[Graded]Mysterious Scroll

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am

Today was a seemingly normal day. Takeo had woken up and done everything in his usual morning routine. But as he walked out of the house for his daily training session in the forest, a messenger bird flew down and landed on his arm. Takeo gently took the scroll from out of the bird's talons and watched as it flew away. "I wonder what this could be about," he thought as he unraveled the official looking scroll. It wasn't often he received anything, so Takeo was clueless as to what it could be about.

Takeo quickly scanned over the writing and was mildly puzzled. The scroll had directions to an area he had never heard of. "I've never heard of this place behind the graveyard. Why would I need to go there?" Takeo quickly took off, hurriedly running towards the grave yard. After a few minutes, he finally arrived at his destination. Takeo looked at the scroll again, scanning the directions to make sure he knew what he was doing.

Takeo walked between the rows of tombstones, finding the area eerily quite. Takeo made sure not to touch anyone of the tombstones as he made his way to the back of the graveyard, finding the large area of forestry. "Okay...so there should be a path around here somewhere," he muttered as he began searching for the path that the scroll mentioned. It didn't take long for Takeo to spot a gap between some trees after studying the area for a couple minutes.

Takeo walked down the path, having to step over fallen branches and tree roots to avoid falling. "Why the heck do I have to go to this place anyway, it sounds suspicious," he said as he nearly tripped. The path wasn't too long, and Takeo soon found himself in a large clearing. He glanced around the area, seeing a group of training dummies off to the side. But the thing that caught his attention was the large shack that stood out from the greenery of the clearing, and right next to the shack, a man he had never seen before sat in a chair.

Takeo slowly walked forward, a little nervous after seeing the man. "Um, excuse me, are you the one who told me to come here?" Takeo asked.
Matsuo, Takeo

I am a real nigga before I am a god.

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Kuodachi sat in the wooden seat, tipping the chair up on its two back legs to rest against the shack. At this point the sun was practically the highest in the sky it would be. Midday and yet, the rays still only found a means to settling on the center of the opening. The tallness of the surrounding trees were enough to stave off the brightness that might be found towards the center of the beautiful village. Kuodachi's hands held open a book, his eyes only reaching up from the words when he heard the approaching footsteps.

Flicking from the words, his cold blue stare set onto the boy. The age difference between the two was only a few years, but Kuodachi knew the skill level was vastly different. A Genin and a soon to be Jounin. Still, even with his rank, despite a great deal of secretive information having opened to him over the years, he couldn't yet be informed as to why he was receiving this Genin to mentor. A messy brown haired hooligan by the looks of him. Of course, Kuodachi per his usual habit, put off looking over the young man's file. Everything that happened today would start as ignorance from both ends. That was the way Kuodachi liked it. A relationship built from the efforts of both parties rather than the words in a scroll kept up by those who may have never even met the subject.

With the entrance into the opening of the stranger, Kuodachi rose from the chair, closing his book with a single thump. He maintained silence, waiting for the stranger to give the first words. Sure enough, the uncomfortable situation brought about words that Kuodachi was half way expecting, but still disappointed him. With a small smirk dancing its way to Kuodachi's face, he retorted, “I may be, but does that really matter? Knowing who sent you here is far less important that knowing why you were sent here. Wouldn't you agree?” With a flick of his wrist, he sent the book to the newly freed seat as he extended a hand, which the young man would have to move to grasp. It would likely give pressure to move faster to meet the hand quicker.

Despite no sign of rank being available, it may have been clear there was a rank difference between the two. The way Kuodachi was presenting himself, even just the aura about him reeked of experience that far surpassed what his physical appearance might have relayed. A fight between a young appearance and an aura of experience. Which would win in the onlookers mind, only time would tell. All the while, though it may not have seemed it, everything Kuodachi was currently doing, every subtle, or not so subtle, move was a part of a intricate design. Each reaction from the boy would be put into a far more complex analysis than most utilized for first meetings.

