[Graded][PB] Into the Village

Servant

Post by Servant » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:36 am

The man paced back and forth, his face covered in an odd mix of impatience and worry. Sonchou was an older gentleman, probably in his late 50s. He paced from one side of the room to the other, often stopping for a moment to glance out the window as he paced by it. He was worried about what would happen to his village next, but also excited and impatient about the arrival of shinobi from Konoha. Sonchou was the mayor of this small village which sat just outside of the great forest that hid Konoha. Due to the proximity, Konoha was quick to come to their aid. "Now that I think about it..." he said to himself letting his words disappear into the air around him, he was alone in the room, after all. "I've lived here my whole life and I don't even know how far Konoha is into that forest..." He stopped once more to look out the window.

Sonchou's little village had a large portion of farmland and produced lots of food for themselves and other surrounding villages. Unfortunately, lately a group of ruffians had been causing trouble. Sometimes they'd destroy a shipment of food as it left the village. Other times, they'd just run through the village and destroy things for no known reason. Sonchou was worried about what they might do next and that was why he'd requested aid from Konoha. So far, none of his villagers had been died, but some had been pretty badly injured in the shenanigans. At first, Sonchou thought it was just a wandering group and that they'd leave. Time and more trouble proved him wrong. He stopped once more, peering out the window, but this time... he swore he saw somebody coming out from the trees.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Fanho watched the village from a distance in the trees, peering from underneath the hood of his blue travel poncho, and the leaves of the tree he could make out the village. It appeared deserted almost, the streets barren with only the ghosts of foot imprints of where it appeared several violent struggles had occurred. He scratched his chin as he peered into the village, attempting to make sense of it all of why the bandits kept terrorizing the village. The scroll he read stated that their leader, Sonchou, he requested that a ninja be sent for troublesome people which ranked the mission at a C-rank. To Fanho that just meant a decent mission to be sent that would keep him busy a couple of days as he gathered intelligence. Still though, a mission of this caliber was going to be challenging due to being the first of its kind for Fanho himself, but he felt prepared to take on a couple of bandits. They wouldn't pose too much of a threat. If he could task his jounin sensei as a genin, he could surely take out several bandits.

He dropped from the tree with a quick whip of air flowing his poncho up for a mere second. As he entered he pulled a branch back to allow himself into the edge of the village. As Fanho neared he began to glance around at the buildings noticing slash marks, and small blood droplets sprinkling a small area. He began to notice everything seemed left in a rush, food vendors left their stalls, even a caravan was dropped. The cattle slaughtered with the blood gone brown and probably gooey due to the time its been laying there. He shook his head as the evil of some people never ceased to cause him outrage, but now he took it better in stride biding his patience for the time justice could be brought upon them. As he was in his thought's Fanho could have sworn he saw someone peak from inside their hut at him before moving the curtain back causing it to sway. He raised an eyebrow, and then lowered the hood of his poncho revealing his headband to demonstrate he was not a threat to them in hopes of them approaching him. "Hello? Its Awai, Fanho from the hidden leaf."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Servant

Post by Servant » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Sonchou poked his head out the window, confirming that this person was indeed a shinobi of the leaf. "Yes, yes, come in," he said, waving his arm out the window. He waited at the entrance and made sure no one else was coming to his home. "I'm so glad you're here." he called as he moved to a table against the wall, seeming to be messing with things. Over his shoulder he asked, "Would you like some water? Some food? I have some... harder things to drink, if water isn't to your tastes." He turned, already having gotten himself a glass of liquid courage. He looked at Fanho expectantly, before realizing that this wasn't really the time for hosting a social gathering. His normal schmoozing town leader bravado had come out and he'd allowed it to happen.

"Never mind that, I'll save your glass until you complete the mission," Sonchou added, taking a seat in one of the six or seven scattered around the room. He gestured for Fanho to do the same, though he wouldn't care if he choose to stand. "I told your village everything I know and we have no idea where those barbarians are hiding so I'm not sure if I'll be of any help, but I'll try. Do you have any questions?"
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:49 am

Fanho turned his head to face the voice of a worried concern man calling him, "Yes, yes, come in," Fanho quickly walked inside of the house still draped in his poncho as he watched the man walk over towards the table and somewhat shakily pour himself a glass while simultaneously offer some to Fanho. "I'm so glad you're here. Would you like some water? Some food? I have some... harder things to drink, if water isn't to your tastes." He shook his head as his answer, Fanho's primary focus was gathering intel on the bandits. At least as much as he could to deduce their location or find out more what lay among their ranks.

