[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:12 am

Mission ScrollShow
Rank C
For Desired Participants Aizawa, Yoru & Inuzuka, Kazuo for Mamorinuku
From Kairo, Shiz of Waterfall Country
Requesting that her caravan trading company from waterfall country are stuck in a landslide north of the fire country between the border of Rock, Waterfall & Fire countries in slaver ravine. This ravine is loaded with with Rock country slavers and bandits. You will be given a shovel each and need to dig through the landslide and free the caravan and bring them to a trading outpost.
Time Limit for Mission N/A
The sky was grey and engulfed with clouds, however it was warm and humid. The young jounin that went by the name of Aizawa, Yoru, his long flowing hair ever so damp with sweat from the heat. He mopped his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt and dried it on his trousers. He sighed loudly, he was bored out of his brains waiting at the trading outpost to collect this weeks supplies. He was leaning on the guard stall just by the front gate of the walled outpost, when suddenly a young girl covered in dirt and sweat came running through the gates.

One of the guards immediately stood up asking to see papers “I, I don’t have any.” She cried loudly “Please, my father has the trading papers but he’s out in slavers ravine!” she started to blub, tears streaming down her face “There was a slide, a rock slide our entire caravan is stuck.” Yoru stepped forward and placed his hand on the guards shoulder “I’ll deal with this.” He said in an authoritative tone. The guard was about to protest, but Yoru simply glared at him and he backed off heading back to his post.

He sat the young woman down, pulled out a scroll and got the relevant information to map out the task in hand. He’d need to go to the ravine, free the caravan and bring them back to this outpost. Shouldn’t be too hard, however the ravine was made out like a maze and flooded with slavers and bandits. Yoru put out a notice that he was looking for someone with basic tracking abilities so they could find the caravan easier. He wrote out the mission and stated that he’d be waiting at the outpost for whoever arrived, he went to a small hut with carrier pidgeons amd attached it to the leg of one of them and sent it on it's way to Konoha to Mamorinuku HQ where one of his teamates would recieve it. He hoped whoever it was, would arrive soon.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:31 am

The great forest that surrounded the Village Hidden in the Leaves was quiet and nothing was trying to poke its nose in where it didn't belong. The peace meant good things for Konoha's citizens; but it also meant it had been a slow week for missions with Mamorinuku. Kazuo was starting to get antsy. There were only so many times he could patrol the forests with nothing exciting happening. So, with desperate times came desperate measures. Such measures brought him to the Academy, more specifically to the mission assignment desk. He was desperately hoping there was something interesting left and not just a bunch of crappy D-Ranks that wouldn't even be worth wasting time on. He had done enough of those bloody things as a kid; he certainly wasn't doing more now that he was a Chuunin.

Thankfully there was a mission request for a tracker that had shown up by messenger hawk that very morning. The Inuzuka was practically salivating at the chance to put his skills to work on something other than guarding the forest, and took the mission in a heartbeat. Thus was the series of events that led to a young man and his ninja dog travelling across the great branch highway that was the bloody big trees of the Konoha forest. By this point he knew this particular part of the forest like the back of his hand. He hadn't actually ever left the forest, so he had no idea what the outpost was like, and he had no idea who the Jounin was that he was looking for, but those were little details.

Kazu was a man that thought about the big picture.

Like curing his boredom.
Coming into the outpost, Kazuo looked this way and that, taking in the sights, sniffing at the air to taste the new smells and listening to the crowds of merchants looking to sell their wares to the great Konoha. Konoha didn't see many merchants anymore, not since the invasion, so it was a strange and wonderful thing to see so many new faces. Koji however was the complete opposite, his hackles were raised and he was constantly on alert, as if they were about to be attacked by all these strangers at once.

He had a rough idea of where Konoha kept its 'station' in the outpost; he had studied maps of all the outposts as part of his training with Mamorinuku. That was where the messenger birds were kept and Jounin could rest up when they were gathering supplies, so it was the most likely place to find the Jounin he was looking for. It didn't take long to find it. Kazu pushed the door open and raised his voice a little. "Yo! I'm looking for Yoru!"
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 am

Yoru sat at a desk with a large orange juice, he wrapped his fingers in a rhythmic pattern on the desk while he waited for the konoha shinobi that would soon be on their way. He picked up his large glass of orange juice, placed it to his lips and took a large gulp of the refreshing drink. He wouldn’t have too much time to wait around, for all he knew the caravan was already taken.

He looked up with delight as a young chuunin came walking through the door declaring he was looking for Yoru. He waved and stood up from his seat “Hey, yeah I’m Yoru.” He picked up his drink and down it quickly with a few large gulps. He moved forward and offered his hand to be shaken, if it was taken he’d notice he was grip was firm, perhaps a little too firm.

Yoru looked at the dog and made a kissing noise “Hello.” He said in a high pitched, cooing voice, if the dog allowed it he’d scratch it behind the ear “What’s his name?” he asked with interest. He liked to know every member of the team he was working with and understood that this dog would be an integral part of their tracking.

His tone however now turned a little more serious “You have read the mission briefing correct, I’ll go over it again if I need to but I’d rather not.” He looked down at the dog again “Will it need a scent to follow, the young daughter of the trader leader here, her scent should be good enough right?” he questioned, he didn’t know exactly what he and the dog would need.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Kazuo had to admit, there was a small part of him that was incredibly happy when he realized he was taller than the Jounin when the man stood up to greet them. The Inuzuka took the man's hand and arched an eyebrow at the firm grip, squeezing back just as firmly. "Kazu-" Before he had a chance to finish, Yoru was already turning his attention to Koji. Kazuo cut himself off when he realized just what Yoru was planning with the kissing noises and when his voice was pitched a few octaves higher than normal, like he was addressing a baby or young child. The Inuzuka levelled the Jounin a feral smirk and simply sat back and waited for the chaos to ensue.

The second Yoru's hand came in range of Koji, who had been giving the man a blank stare up until that moment, the dog snapped out, teeth flashing white, as he went to clamp down on the Jounin's hand. Really, the man had it coming. Would he address a fellow ninja with such an attitude? Anyone with half a brain knew the Inuzuka ninken weren't to be trifled with and were every bit as much a shinobi as the Inuzuka themselves. "That," Kazuo began again with a low, unimpressed tone, "is Koji. And I'm Inuzuka Kazuo."

