp as if he had indigestion. He raised his hand, an a dark dot appeared in his palm and widened. From that space a large fireball was hurled at Kaen.

"Ha! What a pathetic fire technique if my wind ninjutsu can stop it..."

From behind him, the metallic clang of kunais clashing could be heard, but the action wasn't close enough to deserve much attention yet.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Kaen Quickly dodged the fire ball and frowned. Wind ninjutsu eh? Kaen walked forward towards him putting the Hiken into its sheath on his back and drawing The Raimeiken from his hip. "Think fire is stoppable?....Try lightning on for size." The golden blade began to pulse with lightning. He laughed and closed the gap a little while talking to the nin "You really don't understand what it feels like being free of your village..being able to do what you please....kill who you please....its glorious really." Kaen held his blade above his head. He turned sideways and aimed for the nin's chest.

Quote:
Dowokoshitaken Ikki WanHypersonic Blade Stage One.

Prerequisite: Myakuken

Utilizing the Amatsuken style the user will position the blade above his head. He will place the blade tip in between the middle and ring finger of his secondary hand (In Kaen's Case Right). The user will be turned sideways the tip of the blade pointed at the target. The dominant hand gripping the handle of the blade held directly above the head. The right foot will be forward and the left back. The blade will be parallel with the users shoulders. Unlike most Amatsuken techniques this teqnique is meant to hit the oppoent. By focusing chakra into both the dominant hand and leg the user will charge forward at a great speed attempting to hit the opponent. However if it becomes clear he is going to miss the user will at the last possible moment place a lightning pulse through the blade. This ligthning is stronger than previous levels and will cause moderate burns on contact. However if contact is made with the blade the user will still put a pulse of ligthning out which will cause further injury to the opponent however it will burn the wound closed meaning no blood will be lost but will cause paralysis for 1 post in the affected area.( Range of forward dash is 5 feet.)

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 pm

"You're a sick bastard...You may find pleasure in senseless killing, but I'll take pleasure knowing that I've saved lives...by ending yours."

The man reached behind his back and pulled free a large double-bladed crescent axe. Its cruel blades gleamed in the sunlight as the jounin stepped closer to Kaen. He looked a bit surprised to see lightning on Kaen's blade, but didn't seem concerned. Even a missing-nin isn't stupid enough to use a technique with an elemental disadvantage...it may be a high level technique, like the one I used against his Fire technique. Maybe he wants some kind of petty revenge after I showed him up with a disadvantageous Jutsu? Well, whatever, my comrades are working their way over here as we sp eak...I can't lose. he thought to himself as Kaen advanced, but he attacked first.

"Winding Road!" he roared as he swung the axe from his right shoulder against the ground. A wide blade of compressed wind chakra shot towards Kaen from a close range with a natural advantage against lightning techniques.

The blonde man grinned with righteous anger as his Jutsu traveled towards the man with power, accuracy, and speed.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Kaen quickly dodged to the left of the wind blade. Being at such a close range he was able to dodge the vertical blade of wind with a simple side step. However this did interrupt his lunge. Kaen stepped back from the enemy and Smiled. I didn't think I'd have to do this so early but nonetheless it seems I must to bring this foe down

Kaen held the two blades in his hands. the Hiken in his left, the Raimeiken in his right. He grinned devilishly as the fuel from the small bladders on the Hiken's hilt seeped down the blade to the very tip. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to end this so I assist my comrade"
SpoilerShow
Quote:
Kouka Enjieru Ikki Wan Fallen Angel Stage One

Utiling the Kanjigokuken style the user will draw both swords. and hold them out to his sides. Almost in a show offish manner. He will release the oil on the Hiken as well as begin the pulsation of the Raimeiken. then he will slowly run the two blades together igniting the Hiken. he will then fall into the Kanjigokuken stance. The Hiken blazing and the Raimeiken pulsing. Kaen will then walk quickly dragging the hiken along the ground lightnig the grass on fire by his side as he goes. Then almost out of nowhere he will increase his speed drastically and begin to body flicker around the enemy leaving scorch marks wherever he stops. Kaen will then attack with an upward slash from the blazing Hiken as well as a sideswipe with the Pulsing Raimeiken. The slash from the Hiken will usually cause a block from below in order to stop the sword. This will leave the enemy open for the Raimeiken. If the Raimeiken connects it will cause a numbing sensation for 2 posts. If it does not connect the lightning will burst forth causing numbing for one post. Like the Amatsuken the blade will cut but no blood will be lost because the wound will be burnt shut.

Kaen Rushed forward with blinding speed he lowered the flaming Hiken. Just before he reached the ax wielding jounin He body flickered directly behind him and slashed upwards with the Hiken. Kaen also slashed vertically from the top with the Raimeiken (So basically the attack is happening in a scissor motion at your back at point blank range)

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:40 am

The man seemed unimpressed with Kaen's bravado, and lifted one blonde eyebrow, scrutinizing the missing-nin.