"Never mind that, I'll save your glass until you complete the mission, I told your village everything I know and we have no idea where those barbarians are hiding so I'm not sure if I'll be of any help, but I'll try. Do you have any questions?" Fanho sat in a chair across from Sonchou, he figured that the ease of Fanho might strengthen his own resolve as his calmness and self-reservedness would help Sonchou recover from this anxious feeling plaguing him. "I do have some questions, they relate to tracking down their base, and what kind of threat they pose."

Fanho gave a nod before he continued to speak while holding his hands together holding a confident look towards Sonchou before giving question after answer until it appeared Fanho's insatiable thirst for intel had been quenched. "Do you know anything of the bandits skills?" He pondered for a minute before continuing on with his next question, one of them would help assist him track them down, "Do you have any idea which direction they go when they leave? Have they ever left anything from one of their raids?"

Fanho reached up and scratched his chin before resting his hands on his knees, "Do you know if anyone else in the village knows anything about these bandits?" He pondered a bit about how he could instill the Will of Fire resolve inside them, to make them feel better about the situation. "Mr. Sonchou, let me just say your people are in good hands under the defense of Konohagakure. We'll ensure these bandits are taken out to never trouble your people again. We'll also send patrols and teams out to check for any stragglers that may try to capitalize on your situation once they're taken care of."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

YamiKohai

Post by YamiKohai » Fri May 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Sonchou watched as the shinobi sat across from him. He looked perfectly calm, almost unnaturally so. Sonchou struggled to calm himself, so that he would be able to properly help the man tasked with bringing peace back to their little village.

"Well, they are able to quite easily overpower what little defense we could put up, but most of our people are not exactly fighters."

As the questions continued, Sonchou actually began to feel better, like he was actually doing something to help.

"I think they head north most of the time, but I've also seen them go west. I haven't seen them leave anything, but you might want to ask Nero, the store owner. He is one of the most targeted so far.". He had no idea if he had told Fanho what he needed, but he also had no idea about anything else.

Fanho's comment further calmed Sonchou. "Thank you. You are our last hope.".
CharactersShow
Nara, Sandayu - Konhagakure No Sato - Genin
Nitsu, Kira - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri May 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Fanho gave a nod at Sonchou's response before standing up his long poncho dropping back towards the floor whispering at the ground almost. He gave a bow of the head as a token of respect. The man had answered all he needed to, but his lack of confidence was understandable as he could not be reassured until the bandits were eradicated. "Thank you Sonchou, That's exactly what I needed. From this and what Nero tells me. I should be able to put together a formidable strategy." He opened the door as it creaked echoing throughout the village. Like a whisper it seemed to just linger, holding still in the dead air before passing through. It sent a shiver down Fanho's spine. To see a village devastated morally by such simple bandits, it made his confidence shake just thinking of what ninja could hold in store. He shut the door behind him as it closed with a soft thud.

He propped up the hood as he walked towards the general store. He glanced around at the still village, almost seemingly abandoned expect with the occasional eye poking out to take a look at what wanderer had strolled through. As Fanho approached the general store he noticed large gouges in the wood as he raised his hand to rub the gouge with his finger. Certainly weaponry that had caused this, but large bladed weaponry, maybe that of an axe. He rapped at the door the clacking of his fist against wood once again reverberating throughout the village. Fanho kept his expression stone faced, he could not allow his fear to infect the villagers, he was supposed to be their savior, a bastion of hope against tyranny and evil. He was what stood in-between the innocent and the evil.