He nodded once when Yoru brought up the mission. "No need to go over it again. Little girl's family caravan is stuck in a landslide; area is full of all kinds of nasty folk. We go in, get them out, job done." Again with the patronizing, Kazuo scowled and shook his head. "It is a he. And he won't be doing the tracking. I will." Despite Koji's recent growth spurt, Kazuo still had the better knack for tracking. Koji simply didn't have the patience for it unless it was related to food. "And yes, a scent would help. Where is this girl?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:35 am

Yoru glared at the dog as it went for his hand, and moved it out the as it attempted to clamp down on it. He was surprised that highly trained animal like an Inuzuka dog would go to attack a comrade of Konoha. It seemed to Yoru that this dog was full of emotions and perhaps still young, he’d of understood if it would of growled to give a bit of a warning but it went straight for the clamp. It was even more apparent the dog was untrained when Kazuo revealed that he dog wasn’t capable of tracking. Yoru’s own sensei had descended from an Inuzuka or at least that’s what he’d said and his own wolf was much calmer and a lot more trained.

He rolled his eyes at the Inuzuka’s tone it was apparent that this mission was going to be rather dull, he got a little bored of vast collection of serious shinobi who were incapable of cracking a smile and he had a feeling that this guy was going to be one of those. He waved as a gesture for the pair to follow him. He walked through the small trading outpost to where the woman was resting, she was in a small hut and was drinking tea for her nerves.

“Sorry to disturb you ma’am, but my comrade here needs to sniff you.” Her eyes widened with shock “WHAT?” he chuckled “Don’t worry he will use your scent and follow your trail back to the caravan.” He gestured for him to do what he needed “We should go as soon as possible, I’ll allow you to take the lead alright?”

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:06 am

Kazu rolled his eyes right back when Yoru made the same motion. Honestly, how would he like it if someone got up in his face and starting making baby noises? Kazu looked at Koji and winked, offering the dog a thumbs-up when Yoru started to lead the way out. No matter which way you looked at it, this guy was seriously patronizing them just because they were Chuunin and not Jounin. Following the man through the tradining outpost, Kazu started to get a feel for his scent, focusing on it, making sure he had it down pat, and motioned for Koji to do the same. It was harder to do in a crowded area like this one but that made sure that it'd be that much easier to keep track of when out in the wilderness.

Coming into the hut, he snorted in laughter at the girl's reaction. Kneeling down in front of the girl he offered a smile and a wink. "You know us ninja, we've got all kinds of crazy powers. I'm boring though. I'm just a glorified bloodhound." Even while he was speaking, Kazuo was taking in her scent. He didn't need to get right up in her face, hell he probably could have done it from across the room. The mixture of dirt and sweat intermingled with her own natural scent to create a unique blend that was distinctly hers. It would be hard to lose. He grinned and nodded. "All done. Don't worry; we'll have your dad here in no time."

Standing up, he gave the girl a wave and made his way out of the hut, Yoru in his wake. He glanced down to Koji, who had indeed been waiting on the other side of the room and followed them out. "You get that scent too buddy?" The dog barked once, and Kazu grinned. "Atta boy." They made their way out of the outpost and Kazuo immediately closed his eyes for a moment and focused on his nose and the scents that lingered in the air. There were dozens of them, some fresh, some days old. It took him a minute to sort through them all but he finally got a hold of hers. It was a few hours old but that didn't matter much at the moment.

"Alrighty then, Yoru-senpai. We're heading in this direction!" With that, Kazuo took off at a jog in the direction of the ravine, making sure to follow the scent trail. He could have gone to the ravine first and tried to pick up the scent here, but it was simply easier to follow it from the start to ensure he didn't forget it.
SpoilerShow
Canine Focus • Scent
C-Rank Taijutsu
Concentrating on their inherited senses and the training they receive, the user becomes more acutely able to smell the area around them and is able to achieve canine levels of tracking capability. More specifically however the user also becomes more able to refine scents they intake, being able to pick the scent of blood or fire out of the matrixes of smells made by a forest or a building. This requires focus to initially begin and if interrupted it tends to confuse the senses but once it has begun it is active until the user ceases focusing on it. Because of the mental faculty needed to keep this in mind, the user suffers -1 Wit until it is deactivated and they also become more vulnerable to anything that attacks the sense of smell.

Tracking • Faint Scent
C-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Canine Focus • Scent Active
Inhaling deeply of a specific scent and focusing on it for a post, the user becomes able to track this scent over great distances. Faint scents are the layered, complicated scents such as sweat, sparks, treated wood and oftentimes are hard to distinguish even for canines. During the tracking of these scents it is often hard for users to focus on other things and they can lose the scent often if they aren't focused on it, requiring at least they do not engage in combat during it. Targets must have been standing in the area the user begins tracking them for at least a post or a scenting object such as a personal object must be used to begin tracking. Water, wind and strong scents do not inhibit this level of tracking individually, but when used together they will block scent.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:46 am

He watched as the young chuunin seemed to put the young woman at ease, he nodded rather impressed. He seemed like a straightlaced guy but seemed to be capable of dropping the serious attitude when needed. Yoru didn’t interrupt he allowed them to collect the scent and do whatever they needed, the dog barked excitedly and the pair took off, he followed closely. His eyes rolled and he grimaced at the thought of been called senpai “Honestly, just Yoru is fine.” He was a very casual man and didn’t really formal terms, especially when they weren’t needed. He turned to the young woman just before they went “We’ll be back soon.” And with that they were gone.

The trio jogged at a steady pace towards slaver ravine, he was glad that he had a decent tracker with him otherwise it was likely they’d get lost in the maze that made up the ravine. “Have you been to slaver ravine before?” he asked with curiosity. They followed a road, getting to the ravine wasn’t an issue it was once they were there what would be the trouble. The road had tree’s either side of it, his gaze followed them checking for anything or anyone attempting to surprise them. However he’d not seen anything as of yet. “I’ll let you set the pace alright?” he didn’t know how slow or how fast Kazu was, so it would be easier if he set it.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:35 am

"Whatever you say, Yoru-senpai." There was a teasing lilt to his voice and a cheeky grin on his face as he said it, glancing across to the Jounin with a shrug. "And nah, I've never been to slaver ravine. Makes you wonder though, did it get named that because of the slavers? Or did it have another name before and slaver ravine is just like a nickname." He made sure to keep his pace at something Koji could keep up with. Once he was a little older it wouldn’t be a problem but for right now the dog's age limited how much he could train and how strong he could get.

Kazu was only half paying attention to the scent, ensuring he kept it but not really actively tracking it, and let Koji go ahead a little in order to follow the scent more actively. The dog was as good a tracker as Kazuo, really, but he just didn't have the patience for following a trail for a long period of time. This was Kazu's way of trying to use this mission as a training exercise for Koji at the same time. He turned his attention more to Yoru and gave the man a once over. "So, you got stuck on collection duty huh? That's gotta suck." He knew all about collection duty from his studies under Rai and Kawa. Thankfully it seemed to be a Jounin only mission. He wouldn't have to worry about it for a while yet.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:27 am

His eyes narrowed as Kazu continued to call him Senpai “Oi, just Yoru! Though Yoru the Great is fine.” He said with a soft chuckle and offered a grin back as they made their way towards the ravine “I think it may have had another name before, but it’s definatly because of all the slavers it’s the entrance way from the rock country to the fire country so all the slavers pass through it.” He said with a nod “It’s built up like a maze, I’ve only been once before. I’m glad your with me, I don’t think I’d be able to make it through alone.” He said honestly, this place was designed for tracker and sensor nin or those who know the passages.