Should the boy meet his hand, Kuodachi would be the first to introduce himself, “Koizumi, Kuodachi.” Now, the introduction in itself yielded plenty of information. A nearly dead family name riddled with misfortune. His father was a Shinobi that was said to have abandoned the Will of Fire in the time before his death. But, what is more, Kuodachi had far surpassed the dishonored name. His accomplishments were quite far reaching, and he was even the selected assistant to a legendary Bannin. It was a name the boy had most likely heard, maybe even known quite well. He'd continue with a bit of a perplexing series of words, “You are the reason for your being here, but I am indeed the one who called you here.”
Koizumi, KuodachiKonohagakure no SatoJounin214 Stats

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Takeo stood there, eyes focused on the person before him, watching him stand up from his chair. Takeo didn't know why, but he felt uncharacteristically nervous. Something about the person's icy stare made him uncomfortable. Takeo could tell there was something special about the guy in front of him, but he didn't feel like finding out. Takeo looked over him, his eyes scanning and calculating the person. He didn't appear to be much older than himself, and in Takeo's opinion, not very impressive, though Takeo thought that about most people.

Takeo barely heard what the person said, his mind already wandering to other thoughts as he curled and uncurled his fingers subconsciously. He was already bored and just wanted to get whatever was going on over as soon as possible. Takeo glanced down at the stranger's outstretched hand and then up at his face. It was clear what the stranger wanted, but Takeo wasn't sure if he wanted to comply. Takeo reluctantly raised his hand to meet the stranger's extended hand and gripped it weakly.

"Do you think we can wrap this up quickly? I was kind of on my way somewhere when I got the message, so just tell me what you want so I can leave already," he said, looking away from the stranger's eyes to avoid making eye contact. Takeo still wasn't sure what this guy could possibly want from him. He had never actually seen the guy before, so he couldn't come up with any good reasons to drag him out into the middle of nowhere. It was a little unnerving, being here with this stranger in a place where no one could see them together. Takeo almost smirked at the thought of this person having him come out here to kill him, but he quickly dismissed the thought as a joke.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:48 pm

The weak grip from the boy. The distant mentality. It reeked of trouble. As the boy finally spoke, his words holding some kind of demand, Kuodachi's eyes narrowed. It seems the boy was not intelligent enough to piece together the quilted information he'd already received. Or, at the very least, didn't care enough to do so. It was quickly becoming clear why this one was recommended for a mentor-student relationship rather than actually working with a team. He was going to require a whole lot of attention.

Now, with everything Kuodachi had already gathered from the readily available information all around him, the next question was how to go about addressing this clearly needing, young Shinobi. His own grip tightened around the weak grip before loosing. It was clear the boy was not going to follow traditional protocol and return his own introduction. Kuodachi, remaining silent for a moment as he turned away from the young man finally responded with a simple request, “Tell me then, what is so important you have to run along and do it right now?” His head flicked to the side to cast a gaze at the Genin from over his shoulder.

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Takeo grimaced slightly as the person's hand slightly squeezed his and watched as he turned away from him. Takeo crossed his arms, tapping his foot on the ground in an obnoxiously loud fashion. He waited for the person to respond, and let out a sigh after the stranger talked. "It doesn't really matter, does it? All that matter is that I have to go," Takeo spat in agitation.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Spinning on his heel, Kuodachi turned around to face Takeo once more, “Oh, but it does matter. And, as much as you may 'have' to go...Well, you can't." The words were nonchalant, but held an air of authority to them. He continued, "Tell me, Takeo, do you know why that is? Do you have any guesses as to why you were summon here,” Kuodachi made motion to the surrounding area, “to my humble training grounds?” His face remained stoic, his cold stare not moving from the boy, still studying his new assignment. This one was going to be so much work, but not even for a moment did Kuodachi feel daunted by that information.

He amended the question, quickly, before any response could come from the clearly obstinate young man, “And I don't want a half ass answer. Take a moment. Ponder your situation, and give me an answer when you have done that.” For the first time, Kuodachi's words came with demand to them. It was a demand that he could enforce in a variety of means. Yet, he hoped he would not have to do so.