He glanced around as a child peeked from underneath a blanket peering out the window. As he gave a glance towards their direction he could feel the child's eyes staring at him with a sense of hope and enlightenment. Fanho had to turn away as he could feel his tear ducts welling up. It was not ninja like to allow their emotions to get to them, but Fanho was just a human being. He feels the same as any of the civilians in this village do. He feels sadness, regret, anger, and happiness all the same. It wasn't a matter of rejecting those feelings or numbing them, but to rearm those feelings for the sake of defending others. That was where his true power lay, not in the suppressing of his emotions, but to feel them. After his loss of thought Fanho realized the child had disappeared from the window, and he turned his attention to the store just as it began raining. He hoped that Nero would answer soon.

YamiKohai

Post by YamiKohai » Sat May 07, 2016 4:19 am

Sonchou stood as Fanho did, bowing in response to his. He was not at all what Sonchou had expected of a ninja, polite and yet to the points, reassuring and yet something about him screamed danger. He stood wordless as the ninja left, hoping that he would get the job done.

Nero was cleaning up the store, almost having tidied up from the last raid, when he heard the knock on the door, and it filled him with dread. It didn't occur to him that this was not the harsh banging of the bandits. He slowly trudged towards the door and peeked out through a small crack worn into the wood over time. When he saw that it was a lone man, probably a traveller, he eased the door open, it creaking during its slow swing.

"Come in out of the rain. Is there anything you needed help with?". Nero of course knew that a ninja would be arriving, but he didn't place this young man as one of the godlike beings he had heard stories of, and simply thought he was a customer, not that he had many of those these days.
CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat May 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Fanho gave a peek from underneath the hood of his pouch lightly pulling it back to show Nero the head band as he entered before pulling the hood down entirely. "Awai, Fanho of Konohagakure no Sato. I just have a few questions about the bandits." Fanho gave a stern look of discipline, but with concern in his eyes to signify to Nero the same confidence he hoped he reassured Sonchou with. Fanho would listen to what Nero had to say before nodding and scratching his chin as he began to respond with his questions.

"Do you know the abilities of these bandits? What they typically use for weapons?" He gave a peek around the store attempting to see to the best of his knowledge what he could notice around the store. Even the dark corners could not hide from Fanho's eyes as they pierced through the darkness to see if perhaps he could see any secrets, not specifically targeting Nero's personal secrets, but to see if the bandits left anything hidden in the shop. Fanho ran his fingers along Nero's shop counter before continuing onto the next question. Fanho preferred quaint little shops as he was entranced with the antique wooden counter top before continuing on with the questions facing Nero.

"Have they left anything behind in their raids that you've taken to track them down?" Fanho sat down in a chair across from Nero as he leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees. He kept his tone calm, cool, and collected to help maintain and instill a confidence in Nero. After these questions, and depending on his answers Fanho would make the call if he was confident yet to commit to an investigation of the location of the bandits.

YamiKohai

Post by YamiKohai » Sat May 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Nero was surprised to see the symbol on the man's headband as the hood was removed, almost feeling stupid he hadn't realized he was a ninja before. "A pleasure to meet someone of your standing. I would be happy to answer anything you need.". In truth, he felt uneasy. He had heard what these ninja were capable, and believed that calling one to their village could be more dangerous than the thugs.

"Well, most of them seem fairly barbaric, but with strength above what we expected. Most of them use basic axes, but their leader has a giant sword, looking like a cleaver but as tall as the man himself. I've never seen him use it, but the other thugs seem terrified of him.". As he talked he grew uneasy, watching the ninja look over his shop. It wasn't that he was hiding anything, but the store had definitely seen better days and he knew it.

"In the last raid two of them got into a fight over something they took from one of the villagers. One of them got his shirt ripped, and this was left behind.". Nero pulled out a scrap of fabric, with the symbol of a skull on it, a cross covering its right eye. He offered it to Fanho, wanted everything to be over more than he distrusted the ninja.
CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon May 09, 2016 6:59 am

Fanho gave a nod at Nero's answer. He could tell Nero was very uncomfortable in the least, but he couldn't determine from what, the bandits or Fanho's own presence. He took the fabric from Nero as he felt it with his fingers rubbing his thumb across it. It was relatively new fabric, and decent embroidering. Fanho slid the fabric into a pocket located on the right side of his poncho. At least this told him they were a somewhat established bandit group, and gave him a symbol to look for when he would be investigating for their presence and possibly their encampment. "Is there anything else you know of that might help me track them down? Directions they typically leave towards, anything they possibly might have let slip during their conversations?"