He rolled his eyes as Kazu asked about collection duty “Yup, it’s a drag. I don’t know why we can’t just let the traders come to us. We’ve never had an issue with traders really before. Just a waste of money and resources.” He said with a huff and a puff. Out in the distance was Slaver Ravine and just as Yoru said it was a naturally created maze placed inside a mountain “There are secret passages the slavers use to get around quickly, so be wary at all times.Take the lead, I don’t have a clue where to go.” He admitted.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Kazuo nodded at Yoru's warning of slavers lying in wait. "I'll focus on following our girl's trail. Koji will keep a nose out for anyone looking to perform unspeakable acts of violence upon us, won't ya bud?" The dog barked in agreement. "Alright then. Time to get paid." The Inuzuka closed his eyes, they were at the entrance to the ravine now, and took in a deep breath, honing his senses on the scent he had picked up from the girl. Thankfully a place like this didn't see much traffic so her lingering scent was easy enough to pick up and start following. "Her trail leads this way."

He started off at a slight run; now that they were here he didn't want to leave the poor bugger who had gotten trapped out here any longer than necessary. It wasn't a safe place to be and he got all sorts of bad vibes from the place; there was a lingering scent of blood and sweat that seemed to saturate the very walls of the maze-like ravine. While he ran, Koji would trot along beside him, ignoring the scent of the girl and focusing on picking up any other human scents in the area that didn't belong to his master or the red-haired Jounin.
TechniquesShow
Canine Focus • Scent
C-Rank Taijutsu
Concentrating on their inherited senses and the training they receive, the user becomes more acutely able to smell the area around them and is able to achieve canine levels of tracking capability. More specifically however the user also becomes more able to refine scents they intake, being able to pick the scent of blood or fire out of the matrixes of smells made by a forest or a building. This requires focus to initially begin and if interrupted it tends to confuse the senses but once it has begun it is active until the user ceases focusing on it. Because of the mental faculty needed to keep this in mind, the user suffers -1 Wit until it is deactivated and they also become more vulnerable to anything that attacks the sense of smell.

Tracking • Baseline Scent
D-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Canine Focus • Scent Active
By focusing on a residual scent that has pooled in the area, the user becomes able to track this scent over great distances. Residual scents are those that are slightly more intense than the natural scent of the area and are most common in light but unbandaged wounds, burnt or seared clothes and the like. Users must focus on these scents but are able to perform other actions during the tracking without sacrificing any speed or dexterity, only requiring some time between movements to regain the scent. Targets must have been standing in the area the user begins tracking for at least a post or a scenting object must be used such as a personal belonging. This can be used to track through other odors but high winds or going through water will lose the scent. Very strong odors, or areas dense in various scents make things a little more complicated and result in either taking more concentration or plain losing the scent.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:05 am

Yoru smiled at the relationship between the dog and it’s owner, though perhaps owner was the wrong term. They seemed to be real comrades and had a shared respect, it was nice to see. He watched as the young Inuzuka closed his eyes and seemed to be smelling the air. He tried to keep as quiet as possible and allow him to concentrate. Once Kazu seemed happy they set off running, Yoru bound behind him staying as close as he needed.

They began bobbing and weaving the maze made of rock ahead of them, he wondered how anyone ever remembered their way out and how the traders seemed to make this trip on quite a regular basis. There must be a trick to it, Yoru hoped to figure it out one day.

Around fifty yards ahead of the trio, was a group of slavers crawling across the ridges watching them. There were about five in total, all of a generic slaver appearance. They were carrying shackles and whips, they however were unlikely to be heavily trained many of the slavers were regular joes but some now and again were missing ninja. Yoru hadn’t detected them yet, but how would he, he couldn’t see or hear them.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:17 pm

His first indicator that trouble was ahead was the subtle growl in the back of Koji's throat; it was a signal to pay attention to the other scents in the area without giving away their position by barking. Kazuo quickly broadened his focus, making sure to keep a hold of the girl's scent, but seeking out any others in the area. "Yoru," Kazuo said, keeping his voice down and holding up a hand to signal a halt to their progress. "Koji's got a couple scents. We're getting four-" a nudge against his leg, "Ah, you're right, five different scents." They were still a ways off, the only reason they had picked them up this early was because the wind was in their favour. "It's hard to tell just where they are, these caverns make detecting distance a pain. But I know they are ahead of us."

Kazuo's attention was drawn to koji, who was nosing around the edge of the wall, specifically a narrow opening. Kazuo followed the dog and sniffed at the opening. "Fresh air?" If it was a cave the air would be stale. Perhaps it was one of those secret tunnels the slavers like to use? He turned his attention back to Yoru, a questioning look on his face. "We can follow the path down and run into those guys up ahead or we can take this. I have no idea where it leads but the air is fresh so it must be a tunnel to somewhere." The only problem was keeping on the girl's trail. He had a good read on it now though; he could pick it up again on the other end. "Up to you."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:29 am

Yoru looked up as Kazuo said his name, a smile crept across his face as he didn’t add senpai to the end of it. However this smile was quickly washed away as he saw his hand was raised and they had detected five people. Yoru stood perfectly still in place trying to scope out the area see if he could find them with his eyes. He was informed they were ahead of him, he simply nodded.

Then a choice was offered they could go into a cave or head on the path they were on “Trouble is do we know where this tunnel leads to?” he questioned “A tunnel inside a maze doesn’t sound a good idea, it could go on for ages.” He sighed and tapped his foot on the floor trying to make a decision “I think we should follow the trail we are on, there are lives at stake. If this trader is trapped he might not have long, I don’t think we can risk the cave.” He nodded, he made his decision however it didn’t end there “We are a team though, what do you think we should do?” he asked with interest.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 pm

"I mean," Kazu started with a shrug, looking away from the tunnel entrance and walking back towards Yoru and the original path, "if you think we can take them, sure." Let it not be said that Inuzuka Kazuo was one to run from a fight. "Just try not to spill too much blood, okay? It'll screw with my sense of smell, make tracking the girl's scent that much harder." As he finished his sentence he stopped to think about that particular statement and what it said about him. He wasn't overly concerned with drawling blood because it'd hurt whoever was in their way, he was concerned because it'd make his life more difficult. Huh. Shaking his head to clear the thoughts and started back on the original trail, motioning for Koji to follow with a beckoning of his fingers. "Well, looks like we're off to kick some ass and take some names."