"Hey, now. You've got it all wrong. I'm the one who needs to end this so I can take care of that other asshole...as soon as I'm done with you."

The man's eyes narrowed and he hoisted the great axe up to chest height, pointing it at Kaen as he advanced. The man was close, but hadn't attacked yet, so the Leaf Jounin made a seal with one hand, and the axe's blade began to spin with a mechanical whir. Soon, the air around the blade began to shriek, and the axe glowed with a yellow aura. The high pitched squeal intensified and Kaen could feel an incredible pressure from the axe, whose spin began to send thousands of tiny, imperceptible blades at Kaen, each of which could slice to the bone. Another straightforward attack? But this one was different, because the pressure seemed to somehow weigh Kaen down, as if gravity had suddenly intensified and turned his muscles into lead. Simply sidestepping didn't seem to be an option this time...he'd have to think of something else to avoid the stream of wind pouring out of the vacuum created by the axe's movement.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:14 am

{OOC: Ok this is the second time in a row you have used a jutsu before mine the post after it...even if you are a mod/apprentice that is blatant godmodding. My post happens before yours in time. You cant make your character keep attacking before mine even though I am four feet away from you and the attack happens in seconds. It's just flat out unfair...not to whine but seriously. God modding even on a mission as an npc is bull.}

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:43 am

OOC: Well your descriptions aren't saying you're attacking. The way it reads to me is you're getting into a fighting stance. You have to be clear about your attack because from those descriptions I just assume you're lifting your swords up and making them glow :/

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:06 pm

OOC:
Quote:
Then almost out of nowhere he will increase his speed drastically and begin to body flicker around the enemy leaving scorch marks wherever he stops. Kaen will then attack with an upward slash from the blazing Hiken as well as a sideswipe with the Pulsing Raimeiken. The slash from the Hiken will usually cause a block from below in order to stop the sword. This will leave the enemy open for the Raimeiken. If the Raimeiken connects it will cause a numbing sensation for 2 posts. If it does not connect the lightning will burst forth causing numbing for one post. Like the Amatsuken the blade will cut but no blood will be lost because the wound will be burnt shut.
It says right there i am attacking...

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 pm

OOC: "Will Then," "Will Then," it seemed to me that it was a preperation for a Jutsu, and that was reinforced by the lack of attack description in the post. Anyway, clearly we're just having a misunderstanding, so edit your post to describe the attack with a bit more detail so i'll be better equipped to edit MY post to include a response. Fair enough?

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:26 pm

OOC: EDITED

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:38 pm

OOC: Rather than editing I'm just posting a response to the Jutsu I skipped.

IC:

The man's body split in two as the scissor attack cleaved him apart. Blood spurted from the man's sundered body as the two halves fell to the earth. The blonde man's blood soaked face stared up at Kaen, still wearing the defiant glare...he'd never seen it coming.

Now that Kaen was finished with the man, he could assist Mokuba. Sounds of battle were evident behind Kaen. Clashing steel could be heard as well as shouts of command...Mokuba was facing two hunter-nin...How was he faring?

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

{OOC: O_O}

Kaen reveled in the blood warming his face and skin and turned to where the sounds were coming from. He grunted and ran into the tree line behind him on the other side of the path of the downed jounin. Kaen listened for the sounds of battle and quickly located the trio. The Hiken blazed as he looked upon the battle between the three.

{OOC: Sorry kind of short}

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:11 pm

At some point in Mokuba's battle, he'd obtained two allies that moved with quick and powerful lunges and awkward strides. They almost looked like puppets, but Mokuba didn't appear to be in control of them. The man was a Yamanaka; it must have been some kind of advanced mind control. Whatever the case, his two allies were in far better shape than Mokuba was: Blood dripped from his forehead and mouth and he looked tired and stressed out. Clearly, he was not a man who enjoyed close combat.

"Kaen! The one with black hair uses genjutsu! The one with the scarf uses Fuuton!" This was all the time he had to speak because the masked hunter-nin with black hair began making handseals. Mokuba looked down, avoiding the genjutsu, but the man in the scarf began to glide forward at high speed, his toes just barely lifting off the ground. As he glided, he made a few quick seals in the moments where Mokuba's attention was elsewhere and with two graceful flicks of his wrist, sent two invisible blades of wind shrieking through the air. The men at Mokuba's side were silenced immediately in a shower of gore. It appeared he'd needed a lot of concentration to keep them under his control. Kaen noticed that they wore Leaf headbands. Clearly, these hunter-nin meant business if they could so mercilessly dispose of their own kind.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:48 am