With this question Fanho should be able to wrap up his conversations with the villagers, and felt confidence in tracking them down afterwards. Cleavers, gigantic swords, axes, these were basic common weapons, but the way it sounds they certainly tower in strength. However they don't seem to be tacticians with rather barbaric tactics of fear mongering. Fanho grit his teeth behind his cool collected expression. It made his stomach churn at the idea of such brutes taking advantage of others. He balled his hand into a fist before letting go while thinking about such things.

YamiKohai

Post by YamiKohai » Mon May 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Nero watched the man briefly glance at the fabric before tucking it away, slightly annoyed that Fanho hadn't made a bigger deal about his contribution. "I'm not sure where they go, but it can't be too far. They never carry much in the way of supplies, and what food and drink they take from us doesn't usually last until they leave.". The last part was said with a slight grimace, Nero had lost much to the bandits and even now was barely kept in business by the few travelers who didn't know what danger they were taking by spending time in the small village.

Nero saw the other man briefly lose his calm, clenching his fist before taking control again. So the ninja were human, or at least close to it. Nero waited for the man to either ask him more questions or leave, hoping for the latter so he could get back to work.
CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon May 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Fanho stood up the poncho falling to the floor as he extended a hand from the poncho reaching out to shake Nero's hand with a gentle but firm reassuring grip and a bow as he made his pleasant goodbye. "Thank you Nero. This cloth and the information you've provided me will help me identify them as well as give me some leverage to work with. I can assure you everything will be handled." He gave a slight wave towards the window as if gesturing to the rest of the village. "We will have follow up ninja come and provide over watch over the village to make sure no bandits capitalize on your recovery, as well as train the local populace."

He made his way towards the door before giving a glance back at the shop. He gave a sigh as his gaze dropped to the floor, it was sad to see a village racked by fear, anger, and no proper outlets to express themselves except cower in fear of another attack. "I promise I can get the bastards as long as we don't give up, because this way of life is something worth fighting for." He opened the door tugging his hood back on walking out into the rain before giving another lasting glance at Nero. This time with rain running down his poncho, and the pitter patter of rain booming outside of the door way. "Remember, the night is always darkest before the dawn."

Fanho turned around as his poncho wisped around in exasperation to catch up with his speedy movements. Fanho began walking towards the trees. He needed to stay near the village in-case it was attacked during his presence, he figured shadow clones would be his best best of hanging around the village while scouting for information in the distance. His presence would be unknown to the villagers as he would remain on the outskirts of the clearing their village sat in, sitting in the trees himself watching, waiting. He would be a watchful guardian, not the one they needed at this exact moment, but the one they deserved in their time of need. He would be ready to act in a moment taking off against the enemy ninja as soon as one of his shadow clones spotted them to intercept them before anything could be done against the village.

YamiKohai

Post by YamiKohai » Mon May 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Nero accepted Fanho's hand, grasping it with less enthusiasm than Fanho. Letting go as quickly as he could, he then watched as Fanho bowed and made his thanks.Nero knew that he had done his best to help the ninja, but he felt better about it when it was actually said that it would help. He pushed the feeling down though, trying not to listen to the man, who was probably a psychopath.

Nero was a little worried when he heard that more ninja would be coming, but calmed down a little when he realised that this one hadn't been too bad. At the very least he was doing what they had requested, so it wasn't like Nero could complain. And if these new ones were going to train the others, at least something like this wouldn't happen again.

He was happy to see Fanho leave regardless, and so when he turned around Nero got a little annoyed. Even more so when he opened his mouth. Of course they were going to get the bandits, that was what they were paying him for. And what did he mean, this way of life, just because they weren't as powerful or rich as one of the ninja villages somehow made them different? He turned away, and as such didn't see Fanho go outside, but he did hear what he said next, and got confused. Night was darkest before dawn? No it wasn't, the sun was starting to come up right before dawn! This guy had no idea what he was talking about...
CharactersShow

Return to “Fire Country”