Of course, this was all assuming that the group of five scents were actually hostile. He couldn't see them yet so he had no clue if they were simply traders and not slavers. But he couldn't smell any horses or donkeys that would be carrying their goods, so… call it a safe assumption they were about to be in for a fight. He made sure to keep his nose out, tracking the scent, using how potent it was as a determining factor of how close they were. When they were just around the bend from the group, Kazuo would hold a hand to his lips to signal for silence and then close his eyes, focusing all of his concentration of his hearing. Their scents were mingled, so it was difficult to pinpoint exact locations, but he could hear them move from this distance with relative ease.

A shuffling of feet here, the jangling of chains there, the heavy breathing of one them and a choking, phlegm filled cough of another, it was all serving to paint a vivid picture in Kazuo's head of what he was about to walk into. He used rough hand signals to tell Yoru what he was hearing. Two on the left of the canyon, one of them was smoking, three on the right. Looking to Koji, he nodded to the dog and he started to gather chakra, Kazuo making a set of hand seals. Within a second the dog was gone and another Kazuo was standing in its place.

Kazuo shrugged and waved for Yoru to take the lead, mouthing 'After You.'
Kazuo TechniquesShow
Listening • Distinct Sounds
C-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Canine Focus • Sound
A more in-depth technique than others like it requiring a single post of focus, the user mentally takes in and registers the default sounds of an area; Creaking on a boat, wind against walls, their own breathing and other sounds one would expect. When done focusing on them the user becomes more acutely aware of sounds that 'don't belong', such as footsteps in an empty room or a branch breaking in a quiet forest. The contrast of sounds is what is important here, not the type, and the user can discern differences in natural sound versus those made by action in most cases unless the actions are deliberately made to sound natural. This focus on distinct sounds once again opens up the user to sonic attacks very damagingly and can often deafen the user.
Koji TechniquesShow
~Beast-Man Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
A staple of the Inuzuka fighting style, the Beast-Man Clone technique is utilized by clan familiars. By working in conjunction with its ninja companion, the canine familiar will transform itself into a copy of the clan member. While this is a clone technique not unlike *Shadow Clone Technique, the animal familiar has an independent chakra pool and can survive multiple weak and medium-strength blows before returning to its original state. Familiars that have used the Beast-Man Clone technique are able to form hand seals to do a number of their own techniques in addition to their clan member's clan techniques depending on their stamina. This clone lasts for five (5) posts.

1-2 Stamina: D-Rank jutsu
3-4 Stamina: D-Rank jutsu and 3 C-Rank jutsu
5-6 Stamina: D, C-Rank jutsu and 2 B-Rank jutsu
7-8 Stamina: D, C, and B-Rank jutsu
9-10 Stamina: D, C , B-Rank jutsu, and 2 A-Rank jutsu
11-15+ Stamina: D, C, B-Rank jutsu, and A-Rank jutsu
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 am

Yoru wasn’t too sure if the spilling blood statement was a joke or not, he’d assume not and try his best not to make anyone bleed. He looked up to his comrade who gave him signals of their locations he simply nodded as he was asked to take the lead. He lowered down in a crouching position, crawling over rocks and staying out of sight. They continued upwards and he dropped behind a rather large conveniently placed boulder for them to stay in cover. He peered over the side and just as Kazuo had said there was five men, all in the locations said.

Every single one of them had shackles tied to their belts “Slavers.” He whispered venomously, his nostrils flared in anger and his teeth clenched with aggression. The man in the middle had a pike on the floor resting next to him as he smoked. There were two bowmen one to either side and three swordsmen all wielding steel scabbards one to the left and two to the right.

He placed his hand in his pouch pulling out a kunai “Try to keep one alive, so we can question him.” He whispered, he placed a kunai in each hand and readied himself “I’ll take the three on the right ok?” assuming this was all fine, he nodded to say go. He placed his foot on the rocky surface in front of them, flung himself up in the air and threw the kunai directly at the swordsmen who yelled out in agony, he fell down on the floor in a clump.

Yoru continued to run forward, his finger edged to holster as the bowman pulled an arrow from his quicker and readied himself to fire. The arrow came soaring towards him, however Yoru flung the kunai from his holster forward it hit the arrow with such a force it cracked it’s wooden shaft and collapsed to the floor.

The swordsmen charged forward towards Yoru, who yet again withdrew yet another kunai and blocked an incoming strike. He allowed the swordsmen to push his strength on the attack, he quickly let the force go forward grabbed the back of the blade and twisted. However Yoru winced in agony as an arrow soared into his arm. He’d been paying too much attention to the swordsmen, he rammed the kunai deep into the slavers stomach and let him fall to the ground. He gripped the arrow from around his arm, yanked it from and flung it through the air at the archer directly in the forehead. He snarled in anger, he hoped Kazu had faired well.
UsedShow
*Ochiba • Single Finger Draw
D-Rank Bukijutsu
Prerequisite: 4 Speed
For this to work the user must have their kunai placed in a kunai holder, this allows the user to place their finger through the lip of the holder and into the ring of the pommel, flicking it up and out quickly catching the kunai, allowing for a swift draw.

*Ochiba • Overpowering Disarm
C-Rank Bukijutsu
When parrying an attack, they will block with their own weapon and allow the attackers weight to push down on their block but apply enough strength to keep them steady. When ready, the user will weaken the amount of strength applied and allow their opponent to fall forwards and with their spare hand they will place it on the opponents handle or the safest part and twist it from their grasp. This only works if the users strength is equal or higher than their opponents.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Kazu turned to Koji and shrugged when Yoru decided to take the three on the left. "One each?" The cloned dog nodded and the pair of them held out their hands, channelling chakra into their fingers and sprouting claws in place of their normal fingernails. Coming around the corner of the ravine, the two dashed forward and pushed off the solid ground at almost the same moment, flying high into the air before spinning around with their hands held out in front of them, claws extended. Kazuo aimed at the other bowman standing further away while Koji was aimed at the swordsman standing closer to the duo.

The Inuzuka drove into the chest of the archer claws first, spiralling so rapidly that he ended up pushing the archer back along the ravine until he slammed into the rock wall hard enough to dent it and leave a series of cracks. Kazuo slowed his spinning and landed on the ground on all fours, his claws coated in the blood of the now dead archer. Huh. And he had been holding back as well. He turned around to watch Koji work.