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Takeo flinched as the person in front of him spun around to face him, taking a step back in surprise. There was a noticeable shift in the stranger's voice as he spoke again. Takeo opened his mouth to reply, but the stranger spoke again, cutting Takeo off before he could even begin. Takeo could tell that he should probably give the answer this person wanted for his own sake, but he felt like that would be losing to this person and he didn't want to lose. "I really don't have to do anything for you, you aren't the boss of me," Takeo retorted, smirking a little at his own words.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Without missing a step, Kuodachi immediately responded with a loud, “WRONG!” He shook his head before continuing with very harsh, perhaps untrue but meaningful nevertheless, words, “You are here because practically every other instructor in Konoha shivered at the thought of having to train you. You made it through the academy by the skin of your teeth. Despite your impudence, some half-wit passed you on, and now you have landed here with no team and only me to turn you into someone our village can have trust in to defend them. Any of this ringing any bells?” The words, despite the harsh reality they might be carrying for the boy, were delivered in a casual manner. No anger, no contempt, just a matter of fact.

On a dime, Kuodachi's demeanor moved to one teeming with friendliness. With a cheerful smile emerging on his face, he continued, “From this moment forward, I am going to be your instructor. You will not be getting a squad, news you will have to break to your family.” He paused a moment before adding, “So... I am the boss of you. Now, tell me... do you still have somewhere to be?” Kuodachi's hands were not locked behind his back and he was rocking slightly from the balls of his feet to his heels.

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Takeo's smirk quickly faltered after hearing the harsh words, feeling genuinely hurt, but he didn't want him to know they had. Takeo listened, anf after hearing everything, let a smile appear on his face. "Heh, I bet you begged to train me. I'm most definitely the best genin, you can't trick me," Takeo boasted, completely believing his own words to be true.

Takeo put his hands on his hips, smiling at his new instructor. So, boss man, what did you have in mind for today's training? A cool new justu, or something?" Takeo asked excitedly. Takeo's mood had improved signifigantly and, and he was excited now that he knew he would be getting training by himself, which he viewed as special treatment for being so good.

"You should just know that our training probably wont last long, since I'm such a genius and will probably learn everything you have to teach in just a week. After all, I'm so great I'm getting one on one training by myself!" Takeo was waving his hands around as he chattered, before stopping and looking at his new mentor. Studying his face.

"Hey, I just realized I dont know your name! You obviously know mine, but I havent heard yours. So what is it?" Takeo asked.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:22 pm

The sheer degree of ignorance was pervasive in every breath the young man took was making it more and more clear how truly difficult it was going to be. Still, there was hope. Takeo seemed to concede his need to be elsewhere once Kuodachi had stated his own purpose. Seems even the most ignorant, insolent whelp still found interest in the prospect of learning jutsu. At least enough to at feign an interest toward the nipple that would feed him. In Kuo's mind, this was leverage that could be used for both reward and punishment. But the attitude must be sought to. Such a grandiose mentality could only end in an early grave for a Shinobi.

For the moment, Kuodachi chose to ignore the falsity in Takeo's first words. He moved to sit back in his chair, motioning to the second chair that sat beside him for Takeo to take a seat, “We will not be training today. We have much to discuss.” Of course, the young man kept on speaking in his overconfident ignorance, which only increased Kuodachi's resolve to rid his young student of such an idiotic personality. His desire was as much for ease upon his own ears as it was for the care he had for all his students.

The request for the name, despite having already told his name, brought about only a slow shake of Kuodachi's head from side to side. “You've listened to nothing I've said to this point, have you?” He sighed deeply, “My name is Koizumi, Kuodachi.” Once again, the name would carry the same weight, and this time the young man may just pick up on it.

“Now that I have your attention, tell me, Takeo, do you have many friends?”

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:35 pm

As Takeo finished his rambling, he stopped and waited for the answer to his question, but once he heard Kuodachi's question, Takeo seemed to lose a littke bit of his excitement. "Friends...? N-no, why would I want to have any friends when no one else is even close to my strength. After all, beings so called friends with weaklings would just be a stain on my reputation," Takeo said boldy. But in truth, Takeo didn't think that at all.

