Takeo Jutsu Training

icantodd

Takeo Jutsu Training

Post by icantodd » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Takeo had woken up early that day. The sun wasn’t even up yet, but he was wide awake. Takeo had decided to wake up early this day, as he had wanted to practice a new jutsu he had read about in one of his scrolls the other day. Takeo quietly got dressed and grabbed his things and began placing them in his backpack. He placed the usual things he took with himself when he trained in it, along with the scroll that contained the jutsu he would be attempting. Takeo went into the kitchen and grabbed something to eat. After eating, Takeo quietly crept out of the front door and was off.

The sky was tinged purple in the east, as the sun was just beginning its daily journey across the sky. It was cool outside today and there was a slight breeze, causing the ends of his coat to flutter slightly. Takeo ambled down the near empty streets of Konoha. Shops and restaurants were preparing to open up as he walked. Takeo suddenly burst into a run, a loud thump ringing out with each step.

It didn’t take long for Takeo to reach the training field. Panting, Takeo bent over and placed his hand on his knees, attempting to catch his breath. Once he caught his breath, Takeo put his backpack down and began to stretch to prepare for his training. Takeo unzipped his backpack and removed the scroll he needed for learning the jutsu.

Takeo unraveled the scroll and found the instructions for the jutsu. After memorizing the information, Takeo rolled the scroll back up and placed in in his backpack. Exhaling lightly, Takeo closed his eyes and began practicing the hand seals required for the jutsu, going slowly at first as he got used to doing them, then picking up the speed as he got the hang of it.

The surrounding forest was quiet, the only noise heard were the birds chirping in their nests, allowing Takeo to focus on the task at hand. Takeo’s thoughts wandered to his parents. He had wanted to master this jutsu and surprise them with his mastery of it, hoping to impress them and make them proud. He couldn’t wait to see their faces when he showed them that he could use a B-rank jutsu once he learned the jutsu.

Takeo opened his eyes and stopped practicing the hand seals, fairly confident he had them down. Now, he would attempt the jutsu for real this.

time. Takeo began to do the hand seals, focusing his chakra. On the last hand seal, Takeo inhaled deeply and exhaled quickly, producing a small fireball, about a foot long and a foot wide. The fireball feebly went out after traveling about 10 feet, not even making it to the tree he had been aiming at.

A look of shock and dismay appeared on Takeo’s face. His jutsu attempt had completely failed, surprising him greatly. He knew it would take a lot of work, but he didn’t think he would do this badly on his first try. Takeo sighed and got back into position. “Okay, you can do this. That first one failed, but that’s okay. Just try again as many times as you need to get this jutsu down,” Takeo reassured himself in his head.

Takeo began reciting the seals in his head as he performed them, making sure he got each right as he went. Takeo’s chakra flowed through him as he prepared the jutsu once more. Takeo breathed in deeply as he reached the final seal. Out from his mouth spewed another small fireball, about the same size as the last one. It sputtered out pitifully once more. Now Takeo was mildly aggravated. Why wasn’t his jutsu maintaining itself?

After another two failed attempts at the jutsu, Takeo was completely flustered. He was sure he was doing everything right, so why wasn’t it working? Takeo reached into his backpack and pulled the scroll out once more. Reading over it once more, Takeo blushed. He was glad no one had been watching, as he had been doing the wrong sequence of hand seals the entire time. “Stupid, stupid, stupid! I’m so stupid! I can’t believe I was doing that wrong the whole time!”

Takeo angrily thrust the scroll back into his backpack and got back into position. Still angry, Takeo sloppily began making the hand seals. Angry, Takeo’s chakra wasn’t completely controlled and focused. Takeo launched a fireball from his mouth, smaller than all the others so far. It sailed across the distance between himself and the tree, lightly hitting and fizzling out upon impact. Takeo stopped and closed his eyes, taking the time to calm down and regain his composure.

Once calm, Takeo opened his eyes again. The sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon. A flock of birds flew overhead, chirping loudly. “I need to get it together if I want to get his jutsu mastered. I can’t be messing up so much like I am now.” Takeo stood facing the tree he had been aiming at the entire time. This time, he would at least leave a mark on it. Takeo once more began the sequence of hand seals as he began calmly focusing his chakra for the jutsu. With a mighty exhale, a fireball slightly bigger than all the others was propelled from his mouth. It soared through the air directly towards the tree. Just before the moment of impact, its shape changed to resemble the head of a dragon. The fireball seemingly “bit” the trunk of the tree, engulfing it in fire.

The flames remained for about 15 seconds before dissipating into thin air. The tree was left with small scorch marks, as the fireball hadn’t been nearly as strong as it would have been if mastered. Takeo smiled proudly at his work. “All right, I got it to burn the tree a little bit! Now I’ll work on making the fireball bigger.”

Takeo popped his knuckles and began focusing his chakra, effortlessly flowing it throughout his body and focusing it sharply. Takeo breathed in and initiated the set of hand seals. The inside of his mouth began to heat up as he focused his Katon chakra into his mouth. Finishing the seals, a fireball that was about 3 feet by 3 feet erupted from the young Genin’s mouth and glided smoothly towards the tree, cutting through the air. Forming itself into a shape resembling a dragon’s head. The jutsu connected with the tree and the tree began burning, staying lit twice as long as before, leaving the tree burnt and blackened, reducing some of the bark to ash.

Takeo was extremely excited. That fireball had been much bigger than the others and burnt for longer. “I’ve almost got it down, I can feel it. Just a little bit more, and than I’ll have this jutsu mastered. Then I’ll be able to show off my incredible ability as a shinobi!” Takeo had completely forgotten his earlier blunders in his happiness. Now, he was extremely confident in himself completely mastering the jutsu.

Takeo started to do the hand seals as he sucked in air, holding the aur in as he performed the hand seals and focused his chakra. With a loud roar, the fireball wooshed from his mouth, as large as it could possibly be. It charged straight at the tree, like a predator going after its prey. The tree violently caught fire, quickly being swallowed by the flames. Smoke filled the morning air as the tree burned.

Takeo smiled at his success, the edges of his mouth slightly burnt. He had done it. He had mastered the jutsu! Takeo jumped up and exclaimed, “Yes, I did it! I’m awesome!” Takeo was proud of himself. He planned on showing off to his parents later on, and relished the prospect of seeing their proud faces at his accomplishment. He felt like the greatest Genin in all of the country he was so excited a completing a B-rank jutsu.

Just for extra measure, Takeo did it a couple more times, but using the jutsu so much left him feeling drained from expending so much chakra. Takeo wiped sweat from his face and heaved his backpack up from off the ground. Takeo tiredly trudged home, exhausted from his hard work. "I might have to show them tomorrow instead. "I'm not sure I have the energy to use the jutsu again," Takeo said to himself.

Word Count: 1,413/1,400 (-400 word reduction)
Justu Trained: *[Fire Element • Great Dragon Fire Technique]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
One of the flashier techniques in the Katon arsenal, the user will perform several hand seals and then exhale forcibly. A large fireball roughly five feet long and three feet tall will erupt from their lips and fly at a target up to 30 feet away at a speed equal to the user’s control up to 10. The fireball, before it makes contact with its target, will stylize itself into the shape of a dragon's head and when it closes in on a foe it will open its mouth and bite down on them. This causes second-degree burns but no actual impact is generated by the "bite". The fireball dissipates after biting for a half a post, and dissipates two posts after creation if not used.
Matsuo, Takeo

I am a real nigga before I am a god.

Return to “Fire Country”