The cloned dog was somewhat slower than Kazuo and weaker as well, probably just above that of the average Genin. Apparently that was enough to at least do some damage to these slaver pricks, because while the swordsman wasn't dead, he had a good sized chunk taken out of his midsection. He must have dodged Koji's initial assault. Koji, still a whirling mass of claws, turned using the cavern wall and came around for another attack. Kazuo quickly ran up alongside him, his superior speed coming in handy, and grabbed the cloned dog straight the whirling mass he had become.

Koji's piercing fang ended quickly and the man-dog gave Kazuo an incredulous look. Kazuo sighed and shook his head. "We have to keep one alive, remember? Not my fault you were too slow." Koji growled but accepted the rebuttal. Kazuo dropped his cloned dog to the ground and then turned to look at the samurai, who was grabbing at his side with one hand and making a vague attempt to hold his sword with the other. Kazuo arched an eyebrow and slowly walked forward, his black coat flapping behind him. Inch by inch he raised his bloodied claws until they were covering his face. "I can smell your fear. It's practically oozing off of you. Would you like me to end it? Or are you going to be a good little boy and tell us everything we want to know?"
Kazuo and Koji TechniquesShow
2x Four-Legged Technique • Claws
C-Rank Ninjutsu
A modification on the standard Four-Legged Technique, because from time to time Kazuo prefers to not rely on the Speed boost provided by the standard transformation but still requires the use of his claws. By channeling chakra into his fingernails he can trigger the transformation and cause them to extend into half-inch long claws that are every bit as sharp as a kunai's blade. This transformation lasts for a number of posts equal to Kazuo's Stamina.

2x ~ Spat • Piercing Fang
C-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: ~Four-Legged Technique must be active.
The basis for the Beast-Man Clone style of combat, this attack is performed by an individual clan member. By spinning rapidly, the user turns into a whirling mass before launching themselves at his/her target. Using a full body attack allows them to hit an opponent or nearby object at full strength when they connect with their claws. Lasts for four (4) posts or until the user ends the technique.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:55 am

Yoru breathed heavily as he towered over the three bodies that he’d disposed off, the only trouble was there wasn’t a huge amount of blood but he was worried that it may through off the chuunin and the dog’s senses. It was too late now, his hand pushed against the arrow wound trying to clot it. He pulled off some of the bandage that was wrap around his hand, bit it off with his teeth. Lifted up his sleeve and wrapped it around the wound.

He sighed loudly as he walked over to the young Chuunin who seemed to have the integration underhand. He’d disposed of the two slavers with ease and Yoru was rather impressed. Kazu hadn’t been wounded so he’d done better than himself and he’d have Yoru’s praises. He simply folded his arms and watched the events unfold, he’d intervene if need be. “I’ll leave it to you Kazu.” He suggested.

However leaving Kazu to it didn’t seem to work, the slaver spat on the floor “Piss off, I ain’t telling you nothing!” he barked at the young chuunin. Yoru sighed loudly he walked over to the slaver, weaved a set of seals, he didn’t have time to mess around so was going to get this done as quickly as he could. He placed his hand on the head of the slaver, in turn the slaver fell into Yoru’s jutsu.

“You will answer our questions.” Yoru ordered in a very firm voice “Are there anymore of you close by?” the slaver nodded “Where?” demanded Yoru “10 minutes that way…” he pointed to the east “Are they going after the trader that is making his way through?” the slaver nodded “How many?” the slaver simply replied “10.” Yoru turned to Kazu “Have anymore questions? If not I’ll knock him out and we’ll head out.”
UsedShow
*[Genjutsu • Reverse Hypnosis]
C-Ranked Status Genjutsu
This is a three post genjutsu. To start the genjutsu, the ninja does the hand seals that are needed and then places a hand on the target. Until the genjutsu ends the target is able to remember a lot more about their past and has a lighter barrier over their consciousness making it easier for them to spill information. This doesn’t weaken their will, however, meaning if they are aware it’s a genjutsu, they are more than capable of using Kai.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Kazu scowled when the man refused to talk even after seeing his bloodied claws. Despite the fact that Kazuo gave in to his bloodlust rather easily, he wasn't one for torture, so his threatening stance fell away when he realized it wasn't working. He turned to Yoru and shrugged, motioning for the Jounin to step in. He watched as the orange haired man made a few hand seals and pressed his hand to the slaver's head. The man got a faraway look in his eyes and answered the questions that Yoru put to him. When the Jounin asked if Kazu had any questions, the Inuzuka shook his head and walked up to the man, clenching his clawed hand into a fist and delivering a solid punch to his jaw, knocking him out cold. Kazuo pulled his fist back and shook it out, inadvertently sending blood flying from his claws.

He looked at the blood, as if only just now realizing it was even here. He looked back to the corpse of the man he had killed, slumped against the wall, and his eyes slowly widened as he realized just exactly what he had done. He had just… acted. He didn't even think about what he was doing, letting his training take over. The Inuzuka suddenly felt sick. But he wasn't… guilty. And that realization made him feel even sicker. He was quick to move away from the stench of blood and death, rounding a corner of the ravine, and sucked in a few deep breaths, keeling over and clutching at his knees. His hands were shaking and he dug his fingers into his skin, the nails breaking through the cloth of his pants and drawing blood. He quickly let go of the chakra flooding them and his claws retracted.

He had never killed someone before. He had beaten people to a bloody pulp, he had left them battered and bruised, but he had never gone so far as to kill them. Out of it as he was, Kazu didn't notice Koji poking at him with his snout until he finally nipped at his wrist. It was soft, barely any teeth, but it was enough to snap Kazu out of his funk. Ever so slowly, he pulled his hands away from his knees, ignoring the throbbing coming from the gouges he had given himself, and carefully stood upright again, running his hand over Koji's head. "I'm okay buddy. Thanks." The dog whined but made a motion to show he understood Kazu. The Inuzuka smiled softly at the pup and took another slow breath before walking back around the corner to find Yoru. "We should keep moving. He said that way right? I'll pick up the scent."

Any trace of cheerfulness was gone from his face and voice. He wasn't despondant though, more like… an eerie sense of calm. He took off in the direction the slaver had given them, sniffing at the air until he picked up the scent once more and started to follow that.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:52 am

Yoru chuckled as Kazu punched the man clean out rather than asking questions “I’ll take that as a no?” he snorted, but then the mood soon changed. The young man quickly jogged away and Yoru followed closely, he watched as the young man keeled over and seemed to be struggling with the events that just happened. He didn’t interrupt as the dog seemed to care to it’s owner. He leaned against a rock and simply watched. He’d been in this mind set himself, every shinobi had. It came with the territory.