Takeo had never really had friends, both in part of his mild anti-social tendencies and the fact that he usually drove away anyone else with his constant boasting and attempts to be better than everyone else. Though the fact that he didn't have any friends partially fueled the need and desire to be the best, so that people would like him and want to be friends with him, but in truth it did the exact opposite.

"What does friends have to do with anything, anyways? Can't you just teach me something?" Takeo asked.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 pm

The response was exactly what Kuodachi expected. No friends, and it hurt. Of course, the hurt was covered with the ridiculous boasting. Did the boy before him truly believe what he was saying? Had he truly gone so low? Maybe. More importantly, Kuodachi had been in a similar position. The outcast. The friendless loser, trying his hardest to be the best. To garner some respect from his peers. Immediately, there was a shred of sympathy for the poor young Genin.

“I thought as much.” Kuodachi mumbled under his breath, but it would be audible enough for Takeo to hear. It was intended for Takeo to hear in just the mumbled manner he would. To call attention to the fact that Kuodachi suspected Takeo didn't have friends before he even confirmed that.

Kuodachi leaned back in the chair, his hands interlocking behind his head as he relaxed his stance, “What you just said... You don't actually believe that, do you? Do you truly believe that not a single other Genin in your graduating class could wipe the floor with you?” Kuodachi was certain there were other Genin who could do just that. He ignored Takeo's attempt to move the conversation back to training.

Though Kuodachi had not yet looked at his record which would tell him the true extent of Takeo's skill, he knew Takeo was no prodigy. Takeo was likely average, especially with an attitude like he had. Stronger people knew their place in the world. They understood more. And, to Kuodachi, Takeo was truly at the bottom of the barrel from his display thus far. Of course, skill was fluid. If Kuodachi could strip Takeo of his insolence, he could move from needing to be scrapped off the dead bottom, to pouring out the top of the barrel in no time at all. It may just take a humbling experience to knock some sense into such a conceited young man.

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Takeo felt a twinge of sadness and anger at hearing Kuodachi mumble, but decided to ignore it and not saying anything to him. Takeo watched Kudoachi casually lean back in his chair, and after hearing Kudoachi's question, felt himself getting worked up, "Of course I believe it, there's no way I could get taken down by any of the genin in my class! What are you trying to say?"

Takeo wasn't so sure that he and Kuodachi would get along very well. It seemed like his new mentor thought very lowly of him. Takeo felt like just leaving, his excitement from earlier having faded, but he knew that wouldn't be a very good choice on his part to make. Maybe if he stuck it out, something good could come out from it and benefit him. Either way, he still didn't like the seemingly condescending question asked.

At the same time, while he would refuse to admit it, what he said was true. Takeo would never say it out loud, but he wasn't the best of all the genins, and no amount of boasting would change that. Takeo just couldn't and wouldn't accept that fact. Takeo fidgeted in place as he awaited a response.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:17 pm

The sadness and anger would not be missed. It was all a small part of the intricate plan Kuodachi was setting forth. He needed to knock Takeo down a bit first. Hopefully, it was going to all work out. Kuodachi, despite having only just met the young man, already cared for him as all of his other students in the past. He was not about to let someone he cared for live a short life.

The defensive, worked up response was enough to tell Kuodachi everything he needed to know. Kuodachi stretched his arms out, his gaze turning from Takeo as he let out casual words, “So, since everyone is weaker than you, I suppose we can't be friends either, huh? And there is no real point in me training you either, since you are already super strong. You could probably just....” Kuodachi would continue on and on with similar lines of reasoning until he was stopped. And he would seriously continue on and on and on. Truth was, Kuodachi did not want to have to resort to a humbling experience. He wanted to pull some sort of humbleness out of the young man without any force being needed...

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Takeo panicked a little at Kuodachi's words, thinking that their training would be over before it even started, and not wanting to miss out on the chance of having someone to actually talk to. Takeo took a step forward and attempted to convince Kuodachi otherwise.