Kaen growled. Situation looks pretty dire He thought. He turned to Mokuba "Do you think you can keep that gen user off my back. If you can i can handle Scarf boy over here." Kaen Readied his blades in preparation. He set his sights on the nin with the scarf that had just eliminated Mokuba's "companions" Kaen addressed him most kindly. "Look buddy I know you are just doing your job but I am very powerful and frankly I am not from Konoha...and you have no need to risk your life trying to capture me." Kaen finished his spiel while pumping chakra into both blades. He hoped the nin would hesitate a second. That'd be all he needed

Kaen awaited his answer. He hoped deeply that Mokuba a was in sufficient shape to hold off the gen user long enough that Kaen could wrap up this fuuton user and then move on to the gen. Kaen was good but not good enough to fight two shinobi at the same time. At least not two hunter nin. If Mokuba gets caught in a genjutsu the user will be vulnerable to attack while he is captured and will be an easy target i just have to take care of scarf boy first

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Mokuba breathed a sigh of relief. "That's perfect. The genjutsu user is no match for me. But I'm not able to keep up with the scarf guy's speed...that's your job," Mokuba grunted as the man with the scarf threw a kunai, which he attempted to block, but was rewarded for by receiving a nasty slice across his forearm.

"They're too smart to play by our terms. Scarfie knows that I can't match him in close combat and so they're going to work hard to ensure that we're at a disadvantage the whole time. I can't hit either of them with my Genjutsu, so I'm going to focus on using Douton to support you. It'll be your job to defend me, since without me they'll make quick work of you...anyway, they're about to move, so..."

Mokuba made a few quick handseals as the scarfed man streaked towards Kaen. A wall of earth rose up in his path, which the man vaulted over easily, but a gaping hole in the ground was waiting for him on the other side, and he couldn't avoid falling in. As the man did a high jump to exit the trap, Mokuba changed his held handseal, causing the earth around the scarfed man to close. "Now, Kaen!" he shouted as the black haired Genjutsu user made his way towards Mokuba.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Kaen nodded in acknowledgement to Mokuba and charged forward with blinding quickness The nin was trapped in earth so Kaen did not have time for anything spectacular. He held the Hiken out in front flames blazing. The Raimeiken trailed behind him loosely. Kaen stopped just shy of the trapped nin leting the flames travel forward without waiting to see the result he brought the Raimeiken over his head for a downward slash This was simply a distraction. As he brought down the Raimeiken Kaen used the Hiken like a pole vaulting stick bringing himself over the top of scarf boy. As soon as Kaen landed He slashed across the nin's chest with the Hiken followed closely by the Raimeiken.

SpoilerShow
Quote:
Kouka Enjieru Ikki FutatsuFallen Angel Stage Two

Prerequisite: Kouka Enjieru Ikki Wan

Kaen will focus more chakra into each of his blades speeding up the pulse of the Raimeiken as well as making the flames higher on the Hiken. He will then proceed to attack. The attack begins with a forward rushing stab with the Hiken stopping short the flames will continue forwards burning the opponent or distracting him from the next attack. Then leaving the Hiken out in front Kaen will jump forward lowering the hiken to the ground to perform an overhead downward slash with the Raimeiken. as the blade falls Kaen will push downward on the Hiken flipping himself over his enemy. the instant his feet hit the ground he will slash vertically across the oppoennts midsection with the Hiken the flames burning away regardless of wheter or not contact with the blade is made. Then he will follow that slash with the Raimeiken thunder pulsing through it if the blade connects it will cause parlysis and major pain for 2 posts if it misses it will cause moderate pain and numbing for 2 posts because of the lightning around the blade.

{OOC: Basically all the attacks except the first lunge are just distractions the back slash is what is supposed to hit. Both blades are horizontal at the scarf guy. Please forgive me i am still in the process of editing all of these jutsu...>_> they aren't even clear to me anymore.}

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:31 pm

((OOC: Yeah your jutsus are really confusing to me too but fortunately it doesn't matter much...))

As Kaen approached the ninja made a few handseals and senbon began to fire out of the ground at Kaen. He had apparently dropped them when he had fallen into the hole. They launched at Kaen with great speed.