The jounin slowly walked over to Kazu, he didn’t give him a pat on the shoulder or hug him to attempt to comfort him, Yoru didn’t feel as though this man needed that. But he’d at least try to give him some advice “I know we barely know each other Kazu, but I’ve been where you are. We all have. It’s good that it’s effecting you this way, death is something we never get over. Everytime I sleep I see the lives I’ve taken and it’s probable you will too, but that’s a good thing. Once you stop caring, when it doesn’t matter anymore. That’s when you become a monster, the real men and women weep for those lives they have taken.”

Kazu said we should keep moving and Yoru nodded in agreement “Your right, we don’t have much time to waste.” He nodded forward “Lead the way.” The trio made their way through the maze like structure, following the trail.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Kazu was thankful that Yoru decided not to comfort him. He nodded silently, accepting the older ninja's advice, before focusing entirely on following the scent and keeping the mission in mind. They had come out here, and he had wound up killing someone, in order to protect an innocent civilian. He wouldn't allow himself to get caught up in his guilt until their mission was complete and the girl's father was safely seen to the outpost. Following the scent led them through the ravine and sure enough more and more scents started to mingle in the air, just like the man they had questioned said. At least he wasn't a liar as well as a slaver.

Using chakra to run up the wall of the ravine, he stood atop it and crept along until he was looking down on the group of scents he was picking up. He only poked his head out enough to get a good look of where they all were. The man they had been sent to find was cowering up against the ravine wall, the path ahead caved in by the rockslide. There were alternative routes but none that would fit a carriage like the one he was with. In front of him, surrounding him on all sides, were the ten slavers. One of them stepped forward, a katana held over his shoulder, a nasty sneer on his face.

"You tell me where that pretty little thing that was with you went, and I'll let you go, old timer." The sneer turned lecherous in an instant. "Girl's sell for so much more than man. The younger the better. I could probably get my weights worth in coin for a chicky like her." He swung the sword around and held it under the merchant's throat. "Now tell me where you sent her. Or else…" The threat was left hanging in the air. The chuckles and sniggering of the other slavers echoed through the ravine and the merchant was shaking, obviously terrified.

"N-never. I w-would rather d-d-die than let you p-people take my daughter!"

The slaver that spoke leaned in close, close enough to rest his hand on the ravine wall on one side of the merchant's head and had his lips close to the merchant's ear on the opposite side. "Poor choice, old timer. I'm going to bleed you until you squeal like a pig."

Kazuo had heard enough. There was a growl echoing in the back of his throat as his fury started to take over. He didn't throw himself into the fray however. He slowly stood up and withdrew a pair of smoke bombs from his hip pouch. "How fast can you get that merchant out of there, Yoru?" Still holding the smoke bombs, he moved them around as he made a set of hand seals and flooded his body with chakra, bulking up his muscles and growing out his claws. He turned slitted eyes to the Jounin, a look of barely contained fury on his face. "Because I am going to kill every last one of them."
TechniquesShow
Four-Legged Technique • Warwolf
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Kazuo will flood his system with chakra and take on a more canine appearance. His pupils will become nothing more than slivers, his teeth will sharpen and his canines will extend into full-blown fangs, his nails extend into razor-sharp claws, and he will be able to travel faster on all fours. He will also have a slight increase in muscle mass, most obviously noticeable in his upper body. While active, this technique increases Kazuo's Strength by 2 and his Speed by 1, although this comes at the cost of -3 Control over his chakra for 5 posts.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Yoru positioned himself upon a rock, leaning against it but keeping himself low so he couldn’t see the events unfold. Luckily the area hadn’t been enclosed or if it was it had now been dug away. Likely the slavers had done it to get to the merchant, god he hated them so much. They had destroyed his life when he was a child and now they were in front of him. He felt an anger build up in himself, he wanted to leap down and kill everyone of them. However this quickly diminished as the animalistic hatred eradiated from Kazu.

Yoru looked at him over, placed his hand into his pouch pulling out smoke pellets himself “I can get him out before the smoke disperse, I’m pretty fast.” He said with a nod, this however troubled him. He wasn’t really in charge of Kazu, but he felt a responsibility as the Jounin of this mission to try and guide him in the right area. Would killing all these men out of aggression help Kazu? He doubted it.

“Kazu, I can get the merchant out if you want. But I’ll be returning once he’s somewhere safe. I can’t allow you to fight them alone, but please….” He paused trying to think of how to word it “Look, I know I can’t tell you what to do, you barely know me and have no need to respect me.” He saw the pure aggression on Kazu’s face, it saddened him to see such a young man with so much anger, this is the kind of man that ended up going rogue “Please don’t kill these men out of anger. Were shinobi, we take lives when we need to. Not for our own personal reasons.” He twiddled the smoke pellets it his hand and sighed loudly, he knew the slavers had to be removed through. They wouldn’t simply let the pair run away with the merchant they’d chase them down and keep coming for them.

“However we have to take them out, just… try to keep yourself clam ok?” he sighed loudly, he knew nothing he said would go in but he had to at least try “You take the lead, my pellets can’t create as much smoke as your bombs can.” He preferred the smaller ones, they took up less room and were quite handy for a tactic he used. He lowered himself down like a runner at the starting line, ready to run at the sound of the gun. “Say when.”

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:43 pm

There was a moment when Yoru's words penetrated the haze of rage that overcame Kazu when dealing with scum like this. A moment of clarity where he knew what Yoru was saying was right, that he was going to kill these people not because he wanted to but because it was his job. Nothing more. And then the haze took over again and he cocked his head to the side, a feral grin appearing on his face. "This isn't personal. This is just… taking out the trash." He jerked his head in Koji's direction, who had transformed again, and the cloned dog grinned in return, making a set of hand seals. He was happy that his master was about to go as wild as he was. It was rare that the dog and master were of one mind when it came to combat.

Lifting his bombs, he took aim. "Now." He tossed the bombs with all of his might, the spheres rocketing into the group and exploding in a great cloud of black smoke. The smoke was scentless, designed specifically for Inuzuka, he could still track his targets perfectly by their scent. He launched himself at the group, turning into a whirling mass of claws and rage. Koji was quick to follow, though he was slower than the transformed Kazuo. Neither man nor dog hesitated, aiming their attacks at chests and head instead of legs and arms. The first scream echoed through the smoke as Kazuo drove his claws into some poor slavers chest, tearing straight through his clothes and rending the flesh, leaving a bloody mess of claw marks in a spiral pattern.

He didn't stop, he used the body as a platform to launch off of and attack his next target. The slavers were swinging their weapons wildly, unable to see what was attacking them, screams of demon and monster reached Kazuo's ears and he let out a feral roar mid-spin, only serving to intimidate the slavers even further.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:29 am

Yoru seemed to be getting through to Kazu, the aggressive look on his face was washed away. However this didn’t last long as he made a dumb joke and seemed to be just as aggressive before. It wasn’t Yoru’s job to get involved with Kazu’s emotions, he was still young and still full of emotion most young shinobi were. He wasn’t overly concerned with Kazu’s emotional turmoil at least for the moment. He wasn’t truly close enough for him to care, so he simply shrugged it off. However he wouldn’t allow him to attempt to try and kill all the slaves on his own.