"W-wait, that's not what I meant! I just...um, well I might be a good genin, but I'm a...if I want to reach Chunin, then I gotta get stronger. Just cause I'm a great genin doesn't mean I would do well against a Chunin. Besides, if you're the one training me, you're probably pretty strong right? So you cant be that weak, and if I train under you, I can get stronger too,"
Takeo's words tumbled out of his mouth in a frenzy. He truly hoped that Kuodachi wouldn't end it all now.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:52 pm

The interruption came quick, which was a good sign. It also came in a torrent of thoughts, showing panic. Good. Kuodachi turned back to Takeo, “You're right. You need to get stronger.” His finger pointed towards the young man, before quickly moving to his own chin, as if thinking deeply, “Here's the thing Takeo. There is ALWAYS a bigger fish out there. That is a fact, I assure you.” He paused before continuing into a more clear cut example, “I am far stronger than you, I assure you. But, there are plenty of people out there far stronger than me. There are even those out there who have surpassed our own Hokage. You can dream of being at the top of that chain all you want, but it will likely never be the case. Does that name sense?” He paused, looking to Takeo for confirmation that he was indeed listening. Then, in colder words, Kuodachi stated simply, “The moment you forget this, your career as a Shinobi is over, and possibly, your life.”

Takeo would quickly grow to understand that Kuodachi loved imparting wisdom on his students by way of conversation. He was also the king of cheesy lines, but believed in their truth.

“So, Before we get anything underway, I have three rules.” His hand went out, displaying three fingers. Lowering two, he began, “One, I am your superior. This means you listen to what I say, and do what I tell you to. We can debate the validity of what I say at the correct time. Two, you will make friends with at least two other Genin from your class! I care not how you accomplish this, nor that you believe them to be weaker and unworthy. Ties are what keep Konoha together, and you need some. Three! You will learn how to play Shogi!” After stating the rules he finally opened the conversation back up asking, “Are these rules acceptable?”

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Takeo listened intently, finally taking everything seriously now. Takeo listened to Kuodachi's serious words, making sure he didn't miss any one of them. Takeo had to resist the urge to interrupt as Kuodachi listed off his rules and waited until Kuodachi was finally done speaking before he spoke himself. "The first two rules I can understand, but...why would I need to play Shogi? It's not like I'll ever have to play it on a mission," Takeo said dismissively.

While Takeo was definitely not stupid, he wasn't exactly the best at games like Shogi, though it would help with his stratagies if he just took the time to try to play. Takeo was sure that there was a good reason for learning the game though, as Kuodachi didn't seem to be the type to do pointless things to Takeo. So far, Takeo could tell that there was a good reason for Kuodachi being a high ranking person, and not just his physical strength or justus. Hopefully they would be able to get along better as they got to know one another better.

Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Kuodachi's third rule, in all honesty, had little to do with refining strategic thinking. Of course, if one truly took the time to learn the game, it did help with that, but Kuodachi's reason was for more selfish. “You will probably never have to play it on a mission, but I need a new Shogi partner. I've stomped everyone into the ground and no one wants to play with me anymore.” He shrugged, turning a cheeky grin towards his new assignment. In due time, Kuodachi only hoped he could view him as a friend more so than just an assignment, or student. For now, however, he had a lot of work ahead of him.

Kuodachi clicked his tongue, “I almost forgot the most important rule of them all! Rule number four, You have to swear to uphold the Will of Fire and all its implications.”

He continued after declaring a last rule, “You agree to follow these regulations, and I will promise to do my best as your teacher.” He shot his hand out towards the young man, “Deal?”

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Takeo smirked at Kuodachi's reasoning, thinking of it as a challenge to beat him at Shogi if he was so good at it. Takeo was feeling good about their newly formed relationship, and was excited at the prospect of what could possibly happen in the future with them. Takeo was quick to grip Kuodachi's outstretched hand and squeezed it firmly. "You have a deal. Just don't go crying when I beat you at Shogi, okay," Takeo said playfully.