However The blast of flame hit him in the chest and he sailed through the wall of earth, breaking it in half. He grunted and got back to his feet, a scorch mark on his chest armor. It was at that point that Kaen reached him. The downward slash was parried but Kaen quickly flipped over the scarfed man. Scarfie wasn't there when Kaen landed, though: He had used body flicker immediately as Kaen jumped. he made a few more hand seals and senbon fired through the opening in the wall at Kaen; he'd dropped some needles behind the wall, too.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Kaen easily deflected the senbon with his blades and targeted the scarf nin. "How ya holding up Mokuba?" asked with genuine concern in his voice. But he didn't wait for an answer He had scarf boy his sights and attacked him full speed both blades flared with chakra as Kaen began his assault

Quote:
Kimera KyoushuuChimera's Assault

Kaen will start this barrage by powering up the Hiken so the the flames are nearly lapping his forearms. He will then rush forward with nearly all his speed holding both blades out behind him ready for inward slashes. However he will stop before reaching His opponent and jump backwards slashing inwards with both blades sending bursts of their respective elements at the opponents front. He will then body flicker to the left side of the oppoenent and perform this same act. He will repeat the action a total of four times untill he is again standing in front of his enemy. However this happens extremly fast each attack on a side happens in about 2 seconds. Meaning the target will think they are being attacked from all sides and rapidly. Thsi requires a 2 post cooldown for Kaen because of the massive amount of energy he uses to travel that quickly. It will also put out the Hiken regardless of when it was lit.

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:30 pm

As Kaen rushed towards the man the first time, he made a seal and held it, watching with piercing blue eyes that barely showed through the hunter-nin mask, and right as Kaen stopped and attacked the first time, scarfie's body went rigid. After the attack, the figure of the scarfed man seemed to have been unharmed, but after a moment the image became transparent and the strange mirror-like image of the man vanished. There was sudden silence...Mokuba's fight had evidently concluded. Kaen could hear running then, from behind him, very rapid footsteps on the battlescarred ground. The violent sound of air being displaced by a blade could be heard suddenly.

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Kaen frowned as his attack seemed to have no effect. Then he heard the whistling of a blade behind him. Having exerted a large amount of energy to use his last jutsu Kaen did the only thing he possibly could. He hit the deck. Kaen dove into the dirt and rolled over to his back. He held both blades in a protective shield across his body. He gritted his teeth and braced for impact. He felt entirely spent as he lay in the dirt. he also felt a genuine anguish for Mokuba who had apparently lost his side of the duel. It was at that moment in the dirt that Kaen made a silent vow to himself. He vowed to change his ways.

Kaen let loose another oil bladder on the Hiken just in case and awaited the coming blade.

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:04 am

The scarfed man panted heavily as his blade missed, but he recovered quickly and dashed back a few steps. When he paused he panted heavily: clearly that defensive technique had been as draining, if not more considering his light and agile body, than Kaen's attack Jutsu.

There was a voice, then, from behind Kaen.

"Kaen! Stay down!" the scarfed man had thrown something with a subtle movement of his wrist; Mokuba had seen it though, and a spherical ball of mud passed over Kaen where he lay prone on the ground and seemed to hit something invisible; but the light that fell from between the overhead branches lit two senbon thrown close together that had been difficult to see in the dim light. They almost surely would have pierced a vital spot in Kaen's body, since he was weakened and vulnerable, had Mokuba not survived his fight.

"Shit..." the man in the scarf spoke for the first time and made a hand seal, but from the ground rose a fist composed of mud that crushed the man's fist. Bones could be heard breaking and he let out a shriek of agony as the hand dragged him to the ground, and several smaller hands emerged from the soft earth, stone fingernails pressing against his body until he screamed again and his skin was punctured by a hundred sharp fingers that quickly eviscerated the man. In only a few bloody seconds the man had been butchered beyond recognition.

Mokuba sighed with the relief of unconsciousness and his limp body fell to Kaen's side.

The clearing was silent. Only Kaen's heartbeat remained.

((OOC: You win. But JC your jutsus are confusing o_O anyway since your character seems to want to turn over a leaf ill let this continue for a bit for RP purposes if you wish. And if you want the bonus point you should continue anyway.))

Sparx

Post by Sparx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 am

Kaen heaved a heavy sigh and sat up quickly. He jumped to his feet in readiness for any other attackers. Kaen was unsure as to whether or not there were more assailants. Then he Turned to Mokuba. He grinned slightly the old boy passed out from exertion. Kaen sheathed his swords and grabbed the man. He tossed Mokuba over his shoulder and sped off down the trail away from Konoha Don't worry old man...I'll watch your back till you come to

Event Points = 8

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 am

Hidden eyes tracked Kaen's progress through the forest.

"Boss...Umatsu and Takahara were defeated. He's on his way to the city. Yamanaka's still alive."

The voice in the forest paused, listening to some distant command, and gave a grunt of confirmation before vanishing into thin air.

~~~

Later on, after Mokuba had recovered slightly, he was able to give Kaen directions to his boss's headquarters and despite pite his grouchiness and pride, he actually thanked the missing-nin with a look of discomfort.
It seemed that things were changing...but it was up to Kaen to decide in which direction he'd follow the change.

((Mission accomplished.))
((Bonus objective accomplished. 1 additional point acquired.))
((If you want to continue this mini story arc just post a mission request and I'll get around to it.))

Return to “Fire Country”