He heard the word now, enter his ear his kept his gaze on the merchant so he’d be able to find his way through the smoke. The entire valley was enclosed with smoke as Yoru stormed through as quickly as he could, he moved so fast he was almost a blur. His fingertips grasped around the merchant, flung him over his shoulder and quickly started running back. The slaver that had the merchant pinned against the wall followed the parting in the smoke.

Yoru jumped from rock to rock clambering up the ravine with ease and planting the merchant in a safe spot “I’m sorry I don’t have time to explain, we are here to help you though.” Yoru glared through the smoke, it was too thick for him to wade through. He could throw a large jutsu within it but it would likely cause damage to Kazu and his dog so it wasn’t worth it. Fortunately for him, the leader of the slavers seemed to be clambering up the mountain side.

The young Jounin looked down, as the slaver threw a throwing knife in his direction. It soared through the air towards him, Yoru’s hand extended outwards catching it with ease. These slavers were pitifully weak, Yoru simply jumped up and let his weight slam down on the ravine causing the rocks to dislodge. In turn this dislodged the slaver leader, letting him fall down to his death.

Yoru sighed and watched over the smoke waiting for it to part of for Kazu to come out victorious. He lowered himself down in a crouched position, bending his knees but balancing on the balls of his feet. All he could do was sit and wait.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Kazuo had taken down three of the nine in the cloud of smoke, Koji had taken out two, when he felt the first slice against his arms. He let out a howl and dropped out of his spin, looking at his arm. There was a deep gash running along it, oozing out blood. One of them had gotten off a lucky hit. He honed his nose in on the smell of his own blade and tracked it back through the smoke to the one responsible. He moved through the smoke with enough speed to disperse what little of it was remaining, and punched the slaver in the face hard enough to send him cartwheeling backwards, the bloodied blade being sent flying. Six down, three to go.

A yelp of pain echoed in his ears and he turned to see two of them crowding Koji, having used the same trick on him and attack through the Piercing Fang. Whatever they had done had caused enough harm to force Koji to revert back to his dog form, and there was blood matted through his coat in places where there shouldn't be. Kazuo was moving in an instant, taking out the ankles of one with a great big swipe of his claws, knocking the slaver off of his feet and into the air. Pivoting on one foot, he delivered a spinning heel kick to the airborne man with enough force to knock him into the other slaver, the pair of them tumbling to the ground in a heap.

Busy as he was checking on Koji, Kazuo wasn't prepared for the last of the group to attack him from behind. There was a moment when time seemed to stop, and all he felt was a cold sensation in his side. That moment passed in an instant and the cold turned to burning, and the pain was enough for Kazuo to let out a genuine cry of anguish and shock. There was no feral tone to his voice, no howl or growl, just pure human pain. He spun around and channelled all of his rage and pain into a backhand fist that sent the backstabbing scum flying into the ravine wall, leaving a significant indentation and cracks all through the earth.

Dropping to a knee, Kazuo reached behind him and, with no small amount of effort, pulled the blade from his side, closer to his back. It wasn't deep, despite the surprise and angle of it. His flak jacket had taken the brunt of the small dagger. It was more from the shock of being stabbed so unexpectedly that was causing his reaction. Tossing the dagger to the ground, he slowly stood up and held a hand over the wound, putting pressure on it, and limped over to the man, who was lying slumped up against the wall.

Looming over him, Kazuo's fringe cast a shadow over his eyes and he stared at the slaver. "You're a slaver, a backstabber, and all around scum." Ever so slowly, Kazu crouched down until he was right in the man's face. "You prey on the innocent, destroy their lives, to make a little coin. Trash like you doesn't deserve to keep your own life when you so freely throw away the lives of others. For your crimes, your punishment is death."

The slaver spat in Kazuo's face, laughing at the combination of saliva and blood that the Inuzuka slowly wiped away with the back of his glove. "You fucking ninja. Sitting there in your precious little villages, with no idea how the world really works. Guess what? I'm not the first guy to do this, and I won't be the last. This is just how I make a living. This is the currency of the real world. Kill me and someone else will just take my place."

Kazu stared hard at the man, no trace of a feral smile or any sign that he was enjoying this. The pain had broken his battle high. Lifting the hand that wasn't pressed against his side, he curled his fingers into claws. "Then I'll just kill them too." There was no hesitation in the swing. He brought his claws down and raked them across the man's throat, cutting deep. He then proceeded to collapse onto his arse, sucking in deep breaths as the pain grew too much from the position he was in.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 am

Yoru’s ears perked up as he heard the scream from Kazu, he gritted his teeth in annoyance. Why the hell would the kid do this? This smoke was making it just as difficult for Yoru as it was the slavers. He could jump in and fire jutsu around but there was just as much chance as hurting Kazu as there was the slavers. Sighing loudly he leaped through the air into smoke where he last heard the scream. He could make out Kazu on his knees pulling a blade out of his back, it was starting to fade at long last. He followed the limping chuunin through the smoke, but kept back enough so he didn’t interrupt the back and forth with the slaver. Once Kazu had finished his little monologue and slit the throat of the slaver Yoru stepped out of the smoke towards the young man who had collapsed on the floor.

“Kazu, I can’t see through this smoke are their anymore slavers?” he questioned, he hoped there wasn’t any, then they could just head home. He lowered himself down in a crouching position “I’m no medical ninja, there’s little I can do to help your wounds.” He admitted glumly. He began to finger at the bandage that wrapped his arm which covered the scars from burns he’d received as a child. Unzipping his flak jacket and pulling off his black undershirt he threw them on the ground. Unwinding the bandage it revealed the warped skin that covered his arm and chest “Lift up your shirt.” He ordered firmly, assuming Kazu agreed he’d wrap the bandage around his abdomen “This will at least stop any dirt getting in and causing an infection.”

Pulling over his black undershirt and placing his arms through his flak jacket he was dressed again, he offered his hand out to Kazu assuming it was taken he placed his shoulder under Kazu’s armpit and his own hand around Kazu’s chest to support him “You alright kid?” he asked with concern, he imagined it hurt quite a bit. He whistled loudly, trying to give the dog some clue where the pair were. Though it was likely the dog knew where the pair were already and would be over in a matter of seconds.