Takeo relaxed his grip and withdrew his hand. He certainly hadn't been expecting anything like this to have happened to him when he woke up this morning. But Takeo felt glad that Kuodachi had been selected to train him, regardless of what the reasoning was for it. After all, Takeo had just made a new friend, and he wouldn't have had it any other way.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Kuodachi chuckled at the bold statement, “Oh, believe, I look forward to the day someone beats me. Lucky for you, we can get started right away!” Kuodachi sprang up from his chair, vanishing into the darkness of the shack they sat around. Some fumbling around could be heard as he searched through the wide variety of training equipment. The shack was mostly a storage place for just that. All sorts of training equipment, some quite lucrative, was organized in a manner that might lead one to believe a great deal of effort went into their organization. Unfortunately, the Shogi board was buried, this particular board seeing rare use.

It did not take too long before Kuodachi reemerged from the dark shack with a foldable table and a Shogi board in his mitts. A large grin sat on his face as he anticipated a game. It truly had been awhile since anyone had played with him. He was not lying, not even exaggerating his previous boast. People got tired of losing. Kuodachi was the best. He'd been playing since a little boy. Practically left the womb with a board in hand. Still, if someone truly put in the effort, they could at least pose a challenge. It was a good bonding experience, as well as an activity that honed the mind into a more strategic thinking brain. “You ever played before? Maybe with your dad?” Kuodachi question as he set out the table before placing the board atop. The question and mention of the boy's father might be enough to spark some unintended conversation, Kuodachi largely ignorant on the boy's situation. While they played, however, was a fantastic time to begin just such conversation.

Pulling his chair up, his hands moved with great precision, setting the pieces up on the board. To a beginner, the game might seem overwhelming, but Kuodachi had taught people how to play so often, he knew just how to keep it friendly, and underwhelming. He'd never had anyone quit on him with his amazing instructions!

icantodd

Post by icantodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Takro watched as Kuodachi disappeared into the shack and waited, hearing items being moved around. After a few moments, Takeo saw him emerge with the board. Takeo sat ready to play, and while he hadn't ever really played the game before, he felt excitement at tbe idea of playing. Takeo began to answer Kuodachi as the older ninja set the board up, marvelling at how fast he put the pieces in place.

"Actually, no, my dad wasn't really the kind of guy to play these sort of games. He was always the kind of person really into more physical type of activities, but..." Takeo trailed off, a slightly sad look briefly appeared on his face before disappearing just as soon as it came up. Takeo didn't want to bother Kuodachi with any of his personal life, deeming it boring by his own standards. "Anyways, you'll have to teach me how to play," Takeo said as he adjusted himself in the chair.
Matsuo, Takeo

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:55 am

Family troubles? The sorrow would not go unnoticed. Something with the father, no doubt. For now, their relationship was only just starting, and he would not pull teeth to hear of his troubles. Kuodachi has grown to accept that everything will be said in due time, when the time is right. It seems now was not the time Takeo felt to tell of his troubles, same as Kuodachi did not feel it an appropriate to go into his own life story. Now was a time to start a very important aspect of their relationship, at least for the time being. Shogi.

With all the pieces in place, Kuodachi listened as Takeo proclaimed his ignorance on the game. “No problem. I've taught many before. My rule, however, is that once I have taught you the basics, it is up to you to expand that knowledge into a winning force, got it? First thing's first, the names and their movement patterns...”

And so, Kuodachi would teach Takeo to play Shogi. It was the first step of many in the process of developing a relationship as more than just teacher and student, but also friends. Kuodachi undoubtedly had his work cut out for him with the brash character that has come before him. Yet, It was clear that the issues stemmed from far deeper seated events. As always, in Kuodachi's mind, there was a reason for everything from personality traits to the sky being blue. It was finding the reasons that was critical to making a difference. In this situation, making this difference could be the determining factor in a fruitful bond, or a premature severance. Only time would tell whether this relationship would bloom or decay and fade.

Return to “Fire Country”