“The trip home will be easier, I’ll create a platform of chakra and we can fly back?” he suggested “I hope you aren’t scared of heights.” He chuckled under his breath, Yoru normally used the carpet to take young ladies out on romantic adventures.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:55 pm

"Nope." Kazuo ground out through bared teeth. They were all either nursing severe wounds or knocked unconscious. Despite his statement that he would kill them all, he had in fact only killed the last one. He wasn't sure whether he was proud or disappointed in himself for not following through with his instincts. When Yoru started stripping, Kazu waggled his eyebrows at the redhead. "You want to do this right here? With that old man watching? I mean if you insist…" The brunet laughed at his own joke but that only served to cause him more pain, making him wince. "Okay, no jokes for the immediate future. Good to know." He did however push Yoru's attempt to bandage him aside. "I'll be fine, my flak jacket blunted most of the blade, it didn't cut too deep. But I need to check on Koji. He was bleeding pretty badly. If anyone needs those bandages it's him."

Hauling himself to his feet, using Yoru as a sort of crutch, he limped over to the dog and found him whining and licking at a large gash on his side. Kazuo scowled. That settled it; disappointed. He was definitely disappointed he hadn't killed all of these bastards. Dropping to his knees by Koji's side, he gestured for the bandages that he had previously refused. He pushed the dog's head from the wound and muttered "Hold still," before he got to work bandaging the dog. It caused him some strain but he knew he had to do it. There was no way Koji would let Yoru try, he was simply too proud for that. Once the bandage was securely wrapped around the dog's middle, he scratched him gently behind the ears. "You did good buddy. When we get home I'm going to buy you the biggest steak I can find."

Koji growled. He preferred to hunt his own meat. Kazuo chuckled and winced again. "Damn it, don't make me laugh. Neither of us is in any kind of shape to be hunting." The Inuzuka finally turned his attention to Yoru once more. If he meant fly in the same way Cros did, he was tempted to tell the Jounin to fly off without them. "Can your technique really carry all four of us? And where the hell is the old man anyway?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:52 am

Yoru’s lips curled up, exposing his sparkling white teeth into a grin as Kazu made jokes about them having sex he nudged him gently on the shoulder “Sorry, kid. You aren’t my type.” He rolled the bandage up as it was denied and placed it in his pocket, he hadn’t expected Kazu to be playful like this. He seemed quite a straight laced kind of man, he was glad of it though. It meant Kazu was the kind of person he’d enjoy been around. “You’re a bit too rough for me.” He laughed as Yoru was used as support and they made their way to the dog. Kazu began to work immediately and Yoru flung the bandage towards him which was wrapped around the dog’s wounds. It would have been easier if Yoru could of wrapped the bandages around, but this dog didn’t exactly seem to like him and most Inuzuka cared for their own dogs not let other people do it.

Kazu offered to find his dog the biggest steak he could find “I could help with that, my family own a ranch. We have the best steaks in all of Konoha.” He said proudly “My treat.” He added, making it clear that he wasn’t expecting to make profit. Kazu asked Yoru if the technique could carry them all “Yes, it will carry us all just fine.” Well that wasn’t true, it would be a bit of a squeeze but they’d mage. Yoru placed his hands together and created a layer of chakra beneath his feet “Lay the dog down, and sit on the edge the trader and I can stand.” Assuming Kazu did this, the chakra came to life and off they went in the air where the trader was stood waiting.

“Are you hurt?” Yoru asked, the trader shook his head “Come stand here and hold on to me.” The trader jumped on, his legs a little shaky at first “What about my inventory?!” he questioned “We’ll send a recovery team out to come collect it later." The trader’s arms wrapped around Yoru as he shook with fear “Don’t worry sir, we’ll take you to the outpost and you’ll be with your daughter again soon.” The four of them flew off in the air at a speed of ten “Don’t fall off.” He chuckled to Kazu “It’s a long way down.” He’d keep a look out for any incoming attacks or any slavers below. However he didn’t see any. Assuming nothing attacked them they’d be back at the outpost in no time.
UsedShow
[Advanced Unstationary Stand]
B-Ranked Supportive Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [Unstationary Stand]
After creating the *[Stand] barrier or any jutsu of a similar nature, the user performs a string of hand seals allowing them to move the platform. Once they make contact with the barrier, they channel minimal chakra through it allowing them to move around without the use of hand seals and allowing them to create other jutsu. It also has a wider variety of movement, not stuck to vertical and horizontal lines. It can travel at a speed equal to their control to a maximum of 10 and no higher than their speed stat.

Sanjuro

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Kazu nodded and gently lifted Koji up into his arms when the platform of glowing blue chakra formed. Gods he hated these things. Twice now he'd be flying on something made entirely of chakra except this time it had no damned walls. Suppressing the shudder that wanted to run down his spine, he carefully laid the dog down and then collapsed next to him, keeping a hand in his fur the entire time, the other hand pressed to his side. Koji probably hated flying more than Kazuo did. Nodded to Yoru, he held his breath as they began to rise up, watching the earth disappear from under him. He could spin so fast the world around him became a blur and feel nothing. This however? This made his stomach do all kinds of flips. And not the nervous, romantic kind either.

When they came to a halt next to the trader, Kazuo offered the man a weak grin. "Sorry for the late introductions. We're from Konoha. I'm Kazuo, this is Koji, and that there is Yoru. You've got one hell of a daughter to make it out of here on her own." Talking helped to distract him from the fact they were flying, but it also hurt like hell. Still, the pain was better than watching the earth move below him and not being able to feel it. He lifted his hand from his side and looked at the wound. The blood flow was beginning to slow a bit. He put his hand back and sighed. "I can't believe I let myself get stabbed like that. Aina'll never let me live this one down."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Lacarix

[Mission] Caravan Chaos

Post by Lacarix » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:31 am

Yoru hadn’t even thought to introduce himself in all the excitement, he was glad Kazu had though. The four of them clung to the barrier, he heard her mention something about Aina. She was becoming a pain in his bum lately “Ah you know Aina? She seems to get around a bit.” He said with a soft chuckle “You can’t kick yourself for getting stabbed, I’ve had more injuries than I can count. It comes with the job.”

They continued to soar through the air and were uninterrupted as they went. Now they weren’t going through the maze it took no time at all to get to the outpost. He slowly lowered the small barrier of chakra, to the ground below. Once they landed the chakra dispersed, Kazu and the dog were lying on the floor. Yoru pointed to a tent “That’s where your daughter is.” The trader smiled at them and shook Yoru’s hand “Thank you.” Yoru felt a little guilty taking the thanks, he’d not really done much this entire mission Kazu took it all on his own.

“Kazu, I think were about done. I’ll see if there’s some transport home. I don’t fancy carrying a big lad like you all the way home.”
He laughed loudly as he went to the stables in the outpost, getting a cart and a horse. The pair had finished their mission, a clear out team would be sent later to collect the cart and any goods.

Return to “Fire Country”